A Place To Talk About Giants Baseball

The Blanco Train is Officially Out of Control

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on March 15, 2012

Hey, I’m down with Gregor Blanco. If the baseball thing doesn’t work out he’s ready to roll as a bull fighter with that great name. Maybe he teams up with *Fab Melo* on some pay-per-view project. And I can say with near certainty that the official fan club, and I’m talking about in the world, started here at this blog by our own Bozo the Clown. So we here at The Flap have been in Blanco’s corner before pretty much anyone else…..

But Bruce Bochy’s comments about him yesterday were bordering on the absurd…….

“He can be a great starter, too,” Bochy said. “With those tools — I’m not going to pencil him in, but the player that you see is young and I’m sure at some point in his career he’s going to be starting.”

OK, first of all, this is a career minor leaguer.

I’n not sure if Bochy was paying attention to the question or even the answer that he delivered, but this guy is not considered *young* he’s older than Brett Pill. He’s got not power and he doesn’t hit for average. Bad combo. His best minor league OPS year was his FIRST minor league season: .776. That was in 2002. And he batted .201 in 252 minor league at bats in 2011. I suggested a few weeks ago that this mind blowingly bad batting average could have been due to a hidden injury. But even still, .201 in the minor leagues is….just….not….good…….

I’ll be both mildly amused and moderately supportive if Blanco makes the team as our utility outfielder. I like speed and he’s got speed.

But if Gregor Blanco is ever starting for us for an extended period of time, we have some enormous problems on our hands………

1. Alleykat said, on March 15, 2012 at 7:05 am

Agree Flav,…You don’t hang around 10 yrs in the minors if your on the fast track to the show.Boch is pumping him up big time,but again that’s his job..
    Yeah Bingo’s numbers don’t stand out except OBP career .357 i’ll take that for a season.He.s not a srarter but a sparkplug off the bench for sure and should make the team.Love his speed.,and along with Melky and Pagan it will be exciting for the first time other then Torres to watch this team run and steal some bags.

2. Bozo said, on March 15, 2012 at 7:14 am

I think Bingo Blanco just needed some support. It sure seems to me that he’s getting a long look this spring so what the Giants have in mind could be anyone’s guess at this time. Again, I was absolutely pissed that he was the only OFer they went and picked up, but they did and now that he’s a Giant, he’s my guy.

I don’t think I’ve ever rooted against one of our guys while he was playing for us, there have been quite a few “prove me wrong ” kinda guys over the years though. Some guys I will pull for more than others and I’m not always sure why. I don’t think it’s a contract thing for me, some folks say we’re paying Freddy Sanchez too much but I love the guy. Aaron Rowand, not so much. Injury marred time with the Giants? I don’t think that comes into play for me, I didn’t like Dave Roberts but loved DeRosa, actually kinda admire the guy. So I’m not sure what it is with me.

And on Rowand, I’m actually rooting for him to beat out Scott Cousins (who hurt us more last year than Aaron did) but otherwise I won’t be following his career much. This is what Aaron said to the Miami Herald last month about Pac Bell.

“Physically, it’s a difficult park to hit in,” Rowand said. “It gets you mentally, too. The gaps in that place are 404 in left-center and 421 in right-center, and because it’s only 309 down the line, the right fielder doesn’t play straight up. He plays in right-center. So when you hit line drives to right field or right-center field that you think are base hits and they end up outs, mentally you kind of feel like there’s no hits for me over there, and you start getting into bad habits.”

• big flavor said, on March 15, 2012 at 7:50 am

when exactly did Rowand hit any line drives to the outfield? Was he just talking about line drives he saw his teammates hit out there?

• snarkk said, on March 15, 2012 at 12:46 pm

Rohand, now moonlighting as a standup, er, crouching comedian…

3. St said, on March 15, 2012 at 7:15 am

Comparisons to Torres, who hung around the minors for 12 yrs before 2010 are sure to be floated. Andres did hit a bit more in the minors and showed more power, but who knows? Another great story if he were to make a splash. He’s 20-1 morning line and logically there’s no way he wins, but speed is always dangerous as they say at the track.

• big flavor said, on March 15, 2012 at 7:51 am

Torres had a medical reason that hindered his success in the major leagues. I’m not sure GB can come up with a reason for why he’s been in the minors for almost a decade.

4. blade3colorado said, on March 15, 2012 at 7:26 am

“. . . I’m actually rooting for him to beat out Scott Cousins (who hurt us more last year than Aaron did) . . .”

I hadn’t even thought about that John – excellent observation (only a Clown would see this angle . . . grin).

• big flavor said, on March 15, 2012 at 7:52 am

don’t forget, “once you go clown, there’s never a frown….” LQTM

• Bozo said, on March 15, 2012 at 8:49 am

Hey, that’s my line.

5. blade3colorado said, on March 15, 2012 at 7:59 am

And I thought that only applied to women. Silly me.

6. willieD said, on March 15, 2012 at 8:02 am

good for blanco…maybe he pushes nate a little further down the bench, since he can play every spot in OF. Juan Uribe wasn’t too highly thought of when SF signed him and look how that turned out.
    As for rowand, he can rationalize all he wants about the park. Whatever….it was up to him to figure out how to hit here, and by the time the seasons ended the truth was obvious, despite the 500 sweat fueled swings in the cage pre game that left his hands bleeding yadda yadda reports we used to hear from Kruk. For all the good that did.
    All props to whomever it was (nukes, imo) who finally had the cojones to release him. His career here was not without its accomplishments, but it was past time for him to take his gamer look somewhere else.
    He will also forever be on the list of guys in the box score with the line “GITP.”

• ewisco said, on March 15, 2012 at 8:26 am

I caught up on yesterdays thread with it’s many references to Rowand and thought I’d leap in. I’ve been coaching little league and Pony baseball for the past several years and have had access to many of the really good college and high school coaches in the area (including Ron Wotus!) so I don’t think I fall into the “average fan” catagory. I’ve been really fascinated with hitting, as I think that if my boys can hit, they’ll find a place for them to play. Rowands problem, imho, starts with his stance. NOT because it looks funny but because, if you watch, he starts in that absurd crouch but as the ball comes in, he stands up, into a very normal hitting stance. The issue is now he’s got too many things in motion: his lower body, his hands and most importantly, his head/eyes. Watch a clip of Barry hitting. he is very still and calm in the box. Rowand’s issue is that when you’re young, and maybe hitting in a bandbox like the phils stadium, you can get away with some flaws. He’s got very fast hands and excellent hand/eye control. But as you get older, that starts to slip and so the results start to taper off. And all of the practice swings didn’t help as he was simply re-inforcing his bad habit. I’m sure that his hitting coaches all tried to make that point and my issue with rowand was his refusal to change. He MOVES to a good hitting stance! Why not just start there?? Then all your doing is moving to the ball. Head still. Quiet lower body. Throw the hands and drive into the ball. He did have some big hits for the giants including opening day last year. You just can’t hit consistently with that approach. end of treatise.

• twinfan1 said, on March 15, 2012 at 9:35 am

‘You just can’t hit consistently with that approach.” So how are his big years explained? And his hitting before the break in his first two years here ?
        I’ve always pointed out what a hitting instructor can and can’t do- breaking down a batting stance is one they CAN do. I’ll trust them, sorry. Fact is- there is/was nothing wrong with Rowand- his first two years here he hit right to about to his career numbers. After that, I suspect the beating he gave his body tooik it’s toll. None of this had anything to do with his batting stance.

• ewisco said, on March 15, 2012 at 10:32 am

I think i mentioned that when you’re young and hitting in a bandbox you can compensate for things. Anyway, that’s my two bits.

7. EdGdsnInExile said, on March 15, 2012 at 8:37 am

As I posted when we took him on, I like the game Blanco presents–high OBA and stolen bases–and where that fits with the Giants approach (generally lacking in these areas). I like too that he seems to have found his ‘game’–the majors are littered with 5’8″ guys swinging for the fences–self-knowledge to me indicates some maturity. Granted the record is all minor league at this point, but as others of you have pointed out, he might be a find.

• twinfan1 said, on March 15, 2012 at 9:54 am

It’s not all minor league, he has played 253 major league games with a .258 BA and .358 OBP.

• EdGdsnInExile said, on March 15, 2012 at 8:31 pm

Well, that’s what I remembered–but apparently didn’t read Flav’s post carefully or bother to double-check at B-R. That’s why I was so impressed with the OBA!

8. willieD said, on March 15, 2012 at 9:01 am

It will more likely never happen, but i always thought bonds could help Giants hitters, from the dugout and in BP. The Dodgers talked about how just being around Manny when he was first there made them all better. In the Aaron bio, couple of his teammates talked about how at the end of his career in ATL, he knew exactly what pitchers were going to throw in his ABs with unfailing accuracy.
    I think the top hitters just have a mental edge in everything they do, along with the ability to make their thoughts and plans come through in the box through years of honing their mechanics. In his book with bob gibson, reggie jax talks about taking a half step off the plate as he got older because he couldn’t jack inside pitches the same way he did when he was younger.
    Hitting is a fascinating science, esp when you consider all the game time situations you have to deal with, from the park to the individual pitcher, the ump, score, men on, defense, et al.

9. big flavor said, on March 15, 2012 at 9:09 am

Attention Pawlie Kokonuts, Chuck, and GiantHead: you three are dueling for the dumbass award. I might just give it to all three of you. Can you guys join the fantasy league already? I want to get the date set for the auto draft before Blade soils himself.
    🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂

• blade3colorado said, on March 15, 2012 at 11:14 am

If not for the five smiley faces, I would be contacting my psychiatrist for an appointment . . . umm, you were being facetious, right?

10. twinfan1 said, on March 15, 2012 at 9:10 am

I’m not sure what happened in 2011, but Craig did leave out that he has a .358 MLB OBP in 2009 and 2010 in the bigs. Plus he’s a solid defender. I wouldn’t be surprised at all if he supplanted Pagan soon, he gets on base and he won’t give away runs in the field.

• big flavor said, on March 15, 2012 at 9:13 am

aren’t there some posts from you guaranteeing that he’s starting in Fresno this year?

• big flavor said, on March 15, 2012 at 9:22 am

here it is. I’m just saying, if you’re gonna bag on Pagan you should do it with someone else, right?

twinfan1 said, on March 4, 2012 at 9:14 am (Edit)
        Another interesting thing about the list, and I’ll use the 2011 list- most of these guys really aren’t very good. And it would appear that Gregor will be performing his magic in Fresno.

• twinfan1 said, on March 15, 2012 at 9:38 am

That was based on their position that Huff, Belt, and Pill would be the reserve OFers.

• twinfan1 said, on March 15, 2012 at 9:40 am

“Appear”, BTW, is not a synonym for “guarantee”. And a 27 YO with 2 years in the bigs is not a “career minor leaguer”

• twinfan1 said, on March 15, 2012 at 10:14 am

Like many of the Latins, he was young when nsigned- 17 in his case. Even Pablo spent 6 years in the minors.

• DJLoo said, on March 15, 2012 at 9:16 am

Maybe we should try to trade Pagan to the Mets for Andres Torres…

• willieD said, on March 15, 2012 at 9:29 am

so we can add in anybody but pagan to your anyone is a better option than crawford list? You and bochy don’t appear to be on the same page…maybe he’ll come around and see the light.

• twinfan1 said, on March 15, 2012 at 9:51 am

Where does Pagan fit in with the SS position? And I kinda think that who ends playing SS for most of this year is hardly decided.If you think it will be Crawford, just say so. I’ve stated the opinion that he won’t hit and and won’t hold the job long. Among baseball people, that’s hardly a roque opinion.

• twinfan1 said, on March 15, 2012 at 12:30 pm

You seem to have missed that the poll you have referred to was an example of a biased poll, where a person supporting Crawford has no opportunity to do so.
        “How long will Crawford retain the SS position?
        1. One Day
        2. One Week
        3. One Month
        4. He will not it retain it at all, he will be optioned to Fresno
        As you can see, there is no option for a commenter to voice the opinion that Crawford will win and keep the job. That is an example of me rigging the poll to my POV.” (twinfan1 said, on March 10, 2012 at 5:27 pm)
        I’m not saying this trash Craig’s poll, I’m pointing that it would have been dishonest of me if I ran that poll on Crawford. I think Crawford is crap but I have never and would never begrudge anyone a differing opinion.

11. big flavor said, on March 15, 2012 at 9:12 am

I have set the auto draft date:
    Draft Date
    Sunday, March 25, 2012 at 5:00 AM ET
    Pretty please with fuckin sugar on top, make a note of it…….

• Nipper said, on March 15, 2012 at 10:10 am

“fuckin sugar”

12. TedSpe said, on March 15, 2012 at 9:54 am

But even still, .201 in the minor leagues is….just….not….good…….
    ————————————————————————————-
    Very…..well…..put

• twinfan1 said, on March 15, 2012 at 10:12 am

It isn’t, obviously. I studied his numbers, it seems I’m the only who noticed over 250 games in the bigs. Hard to see any reason that was left out if it was seen. Even at .201, however, his OBP was .350. And I’ve pointed out his major league OBP- .358..
      As Pavlovic noted when Bochy said he’d be starting at some point in his career:
      “Nobody around here would be surprised if “some point” comes this season.”

• big flavor said, on March 15, 2012 at 10:22 am

you’re the only one who noticed?
        I wrote a fucking main thread about the guy (and his major league numbers) on March 6th….

• ewisco said, on March 15, 2012 at 10:34 am

“Houston, we have ignition”

• twinfan1 said, on March 15, 2012 at 10:36 am

OK, I still don’t undersatand why you would leave them out today. They are totally relevant as to whether he might make the team.

• twinfan1 said, on March 15, 2012 at 10:46 am

No, Eric. I’ve honored the deal Craig and I made about not attacking other posters. If there’s a fight, it would be one sided.
        What Bochy is showing with his support for Blanco, is the sign of a thinking man who can change mind when circumstances dictate it. There’s a lot more to what Bochy about him, BTW. Check out the huge portion of Pav’s blog on Blanco

13. big flavor said, on March 15, 2012 at 10:46 am

I left them out because I’ve already discussed them. I’d never posted his minor league stats before, that’s why I did so today. It’s a much larger body of work to consider.

• twinfan1 said, on March 15, 2012 at 11:13 am

I include Craig, BTW, as one who can and does change his mind. This is no criticism, it’s praise. For example, a month ago, before he came to his senses, he agreed completely with what I’ve posted about Belt and Huff, and to a lesser degree, Crawford.
      “What’s more likely to happen, Crawford holds the SS position till at least June 15th or Belt scores a starting 1-bag job out of ST? I think Belt has more of a shot than many think to win the first base job out of ST. And if Nate doesn’t hit and Huff and Belt do, Nate could find himself super-subbing to start the season. For the sake of the poll, I’ll just say Belt starting ANYWHERE Opening Day since he could score and OF starting job, I guess…”

• Nipper said, on March 15, 2012 at 11:28 am

Twin praises BF! News at Eleven!

14. Bozo said, on March 15, 2012 at 11:02 am

To quote Nipper twice today (once on BBOTD and now here), if Blanco makes the team it’s “fuckin sugar”

• twinfan1 said, on March 15, 2012 at 11:21 am

If the roster was set today, he’s a mortal lock, IMO. This is why he’ll make the team:
      “The non-roster invitee drew a walk in the bottom of the first and stunned the Indians by going first-to-third on a hit-and-run groundout to first base. Blanco scored a batter later on Pablo Sandoval’s soft groundout to the left side. If you’re keeping track at home, Blanco also went first-to-third on a wild pitch earlier this spring.”
      They need that more than Aaron Rowand’s PH replacement…

• Bozo said, on March 15, 2012 at 12:08 pm

And I think he’s 6 for 7 in the SB department. He’s fast but also knows how to steal a base which isn’t always the case.

15. blade3colorado said, on March 15, 2012 at 11:21 am

Not quite certain this was a typo (5am) or not . . . Also, why do we have to note an “auto-draft???” Do we have to be there at that God forsaken time?

“I have set the auto draft date:
    Draft Date
    Sunday, March 25, 2012 at 5:00 AM ET
    Pretty please with fuckin sugar on top, make a note of it…….”

• big flavor said, on March 15, 2012 at 11:25 am

that’s for all the guys from last year who didn’t set their draft lists in time.

• Bozo said, on March 15, 2012 at 4:57 pm

Oh yeah, Dodger Dog Dennis being one.

16. TedSpe said, on March 15, 2012 at 12:08 pm

Big ol’ byline in today’s SFChronicle emphasizing the Warriors commitment to keeping Stephen Jackson, how he’ll be playing every position except for center, how excited Mark Jackson is to have him on the team….uh huh

17. unca_chuck said, on March 15, 2012 at 12:09 pm

Flav. I’m in some kind of Catch 22 thing here. I can get into my teawm, but it won’t let me access it because it says I’m not a member. When I sign in, i can’t find your league on the list of leagues. So, even though I’m logged in, it says I’m not logged in. When I log in again, I can’t find your league.

18. twinfan1 said, on March 15, 2012 at 12:09 pm

Rotoworld, normally a reliable site, has the Giants’ depth chart listed. None of the selections are different than we’d expect, except SS, where they’re listing Theriot #1. Not saying they’re right, yet, as we’ve heard nothing about that. It’s just interesting, if you’re the curious type…
    Today’s Rowand report: he’s out of the LU after starting the last few games. But Miami made roster cuts today, and he’s still on the team. I don’t think he’ll make it, BTW. After he’s cut, I’ll try to find out where he’s tending bar so those in the area can heckle him in person.

19. unca_chuck said, on March 15, 2012 at 12:10 pm

I heard Cap’t jack was going to be traded to Philly . . .

• big flavor said, on March 15, 2012 at 12:14 pm

i think he’s going to SA for R-Jefferson

• TedSpe said, on March 15, 2012 at 12:31 pm

That’s correct

20. twinfan1 said, on March 15, 2012 at 12:41 pm

The media here is saying that Ellis was the guy to go all along, yet Peter Vecsey at the New York Post, reported that the deal was to be Robin Lopez ( acquired from the Suns) and Curry for Bogut but the Bucks pulled out because of Curry’s ankle issues…
    Vecsey has been the Post’s NBA columnist since 1976.

21. snarkk said, on March 15, 2012 at 12:53 pm

I’m OK with Blanco so far, he’s sure showing better than his career stats, those had me doubting him when they signed the guy and I looked at ’em. That is a bit scary since it is ST, but what else is there? A guy like Blanco just shows again how far down the dumper the SF farm system has been. Usually, its easiest to stock your system with outfielders, it’s not as tough to find guys for those positions as it is for skilled infielders. The fact that the Giants will probably take a guy from outside, a career mediocrity, at best, as their 4th OFer, and have nobody, nobody from the AA or AAA level ready to be a credible 4th OFer even 6 years after Bonds left — is an indictment on how badly the farm system had been managed before the recent years’ uptick…

• twinfan1 said, on March 15, 2012 at 1:42 pm

Well, both his performance and why he was in AAA in 2011 in the first place is a mystery…since he hit .283 with a .360 OBP in 2010 in the majors. This is his 4th organization since 2008, there has to be an issue or issues with a guy who has better lead off cred than any player on the roster. I can’t find a clue on it, maybe he’s a troublemaker.

• snarkk said, on March 15, 2012 at 1:50 pm

Let’s hope it’s an organizational “fit” thing that’s blocked him, but at his age, you do have to wonder if there’s a nagging issue underneath. I’ve barely seen a few clips of him this ST, but the dude can flat motor like Ford, plus he’s got real skills on top of the speed…

22. Kevin said, on March 15, 2012 at 1:35 pm

Craig, for some reason wordpress logged me out. Don’t know if I cleared some cookies or what, but as you can see I am back in.

• snarkk said, on March 15, 2012 at 1:37 pm

Me, too. I’ve had to log in to get the post to work. Same thing on Chuck’s blog. Weird, that’s never happened before…

• Nipper said, on March 15, 2012 at 2:20 pm

Bite their ankles…

• blade3colorado said, on March 15, 2012 at 3:04 pm

Me too . . . No biggie really, except if you have written something and have forgotten to log in, then you lose what you have written.

23. snarkk said, on March 15, 2012 at 2:33 pm

The Monta/Bogut thing just got better. Capn Jack got traded to San Antone for Richard Jefferson and the Spurs 1st round pick THIS year. This must all have been sewed up in advance — and because it is looking smarter on the back end — has Jerry West’s hands all over it. Get a big man, with risk, by trading your best player, but then get a first round pick at the back end to sweeten it up. Though it’ll be a lower first rounder, it’s still good in a deep draft. If the Dubs tank and get into the top 7, things will really look promising with two picks in the first round — as long as West is in on the draft picks. They’ve finally smartened up and let the adult into the war room. I remember years and years ago when Jerry was still playing late in his career, and I was a kid, I saw him play in a pro-am golf tourney. I can still see it — he wore khaki type slacks and a pink sweater. Yeah, pink. And, he was hitting persimmon woods that looked like they had been polished for a decade. He had a tan, was tall and slim, and looked like a bronzed god. Not to mention he smoked his drives over 300 yards. Hard to fathom that a guy like that has had depression issues over the years. The dude could ball, and has been hands down the best BB exec since Auerbach. The Logo…

• Kevin said, on March 15, 2012 at 3:04 pm

From what I have read the fans and the guys on KNBR, are saying Monta wasn’t exactly and elite defender of any kind and they liked the trade. of course that is just what heard this morning

• Alleykat said, on March 15, 2012 at 6:18 pm

Sure the depression issues did’t start until he joined the Dubs Snarkk?

24. unca_chuck said, on March 15, 2012 at 3:11 pm

Well, with S-Jax gone, I’m better with the trade, esp with the 1st rounder attached to it.

Ellis could play defense when motivated to. He just never gave it too much effort.

25. big flavor said, on March 15, 2012 at 3:21 pm

we got a 1st round pick from SA, too? That’s insane. But excellent.

26. twinfan1 said, on March 15, 2012 at 3:41 pm

It’s looking like a good trade with the latest news. But fans trashing Monta is just wrong. He wasn’t an elite defender? Gee, that’s unsual among dynamic scorers…he’s been about the only reason to watch the team for most of his time here… Thanks Monta, and best of luck wherever you land…

• unca_chuck said, on March 15, 2012 at 4:28 pm

Yeah, it’ll be a late pick, but still a 1st rounder.

I ain’t trashing Ellis. He’s a great player. He’s a scorer. He plays defense sometimes. Not a big revelation there, Mike.

Sure. he’s been lost in the shuffle among all the other guys.

I wish him nothing but the best.

• twinfan1 said, on March 15, 2012 at 4:32 pm

Never said you did trash him. The reference was more to what Kevin reported.

• snarkk said, on March 15, 2012 at 4:36 pm

The parting was due. Monta was the best Dub, he was tired of the constant trade rumors and was clearly happy to leave. The Dubs needed to do something to blow up the status quo, and Monta was the best card to play since nobody wants to buy Curry’s hamburger ankle. The Dubs may have been done with Monta, too. The moped incident was the start. Then, Monta publicly dissed Curry and said he couldn’t play with him when they drafted him. The latest thing was Monta’s sexual harassment situation, no doubt not the best PR for the organization. So, the trade is probably a win win for both Monta and the Dubs from many perspectives. Whether it’s a win for the Dubs from a basketball POV — we’ll have to wait til next year to find out…

27. Sierra Nevada said, on March 15, 2012 at 4:00 pm

Since I don’t really know j-shite on Blanco, I got nuttin to say about him. I look forward to finding out if he can make the team, and if so, if he can contribute in the regular season.

But just to make conversation, I am gonna try to find out what it is about Crawford that you don’t like, twin. Now, ever since the debacle of me defending Whiteside against you a few years ago I know better than to argue with you. But could you tell me what is it, specifically, about Crawford’s hitting (I am assuming that you find him acceptable defensively) that makes you sure that he is never going to cut it?

28. twinfan1 said, on March 15, 2012 at 4:21 pm

Hi. Crawford has never hit above .258 other than in A ball. That was in Connecticut in 2009. Actually I considered that somewhat encouraging until he regressed at the same level, hitting .241 at Richmond in 2010…
    I don’t recall arguing with you about Eli, we were ahead of the pack, I guess. I don’t think there would be shortage of folks to argue with you about him now 😉
    BTW, unlike some, when I say I hope I’m wrong, I actually mean it.I know I’ll get a lot of grief if I’m wrong but that grief is well down on my list of major concerns.
    Anyway, I enjoy your posts..

29. zumie said, on March 15, 2012 at 4:31 pm

The good news: Giants are on TV tonight.
    The bad news: It’s a Zito start.
    Every rose has its thorn, as an awful ’80s hairband sang. And of course, that’s being redundant. We know the hairbands were awful. Just saying ” ’80s hairband” is good enough.

• Flavor said, on March 15, 2012 at 4:36 pm

Are you kidding? I’m totally gonna watch that start. I want to see this new *crouching* delivery.

• snarkk said, on March 15, 2012 at 4:44 pm

Crouching Zito, Hiding Wins…

• DJLoo said, on March 15, 2012 at 4:41 pm

Say what you want Zumie, but my new Nikki Sixx hairstyle has been a rousing success.

30. Flavor said, on March 15, 2012 at 4:34 pm

I don’t mind Crawford at SS batting 8th as long as Whitey isn’t down the order next to him. You just can’t have three automatic outs in a row.
    I like his swing, too. If he stops trying to pull everything, he might hit .250 and I would take that in a heartbeat…….

• twinfan1 said, on March 15, 2012 at 4:59 pm

If he hits .250, the NL West race is over.

31. blade3colorado said, on March 15, 2012 at 4:47 pm

Any idea what time the game is on? I wonder if the Kostaz internet thingy will work?

• Del Mar Dennis said, on March 15, 2012 at 4:54 pm

7:00 PM PDT.

• blade3colorado said, on March 15, 2012 at 5:08 pm

Thank you Dennis.

• Bozo said, on March 15, 2012 at 5:30 pm

I hate that, it’s ST for fucks sake. I’m not in shape for 10ET games yet

32. Del Mar Dennis said, on March 15, 2012 at 4:56 pm

How is everyone’s bracket? I’m off to a perfect 8-0 start [knock on wood].

It pays to be a chalk eating weasel. At least so far…

• blade3colorado said, on March 15, 2012 at 5:09 pm

Shit. Almost forgot about March Madness . . . Need to check.

• Bozo said, on March 15, 2012 at 5:32 pm

I’m at 6

33. zumie said, on March 15, 2012 at 5:05 pm

Loo, I didn’t know who Nikki Sixx was. I looked him up on Wikipedia. Man, that’s…..some biography. I hate his band Motley Crue, but I’m glad he seems to have gotten his life together.
    “Nikki Sixx was born Frank Carlton Serafino Feranna, Jr. on December 11, 1958 in San Jose, California. He is of Italian-American ancestry on his father’s side. Sixx was partially raised by his single mother, Deana Richards, and by his grandparents after his father left the family. Nikki later moved in with his grandparents after his mother abandoned him. Sixx relocated several times while living with his grandparents.
    While living in Jerome, Idaho, Sixx became a teenage vandal, breaking into neighbors’ homes, shoplifting, and being expelled from school for selling drugs. His grandparents sent him to live with his mother, who had moved to Seattle. He lived there for a short time, and learned how to play the bass guitar having bought his first instrument with money gained from selling a prior guitar he had stolen.
    At the age of 17, he moved to Los Angeles and began various jobs such as working at a liquor store and selling vacuums over the phone while he auditioned for bands. He eventually joined the group Sister, led by Blackie Lawless,[20] after answering an ad in the Recycler for a bass player.[21] Soon after recording a demo, Sixx was fired from Sister[21] along with bandmate Lizzie Grey.[3]

Sixx and Grey formed the group London soon afterwards, in 1978.[3][21] During this time, he legally changed his name to Nikki Sixx.[1][21] After a number of lineup changes, London added former Mott the Hoople singer Nigel Benjamin to the group recording a 16-track demo in Burbank.[21] After the departure of Benjamin, along with the failure to find a replacement, Sixx departed London.[21] The group would go on to feature Sixx’s former Sister band mate Blackie Lawless (later of W.A.S.P.),[21] Izzy Stradlin (then of Hollywood Rose, later of Guns N’ Roses) and drummer Fred Coury (later of Cinderella).[3]

In 2000, a number of the London demos recorded with Sixx were included on London Daze by Spiders & Snakes, led by former London guitarist Lizzie Grey.[3]

[edit] Mötley Crüe (1981–present)Main article: Mötley Crüe
    In 1981, Sixx founded Mötley Crüe with drummer Tommy Lee, later being joined by guitarist Mick Mars through an ad in the local newspaper he was reading, then by singer Vince Neil with whom Tommy had attended high school.[1][7] The band decided to self-record their debut album, Too Fast for Love, which was subsequently released in November 1981 on the band’s own Leathür Records label.[1] After signing with Elektra Records they re-released the album.[1] The band then went on to record and release Shout at the Devil, raising the band to national fame.[1][7] They issued two more albums, Theatre of Pain in 1985 and Girls, Girls, Girls in 1987,[1][7] followed by Dr. Feelgood in September 1989.

Unlike his bandmates, Nikki Sixx became addicted to heroin. Nikki Sixx, from The Heroin Diaries: “Alcohol, acid, cocaine… they were just affairs. When I met heroin it was true love.” He estimates he overdosed “about half a dozen times”.[1][22]

On the night of December 23, 1987, Sixx was declared dead for two minutes after a heroin overdose, only to be revived by paramedics with two adrenaline shots to the heart[1] (this incident was the inspiration for the song “Kickstart My Heart”).[7] In an interview, Sixx states that after he was declared dead, the ambulance arrived and one of the paramedics in the ambulance was a Mötley Crüe fan. “Apparently, the paramedic took one look at me and said, ‘No one’s gonna die in my ambulance.'” He also recalled having an out of body experience while being revived. When Nikki came to in the hospital, he ripped the tubes out of his nose and escaped into the parking lot where two girl fans gave him a ride home wearing just a pair of leather pants. At the time, Nikki’s near death experience did not do much to change his ways. Not long after returning home, he shot up in his bathroom and passed out until the next morning, where he found the needle he had used the night before still dangling from his arm. On an earlier trip to London, Sixx overdosed at a dealer’s house and the dealer apparently tried to beat the life back into him with a bat. Afterward, the dealer dumped Sixx into a nearby dumpster. Sixx recounted the incident in The Heroin Diaries: A Year in the Life of a Shattered Rock Star, saying, “I had overdosed in London exactly a year earlier: Valentine’s Day 1986. We had played the Hammersmith Odeon”.[23]

This incident was the inspiration behind the lyric “Valentine’s in London, found me in the trash” from the Mötley Crüe song “Dancing on Glass”.

Nikki Sixx and Mick Mars performing onstage with Mötley Crüe, on June 14, 2005 in Glasgow, ScotlandSoon after his overdose, he and his bandmates went into rehab. In 1989, the band produced their most successful record,[1][7] Dr. Feelgood, with producer Bob Rock. The album stayed on the charts for 114 weeks after its release. After releasing the compilation album Decade of Decadence, that included a new version of “Home Sweet Home”, in 1991, Neil departed the group and was replaced by John Corabi formerly of The Scream.[7] They released one self titled album with Corabi, in 1994, before firing him and releasing Generation Swine with Neil returning as lead vocalist.[7] In 1999, Tommy Lee left the group and formed Methods of Mayhem. He was replaced by former Ozzy Osbourne drummer Randy Castillo.[7] The group remastered and reissued all of their studio albums as well as releasing a new album titled New Tattoo in 2000.[7] Due to Castillo’s illness, former Hole drummer Samantha Maloney filled in for Castillo for the subsequent tour.[7] The group went on hiatus soon after before reuniting in 2004, during which Sixx declared himself sober.[7] A 2001 autobiography entitled The Dirt packaged the band as “the world’s most notorious rock band”. The book made the top ten on The New York Times Best Seller list and spent ten weeks there.[7]

In 2006 Mötley Crüe completed a reunion tour featuring all four original members[7] and embarked on a co-headlining tour with Aerosmith, called “The Route of All Evil”.

In April 2008, the band announced the first Crüe Fest, a summer tour, that featured Sixx’s side project Sixx:A.M., Buckcherry, Papa Roach and Trapt.[24] On June 24, 2008, Mötley Crüe released their ninth studio album, Saints of Los Angeles, with Sixx credited as either writer or co-writer on all tracks.

• Flavor said, on March 15, 2012 at 5:08 pm

go listen to “Kick start My Heart” a few times and then get back to me about *hating* Motley Crew….

I’m kidding since I know you’ll still hate them but that was one of my fav songs growing up…….

• zumie said, on March 15, 2012 at 5:13 pm

Is it wrong to have laughed at this: “On an earlier trip to London, Sixx overdosed at a dealer’s house and the dealer apparently tried to beat the life back into him with a bat. Afterward, the dealer dumped Sixx into a nearby dumpster”?

• DJLoo said, on March 15, 2012 at 5:18 pm

It’s wrong not to laugh at it…

34. blade3colorado said, on March 15, 2012 at 5:08 pm

Not saying this is certain to happen, but I am thinking that if the Giants do not sign Cain by the start of the season, then negotiations will not start again until the team’s exclusive negotiating window at the end of the season. This is not a good scenarios at all. Fox’s Rosenthal is saying the same thing. Consequently, I think the Giants need to decide now about whether they are going to extend him “free agent” money (e.g., 6 years at 20 million a year at least). If Cain is lights out during the season, that price tag will no doubt go up. No way the Giants can afford both Timmie and Matt. So forget that scenario. My preference is for the Giants signing Cain to a long term deal.

Lincecum signed a two-year, $40.5 million contract and is eligible for free agency after the 2013 season. Giants also control Bumgarner, who will undoubtedly get even better this year (I’m looking for 200 plus strikeouts . . . I think he had 191 last year). Related to Cain, (my opinion only) the Giants need to get Cain signed before the start of the season; or, consider trading him if we are floundering immediately after the All Star break. If they wait until the end of the season, Matt will probably have all the leverage and the Giants will have to cut bait or fish on his terms.

• Flavor said, on March 15, 2012 at 5:21 pm

I’m looking at this a little backwards. To me, the reason to sign Cain is so that they DON’T have to overreact and sign Timmy to a monster deal just cause they didn’t get Cain and they feel they had to at least have one of them. And there are countless reasons to only sign one (or none but I doubt that will happen even though I’d be fine with it). I don’t think they will sign both and the reason is listed in your post, Blade>>>>>>MadBum. If the Giants lock up one of Cain or Tim and Mad Bum turns into what they think he’ll turn into, then MadBUm becomes the 2nd ace they sign to a long term deal.
      If they sign both Timmy and Cain there will be virtually zero chance that they can sign MadBum when it’s time for his big big deal……….

• DJLoo said, on March 15, 2012 at 5:31 pm

Why not? What position players are going to command mega-contracts in the coming years?
        Maybe Panda. Buster & Belt – who knows?

• blade3colorado said, on March 15, 2012 at 5:38 pm

Exactly Flav. That is why I mentioned MadBum . . . He maintains the “Big Two” should Timmie leave (very likely). Giants still have two aces for quite a few years.

Loo, you’re nuts. 🙂

35. twinfan1 said, on March 15, 2012 at 5:38 pm

IMO they will sign Matt to that 5 year 100+ deal, and it will be only to appease the fans who know Tim is already gone when free agency beckons. It would normally be a bad business decision but they have no choice with nothing in the pipeline and a march on Castle Brian in the planning…

• blade3colorado said, on March 15, 2012 at 5:41 pm

Yep. No argument from me.

• Flavor said, on March 15, 2012 at 5:44 pm

If they’re gonna do the Cain deal I wish it would just get done before the season starts. If they can’t do it before it would be extremely unlikely that they do it during the season. And I don’t want to wait until the season ends and Cain’s got another stud-year of production under his belt. 5 years/100 million is fine. Go 5 years, 108 million if you have to. But just get it done. It protects us from feeling like we HAVE to sign Timmy and I wouldn’t give him a penny over 5 years/125 mil. And I’d be totally fine with not signing him at all.
      BUt if they don’t get Cain and a bunch of teams like up to sign Timmy to a 6 or 7 year deal, can’t you just imagine the fallout if Sabes hits the panic button and gives him 8 years/200 mil???

• Nipper said, on March 15, 2012 at 6:00 pm

Sabes does not panic.

36. blade3colorado said, on March 15, 2012 at 5:44 pm

Insofar as top five catchers, where do you think Napoli ranks Mike and Flav?

• PawlieKokonuts said, on March 15, 2012 at 5:48 pm

he ruined me in FL last year, so I put him around 31

• blade3colorado said, on March 15, 2012 at 5:52 pm

Splitting time between catcher, first base and DH, he (Napoli) hit .221 with 10 homers and 25 RBI over his first 46 games before missing nearly a month due to an oblique strain . . . That’s when you must have owned him Pawlie. LOL.

After that he was the MVP . . . batting .378 with 20 home runs, 50 RBI and a .712 slugging percentage over his final 67 games. Napoli also had a solid postseason.

• PawlieKokonuts said, on March 15, 2012 at 5:59 pm

yeah, I probably dumped him at game 47

• blade3colorado said, on March 15, 2012 at 6:02 pm

LQTM. Hey, isn’t that the same scenario that happened with Walker? JUST KIDDING!!!!!!

🙂

• Flavor said, on March 15, 2012 at 5:52 pm

well, everything to me is about where I can get someone in a draft. Napoli’s batting average was a joke last year, that’s coming way down. But the power has always been there. I’m not talking about HR’s, but I keep track of two different power index numbers that have always shown the big power is there. Last year it all came together
      I don’t like buying guys high unless I’m certain they’re going to repeat and he’s got some injury concerns that would scare me off of taking him in round 4 (in a 12 round league).
      Value-wise, I think Montero (d-backs in round 8/9) and Suzuki (round 22/23) are good value and I think they’re both going to have good years. I might also take a swing at Iannetta now that he’s got a fresh start on a new team. I’ve always liked that guy and think he’s going to finally hit 20+ bombs but I’ve said that the last 2 years and it hasn’t happened. He’s going in 24 though so i will take a stab if I don’t have 2 catchers locked up before that.
      Posey in 5? No fucking way. I took Mauer in 7 in an earlier draft because I think he’s got value going in that round. If he stays healthy, he’ll be worth it since he’ll hit .315 or so and allow me to carry a guy like Iannetta for his power and I won’t have to sweat his batting average too much…….

• blade3colorado said, on March 15, 2012 at 5:55 pm

The trade offered to me will provide some context to my question. Thanks Flav.

• twinfan1 said, on March 15, 2012 at 6:00 pm

I wouldn’t put him in the top 5 yet. I’m a little suspicious of a guy who hit 50 points above his previous high with nothing in his history to suggest it..it’s not like he was building toward a break out, he was going the other way..

• twinfan1 said, on March 15, 2012 at 6:13 pm

I see you have it covered.

• blade3colorado said, on March 15, 2012 at 6:15 pm

Yeah, agree Mike . . . The FL draft has already occurred, so this is a trade (see Flav’s comment below) that is advantageous to me insofar as where all these players involved in the trade are rated.

37. PawlieKokonuts said, on March 15, 2012 at 5:46 pm

Knew I heard the name Gregor Blanco before. He played in Syracuse in 2011. He leaves no imprint in my mind. But, hey, maybe went clubbing w/ Fab Melo, who clearly was not hitting the books much.

ESPN Fantasy League. Are we using names like Blade3 or are we required to use real names. (I think that’s a dumbass question.)

• blade3colorado said, on March 15, 2012 at 5:54 pm

FBI wants real names Pawlie.

38. blade3colorado said, on March 15, 2012 at 5:49 pm

Craig, check your email . . . I need your opinion ASAP. Thanks . . . Steve

• blade3colorado said, on March 15, 2012 at 5:56 pm

Ahhh . . . Got your answer. Thank you.

• PawlieKokonuts said, on March 15, 2012 at 5:58 pm

COLLUSION!!!!!

• blade3colorado said, on March 15, 2012 at 5:59 pm

You silly easterner . . . He isn’t in my FL league.

• Flavor said, on March 15, 2012 at 6:00 pm

absolutely!
      Nap and Berk give you multi position flexibility. They’re going in round 4/8.
      Konerko and Yadier are going in round 5 and 15.

• blade3colorado said, on March 15, 2012 at 6:09 pm

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing, but saw an article about Berk getting a cortisone shot and being sidelined today. However, the multiposition advantage and rounds these guys are going in, clearly give me the advantage. Konerko hurt too right now . . . not serious though.

39. Sierra Nevada said, on March 15, 2012 at 5:50 pm

To remind you of my shame, twin: after the 2009 season, I picked up on a comment you made about the Giants not keeping whiteside. I had seen him in a game, and he looked serviceable to me, and I argued that the Giants would and should keep him going forward. Unfortunately, I was right that they would and wrong as hell about the should part. It was a good lesson for me that there is a huge difference between “serviceable” and “belongs on a contending roster”.

The same thing is probably true about Crawford. It is easy to be fooled by his defense, but the reality is that a contending team can’t afford to settle for below average production at any position if they want to get in front and stay there. I agree that if he, or whoever ends up manning SS, hits at or above league average for SS, the Giants probably walk away with the division.

• twinfan1 said, on March 15, 2012 at 6:26 pm

Sierra, we’re all wrong from time to time. I don’t even need to list mine, I saw them listed on the siide of a muni bus when I was in SF last. Geez, that was a low blow..

40. PawlieKokonuts said, on March 15, 2012 at 5:58 pm

don’t you think everything about Crawford’s hitting was skewed because of his history-books first game? wasn’t his first hit a grand slam against the Brewers?

• Flavor said, on March 15, 2012 at 6:01 pm

No. He tried to pull everything. Pitchers saw this and just pitched him away and he rolled shit all around the infield. He needs to learn how to take the ball the other way…….

• Alleykat said, on March 15, 2012 at 7:37 pm

Didn’t Carney always want Nate to use all fields,and it only contributed in him losing power to pull the ball with authority?

41. willieD said, on March 15, 2012 at 6:00 pm

In all the Cain/L contract issues, the most imp thing to remember is what Twin said, “….they have no choice with nothing in the pipeline.” That’s exactly what i said couple days ago—you’ve got zito in the rotation right now, and vogs/surkamp as the only other options. The back end is going to be bad enough, so how can you f-up the front end?
    I don’t think Vogs lasts two more seasons as anything other than #5/ 4.00plus ERA guy, so if you lose C or L, you have to replace 60 some odd starts. With f-ing who?

• Flavor said, on March 15, 2012 at 6:03 pm

free agent pitchers. Preferably 2nd tier guys. They WILL get better at ATT……..

• blade3colorado said, on March 15, 2012 at 6:23 pm

Not certain that Twin actually agrees with you though willieD . . . Are you saying they should sign BOTH Lincecum and Cain? If so, Twin is on record as saying that is a pipe dream. Not putting words in his mouth though, so I will let him reiterate what he has expressed before . . .

Me? No way the suits sign both. Cain is perceived (not the same as reality, but it is what it is) as the workhorse and the easier contract to get done.

• twinfan1 said, on March 15, 2012 at 6:47 pm

That’s OK, Steve. I’ve been thinking of funding a super pac so I can deny any responsibility for controversial positions…BTW, Craig’s latest poll was a new low- I am not a Muslim, people 😉

• blade3colorado said, on March 15, 2012 at 6:53 pm

Yeah, but do you believe in evolution?

• twinfan1 said, on March 15, 2012 at 7:00 pm

18 percent of me does..

• Bozo said, on March 15, 2012 at 7:00 pm

I do blade, the evolution of Gregor Blanco. Lock up your dogs and daughters Flappers the Bingo Blanco circus is coming to a town near you.

• willieD said, on March 15, 2012 at 7:47 pm

what he said was they sign Cain to big deal, and I think sabes does it whether he likes it or not. L is already here for 2 more at $20 mil per…that’s $40 mil plus for the both of them for at least the next two, cain gets more years, then you see where you are. But for right now, I don’t see how you can do anything else and expect to contend.
        And getting an FA guy to match their skills is going to be expensive too, so I’d rather draft them like Bum. FA guys don’t care about the park, they care about winning and money.

42. Flavor said, on March 15, 2012 at 6:29 pm

CHuck and GH, you guys need to accept my invitation to the fantasy league.

43. Flavor said, on March 15, 2012 at 6:36 pm

And though it’s early, Dennis is leading the Bracket Mania Insanity

• Bozo said, on March 15, 2012 at 7:01 pm

I’m assuming to get all the Dodgers again this year?

• Flavor said, on March 15, 2012 at 7:07 pm

Denny loves him some Dodger, don’t he?

• blade3colorado said, on March 15, 2012 at 7:26 pm

Just to be clear (although, I can’t unequivocally prove it), Dennis knew we – most of the Flap managers – didn’t want Dodgers on our teams and I suspect, Dennis saw that as an opening to get the “cream of the Dodger crop,” i.e., setting up his pre-draft ratings to reflect this.

Of course, I believe in aliens too and that we really didn’t land on the moon (that was done at a Sherwood Charles Schwartz film lot, while Gilligan’s Island was on hiatus).

44. Del Mar Dennis said, on March 15, 2012 at 7:10 pm

Another hit for Blanco to lead off the game. Bozo’s boy is on fire…

What’s the consensus on SP Matt Moore? I think he could reach 200 K’s. I like his stuff.

Fuckie sucks.

• Bozo said, on March 15, 2012 at 7:18 pm

Yeah, gets on and scores, ho hum.

• willieD said, on March 15, 2012 at 7:50 pm

bad news being, the evil one is shutting out the Triple-Ms. I’m trying to hex him, but so far no luck.

• Bozo said, on March 15, 2012 at 7:56 pm

willie – the Crouching Tiger may have just shown why the Giants might carry 13 pitchers (sorry DMD). We may need a 6th starter just to come in for Zit after his normal 3 innings this year. Just joking, I think.

• Flavor said, on March 15, 2012 at 8:16 pm

7/8 round pick, he’s gonna do about what all the wise guys think he will do. He’ll have a very good year and 200 K’s is in the bank

45. Del Mar Dennis said, on March 15, 2012 at 7:17 pm

Flav, some fantasy questions if you please…Autopick strategy? I’ve never used that before. Any tips?
    Draft order…I see you have it set for “manual.” Earlier today when I was playing around with it, I was 4, now it says I’m 7. Are we going to know are draft spot ahead of time? Are you assigning the spots? Wouldn’t it be more fair to have the computer randomize it?

• blade3colorado said, on March 15, 2012 at 7:34 pm

Agree with Dennis . . . I saw that Flav has first choice. WTF? Anyway, to randomize it?

• Alleykat said, on March 15, 2012 at 9:39 pm

Dennis, it’s just like auto suction in your car, just need the lady to respond.

46. blade3colorado said, on March 15, 2012 at 7:31 pm

Big props to MrBill2 . . . Clarity, screen resolution, and sound are perfect with Koztaz this year at his new site. It was good last year, but this year it is much better:-)

47. willieD said, on March 15, 2012 at 7:54 pm

ha! the hex works and the lefty hits a fastball (in name only) out the yard the other way.

48. twinfan1 said, on March 15, 2012 at 8:16 pm

Big if , but if Surkamp actually beat out Zito leading to Zito’s release, do you think Eric would deserve a spot on the Wall of Fame? And may I have permission to call him a great Giant?

• Bozo said, on March 15, 2012 at 8:26 pm

I have to think most of the Giants position players would give you permission. You know they talk about the pitchers not getting run support, but they never talk about the hitters, after scraping out a lead, what they’re feeling when the pitcher gives it back up.
      Again, I’m not a contract guy, if Zit can get us 10 wins and not burn up the BP I’d be happy.

49. Alleykat said, on March 15, 2012 at 8:18 pm

It was a ladies only night in the All Blonde Bingo Blanco Hall.The night had been pretty boring, not one single person had a “Bingo” all night.The last game was up for grabs with a huge bingo prize of $3500.00 in the pot.
    The game drags on and on,and nearly every blonde in the house had to be on for the big blackout.Finally, G-47 was called,but still no shouts of “Bingo” were heard.The frustrated caller,finally gets up and throws the Bingo machine off the stage.
    All the girls were shocked and the caller says:”I’ve just called every darn one of these 75 balls out of the machine and nobody has a Bingo? Just what number are you ladies waiting for? All together, 412 Blonde ladies shouted; “Free Space!”

50. Flavor said, on March 15, 2012 at 8:25 pm

Draft update: yes, I was listed as the first pick in the draft, that’s because I set the league up. Earlier today, maybe 2 hours ago, I did a *randomize** draw. I did it one time so don’t complain about your draft slot.Pawlie got the 1 pick. I got 9. Deal with your slot. I’ve included an option to “trade your draft pick”. I don’t know what that means but anyone that wants to explore it can do so.

• blade3colorado said, on March 15, 2012 at 8:39 pm

Flav, what menu item shows where I am in the draft?

51. Bozo said, on March 15, 2012 at 8:32 pm

Way to go Nate

52. Flavor said, on March 15, 2012 at 8:32 pm

I’ve been dealing with Summer Camp sign up shit, did anyone see how Zito pitched? Was he so crouched you could barely see him or was he visible to the naked eye?

• Bozo said, on March 15, 2012 at 8:46 pm

To me the crouch was like David Niven as Sir Charles Lytton in the first Pink Panther movie, A Phantom. I still say the guy should throw a knuckleball, a spitter, a bacon grease ball, drink the rum and say fuck you Jobu.

• TedSpe said, on March 15, 2012 at 9:58 pm

Love the references….you fucking CLOWN

53. Bozo said, on March 15, 2012 at 8:37 pm

Crawdaddy, Mudbug, Crawfish, Rockford.

54. Flavor said, on March 15, 2012 at 8:40 pm

I just checked what draft pick trade thing was and it’s not applicable to our league—that’s only for keeper leagues. So check your slot and adjust your list accordingly…………

55. blade3colorado said, on March 15, 2012 at 8:48 pm

Flav, I don’t think you saw my question – where do we find our slot in the draft? I have searched seven ways from Sunday and have no idea . . . Need this info, so I can set my draft preferences (especially for the first round)?

56. Del Mar Dennis said, on March 15, 2012 at 9:01 pm

Flav, it now says our offline draft has not been scheduled. There was a running “countdown” timer just an hour ago. What happened?

57. twinfan1 said, on March 15, 2012 at 9:04 pm

If the Mariner’s announcer says “Christiansen” one more time, I’m going wreck my monitor…

58. blade3colorado said, on March 15, 2012 at 9:36 pm

No idea how CBS scores the BB bracket, but mine is at 140 points (98.8%) on ESPN . . . Obama – who ALWAYS kicks ass – on his bracket selection is also at 140. Dick Vitale is at 120; Lebron James at 110; Jay Bilas at 130; and Pau Gasol at 110.

59. twinfan1 said, on March 15, 2012 at 10:11 pm

Closing out on the Blanco topic- from Pavlovic:
    “One early game note: Gregor Blanco led off with a single and then immediately took second when the right fielder momentarily bobbled the ball…he tagged up and took third on a flyball to center field…he scored on Brett Pill’s double.
    He then started looking for apartments in San Francisco..probably”

60. mrmrbill said, on March 16, 2012 at 12:37 am