A Place To Talk About Giants Baseball

Turning Over a Line Up

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on March 28, 2012

It was interesting to see how much our line up has changed since last year. Here was the starting line up the last time Lincecum threw to Posey (March 21st, 2011):

Torres CF
Sanchez 2B
Posey C
Burrell LF
Ross RF
Huff 1B
Tejada 3B
Fontenot SS

There’s the possibility that Buster is the only guy from that LU starting in the same position on Opening Day (Huff might start in LF)….

As I type this, the A’s just went down 3-1 in the 11th against the Mariners in the *season opener*. Spud Selig has made a lot of dumb decisions over the years, but playing the first game of the year in Japan at 3am might be one of his dumbest. What percentage of Mariner and A’s fans got up to catch this game? Was it even on tv?

The Dodgers sold for 2 billion dollars? Hey, Forbes was only about a half a billion off, right? lol.

1. willieD said, on March 28, 2012 at 7:40 am

There was a guy on CSN yesterday ragging on Belt (I just caught a minute of it), and I was gonna ask who the idiot was and who he would rather see in the LU. Man, hope the Fresno rumor isn’t true.
    almost everyone in that LU from last march got hurt and/or disappointed; even Sando was out quite a while. Sabes thought he had SS covered last year btw T and F, even mentioning deRosa as a possibility….hope he has better luck this year. But, jesus maria, the idea that belt can’t hit mlb pitching well enough to start and crawford can is f-ing ridiculous.

since switching job description from whse/delivery to sales I’ve been fortunate enough to work with people from diverse backgrounds (and accents to match) from Minnesota, buffalo, finland, russia, taiwan, central asia and rural north carolina. but I gotta admit, until they flashed it across the screen, I had no idea what the people in the “hopper” commercial were talking about.

2. willieD said, on March 28, 2012 at 7:41 am

and speaking of minnesota, what’s up with Stix?

• blade3colorado said, on March 28, 2012 at 8:05 am

Thank you for reminding us willieD . . . I just wrote him and asked him that same question. Miss his insight and poetic way of writing. Stix ALWAYS added to the conversation of everything Giants baseball relate here at the Flap. I will post if I hear from him.

3. James said, on March 28, 2012 at 8:12 am

The problem for Belt is that he could put up an OPS of 750, and if it were identical to Pill’s over a season, the Giants would see Belt as a frustration, and Pill as a confident, aggressive hitter who drives in those runs.

4. willieD said, on March 28, 2012 at 8:30 am

I guess that was Baggs I saw, from comments posted on Pav’s blog on the Merc. what I recall is he mentioned a hole in belt’s swing, and that he was handed the 1b job last year out of ST and couldn’t hold it. As to the first point, this can’t be something brand new that just developed, and if it’s that bad then how could a month in Fresno vs. AAA pitching help? What’s he going to learn or prove?
    As to the second, the guy who allegedly took belt’s job back did nothing whatsoever to hold onto it either, and was statistically one of the worst mlb hitters in the league. He’s not even as good a defender as Belt at 1b either, so you can’t use that argument either.
    I’m not a conspiracy guy, but the blogger on Pav’s site raises some interesting points about the timing of all this. Not to mention the idea that a bunch of guys you are keeping (pill nate back up C and puff ball IF) wouldn’t outhit Belt either.

5. twinfan1 said, on March 28, 2012 at 8:48 am

Forbes was not off, I’ve previously provided *facts* reflecting the accuracy of their figures- based on team documents leaked
    “twinfan1 said, on March 22, 2012 at 9:21 am (Edit)
    Actually, A lot of sports economists had believed that the Forbes figures weren’t all that accurate- then some internal MLB documents were leaked in 2010, revealing the financial details for several teams- and and the income numbers matched the Forbes figures almost exactly..
    Sales price has never been just the team value- like everything else, there are studies-”Vine (2004) examined the relationship between Forbes’ estimates and team sales prices to determine whether or not professional sports franchises sold at a discount or at a
    premium. The study found that franchises have sold at an average 27% premium relative to their Forbes estimated value…
    There’s a PDF document on line (Winning Off The Field: The Determinants of MLB
    Franchise Value) , bottom line, the Forbes numbers appear to accurately reflect team values.”

Owning a sports franchise is often an ego thing for many of the investors,they’ll pay far more than the valuation. That’s l;ways been true

6. St said, on March 28, 2012 at 8:52 am

Here’s the link to Baggs piece.

• willieD said, on March 28, 2012 at 9:10 am

thx…i meant someone I saw on TV, maybe it wasn’t B after all. comments after ward better reading than the column itself, imo.

• James said, on March 28, 2012 at 9:46 am

Just know it all fans drunk on too much data, WillieD. Hensley and Baggs schooled the wise guy masses on insider stuff the layman just can’t grasp.

7. blade3colorado said, on March 28, 2012 at 8:52 am

I just heard from Stix and he is fine . . . No, Sasquatch (Bigfoot) didn’t abduct him because of a beef stick argument.

8. twinfan1 said, on March 28, 2012 at 9:17 am

Doesn’t sound like a guy who plans to stay- look out for the long term and trade him:
    “I enjoy being here with the guys, and I’m looking forward to playing the season. I am a year away from free agency. That’s an exciting part of your career as well.” (Cain)

9. St said, on March 28, 2012 at 9:43 am

Cain in Dodger blue? Dodger new filthy rich ownership could be a factor in the G’s signing Cain. No telling if he would want to play there or if LA would pursue him, but agent could drop a hint to get the G’s to up their offer.

• Nipper said, on March 28, 2012 at 10:25 am

Cain should hold on for an offer. Giants just might low ball him.

• Alleykat said, on March 28, 2012 at 8:30 pm

Fuck the Dodgers and anything LA!!!!!!!

10. twinfan1 said, on March 28, 2012 at 10:11 am

Obviously it’s not just bloggers who are selective about whose ST numbers mean anything.

11. twinfan1 said, on March 28, 2012 at 10:39 am

Players move on, the Giants should not fall into the trap of having fan sentiment dictate their decisions. What they should be doing as we speak is assessing what Matt and Tim will bring in trade, NOT caving and offerring 5 years and more to either of them.
    BTW, big ole country boys are no more or less likely to develop arm trouble than their frailer teammates.

• snarkk said, on March 28, 2012 at 11:02 am

I’ve been saying your last point for months. And, he has elbow chips, too…

12. stixwiz said, on March 28, 2012 at 10:56 am

Seems like just a couple weeks ago and everything looked like it was falling into place for the Giants: Starting pitching ~ check; defense ~ check; offense ~ coming along nicely with guys like Blanco and H. Sanchez coming outta nowhere to sparkle.

Now, look at the contusions, confusions and commotions: Freddy still hors de combat for who knows how long; Cain and the front office locked in a chess match; Belt getting dicked around and yo-yoed once again; who’s on Second?; Pagan hitting like its still January; Huff not showing too many vital signs; Panda still with weighty concerns and base-brat Bochy appearing to be continuing with his Veterans Preference program.

Goes with the season we’ve been having this month here in the Northwoods. Warmest March on record, by far. Broke 80 friggen degrees here on St. Paddy’s day. About 35, grey and threateny right now. Housework not getting done. Logjam on projects. Haven’t carved for months. People coming and going ~ or not. Nothing but weird energies all month. It’s 2012, gang. A time when things go off in all directions at once, the self definitely included.

Front office can’t afford to dick around in Cain negotiations after the Dodger sale. They should shoot him their true bottom line offer ~ no more than five years but probably nothing less than $100M ~maybe another five or ten M. if they are pretty sure he would accept. Otherwise, its deal by Deadline time to an American League team willing to part with a good #3 or superb #4 starter plus an outfielder with speed and a high OBP who is a steady performer ~ the quality of whom might be influenced by SF adding a choice catcher prospect and who in turn might be counterbalanced by a quality low-minors pitching prospect. Gotta keep Cain away from wearing the Blue.

If it requires firing Bochy and Meulens, the Giants need to do right by Belt. Perhaps another trade? I’d hate to see that on accounta his potential and his 24 years, but there could be bad blood developing between him and the manager and the batting coach. Don’t know for sure about that, but realize if that is so the team is far more likely to package Belt than to dump the guy who managed the World Champs.

More and more the game is turning into nothing other than a friggen business. Ecccch!

• twinfan1 said, on March 28, 2012 at 11:29 am

Bochy is the best manager in baseball, he’sa not getting fired…

• Black and Orange said, on March 28, 2012 at 11:45 am

You think they should fire a World Series-winning manager to make one of our prospects happier? That is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard in my life.

• zumie said, on March 28, 2012 at 11:57 am

That’s not what Stix said, B&O.
        Stix wrote: “the team is far more likely to package Belt than to dump the guy who managed the World Champs.” He was making a rhetorical point.

• Black and Orange said, on March 28, 2012 at 12:06 pm

He also said, “If it requires firing Bochy and Muelens, they need to do right by Belt.”

This is ludicrious. If there really was “bad blood” between Belt and Bochy, there is no way in holy hell the Giants would even consider, for one second, firing Bochy just to placate Belt. Belt is just a prospect – he does whatever the hell Bochy and Sabes tell him to do. If he’s unhappy he can sign somewhere else when his deal is up. Bochy is the coach and has a proven record of producing winning teams. There isn’t even the slightest comparison between their respective importance to the team. To suggest otherwise is a joke.

• Nipper said, on March 28, 2012 at 12:10 pm

When’s the next Zumie book report?

• zumie said, on March 28, 2012 at 4:05 pm

Ah, B&O, that sentence went past me. Missed it somehow. Guess I should slow down when I read these things.

13. snarkk said, on March 28, 2012 at 11:05 am

I have not read any articles or media blogs that flat out considered the point that maybe Cain really doesn’t want to stay with the Giants. Maybe he wants to leave — how do we know he wants to stay, even at “market”? I’ll guess like the media, and say hell, he wants to test FAgency and see what he’s worth. He’s got a ring, he’s pitched his butt off for a lousy offense for over half a decade, so why not try something new? Hometown discount — nah, how about hometown premium?….

• Nipper said, on March 28, 2012 at 12:12 pm

Cain should play hardball in this matter. Playing years are very short.

14. Alleykat said, on March 28, 2012 at 11:30 am

Im sure Cain is waiting to see what happens with Cole Hammels,dude is looking for Cliff Lee dough 5/120.Cain is better then Hammels .so it gonna cost the Giants bigtime.

15. Black and Orange said, on March 28, 2012 at 11:39 am

I’m still trying to wrap my head around how the Doyers are worth 2 bills. I know they play in a ludicrously-huge media market, but their stadium is 50 years old and they don’t even have their own network (like the Yankees do). Does the POTENTIAL for their own network factor into this valuation? Someone with more knowledge of sports finance than me really needs to explain this one because I don’t get it.

• twinfan1 said, on March 28, 2012 at 11:52 am

It’s no different than residential real estate except there are huge egos involved with the investors. With a desirable home in a desirable market, there can be several offers- driving the sales price well above the asking price and value. With several groups bidding for the Bums, it is a no brainer that the sales price went well above the valuation.
      And this, from the LATmes:
      “If the $2 billion that Magic Johnson’s group paid to buy the Dodgers sounds like a lot of money, just wait until the new owners auction off the team’s television rights.
      With Time Warner, Fox and others expected to show interest, estimates for the total value of the deal have risen as high as $4 billion.

16. twinfan1 said, on March 28, 2012 at 11:42 am

His quote above (“I enjoy being here with the guys, and I’m looking forward to playing the season. I am a year away from free agency. That’s an exciting part of your career as well.” ) is as close it comes to saying he’s leaving- as with Tim, we’ll have gotten the best of what he’s got. Move on.

• blade3colorado said, on March 28, 2012 at 11:57 am

“. . . as with Tim, we’ll have gotten the best of what he’s got. Move on.”

Exactly. Last time I got sentimental about what the Giants did or didn’t do was when Willie Mays was traded to the Mets. No more tears after that. It’s a business folks.

• St said, on March 28, 2012 at 12:00 pm

And if Cain has 5 great yrs for the Dodgers? No regrets?

• blade3colorado said, on March 28, 2012 at 12:08 pm

First off, if the Giants – recognizing that Cain has no interest in signing a contract with us – don’t trade him outside the division, then I will join the Flapper chorus that thinks Sabean is an idiot. In short, I don’t believe the Giants will allow that to happen, i.e., I certainly don’t think that Sabean is an idiot and he absolutely knows what he is doing versus some fan (me) sitting in his lazy boy with the remote control in one hand and a beer in his other hand. It will all work out.

• twinfan1 said, on March 28, 2012 at 12:11 pm

Well, I’d let others storm Castle Brian. But I’ve already said that I would not let him walk away without some return. So my feeeling would depend on what we got for them.
        But even at that, you do the wise thing, which is letting him go. It doesn’t make the wrong decision if he defies the odds. How do you feel about Jason Scmidt moving on?

• snarkk said, on March 28, 2012 at 7:11 pm

You can trade him out of the division halfway this year, but he doesn’t have to sign with that team. He could go into FAgency in the offseason and end up signing with the Dodgers regardless of the trade…

• twinfan1 said, on March 28, 2012 at 8:12 pm

I don’t give a shit who he signs with and I’m not all freaked by the fucking Dodgers.

17. unca_chuck said, on March 28, 2012 at 11:48 am

2 billion? Who were they bidding aganist?

• blade3colorado said, on March 28, 2012 at 11:53 am

At that point? Themselves probably.

• twinfan1 said, on March 28, 2012 at 11:54 am

These were that last three in the hunt:
      “• Former Los Angeles Lakers star Magic Johnson; former Atlanta Braves and Washington Nationals president Stan Kasten; and Mark Walter, chief executive officer of the financial services firm Guggenheim Partners.

• Stan Kroenke, whose family properties own the NFL’s St. Louis Rams, the NBA’s Denver Nuggets, the NHL’s Colorado Avalanche and Major League Soccer’s Colorado Rapids, and who is majority shareholder of Arsenal in the English Premier League.

• Steven Cohen, founder of the hedge fund SAC Capital Advisors and a new limited partner of the New York Mets; biotechnology entrepreneur Patrick Soon-Shiong; and agent Arn Tellem of Wasserman Media Group.”

“Already eliminated were five bids that initially had been submitted to MLB for consideration. They included:

• Alan Casden, chief executive officer of the Beverly Hills real estate company Casden Properties.

• Leo Hindery, managing partner of the private equity firm InterMedia Partners and former chief executive officer of the YES Network, and Marc Utay, managing partner of the private equity firm Clarion Capital Partners.

• Jared Kushner, publisher of The New York Observer and son-in-law of real estate developer Donald Trump.

• Stanley Gold, chief executive officer of Shamrock Holdings, the investment company of the family of the late Roy Disney.”

^The final three were all in it until the end, Magic’s group did not bid against itself.

• Bozo said, on March 28, 2012 at 12:23 pm

The sad thing to me is that McCourt is being highly rewarded for fucking up a baseball team. Talk about a golden parachute.

• unca_chuck said, on March 28, 2012 at 12:17 pm

The Donald?

18. Bozo said, on March 28, 2012 at 12:13 pm

Cain just moved his family to Arizona, I’m more worried about the DBacks going for him than the Dodgers. But, with the move and the quote twin put out there, I’d say it’s going to cost big bucks if the Giants want to keep him.

19. unca_chuck said, on March 28, 2012 at 12:41 pm

Oh, I think the Dodgers are going hard after guys like Cain. They’ve got next to nothing tied up in long-term deals, and can go on a tear signing free agents.

20. jlbush62 said, on March 28, 2012 at 12:42 pm

I’m as shocked as anyone over the Belt news, especially since someone told me yesterday it came from Heyman, who’s almost always wrong. But after reading the Baggs story, if the manager and hitting coach feel there’s enough holes in Belt’s swing that will hinder his chance at long-term success in the majors, then so be it. Or else we’d continue to see the occasional HR mixed in with too many strikeouts.

If Matty’s good as gone, again, so be it. But I do not want him traded as long as the Giants are in position to make the playoffs, as they’re expected to be and should be with the extra wild card in play.

“(Pagan) finally broke the slump with an eighth-inning double. He was picked off right away.” I wish him nothing but the best and hope this spring is an aberration, but that, my friends, is Pagan in a nutshell.

• twinfan1 said, on March 28, 2012 at 3:28 pm

If you watched it, I don’t know where he thought he was, but it was not on a baseball field.
      Dreamin, I’m always dreamin’…

21. ewisco said, on March 28, 2012 at 1:34 pm

crawford homers in second.

22. James said, on March 28, 2012 at 1:48 pm

After reading this

I can only conclude that Buster needs to go back to AAA and work on his game calling and receiving skills. Clearly, a key member of the staff has lost confidence in him. The mid season call up was a key part of the championship formula, after all.

I am learning about the hidden game.

23. Del Mar Dennis said, on March 28, 2012 at 1:51 pm

Did anyone else watch “Opening Day” between the A’s and M’s at the crack of dawn? I was up early this morning so I flipped on the MLB Net. It was on a 3 hr. delay and the Mariner broadcasters weren’t even in Japan. They were doing a remote from Bellevue, WA. I’ve been to Bellevue. Haven’t been to Washington.

• Nipper said, on March 28, 2012 at 2:41 pm

Stay thirsty…

24. zumie said, on March 28, 2012 at 4:13 pm

I’m for trying to sign Cain as much as anyone, but if the Giants were out of contention late in the season, then Cain’s trade value would be very high to a contender, obviously. His twenty-something scoreless inning streak in the playoffs will be very appealing. And I would be happy to see him get to play for a playoff team. But that’s a huge worst-case scenario. The Giants should be a contender all season, especially with the funky Wild Card set-up.

25. Bozo said, on March 28, 2012 at 4:41 pm

So, I think tonight’s the night for the Cajuns to know if they made the team or not (or if the Giants don’t care paying about 1.5 mil extra for the two of them).

26. zumie said, on March 28, 2012 at 5:54 pm

The thought of Cain pitching for the Dodgers someday…..

• St said, on March 28, 2012 at 6:14 pm

My girlfriend only heard that and came running into the room. I got a good laugh.

27. Flavor said, on March 28, 2012 at 6:23 pm

Muelens said this when discussing Belt’s stance in the box: “it’s a comfort thing. He’s always done it. He’s had success with it and there’s no need to change in his mind. We believe that backing off a little more, especially against lefties, will give him a little more time.”
    That quote made me wonder if Belt is being difficult with them. Anyway, sounds like it’s a real possibility that Belt will start year in Fresno. That wouldn’t have been a surprise to me a month ago, but the dude has been raking the ball, something he did NOT do last spring training.
    Yusmeiro Petit had a nice start today—5 innings of no run, 1bb/4k ball. He’s listed at 6’1 250 and having never seen him I’m wondering just how fat this guy really is. Anyone know what he looks like?

28. twinfan1 said, on March 28, 2012 at 6:27 pm

Petit:
    petit
    Machi:
    jean
    Another big fella

• Flavor said, on March 28, 2012 at 6:34 pm

that’s a pretty gynormous uni he’s swimming around in……

• twinfan1 said, on March 28, 2012 at 6:42 pm

Machi is listed at 6′ 260..one thing we know if we know nothing else: when they say “260”, they mean “at least”

• snarkk said, on March 28, 2012 at 7:14 pm

Petit ain’t so petit…

29. DJLoo said, on March 28, 2012 at 6:45 pm

I’d hate to lose Cain, but he’s not the true “ace” that Lincecum is or Schmidt was.

Career Record: 69-73
    Number of 15 win years: 0
    Number of 200K years: 0
    Career Starts: 203
    Shutouts: 4
    CG: 13

30. James said, on March 28, 2012 at 7:12 pm

I hope Belt has been difficult with “them” – “them” is full of shit.

Funny to see Johnny Burnette referenced here with “Dreamin'” The job Solid Smoke did with the JB Trio material back in the 70s is still a wonder. Crank that stuff up on a good stereo, and it sounds better than the Sun Sessions.

31. twinfan1 said, on March 28, 2012 at 7:13 pm

Check Jason through age 26, he was not an “ace” until he was 29. Matt compares very well with him at 26, actually kicks ass. Wins, ERA, Whip…

• DJLoo said, on March 28, 2012 at 7:16 pm

I meant as a Giant…

• twinfan1 said, on March 28, 2012 at 7:21 pm

Not an apt comparison with Jason, with Lincecum it’s fair.

• DJLoo said, on March 28, 2012 at 7:32 pm

If I meant as a Giant, then it’s fair. And what does age have to with it? Pitchers don’t necessarily get better with age.

• twinfan1 said, on March 28, 2012 at 7:36 pm

Both of them did.

• jlbush62 said, on March 28, 2012 at 7:44 pm

Matty might have a few more wins if he had received the same run support that Schmidt had during his best years with the Giants.

Schmidt: 2002 — 4.91; 2003 — 4.84; 2004 — 4.70; 2005 — 5.50.

Cain: 2007 — 3.20; 2008 — 3.12; 2009 — 4.26; 2010 — 4.08; 2011 — 3.40.

• twinfan1 said, on March 28, 2012 at 7:46 pm

Comparing players at a comparable age is a totally valid way to rate them. And since when did most pitchers not improve with age ( with limits, of course.)

• DJLoo said, on March 28, 2012 at 7:53 pm

Most probably do, but as I said “not necessarily”.
        And for the 3rd time, I am talking about San Francisco Giant aces. That is what I care about.
        I never rooted for the Pirates or the Twins.

• twinfan1 said, on March 28, 2012 at 8:17 pm

Fine, but Cain’s record as a 21 YO doesn’t have shit to do with his value now.Amd it’s greater now than Schmidt’s was when he left in large part because of his age. Cain at 27 with his record is more valuable than Jason at 34- by a LOT…but I still wouldn’t give him 5 years.

32. snarkk said, on March 28, 2012 at 7:18 pm

If they send Belt down, I think he’ll be very PO’d, as in, “what do I have to do” type of thing. He’s hitting the snot out of the ball in ST, and Huff is still rapping DP grounders to second, yet Belt goes to Fresno? If he could only stay up by getting a half dozen ABs a week with spot starts at 1B or LF, then I agree, go to Fresno and just work. But, if he goes down, the Giants are in serious danger of really F’ing this kid up from a morale standpoint. Hopefully, he gets it that there are 11 million reasons why this ownership doesn’t care about real production…

• twinfan1 said, on March 28, 2012 at 7:25 pm

It shouldn’t have anything to do with Huff, they could and should both start. It’s Nate the Wonder Boy who should sit.

• snarkk said, on March 28, 2012 at 7:50 pm

I don’t have a problem with Nate coming off the bench. Huff will start somewhere unless/until he proves he doesn’t belong, and will be given through May to play himself onto the pine…

33. snarkk said, on March 28, 2012 at 7:22 pm

If I were Cain, the Dodger team sale is a ginormous omen guiding me to just get to FAgency; screw the Giants and signing now. Roll the dice on injury and see what I can get on the open market next winter. Insurance, anyone? I wouldn’t care what the Giants offer me. This Dodger purchase price is so outlandish, it has changed the metrics on everything and everybody. Cain’s already got $40+ million in the bank, right? So, he can risk injury for a chance at maybe 7 years and a $150M payday….

34. DJLoo said, on March 28, 2012 at 7:22 pm

The main reason Belt is staying is because Heyman is always wrong…

• willieD said, on March 28, 2012 at 7:46 pm

hope so. One of the bloggers in the comments under baggs csn story said something like “don’t the giants wonder if Huff can hit mlb pitching?”

35. twinfan1 said, on March 28, 2012 at 7:59 pm

Every poster here would have signed Huff after 2010, in fact there would have been fan rebellion if they hadn’t. Even his up year down year trend was forgotten because he had never played for a winner- his production,. clubhouse presence and the whole rally thong deal made him an immensely popular player. And damn straight you don’t throw 11 miilion bucks away until he at least gets to show whether that “up” year could be forthcoming. Forget ST, where he’s been “OK”, last year he hit .369 w/6 HR, … but again, the decision on Belt SHOULDN’T have anything to do with Huff- they can both play-regularly.

• ewisco said, on March 28, 2012 at 9:37 pm

twin, at least in my case, the on again off again wasn’t lost on me. that’s actually why i liked the TWO year deal. i figured that there would be a hang over last year but i thought they would be able to still get to the post season. the posey injury changed that. i’m a big nate supporter but i’m thinking that he can start on the bench. if huff or belt can’t cut it, than maybe. i sure like his arm in right.

36. Del Mar Dennis said, on March 28, 2012 at 8:12 pm

I’m watching Ann-Margret at a cockfight. I could give a rat’s ass where Belt starts the season.

• twinfan1 said, on March 28, 2012 at 8:20 pm

They got her all propped up?

• DJLoo said, on March 28, 2012 at 8:28 pm

LOCKHART: The enemy has very deceitfully taken advantage of the Tet ceasefire to launch an offensive all over the country. So far, we’ve had it pretty easy here. But we seem to be the exception. Charlie has hit every major military target in Vietnam, and hit ’em hard. In Saigon, the United States Embassy has been overrun by suicide squads. Khe Sahn is standing by to be overrun. We also have reports that a division of N.V.A. has
      occupied all of the city of Hue south of the Perfume River. In strategic terms, Charlie’s cut the country in half… the civilian press are about to wet their pants and we’ve heard even Cronkite’s going to say the war is now unwinnable. In other words, it’s a huge shit sandwich, and we’re all gonna have to take a bite.

JOKER: Sir … does this mean that Ann-Margret’s not coming?

• twinfan1 said, on March 28, 2012 at 8:43 pm

One of your best.

• Alleykat said, on March 28, 2012 at 8:44 pm

Oh she’s coming Loo,and bringing Rambo with her.

• Flavor said, on March 28, 2012 at 8:45 pm

they’re all gold……..

37. twinfan1 said, on March 28, 2012 at 9:05 pm

That devalues his better ones, even Loo isn’t perfect.

38. mrmrbill said, on May 18, 2012 at 5:25 am

test … what’s the image config here [img]http://magneticdiary.com/baseball/IMG_2335.JPG[/img]

• mrmrbill said, on May 18, 2012 at 5:26 am