A Place To Talk About Giants Baseball

Nearing Rock Bottom, Will Dirrrrty Head to the Bullpen?

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on June 25, 2011

I know it won’t happen right away since they need him to pitch in one of the extra games added next week, but Bochy made it clear that Zito replacing Sanchez in the rotation would be a distinct possibility. It actually seems like a no-brainer to me. Dirrrrty has been awful this year. When you lead the league in walks allowed there’s really no way you’re going to be able to pitch deep into a game consistently. He’s wearing on the bullpen and the defense who has to stand out there motionless as he continues to offer free passes to the hitters. Ironically, he’s been a lot like Zito–a guy who you hold your breath with every time he takes the mound….

But there is precedent for some hope right now. Someone here will correct me if I’m wrong, but didn’t Dirrrrrty turn his 2009 season around when it was at it’s lowest? I can’t remember if he was yanked from the rotation or if he had just been pitching poorly, but his no-hitter v the Padres was a turning point for him in his career. He might have had a good start before that, too. I’ll let you all remind me of the details…..

But right now feels a lot like it did back then—-he was at his lowest and then……boom. He took off like a rocket ship……

Watching Jonathan’s body language, it’s obvious that he’s got a lot going on in his head. Honestly, he never really looks happy to me. I’m sure he’s spending all his emotional energy on trying to figure this out. It’s just not happening for him right now. But I do believe in him and I have faith that he will rebound in a way similar to the way he did in the Summer of 2009. One of my favorite blog moments of that season was immediately after the no-hitter when Mr DJ Loo re-posted a collection of posts that many of us had recently made about Dirrrrty–obviously all negative.

All I know for certain is that Zito is coming back. He will be returning to games with his usual inglorious aura of negativity and failure. Hopefully, it will last just long enough for Jonathan to get his confidence back. Be careful what you write about him during this down time in his career–it will come back to haunt you later. 🙂

The Flap Fantasy Baseball League Standings

(Pawlie continues with his beatdown and surges to a 10 point lead while Ferretball tries to right her rudderless ship)

1. Del Mar Dennis said, on June 25, 2011 at 8:12 am

Sanchez might be headed to the pen? Shouldn’t you be a little more specific like, “Sanchez might be headed to the NY Mets bullpen?”

2. Flavor said, on June 25, 2011 at 8:14 am

He’s not getting traded. You don’t trade a guy when his value is near it’s lowest…..

3. xootsuit said, on June 25, 2011 at 8:20 am

Of course Sanchez was down in the BP in 2009 before his no hitter. His arm was tired, his control was shot. He lost his spot in the rotation (pretty early in the season, too). Then his father flew up from Puerto Rico to support him as he got another shot at starting.

We all remember that game. I missed part of it because my kid’s all star team was busy winning a game out in Concord. But we listened on the drive home, and got to the tv in time to see Rowand’s catch. For the remaining details and emotion, I pretty much relied on the posters here. Great night. He’ll be back.

4. Flavor said, on June 25, 2011 at 8:28 am

I just looked it up. He got yanked from the rotation after his June 22nd start v Oakland. On June 28th he pitched a stellar inning of relief, striking out the side. July 3rd he pitched 2 innings of shut out relief. And then, I can’t remember the reason, he got the July 10th start v SD.

5. TedSpe said, on June 25, 2011 at 8:49 am

test

• The Orb of Wisdom said, on June 25, 2011 at 9:17 am

I didn’t know if my girlfriend was ticklish so I gave her a test tickle.

6. stixwiz said, on June 25, 2011 at 9:02 am

Flav: You are quite correct about Giants upper management not wanting to trade Sanchez at this point. However, were i the G.M. of some team in hot and heavy contention but a bit short on quality starters this could be exactly where i’d be tempted to swoop in with a tempting offer.

The guy is essentially unhittable with his drrrrty stuff. He gets his head squared away and he could dominate for years to come. Some team like Detroit, for example, with lumber all over the place, but a bit of a gaping maw in SPs once you get past Verlander, may be watching closely should he start against the Tigers next week. With the Zito appearance and Bochy’s rotation adjustment, something like that is a possibility.

7. The Orb of Wisdom said, on June 25, 2011 at 9:21 am

I don’t think we should be so quick to pull the trade card on Dirrrty. We all know he can pitch and there is always Casilla to bail him out.
    I do think we should be with Sabean like the Fox sports writer said yesterday:
    “The pitching is great. The hitting is not. There is considerable interest in whether Brian Sabean intends to remedy the imbalance.
    Yes, it’s summer again in San Francisco.”

8. Rough Trade said, on June 25, 2011 at 9:45 am

They won’t trade him for a guy who will be a FA, ie: Reyes. (The Mets also just rid themselves of another troubled lefty in Perez). Don’t know who Detroit has to spare, but most teams are looking to add offense. Unless it’s a bad contract, I think the best offer they would get is one involving prospects. I just don’t see it happening.
    Their best shot in the postseason is still dominant SP from both sides.

9. SanDawg said, on June 25, 2011 at 9:58 am

Good take on Sanchez. I’ve still got Denny’s trade proposal of Sanchez for Reyes straight up bouncing around my head. The Mets probably wouldn’t do it, fearing Sanchez would be Oliver Perez Part Deux, but I think it is a pretty even deal. We rent Reyes for half of a year and go all in for the repeat. I’d do it. the division is ripe for the taking and we have a Crater Lake-sized hole at shortstop AND in the batting order.
    I almost went to the Sanchez no-hitter. I was in SF with the kids, but we needed to get back to San Diego the next day. We were either going to go the game and have a major drive the next day, or split the drive into 2 reasonable chunks. We opted to spend the night in Fresno. We were actually at a Fresno Giants game with when they kept updating the crowd on the no hitter.
    Maybe Sanchez and Zito should share the #2 spot in the rotation. They’re both good for about 4.5 innings a shot. Just have one of ’em start the game and the other relieve. It would be good for us fans too, dealing with the frustration of watching those guys pitch all in one day.

10. zumie said, on June 25, 2011 at 10:00 am

The NL West gave a good account of itself last night. A division that has been maligned in the baseball world recently. The division may be finding its mojo. Maybe the West can put itself back into the Wild Card conversation. It just could be possible, if Atlanta doesn’t run away with it.

• Del Mar Dennis said, on June 25, 2011 at 10:08 am

It’s not even the Fourth of July, and you’re talkin’ Wild Card. For all things that baseball holds sacred, please stop.

• zumie said, on June 25, 2011 at 10:17 am

I was impressed with how Colorado went into Yankee Stadium last night and took care of the Yankees. As much as I want the Rockies to lose games, there’s a part of me that felt some pride in an NL West team going into the heart of East Coast bias, and showing again why the NL West has the World Series championship team. NL West baseball is quality, hard-nosed, winning baseball.

• Del Mar Dennis said, on June 25, 2011 at 10:28 am

I wholeheartedly agree. I think the NL West has received an unfair bad rap. I’ve been saying all along I think the Snakes are pretty damn good. Unfortunately, and unlike others, I think they’re in it for the long haul…

11. Sierra Nevada said, on June 25, 2011 at 10:19 am

Casilla as player of the game? Thats pretty goofy. Casilla comes up big once, Torres comes up big more than once, including a home run that gets the giants up off the mat. No-brainer.

To put it in context, imagine if Casilla had pitched several innings, and gotten several huge outs, and Torres had made one great catch to end an inning with RISP, but made no other contributions. In that case it would be prettty stupid to give Torres potg over Casilla.

• twinfan1 said, on June 25, 2011 at 10:41 am

Sierra,everyone knows that Andres was POTG. Casilla wouldn’t even be second-that would be Chris Stewart. And POTW would probably be Mota who saved the pen for Thursady/Friday.

12. EdGdsnInExile said, on June 25, 2011 at 10:21 am

Flav, I don’t agree that Sanchez “has been awful this year.” Awfully FRUSTRATING, yes, for team and fans alike. But even as he’s walked the bases loaded, he’s kept us close in many games. And he’s had our stellar relief to bail him–as have Lincecum, Cain and Bumgarner on occasion. He’s awfully in his head right now. Boche and Rags know this, and I trust they’ll help him figure it out. It’s actually perfect timing for Zito to comeback; allows the team some flexibility with Sanchez. I also don’t feel Zito’s negativity; he’s been a mess, but I think he wants desperately to contribute as they all do–especially when you’ve been sat down as your team became Champs.

For what it’s worth, the Nats blew it with Riggleman. In these things, there’s always ‘more to the story’. Riggleman spoke of needing authority in the clubhouse. And I’d forgotten that Davey Johnson was a ‘special adviser’ for the Nats. Riggleman improved the team despite not exactly top personnel. He called the bluff of a 3rd-rate organization; they make very little effort with the community. Riggleman himself is from the DC suburbs, a fact I found out last week. They didn’t have time for a conversation? Although to his own detriment, he stood on principle.

As to another really lame organization, how does it feel to be a Marlin when you’re put out of your home stadium so U2 can play? Wow. Maybe they really do need to take away that franchise. We’ll take Stanton or Morrison!

13. Del Mar Dennis said, on June 25, 2011 at 10:22 am

This early posted lineup is in honor of Twin…

CF Andres
    2B Burriss
    3B Pablo
    1B Daddy
    LF Clown
    RF Shit
    SS Bigger shit
    .C NO(t) Whitey
    .P My favorite Horse

14. twinfan1 said, on June 25, 2011 at 10:27 am

One *should* be careful about what’s written ,most of you( you know who you are) wanted Sanchez to be a loogie in 2009 ( before he returned to the rotation) ..many wanted hinm traded for Jorge Can’t also…
    Read Baggarly for a good piece on last night’s POTG, Andres Torres…
    Dirty is NOT the two, dunderheads,pitching between Tim and Matt is a tactical move, just as inserting Zithead there would not make him the two. Dirty is the 4, Zitshit is the 13.
    I was about to tell you to get that up, DD. I’m sick of sitting on it just make your day..
    Crawford ain’t long for the bigs, I suspect.

• Del Mar Dennis said, on June 25, 2011 at 10:38 am

It’s up already. Hey, Marty Lurie is talking to one of the few prides of my hometown, Chris Singleton from Pinole Valley HS. The other course being Heisman Trophy winner, Gino Torretta. It’s a short list for Pinole, I know. Hey, I’m on that list. Turn the page over, look down at the very bottom. Now squint. Use you magnifying glass…

15. EdGdsnInExile said, on June 25, 2011 at 10:29 am

Zumie, totally agree with you about West going into the hallowed stadiums of the East. I just say to myself, keep blabbing about your pitching, and sluggers, and whatever else–we’ll be happy to be off the radar and teach you a lesson again!

By the way, did I mention I “got a weather balloon with points!” Yes, I did!

16. twinfan1 said, on June 25, 2011 at 10:34 am

“If Atlanta doesn’t run away with it”
    Yes,. that half game lead is prettty fucking formidable..

17. ewisco said, on June 25, 2011 at 10:39 am

kind of cool to see the g’s on the fox national coverage (or large regional, i can never tell). espn should rename itself the red sox yankee station. it’s always one or the other. And yes, it’s also kind of cool to see the west go into the hallowed halls and conduct themselves respectably. it’s yard work and a radio today. and maybe some golf with the boys.

18. stixwiz said, on June 25, 2011 at 10:41 am

Sierra: You got it exactly right on the relative values of Torres to Casilla in last night’s game. We saw it again right before our eyes. When Andres is on top of his own inner being he is quite capable of carrying this team offensively for days on end. Casilla is a damned good reliever who came through at an important moment in the game, setting the stage for a brilliant shutdown act by himself and three other RPs.

• twinfan1 said, on June 25, 2011 at 10:49 am

Then you both agree with what I posted last night when I made him the real POTG.

• Sierra Nevada said, on June 25, 2011 at 11:18 am

Agree. I missed yesterday’s thread, was listening to the game while goofing off with the kids, no interwebs for papa. When I checked in this morning and saw Casilla as potg, I just popped off because it seemed so goofy. Looking at the previous discussion, I can see others beat me to it. Carry on.

• twinfan1 said, on June 25, 2011 at 11:35 am

Your post was great, I’m just still astounded that Flavor picked Casilla. Loko, I know headlinesdon’t tell the whole story but I’m just not seeing much of “Reliever leads Giants to Victory”

19. twinfan1 said, on June 25, 2011 at 10:44 am

Giants are the ESPN game tonmorrow night, and I think they were just a couple weeks ago, and will be again in a couple weeks.They’ve had very fair coverage this year..

20. Del Mar Dennis said, on June 25, 2011 at 10:45 am

Son of a bitch. ISHIKAWA ($9.20) won for the second time in a row. This time in the 2nd at Monmouth.
    Didn’t I just read he had some surgery? I think his playing days are numbered…

21. twinfan1 said, on June 25, 2011 at 10:54 am

Sanchez still has to make at least one more start., as Baggs notes- starting Tuesday they play 6 games in 5 days.They don’t have to decide anything now….

22. Del Mar Dennis said, on June 25, 2011 at 10:58 am

So apparently Whitey has a quad AND elbow issue? And there’s talk about going to a 13-man staff? We’re short as it is.
    “Pinch hitting for Ryan Vogelsong, Guillermo Mota…Mota…Mota…”

23. Del Mar Dennis said, on June 25, 2011 at 11:01 am

There’s a lot of talk on KNBR about moving Sanchez for Reyes. I know they read the Flap.
    I can’t help the fact that they read my comments…

• twinfan1 said, on June 25, 2011 at 11:08 am

They’re trying to decide whether to go with your Sanchez for Reyes or Soph’s Vogelsong for Carl Crawford and Cliff Lee

24. dirtnrocksnreno said, on June 25, 2011 at 11:13 am

The Sanchez for Reyes or Reyes at all for that matter seems like pie in the sky to me. The time to move Sanchez was this past off season. The only way SF gets anyone who will contribute is with Wheeler in the deal. Thinking about having Sanchez skip a start or move to the pen for a stint isn’t exactly making other clubs interested in Sanchez.

Why the he’ll is Hall not playing?

25. eddacker said, on June 25, 2011 at 11:26 am

I think Hall is like a sling shot; Bochy is pulling him back until time to release

26. Sierra Nevada said, on June 25, 2011 at 11:34 am

Hall is not playing because he was an emergency signing and he hasn’t done much when given the opportunities. Until Fontenot is back or a trade occurs, Burriss is going to get the chance to play himself onto or of off the roster, with Hall getting some spots.

Burriss isn’t looking very good right now, but I am pulling for him.

27. twinfan1 said, on June 25, 2011 at 11:46 am

Unfortunately, none of the middle infielers look good. Burriss has made some difference with his speed.

28. eddacker said, on June 25, 2011 at 11:51 am

speed is a welcomed thing, not seen much in these parts and a perfect compliment to our team. (R*y*s)
    what is the eta for da Ford?

29. dirtnrocksnreno said, on June 25, 2011 at 11:51 am

Burris is starting to remind me of Dunston a bit. Every time the ball is hit to him it’s queue the circus music because something strange will happen. At least Dunston could hit.

• Del Mar Dennis said, on June 25, 2011 at 11:57 am

Thanks, Dirt. Because of you, I can’t get that goddamn circus music outta my head. What’s good for the goose…enjoy!

30. twinfan1 said, on June 25, 2011 at 12:12 pm

Ford came off the DL and was optioned to Fresno. It’s not going real well-4 for 35.

• Del Mar Dennis said, on June 25, 2011 at 12:19 pm

I already see the shit coming. Because Burriss and Crawford still have options, one of those two will be sent down for Zitshit’s grand return. Doesn’t make it right. Carrying 13 pitchers on your staff is never right. It’s downright Room B to the core. I abhor the fact of carrying 13 pitchers. It’s fucking sickening. And any losses we should incur because of it, we have it coming…

31. eddacker said, on June 25, 2011 at 12:29 pm

thanks Twin, we miss a lot of the MLB news here.
    I thought someone said today’s game was on ESPN, I’ve got Rockies followed by the Angels followed by the Orioles.
    Damn

32. twinfan1 said, on June 25, 2011 at 12:33 pm

They have 6 games in 5 days starting Tuesday. With both Dirty and Zitturd pitching, 13 might not be a horrible idea.

• eddacker said, on June 25, 2011 at 12:34 pm

I have a brother-in-law Zitturd might be a great name for him.
      🙂

33. eddacker said, on June 25, 2011 at 12:33 pm

Re: Ford
    ya hear about the 5 tool players, but 2 (speed and fielding) don’t cut it.
    Like to think if not for the hammy he may have played more.

34. eddacker said, on June 25, 2011 at 12:37 pm

As much as I am up for tonight’s game, sitting in my office chair watching the internet feed (jumpy at best, full screen not doable); I am ready for ESPN big screen on the settee with some popcorn.

I’m telling you, I got problems! 😦

35. Sierra Nevada said, on June 25, 2011 at 1:01 pm

On fathers day, I took the kids to see the Sac Rivercats play the Grizzlies. It was a good fathers day. Sat right above the Grizzly dugout, so got a good look at at bats and guys running from first.

My impression of Ford is no news: the guy is freaking FAST, but has problems at the plate. He is up at bat reacting, not confidently applying an approach. Just looks nervous and reactive at the plate. I hope something calms him down and gives him some confidence at the plate, because if he just was up there calmly with a approach that allowed him to do average stuff at the plate, he would be a real asset.

Runzler was ok, but against the “take” strategy of the A’s affiliate, threw way too many balls. They couldn’t do much against him when he threw strikes.

Gillaspie was the most impressive of the lot. Fields his position well, is smart at the plate and on the bases. Really looks big league ready. If I was scouting the Giants system, I would report that Gillaspie is a good trade throw-in. He couldn’t fetch anything all by himself, but as an addition to a deal, he could be the piece that seals a good deal for both sides.

36. Del Mar Dennis said, on June 25, 2011 at 1:04 pm

Sanchez on the 15-day disabled list with left biceps tendinitis.

Yeah, right. And I have left testicular tendinitis. What a crock of shit. Who gives a shit? That solves the Zitshit problem…for now.

• Del Mar Dennis said, on June 25, 2011 at 1:06 pm

And more importantly, it keeps from having to go ballistic when they woulda had 13 pitchers…

• eddacker said, on June 25, 2011 at 1:09 pm

sorry about the testiness, must hurt when you try to stretch ’em out.

37. Del Mar Dennis said, on June 25, 2011 at 1:08 pm

And Sanchez backs up the doc’s report by stating, “there’s nothing wrong with me. I’m fine. I’m healthy.”
    Sure you are, Jonathan. Sure you are…

38. Del Mar Dennis said, on June 25, 2011 at 1:14 pm

Seriously, how does MLB allow teams to get away with this shit? He’s not hurt. I thought there was some official council who monitored this stuff for just such an occasion?

0-2 cripple from the Horse. This game is starting off on the wrong hoof…

39. Del Mar Dennis said, on June 25, 2011 at 1:17 pm

Cabreara can go fuck himself. He has the audacity to question strike 3 when he shoulda been called out on the previous pitch?
    Fuck You.

40. zumie said, on June 25, 2011 at 1:35 pm

“If Atlanta doesn’t run away with it”
    Yes,. that half game lead is prettty fucking formidable.
    —–

Actually, that was my point, but I didn’t state it very well. What I meant was, SINCE Atlanta hasn’t turned out to be as strong as a lot of folks thought they would be, then they’re no lock for the Wild Card, which a lot of pundits thought they would be, especially after the Uggla signing.

41. zumie said, on June 25, 2011 at 1:38 pm

Mitch Williams missed the point about “pitch to contact” at AT&T. The point is you DON’T always have to keep the ball down in this ballpark. You can get a lot of outs on flyballs, too. You just can’t groove a bunch of pitches down the middle, which is true for any ballpark.

42. Del Mar Dennis said, on June 25, 2011 at 1:42 pm

Tejada sucks Donkey Kong. WTF is he still wearing a major league uniform? Pathetic.

• Del Mar Dennis said, on June 25, 2011 at 1:43 pm

But we don’t need a shortstop (Reyes)…

43. Del Mar Dennis said, on June 25, 2011 at 1:48 pm

Seriously. I know it’s a HUGE long shot if we acquire Reyes. But if by the slim chance we do, I won’t all you naysayers (you know you who are) to bash the deal and bash the Giants FO for making the trade. I seem to be the only asshole who wants him, so if/when we get him, you guys go tell Sabean to fuck himself. No need to pass those sentiments my way, I’m on a schedule…

• zumie said, on June 25, 2011 at 1:56 pm

For the millionth time, it’s not about whether we want him. Sure, we WANT him. But a lot of us don’t want to give up way too much for basically a rental.

• Del Mar Dennis said, on June 25, 2011 at 2:11 pm

Taking a survey. If the Mets would do it, would you do Sanchez for Reyes?

44. SanDawg said, on June 25, 2011 at 1:49 pm

This Phelps guy kind of looks like John Olerud up at the plate

45. zumie said, on June 25, 2011 at 2:03 pm

Just for the heck of it. The team payrolls:

1 New York Yankees 196,854,630
    26 Cleveland Indians 48,339,167
    27 Pittsburgh Pirates 45,630,000
    28 San Diego Padres 45,455,040
    29 Tampa Bay Rays 41,932,171
    30 Kansas City Royals 35,712,400

• eddacker said, on June 25, 2011 at 2:06 pm

so we could add $20M to our payroll, which will reduce next year, and still be barely top 5?

• zumie said, on June 25, 2011 at 2:09 pm

I was surprised the Cubs were at #6. Where’s all that money going? Soriano has a big contract, but who else?

46. eddacker said, on June 25, 2011 at 2:04 pm

there are 4 games on fox today. Guess witch one is not being broadcast here?
    did I just hear the announcer/guy say pritty darn gud?

47. xootsuit said, on June 25, 2011 at 2:08 pm

Well, Jonathan Sanchez will be back — later. Hope Zito has finally shaken off the whiplash injury he sustained in his Benz back in March.

48. twinfan1 said, on June 25, 2011 at 2:10 pm

“But we don’t need a shortstop (Reyes)…”
    Example of why drooling cups are provided for Room B. Making a trade isn’t just “I want him, let’s get him”

• Del Mar Dennis said, on June 25, 2011 at 2:14 pm

Would *you* trade Sanchez for Reyes?

49. eddacker said, on June 25, 2011 at 2:11 pm

Hey, Michael Douglas in Falling Down (1993) is on and he is about to leave his car in a traffic jam.
    I am imagining it is Denny and he is walking in the Giants clubhouse headed to the front offices.
    we’ll see how _that_ works out.

Twin is bob Duvall trying to understand this doomer shit.

50. eddacker said, on June 25, 2011 at 2:13 pm

There is no way Sabean is getting Orlando after not getting him when he did get Tejeda

51. zumie said, on June 25, 2011 at 2:14 pm

Not that anyone may care, but here’s why the Cubs are at #6 in payroll, as they answer the question- how can you spend so much money and still be lousy:

1 Alfonso Soriano 19,000,000
    15 Koyie Hill 850,000
    16 Randy Wells 475,000
    17 Blake DeWitt 460,000
    18 Starlin Castro 440,000
    19 James Russell 427,500

52. Del Mar Dennis said, on June 25, 2011 at 2:16 pm

Hey, Flav. Could you put up a poll? Sanchez for Reyes straight up. Yea or nay.

• zumie said, on June 25, 2011 at 2:19 pm

That’s a trade the Mets would never do, so what is the point?

• Del Mar Dennis said, on June 25, 2011 at 2:25 pm

You don’t know that. The question is if *you* would. Answer the goddamn question. Please.

• zumie said, on June 25, 2011 at 2:25 pm

J. Sanchez is a free agent after next season, is that correct? The Mets know that any trade for Reyes has to factor in the Met fans’ reaction and overall PR of the move.

• zumie said, on June 25, 2011 at 2:28 pm

Your hypothetical question will be affected by Zito’s performance. I’m wiling to wait to see how Zito does.
        Although, yes, my expectations are low for Zito.

• Del Mar Dennis said, on June 25, 2011 at 2:35 pm

Why can’t you just answer “yes” or “no” right this very second? I’ll tell ya why, because you’re answer would be a resounding “YES” and it would piss you off to no end to agree with something I proposed. Zumi, admit it. You’d take Jose Reyes (even just for a 1/2 yr rental) for Jonathan Sanchez in a Loo York minute.

• zumie said, on June 25, 2011 at 2:54 pm

I need to see a Zito start or two.

• Del Mar Dennis said, on June 25, 2011 at 2:58 pm

NO Whitey. You need to make a decision NOW. *My* trade deadline ends tonight.
        [cue Richard Dawson] “Survey says…?”

• eddacker said, on June 25, 2011 at 2:20 pm

do any mets fans get to vote?

53. eddacker said, on June 25, 2011 at 2:19 pm

fucking Cain, we gotta win this just for him. Fucking a
    Cain all the way

54. eddacker said, on June 25, 2011 at 2:21 pm

is there one hitter on this team with the horse?
    show me the money

55. Del Mar Dennis said, on June 25, 2011 at 2:23 pm

Giants Play ($9.20) won the NY Stakes just like I told Nipper she (the horse) would this morning.
    Hopefully they’ll be a horse running tomorrow called Giants Trade…

56. DJLoo said, on June 25, 2011 at 2:27 pm

And another winner for DMD!

• eddacker said, on June 25, 2011 at 2:33 pm

Yeah, thanks for sharing that one, DMD.
      – not sent from my iPhone

• Del Mar Dennis said, on June 25, 2011 at 3:09 pm

Hey, Ed. Giants Play was just one of my own selections, not a “hot tip.”
        Trust me, in the long run you’re better off steering clear of my choices. If not, I hope you have plenty of cardboard and newspaper.

57. eddacker said, on June 25, 2011 at 2:32 pm

Like Ted said, the difference between swinging at a ball in the strike zone and one outside is 1.5 inches.
    If I hear one more Texas Twang loving comment I am going to hurl.
    English, my man, it is a language.

58. Big flavor said, on June 25, 2011 at 2:47 pm

Dennis— rockin it big time at the pool this pm so I can’t post the poll yet. I’ll be happy to do one in tomorrow’s main thread. I’m actually interested in those results. Is thus the final yr of dirrrrrty’s contract?

• zumie said, on June 25, 2011 at 2:51 pm

I think J. Sanchez would be a free agent after the 2012 season.

59. eddacker said, on June 25, 2011 at 2:50 pm

Michael Douglas (DMD) is at the clubhouse door and someone asks, “What you doing here?” Like any good player he says, “I’m just trying to get home.”

60. Sierra Nevada said, on June 25, 2011 at 2:53 pm

Sholz falling down. That’s the go ahead run on third. Ouch.

• zumie said, on June 25, 2011 at 2:55 pm

He does the weirdest things. Just about any other player would have gotten up and ran towards third on that play.

61. Del Mar Dennis said, on June 25, 2011 at 2:54 pm

Are you kidding me? Now you know why I affectionately call Nate, “Shitholtz.” Unbelievable.

• eddacker said, on June 25, 2011 at 3:01 pm

Twin (Robert Duvall) thinks he smells it. Maybe he has one last chance to neutralize a doomer.

62. Del Mar Dennis said, on June 25, 2011 at 3:02 pm

OK, but I think PHing Rowand here was the call…

• zumie said, on June 25, 2011 at 3:06 pm

Definitely a PH is the call.

63. zumie said, on June 25, 2011 at 3:09 pm

And the balk saves the day! Oh man.

64. eddacker said, on June 25, 2011 at 3:10 pm

Bochy knows, why pinch hit when we can get a balk?

65. eddacker said, on June 25, 2011 at 3:12 pm

I am so glad Matt didn’t have to do any more base running.
    LQTM – mcain

66. stixwiz said, on June 25, 2011 at 3:14 pm

Seems i pick the weirdest times to quit the outdoor chores to come into the house and check on the game: Bottom of the Seventh. No score. Two on. Two out. Torres walks. Pitcher balks. Cain gets the one-run lead. Timing, my friends, can be amazing.

67. eddacker said, on June 25, 2011 at 3:15 pm

and now it is
    1.) insurance run
    2.) BW for the save

68. eddacker said, on June 25, 2011 at 3:20 pm

Hey! wait for Brian for the torture

69. Del Mar Dennis said, on June 25, 2011 at 3:21 pm

Nice scoop by the Panda! There must be a bad base running virus today.
    Here’s comes the AB of the day vs Grady. Remember Grady from Sanford and Son? He was always pickin’ his teeth…

70. eddacker said, on June 25, 2011 at 3:33 pm

Does torture count when you expect it to end well?
    Freaking indians are good; an offensive maching this year.
    Cainer, baby.
    BW, do it for the horse!

71. eddacker said, on June 25, 2011 at 3:35 pm

for FH
    woo hoo!

72. zumie said, on June 25, 2011 at 3:36 pm

Ha! It HAS to end that way!

• Del Mar Dennis said, on June 25, 2011 at 3:41 pm

Zumie, I don’t believe you ever answered my question. Yea or nay?

• zumie said, on June 25, 2011 at 3:49 pm

Right now…..no, I don’t make the trade. I don’t trust Zito. He needs to show something.

73. eddacker said, on June 25, 2011 at 3:36 pm

It is almost midnight and Twin is closin’ in on the Doomer

74. Del Mar Dennis said, on June 25, 2011 at 3:37 pm

It must be the goddamn circus music from today. Nice catch, Andres.
    Do-dododo-dodo-do-dodo-dododo-do-dodo,