A Place To Talk About Giants Baseball

Going 6-1 The Rest of the Way

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on September 22, 2011

Lots of good things happened last night. To wit:

1) they beat up on Eveland allowing me to sleep last night

2) they ensured that the Dodgers couldn’t put a fork in us

3) the D-Backs “Viewing Party” was canceled

4) I got to use Pill as POTG again. I will never tire of searching for POTG pics for that dude…..

5) It kept the series this weekend relevant, at least for Friday’s game.

6) Oh, and they kept my 90 win total hope alive. It would have been technically *alive* even if they’d lost but I still like to have a game to play with since it looks like Surkamp is going to be getting a start in Arizona….

The Flap Fantasy League Standings

(things are sorting themselves out in the top 3 and Ed has pretty much locked up 11th place. That should feel like 1st place, my man, after the way your year started)

1. unca chuck said, on September 22, 2011 at 9:54 pm

Shit, the Dodgers get another BP session? No fair.

2. ewisco said, on September 22, 2011 at 9:59 pm

first a colonoscopy and now this. long day.

• TedSpe said, on September 22, 2011 at 10:00 pm

Colonoscopy today? Yesterday’s prep must have made it a long day as well

• twinfan1 said, on September 22, 2011 at 10:06 pm

One of my Mothers-in-Law died at my home after a stroke. You want a great day, try “go lightly prep” on a 90 YO woman. Delightful.

• TedSpe said, on September 22, 2011 at 10:14 pm

Yipes

• TedSpe said, on September 22, 2011 at 10:17 pm

And odd that ewisco mentioned his colonoscopy right after chuck’s post that started with the word “Shit”.
        Coincidence?

3. unca chuck said, on September 22, 2011 at 9:59 pm

Comeback time . . .

4. snarkk said, on September 22, 2011 at 10:00 pm

Maybe it made no diff, but Edlefsen in after Bum? Really? The season in the balance and Edlefsen to shut it down? Is Mota hurt, or didn’t answer the phone? Then Joaquin? Minor league dudes in to shut it down? Weird…

5. TedSpe said, on September 22, 2011 at 10:02 pm

Jonathan…er Freddy…er Hector, yeah Hector
    DO IT BABY!!!

6. TedSpe said, on September 22, 2011 at 10:05 pm

And there ya go

7. TedSpe said, on September 22, 2011 at 10:06 pm

Huh. The Dodgers looked like they’re enjoying being spoilers there

8. twinfan1 said, on September 22, 2011 at 10:11 pm

I’ve explained how bullpen management works- many times. I’m serious. I think Black, Bochy, and I may be the only men in CA who understand it.

• TedSpe said, on September 22, 2011 at 10:19 pm

Don’t flatter yourself. I know a shitload of Canadians that understand how bullpen management works

• twinfan1 said, on September 22, 2011 at 10:25 pm

I’ll give you a guy in Prince George, but he’s in his 90’s and ailing.

• TedSpe said, on September 22, 2011 at 10:59 pm

Nevertheless

9. snarkk said, on September 22, 2011 at 10:13 pm

Zito’s short train wreck put a fitting capper on this mess tonite. The “exec committee” needs to run a continuous loop of that performance in their next board meeting to convince themselves to dump him in the offseason somehow, somewhere, sometime…

10. xootsuit said, on September 22, 2011 at 10:17 pm

If Bip had a better (much better) tie tonight, he’d be dressed as I was today. Someone must’ve told him to lose the shitty lapels. And colonoscopy isn’t really a good analogy here. The drugs wipe out the memory of that “procedure.”

The opportunity now is razor thin. Who else is betting on them?

• TedSpe said, on September 22, 2011 at 10:20 pm

Yes, xoot, it’s the prep day before that’s a pain in the….neck

11. twinfan1 said, on September 22, 2011 at 10:18 pm

It is impossible to imagine carrying Zits in any capacity next year.. No matter how it’s spun, he’ll be about the 15th best pitcher.

• TedSpe said, on September 22, 2011 at 10:20 pm

14th. I’m a polly

• Nipper said, on September 23, 2011 at 6:19 am

Shit-can him pronto!

12. twinfan1 said, on September 22, 2011 at 10:22 pm

Bip should STFU.. besides still pulling this out, the goal is to not let AZ clinch this weekend…

13. TedSpe said, on September 22, 2011 at 10:25 pm

Hector got 0%? I’d put him right after Belt. What do I know

14. TedSpe said, on September 22, 2011 at 11:03 pm

Win all the rest? Playoffs, baby, YEAH!
    That’s the thing, see? I haven’t fucked the fat lady yet. I’ll allow her her aria later.
    Goodnight, gentlemen (question mark)

15. eddacker said, on September 22, 2011 at 11:38 pm

a second loss to the godddamn dogers?
    shite

16. twinfan1 said, on September 23, 2011 at 12:18 am

I’ll remind all that there are two interesting topics, with links to the right. I’m getting thoughtful and interesting comments, with no rancor. Thanks.

• Nipper said, on September 23, 2011 at 6:17 am

No rancor? Is that possible?

• twinfan1 said, on September 23, 2011 at 8:05 am

When I’m the moderator, there never is.