A Place To Talk About Giants Baseball

What Have We Learned From These Two Games? Plenty.

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on April 8, 2012

For starters, we are blowing past last year’s 3.7 runs a game like “Arazi ran past….” ok, time to put that analogy to bed. But the added offense is impossible to miss. Take away the 2 run bombs from Melky and Pill and you are left with what we  were force fed last year: Pablo and little else. Though it’s early in the year, it certainly *feels* as though we won’t have to win too many 3.7-1.0 games in 2012. Maybe we actually win a few “4.0-1.0” games? It’s possible the team might want to score 4.5 to 5.6 runs on Monday with Zit-man going in Colorado. Probably a good time to trot out the *Zito stat*. What is it? If he gets 4+ runs of supports he’s 112-9? I never understood that stat totally. Is that *more than 4 runs* or *4 or more runs*? Either way, it’s a dumb stat and just about the last vestige of hope that any Zito Apologist can grasp on to. Has anyone noticed that stat getting worse over the last 2 years? It used to be 106-2. It will continue to get worse starting on Monday…….

Even though we are 0-2 I feel like *so far so good*. I don’t think anyone questions our starting pitching and that has been the single main problem with these first two games. The bullpen has been great and the offense has been as advertised: improved…..

Unfortunately we are facing that dukey-soft-tossing-fuck Collmenter today. But he’s not going to get to feast on last year’s punchless group. There’s a good chance we see The White Shark today and maybe Burriss….

I feel confident about this game. We should score 3.7 runs by the 6th inning, ultimately winning 5.6-4.0. Then take a few deep breaths and gear up for Monday’s shellacking. It will NOT be a good thing if Bochy has to eat into his bullpen today……..

1. twinfan1 said, on April 8, 2012 at 3:55 pm

Might as well just fucking send Belt down now- Hit for him and not Crawford or Burriss. Fucking ridiculous. Plus no speed guys left on the bench..

• Flavor said, on April 8, 2012 at 3:59 pm

Not Wotus’ best moment…….

• Del Mar Dennis said, on April 8, 2012 at 3:59 pm

The debate on KNBR with Marty Lurie the last two days was Belt or Goldschmidt?
      I think we know that answer. One is schmidt and the other is shit.

And Posey misses another putout…

• twinfan1 said, on April 8, 2012 at 4:03 pm

Stupid post.

• twinfan1 said, on April 8, 2012 at 4:10 pm

Last year was one thing- this year he should get evey chance- and PHitting for him and not for Crawford and Burriss is a confidence crusher. As I said, just send him out, preferably to another organization.

• Del Mar Dennis said, on April 8, 2012 at 4:11 pm

Great job by Romo to keep the deficit at just one. Pagan, White Shark and Melky due up.
        No he’s a Putz?

2. Sportdude said, on April 8, 2012 at 4:01 pm

Damn this sucks!

3. Del Mar Dennis said, on April 8, 2012 at 4:13 pm

Pagan’s ABs are brutal.

4. Del Mar Dennis said, on April 8, 2012 at 4:18 pm

Well, very interesting now. If Posey gets another 2-0 pitch I hope he’s more selective…

5. Del Mar Dennis said, on April 8, 2012 at 4:20 pm

Jesus H. Fucking Christ. We score the first 6 today and it’s still not enough.
    We’re 0-4.

6. Sportdude said, on April 8, 2012 at 4:20 pm

SHIT!!!!!

7. twinfan1 said, on April 8, 2012 at 4:20 pm

What a revoltin’ development this is !

8. Flavor said, on April 8, 2012 at 4:20 pm

save your posts, I’m going to write tomorrow’s thread now while I’m good and mad.

9. blade3colorado said, on April 8, 2012 at 4:22 pm

Bip Roberts and his sidekick (whoever the fuck that is) said the throw took him (Posey) off the plate. Stand by what I said earlier.

10. twinfan1 said, on April 8, 2012 at 4:25 pm

A Gomez will always get the rap instead of Buster.

• Del Mar Dennis said, on April 8, 2012 at 4:28 pm

Not with me. I hate the white guys just as much…

11. Brian said, on April 8, 2012 at 4:26 pm

Posey had a bad day, negated that 2-run bomb with bad D and bad last AB.

12. twinfan1 said, on April 8, 2012 at 4:29 pm

In ST I thought nothing of it, but Buster wants no part of the plate if he can avoid it.

13. Del Mar Dennis said, on April 8, 2012 at 4:33 pm

Well a lefty won the Masters today. Not the “Lefty,” put another southpaw just the same.
    Congrats to Bubba Watson on winning the Green Jacket. Well deserved.

14. Alleykat said, on April 8, 2012 at 4:35 pm

It’s Bubba Time!!! Congrats !!!! Masters Champion!!!!

15. Flavor said, on April 8, 2012 at 4:35 pm

New fucking thread.

16. PawlieKokonuts said, on April 8, 2012 at 4:36 pm

A very dispiriting outcome. If I were Stixwix — where has he been, in the north woods? — I’d go on at some length. It’s a long season, but this, as with all three games, was within our grasp. It is nearly IMPOSSIBLE for me to bear listening to the AZ announcers, and MLB does not give me our TV guys w/o going Premium. Ain’t happening.

On the cusp of thinking about climbing onto the ledge, though it is irrationally early for that. The shiny silver lining is this: In 2010 I sent an e-mail to Blade giving up on the season, for all practical purposes, in JUNE!

FINISH STRONG.

17. irishman5574 said, on April 8, 2012 at 4:37 pm

They just showed a freeze frame of Busters foot, it was off the plate, if his foot stays flat it is on the plate, up on his toes like he was foot is off the plate