A Place To Talk About Giants Baseball

Texas Returns to SF

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on June 8, 2012

My memories of the 2010 World Series are crystal clear but my feelings about the Texas Rangers are staid and subdued. A lot of the same players are on their current team but when I think about them it’s hard for me to get too worked up. Maybe that’s because we kicked their ass.

On the other hand, our team is completely different than the one who won it all a couple of years ago.

Wilson and Franchez: hurt.

Burrell, Renteria, Uribe, Torres, Ross: Gone.

Huff: ghost.

As you all know, I went to Game 1 of that bad boy. Here is the box score. That night, Freddy was the best baseball player the world had ever known.

The energy in the yard that night was like nothing I’d ever been a part of. Pawlie, who I met before the game, watched it from the knothole section in right field. Here’s a video I took from our seats after what I think was a Huff hit. It may also have been after one of Freddy’s many doubles. I can’t quite remember:

Anyway, I’m out for the weekend, off to New York to take in The Belmont Stakes and what I hope is a historic triple crown victory. If you guys want to check out the pics I’ll be posting from Belmont Park you can follow me on twitter. I rarely use that account for anything but it appears that pics are easier to upload there than at facebook. Anyway, I’m @1flapdown77

catch you on the flip side…..

1. twinfan1 said, on June 8, 2012 at 10:04 pm

Pill down, Panda up

• twinfan1 said, on June 8, 2012 at 10:06 pm

Pablo should be in the LU tomorrow.

2. Alleykat said, on June 8, 2012 at 10:09 pm

Hammerin Hank Schuman….Reporting with the famous…Breaking News that Brett Pill will be optioned.out for the return off the Panda Man
    tomorrow.

3. Macdog said, on June 8, 2012 at 10:24 pm

Fuentes, wow.

• blade3colorado said, on June 8, 2012 at 10:34 pm

No kidding. I had that worthless piece of shit on my Flap team and he cost me 1.5 points. Easy fucking save and he blows it. Ironically, I have Putz, who got the “vulture” win on my other FL team. The Lord taketh and he giveth away . . . 🙂

• twinfan1 said, on June 8, 2012 at 10:48 pm

He was a big part of why Geren was canned- Denny will love this- Geren was persistent in using him in non-save situations. In this case, Denny would be right, Geren had zero clue, using him in tie games on the road. Fuentes was very public about his displeasure. Fuentes should have just shut up and done his job, he wasn’t pitching well, but he *was* right..

• blade3colorado said, on June 8, 2012 at 10:54 pm

Well, it will be interesting now – as interesting as the Oakland A’s can be anyway – you have Grant Balfour, who was absolutely pissed off (rightfully so, but should have shut up too) about being pulled as the closer; and, an up and comer, Ryan Cook, who has been lights out, except for one hiccup about two weeks ago.

I found the excerpt from the Balfour fiasco where Fuentes replaced him . . . “I had a couple bad games,” Balfour said. “I feel like I pitched pretty good for the last year and a month, and a couple bad games and there goes that. It’s kind of a bummer.” Melvin said Balfour could regain the closer role at some point this season, but will now pitch in the seventh and eighth innings.

4. twinfan1 said, on June 8, 2012 at 10:28 pm

No surprise on Pill but I feel bad for the guy. Maybe he’ll get a September call but this was probably his shot. Like I said last night- when you’re not hitting *and* getting replaced for defense, not a good thing…

5. twinfan1 said, on June 8, 2012 at 10:54 pm

Update on Dirrty: it isn’t going well for him in 3 rehab starts either. I’d have to think his future is very uncertain right now. Maybe he needs his Dad again..Night all.
    dad

• blade3colorado said, on June 8, 2012 at 10:58 pm

Yeah, he pitched on Sunday and allowed six runs on six hits and four walks in just 2 2/3 innings, so there is clearly some rust to shake off before he gets back to the big leagues.

6. Nipper said, on June 9, 2012 at 4:48 am

In conclusion: Down with horse racing. Yea to horses. Down with betting of all kinds. Bad karma. Down with juiced horses and juiced ballplayers. Oh and Zumie you’re wrong as usual. I am not Soph and do not write like him. I do not think like him. Soph copies me. Got it? Now go read another book. Giants desperately need an out of shape Pablo. That’s what baseball has become. Hitters are in short supply even out of shape players.