A Place To Talk About Giants Baseball

A Great Win and time to Reload for Derby Day!

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on May 7, 2011

I’m posting this from a phone so don’t expect much. And I can’t cut and paste POTD’s or POTG but if I could the POTD could have been a slew of comments from last night and the POTG was Nate for a hit that could only be described as *perseverance*. He tried going to left the swing before and just missed it and then he finally got it right  (or *left*) with that *forehand* beautifully placed into left field. Just a great piece of hitting. Side note: What is up with Betancourt? He’s a steroid-guy so I’m more suspicious of him than others, but he is a twitchy-sort, isn’t he? Did anyone notice that he kept sniffing his right underarm over and over? Anything planted in there to give him a *boost*? Maybe he’s just insane, I’ve seen guys down at the park who do that. Either way, it didn’t work…

Derby Day. My favorite of all the days. The Oaks hit me hard but I’m taking another swing today. This Derby is IMPOSSIBLE and for the first time in years I’m not doing a trifecta or a super—just trying to hit a Pick 4 and a Pick 3 into it. Picks coming soon in the widget to the right….

1. TedSpe said, on May 7, 2011 at 7:56 am

It’s a beautiful day for the race. Stu Chan is the favorite today, Assault is in there, Dog Bisquit is three to one, Safety Pin has been scratched, and at twenty to one…
    Feitlebaum.
    Now the horses are approaching the starting gate, and eh,
    THERE THEY GOOOOOO
    And it’s Stu Chan going to the front, Cabbage is second on the rail, Beautiful Linda is third by a length, and…
    Feitlebaum.
    Around the first turn Stu Chan is still in front, Cabbage is second by a head (Cabbage by a head!), Beautiful Linda is third and…
    Feitlebaum.
    Into the back stretch, Dog Bisquit is now leading the pack, Lady Avalon is second, very close. Banana is coming up through the bunch
    (Banana coming up through the bunch!) and…
    Feitlebaum.
    At the half Stu Chan still out in the front, Apartment House is second with plenty of room, Assault is passing Battery (Assault and Battery!), Notary’s Old Jack is fourth, and in last place by ten lengths I believe it is, yes, it is…
    Feitlebaum.
    Around the turn, heading for home, it’s Stu Chan and Dog Bisquit and Girdle in the stretch. Flying Sylvester is third and Mother-In-Law nagging in the rear
    (Oh! Oh! Oh!).
    And now they come down to the wire, and it’s number one and now number two and it’s very close, it’ll either be a photo finish or an oil painting,
    and now Louis speaks with the left, and Louis is in there, slugging, and it’s a battle, and now they are tearing hair, there’s hair all over the ring,there’s hair all over the place, I don’t know whose hair it is.
    It’ mine!
    AND THERE GOES THE WINNERRRRRRRRR…….

Feitlebaum

2. stixwiz said, on May 7, 2011 at 8:15 am

Last night they started out like Chumps. But they finished as Champs. It’s been an agonizing wait. Worth it to see them finally revert to form as the Halloween Machine.

3. Del Mar Dennis said, on May 7, 2011 at 8:31 am

Good morning, and Happy Derby Day to one and all.

I’m sure you guys are all familiar with the old baseball adage… Soldat, Spahn and Sain and pray for rain.

4. willied said, on May 7, 2011 at 8:45 am

rox are serious contenders, no doubt, but that’s 3 out of 4 for Sf so far, done in dramatic fashion. As Twin mentioned, they wore Ubaldo out eventually, and their pen couldn’t finish the deal, which looms as an achilles heel so far.
    For all their great start and the Giants offensive woes, I still have to see the rox play well on the road before I concede they are any different than last year and can produce a different finish. This trip so far hasn’t been so hot for them. They get bum and vogs this weekend, so we’ll see.
    Nate is at his best when he just spraying the ball around and using the whole park from line to line. It’s when he tries to yank stuff and puts the ball in the air, esp at home (remember no HRs all last year here in 110 ABs), that his game suffers. Last night wasn’t exactly a rocket, just putting the outside pitch into play and serving it in front the OF. Nice piece of hitting in clutch situation.

Any word on torres and casilla?

5. Macdog said, on May 7, 2011 at 9:00 am

Looks like some good Flap-related choices in the Derby field, including Comma to the Top (Pawlie) and Master of Hounds (for the dog owners here). But any Flapster has gotta love this 30-1 shot — Twinspired! If this horse has even half the heart and grit of our own Twinnie, he’ll be smelling the roses at race’s end.

In tonight’s showdown, I see a Dialed In MadBum breaking his maiden for 2011 while Bochy utilizes Ford’s Brilliant Speed in the game’s Decisive Moment as the reelin’ Rox play with their Pants on Fire and suffer another dispiriting defeat to the Champs.

My Derby choice? Stay Thirsty, Giants.

6. twinfan said, on May 7, 2011 at 9:37 am

I had the Rockies as a distant third until the Dodger mess, now they’ll be a distant second. We’re three out now? Considering the circumstances that’s like a 5 game lead.
    So- has Nate solidified a role here? Or has he enhanced his trade value? Long term, as in rest of the year, who do you really want in RF- Ross or the Natester?

7. twinfan said, on May 7, 2011 at 9:48 am

Gary Brown was 5-7 last night with 6 RBIs, BTW. Looks like we have another fast tracker…

• Del Mar Dennis said, on May 7, 2011 at 10:08 am

Anyone can be a fast tracker. What happens when the track comes up off. Was Gary Brown’s Faddah a mudder. Was his Muddah a mudder?

8. blade3colorado said, on May 7, 2011 at 10:23 am

Actually Willied, the Rockies have never been a good road team and continue to prove it again this year. Same goes for fast starts, albeit, this year has been different . . . thus far.

OK, boys and girls . . . Clayton Mortensen (0-0, 0.00 ERA) “knew” he would return to the big leagues. He just didn’t expect it to be this soon. After what amounted to a layover flight in Triple-A, the right-hander returns to take Esmil Rogers’ spot today. Mortensen has not allowed a run in eight innings, serving as a groundball machine. This will be his eighth big-league start, the previous seven coming with Oakland. You guys living in the bay area probably know more about him than I do.

My cuz is taking me to the game this evening and there’s a chance I might get a photo with Tulowitski (due to my cousin living next door to Troy’s dad). Whatever. Go Giants!

9. Big flavor said, on May 7, 2011 at 11:50 am

just started a pick for into derby. I like my chances of making it through the first leg– hit the all button. Then 1,12/4,5,8,12/1,8,13,17. Then did another one singling here comes Ben and another one singling court vision and opening up wide in the derby

10. Del Mar Dennis said, on May 7, 2011 at 12:15 pm

Hit the all button? Barry fucking Zito hits the all button. His is a little different as it’s comprised of hot chicks, but he’s HIT them all.

11. Big flavor said, on May 7, 2011 at 12:26 pm

Tony Noguez is signing autographs in the silver legacy sports book. There are 3 people in line. Dirt if you want to catch the derby down here come on down

• Del Mar Dennis said, on May 7, 2011 at 1:20 pm

Flav, any action on the big fight tonight? Pac Man -850 Sugar +550

Fuck Aaron Rodgers. Who do you like? “Whatever the biggest long shot is.” Pick a goddamn horse. Fuck you. Fuck Cal. Fuck the Packers. And fuck me for having Alex Smith as my quarterback.

• dirtnrocksnreno said, on May 7, 2011 at 5:13 pm

Flav, thanks for the invite but Mother’s Day weekend and all.

12. Del Mar Dennis said, on May 7, 2011 at 12:35 pm

Rosie Napravnik is riding Pants On Fire in the Derby. I could use a goddamn hose to extinguish the fire that little 112 lb spitfire has ignited in my lap. Del Mar loves him some redheads.

13. blade3colorado said, on May 7, 2011 at 12:53 pm

Denver Post had this on Nate – –Why weren’t the Rockies guarding the line when Nate Schierholtz doubled to left off Rafael Betancourt in the eighth, tying the score? Schierholtz is pull hitter. The Rockies thought he would roll over on groundball on an outside fastball. It was a great piece of hitting by Schierholtz to flick it into left field.

14. Del Mar Dennis said, on May 7, 2011 at 1:51 pm

Fucking TVG must be getting inundated with too many betting requests. Shit won’t go through.

I like the 4 and 9 here in the WR. GL.

15. Del Mar Dennis said, on May 7, 2011 at 2:05 pm

Rachael Alexander is confirmed to be in foal. That begs the question; did Chuck give up on goats?

16. Del Mar Dennis said, on May 7, 2011 at 2:15 pm

C’mon Flappers, it’s the goddamn Kentucky Derby for Christ sakes. I wanna hear your picks. Most consider this years rendition to be an extremely wide open affair. Personally, I think this years crop of 3 yos stink on ice. Seriously, I keep expecting to see Arnold and Babe load into the gate. Oink!

17. twinfan said, on May 7, 2011 at 2:47 pm

Pants On Fire…
    I gave Nate zero chance in that AB, and with two strikes: even less. It was a great piece of hitting..but damn, he’s fucking frustrating. Those two monster HRs- how did he have NINE in his whole career? Seems he should be a stud corner OFer…

• Sierra Nevada said, on May 7, 2011 at 3:41 pm

I had totally given up on Sholtz in that at bat as well.

The other day I read somewheres that his recent power surge has to do with Meulens changing his approach and opening up his stance. I think Nate came to realize that he was on the bubble and was about to suffer the same fate as Ishi, so he probably was open to the change of approach.

What will be interesting to see is if Nate can keep it up. In the past, every time he would have a short spurt of semi-productiveness, only to be followed by long periods of stank.

• willied said, on May 7, 2011 at 5:25 pm

With all the room at ATT on the right side, Nate has half the OF to shoot for on the left side, very doable on balls out over the plate. Think Dave Magadan instead of Dave Parker.

18. macdog said, on May 7, 2011 at 3:23 pm

No-no alert in Toronto.

19. Rough Trade said, on May 7, 2011 at 3:30 pm

Man, wide open affair. But lots of speed, so I’m throwing out Comma, Soldat, Pants and Shackleford. Dialed In is overbet, Baffert’s horse never ran at 2, Euro looks bad, Arch has the rail and Nehro hasn’t been working well and is overbet. Then you have a bunch with figs too low.

I’m putting win bets on Animal Kingdom at 20-1, even though he looks like a grass horse and Santiva at 30-1.

20. xootsuit said, on May 7, 2011 at 3:30 pm

Ky Derby? You mean that race the Rolling Stones mention in Dead Flowers?

Bet you won’t meet Alison Krauss or Ashley Judd at any of the festivities. My kid’s interested, this year, for some reason. He says it’s about to start. Better go look.

21. Del Mar Dennis said, on May 7, 2011 at 3:31 pm

Wheeled SOLDAT top/bottom w/ Stay Thirsty, Pants On Fire, Santiva, Mucho Macho Man, Shackleford and Animal Kingdom in the tri.

Win: Soldat
    Place: Shackleford
    Show: Santiva

Win or lose, I love watching these guys run. Good luck, and God Bless.

22. Rough Trade said, on May 7, 2011 at 3:43 pm

Beers are on me!

• Del Mar Dennis said, on May 7, 2011 at 3:53 pm

Congrats. A son of Leroidesanimaux wins the Derby. 2-1 says he’ll be running in either the Mile or Turf come BC time. It’s a crying shame.

23. Del Mar Dennis said, on May 7, 2011 at 3:56 pm

I’m glad the guy who won the free $100,000 bet who selected Mucho Macho Man lost.
    I don’t like his hat. Fuck him.

24. Del Mar Dennis said, on May 7, 2011 at 4:01 pm

If Mike Repole were sitting next to me, I’d punch him in the goddamn throat.
    Fuck him and his Uncle Mo. Oink!

25. Del Mar Dennis said, on May 7, 2011 at 4:15 pm

Anyone hitting the MGM for the big fight tonight? Pacquiao is the 6-1 fav over Mosley. I don’t see an upset. That shit goes the distance and Pac Man sweeps the judges score cards.

• dirtnrocksnreno said, on May 7, 2011 at 5:11 pm

Reports that Pacquiao had a minor fender bender this afternoon. Nobody is gicing Mosley a shot. This is one of those fights that could be a surprise.

26. Rough Trade said, on May 7, 2011 at 4:52 pm

Go get em Bum. No change. Nate earns another start.
    CF Rowand
    2B Sanchez
    SS Fontenot
    C Posey
    1B Huff
    LF Burrell
    RF Schierholtz
    3B Tejada

• Del Mar Dennis said, on May 7, 2011 at 5:14 pm

It pains me to say, but I LOVE tonight’s lineup. Must be the mint juleps kicking in.

27. dirtnrocksnreno said, on May 7, 2011 at 5:12 pm

Is that 3 starts in a row for the pride of Danville? Showcasing Schierholtz?

28. Del Mar Dennis said, on May 7, 2011 at 5:18 pm

And for the record, I picked DENNY Hamlin for tonight’s Southern 500 at Darlington.
    GO DENNY! 🙂

29. twinfan said, on May 7, 2011 at 5:26 pm

5 starts for Nate this week
    18 AB .278 BA .381 OBP .937 OPS
    1 HR 5 RBI

• twinfan said, on May 7, 2011 at 5:56 pm

And Fontenot has been on base 10 times in 18 PA in the 3 spot…

30. PawlieKokonuts said, on May 7, 2011 at 5:55 pm

Lots of fun seeing the trophy @BaseballHall today. SFG fans from SF (!!!!), VT, OH, NY, MA, etc. Get this, the usher from AT&T Section 122 (Ray) was there, and this woman who has season tix there, Cindy — surprise! — sees him. (Cindy knows of The Flap but has never posted here! Knows of TwinFan, too!) (I promoted The Flap and justin.tv.) We got a live tour of AT&T from SFG employee Alexis and every time she said “your World Champion San Francisco Giants” the crowd of 60 or so in the Bullpen Theater hooted and hollered. Lots of camaraderie. spread through the whole village. Then they had a thing at 2:30 showing artifacts from the collection (the Hall only shows about 10% of its stuff at any given time. So they had a jersey, black and white and wool from 1901 or something AND Will Clark’s bat from the 1989 NLCS. Cool! Will the Thrill was the favorite of the lady sitting next to me. A pleasant time for all. Giants fans are the greatest.

31. PawlieKokonuts said, on May 7, 2011 at 6:05 pm

how come no word on Andres Torres? did he become a jockey?

32. twinfan said, on May 7, 2011 at 6:10 pm

Had his second rehab in Fresno last night. He has said he didn’t feel ready yet. Probably this week…

• PawlieKokonuts said, on May 7, 2011 at 6:16 pm

oh, did not know that, Mike. Tnx. I thought he “felt ready” even before they DLed him. I think this was more serious than I understood it to be. [But I am very pleased by the job Gamer has done; a typical Gamer catch last night]

33. Del Mar Dennis said, on May 7, 2011 at 6:21 pm

Posey gets credited with an RBI for that hit? Poppycock. He still sucks Secretariat balls.
    He’s our cleanup hitter for Christ sakes. HIT the ball, Alice.

34. twinfan said, on May 7, 2011 at 6:27 pm

“Posey gets credited with an RBI for that hit?” Uh, it’s not optional.

• Del Mar Dennis said, on May 7, 2011 at 7:12 pm

Yeah, I know the rules. I’m just saying if I were him I wouldn’t accept the RBI.
      Think Brando and Sacheen Littlefeather. Hey, what the hell happened to DENNIS Littlejohn?
      Stick a feather in his cap.

35. PawlieKokonuts said, on May 7, 2011 at 6:52 pm

I learned that they powerwash every seat after every AT&T game; folks stay till 2am after a night game…or do they come to work then? anyway

dude in the audience asked how much they have to pay every year in loans for the stadium and for how many years; our virtual guide did not of course have that data

and did you know the stadium consists of 5 “chunks” — each kept separate for earthquake protection?

and the terms of ownership say renovations must take place every certain (6?) number of years

we did not heat the visitors’ dugout benches till ’09, i think

36. paulinasia said, on May 7, 2011 at 7:04 pm

Micheal asks who would you prefer to see in right, Cody or Nate. I generally think Ross, because even though he has started slowly this year, he gets very streaky and a lot of his hits seem to be timely. He’s also got a lot of enthusiasm and just plain seems to enjoy playing the game. But I’ve also always thought Nate could be a decent player if he’s playing regularly. I think it was a couple of years ago that he got a chance to start for like 3 weeks, and he put up fairly good numbers, if I remember correctly, and then got hurt and never had a long streak of starts again. But I also remember saying at that time that if he wasn’t going to start, they should probably let him go, because he didn’t seem to put up good numbers off the bench as a part-timer. What I like about both of them (Ross and Nate) is that they seem to make adjustments at the plate, in their stance, approach, timing of feet and swing, etc. My original hope for Nate was that he could become another Kirk Gibson kind of player. Just hasn’t shown the power.

37. paulinasia said, on May 7, 2011 at 7:05 pm

Sorry, of course that should’ve said “Michael”, not Micheal… still having my first cup of morning coffee. Oh, and RoughTrade, nice pick on the 20-1 in the Derby!

38. Del Mar Dennis said, on May 7, 2011 at 7:20 pm

Fruckie Power! That little runt ain’t half bad.

39. twinfan said, on May 7, 2011 at 7:22 pm

Nate is “toolsy-ier” than Ross, he just hasn’t utilized them, for whatever reason..

40. PawlieKokonuts said, on May 7, 2011 at 7:23 pm

this from @nancybroden Twitter:

Even Derby winners are @SFGiants’ fans! http://t.co/DGo0WJi

41. willied said, on May 7, 2011 at 7:24 pm

All this stuff is happening without torres and sando, who had the best numbers of anyone.
    Look at the heroes lately..font, rowand, nate..couple rbis tonite from the runt.

42. paulinasia said, on May 7, 2011 at 7:35 pm

Yes, Willie, and that’s how I remember the team winning in the 2nd half last year and in the post-season; different contributors, true team effort. Losing Pablo for these weeks and maybe months sucks, but getting Torres back and even DeRosa (if his wrist would ever be well long enough for him to contribute) could stabilize things the way we saw the team morph and evolve and finally put it together come July… which is also about when Pablo will return… good times ahead.

43. willied said, on May 7, 2011 at 7:39 pm

DP has to be one the coolest plays in all of sports. No matter how fast you are, if it is hit hard right at somebody and the d turns it, you’re fucked. The Giants of Uribe/thompson days were just a pleasure to watch turn it.
    So far, not a good night to be dexter fowler either.

• Del Mar Dennis said, on May 7, 2011 at 7:45 pm

Maybe not a good night for Dexter, but it sure the hell beats the 3-year shitty career of Dexys Midnight Runners.

Come On Eileen.

44. willied said, on May 7, 2011 at 7:41 pm

Have to mention too how bum helped his team out with the sac, while Mortensen fucked his up with the K.

45. Del Mar Dennis said, on May 7, 2011 at 7:53 pm

Jesus H. fucking Christ. Madison Sanchez.

46. twinfan said, on May 7, 2011 at 7:57 pm

Bumgarner’s habit for totally falling apart is getting distressing.

47. zumarust said, on May 7, 2011 at 7:57 pm

It’s a lot of the Giants lefthanded pitchers, for some reason. Bumgarner, J.Sanchez, Affeldt, Runzler…..they get that groundball, and wind up to throw it to a base, and you just hold your breath.

48. eddacker said, on May 7, 2011 at 7:58 pm

Hey, congratulations it is vicarious fun to see all ya all’s Derby Mint Jubilancy.
    But, really, when is huff gonna get going? I was on a gambler’s high, him with a grand slam opportunity. I felt the cards were dealt; my horse was leading entering the home straight; the roulette wheel was my friend. All the way to strike three.
    shit, tie game
    thanks kokonut for the recap of the virtual tour.
    TF welcome back from your latest trip AFK
    and Go Giants, home field advantage, so let’s take it home.

49. Del Mar Dennis said, on May 7, 2011 at 7:59 pm

Son of a motherless fuck. What once was a very clean, neat and spiffy outing from Bum turned quickly into a riot act because of that one play. Make the play.

Very nice play from Tejada to cut the runner at home.

50. Del Mar Dennis said, on May 7, 2011 at 8:03 pm

Sit down! Three cheers for Ramirez. That was some nice relief work right there.

51. stixwiz said, on May 7, 2011 at 8:07 pm

Bumgarner’s brainfart inning doesn’t devolve into a total blowout thanks to one helluva job by Ramirez. That pen seems to be getting tighter and tighter. So Madison does not win this one, but he can’t lose it either. That is an improvement. Now let’s bunch some hits.

52. Del Mar Dennis said, on May 7, 2011 at 8:12 pm

They’re walking Posey? I get the logic, but he’s been an easy out for the past three weeks.

Huff Daddy bunt? Lay it down…

53. stixwiz said, on May 7, 2011 at 8:19 pm

Huff n Puff. When that guy goes sour, he drives all the dill pickles outta the kitchen out of sheer embarrassment. As soon as either DeRosa or Torres returns, unless there is a turnaround, i’d prefer to see Aubrey batting eighth to take off the pressure. It’s tough to see these rallies fizzle. More work for the bullpen.

54. eddacker said, on May 7, 2011 at 8:21 pm

Both Blade and FH are at the game, has either been spotted on the crowd cam? FH rented BD wishes for her mate on the jumbo tron.

Once I wave Aubry he’ll get on track and start hitting, right, Dennis?

• Del Mar Dennis said, on May 7, 2011 at 8:27 pm

You’re not gonna wave Huff Daddy. If you do, I can already hear the Benny Hill Theme in the background as fantasy owners scramble to pick him up. All the while, I’m gonna slap that old bald guy on the head.

55. zumarust said, on May 7, 2011 at 8:29 pm

Hey, take it to firstbase yourself- no throw! (grin)

56. zumarust said, on May 7, 2011 at 8:30 pm

Walking the tightrope these last few innings!

57. stixwiz said, on May 7, 2011 at 8:33 pm

Another Houdini act. This time by Lopez, clearing his way through his own mess. We have a starter or two one could wish had his nerve.

58. mrmrbill said, on May 7, 2011 at 8:41 pm

Tejada Ford?

59. stixwiz said, on May 7, 2011 at 8:57 pm

Houdini keeps changing his identity. Typical inning for the Drama Queen.

60. eddacker said, on May 7, 2011 at 8:59 pm

Torture in the house so settle in Flappers and let your rally flag fly one flap down!

Yahoo! has B Belt listed as ‘on the bench’ did I miss the memo?

61. Del Mar Dennis said, on May 7, 2011 at 9:00 pm

Wow. Very nice play there by Little Lord Fauntleroy at SS. Lucky for you guys he squelched that rally and NO Whitey runs were allowed. Otherwise you’d have to hear another one of my lectures why you shouldn’t bring in the closer in non-save situations.

62. Del Mar Dennis said, on May 7, 2011 at 9:03 pm

Hey, I can’t speak for the rest of you guys, but this shit is exciting.

Time to bunt w/your 3rd place hitter? I’d lean into one al a Rudi Stein. Go Bad News Bears!

63. Del Mar Dennis said, on May 7, 2011 at 9:05 pm

Ballgame!

I love this team. They got guts.

64. Macdog said, on May 7, 2011 at 9:05 pm

Yesssssssssssssssssssss!

65. freshtodef80 said, on May 7, 2011 at 9:06 pm

66. zumarust said, on May 7, 2011 at 9:07 pm

Oh yeah!!

67. snarkk said, on May 7, 2011 at 9:08 pm

I don’t get the choice to not walk Font and load the bases for Huff.
    Another exciting one. Gyros winning with smoke and mirrors, the home crowd really gets this team going…

• twinfan said, on May 7, 2011 at 9:19 pm

Huff wasn’t next..

• Rough Trade said, on May 7, 2011 at 9:20 pm

I wasn’t thrilled with Fontenot bunting, figuring Col would then walk Posey to have Morales face the struggling Huff.

• Macdog said, on May 7, 2011 at 9:23 pm

Posey was on deck, but your point’s well-taken. I know it’s lefty-lefty, but no way I’m pitching to the Little Big Man the way he’s rakin’ it.

• twinfan said, on May 7, 2011 at 9:56 pm

Look, I love Font, walk him to get to Posey? That kind of shit gets managers fired.

• Macdog said, on May 7, 2011 at 10:52 pm

We’ve seen stranger things this year, like walking Eli to load the bases for Huff.

68. eddacker said, on May 7, 2011 at 9:10 pm

And your favorite centre fielder scores the winning run
    Seabiscuit first out to mob mike who is having fun
    go Giants!

69. stixwiz said, on May 7, 2011 at 9:12 pm

Curly Joe Fontenot does it again. .38 Special wins his second consecutive by throwing a runless ninth. Team effort again, with Rowand and Franchez doing it again. Once more, this time with much, much drama, the dauntless bullpen stifles the Rox. Can they upset the usual odds and take the broom to DeLaRosa tomorrow? A lot will depend on Vogelsong. One thing we do know is that this team seems to love home cooking and can successfully brew up the winning run in the late innings.

Colorado must feel snakebit.

70. Rough Trade said, on May 7, 2011 at 9:18 pm

Yeah, who would have guessed the little guy would be leading the way.
    That’s 3 tough losses in as many nights for the Rockettes.

Fresno lineup tonight: Torres DeRosa Belt the first 3 hitters. Andres had a hr, Belt 2/3, MDR 1-4.

Now pitching for Tucson former Giant Scott Munter.

71. twinfan said, on May 7, 2011 at 9:23 pm

Fontenot had a plus .900 OPS one year with 9 HRs in part time duty. He seemed to have lost some of the pop, but he’s been a good hitter always.

72. snarkk said, on May 7, 2011 at 9:26 pm

POTG — Ramon Ramirez….

• TedSpe said, on May 7, 2011 at 11:39 pm

Gomez?…..

73. snarkk said, on May 7, 2011 at 9:30 pm

If Font keeps this up, it’ll be interesting when Panda comes back. Font is playing a far better SS than Tejada. I am frankly surprised at how well Font has played D at SS. His arm isn’t great, but he’s got better range and quickness than Tejada; that makes up for the average arm…

74. paulinasia said, on May 7, 2011 at 9:41 pm

Nice also to see the team with a winning record against western division foes. I know that in the end, it doesn’t matter who you beat, as long as you win, but the Giants have seemed in the past to make it more challenging by not faring well against the west. Good trend so far this year.

75. DJLoo said, on May 7, 2011 at 10:57 pm

I wonder if they’re done power washing all the seats…

• TedSpe said, on May 7, 2011 at 11:36 pm