A Place To Talk About Giants Baseball

Tough Game

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on May 25, 2011

Mike Stanton has a pretty imposing swing, doesn’t he? I don’t find Gaby Sanchez to be the force the broadcasters do. He’s having a nice little streak to start the season. But Stanton, that dude is a Man-Child. When you look at Florida’s LU, it’s a big reminder to us of what we DON’T have. We don’t have a single player who offers the type of power that several of those dudes do…..

And if Nolasco can shut us down like that I shudder to think of what Anibel Sanchez will do on Thursday. At least we get a break with Volstad. He’s a big son of a be-atch. but he’s a pretty below average pitcher…..

1. TedSpe said, on May 25, 2011 at 9:41 am

Sanchez is Thursday, Volstad is tonight.
    Which, I might remind you all, I will be attending, so if anyone else is going to be there, let me know.
    Going straight from work so I’ll either be the best dressed Giant fan there or the dumbest looking asshole. Often both.

2. Kevin said, on May 25, 2011 at 9:57 am

So you are going in your Brooks Brothers suit?? Don’t get ketchup on the tie!!

• TedSpe said, on May 25, 2011 at 10:05 am

A Nautica light blue pin stripe. So I think I’ll stick with mustard

• xootsuit said, on May 25, 2011 at 11:27 am

Off the fucking rack? You kidding me?

• TedSpe said, on May 25, 2011 at 11:52 am

We’re not all in your salary range

• xootsuit said, on May 25, 2011 at 12:23 pm

“Mike Krukow and Duane Kuiper, the best announcers in baseball . . . in their price range.”
        I really wish KNBR still used that tag line after the Kruk and Kuip on Baseball show.
        Anyway, sorry I mentioned it.

• TedSpe said, on May 25, 2011 at 1:39 pm

Not at all. I thought it was funny

3. twinfan said, on May 25, 2011 at 10:00 am

“Sanchez is Thursday, Volstad is tonight.” I’m sure that’s what he meant, Ted.

• TedSpe said, on May 25, 2011 at 10:04 am

Yeah. I probably wouldn’t have said anything if I wasn’t going. I’m just jacked because it’s my first game this season

4. mrmrbill said, on May 25, 2011 at 10:05 am

LQTM, more Eck on Fu’: “Eckersley on Fuentes: “You’re not Mariano (Rivera). That’s pretty much what it comes down to.”

• twinfan said, on May 25, 2011 at 10:11 am

A guy doesn’t have to be a star to speak his mind- as I patiently explained:
      1. What Fuentes said was 100% correct
      2. He did it because he wants out ( as do all the A’s. He’s just trying to expedite it)

5. twinfan said, on May 25, 2011 at 10:07 am

Everyone knows Nolasco can be real tough on anybody. He’s erratic but he can be lights out when he’s on…
    We’ll see how he goes when he returns from the DL, but Pablo was showing the kind of power I thought he’d exhibit last year. They’ll be fine.

• Del Mar Dennis said, on May 25, 2011 at 10:16 am

13th in batting average – .242
      13th in homers – 34
      16th in RBI, dead last – 156
      16th in runs scored, dead last – 164
      14th in OBP – .308
      12th in SLG – .367

“They’ll be fine.”

• DJLoo said, on May 25, 2011 at 10:22 am

It’s called consistency, Dennis…

• twinfan said, on May 25, 2011 at 10:24 am

If you believe it will stay that way, you learned nothing from being wrong all of last year. And you still haven’t figgered out that being in first despite those numbers is a positive.

• Kevin said, on May 25, 2011 at 10:47 am

Have to say that when your team is in first place it is hard to bitch about stuff. But doomers and trolls always do. If the Giants were dead last in the standings then those numbers become relevant.

• eddacker said, on May 25, 2011 at 1:27 pm

they will be fine, checking the standings, with those numbers, until the playoffs begin. We can re visit the numbers then.
        Pablo is on his way back and the world champions are fourth best in baseball.
        and now the bad news:
        Cubs lost Garza for a while, and while not piling up the wins he was a piece of the cubbies climb. The Rocks (and Denny) lost DeLa for the season, and The Nats went 1 for 7 on their just finished road trip.
        Go Giants!

6. dirtnrocksnreno said, on May 25, 2011 at 10:47 am

Tough night all around for sure. They just string anything together and get anything going. Florida is a good looking club. They consistently produce talent.

SF is currently leading the division by 3 games. With the injuries in Colorado and LA it looks like they’ll be building on that. If the offense continues to struggle but the club keeps ahead of the division maybe they bring Belt sooner to get him going with less pressure.

To cotinue some of the discussion from yesterday. Say Belt shows he can man LF. Why not shift Posey to 1b after Huff’s deal expires? Sandoval seems to be manning 3rd well. Heck, Panda has shown he can do just about anything. Maybe he could play SS (sarcasm font).

• TedSpe said, on May 25, 2011 at 11:02 am

I’m not sure why shifting Posey keeps coming up. Nothing wrong with having him play 1st once in a while to spell him and keep the bat in his hands but why shouldn’t he still be the #1 cather?

• DJLoo said, on May 25, 2011 at 11:05 am

Because he’s holding back Whitey.

7. zumarust said, on May 25, 2011 at 11:03 am

Dirt, I heard something on KNBR yesterday, during the Ralph and Tom show, that I hadn’t even thought of in regard to the Posey/catching situation. The big amount in the difference of money that Posey can make during his career as a yearly All-Star catcher vs. being a pretty good firstbaseman.

• twinfan said, on May 25, 2011 at 11:17 am

Also, he’d be an average offensive performer at first- catching (or at short), a big plus..
      Giants have Joseph and my current POTD both at SJ. Sanchez needs to be moved to Richmond.That league seems to be the benchmark. If a guy destroys it there, he should be a big league hitter.

8. twinfan said, on May 25, 2011 at 11:12 am

They’ll be even tougher when Morrison gets off the DL..
    I know his butt shape might cause some to be wary, but Buster is too good an athlete to stick at 1B. Why not look at him as a Ripken-style SS if they move him? He’d need to shed a few pounds but he can do that. He was an All-American at that position at FSU.

• DJLoo said, on May 25, 2011 at 11:48 am

Buster at SS is quite a longshot. I’d sooner look at him at 3rd (like Torre).
      Lots of options with him and Panda that might ultimately hinge on how Belt develops.

9. dirtnrocksnreno said, on May 25, 2011 at 11:36 am

Zum, I hadn’t really thought about that but it is a valid point from the player perspective.

Ted, I think the shift Posey idea keeps coming up because until Sandoval comes off the DL, Posey is the best hitter on the club. He’s getting dinged behind the dish and the sense is that will hinder his offense in the long run. My thing is we don’t really know what Posey will do offensively. Yes, he’s good and yes he burst on the scene last year but he’s struggled this year by comparison. Will he be a good player or a superstar? The year is still young though and I reserve judement until more of the season is in the books but I don’t think we’ll have a real guage of Posey until his 3rd year.

10. twinfan said, on May 25, 2011 at 12:02 pm

Panda showed signs of becoming a near GG caiber 3rd baseman before his injury. I don’t think they should dream of switching him anywhere. I can’t see Posey being an upgrade on Panda offensively or defensively.

11. xootsuit said, on May 25, 2011 at 12:30 pm

Buster’s looked like a pretty decent RH first baseman when he’s played there. The “pear shaped body” rap on him first cropped up when he was drafted. I think the same “analyst” who noted that also said his lower body looked a bit soft. When he came up last summer, he seemed pretty lean. I think I posted the link to the guy who’d called him “pear shaped,” and disowned the motherfucker. Maybe Buster’s putting on the pounds now. Anyway, his SS days are way behind him, as it were.

12. PawlieKokonuts said, on May 25, 2011 at 12:37 pm

About nine mins ago, Sergio romo tweeted this:

Gotta watch these 2 homeboys! They push black and orange! RT @eastbaywes925: the new ashkon vid http://t.co/eBlGihg

I’m a geezer, and I mad luh-hove it!

13. PawlieKokonuts said, on May 25, 2011 at 12:41 pm

SF Giants gave Ashkon and Bailey lots of access; wonder if it’s played at AT&T.

• xootsuit said, on May 25, 2011 at 12:47 pm

Kruk and Kuip and Amy G were all over Ashkon and his new tune last night. The camera spent about 5 minutes on him sitting in the stands, mugging it up. The Giants must’ve financed it.

14. DJLoo said, on May 25, 2011 at 12:41 pm

Well, Buster ain’t budging without someone ready to step in. The Yanks are supposed to be deep in upcoming catchers. Montero and one or two others. As I’ve said, Affeldt, Runzler, Nate and Casilla (now that Soriano is done) would all make sense for them. Maybe in the off-season. Probably never.

15. twinfan said, on May 25, 2011 at 12:50 pm

Maybe you guys would prefer “bottom-centric”…he has a good catcher’s body. To play any other position effectively, he’d need to attend Camp Panda and shed about 20 pounds…

16. zumarust said, on May 25, 2011 at 12:52 pm

Another amazing stat, considering the Giants have a 3-game firstplace lead so far, is that the only Giants starting pitcher with a winning record at the moment is…..yes, you guessed it- Vogelsong!

• DJLoo said, on May 25, 2011 at 1:07 pm

That is amazing. Starters combined are 14-17. Bullpen 13-3. And we have no one even clsoe to being on pace to hit 20 homers…

17. PawlieKokonuts said, on May 25, 2011 at 12:56 pm

It’s been said, and I agree: wins under this offensive formula will not continue; upgrades needed. I for one fully trust that the front office has all its cagey wheels turning.

18. DJLoo said, on May 25, 2011 at 1:01 pm

How far and fast Huff deteriorates could play into any shifting around of these guys. He just can’t seem to get on a good roll.

19. James said, on May 25, 2011 at 1:20 pm

Ross, Sandoval, and Torres collectively have fewer than 300 PAs. Assuming all 3 stay in the line up for most of the rest of the year, the offensive numbers will go up. Huff is hitting at about at the season long level he did 2 years ago, adjusting for the general downturn in offense. Still seems likely he’ll play at least as well as he did in Baltimore in 09. Posey’s SP should improve. Franchez is Franchez. Between Schierholtz, and Burrell, the composite numbers are pretty good and are certainly sustainable for the longer haul (although I wouldn’t put my money on Nate to hold them up).

20. TedSpe said, on May 25, 2011 at 1:47 pm

The cynic in me thinks of a Led Zeppelin song parody “STAIRWAY TO COOPERSTOWN” but in fact, this is quite something extraordinary

• mrmrbill said, on May 25, 2011 at 1:50 pm

I, too, was cynical, but according to other reports he did it well over a month ago and never said anything about it. It only came out through the Stow family lawyer.

• mrmrbill said, on May 25, 2011 at 1:51 pm

Barry’s not a bad chap — simply misunderstood. 😉

• James said, on May 25, 2011 at 2:07 pm

It still pains me that many years ago a GF (not even Polish) warped my Little Roger and the Goosebumps “Gilligan’s Island (Stairway)” 45.

• mrmrbill said, on May 25, 2011 at 2:09 pm

No worries, little buddy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTCYLbFxTpI

• TedSpe said, on May 25, 2011 at 2:12 pm

I don’t get the Polish reference but whatever. Do you remember their other parody FUDD ON THE HILL?

• James said, on May 25, 2011 at 2:18 pm

Yes, everything is now on YouTube or blogspot. Still bugs the shit out of me that my copy is screwed up. It’s a pretty rare piece of vinyl.

• mrmrbill said, on May 25, 2011 at 2:18 pm

The Polish reference was intended for me. http://on.fb.me/mL3FDs

• TedSpe said, on May 25, 2011 at 2:20 pm

Oh. I’ll look at it later. I’m at work and Facebook is blocked here. I remember Zeppelin threatened to sue them but I think it got dropped

• mrmrbill said, on May 25, 2011 at 2:25 pm

It’s some stuff from my trip to PL last Oct. What a country!

• mrmrbill said, on May 25, 2011 at 3:12 pm

James, the STH parody brings to mind a local group who paid homage (or poked fun) to 3 overplaye… errr… classics with a parody medley: “Stairway to Sweet Home Laylabama”

• Unca Chuck said, on May 25, 2011 at 4:08 pm

Freebird!!!

21. twinfan said, on May 25, 2011 at 1:49 pm

“Ross, Sandoval, and Torres”.. in order, OPS .904 .821 .778…you bet the numbers will go up.

22. xootsuit said, on May 25, 2011 at 1:57 pm

DJL posted this link just the other day:

What exactly does “seed funded” mean? Magic beans?

• TedSpe said, on May 25, 2011 at 2:01 pm

Well, that tempers the story I posted a touch but it’s still very generous and thoughtful of him

23. mrmrbill said, on May 25, 2011 at 3:28 pm

Yer evening LU:
    Torres CF
    Sanchez 2B
    Huff 1B
    Posey C
    Ross LF
    Shierholtz RF
    Fontenot SS
    Tejada 3B
    Bumgarner P

• zumarust said, on May 25, 2011 at 3:55 pm

Which just goes to prove none of us know how to spell Nate’s name. (grin)

• mrmrbill said, on May 25, 2011 at 4:06 pm

I copied it incorrectly from a photo of the lineup card. Haste made waste of the “c”.

• TedSpe said, on May 25, 2011 at 4:01 pm

I always have to look it up

• TedSpe said, on May 25, 2011 at 4:14 pm

Come to think of it, I always have to look up Burriss as well. I keep forgetting how many r’s and esses

24. mrmrbill said, on May 25, 2011 at 3:34 pm

Henry on Ford: “Darren Ford is still in a walking boot today. No word on his ankle MRI yet.”

• TedSpe said, on May 25, 2011 at 4:04 pm

Henry Ford?

• mrmrbill said, on May 25, 2011 at 4:09 pm

Yeah, he was a prominent American industrialist with a penchant for black paint and assembly line techniques. But that’s not important right now.

• Flavor said, on May 25, 2011 at 5:02 pm

that’s fucking funny Bill2

25. Unca Chuck said, on May 25, 2011 at 4:35 pm

LQTM . . .

He’s in the hostipal? What is is?

It’s a building full of doctors and sick people, but that’s not important right now.

• mrmrbill said, on May 25, 2011 at 4:41 pm

That movie never gets old.

• TedSpe said, on May 25, 2011 at 4:46 pm

You got a letter from headquarters this morning.
      Headquarters??!! What is it?
      It’s a big building where generals meet, but that’s not important right now

26. mrmrbill said, on May 25, 2011 at 4:48 pm

Schulman: “Ford to DL possible. Belt as replacement ‘a longshot,’ Bochy says. Giants looking for bench player from minors. MRI confirms sprained ankle for Ford.”

• Del Mar Dennis said, on May 25, 2011 at 5:31 pm

Why go with the “long shot” in Belt when we have even money favorites like Ryan Rohlinger who are hitting a buck seventy down in Fresno. I haven’t seen Ishi K in awhile, maybe they’ll bring him back up. He’s only whiffing at a 34% clip. This organization must have an aversion to scoring runs.

27. Flavor said, on May 25, 2011 at 5:23 pm

I’m not understanding this Fontenot business at all. There’s no way he’s a better defensive SS than BUrriss and that .211 batting average can’t be seen as more preferred over what BUrriss would give you at the plate. With Manny’s speed obviously a plus over FOnt’s, I’m just not getting this at all……

• Del Mar Dennis said, on May 25, 2011 at 5:44 pm

Don’t go talking bad about our former #3 hitter. Napoleon was bound to land in Waterloo eventually.
      Hey, 9 PM on TVG is “The Last Train from Bay Meadows.” Chronicles the 75-year history and final days of the racetrack. I saw the preview — set your DVR.

28. Flavor said, on May 25, 2011 at 5:30 pm

How about a clown sighting???? I thought about you today, my man.

• zumarust said, on May 25, 2011 at 5:41 pm

Surely you jest.
      “I’m serious, and stop calling me Shirley.”

29. zumarust said, on May 25, 2011 at 5:43 pm

Ya know- I anticipate the day when Belt comes back up, but I’m not drinking the excitement Kool-aid about it for a while again. I hope he works out in the long run, but I’m willing to be more patient about it now.

• Del Mar Dennis said, on May 25, 2011 at 5:46 pm

So you’d rather see Ryan Rohlinger instead of Belt? Surely you can’t be serious?

• Flavor said, on May 25, 2011 at 5:57 pm

if they aren’t going to play Belt regularly, I’d rather see Rohlinger. What’s the point in having Belt come up and sit on the bench?

30. Flavor said, on May 25, 2011 at 5:45 pm

Can any of you explain why the Merc doesn’t have an A’s blog? The Merc would cream all over themselves if the A’s moved to San Jose and yet they can’t even throw a blog at drawing attention to the team?

31. DJLoo said, on May 25, 2011 at 5:53 pm

A little bullpen appreciation. Mets knock out Cubs starter in 2nd inning. Reliever Justin Berg comes in and throws 12 pitches – all balls. Next…

32. DJLoo said, on May 25, 2011 at 5:58 pm

I’d like to see Gillaspie get a few ABs…

• Flavor said, on May 25, 2011 at 6:01 pm

actually I would too. He sucks, but at least I haven’t seen him suck yet. Rohlinger is AAA-filler all the way.
      I bet even Dirrrty Sanchez would have trouble throwing 12 straight balls without a strike or a foul ball……

• twinfan said, on May 25, 2011 at 6:16 pm

He’s been strictly a third baseman. Pablo might be back in two weeks. I doubt they would call him up for that and return him ( Gillaspie)…might be poor Rohlinger, who must know by now that he’s the YoYo..

33. twinfan said, on May 25, 2011 at 6:00 pm

It’s extemely unlikely that Font will be hitting .211. IF they thought he would be,he wouldn’t play…He did hit just .236 in 2009., other than that down year he’s hit .278 .305 and .283. He’s not a regular- from what I’ve read, he’s been simiar to Nate in that the more he plays, the worse he plays. But if you presume that his .211 stays there, then sure-go with Burriss- and play Ishikawa at first, he’d be better than Huff currently is. Back to reality- Burriss will probably start for the Fruckster tomorrow. If Ford goes on the D, could be Travis back- they need his bat of the bench and defnse. Forget his Fresno numbers.

• Del Mar Dennis said, on May 25, 2011 at 6:15 pm

Forget his Fresno numbers? What is this, selective memory? He’s striking out over a third of the time.
      Now that I think about it, he’d fit right in.

• Flavor said, on May 25, 2011 at 6:19 pm

use your “Closers should only close” argument, Dennis. Maybe Travis just can’t generate the necessary emotional drive to succeed down in AAA

34. Flavor said, on May 25, 2011 at 6:03 pm

I agree Twin, I’d rather have Ishikawa up here. He proved his worth off the bench last year.

35. Flavor said, on May 25, 2011 at 6:05 pm

Side note: huff is hitting .178 v right handed pitchers. Either he’s done or he’ll come out of this funk soon. .178. That’s insane……

36. snarkk said, on May 25, 2011 at 6:11 pm

Huff needs to hit lower in the LU unless/untill he comes out of this funk; continuing to hit him in the #3 hole is ludicrous right now…

• stixwiz said, on May 25, 2011 at 7:09 pm

Snarkk: Glad to see other Flappers are coming around on this issue. I’ve been hollering for Huff to be dropped in the lineup for weeks now. Ditto for Affeldt to be used primarily as a situational loogie and not to be starting off innings unless the game happens to be a laugher.

37. Flavor said, on May 25, 2011 at 6:16 pm

at least Fontenot isn’t there anymore. It’s too bad, all that Burriss COULD bring to the team and he’s being blocked by The Font. Unreal.

38. DJLoo said, on May 25, 2011 at 6:27 pm

Maybe the Astros would like to save a few bucks over the next year and a half and take Rowand for Carlos Lee.

39. twinfan said, on May 25, 2011 at 6:34 pm

It’s a problem that every manager deals with: is a vet with a successful track record more likely to come out of his funk. Or does the younger guy’s upside trump that track record. Looking at that with Burriss anf Fontenot, I think it’s a close call. I’m glad I don’t have to decide.

• twinfan said, on May 25, 2011 at 6:45 pm

I don’t know just how bad Burriss is supposed to be at SS. I’ve heard: real bad.

40. twinfan said, on May 25, 2011 at 6:55 pm

Someone threw this at Henry for the 2013 LU:
    2013 lineup: Brown CF, Culberson 2B, Panda 3B, Posey 1B, Belt LF, Neal RF, Sanchez C, Crawford SS
    Henry said Peguero instead of Neal.

41. DJLoo said, on May 25, 2011 at 7:02 pm

Lee has 6 HRS in 73 ABS lifetime at ATT. Pretty damn good. Interesting to note that his no trade clause expired last year. Would cost SF about $10 milion more than Rowand through 2012 when both of their contracts expire. Possibly my best yet…

• DJLoo said, on May 25, 2011 at 7:03 pm

Maybe even get Keppinger as a throw-in…

• willied said, on May 25, 2011 at 7:53 pm

or vice versa…i’d take keps for keeps (how bad is he injured, or where is he?), and rent Lee.

42. dirtnrocksnreno said, on May 25, 2011 at 7:05 pm

I’ve generally been pretty sour on Bonds but his donation to the Stow family is a class move.

43. stixwiz said, on May 25, 2011 at 7:05 pm

Now is the time for all good Flappers to repeal the Volstad Act, on a personal basis and in solidarity with a Giants victory tonight.

Andrew Volstad was a Congressman from the wheat-growing prairie counties of west-central Minnesota in the early 20th Century. Various organizations, primarily church-related and mostly comprised of the feminine gender had been agitating for years against “demon rum” and other types of alcohol. Coming from a district that had become culturally denatured due to its largely immigrant status and consequent church-dominated society, Volstad put his name to the Constitutional Amendment which banned alcohol in the U.S. To my deep chagrin, Volstad shared my primarily Norwegian ancestry. However, my county is on the edge of the Northwoods and though the religious element is fairly strong here, it is hardly purely culturally dominant.

No idea whether or not tonight’s starter for the Fish is even distantly akin to the Congressman from another era, but my salute to the FDR Administration and the Congress and state legislatures of the time has just been poured, emptying my bottle of St. Brendan’s Irish Cream. In a few minutes i shall begin sipping ~ say right around gametime. So unless you have the perfect excuse of being an ex-boozer on the wagon, i hereby invite you to join me in celebration of the Repeal of the Volstad Act.

• Flavor said, on May 25, 2011 at 7:16 pm

Yes. By all means, FUCK VOLSTAD! I’m on board Stix, I won’t rest till his name has been soiled and we raise a triumphant fist in victory……
      PAWLIE—I have watched the latest Ashkon video and I totally agree, that song is going to be a smash hit…….

44. Flavor said, on May 25, 2011 at 7:06 pm

I think Barry is known for his generosity and usually doesn’t even try to get it publicized. I’m not sure who leaked this, I don’t think it was Barry……

• DJLoo said, on May 25, 2011 at 7:10 pm

It was me…

45. twinfan said, on May 25, 2011 at 7:16 pm

“Possibly my best yet”
    I dunno, Mike Lamb was gold..

46. Flavor said, on May 25, 2011 at 7:20 pm

Carlos Lee. Come on, I’d rather have Rowand, at least he can play a little D…..

47. dirtnrocksnreno said, on May 25, 2011 at 7:22 pm

From what I have seen he only released the information as a confirmation of reports swirling. Bonds has always been generous in a quiet way and especiially good with young kids.

In other news, the San Francisco Giants rose to #2 in this weeks fox sports power rankings.

48. dirtnrocksnreno said, on May 25, 2011 at 7:23 pm

Wasn’t Wilco pimping the Lee for Rowand move a year and a half ago?

49. PawlieKokonuts said, on May 25, 2011 at 7:23 pm

Baggs just tweeted that Ishi did not play in Fresno today; shoulder hurting. Though in the previous tweet he talks of possibility of bringing Ishi up.

50. PawlieKokonuts said, on May 25, 2011 at 7:25 pm

Magnus, just got a tweet from someone whose tweets I follow from SF; he is at the game w/ 154 people or something like that. So I told him to look for Ted, representative of Flapper Nation, in his Nautica suit. hahahahaha

51. stixwiz said, on May 25, 2011 at 7:39 pm

True, there isn’t a helluva lot to choose from on the present roster, but generally managers place their best overall hitter in the 3-hole. Aubrey K’s again. He should bat something like 7th till he starts to pick it up again. If he hasn’t got it together by the time Pablo returns, maybe he should ride a bit of pine for awhile.

52. dirtnrocksnreno said, on May 25, 2011 at 7:43 pm

It seems like SF initially was just hoping for the best during Sandoval’s DL stint and they’ve obviously done well. I imagine he’ll be in the 3 hole pretty quick once he comes back.

53. dirtnrocksnreno said, on May 25, 2011 at 7:44 pm

Ross going yard.

54. twinfan said, on May 25, 2011 at 7:44 pm

Well, based on his history, we can look for a big 2012 from Aubrey. Maybe he’d go for sitting it out ’til then…

55. dirtnrocksnreno said, on May 25, 2011 at 7:46 pm

So close.

• twinfan said, on May 25, 2011 at 7:47 pm

You wuz robbed.

56. dirtnrocksnreno said, on May 25, 2011 at 7:52 pm

HAHA, no kidding Twin. I missed the top of the 1st but Bumgarner kind of all over early eh?

57. stixwiz said, on May 25, 2011 at 8:03 pm

Madison settled in nicely in that third against some pretty tough hitters. Like the way he escaped the predicament. Good job.

58. zumarust said, on May 25, 2011 at 8:03 pm

I flipped over to the Rockies game for a moment, and saw Chris Young of the D-Backs rob a Rockies player of a homerun over the centerfield fence. Great catch. D-Backs still lead 2-1.

59. Del Mar Dennis said, on May 25, 2011 at 8:10 pm

We’ll take the gift. WTF was Fruckie doing? And Huff needs to sit the fuck down. Useless.

60. Bozo said, on May 25, 2011 at 8:10 pm

Now that’s a productive out.

• Del Mar Dennis said, on May 25, 2011 at 8:12 pm

Good to see you’re OK. Can you play any first base? I’ll supply ya with a pretty thing.

• Bozo said, on May 25, 2011 at 8:23 pm

The houses got tagged today for worse case scenario. We think Green means good access, start here, orange limited access, your next, Red, we’ll fucking think about you after we finish this six pack. We got orange and I’m thinking about adding a black ribbon to it.
        I’m 56 and right now, drinking some Jack and Ginger, so first would work best for me coach, send me in.

61. twinfan said, on May 25, 2011 at 8:14 pm

It’s close, but Fruckie may be a dumber baserunner than Velez.

62. Bozo said, on May 25, 2011 at 8:16 pm

Steve/Blade – Thanks for the rain chant (I might break out the tambourine tonight).
    Flav – Thanks for making it POTD.

Gooooooo Giants

63. zumarust said, on May 25, 2011 at 8:16 pm

2-out in the ninth. Giambi vs. Putz.

64. zumarust said, on May 25, 2011 at 8:17 pm

Giambi flies out to center. D-Backs defeat the Rockies.

65. willied said, on May 25, 2011 at 8:17 pm

FYI, according to CBS sports site, Keppinger about to come off the DL from foot surgery that has sidelined him all year.

66. willied said, on May 25, 2011 at 8:22 pm

Nate always seems to put up an 0-fer every time Bochy gives him a start or two…0-6 last two nights combined.
    Was Font limping as he crossed the bag?

67. GusO said, on May 25, 2011 at 8:22 pm

I dont think you need to woory about the rockies anymore.

68. Del Mar Dennis said, on May 25, 2011 at 8:26 pm

I guess that just made Bochy’s decision on the Font/Burriss question a whole helluva lot easier.

69. twinfan said, on May 25, 2011 at 8:26 pm

Never did have to.

• twinfan said, on May 25, 2011 at 8:27 pm

Worry about the Rocks, that is.

70. twinfan said, on May 25, 2011 at 8:32 pm

That play alone could get Rohlinger the call

71. Del Mar Dennis said, on May 25, 2011 at 8:33 pm

Do we really wanna see Burriss at short? Gotta make that fucking play. I’d have Reyes here by tomorrow.

72. zumarust said, on May 25, 2011 at 8:38 pm

This week I started reading Howard Bryant’s biography of Hank Aaron, published last year. Great book.

73. twinfan said, on May 25, 2011 at 8:39 pm

Maybe Rohlinger will dress like him, Dennis. Anybody think they’ll roll the dice on Crawford? .296 in 54 AB at San Jose 2 HR .897 OPS

74. PawlieKokonuts said, on May 25, 2011 at 8:44 pm

Font: left groin strain — for real, Snarkk

75. twinfan said, on May 25, 2011 at 8:46 pm

Huff is so due…

• Del Mar Dennis said, on May 25, 2011 at 8:49 pm

So’s Jesus. Maybe we should ask Harold Camping when Huff is due…

• twinfan said, on May 25, 2011 at 8:51 pm

Still is. Right now they have 4 first basemen at Fresno who would be better: Belt, Ishi, Pill, Eldred…he’s given zero indication he’ll lay off the “Bowser”..

• DJLoo said, on May 25, 2011 at 9:17 pm

They have McCovey in the park, too….