A Place To Talk About Giants Baseball

What Happens to Dirrrrrty in Colorado Tomorrow?

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on May 16, 2011

I know Timmy is going tonight but I am haunted by what could happen tomorrow. Dirrrrty Sanchez is pitching in Colorado. He’s actually had some moderate levels of success there— 4-2 in 7 starts. His ERA is 4.91 (not awful for that place) and he’s held opponents to a .220 batting average. But that was back when he still knew how to throw strikes. I honestly think that past history of success or failure  applies less to Dirrrrty than to any pitcher in the history of major league baseball. Anything could happen tomorrow night.

I have Dirrrrty in two teams (not in the Flap, that draft is automatic so it’s luck who goes where). In my NFBC league I have to set my line up on Mon morning and then you can’t change it till the following Mon (which sucks if someone in your starting LU gets injured early in the week). I’ve agonized over whether to start him this week (I’m wondering if he feels the same) but he’s a 2 start pitcher this week and he gets Oakland at home on Sunday. Ugh. I’m inclined to start him and pray to God for strikes…..

The Flap Fantasy Baseball Standings

(NoTalent pushes Pawlie to an unusual third place standing, Dirt and FH continue their see saw battle for who gets to take a dump on Edd and Ed, well, god love Ed…..)

1. Unca Chuck said, on May 16, 2011 at 8:50 pm

Well, if he could stay off he DL, mebbe he could get some more ABs . . .

• Unca Chuck said, on May 16, 2011 at 8:51 pm

It’ll be June of 2012 before he reaches 150 PAs.

2. twinfan said, on May 16, 2011 at 9:04 pm

Checked that throw again- definitely uncatchable if Dirty throws it…
    DeRosa and Burrell need to go-now.

3. twinfan said, on May 16, 2011 at 9:17 pm

Classy Tim- blame it on a teammate. On this night, Tejada was better than you were, son.

4. paulinasia said, on May 16, 2011 at 10:16 pm

Timmy had a very bad night. Probably no need to bash anyone else about it. Also very uncomfortable to hear Timmy point the finger at Tejada for not being there earlier. These are basic baseball fundamentals, he Timmy didn’t execute. Hopefully just chalk it up to one bad night and hope it doesn’t start a string like last August. Bad nights happen.

One thing, though… all this “Gomez” stuff here lately…. it’s getting kind of annoying…

• zumarust said, on May 16, 2011 at 11:56 pm

But I do have to mention an actual Gomez….Juan Uribe got robbed of a homerun by Gomez, who made a great catch over the fence.

5. Macdog said, on May 16, 2011 at 11:03 pm

Caught most of this fiasco at work with no sound. Don’t know if anyone mentioned it and can’t remember which inning it was, but I’ve never seen Timmy get that pissed off on the mound as he did after getting squeezed by the ump on a 4-pitch walk. He really seemed to lose it after that, and this outing resembled one of MadBum’s meltdowns of late.

My two cents: That was a shit throw by Timmy. Even if Tejada catches it, Timmy’s throw blew a double play that likely would’ve prevented a big inning.