A Place To Talk About Giants Baseball

Super Bowl is Over. Hello, Boredom.

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on February 6, 2012

There is literally no event in the sporting world that i care about (I’ll have the slightest interest in the AT&T) until February 18th when pitchers and catchers are slated to report. You know it’s quiet when someone showing up to work is interesting to you…..

The Super Bowl was most definitely interesting. As I predicted, the Giants won but I thought ย it would be a higher scoring game. In the end, it was very much like a 49er game–good defense, great special teams (Weatherford did a pretty good Andy Lee impression, didn’t he?) and someone making a play late (Manningham) that was the difference. The Giants were also quite effective in running the ball late. I also want to give Belichek big props (that’s hard for me to do since I hate him) for having the nut sack to tell his D to allow that late TD. Most coaches cling to the stupid approach of NOT doing that even though failing to do so ALWAYS leaves you with no time left on the clock. In this case, Brady got nearly a minute to work with. Weird scene watching Bradshaw TRY to sit down on the one yard line, he just couldn’t do it……..

I listened to a bit of the game on the radio. I think it was early 3rd quarter and the announcer was gushing over Brady and his epic performance, I think he’d completed like 14 in a row at that point. What an over-exaggeration. Most of his passes were dump offs. In fact, both quarterbacks had Y/A’s that were quite pedestrian (Eli 7.4, Brady 6.7).

This game was hardly a QB vs QB game that the network tried to bill it as. It was 2 football teams facing off with a player Manningham) making an unreal catch to essentially win the game for them. That’s what football games always are: who’s going to make a play that is the difference in the game. Yesterday it was Manningham. As usual, the brain-dead approach to picking the SB MVP was in effect–give it to the QB. In my book, Manningham is the MVP. That catch was better than the catch that the Giants receiver (can’t remember his name) made in ’07 to set up the game winner to Plaxico…..

It’s dark outside my window still. Cold, a little foggy….dark. I hate this time of the year……..

__________________________________________________________

Retro Temps of de Jour!

July 5th, 1987. We are in Chicago. I usually only do home games but this was a great day–Kevin Mitchell had just been traded to the Giants (along with Dravecky and Lefferts) and he promptly banged out 2 bombs to help us win. The Giants were losing 5-2 going to the 6th where they scored 2 and then 3 more in the 8th. Seeing Robby lead off it reminded me of how were really didn’t have ย a leadoff hitter in ’87.

1. willieD said, on February 6, 2012 at 7:36 am

welker is going to remember the one got away forever. If you take away the hail mary and the pass before that to branch that brady threw too far out of bounds, his receivers dropped 4 of the last 5 balls he threw. Welker catches that one, Pats get at least an FG, take more time off the clock, and force eli to score a TD with only one time out left. A TD there would have ended it. And coughlin has some splainin to do.
    Paul Noce as I recall was a local guy from peninsula; guys I played softball with in redwood city over where the niners used to train off roosevelt knew him. There used to be a gym there too, and Cedric Hardman used to play some hoops in there. Talk about a power forward.

2. Alleykat said, on February 6, 2012 at 8:13 am

Flav, That was David Tyree back in 07.Pretty awesome catch clinging the ball against his helmet.I would rate that one better,along with Holmes GW for Pittsburgh.

3. willieD said, on February 6, 2012 at 8:56 am

As to Coughlin, how do you waste two times out in the 4th Q of a game you are trailing because you can’t run a play? Maybe this is on eli for not just calling something and running it, but twice in the same Q? Wtf?
    How does the wide out who catches the ball in bounds at like the 9 yd line allow himself to be thrown out, stopping the clock and saving Pats a critical t/o? Don’t you tell these guys to lay down and wait for someone to touch you? And of course there is doofus bradshaw who can’t stop himself from scoring with no one around him. He falls down on the 1, NE has to burn the last t/o and you kick an extra point range FG to win it, maybe giving Brady 20 seconds to make 45-50 yds without a t/o so he can’t work middle of the field dump offs.
    that’s a lot of dumb football to me; Coach has responsibility to explain to the players, “this is what we do in this situation, hang on to the ball and run clock.” Or, you explain it to eli if you have to, and he runs it down to whoever is going to get the ball, in the huddle. The line btw goat and hero is pretty thin one.

4. willieD said, on February 6, 2012 at 9:26 am

End of rant: Kelly clarkson sucks, Madonna was gratuitous fluff complete waste of time, and the commercials went downhill after the first Borat guy movie promo. The scene where he is in the blocks for the race with the ridiculous beard, fires the starting gun himself, then shoots the other runners was f-ing hilarious. Clint, on the other hand, was gruesome.
    I continue to have highest respect for tony dungy and could listen to him all day, esp compared to the chumps he is constantly surrounded by, which yesterday was everyone not named al michaels.

5. Flavor said, on February 6, 2012 at 9:55 am

I thought Collinsworth was excellent. he immediately called out the receiver (Manningham?) who was fading his route ultimately ending up out of bounds….
    And I think Welker is catching too much shit for that drop. Whether he *makes that catch all the time* or not—very tough catch to make.

6. twinfan1 said, on February 6, 2012 at 10:44 am

I thought Aberdeen’s scramble for the TD was the best play of the afternoon, she deservedly won Most Valuable Puppy..

• twinfan1 said, on February 6, 2012 at 11:06 am

Collieworth’s analysis was excellent, BTW..

7. SanDawg said, on February 6, 2012 at 10:58 am

Love the Willie D rant! Totally agree that the Welker ball was a tough catch. Also agree that it was this close to going the Patriots way. I also enjoyed the commerical where the guy from the Holiday Inn and Playstation commercials is egging on Deion to the horse dance at the end. I’m not as high on Dungy as Willie, though I do like some of the stuff he says. For the most part, I avoid pre, post, and halftime talking heads as much as possible–even my beloved Boomer Esiason irritates me in that role.
    Call me crazy, but that new Van Halen song sounds pretty good to me. Oh yeah, and that interception by 93 was awesome—maybe even more impressive than Mario’s catch—which I agree was huge. I’ve never seen a ‘backer intercept a ball that far downfield.

8. Nipper said, on February 6, 2012 at 11:52 am

No one fighting or arguing today?

9. Alleykat said, on February 6, 2012 at 12:02 pm

Man that’s a killer LU 3-6 Hac,Thrill,Chili,Mitch

10. St said, on February 6, 2012 at 12:21 pm

Cubs finished last in the East despite leading the NL in hrs with 209. G’s were 2nd with 205.

11. Alleykat said, on February 6, 2012 at 12:58 pm

Just imanage that Giant LU in 87 if they didn’ trade The Ripper for that doofus David Green.Will Clark 1B,Hac Man LF…Jack Clark RF.Chili Davis CF…Kevin Mitchell 3B now that’s a Bad Ass Stud LU..

12. Sierra Nevada said, on February 6, 2012 at 1:15 pm

Baseball season, F yeah!

Sorry about yer boredom, flavor. From where I sit, now that the National Brain Injury League is done for a bit, all is good.

The boy went through a series of tryouts the last few weeks, and on Tuesday the local LL draft will place him with a team. Practice starts next week. The scouting report:

He is a ten y.o. lefty, and throws lively strikes consistently that sting to catch (I finally had to break down and buy a catchers mitt last month, he was leaving bruises on my hands when I was using my fielding mitt). Movement is down and in to righties. His hitting still needs work, but last week working off a tee we finally got his form down, and the power against real pitching is starting to pick up. He gets to everything hit his way, but is a bit clueless about where to go with the ball once he has it. He makes the throw from third to first consistently well, but his poor footwork around the bases on double plays make him a bit of a question mark at short and second. Very good speed on the basepaths, but f’ing clueless, still running his ass into outs. Physical tools had the managers drooling, but exuberance and cluelessness are issues to be dealt with.

Baseball season, F yeah!

13. unca_chuck said, on February 6, 2012 at 3:25 pm

If it hits both your hands, you have to catch it. That’ll eat at Welker for a while. He doesn’t need to hear it from anyone else whether he should have caught it or not. He knows he should have.

What I can figure is why NE didn’t go deep at all. The only time they did was on the semi-busted play to Gronkowski that got picked off by the LB. Other than that, NO deep shots. Welker’s worth at least a shot. Or even Ocho Stinko.

• St said, on February 6, 2012 at 5:43 pm

Was expecting that, too, since we burned them deep with Vernon. I guess NY was playing their safeties corners deeper than normal, which may explain all the quick slants.

14. PawlieKokonuts said, on February 6, 2012 at 3:46 pm

Pork roast and chicken riggies were pretty delish at Okie’s party. I’m ready for ST. Am lining up a trip to FL to interview Evan Longoria and Joe Maddon for my book, I hope. The Rays folks have been a real pleasure, as are their fans. Can’t say the same of the rest of my dealings, so far. Looks as if the book is coming out in March, as an e-book. Will keep Flappers posted.

15. PawlieKokonuts said, on February 6, 2012 at 3:51 pm

Tommy Lee Jones seems DEAD on that Ameriprise commercial. Just sayin’.

16. Brian said, on February 6, 2012 at 4:15 pm

Man, sure wish our 3-6 batters today resembled that ’87 line-up

• twinfan1 said, on February 6, 2012 at 4:21 pm

Well, we’d have our second WS if that team had our 1-2-3 starting pitchers…

17. twinfan1 said, on February 6, 2012 at 4:15 pm

Thank goodness baseball is almost upon us…but what a bonus we got from our 49ers… I should be home a couple days before the P&C report on the 18th. My God, I can’t wait..

18. zumie said, on February 6, 2012 at 5:46 pm

Yeah, the sportsworld gets drab during this time, until college hoops’ March Madness. I like baseball’s Spring Training a lot, but I don’t think it’s enough to carry March by itself, without the college tourney.

19. zumie said, on February 6, 2012 at 5:49 pm

So Giselle threw Brady’s teammates under the bus. She doesn’t seem like a very likable human being. Her whole schtick is her looks, obviously; but even then, she ain’t all that. And as she ages, she can rely even less on it. It’s called “Sarah Palin syndrome.”

• Flavor said, on February 6, 2012 at 6:05 pm

I told someone yesterday, unless she is the coolest chick around, the ONLY reason Brady is married to her is because she considered one of (if not THE) hottest woman on the planet. I’m not down with gaunt, jagged, high cheekbone chicks but I know that floats many boats. When she gets older, what is the point of staying married to her? I wonder if he’s thought that far ahead……..

• PawlieKokonuts said, on February 6, 2012 at 6:14 pm

There are abundant straight lines there for me, but I will leave them for my manic little phone calls to you from the mall or while walking my dog or from Forbidden Planet.

• zumie said, on February 6, 2012 at 6:22 pm

I wonder if when she is sad, Brady ever says “Why the long face?” Yeah, I know that’s a cheap one.

20. DJLoo said, on February 6, 2012 at 5:55 pm

Anyone ever take a season off? Ignore baseball altogether? Too busy with other things like a chick, or the track, or heavy drugs? I may have had a year or two like that, but for so many years following the Giants was 75% box scores, so it wasn’t that life altering. This year I don’t feel like I can handle 2:00 AM 4-5 nights a week anymore…

• PawlieKokonuts said, on February 6, 2012 at 6:04 pm

Actually, that is an intriguing question. I can’t say I ever did take a season off altogether, deliberately or consciously. And that’s the operative word: “consciously.” Certainly there were parts of seasons when I was lost in a haze and baseball was a side note. For example, in 1974, my first visit to SF, I spent more time at Dino’s and in North Beach strip joints than at the Stick. I wanted to see and feel the notorious conditions of a night game at Candlestick, but I was, shall we say, distracted. But a whole season? I don’t think so. But, Loo, I do understand your last statement. I do indeed.

21. Flavor said, on February 6, 2012 at 6:02 pm

Loo—great question. no, I’ve never taken a baseball season off. I have taken Warrior seasons off (like this one) and there were a few Niner seasons (Erickson and Nolan) where i didn’t block out time to watch the games every week. If I was around, I’d watch. Otherwise I didn’t. Technically I have taken off the entire history of the Sharks franchise because I think hockey is boring.
    But baseball is different. It consumes my life for 6 months. A lot of that is fantasy baseball related. I usually have 3 or 4 teams going, a couple of leagues are pretty high stakes so the amount of info I need to keep up on is high. I don’t get to watch every Giants game, especially during the week. But I’ve never taken off a season or even a week of a baseball season.
    I give guys like you, Pawlie, MacDog, Bozo etc MAJOR props for staying up so late and following along. I get up between 4-5am every day so I just couldn’t roll that way……

• PawlieKokonuts said, on February 6, 2012 at 6:12 pm

Well, Magnus, we can’t help it, pretty much. At least that’s my answer. It’s like stalking some chick who dumped you years ago. How’s that for taking all the romance and sentimentality out of my fandom? And THAT is intriguing, too. This is admittedly OBNOXIOUS, but I’ll throw this out to you West Coast Giants fans, who have known them to be nothing else but the San Francisco Giants: Picture the Giants packing up and leaving for New York, or what the heck, make it Newark, New Jersey. How many would still be GIANTS fans? See? Not easy! (This is really not easy. This type of thing tortured me when the Giants almost moved to Toronto and then to Tampa-St. Pete. Ahhhhhh! Maybe that explains my simmering fascination with the Rays.)

• zumie said, on February 6, 2012 at 6:18 pm

If I remember correctly, about 30,000 people showed up to Tampa Bay’s last home playoff game against the Rangers last season. Yikes.

• PawlieKokonuts said, on February 6, 2012 at 6:55 pm

Zumie, they get notoriously low attendance. And surely by the time Longo hit his 2nd HR, against the Yanks, by eyewitness accounts, it may’ve been less than 20,000. But I will say this, my encounters with their fans have been terrific. They certainly have a core of loyal fans who are not front runners.

22. twinfan1 said, on February 6, 2012 at 6:19 pm

Only my prenatal and Navy years

• DJLoo said, on February 6, 2012 at 6:28 pm

My dad (and countless others) heard Thomson’s homer on Armed Forces Radio in Korea.

• twinfan1 said, on February 6, 2012 at 7:16 pm

I had no interest in baseball then, I didn’t really become interested again until I moved to SF in the 70s.

23. zumie said, on February 6, 2012 at 6:20 pm

By the way, one of the funniest things in sports was that the Sacramento River Cats outdrew their parent club, the A’s, some nights.

24. snarkk said, on February 6, 2012 at 6:20 pm

1997.
    I was in Houston, Texas.
    I barely even knew Kent was on the team and that they won the division…

25. Alleykat said, on February 6, 2012 at 6:52 pm

My pick for the best Giants 4 man rotation alltime if they were all pitching today on the team…..
    Marichal
    Perry
    Lincecum
    Cain
    With a strong offense they are easily close to 100 wins!

26. DJLoo said, on February 6, 2012 at 6:54 pm

Timmy’s hamburger story makes yahoo:

27. Brian said, on February 6, 2012 at 6:59 pm

I’ve never taken a season off from baseball. Hell, it’s the only game that is/was on radio virtually everyday in the summer. I always followed the Giants on the radio, since my dad had every game on, it seemed no matter where we were… In 1991, though, it seems like lots of Giants fans did take the season off. I drove up to a lot of games that summer from Fresno and remember 4000ish most times at Candlestick. I specifically remember one game: I had hooked-up with this German chick, I was 24 and she was 32. She was on holiday for a month in California. We had a torrid 2-weeker, which I’ll never, ever forget… Anyway, at the end of it, she was flying home from SF, so I thought it’d be fun to go to a Giants game. She’d never seen baseball before, and this game happend to be one of the many 4000ish crowds. We’d talked of Europeon soccer crowds, and I had bragged about being at Giants game where they threw batteries at an opposing player, anyone remember that game, Kirk Gibson ( my dad and I were at the game and I can’t remember the year, but didn’t that end the home-run shagging behind chain fence)… Well, she thought game sucked, the crowd was weak, and was boring (like soccer isn’t) and bragged that she’d seen someone shot and killed outside of a soccer game in Ireland and that throwing things wasn’t shit! DJLoo’s post got me thinking, anyway, a fond memory!

• Flavor said, on February 6, 2012 at 7:16 pm

excellent post, as usual Brian. The only thing that could have ended it better was if you went, “we went back and forth about the differences between soccer and baseball discussing the nuances and details of each game. Then, I took her home and fucked the bejesus out of her….The End”.
      ๐Ÿ™‚
      ๐Ÿ™‚
      ๐Ÿ™‚
      I have taken very few women baseball games over the years. Maybe 4 or 5. Back in 1987 I took my girlfriend to a night game. No one was there it was freezing ass cold, the wind was blowing like an absolute motherfucker and she was miserable. But, she and I were pretty baked (that was my single year experiment with pot, she smoked a lot of it and I tried it too (for the P).). Anyway, I fucked her in one of the stalls in the men’s bathroom (left field bleachers). The End.

• DJLoo said, on February 6, 2012 at 7:24 pm

You haven’t lived till you’ve done it on a diaper changing station…

• snarkk said, on February 6, 2012 at 10:43 pm

Now, THAT’s friggin’ romantic as hell, right there!
        Did the Gyros win?
        If yeah, with apologies to the Dubs, that’s what I call an absolute “great time out”…

28. SanDawg said, on February 6, 2012 at 7:05 pm

I’ve never taken off a baseball season. I quit following the American league about 10 years ago and now I basically don’t give a damn about anything that occurs outside the NL West. That being said, I’ve never blown off an SFG season since I became a fan.
    I stopped following the NBA closely years ago, but I remember in college someone telling me the Clippers were 5-0 (led by the late Derek Smith who I once shot pool with in a Sac-town nightclub) and I hadn’t even realized the NBA season had started. I was 21 and living in San Diego and just lost track of what was once important to me. I had always been a big NBA guy prior to then.
    I definitely would not have stayed with the Giants if they had moved to Tampa. If it was just moving to Tampa, I maybe would have stuck it out, but the strong rumor was that Lasorda was going to manage the team as his best buddy was the proposed owner. That was a total deal breaker for me. I know some of you think Tommy has redeeming qualities, but I don’t. I’ve caught his act in person a couple of times when the cameras aren’t rolling and I think he’s a big phony. If the prostate cancer deal didn’t get his ass on TV and radio, I doubt he’d be involved.

• Flavor said, on February 6, 2012 at 7:19 pm

I think, but obviously can’t be certain, that I would still have followed the Giants if they’d have moved to Florida. It’s tough, no internet or cable back then, it would have mostly been just following box scores. If it happened today it would be easy to do. Many of my closest friends who’ve moved away to different parts of the country say it’s no different at all being a Giants fan from another state.

29. DJLoo said, on February 6, 2012 at 7:20 pm

I’d say 74-77 were my least involved years. The glory days of the 3 M’s were over and it seemed like they were always 20 games out by June 1st. Plus lots of other stuff going on back then….

• DJLoo said, on February 6, 2012 at 7:32 pm

Namely a 4-legged locomotive named Forego…

• Flavor said, on February 6, 2012 at 7:34 pm

yes. what did you do with Forego again? I honestly can’t remember what you did.

• DJLoo said, on February 6, 2012 at 7:45 pm

Anything my old buddy Shotgun Hampton told me. Mostly aimed a hose at his left front leg…

• Flavor said, on February 6, 2012 at 8:07 pm

Loo, is Shotgun Hampton the dude who had your back if anyone fucked with you? I like the nicknames of your friends from your past….

• DJLoo said, on February 6, 2012 at 8:18 pm

Shotgun was Forego’s groom. You’re thinking of Buzzsaw Rodriguez. And you might recall me mentioning my old girlfriend who my pals nicknamed “Mooseface Moran”. Brooklyn was big on nicknames…

• Flavor said, on February 6, 2012 at 8:24 pm

what’d they call you?

30. Brian said, on February 6, 2012 at 7:22 pm

LOL Flavor. I hope it wasn’t over one of the horse-troph urinals

• Flavor said, on February 6, 2012 at 7:40 pm

negative, but it WAS in one of those bathrooms with the trough. I was a perfect gentleman as I hurriedly shuffled her into one of the back stalls. No one came in during this encounter. There are what, maybe 50 bathrooms at Candlestick? There might have been 50 people at the game (ok, exaggerated). I’m guessing your wife would find this blog, impossibly, even more idiotic than she already thought before my romantic recollection from my youth. Ah, Summer love, lol

31. twinfan1 said, on February 6, 2012 at 7:29 pm

I used to catch some Pirate’s games on the car radio (barely) after we moved to Minnesota. Took me a couple years to really embrace the Twins.

32. DJLoo said, on February 6, 2012 at 7:47 pm

Fuck winning the Super Bowl. Jeremy Lin is the king of New York…

• willieD said, on February 6, 2012 at 8:12 pm

pride of flav’s alma mater Palo alto HS. good timing too, because I think anyone on the roster in another week gets full season money.

33. Brian said, on February 6, 2012 at 7:57 pm

Well, what my wife finds idiotic, I usually find fucking hilarious, a good balance mostly. I’m not sure she’d appreciate such a tender moment at the stick, but I sure do, Happy Valentines Day!

34. Flavor said, on February 6, 2012 at 8:04 pm

Lin went to my high school (Paly)—that’s a big deal around here where the last Paly high grad to make it big in pro sports was probably Harbaugh. He’s still a legend around town–I was so happy when the W’s picked him up and just figured that he wasn’t ever going to make it in the NBA when they released him. He probably still won’t but what a single-game out of the blue performance he had for the Knicks tonight–
    He was born in ’88, the year after I banged Kathy in a bathroom stall at Candlestick. –Had to throw that in just in case Brian’s wife was peeking over his shoulder. Her true belief in the integrity (or lack thereof) of this blog must remain undisturbed)….. ๐Ÿ™‚

• DJLoo said, on February 6, 2012 at 8:22 pm

Had a big one Saturday too, Flav. 2 in a row!

• Flavor said, on February 6, 2012 at 8:31 pm

I was knee deep in 14 hours of poker Sat night. I didn’t see it or hear about it. What I did see, around 4am, was my arch nemesis wandering out of the poker room at the El Dorado, felted by yours truly Big Flavor. I played that fuck for 14 straight hours at a no limit cash table, among other players, and though he rivered me several times, I always fought back (never having to re-buy). At 4am I finally took him down. I know this post now has nothing to do with baseball or Lin or anything remotely related to this blog. But I just can’t stop seeing that fuck stumble off into the darkness after felting him. He did wear a Warrior’s cap but couldn’t name a single player on the team when it became clear he knew jackshit about basketball and I asked him to name a single player on the team (he said Mark Jackson after about 5 seconds of thoughtful consideration). My dislike of him grew from that moment……….

35. DJLoo said, on February 6, 2012 at 8:32 pm

POTD reads like a suicide note…

• Flavor said, on February 6, 2012 at 8:36 pm

almost everything you write makes me lol and that’s no joke. Maybe you should get into “professional suicide note writing”— you could make an awful moment slightly easier to tolerate……..

36. Flavor said, on February 6, 2012 at 8:39 pm

“A guy walks into a bar, and boy does it hurt!….. Did you hear the one about the guy who lost all hope and decided to blow his brains out?” Well, um….. yeah, maybe there isn’t quite the market out there that I thought there was for this gig……..

• Flavor said, on February 6, 2012 at 8:42 pm

of course, it’s also totally plausible that I have no idea how to write a funny suicide note……..

• PawlieKokonuts said, on February 6, 2012 at 8:50 pm

it’s called The Collected Works of Woody Allen and Kurt Vonnegut, Jr., more or less

37. PawlieKokonuts said, on February 6, 2012 at 8:48 pm

The feckin things I learn here: DJLoo’s memorable neighborhood nicknames that could be straight out of a Pete Hamill column [met him at Elaine’s, Loo; great guy; his memoir “A Drinking Life” is all about Bwooklyn; I’m now reading “Wait Till Next Year” by Doris Kearns Goodwin and her Crooklyn Dodgers] and “felt” as a verb. “Felt” as verb whose sense I could only imagine. I’m trying to unite it in my fantasy understanding of Magnus’s Big Night in the stall, as in: “He felted her like there was no tomorrow, felted her brains out, till she screamed equations in Chinese Scandinavian.” I admit to feeling like I’ve missed something all these years. I’ve never felted anyone, no way, no how.

• Big flavor said, on February 6, 2012 at 9:08 pm

Well, I never knew there was another definition but I hear you, *felted* is a fantastic word. Sadly, as long as it took me to felt Warrior Hat Wearer” it took me the opposite amount of time (whatever the opposite of 14 hours is) to felt the fair Kathleen…..

• Big flavor said, on February 6, 2012 at 9:09 pm

And knowing you, you would have been disgusted with this fuck who wore a hat of a team he knew nothing about…

38. PawlieKokonuts said, on February 6, 2012 at 8:52 pm

Ya gotta hand it to Flap Nation. On ostensibly the slowest night in sports of the year, we yuck it up with whatever we got.

• Big flavor said, on February 6, 2012 at 9:03 pm

Yes, you nailed it. By the way, what do I win if I’m the first person to buy the e-book?

39. twinfan1 said, on February 6, 2012 at 9:10 pm

I don’t know about suicide notes but my Dad used to read us some of his “fan” mail. Favorites were ones that go off on what a scumball lowlife homer pig he was- signing off with-
    “All my best”