A Place To Talk About Giants Baseball

Frustrating Bump in the Road

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on September 21, 2011

That game sucked. The Giants weren’t facing the dominant 13K, 2 hit masterpiece that we often see from Kershaw. We had our chances. And each time they were scattered away. Three guys getting picked off 1st base in the first 2 innings  (I’m lumping Torres in there since he was out by a mile at 2nd) is comically bad. We get a guy to scoring position in the 8th and Pablo swings through a totally hittable ball and Beltran doesn’t get a swing off, letting all balls go by peacefully, unmolested by his disinterested bat. He looked like Ryan Howard for a second. Then we get Burriss on 1st base and he doesn’t come close to producing the thing he’s there to do which is to steal 2nd and put himself in scoring position.

Meanwhile, AZ loses and last night would have been the PERFECT time to heap a boatload of pressure on them. Honestly, right now I just really want to make that series relevant and we can’t do that if we miss opportunities like we had last night. Execute or be executed……..

The only good thing that came out of last night’s loss was that tonight is a must-win (as are pretty much all the remaining games except maybe 1 if you think 90 wins gets it done). I’m glad The Dana Eveland Game is now a must-win. He is terrible, I don’t care what he did to us last time. This guy is a WALK MACHINE if you let him be one. The game he pitched against us on September 10th was the low point of the season, in my opinion. The next day the SDG took the reigns at The Flap and she’s been everything you could ask for from a dingy, huge-racked California girl. She doesn’t lose to “The Dana Eveland’s” of the world…….

1. twinfan1 said, on September 21, 2011 at 10:41 pm

Snarkk is betraying a fundamental ignorance if he thinks that Pill has proven anyone wrong quite yet. Let’s compare him to Ortmeier after/if he gets 150 ABs..And, Snarkkles, only part of your “quote” is from Baggs…more fabrication from the King. I’d be happy to place the quotation marks where they belong with your permission.
    “Sabean didn’t need to say these things about Pill. A clear diss of the guy, and Pill has proven Sabean totally out to lunch on it. ” Baggs never said that of course. As the quote from Baggarly does show, Baggs didn’t consider him a prospect either. No one did. He and we would like him to prove evrybody wrong. Despite your lip service to the contrary- you are not happy unless a Snarkk prediction of failure has come to pass.

• snarkk said, on September 21, 2011 at 10:48 pm

I separated the Baggs quote in a separate paragraph. I even gave the date, so people could look the whole thing up for themselves. So, no dark intent at all there, Mr. Burger. Give your witch hunt a rest…

• snarkk said, on September 21, 2011 at 10:52 pm

You’d be more happy if Pill turned into a doddering clod, just to prove Sabes right. I’d rather he continue to prove Sabes wrong and help the team solve this offensive problem going into 2012…

• twinfan1 said, on September 21, 2011 at 10:55 pm

I’ve already posted to the contrary. And unlike you, I don’t lie.

2. TedSpe said, on September 21, 2011 at 10:58 pm

BALLGAME!!!!
    Fuck I. I don’t care what any of you smooth, shaken not stirred, Lowell graduate, psuedo intellectual, gentiles say.
    The Giants are still in this race. I’m in full on crazy-ass mother fucker Lionel Atwill, Dwight Frye mood. Oh yeah.
    BWAAAHAAHHHAHHAHHHAHHHAHHAAAAAA

3. twinfan1 said, on September 21, 2011 at 10:58 pm

What a comforting fuzzy wuzzy feeling knowing the ball is hit where Vungo patrols…

• snarkk said, on September 21, 2011 at 11:13 pm

Don’t get too wuzzy, Torres will obviously be non tendered….

4. snarkk said, on September 21, 2011 at 11:00 pm

Back to the game, play this same lineup tomorrow, forget matchups. Just see what happens. It’s got some energy, you can’t argue with the 8 runs. Vogie looks like he might be running a little low on petrol, it’s late in the year, but he’s a real fighter when the chips are down, I like his style…

• twinfan1 said, on September 21, 2011 at 11:06 pm

He came up medium. Non-prospects Pill and Christiam came up big..The LU won’t be the same, dorkenstein. Obviousy Panda will be back, and I’m sure you’ll see your Crawdaddy. Huff or Pill is a toss up. Torres will probably be in.. there will be many changes. Don’t know about Beltran yet. Try to post from Realityville..

5. Macdog said, on September 21, 2011 at 11:01 pm

They’ve made it to Friday, as far as the division goes. At least the Dodgers won’t get a chance to drive in that final nail.

6. TedSpe said, on September 21, 2011 at 11:04 pm

Feeling good.
    ‘Nite, gentlemen (question mark)