A Place To Talk About Giants Baseball

If You Only Win 1 Game in a Series, Try to Make it the Last One

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on August 8, 2011

Hats doffed in the direction of Jeff Keppinger who got 4 hits yesterday. When we picked him up I noted that he had no speed or power, a bummer combo for a baseball player. But it looks like he’s going to hold together a .300 batting average  and that has automatic value on any team. And you know who else doesn’t have any speed or power? Freddy Sanchez. So far, the Kepp pick up has been quite serviceable.

I haven’t heard anything about Beltran today but I read the xray came back clear. The possibility of him missing the game tonight is a little easier to tolerate when you look at what we’d be missing–a guy who has been marginally better than some of the coldest hitters on the team–I could have singled out one guy until I realized you can’t single one guy out on this team when it comes to being *cold*.

I watched that replay 3 times and I never saw that ball hit Huff in the leg that he grabbed on successful steal. Not sure what to make of Huff right now. He’s clearly in a *one-off* year that is his pattern. He’s probably got about 16 injuries going at once at this time of the year. He’s our starting 1st baseman, no questions asked. I sure would like to see him perusing a Victoria Secret’s catalog at his locker today……..

By the way, if you haven’t seen it BawBagg (I honestly can’t remember how he spells his screen name) has started a new Giants blog. the address is:

It’s still in construction phase but I always liked that dude and expect him to ultimately develop a great new giants blog. And anything that takes traffic away from the Splash and creates another place for us to yammer about this team, I’m all for. I’ve got no clue who Jon Dowd is but I’m guessing there’s some connection to baseball or the Giants. My first impression, based off the name of the blog, is that you aren’t going to get a lot of bikini babes there. Lots of erudite stuff. No problem learnin’ something every now and again, right?

1. DJLoo said, on August 8, 2011 at 8:30 pm

Daddy operating on his little girl’s stuffed animal gets me everytime…

2. PawlieKokonuts said, on August 8, 2011 at 8:31 pm

At least bring in DeRosa to look at another guy hit four-bouncers to the left side. Ready to go to bed…which has been galvanic good luck this year.

3. Del Mar Dennis said, on August 8, 2011 at 8:32 pm

Looks Like I might have needed to hit the lucky local Giants cafe again this morning.
    I never did get to the hot cakes…

4. unca chuck said, on August 8, 2011 at 8:33 pm

I’m beyond outrage, Pawlie. After 12 games of abject failure at the plate, I’m merely stunned into silence. Again and again and again. Poutrage?

• DJLoo said, on August 8, 2011 at 8:34 pm

Out-Rage?

5. big flavor said, on August 8, 2011 at 8:34 pm

Maybe Rowand just needs a different type of batting practice. I’m serious. I’m assuming he’s off a machine in some cage underground. Why don’t we just take a couple of our AAA arms who are just filling out roster spots and have them throw batting practice at major league speed (or close to it). Fill there spots with more filler arms. The AAA filler guys would do it if you paid them (“Dude, you are a filler arm, here’s a contract for 100K to come throw batting practice to Rowand and a few other guys. Take it or toil away in the minors for the rest of your life.”)
    Here is where I believe Rowand fails: Everyone loves his swings in the cage but tracking a ball out of a machine that travels the same way at the same speed has nothing to do with what he will face during a game. I think it’s clear that he gets absolutely nothing out of batting practice. Why not change how batting practice is delivered? What’s a better option? The same shit?

• PawlieKokonuts said, on August 8, 2011 at 8:37 pm

I half-agree. Here’s where a hitting coach matters IF [a big word] the guy listens. But, yeah, Rowand’s Tetonic, self-punishing hacks in the cage probably simply reinforce the same mistakes. It’s all about CHANGE, Aaron. Start with standing like a human, not Gumby.

• big flavor said, on August 8, 2011 at 8:45 pm

Pawlie, you will goddamn FULLY agree with me every single time I post something or you are fucking banned! Ha. Kidding. Venting. Tough game.

6. snarkk said, on August 8, 2011 at 8:34 pm

Gotta luv Kuip. He knew Rohand was in deep doo, and gave the precautionary and patented “he hit before BP and then again in the cage — always working on his swing” to soften the blow of the upcoming K or as we saw, the DP…

7. twinfan1 said, on August 8, 2011 at 8:35 pm

Nate was not hitting before the switch. Last 4 weeks he’s .216 .247 OBP .531 OPS

8. blade3colorado said, on August 8, 2011 at 8:36 pm

Pawlie, your 8:34pm post is hilarious . . . you should be a writer.

Oh wait!

9. DJLoo said, on August 8, 2011 at 8:37 pm

He should try wiping his mouth on his left shoulder like Matt Williams used to do…

10. unca chuck said, on August 8, 2011 at 8:38 pm

Bleeeeeh.

11. James said, on August 8, 2011 at 8:40 pm

Rowand has 10 walks in over 300 PAs. He long ago needed to work on when not to swing.

12. big flavor said, on August 8, 2011 at 8:40 pm

horrific location by Voggy on that pitch.He’s not a machine.
    I think I would almost have Whitey not throw sometimes. He’s just never even close to the bag. He’d have to throw it sometimes just to keep them from running every single pitch, but seriously, does he ever NOT bounce a ball to second base?

13. big flavor said, on August 8, 2011 at 8:42 pm

another one right down the middle. Without location he could literally be the guy who throws batting practice to Rowand in my new pre-game plan for him

14. unca chuck said, on August 8, 2011 at 8:42 pm

Getting schooled by the coldest team in the majors?

Bleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh.

15. unca chuck said, on August 8, 2011 at 8:45 pm

Good news is Houston is up 9-0 on AZ,

16. DJLoo said, on August 8, 2011 at 8:46 pm

I always say no to the filthy lime bartenders insist on shoving in your Corona…

17. DJLoo said, on August 8, 2011 at 8:47 pm

“My dog did what?”

18. DJLoo said, on August 8, 2011 at 8:48 pm

Home to Nicole – things could be worse…

19. unca chuck said, on August 8, 2011 at 8:48 pm

Enough with Bugs Bunny . . .

• DJLoo said, on August 8, 2011 at 8:54 pm

My friend’s wife resembles Bugs Bunny. Somehow she pulls it off.
      And believe it or not she loves carrots…

20. willieD said, on August 8, 2011 at 8:48 pm

This is the pattern I see with vogs…right away he got tagged and gave up a couple rockets. Then he nibbles, and winds up walking in a run. Now this inning, he gives up the stolen base to a slow runner, then the two strike two out hit. Then a couple more and it’s 5-0.
    What would the reaction be if that was Johnny?

• big flavor said, on August 8, 2011 at 8:53 pm

well, success buys you some rope. Voggy was on the radio yesterday detailing his pre-game routine and he sounds like a complete obsessive nut. I think it doesn’t hurt him when things are going well but I think he’s sometimes so focused that he fucks up mid game situations if things aren’t going well. Too much focus can be a bad thing. But he definitely could work on not nibbling after he’s given up a few hits. His fastball, when he’s confident and let’s it fly to a pinpoint location, will take care of itself……..
      I’m out tonight you guys. I’m swimming with fucking dolphins tomorrow. Like, holding on the their fins or whatever and SWIMMING with them. That’s gonna be insane………

• DJLoo said, on August 8, 2011 at 8:56 pm

That’s a strange office you work in.

• twinfan1 said, on August 8, 2011 at 8:57 pm

“well, success buys you some rope.” Which Sanchez has had about ten times more than Voggy.

• big flavor said, on August 8, 2011 at 9:02 pm

fuck that Twin, you base that off what you’ve done recently. Sabean has fucked up a lot of things by reading the back of a guy’s baseball card and basing his moves off that. What someone did last year or 5 years or 10 years ago doesn’t mean shit if you have months of recent failure staring you in the face. So he had one bad home start? Now everyone hates him? How many bad home starts did Dirrrty and Zito have this year? Voggy has been brilliant at home. He gets a pass on a game that frankly, was lost by this pathetic offense. Unless you can come up with a way we could have won the game 0 to -1

21. PawlieKokonuts said, on August 8, 2011 at 8:53 pm

Seven HRs, so far, in Reds-Rockies game. Can we borrow a few? Standard & Poor’s says it’s okay.

22. unca chuck said, on August 8, 2011 at 8:54 pm

Vogie needs his location to be precise to be effective. If he starts missing he either walks guys or gives up hits. And his pitch count is usually high early. Even still, he’s been pitching well enough to win 9.

The point being, Sanchez isn’t 9-1 with a 2.18 era. Vogie is. If Sanchez did something like this, it would be typical of his starts. It’s a little bit of an abberatioon for Vogie.

We gonna waste this opportunity?

23. Del Mar Dennis said, on August 8, 2011 at 8:54 pm

We haven’t hit a HR when a man on base since like July 6.

24. Del Mar Dennis said, on August 8, 2011 at 8:55 pm

Still haven’t…pathetic.

25. Macdog said, on August 8, 2011 at 8:55 pm

This is the Lumber Co. vs. the Slumber Co.

• big flavor said, on August 8, 2011 at 8:59 pm

thanks, I needed to change the POTD spot

26. unca chuck said, on August 8, 2011 at 8:55 pm

Yup. 2 on 1 out 3 times. Never do we move the runner over.

27. big flavor said, on August 8, 2011 at 8:58 pm

If I’m the marketing guy responsible for the Coors Light Freeze Frame spot I am pulling the fucking deal if they keep using “ground out–throw out” plays to first as the highlight of the game…..

28. unca chuck said, on August 8, 2011 at 9:00 pm

What else they got?

29. PawlieKokonuts said, on August 8, 2011 at 9:00 pm

That’s it. Done. Kaput. Finito. El Paso. Sayonara.

May my breakfast tomorrow be filled with the milk and honey of shocking success, sprinkled with the sugar of stunning surprise.

30. twinfan1 said, on August 8, 2011 at 9:03 pm

“The point being, Sanchez isn’t 9-1 with a 2.18 era.” How many pennants has Voggy clinched? Pitched a no-hitter? Won 13 games for the World Champs. Fine, he gets slack for a rare poor outing but he has a long way to go before you start saying he’s earned more slack than Dirty. A long way/

• big flavor said, on August 8, 2011 at 9:07 pm

I posted this on the last page so I’ll re-post it here. The FACTS are that Voggy has been infinitely more reliable, in fact he’s got the best fucking ERA in the league, than Dirrty or Zito this year. And yes, I put both Zito and Dirrrty in the same category, THIS YEAR. THey have both been unreliable.
      big flavor said, on August 8, 2011 at 9:02 pm (Edit)

31. PawlieKokonuts said, on August 8, 2011 at 9:03 pm

…the Orioles — the Orioles — even have a guy with 20 homers………..

• EdGdsnInExile said, on August 8, 2011 at 10:34 pm

Paulie, they have three…!

32. DJLoo said, on August 8, 2011 at 9:05 pm

I would take 15-1 on the entry of Mota/Javy for the Willie Mac Award…

33. twinfan1 said, on August 8, 2011 at 9:07 pm

These Orioles..,.they’re leading their division? I know little of these powerful birds.

34. big flavor said, on August 8, 2011 at 9:09 pm

Here’s a poll for you: Who would you rather have pitching a home game this year: Voggy, Dirrrty or Zito? If you Dirrrty you’re just looking at the back of baseball card. Voggy is the most reliable pitcher we have, THIS year, on our team.

• willieD said, on August 8, 2011 at 9:18 pm

So far, yes. But in a 3 game series, he pitches 4th in the rotation.
      Like I said, call me skeptical. but I think the numbers don’t add up right, and won’t last. Not if, just a question of when.

35. blade3colorado said, on August 8, 2011 at 9:11 pm

OK, I’ll take the bait . . . Where in the fuck do they have dolphins in Palo Alto and/or the SF bay area?

36. big flavor said, on August 8, 2011 at 9:13 pm

Ha, I’m not working this week and I got talked into going by some chick/great rack…..Marine World in Vallejo. Three flags? Whatever it is?

37. big flavor said, on August 8, 2011 at 9:14 pm

but you are definitely in this huge tank with them, swimming around, holding on to them. They actually bump you up into the air when you are positioned properly.

• DJLoo said, on August 8, 2011 at 9:17 pm

Is that her rack your referring to?

• big flavor said, on August 8, 2011 at 9:22 pm

yes. But that might be frowned upon by the Marine World staff. we’ll see……..

38. DJLoo said, on August 8, 2011 at 9:14 pm

Charlie Morton is a perfect name for a backup QB.

• big flavor said, on August 8, 2011 at 9:17 pm

Absolutely.

39. stixwiz said, on August 8, 2011 at 9:16 pm

Folly, flailing and frustration. Men on base. Runners in scoring position. Such things are sposta inspire increased intensity. But what do we get? Yechh. Now they get victimized by a stinkerballer.

40. blade3colorado said, on August 8, 2011 at 9:17 pm

Really? I remember a Marine World in Foster City or near there back in the 80s, I dated one of the animal trainers. Went to their annual party . . . very, very wild (umm . . . the employees I mean, not the animals).

• big flavor said, on August 8, 2011 at 9:20 pm

it did used to be in Redwood Shores. At least that’s what I was told when I owned a condo there about 10 years ago. When you come off the Carquines Bridge going West (I totally fucked up the spelling of that bridge) I think it’s off to the right hand side. Honestly, I’m looking more forward to the rack then the dolphins but we’ll see. “What have you done for me lately?” is the argument I just used for Voggy. I’ll use the same one for my swim with the Dolphins tomorrow. 🙂

41. twinfan1 said, on August 8, 2011 at 9:17 pm

When the other pitchers have been criticized, their “body of work” is used in their defense. The point is that dumb fuck pitching is dumb fuck pitching. I already said Voggy gets a pass for a rare poor outing. But he will not be in the class you want to put him in until he COMPLETES even one successful big league campaign…

• big flavor said, on August 8, 2011 at 9:27 pm

the day you call Sanchez out for a shitty performance is the day I’ll listen to you call out Voggy for one. You use bad Sanchez performances to call everyone out as racist or whatever. You haven’t liked Voggy from the start, your posts have been consistent and crystal clear since he got here. I know you want to be right about this and if he falls apart maybe you will be. But you get on other bloggers for being happy about the team failing if it means they are right about some other prediction (like the D-backs winning the league). Don’t act the same way and be giddy because Voggy has a bad start and it, in you mind, supports your original theory that he’s not as good as his stats.
      I actually don’;t believe he’s as good as his stats either, but THIS YEAR there isn’t a guy I’d rather have out there if I had to choose from those 3 (Voggy, Dirrrrrty, Zitttty)

42. twinfan1 said, on August 8, 2011 at 9:31 pm

Flavor once tried to compare the Torres saga and Vogelsong. The main diff is that Torres had had some minor league success, Ryan has never been succesful anywhere at any level until this year. Right now I’d take him to start one game over Dirty, but I doubt that would be the case in a month. And given one to keep, it’s Sanchez in a heartbeat. Being a fan I’d love for them both to be successful, but history says the Voggenmeister is on a magical ride that will not end well. I just hope it lasts a magical season before the inevitable crash.

• big flavor said, on August 8, 2011 at 9:35 pm

well, while you’re keeping track of all these shittty starts that you’re expecting from Vogggggy over the next month be sure to keep track of Dirrrrrty’s. He was bad in his rehad starts and he got hammered when he came back. Tonight’s game was actually a typical Dirrrrty game (2011). You would have tolerated it much better had Dirrrrty been the one throwing the pitches…….

43. James said, on August 8, 2011 at 9:31 pm

Vogelsong would have to fuck up pretty badly to ruin his numbers this season. I certainly wouldn’t expect a repeat next year at age 35.

• twinfan1 said, on August 8, 2011 at 9:51 pm

Vogelsong has exactly zero value anywhere but here. Flavor acts like I’m the Lone Ranger in doubting his ride will last long ( as I’ve noted before, even he has ZERO explanation for it. He acts like a princess kissed him. )
      Flavor is wrong to say I WANT him to fail, however. When I go to bed I might even say a prayer for his success.; we sure as hell need it.

44. big flavor said, on August 8, 2011 at 9:37 pm

Now, I really have to go. Tomorrow is a very early day if I shall make my date to swim with my dolphins……

45. DJLoo said, on August 8, 2011 at 9:37 pm

Beltran going on a major tear might be the only thing that can snap them out of this…

• twinfan1 said, on August 8, 2011 at 10:05 pm

He’s been here, what, 9 games? 10? That’s a big chunk to contribute zero.Or does he get slack for Mets success?Anyway, damn staight he’d better hit.

46. twinfan1 said, on August 8, 2011 at 9:37 pm

I have a valid opinion and you need to stop calling me out for that. Attack Willie on it. I didn’t say shit to you.

47. blade3colorado said, on August 8, 2011 at 9:38 pm

Flav, I probably fucked up uploading this pic to my gravatar . . . but this was during a dive in Belize. The shark I am holding is a Nurse shark . . . harmless.

• blade3colorado said, on August 8, 2011 at 9:39 pm

Apparently, I fucked up uploading it via wordpress.

• Big flavor said, on August 8, 2011 at 9:48 pm

That picture is awesome. I’ve got a couple well off buddies who do the Belize fishing scene a couple of times a year. Did you fish or just wrap sharks up? I’m hitting the sack but I look forward to reading the story in the morning.

48. DJLoo said, on August 8, 2011 at 9:50 pm

Post some rack shots tomorrow. BTW does she read this thing?

49. DJLoo said, on August 8, 2011 at 9:55 pm

Swear to God, Rowand’s walk up song was “Money For Nothing” by Dire Straits, I believe…

50. blade3colorado said, on August 8, 2011 at 9:55 pm

No, not at all . . . Basically, the Dive Master takes down the divers (we had a small party – my girlfriend, and two others) about 40-45 feet and he has “chum” bait in a container and before you know it, literally a dozen or more sharks are around you (seriously). Quite frankly, you know intellectually, that they are harmless, but there is something disconcerting about having this many sharks around you. Who knows? A tiger shark could have joined the fun for all I knew. Ha.

Anywho . . . You grab one by the tail and bring it into you and then flip it over on it’s back. They are docile as babys at that point. Really weird, almost like “Rock a bye baby” . . . except, it’s a shark. I have other pics that I will send you via email.

51. Macdog said, on August 8, 2011 at 9:56 pm

OK, how long have they been playing the intro to “Money for Nothing” for Rowand’s ABs?

• DJLoo said, on August 8, 2011 at 10:00 pm

I just heard it being played as he stepped back into the box after the pitching coach departed. It was unmistakable. Maybe it’s not his “walk-up” song. Perhaps management was just making a statement.

• snarkk said, on August 8, 2011 at 10:02 pm

If that is true, the guy programming the music at ATT needs to get a raise…

52. snarkk said, on August 8, 2011 at 9:59 pm

Charlie Morton has a 2011 Whip of 1.53 coming in, he’s been cuffed around by the league like Chuck Wepner in cleats. So, of course he shuts down the Giants. This is SF’s 1 out of 3 to lose. If they lose one of the next two, look out. If they can’t hit on this next roadie like this suckage homestand, they are going to get blitzed in Florida and Atlanta, and Houston is showing signs of life, too. This could get uglier…

• Macdog said, on August 8, 2011 at 10:14 pm

Giants miss Halladay the entire Philly series and then get beat by Halladay Lite.

53. That's *mr* mrbill to you! said, on August 8, 2011 at 10:02 pm

LoL@Schulman: “This game has gotten so bad Whiteside and Ramirez phoned the commissioner asking to be suspended for the rest of it.”

54. eddacker said, on August 8, 2011 at 10:07 pm

Do women ever drink milk straight out of the carton or is that just a guy thing?
    yes, I am truly frustrated over
    Folly, flailing and frustration. Men on base. Runners in scoring position
    night all

55. unca chuck said, on August 8, 2011 at 10:09 pm

Do not drive operate heavy machinery when listening to the Giants . . .

Side effects are boredom, drowsiness, apathy, stupor,and/or coma,

56. snarkk said, on August 8, 2011 at 10:16 pm

The abject failure of the offense so far this season is numbing. At this point, I’m beyond frustration with it. My view has now turned into amazement at the length of the futility, almost regardless of the opposing starter. The surprise now would be that they somehow break out of it next week or in September, and start scoring runs and/or hitting HRs. Let’s hope for a redux of last September. Alright. Kruk is doing the usual post-game hype of how good the opposing starter was, though he’s been average to crap against the rest of the NL. Nighty night Flappers….

57. paulinasia said, on August 8, 2011 at 10:38 pm

From the MLB game story, the obvious: “The Giants – held to two or fewer runs for the eighth time in 10 games – were blanked for the third time in nine games and 10th overall.” This bad stretch is nearly as bad as San Diego’s meltdown losing 10 in a row in September last year, which of course allowed the Giants to get close enough to catch them. Good thing this is happening to the G’s now, and not a month from now. Still in first place, despite this bad stretch. Still lots of time to get it right. Their only competition to get to the playoffs is AZ. Just need to get out of this bad stretch, which of course they will. …. ….

58. snarkk said, on August 8, 2011 at 10:43 pm

OK, I promise this is my last post tonite.
    Take a look at this short interview in the Chicago Sun Times with the Gamer.
    You guys decide whether the last part of the discussion is a total, unmistakable diss of Giants fans…

59. Sierra Nevada said, on August 8, 2011 at 10:58 pm

Flem summed it up during a Whitey AB where he just missed a HR with a mammoth ball just foul with 2 men on:

the Giants have not hit a HR with men on base since July 6

I dunno if that is true (I’m too lazy to confirm it), but if it is, the implications are devastating to the Giants hopes. The power outage is getting to epic proportions, and right now opposing teams have almost no fear of the Giants making contact. This isn’t a simple case of the Giants having a bad BABIP stretch, this is the entire area beyond the fences being nearly out of reach.

I imagine that the Giants internal conversations are getting pretty intense right about now.

60. twinfan1 said, on August 8, 2011 at 11:01 pm

Why would he like the fans here? They’ve been horrid. He’s given it his all, not his faut that Sabean over valued him.

61. DJLoo said, on August 9, 2011 at 6:09 am

Fuck Mr. Money For Nothing.

62. stixwiz said, on August 9, 2011 at 7:51 am

After getting salted down by Morton last night the Giants hitters have reached new depths of futility. At precisely the time when Beltran may have been expected to break out of his slump, he goes down with a sprained wrist. Even Panda was not immune to the stinkerballer last night, grounding out with near precision. Part of the problem hasta be the lack of spark frequently encountered with a team comprised primarily of been there done that veterans. Also they are the reigning champs. No hunger. Further they miss their team leader Buster Posey. Flatline frustration.

Not me for dumping on Vogelsong. Every pitcher on this staff has had a meltdown this season. So what do you expect when the hitting simply is not there? So Vogie was due for a night off. Frankly, i do not expect it to become habit-forming on his part. Now as for those hitters…Best thing i can think of is to bring Belt back asap and play him regularly, switching back and forth between 1B and LF if need be. Maybe it won’t do much good this year, but he has nothing more to prove in AAA and needs to face ML pitching on a regular basis. Belt is almost for sure a major part of the future of this team. Several of those vapid veterans are not.

63. willieD said, on August 9, 2011 at 8:23 am

If I remember right, Ross got off to a crummy start when he first came here last year too. I can recall ragging on the guy for going like 1-13 or something, no pop/speed on the bases. He had hit some lead off for Marlins, and Torres was fucked up, and rowand was the alternative. I didn’t like what I first saw…then.

• twinfan1 said, on August 9, 2011 at 9:08 am

That just points up the total hypocrisy when posters suddenly claim a guy gets no slack this year for past performance.It’s almost too dumb to even argue- ANYBODY who has a recent record of sucess ( recent as in last year) , get’s extra slack . Not just a few, not some, every fucking one…well, except Head Case.

64. twinfan1 said, on August 9, 2011 at 8:59 am

The point isn’t baggng on Vogelsong, It’s that every fucking pitcher has been given the excuse of the poor run support except Sanchez. It;’s bullshit, and worse is the fabrication that Sanchez has been the awful performer that some claim.Sorry to use the term, but it applies_ it’s a fucking lie. He has not been as sharp as 2010 when his performance in August ( he might have been the only starter who didn’t gag up August completely) and September saved the pennant, but he’s still given up 3 earned runs or less in 14 of 17 starts. Lumping him with Zito was nonsense. I did give Voggy a pass for what I clearly said was a rare bad start and I hope that’s all it was. But I’m simpl;y more realistic about him than the Head Case bashers- as I said, right now, sure, he’d get a start over Dirty in a must win game, but is Ryan a keeper? Extremely doubtful, His history says he’s a cute one year story.The hope is that the inexplicable magic ride at least lasts the regular season. Long term, I ( and any knowledgeablr observer) would take Head Case over Voggy without hesitation. BTW, if you paid attention, even in that last start, the two HRs came on good pitches that the hitters had to go get, not the BP shit our “good guys” have been giving up. So I’ll rag on Dirty for a poor start as soon the hypocrisy ends and the other guys get the critiicism they deserve when they suck.

65. Kevin said, on August 9, 2011 at 9:08 am

Wow, gettig shutout by the Pirates, a new low for the Giants. And I have to say what an improvement Cabrera has been over Crawford!! Yep those 37 year old players are really showing the young guys how it is done!!

66. twinfan1 said, on August 9, 2011 at 9:15 am

Crawfod got plenty of time. He sucks. But fine, you might add that Beltran’s OPS is worse than Rowand’s. And Whiteside’s.Huff.Torres. He does edge out Miggy and Dirty…

67. Kevin said, on August 9, 2011 at 11:11 am

I am just saying that stats are spewed out here all the time about players the Giants should get, and then the Player gets here and they seem to fall off the face of the earth.