A Place To Talk About Giants Baseball

Melky Could *Beat the Streak* all by Himself/Wine/Dirrrrrrrrty

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on May 28, 2012

Some of you may have noticed my references to a game at mlb.com called “Beat the Streak.” It’s a fun, free contest where the goal is to pick a hitter (two if you want to double down) each day who you think will get a hit. If you can nail 57 in a row you win 5 million bucks. Sounds easy, right? Well, in 12 years of the game being played no one’s ever done it. The longest streak ever is 49 games. This year it’s 36. I currently stand at 10 games. I spend 5 minutes each morning finding my most preferred hitter/pitcher match up. I take into consideration things like their history against, how they are hitting lately, the weather (thank you Blade), etc…..And if you pick a hitter and he doesn’t play or he pinch hits and goes 0-1 or the game gets rained out, you’re screwed. You don’t want to pick a hitter who’s *too* hot cause they usually get walked once or twice and that’s death to your streak. I steer clear of lead off hitters for the same reason. Anyway, my point in explaining the game to all of you is that I have never, not once, used Melky Cabrera as one on my picks. Look at what this beast has done over the last 10 games:

He’s got 22 hits in his last 10 games. You think he’d be a slam dunk pick at BTS, and he is for a lot of people, but I just keep waiting for him to cool off. Expecting it. He HAS to, right? And yet each game he goes out there and bangs out 2, 3, 4 hits. And I’m not using him today, by the way, for many reasons including the fact that I’m pretty stubborn…..

This guy is on pace to blast out 246 hits this year. Surprisingly, that would only be 9th all time. Ichiro had 262 hits in 2004. A bunch of players from the 1920’s make up the rest of the Top 10 All Time. Will Clark, my favorite baseball player of all time, never had 200 hits in a season. For a hit machine like The Thrill, that’s astounding to me…….

Bloggers love to try to tear Sabean down whenever they get the chance. Lately, it’s been about what an idiot he was to not sign Beltran. But when you look at the two trades he DID make (picking up Melky and PaGone! and trading away Dirrrrrty, Torres and Ramirez) it’s impossible to do anything other than bow down and honor Sabes for his amazing skill and acumen in securing these two fantastic players. Collectively, they are on pace to have 438 hits this year. Think about that: with two simple trades that were ignored by most of the baseball world, he might ultimately pick up 438 this year…

The Giants haven’t had that kind of offensive production from two hitters EVER in the history of their franchise (at least in terms of base hits)…..

__________________________________________

I was at Whole Food yesterday and saw this: Anyone ever tried it? It was $30 a bottle so I passed.

________________________________________________________________________

And if you haven’t checked it out in a while, there’s a new sheriff in town at The Flap Fantasy Baseball standings. He’s Dirrrrrrty, he’s sooooooo Dirrrrrrty!

__________________________________________

Happy Memorial Day.

1. DJLoo said, on May 28, 2012 at 7:51 am

I wonder if they’re talking contract extensions with any of these guys…

• twinfan1 said, on May 28, 2012 at 8:30 am

I’m sure they are thinking about, it altough it’s premature on Pagan, who could still totally bite them in the ass. But why would either of them consider it? Even if Melky ended up “only” at last year’s numbers he will be the #1 free agent outfielder out there. Hard to imagine he won’t see what offers are there. He should at least get,if not a lot more, Rowand kind of money. And Craig, correct me if I’m wrong, but weren’t you knocking the extension to Affeldt
      because they could use the bucks toward Beltran? Criticism for Sabes for not going hard for Beltran is totally warranted.

• Flavor said, on May 28, 2012 at 8:37 am

I did criticize signing Affeldt because of the $$ it took away from signing Beltran but when we didn’t get him I certainly didn’t rail on Sabean for 6 months straight (which is what many bloggers STILL do to this day). And I 100% supported the trades for Melk and Pagan (at the time they happened and every day since).

• twinfan1 said, on May 28, 2012 at 8:57 am

You didn’t you rail about it, neither did I- what I did do was support getting Melky and criticize the Pagan deal- and while I’m delighted that he’s hitting, his defense is still a liability and he’s far from a lock to continue hitting, unlike Melky. I don’t have a little fella to do my work for me, but if there’s doubt on what I said about either deal, it should be easy to find my comments.

• DJLoo said, on May 28, 2012 at 9:09 am

You should hire one…

• twinfan1 said, on May 28, 2012 at 9:44 am

Nah, I actually think it’s cute.

2. willieD said, on May 28, 2012 at 8:37 am

oh man, I hate the on pace noise, it’s less than a third of the season. The dodgers aren’t winning 100, the orioles aren’t winning the East, david wright is not hitting .380 nor m. lucroy .345 for the entire season.
    Over a week ago flav and blade had a brief discussion end of a thread about “zito’s back” nonsense, and then he had his worst outing of the season. We’ve seen this act before, where the team never wins for an extended period when he is out there. Combine him with what we’ve seen from lincecum, and back end of the rotation could force the pen to pitch way more innings than would be good.
    Giants have a favorable sched for the next 4 wks, 12 home games out of 15, and the road ones are vs. pads, mariners, angels and the A’s, and pablo due back soon. Next 25 brings them almost to half way point, a better gauge of what you have, what you need, and what if any help might be on the way from minors.

3. DJLoo said, on May 28, 2012 at 8:40 am

I agree it’s premature on Pagan, but I think him and his quirky persona may have found the right home at age 30 after a little bouncing around – kinda like Jeff Kent did at age 29…

4. willieD said, on May 28, 2012 at 8:48 am

I’d also add that next 25 leaves sabes enough time to make decisions on his next moves (like middle IF)…extension for melk obviously would be an expensive one that might preclude other non bargain moves.
    Beltran is a good hitter in a good spot, but another guy I don’t think is going to lead the league in HRs and rbis such as he is “on pace” to do right now. I don’t worry about all the ones who got away.

5. Alleykat said, on May 28, 2012 at 8:48 am

Melky will easily at his pace get his 200+ hits this season joining Willie Mays,Bobby Bonds and Rich Aurilia as the only modern day Giants to accomplish that feat.

6. Flavor said, on May 28, 2012 at 8:50 am

“DJLoo said, on May 28, 2012 at 8:44 am (Edit)
    Yes you did:

Thank you. December 7th. I think that’s early enough to get on board with both of those moves, don’t you guys?

• blade3colorado said, on May 28, 2012 at 9:24 am

Yes, that was a good call Flav. See the 2nd post down on December 7th . . . A day of infamy. Oh wait, that’s another event. Anywho, I was all in baby the day before, as I note in my post.

• twinfan1 said, on May 28, 2012 at 9:26 am

I don’t know that anyone doubted that you liked both deals, most people did. On Pagan, I hated it and not just because of Torres. I had thought Andres would be non-tendered and offered a mimor league deal with a chance to make the team in ST. The trade was a Godsend for Vungo- it netted him about a million five. Pagan hit .241 with a .261 OPB in the 1, 15 games in the 5 he’s hitting .439. He did not become Ted Williams because they moved him. I just hope he crashes gently. Jury is OUT, people.

7. PawlieKokonuts said, on May 28, 2012 at 9:03 am

That Beat the Streak thing is fascinating though not entirely surprising.
    I don’t drink wine but that’s a pretty cool design.
    I’ll be back in first, as a passing, ephemeral phenomenon, like a glance from a babe in a grocery aisle. At someone else.
    Happy Memorial Day.
    Happy girling.

8. PawlieKokonuts said, on May 28, 2012 at 9:04 am

FIFTH PLACE?! I’ve been asleep at the proverbial wheel!

• Nipper said, on May 28, 2012 at 9:18 am

He’s hot. Still this is only May not September.

• Nipper said, on May 28, 2012 at 9:19 am

oops I didn’t mean to reply…..

9. blade3colorado said, on May 28, 2012 at 9:18 am

Weatherproof games: Nationals-Marlins, White Sox-Rays and Orioles-Blue Jays

Cardinals-Braves, Phillies-Mets and Royals-Indians could all experience a mid-to-late afternoon thunderstorm for their Memorial Day matinees, but the rain won’t last long enough to end any of these games prematurely. Other games in MLB are all playable. Book it.

• Nipper said, on May 28, 2012 at 9:26 am

Yes Steve!

• blade3colorado said, on May 28, 2012 at 9:27 am

Sorry I was late . . . I had to get my workout in at the gym. The world is right again. πŸ™‚

10. twinfan1 said, on May 28, 2012 at 9:39 am

When do we get the PTBNL that we were supposed to get in the Pagan trade? Or have we? Or the cash?

• Alleykat said, on May 28, 2012 at 12:54 pm

I can think of a few players on this roster to give them if they still filled they got screwed which they did.But hey if they owe us cash or a low A player bring it.

11. James said, on May 28, 2012 at 9:45 am

If I had to pick one Giant currently playing regularly whose avgs will carry to the end of the season, it would be Posey. A very nice year at the plate so far. Pablo’s return will be insurance against any drop offs from Pagan or Melky.

The wine is produced by Duckhorn. Haven’t tried it, but the stats say there are probably a dozen better $30 bottles from France, Spain or Italy available at any pretty good wine shop.

• Flavor said, on May 28, 2012 at 9:54 am

Well, obviously, you’re paying for the label

• James said, on May 28, 2012 at 10:11 am

Well, yes, it is obvious. But you passed it up, so that’s what I responded to :-).

12. blade3colorado said, on May 28, 2012 at 9:49 am

Flav, after you let that “whine” breath a bit, serve some to Twin . . . Break out some mild cheese too. Perhaps, the Boschetto al Tartufo. πŸ™‚

13. dirtnrocksnomo said, on May 28, 2012 at 9:49 am

Ahhhh, the kiss of death.

$30 is steep but i would try that vino.

14. twinfan1 said, on May 28, 2012 at 9:58 am

Uh, $30 bucks a bottle and it’s GENERIC? Good move passing on it. You’d think the PR folks would be classier than this. Put the label on a cheap Beaujolais and it sells for double..

• twinfan1 said, on May 28, 2012 at 10:09 am

Shit, we used to buy “Chateau Reggie” for 3 bucks a gallon out of an unmarked storefront in North Beath. Went well with wienies cooked on a fork over a gas burner.

• twinfan1 said, on May 28, 2012 at 10:12 am

Yeah, yeah. Before some stickler for detail says it, it was really spelled “Rege”. But there’s not a soul who ever bought it who didn’t think of it as “Reggie”.. it was THAT good

• James said, on May 28, 2012 at 10:12 am

It’s actually a blend of fancy Napa stuff.

• twinfan1 said, on May 28, 2012 at 10:25 am

It’s generic. That’s why it’s called “red”. All generic wine is a blend of grapes.

• twinfan1 said, on May 28, 2012 at 10:30 am

It’s not even a “semi-generic”, like “Burgundy”. It’s el cheapo…

• James said, on May 28, 2012 at 11:32 am

Ok, but it’s a blend that attempts to mimic Bordeaux. The old world hasn’t traditionally marketed by varietal, of course, even when the wine is largely or entirely made up of one type of grape. The US wine industry came up with a pretentious name to describe these higher end blends — Meritage — which has never really caught on. The Giants’ wine is similar to Duckhorn’s Decoy blend (usually ~$20), except it looks like they left out the Cab Franc and substituted more expensive Merlot grapes.

15. twinfan1 said, on May 28, 2012 at 10:41 am

I’m sure it’s delicious, though. Denny will let us know, he’s ordering at Amazon as we speak.

• Del Mar Dennis said, on May 28, 2012 at 10:56 am

Sorry to disappoint, but I’ve never tried “Chateau Reggie.” But I have tried Chateau Lafitte (BRZ) [by Miesque’s Son] at seven furlongs.

• Flavor said, on May 28, 2012 at 11:57 am

I am NEVER gonna get tired of this!

16. mrmrbill said, on May 28, 2012 at 10:47 am

Blanco RF
    Crawford SS
    Cabrera LF
    Pagan CF
    Sanchez C
    Belt 1B
    Arias 3B
    Burriss ??
    Zito

• Del Mar Dennis said, on May 28, 2012 at 11:29 am

Not one of today’s starters was on our 2010’s postseason roster. People say “Change is Good.” But after looking at today’s lineup, I’m not sold.

17. TedSpe said, on May 28, 2012 at 10:51 am

Happy Memorial Day, Flappers !!!

Pop quiz, hotshots:

How can anyone have a lower OBP than batting average?

• twinfan1 said, on May 28, 2012 at 11:13 am

Angel might know, he was close.Actually, more sacrifice flies than walks+HBP= lower OBP than BA

• TedSpe said, on May 28, 2012 at 11:27 am

We have a WINNER !!!

18. twinfan1 said, on May 28, 2012 at 11:01 am

What’s interesting, among other things, about the Pagan trade is that the talk in NY (as per the NYDailyNews) before the trade was that he would be non-tendered. We could have waited, and if he was non-tendered, obtained him for just cash.
    But whatever, not liking the trade doesn’t mean I want him to fail. They should just spring for a motorcycle helmet for the dude..

• Flavor said, on May 28, 2012 at 12:01 pm

possibly, but that’s assuming he would sign with us. If there were other suitors you can bet he’d probably go to another team. Not too many hitters, especially from the east coast, CHOOSE to come to SF…….

19. Del Mar Dennis said, on May 28, 2012 at 11:55 am

Zito gets another chance to lower his ERA today and widen the gap between he and Timmy is my race to see who has lowest at years end. I’m sure that Timmy supporters are hoping for a 10-8 Giants win today. Good luck with that shit. This Cahill Kid (by Cahill Road out of Barelyabride) has been a tough nut to crack. He’s 3-1 (2.16 ERA) (0.900 WHIP) in 5 career starts vs our Giants. This game has 4-3 written all over it.

• Flavor said, on May 28, 2012 at 12:01 pm

He has been tough on us but he was shitty the last time he pitched against us this year. Didn’t he hit like 3 guys in that game?

• twinfan1 said, on May 28, 2012 at 12:20 pm

Denny, this is just further proof of your advanced dementia- if Tim’s ERA was 12 and Zits’ was 1, there’s still no way the Zitman finishes with a lower ERA. How was your night of passion with your GO DADDY doll, BTW? Was Daddy good to Denny?

20. SanDawg said, on May 28, 2012 at 12:31 pm

Crazy Horse batting clean-up? No further research needed for Beat The Streak!!!

21. DJLoo said, on May 28, 2012 at 12:38 pm

The Andres Torres documentary film “Gigante” is premiering at NYU this Thursday. Mrs. Torres gave birth to the couple’s second child (a girl) this morning. With no sleep, Andres just hit a pinch single that he stretched into a hustle double in the bottom of the 8th as the potential tying run.

22. zumie said, on May 28, 2012 at 1:21 pm

The awful .291-hitting Tony Gwynn, Jr., who is clearly an embarrassment to give up a hit to, had two hits and 2 RBIs, as the Dodgers won another game yesterday.

• twinfan1 said, on May 28, 2012 at 1:35 pm

It’s the awful *currently* hitting .294, Tony Gwynn, Jr. ..which does makee him Tony Gwynn, Sr. compared to the other guys Tim’s serving lollipops to.

• zumie said, on May 28, 2012 at 1:44 pm

Well, he is a “headcase” after all, and deserving of as much ridicule as possible.

• Flavor said, on May 28, 2012 at 1:45 pm

Zumie, if I say pitching is mostly mental do you still feel like Timmy is getting dissed?

• zumie said, on May 28, 2012 at 2:14 pm

Well, I’m not sure exactly what it means, because pretty much everything is mental to some degree. I would agree that a loss of confidence is an issue at times, when pitchers struggle, like Tim is struggling. That could be considered “mental,” but seems like a loaded word to me.

• twinfan1 said, on May 28, 2012 at 2:42 pm

He’s deserving of criticism for *clearly* losing focus, concentration, whatever the fuck you want to to call it, when things start to to bad . *You* could hit the shit he’s dished up to Gwynn, Cowgill, and Coghlan. You don’t like the word “headcase”, fine, there are characterizations that may be more apt- like he’s quitting when the going gets tough. Better?

• zumie said, on May 28, 2012 at 2:48 pm

There’s no way to know that any of that is true. If an athlete is struggling, it doesn’t mean they’re quitting. In fact, it’s usually quite the opposite. They’re usually trying harder than ever.

23. Flavor said, on May 28, 2012 at 1:49 pm

Today’s BTS picks are locked in! Pagan and Hamilton to get my streak to 12!

• Macdog said, on May 28, 2012 at 1:53 pm

With Zito pitching, I might’ve recommended a D-Back. But then he’s as likely to walk someone as give up a hit, and there’s always a chance he won’t last long anyway.

• Flavor said, on May 28, 2012 at 1:55 pm

I looked at all of them. Their stats pretty much suck against him. The only guys I ever consider on the D-backs are Upton and Montero anyway. I think I took Aaron Hill one time because he was hitting .400 off some dude and he never walks.

• Del Mar Dennis said, on May 28, 2012 at 2:04 pm

Sorry to say you’re all in on PaGone, Flav. Hamilton isn’t in the Rangers starting lineup today. Doesn’t help my fantasy team any much either.

• Flavor said, on May 28, 2012 at 2:08 pm

No fucking way. I didn’t even check to see if he was in the LU, I just assumed he’d be in there. I’ve never actually had this happen, I’m assuming that means I’m out but if he doesn’t get an at bat maybe not? We’ll see

24. Macdog said, on May 28, 2012 at 2:01 pm

And what’s this I hear? Big Flav is coming to the Big Apple! Man, it’d be worth it to go to the Belmont just to meet up with you at the track (plus I’ve always wanted to go there with a Triple Crown at stake), but it’s likely I’ll be working that day.

25. Flavor said, on May 28, 2012 at 2:14 pm

Just checked the rules, as long as he doesn’t get an official at bat I’m all good.

26. Del Mar Dennis said, on May 28, 2012 at 2:18 pm

ERA Race Update: With that perfect 1-2-3 first, Zito lowered his ERA from 3.53 down to 3.46.
    Timmy’s gonna be so far behind in this race that we’ll need a Telescope (AUS) [by Galileo (IRE)] to see him.

• zumie said, on May 28, 2012 at 2:20 pm

Troll.

• Del Mar Dennis said, on May 28, 2012 at 2:30 pm

Trolling (by Street Sense out of Gimme Some Love)

27. Macdog said, on May 28, 2012 at 2:22 pm

Speed kills!

28. Macdog said, on May 28, 2012 at 2:24 pm

Triple notch on that Belt!

29. zumie said, on May 28, 2012 at 2:36 pm

Because that flyball needed more drama. (grin)

30. zumie said, on May 28, 2012 at 2:45 pm

This is a pretty darned groovy productive outfield the Giants have. Gotta like those guys.

31. Del Mar Dennis said, on May 28, 2012 at 2:47 pm

The feature race at Belmont today is the Met Mile. One of my all-time favorite races. It’s been won by such greats as Kelso, Buckpasser and Forego just to name a few. And by some of my personal all-time favs like Gulch, In Excess, You and I and Ghostzapper.

Today’s edition has the ultimate swami angle in To Honor And Serve running as we pay homage on Memorial Day. I’d like to say thank you to TF and all the other men and women who frequent the Flap and around the world for their service. Many sacrifices have been and will continue to be made to keep this great country of ours The Land of the Free and Home of the Brave. Thank you.

32. James said, on May 28, 2012 at 2:54 pm

Zito is pitching to contact.

• sandog said, on May 28, 2012 at 4:34 pm

He’s always had a gift for that.

33. blade3colorado said, on May 28, 2012 at 3:04 pm

Not certain anyone here is a big boxing fan like I am . . . Today Johnny Tapia, a five time World Champion boxer, died . . . Probably of a drug overdose. Tapia’s life began with tragedy. His father was murdered while his mother was pregnant with him. When he was eight years old, his mother, Virginia, was kidnapped, raped, hanged, repeatedly stabbed (22 times with an ice pick), and left for dead by her assailant. She died 4 days later.

In 1988, he began is professional career, which was interrupted by bouts outside the ring with substance abuse followed by treatment in rehab centers. “Four times I was declared dead. Four times they wanted to pull life support. And many more times I came close to dying. But I have lived and had it all. I have been wealthy and lost it all. I have been famous and infamous. Five times I was a world champion. You tell me. Am I lucky or unlucky?” RIP Johnny.

34. Macdog said, on May 28, 2012 at 3:34 pm

Pagan comes through for Big Flav!

• sandog said, on May 28, 2012 at 3:35 pm

Stole my thunder, but I love it!

• Flavor said, on May 28, 2012 at 3:40 pm

What a weasel hit, but I’ll take it. Streak just hit 11!!!! Now I just have to pray Hamilton doesn’t get an official at bat.

35. zumie said, on May 28, 2012 at 3:35 pm

Barry “Persona non grata” Bonds. Officially completely erased from memory by the 2010 team. It’s like K&K are talking to a ghost. Barry’s an inconvenient reminder of the height of the steroid era. Sad situation for the dude.

• sandog said, on May 28, 2012 at 3:40 pm

I don’t know if I’d go that far. No doubt he’s got a black cloud hanging over him, and even I, a huge Barry guy, don’t even think of him as the all time HR King, BUT he is far from forgotten in my book. Too many great moments and I don’t think we have ATT Park without Barry making the Giants relevant.

• Bozo said, on May 28, 2012 at 3:48 pm

Getting Bonds WAS a big turning point for the ball park.
        I used to go to a lot of games both at the stick and Pac Bell. When I got to see Bonds on an everyday basis I was stunned (seeing the Pirates when they would come to town or seeing a game on TV was just not the same IMO).
        Say what you want about the guy but I have never, never seen a left handed hitter turn on an inside fastball like Barry.

• zumie said, on May 28, 2012 at 3:50 pm

I meant more in terms of the Giants organization, and the casual fans. The hardcore fans will remember lots of great moments. And if the 2002 team had won the World Series, Barry’s status in the world of the Giants would be totally different.

36. Bozo said, on May 28, 2012 at 3:35 pm

That guy in the booth looks like he could hit.

37. Salty Dog said, on May 28, 2012 at 3:57 pm

Great to see Zits on. Possibly a little more pumped today for the troops, on whose behalf he has raised money.

• blade3colorado said, on May 28, 2012 at 4:02 pm

Salty Dog makes a comment about how well Zito is pitching. I think I spotted one from James too. Almost as if everyone else thinks that if they say how well he is pitching, Barry will bring out the “gas can” and pfffffft! Doesn’t look like it will happen. Great game Barry! πŸ™‚

38. Macdog said, on May 28, 2012 at 4:01 pm

It’s too bad Barry never showed the more pleasant side of his personality during his playing days instead of being a surly bastard. He might be given a little more slack from the media and fans, although probably not much more.

39. zumie said, on May 28, 2012 at 4:02 pm

A Greg Kihn sighting. Cool.

• James said, on May 28, 2012 at 4:08 pm

I remember when he was behind the counter here:

I spent more time in that store than I did in class.

• zumie said, on May 28, 2012 at 4:16 pm

Awesome story from Greg. Great times.

• zumie said, on May 28, 2012 at 4:18 pm

“I spent more time in that store than I did in class.” Those were magical times in the world of indie music.

• Macdog said, on May 28, 2012 at 4:08 pm

“I Lost on Jeopardy.” Oh wait, that was Weird Al.

40. twinfan1 said, on May 28, 2012 at 4:19 pm

Zito is evil, Blade. One night as little Timmy slept, Zito stole his mojo…

41. Macdog said, on May 28, 2012 at 4:30 pm

That’s if Timmy doesn’t lie awake nights thinking, “I should’ve taken the money. . .”

42. blade3colorado said, on May 28, 2012 at 4:41 pm

Good ones Mac and Twin . . . laughed at both.

43. sandog said, on May 28, 2012 at 4:42 pm

Looks like this one isn’t going to fit under the “no sweat” column for Santiago.

• twinfan1 said, on May 28, 2012 at 4:52 pm

I was hating the “no sweats”. This was way more like it.

44. Macdog said, on May 28, 2012 at 4:52 pm

What a finish, and a great way to start the homestand! Zito fools us all again and everyone except Crawdaddy gets a hit. Time to fire up some BBQ chicken. Enjoy the rest of the day everyone!

45. Del Mar Dennis said, on May 28, 2012 at 4:59 pm

I said “This game has 4-3 written all over it” at 11:55 this morning. I knew I shouldn’t have underestimated Zito and his now 3.41 ERA. That is now exactly a full three runs less than Timmy’s. Yep, the Mayans are right. With shit that weird the world has to end on December 21.

• twinfan1 said, on May 28, 2012 at 5:14 pm

“Zito the Great” is easily your most annoying spiel-congratulations.

• blade3colorado said, on May 28, 2012 at 5:17 pm

Dennis “knew.”

“If I don’t know I don’t know, I think I know. If I don’t know I know, I think I don’t know.”
      R. D. Laing

• Del Mar Dennis said, on May 28, 2012 at 6:19 pm

What the hell does a lesbian country singer know about psychiatry?

46. Salty Dog said, on May 28, 2012 at 5:01 pm

Casilla has been stellar, with just 6 walks all year. Hensley a key inning, too. Good error free game, some timely hitting. G’s making their move with 8 of the last 12.

• James said, on May 28, 2012 at 5:16 pm

Casilla with a better BB/IP ratio than Romo . . . . fantastic.

• twinfan1 said, on May 28, 2012 at 5:27 pm

The recent good work from Edlefsen and Loux is encouraging. Long relief had been just horrible…

47. Del Mar Dennis said, on May 28, 2012 at 6:10 pm

The Celtics scored a grand total of 11 pts. in the 1Q vs the Heat.
    Chuck scores more at the whorehouse.

• blade3colorado said, on May 28, 2012 at 6:15 pm

Yeah, but no one can compare with you when it comes to scoring with the Danica blow up doll . . . πŸ™‚

Who loves ya Dennis? We do.

• Nipper said, on May 28, 2012 at 6:55 pm

BLEEP!

48. twinfan1 said, on May 28, 2012 at 7:05 pm

For about 30 bucks on EBay you can get a Barbie “I wanna be a race car driver” doll. Think of it as a trainer doll.
    dooll

• Nipper said, on May 28, 2012 at 7:12 pm

Where’s Ken?

• blade3colorado said, on May 28, 2012 at 7:18 pm

“Think of it as a trainer doll.”

β€œThe horror! The horror!”
      ― Joseph Conrad, Heart of Darkness

49. willieD said, on May 28, 2012 at 8:15 pm

You know, I remember a co. that put out some funny barbie shit—one was called “trailer trash barbie”, with a cigarette, shorts, and a kid on each hip. Ken was a little different too, with electric blue eye shadow.

50. James said, on May 28, 2012 at 8:30 pm

Before Todd Haynes started making big pictures, he was responsible for this Ken and Barbie apotheosis:

51. Bozo said, on May 28, 2012 at 8:35 pm

Continuing with the love fest theme going on here, well ah, sort of. I really hope Freddy Sanchez makes it back. I know I should just give it up, but I can’t. I mean the little guy overcame clubfeet, that had him in therapy as a kid just so the dude could walk. Think about it, the guy has probably been in therapy since he could remember. In 06 he came off the bench to play third for the Pirates, got over 800,000 write-in votes to become an All Star. Became the batting champ that year, was the lone Pirate rep for the AS the next year. Became a Giant and not only became a World Champ but also helped the Giants win their first flag in SF. The smart money would be for me to just join the “He’s Toast” camp but damn man, I sure would like to see that little frucker get a few more days in the sun.

Now about that Danica blow up doll…

• twinfan1 said, on May 28, 2012 at 8:48 pm

The “DP Pro” comes with a kick starter for the strapon, for the rough trade..

• twinfan1 said, on May 28, 2012 at 8:57 pm

I’ve always been a little hard on the Fruckster but when they got him to play, he was way better than I expected. I never did get that little spin move when he fielded a grounder, reminded me of Sammy, a little terrier of mine, he did a little circle before he did anything- circled the food bowl, before he laid down, etc. He even looked a little like Freddy. Anyway, I hope he makes it back too, but please: no two hole. He and Mudbug are 7/8…

52. Salty Dog said, on May 28, 2012 at 8:37 pm

Brewers hold on to beat LA.

53. DJLoo said, on May 28, 2012 at 8:59 pm

If the playoffs were starting next week and the Giants were in, who would be the 4 starters and would the 5th starter be left off the roster?

• twinfan1 said, on May 28, 2012 at 9:01 pm

Zits is still out…

• blade3colorado said, on May 28, 2012 at 9:04 pm

They all go or no one goes . . .

Dopey

Sneezey

Happy

Sleepy and these three too!

Grumpy

Bashful

Doc

54. twinfan1 said, on May 28, 2012 at 9:00 pm

Night all. Can you hear it? All the way from Pinole- Denny’s firin’ up the DP Pro… Go Daddy!!!

• blade3colorado said, on May 28, 2012 at 9:02 pm

lqtm

55. SanDawg said, on May 28, 2012 at 9:11 pm

How do you crazy kids do that trick where you insert a Youtube video directly into the blog?
    Ah screw it, humor me and look this up the old fashioned way. I’d like to see Freddy come back as well. If I could send him a message, it would go something like this:

56. sandog said, on May 28, 2012 at 9:14 pm

That’s all there is to it? I must say I’m impressed.
    Was ever a line delivered with more passion?
    I’d leave Zito out of the rotation as well.

• blade3colorado said, on May 28, 2012 at 9:16 pm

SD, so how did you do it? I can do the link, but not the actual YouTube video????????

• sandog said, on May 28, 2012 at 9:20 pm

I just pasted in the link thinking it was going to be prehistoric and you guys were going to have to copy and paste it and the next thing I know Judge Smails is staring at me in all of this maniacal glory!

57. sandog said, on May 28, 2012 at 9:18 pm

OK, I’m also having that same issue Snarrk mentioned the other day about having to log in before comments post. I also have some weird deal where sometimes I’m listed as SanDawg and other times sandog. I thought it had something to do with me sometimes using an I-Pad and other times using the TwinFan6000, but now I got listed both ways using only the TF6. Weird. I’m calling it a night.

58. sandog said, on May 28, 2012 at 9:26 pm

Hello, Hello out there. Is this thing on? I’m throwing gold out there like popcorn and I’m getting nothing but crickets. Fuck you all I’m going to bed. (insert gay ass smiley face–that’s the next thing I’m gonna figure out)

• blade3colorado said, on May 28, 2012 at 9:28 pm

lqtm.

59. blade3colorado said, on May 28, 2012 at 9:34 pm

60. blade3colorado said, on May 28, 2012 at 9:35 pm

Gawd Nabbit’ Jed . . . It works!