A Place To Talk About Giants Baseball

The Dragon Warrior Comes Through Again

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on June 23, 2011

I’ve run out of words to describe my man-love for Ryan Vogelsong. His ERA sits at 1.86. He’s 2 innings away from qualifying for being the league leader in ERA (Jurrgens is next at 2.11 followed by Tommy Hanson at 2.48). Trip on that, he’s more than half a run AHEAD of the dude in 3rd place. His stat lines actually remind me a lot of Billy Swift’s time spent here in SF (low ERA, low WHIP, low SO total)…..

No comment about the offense. Nice night for Whitey but when he’s the dude driving in your runs you are not going to win too many games. Way too many guys still not driving the ball…….

The Flap Fantasy Baseball Standings

(Pawlie dominates as I close in on him and The Bombers cut it to single digits on Dirt…)

1. DJLoo said, on June 23, 2011 at 8:23 am

4th Race @ Belmont today: Our Eli

• Del Mar Dennis said, on June 23, 2011 at 9:00 am

The 3 horse is Le Freak. The 4 is Take a Walk. Add NO Whitey to the mix and you got yourself a Giants trifecta.

2. gianthead said, on June 23, 2011 at 8:26 am

Hit the 80 mark a week early!!!! How about Vogelsong helping me get 3 wins yesterday, 1.66 ERA and sub 1 WHIP…I begin the march to 90!

3. Rough Trade said, on June 23, 2011 at 8:43 am

Vogel would have to be a landslide winner of the Willie Mac.
    Give Whiteside some credit, too. See the reaction of his teammates when he got the RBI’s?
    He’s hung in there in a trying situation for a backup and I’m sure everyone is pulling for him. Supposedly fighting off an injury and fatigue from suddenly catching everyday, he’s giving it his all. Unless they can steal someone better away (highly unlikely), he’s going to have to be the guy unless Hector Sanchez is ready to make the jump.

• That's *mr* mrbill to you! said, on June 23, 2011 at 9:01 am

Speaking of Hector: “Zito said he would be comfortable throwing to Sanchez in a major-league game, an opinion that might carry significant weight as the front office decides whether to give the kid a shot.” http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/06/22/SP6I1K1EVK.DTL

• SanDawg said, on June 23, 2011 at 9:41 am

Great post, RT. It really comes across that the guys love Whitey. What a long, strange, trip that guy has been on. They often mention on the broadcasts that he was mostly a backup even in the minors. Against all odds he ends up with a ring on his finger and now he’s the starter for the defending champs catching for an awesome staff.

4. twinfan1 said, on June 23, 2011 at 9:14 am

Getting contributions from Whitey or anybdy else is good. So is 5 runs.
    Note to Snarkkles: You said:” 3 RBIs = 1 more run than the Gints usually score in a game.”
    You didn’t say ” lately”, nor “last five games..”.Your statement is unambiguous, and as is often the case-a fabrication…

• snarkk said, on June 23, 2011 at 9:29 am

Whatever, dude.
      Truck on with your usual, uh, average, morning vituperations, if you must.
      I suggest Tai Chi instead…

• Nipper said, on June 23, 2011 at 9:53 am

Zeke is growling too.

5. Kevin said, on June 23, 2011 at 9:23 am

Great win, Vogel has the lowest ERA in all of baseball!! Does anyone know a pitcher named Zito?? Zito who??

6. Kevin said, on June 23, 2011 at 9:25 am

Now the question is with the trade deline coming on will/should the Giants use Vogel in a trade to get a catcher. We all know the Zito and his money are not what teams are looking for. How do the Giants evaluate Zito to see if trading Vogel is an option??

• zumie said, on June 23, 2011 at 9:39 am

I don’t think the Giants will trade any of the starting pitchers. They’ll just have to be creative in how they use Zito. If Zito pitches well, then maybe give the 6-man rotation a look for a while. Timmy hasn’t been exactly great lately, and maybe an extra day of rest will be nice for the pitchers, given how much they pitched in the post-season last year. Just a thought.

• Del Mar Dennis said, on June 23, 2011 at 9:46 am

A 6-man rotation is totally asinine. But I’m sure if the Giants implement it, you’ll think it’s the next best thing since sliced bread.

• That's *mr* mrbill to you! said, on June 23, 2011 at 9:54 am

We’ll probably see a bit of 6-man, but I’ll bet it’s short-lived. Zito spurts improvement sporadically much like the 1am crowd at a Tenderloin strip joint. Any hopes of longevity are just wishful thinking.

• That's *mr* mrbill to you! said, on June 23, 2011 at 9:42 am

Vogel’s the only SP excelling at his job with unparalleled consistency at this moment. Why would the FO consider any trade at all involving him?

7. twinfan1 said, on June 23, 2011 at 9:40 am

Vogelsong’s value here is way more than it is on the market. And they’d be fools to trade a starting pitcher.

8. xootsuit said, on June 23, 2011 at 9:56 am

I’m getting interested in the 6-man rotation idea. Every starter but Vogelsong has been erratic, to one degree or another. Bum took that route to an unforeseen apogee, of course. But Lincecum, Cain and Sanchez — in that order — have had their problems. Hangover from the deep post-season work? Who knows. But why not give them an extra day to rest, to work out, to get ready, and see what happens.

As to the notion of trading Vogelsong mid-season — wtf do you think our GM is, Beane?

• Kevin said, on June 23, 2011 at 10:15 am

Hey, I was just asking you guys for your opinion, I was not suggesting that it would/could be done. Zito makes a lot of money to pitch once a month or once every other month, however they decide to use him.

9. Del Mar Dennis said, on June 23, 2011 at 9:56 am

Timmy needs to get his shit in gear today. In his L3 starts, he has an ERA just a shade under 8 and a WHIP approaching 2.
    I’m sick and tired of his shit. Start pulling your weight, Hamburger Boy.

• Nipper said, on June 23, 2011 at 10:11 am

Yes sir!.

10. Del Mar Dennis said, on June 23, 2011 at 10:01 am

6-man rotation? 13-man pitching staff? Do you people hear yourself? Jesus H. Christ. Wake the fuck up.

• xootsuit said, on June 23, 2011 at 10:06 am

Yeah, I see what you mean. We sure can’t sacrifice any of those offensive powerhouses on the bench. Crawford? Fucking ROY candidate, right? And pitching’s not all that important to this team. Yeah. Wtf was I thinking?

• Nipper said, on June 23, 2011 at 10:14 am

Unhappy? Grab a brew.

11. Unca Chuck said, on June 23, 2011 at 10:13 am

I for one won’t miss Burriss if that’s who goes to fit this 13 man rotation.

The deal is, though, this 6 man rotation lasts for one turn. The double-header. Someone will go down wth an arm injury. Mota sure helped himself the other day going 4.2 innings in relief of Bummie.

• xootsuit said, on June 23, 2011 at 10:19 am

If no one goes down with an arm injury, the 6-man ro could roll on until someone actually does have some arm trouble.

• Del Mar Dennis said, on June 23, 2011 at 10:24 am

So you’re another one who’s going to accept a 6-man rotation and 13-man staff?
      I guess so coming from the same guy who’s also going to accept A*** S**** as the 49er QB this year. What in the world was I thinking?

• Unca Chuck said, on June 23, 2011 at 10:27 am

Still and all, with the all star break coming up, there’s no real reason to do this. I’m sure the pitchers don’t want this. It’s not like these guys are giving up a ton of runs. Bummie had one bad start. Timmy’s been erratic, and so has Sanchez. But, like the hitting, you don’t pitch your way out of a slump by sitting an extra day.

12. Unca Chuck said, on June 23, 2011 at 10:22 am

To further that though, I thoght Mota would be a prime candidate for a mysterious injury (and Bubbles taking his spot), but he was nails going 4.2 the other day.

13. Del Mar Dennis said, on June 23, 2011 at 10:26 am

So when Bochy can’t PH for the P because of his thin bench, don’t come a bitching and a moaning to me.
    Fucking asinine!

14. dirtnrocksnreno said, on June 23, 2011 at 10:29 am

Kevin, I think Sabean needs to decide between V and Sanchez. Which can hold the spot until potentially Wheeler arrives in a year or two. Like you said they’re stuck with Zito. The club needs sticks somehow and more balance not just this year but going forward.

15. Unca Chuck said, on June 23, 2011 at 10:30 am

It’s not like the Giants are DFAing Mike Schmidt (or even Mike Sweeney) to get an extra pitcher in there, Dennis.

It’s Punch ‘n’ Judy du jour. . . Burriss? Stewart? NO Whitey? Pat the Invisible Bat?

• Del Mar Dennis said, on June 23, 2011 at 10:39 am

And just what does the 6th starter do the other 5 days? That’s right, absolutely nothing. You telling me that a guy like Ford who could come off the bench everyday of the week and win you some games isn’t more valuable than the guy charting pitches? Asinine.

• zumie said, on June 23, 2011 at 10:48 am

Sabean and Bochy have done an excellent job with the pitchers the last several years. I don’t hold Sabean accountable for the Zito signing. That signing was as much a marketing manuever as anything, and has MacGowan’s and Baer’s fingerprints all over it.
        MacGowan took the fall for that.
        Sabean and Bochy know what’s best for the pitchers a heck of a lot more than we do. There may be some concern about the total innings, counting the playoffs last year.

• Unca Chuck said, on June 23, 2011 at 11:36 am

Like I said Dennis. It lasts ONE turn through the rotation, and since it falls on a double-header, it doesn’t CHANGE the rotation one bit. I don’t think they carry 13 pitchers through tha all star break. When Belt or Font get healthy, they’ll move back to 12 pitchers.

16. twinfan1 said, on June 23, 2011 at 10:44 am

Every pitcher on the team is better than Zito in their assigned roles.My man on the ground reports on Sabean’s reaction to Zito’s performance last night:
    “Fuck Piss Shit”

17. twinfan1 said, on June 23, 2011 at 10:45 am

Rowand CF, Hall 2B, Huff 1B, Ross RF, Sandoval 3B, Burrell LF, Tejada SS, Stewart C, Lincecum P

18. Del Mar Dennis said, on June 23, 2011 at 10:46 am

CF Rowand
    2B Hall
    1B Huff
    RF Ross
    3B Pablo
    LF Bat
    SS Tejada
    .C Stewart
    .P Timmy

19. TedSpe said, on June 23, 2011 at 11:07 am

Aaaaand:
    Rowand CF ( Who’s ABs always makes me feel like taking a dump)
    Hall 2B ( evokes the confidence of having my moronic Aunt playing FAMILY FEUD with me)
    Huff 1B (The gay ‘stache and beard is getting a little old)
    Ross RF (May he be grateful for the Rodeo Clown experience, Career backup)
    Sandoval 3B (Just a salad and a diet Coke and off to bed)
    Burrell LF (For some reason, chicks dig him. Being straight?…Don’t see it)
    Tejada SS (“Has anyone seen my Ovaltine?”)
    Stewart C (I wish my brother George was here”

Lincecum P (“Dave’s not here”)

• TedSpe said, on June 23, 2011 at 11:08 am

Dennis…your thoughts?

• Del Mar Dennis said, on June 23, 2011 at 11:20 am

“My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives. “

• TedSpe said, on June 23, 2011 at 12:06 pm

Ditto!

• Unca Chuck said, on June 23, 2011 at 12:20 pm

Echo echo echo . . .

20. Flavor said, on June 23, 2011 at 11:11 am

I love how Twin and Denny do battle each day on who can get the LU posted, lol
    Something has to be wrong with Torres. He’s been horrible in June. He really wasn’t much better in May. Maybe he came back from his injury too soon? I know Rowand has hit lefties well this year but he’s been just about as bad as Torres has at the plate (2 for his last 17). Anyway, unless he turns it around I think last year might end up being his career year. At least he got paid, good for him……..

21. Del Mar Dennis said, on June 23, 2011 at 11:16 am

Aaron Rowand (.382) and Aubrey Huff (.355) rank 1st and 2nd, respectively, in National League for batting average against left-handed pitchers. Conversely, Rowand is hitting .181 versus right-handed pitching; Huff is hitting .203 versus right-handed pitching.

Gee, I’m not a ML manager or anything, but even I could figure out when and when not to play these guys.

22. snarkk said, on June 23, 2011 at 11:19 am

A 13 man rotation for the doubleheader, etc., sure. But, Chuck is right. Somebody’s going to get a sore arm and go DL to allow The Contract back onto the roster from his 5 month spring training. The team can’t score with 12 pitchers, let alone give up a batter spot and its LU flexibility for a baker’s dozen of hurlers…

23. Unca Chuck said, on June 23, 2011 at 11:43 am

My feelings exactly Flav. Torres’ absense speaks loud. Bochy said yesterday that he was pressing, and left it at that. It’s got to be something more, I’d think.

Rowand is not exactly tearing it up (9/40, .225, 1 HR, 2 RBIs) in his last 11 games.

• Rough Trade said, on June 23, 2011 at 12:16 pm

It’s not a big mystery. Torres is batting .091 against lefties and hitting .188 over the last month. Even his OBP is down to .309. If you’re going to rest him, makes sense to do it when a LH starter is going.

Hopefully Yungo can rebound like last yr, when he had an awful June and a great July.

• Rough Trade said, on June 23, 2011 at 12:17 pm

*should clarify it’s.309 during the last 28 days.

• Unca Chuck said, on June 23, 2011 at 12:29 pm

Too lazy to look to see who was pitching for Minn. today. Yeah, that makes sense . . .

24. Kevin said, on June 23, 2011 at 12:25 pm

I don’t see anyone here jumping on the Nowhitey bandwagon after last nights offensive explosion from him. Dennis what is wrong with you?? I see you are still not accepting the A***S*** QB bandwagon!! Come on Dennis…learn it, live it, love it. A. Smith will be your savior!!

• Del Mar Dennis said, on June 23, 2011 at 12:30 pm

Bandwagon? Shit. You could fit his entire fan club (you) on one of these…

• Kevin said, on June 23, 2011 at 12:57 pm

LMAO, thanks Dennis. I knew you would bring me back to reality!!

25. Del Mar Dennis said, on June 23, 2011 at 12:26 pm

Pat the Bat will go yard today. I guaran-damn-tee it.

26. Kevin said, on June 23, 2011 at 12:28 pm

So we have Pat the no bat, and Miguel I know I can play like I did when I was 25 in the lineup!! Nice

27. Unca Chuck said, on June 23, 2011 at 12:34 pm

They may not say anything, but 2 errors and 3-33 (an .090 clip) in his last 10 games is flatlining fro Crawford.

Which means Miggy gets the nod . . . At least he’s a decent .263 in the last 10 . . .

• Del Mar Dennis said, on June 23, 2011 at 12:42 pm

In his last 7, he’s hitting .143. Is that still “decent?”

• Del Mar Dennis said, on June 23, 2011 at 12:44 pm

Sorry, that’s last 7 DAYS. Where he’s gone 1-7 (.143) I wouldn’t want to make Miggy sound any worse than he already is.
        If that’s even humanly possible…

28. Del Mar Dennis said, on June 23, 2011 at 12:48 pm

Miggy has ONE (1) RBI this entire month of June in 51 ABs.
    But we don’t need a shortstop…

29. eddacker said, on June 23, 2011 at 12:53 pm

nice contact by Aaron, game is in the bag.

• Del Mar Dennis said, on June 23, 2011 at 12:57 pm

Hey, Ed, did you already blow all of your winnings from NIGHT TIDE? With the $3.40 he paid over here in the states, I couldn’t even afford a bag of cat litter.

• eddacker said, on June 23, 2011 at 1:06 pm

hey, I got enough for family night at KFC.
        Blindfolded, baby, I’ll follow you off the coaster in Vegas.

30. SanDawg said, on June 23, 2011 at 12:57 pm

In a macabre sort of way, I want to see Tejada get 450 AB’s this year just to see how exactly how awful of a full year he is able to put together.

• Kevin said, on June 23, 2011 at 1:02 pm

Glutten for punishment aren’t you.

31. Bozo said, on June 23, 2011 at 12:59 pm

Went to a day game at the Stick with Swifty Bill on the hill. Grabbed a beer and settled into an upper box seat. Being by myself I did some game watching and some hellloo ladies watching. Just finished my first beer and after a bit I looked up at the score board to see it was two outs in the top of the seventh. What the hell? Ran down to get another beer before they cut off sales. Man did that game go quick, we won and I think the total time of the game was something like two hours and fifteen minutes.

• eddacker said, on June 23, 2011 at 1:13 pm

musta been lot a helloo-ing goin on.

32. Del Mar Dennis said, on June 23, 2011 at 1:08 pm

Cody Ross didn’t run out that pop fly? That ended up being a tough chance. Came back into fair ground and coulda dropped.
    Asshole. I still wanna see that sucker plunked for flipping his bat vs the Horse.

33. Unca Chuck said, on June 23, 2011 at 1:11 pm

There you go, Dennis. Miggy just doubled his RBI total.

• Unca Chuck said, on June 23, 2011 at 1:12 pm

For the month . . .

• Del Mar Dennis said, on June 23, 2011 at 1:16 pm

I’m surprised they conceded the run. If Gardy plays the infield in, that’s right to the SS. No runs scored.
        Thanks for the gift.

34. eddacker said, on June 23, 2011 at 1:12 pm

I shure luv da way Panda run, he runnin real nicely.

35. eddacker said, on June 23, 2011 at 1:15 pm

Seabiscuit be sinkin’
    flame on freak
    dangle timmeh

36. Unca Chuck said, on June 23, 2011 at 1:18 pm

Horrendous call there. Not even close . . .

37. Unca Chuck said, on June 23, 2011 at 1:19 pm

Bullshit, Kruk. The ump is 2 feet away. Listen for the ball, watch the foot.

38. eddacker said, on June 23, 2011 at 1:19 pm

The giants have thrown twice as many pitches as the other team. they should trade this guy for a bat.

39. twinfan1 said, on June 23, 2011 at 1:20 pm

“I love how Twin and Denny do battle each day on who can get the LU posted, lol’
    Here’s thescoop on that- I always had the LU even before Baggs did. So one day Doomin’ Denny asked me how I got it so fast, and I gave him the website.
    After that the fuckhead posted the LU the SECOND it went up. It had been a small pleasure for me and even after I told him that, Denny would race to make sure he got it up first. It’s actually a petty fuckshit
    crappy thing he does. Anyway, I don’t try to beat anyone, I post it if it hasn’t been posted, like I always have .”LOL”

40. Unca Chuck said, on June 23, 2011 at 1:20 pm

Well, there you go. Nice jiob by Stewart AND Timmy and Hall . . .

41. Del Mar Dennis said, on June 23, 2011 at 1:20 pm

Stewie! He threw ’em out twice.

42. Del Mar Dennis said, on June 23, 2011 at 1:27 pm

Jim Riggleman resigned as manager of the Nationals today. I thought he was gonna be on Bochy’s All-Star coaching staff?
    Hey, Boch, I’m available that night.

43. SanDawg said, on June 23, 2011 at 1:28 pm

Don McMahon

44. DJLoo said, on June 23, 2011 at 1:29 pm

Burba?

45. Unca Chuck said, on June 23, 2011 at 1:34 pm

Joe Nathan . . .

• Unca Chuck said, on June 23, 2011 at 1:36 pm

And I answered that before they said the answer . . .

• DJLoo said, on June 23, 2011 at 1:38 pm

I never doubted that, Chuck.

46. Unca Chuck said, on June 23, 2011 at 1:34 pm

Timmy seems to be concentrating better today.

47. Unca Chuck said, on June 23, 2011 at 1:36 pm

Someone needs to run into one . . .

Panda?

48. Unca Chuck said, on June 23, 2011 at 1:37 pm

Yeeesh . . .

49. stixwiz said, on June 23, 2011 at 1:46 pm

Three steps on the road to Timmy’s recovery with those 3 circle K’s. Vast improvement over his last outing ~ so far, anyway. Five shutout innings and soon on the Splash they will start comparing him with the Little Birdie that Could.

50. Bozo said, on June 23, 2011 at 1:59 pm

Come on Hall, two out hitter now.

• Del Mar Dennis said, on June 23, 2011 at 2:02 pm

I’d rather have Monte Hall and what’s behind curtain #3.

51. Del Mar Dennis said, on June 23, 2011 at 2:22 pm

Timmy is “back on the beam” as Flav is wont to say. His stuff has been downright filthy. Great movement on all of his pitches today.
    Chalk up another one. That makes 11. Filthy.

52. TedSpe said, on June 23, 2011 at 2:25 pm

test

53. Del Mar Dennis said, on June 23, 2011 at 2:26 pm

WTF didn’t Timmy go after that ball? I HATE that they instruct pitchers to get out of the way on pop ups. Asinine.
    I guess he wanted another K. 12. Filthy.

54. DJLoo said, on June 23, 2011 at 2:36 pm

Blind Fuck!

• Del Mar Dennis said, on June 23, 2011 at 2:40 pm

Good name for the progeny if Blind Luck is ever bred to a sire named Umpire.

• DJLoo said, on June 23, 2011 at 2:55 pm

Great!

55. TedSpe said, on June 23, 2011 at 2:36 pm

Nice fucking call

56. DJLoo said, on June 23, 2011 at 2:37 pm

This umpiring crew has fuckin’ cataracts…

57. stixwiz said, on June 23, 2011 at 2:39 pm

Disagree with Bochy’s decision there. Nate should have batted for Stewart and if he got on then Whitey could have hit for Timmy. Stewart has been pretty much dead-meat at the plate.

• twinfan1 said, on June 23, 2011 at 4:42 pm

If you’re pinchg hitting Whitey for anybody you have no standing to be questioning Bochy.

58. eddacker said, on June 23, 2011 at 2:41 pm

Wadda game, tension not torture
    yet
    roahand for the HOTG get Lincecum that W

59. Del Mar Dennis said, on June 23, 2011 at 2:43 pm

Did anyone else think that Tejada was and should have gone on that ball? Both he and Burriss had terrible jumps off third.

60. Flavor said, on June 23, 2011 at 2:45 pm

Hey Ted—About 3 weeks ago I banned the word that starts with a G and ends with a Z. Sorry if you didn’t know. you went into my spam filter.

• TedSpe said, on June 23, 2011 at 2:54 pm

No problem. I was just surprised to see a balldude with the actual name. Thanks for the head’s up, though

• Unca Chuck said, on June 23, 2011 at 3:00 pm

(Amy) Gutierrez?

61. Bozo said, on June 23, 2011 at 2:46 pm

Crap.

62. eddacker said, on June 23, 2011 at 2:47 pm

ted went in my spam filter once . . . once

• Del Mar Dennis said, on June 23, 2011 at 2:49 pm

😛

63. stixwiz said, on June 23, 2011 at 2:51 pm

After double flubs with ducks cramming the pond, Sabean’s scrap-heap pickup is gonna hafta start haulin ass pretty damn soon. Would have liked to have seen Lil Lord Fontenot in those situations. Hope he’s back soonest.

• Bozo said, on June 23, 2011 at 2:56 pm

Yeah, we got Garkoed in that inning stix

• twinfan1 said, on June 23, 2011 at 4:44 pm

Hall? Both were hard hit balls..

64. DJLoo said, on June 23, 2011 at 2:56 pm

Yahoo!

65. TedSpe said, on June 23, 2011 at 2:57 pm

Phew. A little insurance there

66. Bozo said, on June 23, 2011 at 2:57 pm

Now we’re clownin.

67. Unca Chuck said, on June 23, 2011 at 2:59 pm

Is Ross hurt? He slid about 30′ short of 2nd

• DJLoo said, on June 23, 2011 at 3:05 pm

Nah, he just misjudged the distance.

68. Unca Chuck said, on June 23, 2011 at 3:04 pm

Gimme a fucking break . . .

69. eddacker said, on June 23, 2011 at 3:04 pm

I hope FH is watching this game

70. eddacker said, on June 23, 2011 at 3:05 pm

OK, it is torture now

71. Del Mar Dennis said, on June 23, 2011 at 3:05 pm

Are you fucking kidding me? Remember, Wilson did not have to pitch last night. It was a NON-save situation.
    He best not blow this shit.

• twinfan1 said, on June 23, 2011 at 4:50 pm

Being wrong: a Doomin’ Dennty tradition.

72. DJLoo said, on June 23, 2011 at 3:05 pm

What can we give the Twins to leave Cuddyer behind?

• willieD said, on June 23, 2011 at 5:20 pm

Yeah. I was pissed when I saw they re-signed him off season ago. Might still be dealt, tho.

73. Unca Chuck said, on June 23, 2011 at 3:09 pm

Throw the fucking ball!!!!!!!

74. Bozo said, on June 23, 2011 at 3:09 pm

WOW

75. Del Mar Dennis said, on June 23, 2011 at 3:10 pm

Pablo is a fucking idiot! Somebody teach that dumb motherfucker to THROW THE BALL TO FIRST BASE.