A Place To Talk About Giants Baseball

Belt Blasts Off! (thanks to Big Flavor)

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on June 13, 2012

Sorry it took me so long to get around to sending Belt some of my special mojo. Last night’s call conjured up my *A’s 6 Giants 0* prediction from 2008……

Hopefully that bomb is enough to bump him into 3rd place in the all star voting. Hit 2 or 3 of those bad boys and he’ll relegate Votto to the bench. 🙂

Since I’m hot right now, I’ll say Cain pitches a no hitter tonight. Why not?

Today is post 768 for those of you keeping score at home.

Ok, gotta bounce………

1. blade3colorado said, on June 13, 2012 at 7:28 am

Weatherproof games: Nationals-Blue Jays, Red Sox-Marlins, Mets-Rays and Padres-Mariners

Clear skies and mid-70s temperatures will provide perfect baseball weather in the majority of MLB ballparks on Wednesday night. The only trouble spots are a slight chance for a pop-up storm in Kansas City that could delay the start of Brewers-Royals, and Phillies-Twins could possibly experience a thunderstorm about an hour after first pitch.

2. willieD said, on June 13, 2012 at 8:08 am

I threw something out there end of last thread post, that imo the 9th was mishandled and the 3 relievers should not have been necessary if romo had been left in to finish up with the score 6-2 after belt HR.
    I think it was great that romo was brought in during the most stressful part of the game—bum just gave up a few rockets, and lead is down to 4-2 and there is RISP. He k’s the guy to end the inning. Using 3 other guys with a 4 run lead makes zero sense to me. Let romo hit and K, and let him finish off the stros and the others rest.
    I’d rank pen guys in terms of talent like this:
    romo
    casilla
    lopez
    hensley
    affeldt

• unca_chuck said, on June 13, 2012 at 11:45 am

When Romo came in to the game, it was a save situation (4-1). When Belt hit the homer, it wasn’t a save situation (6-2) going in to the 9th. So, the underlings came in. They didn’t WANT to use 3 guys. Hensley and Lopez both didn’t get the job done. When it again became a save situation, they brought in Casilla.

Besides, Romo is coming off tweaks to both knees, and I’m sure Bochy didn’t wat to use him too much. Having him pitch 1.2 innings woukldn’t be proudent at this point.

3. denniszu said, on June 13, 2012 at 8:27 am

I’ve always been a big fan of Nate and I was happy to see him make a decent offense and defense performance last night.. He’s a streaky performer, as we all know, and here’s hoping he gets more opportunities (assuming trade bait doesn’t materialize)….

• twinfan1 said, on June 13, 2012 at 8:34 am

Well, hard to see him getting more than spot starts if the other 3 are healthy.

• denniszu said, on June 13, 2012 at 8:58 am

No question – he’s the 4th outfielder….

4. twinfan1 said, on June 13, 2012 at 8:30 am

*Obviously* the plan was was to use *one* other guy, Bochy can’t pitch for them, too. He’s the best at managing the pen, better than even I would be. I know that Willie has been worried about pen over use as the year goes on- but it has never happened under Bochy, even when non-inning eaters like Zits and Dirrrty were both in the pen.

5. raymond said, on June 13, 2012 at 8:40 am

I posted this at the end of yesterday’s
    thread, but thought I’d post again here…it’s about Timmy. :

completely agree with your post flav…I was just waiting for Timmy’s blow up. I think Bochy needs to baby him more, like he used to do with zito. he shouldnt of been allowed to pitch to Hamilton and give up run 4 and 5. either
    completely pitch around, intentional walk or pulled him. and, no gem coming in seattle

• twinfan1 said, on June 13, 2012 at 9:31 am

He doesn’t need babied, just the opposite. He needs to Timmy Up and get past making the killing pitch, not having Bochy save him. If he needs to be Zitted, they blew 40 million bucks for a million buck pitcher…

6. Salty Dog said, on June 13, 2012 at 8:41 am

Yeah, pen mgmt is never a concern. Never question t it. It’s in good hands.

7. Salty Dog said, on June 13, 2012 at 8:51 am

Good to see Stratton signed and ready to go. What’s the feeling about Chris Heston, down in AA Richmond? IF Tim continued to struggle, I wonder if they would skip him and give Heston a start.

• Flavor said, on June 13, 2012 at 9:00 am

I think it’s clear they are going to give Tim a shot vs his hometown team. If he can’t shut down Sea then they’ll probably find a toenail strain or something and DL him. Unfortunately, that’ll probably fuck his head up more–lottsa time to think about shit when you’re chillin’ on the DL

• twinfan1 said, on June 13, 2012 at 9:02 am

They’d probably go with either Loux or Hacker first. For just a start or two- Loux, since he’s here. Longer, Hacker.

8. Nipper said, on June 13, 2012 at 8:59 am

Belt apparently was inspired after BUM’s HR. I hope he stays inspired for a few more. Really he’s the one player we all hope succeeds here.

9. DJLoo said, on June 13, 2012 at 8:59 am

What happened to Brad Penny?

• Flavor said, on June 13, 2012 at 9:01 am

Gave up 3 ER in one inn last night in Fresno

• willieD said, on June 13, 2012 at 9:01 am

got his ass lit up last night in minors in brief appearance.

• Nipper said, on June 13, 2012 at 9:05 am

Anyone bend down for a Penny?

10. willieD said, on June 13, 2012 at 9:00 am

lowrie, according to what I heard last night has best power numbers for all SS, but..is hitting .204 vs. LHP, .677 OPS. Last night 0-4 with 3 ks. I know bum was dealing and there aren’t many better as LHP. No ? he would be an upgrade to what we have (and has exp at 3b I think), I just wonder if he could put up such numbers at ATT, and how expensive he would be in terms of talent required if the stros were even interested in trading him.
    Keep your eyes open next two series–both stros and M’s aren’t going anywhere and might have guys available if SF wanted to make a deal to improve the team…which btw has the 3rd best record in the entire league despite injuries and ineffectiveness of $20 million ace.

• twinfan1 said, on June 13, 2012 at 9:10 am

As Craig pointed out, and what has been known about Lowrie- he’s been injury prone- undoubtedly why Boston traded him for a relief pitcher. Also, we don’t know if he’s available, as I’ve said and Willie acknowledges. If Houston would want to move him, his health history still impacts his value…
      Also, pray Penny continues to get lit up..

11. Nipper said, on June 13, 2012 at 9:02 am

When it comes to pitchers, I just don’t think Bochy deserves to be second guessed. He knows what he knows and it’s a hell of a lot more than anyone on the web.

12. DJLoo said, on June 13, 2012 at 9:04 am

If by some chance the Mets DFA Andres Torres, does he make any sense for the Giants if they could get him for next to nothing?

• Flavor said, on June 13, 2012 at 9:13 am

Sure. I’d take him over Nate in a second

• denniszu said, on June 13, 2012 at 9:26 am

Flav, I like Andres but he’s never going to be close to giving a ’10 performance…
        Nate’s worth is higher…in my view…

• twinfan1 said, on June 13, 2012 at 9:22 am

As much as I love Vungo, if the Mets DFA him, we’re not signing him unless it was minor league deal. Is it rumored they would release him?

• DJLoo said, on June 13, 2012 at 9:28 am

Only in my living room….

13. dirtnrocksnomo said, on June 13, 2012 at 9:31 am

Belt hit that bomb with such an easy swing. Seeing that just makes you hope he can pick it up. That is the bat this club needs.

• twinfan1 said, on June 13, 2012 at 9:39 am

Obviously he has to start doing that more often and just about everyone knows he will. As was noted on the broadcast and as we could tell from the sound, he didn’t even get all of it. I’m still chuckling over his statement after the game that he’s been trying to get his swing back to how it used to be. Does the Bammer know that?

14. Alleykat said, on June 13, 2012 at 9:46 am

Anyone think Mark Appel will stiff the Pirates and go back to Stanford after his hometown Astros passed on him and he slid to #8 losing around 2 mil in that slot?

• Flavor said, on June 13, 2012 at 10:43 am

I think he’s going to sign, especially after getting lit up in the regionals

15. ewisco said, on June 13, 2012 at 10:15 am

From the end of the last thread:

nate seems to be starting one of his hitting streaks but i don’t see how you break up that outfield. Blanco’s been scuffling a bit but Pagan seems to hit so much better down in the order that i’d hate to see him up top. But with everyone healthy, maybe for today you go: pagan, melky, posey, sandoval, nate, belt, theriot, arias, cain?

16. DJLoo said, on June 13, 2012 at 10:29 am

I’ve been in favor of hitting Posey behind Sandoval to protect him a little better – plus I just don’t like the idea of a catcher hitting too high up in the order. Then again, since pitchers know Sandoval swings at anything would he actually see better pitches to hit?

• Flavor said, on June 13, 2012 at 10:45 am

Pablo’s self control at the plate (home, not dinner) actually has gotten much better this year. Since he’s come back he’s been overanxious but I bet that improves as he gets used to being back (return, not baby)

• ewisco said, on June 13, 2012 at 10:53 am

yeah i played around with those two. you can make a case either way. you can also mix and match with nate, belt and theriot. it’s really kind of a gut feeling about who might produce on any given night. put theriot in the middle so you go l, r, l, r at the bottom (not including Cain)?

• twinfan1 said, on June 13, 2012 at 11:16 am

Nate has proven over and over and over that he is a 4th OFer, no more.

• ewisco said, on June 13, 2012 at 11:29 am

I hear what your saying but nate does get on tears every now and then and this seems like one. so one more day to give blanco a blow?

• twinfan1 said, on June 13, 2012 at 11:33 am

Maybe, but Nate has been below the Bocock line against lefties this year, and Blanco has hit them well.

• twinfan1 said, on June 13, 2012 at 11:15 am

Before Panda came back I read that they didn’t want to change Melky/Posey in the 3/4. And as people familiar with constructing a LU know- there is not a huge difference between the 4 and the 5. They go to two power hitters who also hit for average, with the 4 going to the better of the two. As things settle down, that should be Pablo of course. Other than that, Theriot is not a good enough hitter to be in the two, Bochy is going with the “best white short guy” theory.

• ewisco said, on June 13, 2012 at 11:30 am

so who’s your two? pagan?

• twinfan1 said, on June 13, 2012 at 11:36 am

Yes. Or Melky again. People just refuse to understand that the 2 hitter should be one of the two or three best hitters, not one of the worst.

17. eddacker said, on June 13, 2012 at 11:33 am

seems I missed a corker of a game last night. AND, damnit missed my Belt beltin’ one. replays are cool, but I love the live action. After a result like last night I am starting to see the 2010 “who be the guy” team effort any die hard Gmen fan loves for the 21st century Giants.
    woo hoo!

18. Alleykat said, on June 13, 2012 at 11:36 am

Penny would only be used in relief for maybe a few innings,George “Of the jungle” Kontos can handle that role just fine.IMO

• Flavor said, on June 13, 2012 at 11:49 am

If Penny gets his shit together and Timmy hits DL with fake injury you can bet Denny’s last dollar that Penny is the guy who replaces him

• twinfan1 said, on June 13, 2012 at 12:11 pm

Huge huge “if”…Short term, Loux. Longer, Hacker. IMHO..

19. unca_chuck said, on June 13, 2012 at 11:51 am

WillieD, I posted this to your response yesterday:

When Romo came in to the game, it was a save situation (4-1). When Belt hit the homer, it wasn’t a save situation (6-2). So, the underlings came in. When it again became a save situation, they brought in Casilla. Bcohy didn’t WANT to use 3 guys. Hensley and Lopez both didn’t get the job done.

Besides, Romo is coming off tweaks to both knees, and I’m sure Bochy didn’t wat to use him too much. Having him pitch 1.2 innings woukldn’t be prudent at this point.

20. Bomber said, on June 13, 2012 at 11:52 am

Everybody knows Nate is either hot or terrible so since he’s hitting right now maybe the 4 outfielders switch off on the DH. I did hear Bochy mention that Huff would get some AB’s because they’d be playing in some AL parks. If Belt does anything in the next 2 games I hope he doesn’t sit Belt and use Huff. Bum smiled rounded the bases after crushing that homer, loved that. He doesn’t show much emotion.

21. unca_chuck said, on June 13, 2012 at 11:54 am

I donl’ think they’ll DL Timmy. I’d think they’d just skip a turn. Unless he gets lit up by the anemic Mariners.

22. twinfan1 said, on June 13, 2012 at 12:04 pm

Off to PT…Looks like Mickey is going to make it, BTW. “FIP” is nearly always fatal, I’m told. He must know I need him 🙂

• Alleykat said, on June 13, 2012 at 12:43 pm

Let’s all crack a Mickey’s Big Mouth for Mickey!!!

23. DJLoo said, on June 13, 2012 at 12:27 pm

Go Mickey!!

24. Giantsforever5555 said, on June 13, 2012 at 12:32 pm

Hey Guys, it’s been a few years so glad to see you all still here & more. Been kinda honeymoon phasing for a few years with a real sports fan & have none to little time to even read. I have some down time now & can catch up ! My fav player is Mad Bum ever since I saw him at the plate, nothing better than a pitcher thats a threat at the plate. Been to 16 games in 2 years @ 5 different parks, ATT still the best !! As always thanks Big Flav for all your hard work, & all of you great Giants fans,I enjoy ready everyone’s point of view . Go Giants !!

25. unca_chuck said, on June 13, 2012 at 2:38 pm

Good for Mickey. And good for you, Mike. Pets are great, but their problem is they don’t last long enough. Our cat was 12 when she was chased up a tree by a loose dog, and broke her pelvis. My wife and daughters had to put her down. Of course I had just gotten on a plane for Houston an hour before it happened. My daughers were 4 and 2 when we got her, and Tabitha (a little black and grey tabby. Get it?) was a big part of their lives. Our Jozie dog is 10 now and starting to slow down. I hope she has 3 more good years.

Crazier still, when I was a kid, my brother got a dog (Andy) from the pound when I was 6. Total mutt. Part German shepard, terrier, beagle, and a few other things. We took care of him together, and then my mom ended up taking care of him when we grew up and left. He died when I was 23. It was devastating. The dog was way too smart for his own good, and even at 17 and deaf as a post, escaped from the back yard to chase some tail.

• Flavor said, on June 13, 2012 at 2:50 pm

we’ve got 2 cats but they are Katie’s. I refuse to get close to them (*close* as in feeling like they’re mine). I put *my* cat down about 8 years ago and it’s just too goddamn hard to do. I’ve personally had 6 cats and 4 dogs and it was devastating each time to put them down. When Reno and Carson (we adopted them from a friend who lives in Reno) need to go down I’m hoping it will be easier for me knowing that they’re her cats. Of course, she’ll be devastated so that won’t make any of this any easier. I would be fine with no more animals ever again but doubt she’ll let me get a way with that………

• ewisco said, on June 13, 2012 at 2:53 pm

Got a dog after college. 1/2 lab 1/2 shepard. best dog ever. constant companion for near to 15 years. women would complain: “you love that dog more than you love me!”. My answer was if i came home late, he was happy to see me. come home drunk, happy to see me. bring home some woman, happy to see me. “If you acted that way i might just love you more than the dog.” completely and utterly devestated when his time came. fortunately i was living in chicago and their was this doc who came to the apt. Duke went out with the taste of steak in his mouth and his head on my lap. That was 16 years ago and i’m choking up just typing this.

26. DJLoo said, on June 13, 2012 at 2:57 pm

No more animals for me – probably no more women either.
    Not that there’s any difference…

27. Flavor said, on June 13, 2012 at 2:57 pm

I can’t wait for the next hot new rumor to come out of Loo’s living room….Those living room Loo cats are way ahead of any tipster I’ve ever met.

28. Flavor said, on June 13, 2012 at 3:30 pm

apparently, it’s a slow afternoon in Loo’s living room……
    I’m trying, for like the 5th time, to force myself to use Twitter more often. I’ve added a widget to the right. I still don’t totally understand twitter but there is just too much info getting tweeted to not organize it and follow it……..

29. unca_chuck said, on June 13, 2012 at 3:53 pm

It is pretty good when you need up-to-date info from local scribes. I use it for my blog when there’s actually things going on . . .

30. TedSpe said, on June 13, 2012 at 3:54 pm

Ooh. I read Mickey was ill but I missed the part about FIP. Count your blessings, twin. Good showing

31. twinfan1 said, on June 13, 2012 at 3:54 pm

My daughter, her ex-boyfriend, a wife, my sister, others..have come and gone, I’ve had Zeke and Mickey through it all, before the NHL. Zeke had been trained as a drug sniffing dog to be my policeman brother’s partner. He failed (although he’s busted more than one person here) and we had him driven here, weren’t confident with what the department would do with him. He’s a pure Yellow Lab and has some natural service dog traits. He knows a wheelchair is for ill people. I’ve had to use one off and on and he becomes very protective when I’m in it .

occasionally a friend will jump in it and Zeke immediately goes into protect mode- but none too happily, hios demeanor clearly says “not again”. Mickey was already here when Zeke arrived-my brother was unsure how Z would take to a cat. He strolled up to Mickey, Mickey gave him a good swat and the pecking order was set then and there. I think I’ve said how Mickey chews my thumbs as we fall asleep, I’d miss that…

• unca_chuck said, on June 13, 2012 at 4:08 pm

You lost a daughter, Mike? Man, that is rough. My condolences. My brother is going through that going on 3 years now, and it is very hard. She was 23. It is too hard to even imagine.

• twinfan1 said, on June 13, 2012 at 4:11 pm

I wasn’t clear- by come and gone I meant they’ve lived with me at one time or another. My daughter is fine, other than choosing one moron boyfriend after another.

• unca_chuck said, on June 13, 2012 at 5:04 pm

Ahhh. Nervermind. Who can forget Charles1?

32. twinfan1 said, on June 13, 2012 at 3:56 pm

Blanco RF
    Theriot 2B
    Cabrera LF
    Posey C
    Pagan CF
    Sandoval 3B
    Belt 1B
    Arias SS
    Cain RHP

33. Macdog said, on June 13, 2012 at 4:02 pm

As Baggs said, it’s the “everyone’s healthy” lineup, although I’ll bet no one had Sandoval batting sixth. I guess it’s because of the lefty tonight.

34. blade3colorado said, on June 13, 2012 at 4:39 pm

Bruce Bochy went on Sirius XM Radio and told former GM Jim Bowden that the possibility of moving “The Freak” to the bullpen and/or skipping one of his starts has been discussed.

35. Del Mar Dennis said, on June 13, 2012 at 5:26 pm

You don’t hear the skipper talking about the possibility of moving Zito to the pen and/or skipping one of his starts. 75 is a rock.

• TedSpe said, on June 13, 2012 at 5:29 pm

How quickly they forget

• twinfan1 said, on June 13, 2012 at 5:31 pm

Yeah, they only left the dildo off the postseason roster in 2010- and thank Bochy did-or no basking. He’s a rock, all right. Sinks like one every season..

• Flavor said, on June 13, 2012 at 5:32 pm

I don’t know if “rock” is the right word. Just stick to your ERA contest. He’s probably gonna be weaving in the stretch (September) to win that bad boy

• twinfan1 said, on June 13, 2012 at 5:50 pm

So what is your opinion of the “FIP” statistic? I have my doubts but you have been squarely behind the saberstats, and this is an established one.

36. Flavor said, on June 13, 2012 at 5:50 pm

The wake up call: Torres, upon finding out about the scandalous rumor coming out of Loo’s living room, has responded with his bat: 2/3 and a run scored so far tonight.

37. Flavor said, on June 13, 2012 at 5:56 pm

Pawlie’s tweeting his ass off right now, at least as it relates to me. I don’t even know what he’s doing but I just got 3 emails about “re-tweeting” and other shit I don’t understand

38. Flavor said, on June 13, 2012 at 6:38 pm

Twin, to answer your FIP Q, I look at it but I don’t use it to make fantasy decisions. As you know, there are a million saber stats, no one can use them all. Pick the ones you like and go with those. It’s an easy one to compute, which I SHOULD like, but when if comes to ERA I stick with Shandler’s xERA. There are many, MANY different ways to compute an xERA and his is complicated, but that’s why I pay for him to figure it out for me. I’ve always had much more success in non-auto draft leagues with pitchers. I’ve struggled for years with putting together a strong group of hitters and I don’t know why that is. Anyway, I stick with my stable of Pitching stats and I stick to it since it always pays off: Control rate (bb/9) Dominance rate (k/9), Command ratio (K’s/BB’s –this was the Noah Lowry stat), ground ball, line drive, fly ball %, HR/FB rate and xERA.
    I know that seems like a simplistic way to evaluate pitchers but if I used FIP I never would have drafted AJ Burnett this year in all my draft leagues. His FIP last year was awful but his xERA was outstanding and this year he’s had one HORRENDOUS start (there were a ton of duck snort hits in that game by the way) and 9 very good/great starts and he’s won 5 in a row.
    So I stick with my staples and see what happens……..

• twinfan1 said, on June 13, 2012 at 6:51 pm

I didn’t see this when I posted below.

39. twinfan1 said, on June 13, 2012 at 6:42 pm

Loo brought the baseball stat “FIP” up in agreeing with Zumie that Lincecum was getting a raw deal because of, among other things, poor play behind him. “FIP”, or Fielding Independent Pitching, helps you understand how well a pitcher pitched, regardless of how well his fielders fielded. Fangraphs, BP, all the sabersites use it. You can look up the formula, it gives one a number similar to ERA, and is said to be a more accurate measure of how a pitcher has actually pitched, as it is, as the name says, “fielding independant”. I expressed doubt because it says Tim has pitched better than Vogie if fielding is removed from the equation- but who am I to argue? As with wRC+, smarter men than I

have devised this stat. Here are our 5, not surprising the Zitman is worst. In fact, he’s been the worst of all pitchers on the staff.

Cain 2.87
    MadBum 3.24
    Tim 3.67
    Vogie 3.81
    Zitter 4.64

• Flavor said, on June 13, 2012 at 6:54 pm

yes, I am not disputing them, I just wouldn’t use them to make any fantasy decisions that I make before a draft or to find a player on the WW or even influence how I set my LU each week. To each his own…….

40. twinfan1 said, on June 13, 2012 at 7:05 pm

These are the xEra numbers from

Cain .2.81
    Vogie 3.01
    Bum 3.38
    Tim 3.81
    Zito 4.05

• Flavor said, on June 13, 2012 at 7:08 pm

if you go find 10 different xERA numbers calculated 10 different ways you’ll get 10 different numbers.

• twinfan1 said, on June 13, 2012 at 7:17 pm

So you can choose the one that you like best? Cool stat.

• Flavor said, on June 13, 2012 at 7:23 pm

you choose the one that works. I have consistently said that I use the Shandler xERA statistic to make my fantasy decisions. Listen, I have respectfully answered your questions about FIP. I don’t use them for the fantasy games I play. You have consistently, for years, been invited to play but you always decline. So,STFU about criticizing the stats I use when you yourself are too big of a pussy to even play the game ONCE. FUCK YOU and do not discuss this topic with me further you ASSHOLE>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

• twinfan1 said, on June 13, 2012 at 7:30 pm

Whatever. but settle down..I wasn’t discussing the stat , I was being instructive, showing the Flappers who was pitching best.

41. eddacker said, on June 13, 2012 at 7:13 pm

OK, love to love you animal lovers.
    I am awake and waiting for HR #2 from _my_man_Brandon. FIP that NL pitchers!!
    BTW MLB broadcasts are starting to show some comcast bits instead of the blue screen “commercial break in progress” and I am once again reminded how blessed you folks are with Giant coverage.
    [in my best Alabama drawl]
    Y’all have a good game now.

42. eddacker said, on June 13, 2012 at 7:17 pm

if I were a pitcher, those would be the four pitches I’d like to throw.

43. eddacker said, on June 13, 2012 at 7:18 pm

erm, 7 pitches

44. eddacker said, on June 13, 2012 at 7:21 pm

I love Jon Miller, but it is hard to switch off that radio play-by-play.
    God Bless Him

45. eddacker said, on June 13, 2012 at 7:22 pm

shoulda tweeted that
    *blush*

46. Bozo said, on June 13, 2012 at 7:25 pm

Melky was inspired by Belt.

47. eddacker said, on June 13, 2012 at 7:26 pm

WOW
    getting homesick for you bay area people
    bless

48. eddacker said, on June 13, 2012 at 7:26 pm

yee-haw

• Bozo said, on June 13, 2012 at 7:29 pm

Ride em ed.

49. Bozo said, on June 13, 2012 at 7:33 pm

The Houston organization are very considerate to their players. Sewing a picture of Texas on their unis so they’ll know how to get home when they’re lost, that’s just top notch.

• eddacker said, on June 13, 2012 at 7:38 pm

yeah, fly into Dallass and head for the border would be a bit much

50. twinfan1 said, on June 13, 2012 at 7:35 pm

Geez, I was just hoping Denny would send me the 100 bucks early, since Tim can’t pitch any worse and Zito any better. Either stat is the true ERA. Gosh.

51. eddacker said, on June 13, 2012 at 7:40 pm

golly, bill, Zito is still pitchin’?
    that would be like
    BRANDON HIT ONE FOR ME

🙂

52. Flavor said, on June 13, 2012 at 7:40 pm

Big fly.

53. Bozo said, on June 13, 2012 at 7:41 pm

Belt, inspired by Melky.

54. eddacker said, on June 13, 2012 at 7:48 pm

SO, it wasn’t a hole it was a stance
    does this mean Brandon is dedicated to his new stance?
    Hero or not, this is good news.
    And not just that, my whole team seems to be playing winning ball.

• twinfan1 said, on June 13, 2012 at 7:53 pm

Last night he said he’d been working on getting the swing back to where it used to be.

• Nipper said, on June 13, 2012 at 7:56 pm

They’re playing Houston.

• Macdog said, on June 13, 2012 at 8:17 pm

Happ-less.

55. twinfan1 said, on June 13, 2012 at 7:51 pm

Funny,wonder where that puts Belt in HR at home? Second? OK, I checked- That ties him with Panda. OK, it’s funny pathetic, but it is funny.

• Nipper said, on June 13, 2012 at 7:55 pm

“funny pathetic”

• Macdog said, on June 13, 2012 at 8:09 pm

Which means MadBum is tied for 2nd?

56. eddacker said, on June 13, 2012 at 7:55 pm

freakin A, 40 pitches through 5
    props

57. eddacker said, on June 13, 2012 at 7:56 pm

erm, 3, my typing be damned

58. eddacker said, on June 13, 2012 at 7:57 pm

if you hit ’em well, no park contains ’em?

59. Bozo said, on June 13, 2012 at 8:01 pm

Fuck yeah, the Giants are just smoking the ball.

60. twinfan1 said, on June 13, 2012 at 8:02 pm

If Flavor hits today’s prediction, he goes straight to the PHOF..

61. eddacker said, on June 13, 2012 at 8:12 pm

Baseball etiquette, we be doing it, Cain doesn’t bunt and SF is filled with Gentlemen.

62. Del Mar Dennis said, on June 13, 2012 at 8:15 pm

They should save some of these runs for Timmy’s next start.

• Irish Kevin said, on June 13, 2012 at 8:27 pm

Actually, BF needs to send Timmy some of his Special Mojo!!! 😝😝

• twinfan1 said, on June 13, 2012 at 8:30 pm

As the true ERA numbers show, the Zitman has been the beneficiary of extreme good fortune. I suspect he’ll be needing the runs. Just use my MCHSI E-Mail for your Paypal payment, BTW…

• twinfan1 said, on June 13, 2012 at 8:31 pm

That was for Denny, of course.

• Del Mar Dennis said, on June 13, 2012 at 8:32 pm

Did you accept my football offer? That’s the condition.

• twinfan1 said, on June 13, 2012 at 8:42 pm

Don’t recall what it was. Just taking a wild guess-would it have anyhing to do with the 49er QB?

63. Bozo said, on June 13, 2012 at 8:41 pm

So I was thinking that McDonald’s add behind the batters should have been changed to “Have a Happ Meal”

64. twinfan1 said, on June 13, 2012 at 8:43 pm

Arias is keeping Mudbug in the bigs..

65. Del Mar Dennis said, on June 13, 2012 at 8:45 pm

U.S. Open predictions? My ESPN salary cap foursome includes; Phil, Zach Johnson, Davis Love III and Branden Grace. Fore!

• eddacker said, on June 13, 2012 at 8:56 pm

Don’t forget the kid, he’s dating Caroline Wozniacki

66. eddacker said, on June 13, 2012 at 8:46 pm

God Bless America
    I have seen the promise land and it is a full ATT park and Cain dealing.
    Go Gigantes!!
    [silly loving it heart for my team]

67. Del Mar Dennis said, on June 13, 2012 at 8:47 pm

15 up, 15 down. Not too shabby.

68. Flavor said, on June 13, 2012 at 8:49 pm

Maybe I start throwing out a prediction every day……

• TedSpe said, on June 13, 2012 at 8:56 pm

Dude,– favor, Flavor,…I’m not asking you to predict–merely suggest– I’m gonna fuck Ziya Zhang tomorrow.
      You’re on a roll, my brother

• Flavor said, on June 13, 2012 at 9:08 pm

like. Is that good enough?

• TedSpe said, on June 13, 2012 at 9:23 pm

It’ll probaby have to be. But my thanks

• Flavor said, on June 13, 2012 at 9:27 pm

depending on what happens in this game, I reserve the right to increase my enthusiasm for you rattling away on her 🙂

69. Del Mar Dennis said, on June 13, 2012 at 8:50 pm

Shark attack!!!

70. Flavor said, on June 13, 2012 at 8:52 pm

Speaking of Halicki and The Count and guys like that, Dirrrrty started his first game back tonight. It was serviceable, though still his usual 5 inning/100 pitch jobber. Only 2 walks though. He could be on the way back……..

• Alleykat said, on June 13, 2012 at 9:17 pm

Yeah,Dirty is on his way back to another trade at the deadline..Guys a lifetime “HEADCASE” thank god we schooled the Royals and bagged Melky.

71. Bozo said, on June 13, 2012 at 8:52 pm

As the Shark bites… WTG Gregor, not making Cain run, now that’s a beautiful thing.

72. twinfan1 said, on June 13, 2012 at 8:54 pm

Gregor pulls into a 3-way tie for the home HR lead..and don’t bother to mention Buster- he has just 1…

• TedSpe said, on June 13, 2012 at 9:02 pm

How many time to I have to tell you!! They’re not going to hit a lot at home!! Their dingers will be on the road, they’re—oh wait—that was you who said that–
      Nevermind.
      Well, anyway, he was named after Larry Crabbe so he gets a lot of slack

• twinfan1 said, on June 13, 2012 at 9:09 pm

“They’re not going to hit a lot at home!! ”
        They won’t.

• TedSpe said, on June 13, 2012 at 9:05 pm

And what is it with all the strikeouts and everything??!! Dominance and all sure but fucking Cain is looking like a fucking Mini-Me Randy Johnson tonight!! You know–without that gay porn star look–not that there’s anything wrong with that

73. eddacker said, on June 13, 2012 at 9:02 pm

just another one pitch out for the Cainer

74. Bozo said, on June 13, 2012 at 9:03 pm

75. eddacker said, on June 13, 2012 at 9:07 pm

the DH looks good in a game like this
    but my take is Cain would want to bat