A Place To Talk About Giants Baseball

I Hate Ryan Dempster…..

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on June 29, 2011

I really do. I don’t know why, maybe it’s his name. I have know a couple of hot women named Ryan in my life and I don’t like dude’s named “Ryan”. One of them spells her name “Rian”. That’s almost more annoying than Dempster’s dominance tonight……

I haven’t read anything tonight, I just saw a random rumor on the last messed up thread about us re-acquiring Uribe.

I would be 100% in support of that. This team needs something. It’s needs his mojo. And his mojo doesn’t work unless it’s connected to AT&T Park. He can play SS this year or 2nd, whatever. Just bring him back. I know what his numbers are, they are about what I thought he’d do away from AT&T. There’s magic inside, and Juan gets that NOW  it’s got nothing to do with pussy white and blue. Black and Orange, baby. That’s where your colors are………

Unfortunately, I don’t think Juan would want to come back. That story that leaked about the 45K he owed his landlord didn’t come from the landlord. Someone in the org leaked it. He left over a million bucks, there were other things going on. But both parties should put their petty differences aside and remember what made them both their strongest: each other.

I want Juan Uribe back on this team………..

The Flap Fantasy Baseball League Standings

(At this point in the year, dropping 7 on us is huge (Blade). BB continues his assault on his next victim)

1. Del Mar Dennis said, on June 30, 2011 at 3:09 pm

We should get two Ls in the column for this one. We lost this game TWICE. But come to think of it, when you get no-hit by the Cubs pen for over 9 innings straight, you deserve to lose.

2. That's *mr* mrbill to you! said, on June 30, 2011 at 3:09 pm

ummm … great game by Cain. Yeah, ubetcha. Love that pitcher.

3. Rough Trade said, on June 30, 2011 at 3:10 pm

Package Ramirez and a prospect for the Catcher.

4. blade3colorado said, on June 30, 2011 at 3:11 pm

Unbelievable that it was Soto, who has sucked big time all year. Every dog has his day though.

• Rough Trade said, on June 30, 2011 at 3:15 pm

And Ramirez has been outstanding all yr.

5. Del Mar Dennis said, on June 30, 2011 at 3:15 pm

Sabean best be on that goddamn phone right NOW.

6. TedSpe said, on June 30, 2011 at 3:16 pm

Wow

7. blade3colorado said, on June 30, 2011 at 3:33 pm

Rockies have had the bases loaded twice in their game with the White Sox and didn’t cash in. Sox took advantage and tied the game in the 8th (4-4). Herrera just fucked up trying to steal 2nd . . . out by a figurative mile. Mr. Science (Tracy) replaced his ass with Chris Nelson . . . Another Ramirez for the Sox (no joke) just got a double off the wall. Weird parallels to the Giants game.

8. twinfan1 said, on June 30, 2011 at 3:35 pm

Hush up, Doomin’ Denny. Rough loss, they’ll bounce back as always. Now YOU- thank goodness I had nurse remove sharp objects. Drink your soup and have a nap.

9. blade3colorado said, on June 30, 2011 at 3:43 pm

Holy shit . . . The Sox’s Rowand (Juan Pierre) almost got a grand slam, but it was a double off the wall. Sox lead 6-4. Not over, but the “Stake” is being placed over the Rockies heart.

There is ALWAYS a silver lining that can be found somewhere when the Giants lose.

• TedSpe said, on June 30, 2011 at 4:07 pm

That’s funny. We could assign a “Rowand” moniker to one player on every team

• ewisco said, on June 30, 2011 at 4:15 pm

and then at the end of the season, they could battle to the death. there can be only one – gamer!

• unca_chuck said, on June 30, 2011 at 4:55 pm

I give you . . . Gamerdome ! ! ! 32 men enter . . . 1 man leaves ! ! !

• blade3colorado said, on June 30, 2011 at 5:20 pm

Gamerdome. Me likee!

• TedSpe said, on June 30, 2011 at 5:35 pm

Yes, Last Gamer Standing. Where our own Aaron can look down on Juan Pierre. Defiantly screaming “You’re finished. Fertig! Verfallen! Verlumpt! Verblunget! Verkackt!”

10. Kevin said, on June 30, 2011 at 3:43 pm

yeah Dennis, chill, have a beer, the Giants aren’t going to win every game. tough loss.

11. Rough Trade said, on June 30, 2011 at 4:58 pm

Save your angst for Sat. Zitty goes on 3 days.

12. twinfan1 said, on June 30, 2011 at 5:28 pm

Haven’t been posting well of late. And giving Dennis hard time. Not going well. Bearwith me.

13. unca_chuck said, on June 30, 2011 at 5:35 pm

If the recent trend of this team follows its usual path, the Giants will lose tomorrow (6-1), incur a ton of misplaced animosity, and then win the next 2 (say 3-2 and 2-0) to take the series from Detroit.

That’s what this season feels like anyway.

14. Big flavor said, on June 30, 2011 at 5:41 pm

Did Torres hit any balls hard in any of his 6 at bats today?

15. twinfan1 said, on June 30, 2011 at 6:06 pm

First AB lined to first, then shit.

16. Bozo said, on June 30, 2011 at 6:27 pm

Torres is a concern but Whiteside is fucking useless and my guy Cody is clownin around too much as well.
    I try not to get too pissed off during the season, I mean there are a lot of games and all, but if I’m Matthew Thomas Cain, I’m kicking someones butt in that locker room.

• Nipper said, on June 30, 2011 at 7:09 pm

I bet Bozo can kick a mean butt!

17. Big flavor said, on June 30, 2011 at 6:43 pm

I don’t think the pitchers trip on this. They know the deal with this offense. Actually, I think they thrive on it. It’s like a weird badge of honor to wear. And they probably take great pride in the constant zeros they throw up there. It’s a mindset more than anything else and I think it’s the same one each and every one of them take the mound with. Moaning about no run support is the last thing that tight knit pitching group ever does.

• Bozo said, on June 30, 2011 at 7:07 pm

Yeah you right Flav. When Johnson was with the club one of the pitchers told him they don’t get much run support and he said, well you have to pitch better (or something like that), Still, losing a game twice because some guys can’t execute would have me in someones face if I pitched my ass off.
      I know it’s only one game here, but man this one really pissed me off. Maybe the hookers in the Motor City won’t wear these guys down so much.

• Nipper said, on June 30, 2011 at 7:10 pm

Yell a Bleep to someone.

18. Big flavor said, on June 30, 2011 at 6:45 pm

It’s like, “if you want to cut it on this staff, you do it with almost no run support. Deal with that or bail” I’m telling u I think it really just makes them better pitchers

19. twinfan1 said, on June 30, 2011 at 6:46 pm

Torres is the spark… and the alternative is Aaron. The platoon is fine but I hope he lets Andres fight out of this. Right now he’s jumpy as hell, swinging at everything.If they think it was just a career year,they better make a deal. I don’t think it was, but they need him badly..

20. unca_chuck said, on June 30, 2011 at 8:21 pm

Yeah, to all the folks kvetching about how hard this is on the pitching staff just has to look at the hardware these guys have on their fingers.

Do you think they are down on it? Well, maybe a little. Cain could have been a Cy Young winner his 7-16 season with even mediocre run support. Bummie this year is much better than his record indicates. The thing is, the team knows this. The players know this. It is what it is. The front office will do something when the trade deadline gets closer. With the myriad injuries and slumps so far this year, it’s amazing that they are 2 games up . . .

21. twinfan1 said, on June 30, 2011 at 8:40 pm

These guys were going to break from lack of support years ago, according to the usual puddingheads.. If anything, pitching in tight games has made them better.

22. twinfan1 said, on June 30, 2011 at 10:07 pm

BTW, what caused the feud between our resident barristers?

• xootsuit said, on June 30, 2011 at 10:45 pm

That’s really not a very promising line of inquiry. Funny, though.