A Place To Talk About Giants Baseball

What a Perfect Night

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on June 14, 2012

I still can’t believe that game was even real. And hey, it’s not like I predicted he’d throw a perfect game. Now THAT would have been impressive. 🙂 🙂 🙂

There were obviously 3 plays that stood out—the Melky catch, of course Blanco’s and then the final play. Cain’s total rock-like focus throughout the game, but especially before the final batter, should be studied by a team of sports psychologists. Of course, no one could ever teach or impart that ability, you either have it or you don’t. And few do. For the guy who everyone boo-hooed about never getting any run support in his career? How about a 10-spot for him, just to make sure he doesn’t have to worry about that side of the game……

Blanco’s catch obviously reminded me of the one Rowand made to save Dirrrrty’s no-no. The White Shark’s was better and I think he shook out about 2 pounds of dirt from his belt buckle after he got up. Arias fielded that ball deep and really had no momentum on his long throw. But after he carefully caught the ball he let the throw fly with his trademark slingshot motion and while it looked scary it ended up being perfect. What was last night like for those 2 guys? Found off the scrap heap, they end up preserving a perfect game. Some of the best books in the world are written about baseball but you can’t write stuff like this. It just happens…….

Today Prediction: Well, I don’t think I can top the last two so I’ll go with a higher percentage prediction: If you are a Giants fan you will savor this one. You will honor the beast of a man that Matt Cain is. And you’l love this game because it is the best. There is no other sport that produces moments like last night, especially in a game that’s a blow out…..

1. Bozo said, on June 14, 2012 at 2:00 pm

So with that Belt HR, does that mean Cain is going to pitch a couple of no-nos in his next two starts?

2. unca_chuck said, on June 14, 2012 at 2:01 pm

Bubbles is poise to give the runs right back.

3. dirtnrocksnomo said, on June 14, 2012 at 2:02 pm

Give Zito a break. He’s just trying to avoid the sweep.

4. zumie said, on June 14, 2012 at 2:03 pm

Sometime in the past I read that the sun is going to burn out in 500 million years, but recently I read a thing that said the sun is going to burn out in 4 billion years. Well, that’s a load off my mind.

5. snarkk said, on June 14, 2012 at 2:09 pm

I wonder how many times Zito has walked 3 in a row in an inning while a Giant? Gotta be quite a few times. He did it in the game Blade and I saw this year, I seem to remember, with a zillion pitches through three innings. Giants can still win this damn game, glad to see Bochy take him out for the PH. Zito had next to nothin’ today…

6. unca_chuck said, on June 14, 2012 at 2:09 pm

I swear, Burriss is 0-2 every AB.

7. twinfan1 said, on June 14, 2012 at 2:10 pm

Absolutely astounding , given Zito’s history here, that anyone could still buy any return to glory. Listen, I have a distant cousin who has been imprisoned in Nigeria and he could use your help. There’s 10 million in a B of A account here and half of it’s yours- but you’ll need to make a good faith deposit of your own funds..send to….

• chipower9 said, on June 14, 2012 at 2:15 pm

Hey, Zito is gonna come around…trust me…and Michael…what were the details on that bank account???

• Flavor said, on June 14, 2012 at 2:16 pm

I’m not sure who has ever said he has “returned to glory.” I’ve given a sound reason for his improved pitching season in 2012. He’s better and I understand why (it will take longer for you to get it, I’ve accepted that). But waiting around to jump on him after a bad game is just pussy behavior. I have argued why he will pitch well for the rest of the year. And by the end of the year, this will be proven. Is he back to being a CY guy? Of course not, and no one ever claimed he has. But he’s going to have a better year than Timmy and up till this point it’s not even a question that he HAS had a better year than Timmy. And if Timmy doesn’t get his head straight his end of year stats will be worse than Zito’s. Book it…….

• chipower9 said, on June 14, 2012 at 2:30 pm

Sorry Craig…you juice the bases and then give up the big fly…you deserve some grief…

• Flavor said, on June 14, 2012 at 2:33 pm

I’m not saying he doesn’t deserve the grief. He pitched like shit that inning. I was talking about this Zito vs Timmy ongoing debate that has been brewing here for a while. One bad inning doesn’t mean Zito loses the ERA race. If that were the case, Timmy would lose it at least once every single game this year…..

8. snarkk said, on June 14, 2012 at 2:12 pm

Zito was theorized to be doing well earlier because he got married.
    So, did his new wife have a headache last night?…

9. unca_chuck said, on June 14, 2012 at 2:17 pm

He wass reported to be on the prowl for strange last night . . .

10. chipower9 said, on June 14, 2012 at 2:29 pm

Rally time!

11. Flavor said, on June 14, 2012 at 2:31 pm

And because I know this is coming, I’ll just stop it with this: I am a gambler but there’s no way in hell I’m going to open up a gambling *window* with you or anyone else on this blog. That would just open up a can of worms that none of us need to deal with here. I don’t need to deal with a deluge of *ok, bet me $50* every time I give an opinion about something…….
    What we write and say is worth plenty. For example, if you say the Pagan trade was a terrible one and I say it was a fantastic one I don’t need money to feel any better about that call. Knowing you were WRONG and I was RIGHT is enough for me, at least when it comes to blog shit……

• twinfan1 said, on June 14, 2012 at 3:18 pm

I wouldn’t bet you because if my position was 1+1=2, you’d deny that I won. We’ve both been wrong plenty-=and I acknowledge when I am but don’t harp on your mistakes over and over, like a 12 year old.But I can start now if you think that’s how adults handle it. How’s it going with Pill as the starting first baseman? How about the trashing of my opinion that Blanco should be starting? Here’s the bottom line- I’m honest whether I’m right or wrong.And when you’re wrong-either I let it go or rebut it with fact.

12. blade3colorado said, on June 14, 2012 at 2:36 pm

“Despite my well known and spot on analysis of the Zitter . . . ”

More BULLSHIT and by the by, make sure you don’t break your back patting yourself . . . This is the same revisionist history crap you tried to do with Pagan, i.e., saying how right you were about him being the shits in the lead-off spot and (again) patting yourself on the back, when he was moved further down in the line-up. Whatever.

In my mind and everyone else who has been paying attention – you NEVER liked the Pagan trade and to compensate for being wrong, as well as disguising your hatred of Pagan, you bring up this “straw man” argument about his place in the line-up. Bullshit. Come clean and just say you were wrong about the Pagan trade and don’t try to blow up your tires while doing it.

With regard to Zito, you have all the cards, i.e., everyone knows that Zits will revert to form, but at least they give him credit for doing well at the beginning of the year. You? You can never be wrong, so you wait him out, knowing that your tired hatred for him will eventually win out. Sheesh . . . That takes guts.

Mike, everyone knows you know more about baseball than anyone else here. However, what is tiresome is the fact that you have to keep reminding everyone and/or denigrating anyone else who has an original thought.

• twinfan1 said, on June 14, 2012 at 3:03 pm

So explain how I was wrong about his performance in the one-you can’t.. Explain how it was wrong to give him credit for when he did hit. You can’t. I was not in favor if the trade, but unlike many here, I honestly assess his and everybody else’s performance.
      I’ll go into Zito later. For now I’ll begin showing the hypocrisy of Flavor and his preposterous claim that I’m always wrong. He used Burriss- who I said should get first crack at second base and I also praised his April performance. So Flavor set me straight, right?
      Well, not exactly;
      “Burriss is showing everyone how far he’s come as a major leaguer (Marty Lurie, please make a note of that). As I’ve said for a while now, Glass Sanchez’ career is over and it’s nice to know we have a young, home grown player who is finally ready to shine. I’m happy for him, he seems like a great guy…”
      There’s plenty more to come. And rather than jumping in on me, pay fucking attention to the thread. I crititsize ZIto’s performance today- and he calls me a puusy. Fuck that. We’ll just start with the dozens of wrongo, hypocritical, fabricated, or distorted posts of his and go from there, Or he can fucking desist NOW with fucking with me for no goddamn reason.

• Flavor said, on June 14, 2012 at 3:10 pm

careful old man, I’m not working today and am sitting at a pool with a laptop. I could go dig up posts of yours that would make you look stupid but that’s not a war I’m interested in starting.

• twinfan1 said, on June 14, 2012 at 3:30 pm

And I can do the same- and I am Twin, Michael, or Mr. Scott. Of course, you are probably already deleting your dozens.You can’t threaten me with shit. If you don’t want to continue a war you ALWAYS start, then just don’t. But I’ll say it agaiin and this time I’d appreciate it if you paid attention- stop picking fights- and we both know why you do it..

• Flavor said, on June 14, 2012 at 3:43 pm

why would I delete my posts? I don’t give a flying fuck if I’m wrong about something I post. But I’m not going to sit idly by and watch you spend your afternoon sifting through the thousands of posts I’ve made here at the Flap and watch you repost the few that are out of date or seem to contradict how I feel today about something. It’s impossible to NOT have contradictory posts based on the number we post here and the fact that as circumstances change so do our opinions. I don’t have a problem with you coming around on Pagan. But all of this stuff is fluid. A bad game here or there doesn’t make anyone right or wrong. But it’s impossible to ignore the body of work of 162 games. There is little wiggle room over that many games. And that’s all I’ve said about Zito, Pagan, all of them. Let’s see what happens over the course of 162 games…….
        I’ve got no idea what you mean about “we both know why you do it” shit. I call you on your shit because I’m te only one here who can do it. I speak for the masses, let’s just leave it at that…..

13. TedSpe said, on June 14, 2012 at 3:32 pm

And in the mean time—except for some good, though sadly not clutch, hitting especially Belt’s 3rd day in a row jack..sucky game.

14. Irish Kevin said, on June 14, 2012 at 3:35 pm

Shit, Zito brings out the worst in everyone here when he goes in the tank!! Lets face it we all “Hoped” that Zito had finally found a way to win for the whole season, but alas it was not to be. We all knew he would revert to form, but with Timmy not up to his usuall standards, Zito winning we all felt that would give Tim time to get his shit together. but right now the Giants have two pitchers that are struggling big time. With Cain’s perfect game we were all riding a high, and then Zito cause us to be brought back down to earth, or for some to crash and burn coming back down to earth.

• Flavor said, on June 14, 2012 at 3:48 pm

speak for yourself, I don’t think he’s reverting to form. After 13 starts, his era is 3.61. And that’s more than a third of the season so I will remain optimistic that he keeps that going. It’s going to rise, I think, but I think he keeps it under 4.00 by the end of the year and that’s a perfectly acceptable #5. He had a 5.87 ERA last year. In 6 years with us it’s 4.66. You’d take under 4 for the year, right?
      So if I’m right, and he keeps it under 4.00 we are probably all happy with his performance this year. If Timmy gets his under 4.00 by the end of the year I’d take that, too. He’s got a lot of work to do though…….
      Anyway, that’s why I told Denny to knock it off after the 1st inning with the ERA Updates. Unnecessary. Right now, Zito is beating all of his haters based off his performance for the year. We’ll see if he still does so at the end of the year.

• twinfan1 said, on June 14, 2012 at 4:05 pm

Zito has a looooonnnng way to go justify any faith in him on any level. His era in April was 1.67. Since then it’s 4.67. Gee, look familiar? There’s still time to get off that pole…

• Flavor said, on June 14, 2012 at 4:27 pm

more bullshit game to game analysis. What was his era for the same stat after the June 3rd start? And does his 2.51 ERA in June after today’s game indicate anything? This game to game analysis is bullshit in regards to it proving ANYTHING that you’re predicting for the end of the year……

• twinfan1 said, on June 14, 2012 at 3:52 pm

Fuck Zito. Who gives a shit what he’s throwing more of less of and whether he’s crouching or crawling? He is on the exact same curve as 2010. And actually, as I pointed out- his 2010 ERA of 4.15 is one every sane person will take in a second- if he’s been unlucky it was then- until August when he just plain gagged it up – as he always does at some point.

• Flavor said, on June 14, 2012 at 3:54 pm

then start crowing about it then. He’s pitched great this year……

15. Flavor said, on June 14, 2012 at 3:59 pm

Twin, here’s the the thing you don’t get about saberstats. You don’t know how to use them. FIP (as well as xERA, BABIP, etc…) all of those stats give you a reason to predict a different future performance by the player. That’s it. It doesn’t mean they didn’t contribute or didn’t give the team valuable at bats/pitched games, etc. It doesn’t take away a win or a loss. It just gives you a *reason* other than just hating a guy, to predict failure for someone who’s been succeeding or success for someone who’s been failing. And it makes you look smart since most people don’t understand the stats…
    But it doesn’t guarantee shit. The only thing that is fact is what the end of the season stats are…….

• twinfan1 said, on June 14, 2012 at 4:16 pm

That is absolute bullshit. FIP measures a pitcher’s performance independant of the defense behind him .Fact is, I’ve instructed you on what saberstats are strictly predictive tools. FIP actually measures real time performance of what the pitcher can cotrol. There is one reason and one reason only that you had a shit fit insisting on wRC+ and pissing on FIP- wRC+ supported your theory (or you thought it did) and FIP destroys the Zit theory. Is that two reasons? Whatever.

• Flavor said, on June 14, 2012 at 4:19 pm

so tell me how FIP factors in a mental issue the pitcher is having. Exactly, you can’t. So STFU about it. You’ve repeated the same thing a million times, you’re not sounding any more convincing saying the same thing over and over.

• twinfan1 said, on June 14, 2012 at 4:53 pm

God, that’s dumb- at least FIP measures *something* that can be honestly evaluated. And Craig has ? “Headcase”. Pay attention- whether Tim shits on the mound and donates it to the God of the Forests before he gives up a killing hit- FIP DOES factor that in because it measures how he pitches whatever his mental state is. Again, the ONLY reason you won’t acknowledge it is because it shows you are wrong.
        seAnd look, I’ve discussed this before- talk about it with one of the other people who disagree with you. Please.Also please don’t distort what I post and attack me for opinions you’ve shared. That’s totally dishonest because you know the others won’t bother to check on it. Now I’m going to drop it and if you want to pretend that means you’re right, go for it.

• Flavor said, on June 14, 2012 at 5:00 pm

it does not factor in a mental problem. I don’t think you understand the stat. There are some things that can’t be evaluated. Sorry, but it’s true. And again, if you want to hitch yourself to FIP being the end all be all of how to analyze a pitcher and ultimately predict future performance then knock yourself out. That’s a neophyte approach to using these stats, though……..

• twinfan1 said, on June 14, 2012 at 5:20 pm

No, you don’t understand- and stop with this neophyte bullshit- I never made FIP the sole evaluator-it’s simply a more reliable way to judge performance than ERA and certainly more reliably than your “headcase” on Lincecum. Jesus, you even post charts that disprove your own arguments- example- you confidently claimed he’s throwing more off speed stuff- he’s thrown ONE more non-fastball per 100 pitches this year than in 2010. Your statements about fact are simply not fact, often.

• Flavor said, on June 14, 2012 at 5:35 pm

then you also don’t understand charts. That’s sad, actually. Glasses maybe? I posted a chart that showed conclusively that he was throwing his FB approximately 20% less often this year as opposed to previous years. That same chart showed him throwing his slider 38% of the time, clearly about his yearly averages. CLick the *zoom* thing on your computer to make the chart bigger…….

• Flavor said, on June 14, 2012 at 5:39 pm

the chart is in this thread which I know you read:

16. Flavor said, on June 14, 2012 at 4:12 pm

I use underlying stats but I also use my brain and my own opinion. I’m not a math geek who hands over all my decisions to statistics. Who gives a shit if fangraphs or any other site is using a stat? They basically have to use any of the established ones or no one would go there. Again, if I disagree with a FIP stat or an xERA stat I will do so with an actual reason. And it might not be a statistical one (the Timmy *mental case* theory is one example).
    And playing fantasy baseball, especially for $, is a lot different than just spouting off on a blog. The decisions you make aren’t just your opinions that you float out on to the internet, they are connected to winning or losing money. And you’re going to be wrong a lot, that’s just the way it goes. But the goal is to be right more often then not and be right about the most important decisions. For instance, I drafted Bourjos in the 9th or 10th round on all my live draft teams. He was a horrendous pick at that level and I’ve since waived him summarily. But I also bought Casilla and Soriano for peanuts the week that everyone else was paying big bucks for Romo and Robertson. Those 2 decisions were huge, the Bourjos one (who has since been replaced by several skillful pick ups) was not a mistake that hurt me. The guys who paid $500 each for Romo and Robertson? Ouch, that hurt…….

17. twinfan1 said, on June 14, 2012 at 4:29 pm

Playing Fantasy Baseball is indulging in fantasy. And I have no doubt that it’s fun and possibly profitable. But your idiotic inference that playing fantasy baseball makes one more knowledgeable than one who just “spouts off”, is, well..idiotic. As was your personal attack because I don’t play in your fucking league.

• Flavor said, on June 14, 2012 at 4:46 pm

I never said *more knowledgeable* that’s a failed inference on your part. I was trying to say that there’s more at stake with the decisions you make. And in fantasy baseball, you are making decisions, when you’re blathering away on a blog it’s got less of a consequence. And that goes for me and everyone here, I’m not saying that has just to do with you.
      And I was saying that decisions you make don’t have to be totally driven by a single stat you find on the internet. I gave you the AJ Burnett example yesterday. If I had used FIP and not my xERA stat on him I never would have drafted him. And that would have been a mistake. I discount the TImmy FIP because I think he’s got a mental issue affecting his performance. I am hopeful about Zito because I discovered a distinct new approach to his pitch selection this year.
      Now, I could end up being wrong about all three of those guys this year and if I am so be it. There are probably a hundred other players who I make decisions about morphing a saberstat with my opinion about the player. If that sounds contradictory to you, so be it. I don’t really care what you think about the way I analyze a player, I’m just explaining to you how I do it…….

• twinfan1 said, on June 14, 2012 at 5:08 pm

Tell an idiot about it. Fact is- often you decide the take you’ll have and then search out what you think wil support it.And to think Blade gave me shit about my ego- you didn’t “discover” shit about Zits. You saw some stats that you erroneoudsly think prove a point that you only made to be contrary. I showed without question that he’s had the same success before this slider crap. Yet you continue to say he’s pitching “great” with an ERA of 4.67 since April…

• Flavor said, on June 14, 2012 at 5:21 pm

negative. You’re still going with the game to game simpleton mentality. It’s actually fairly typical. I can’t explain why he was good in 2010 during stretches. I have theories. You have put forth NO theories, by the way. Anyway, I’ve already put them out there, I don’t need to repeat myself. Today, after he blew up in the 2nd, I went to look at what he was throwing that inning. Again, I noted it here. For some reason he went BACK to throwing fastballs and almost no sliders. Either he didn’t have the slider today or he and Hector got stupid. Who knows.
        You have 2 schticks with Zito: you poo poo his productive performances and pounce on his bad ones. This year, he’s had 2 bad starts: today (and I already explained that single inning) and the game in Milwaukee where he never pitches well.
        Look, maybe your new found FIP stat will play out by the end of the year. But your obsession with jumping on a bad start by him, all the while just *fipping* Timmy’s bad starts away, is too biased to even take seriously…..

18. Flavor said, on June 14, 2012 at 5:25 pm

And let’s play this out further–let’s say it turns out you’re right about Zito by the end of the year. Who cares? I have NOTHING invested in him, I don’t own him on a single team. I have a theory about him and I have a theory about Timmy. I could see both playing out over the course of the year. But I’m certainly not going to sit here with my panties in a bunch over single Zito starts and Timmy FIP’s. You’ve got that covered, though……

• twinfan1 said, on June 14, 2012 at 6:10 pm

Actually, you’ve been the one devoting thread after thread to your inane theories on them and to juvenile digs at Belt. That did make the Belt prediction rather humorous. What’s typical here is that the person who introduced FIP into the Timmy discussion has developed sewn up lips syndrome. I did acklnowledge it was one stat I hadn’t looked at extensively- and did some research- which verified the usefullness of the stat.I didn’t pretend that a stat I had never mentioned previoiusly was a familar one. In fact- you originally agreed with the James run production number and then went looking for a different one because it cast Belt in a favorable light.

• Flavor said, on June 14, 2012 at 6:17 pm

Belt? All I ever said, at least consistently, is that he wasn’t deserved of everyday playing time. I said that was something he had to earn. I never said he didn’t have the talent to play at this level. You and other Belt apologists were the guys that wanted to hand him over start after start regardless of the fact that he was lost at the plate and producing very, very little. He’s started to hit, good for him. Now that Pill is gone and Huff’s injured, he’s going to get at bats regardless. If he keeps hitting like he has the last 3 days then Sabean won’t have to go trade for a first baseman…….
        There are few things I hate more than fans who just want to gift a position over to a young player. Fucking earn your time. You actually used to hold the same opinion but inexplicably diverted from it when your pet did nothing for 2 and 1/2 months……..

• twinfan1 said, on June 14, 2012 at 6:49 pm

Absolute bullshit- how can any sane ( non-headcase)person acknowledge that Bochy said there was to be a battle for the spot between he and Huff, see Belt hit .370+ to clearly outplay the competitor and have the fucking gall to say he didn’t earn the job? Unbelievable.

19. Flavor said, on June 14, 2012 at 5:31 pm

and another thing, until Timmy starts having consistently productive starts then your FIP stat on him is worthless. You’ve put yourself out there (along with the rest of the world I might add) who thinks Timmy is going to turn this around and pitch well the rest of the year. I don’t see that happening until he fixes whatever mental problem he has with pitching. I have no problem with his velocity, he’s off 1.1 mph from 2010. It’s idiotic to think that his problems are based on his 1.1 mph less velocity……..

20. twinfan1 said, on June 14, 2012 at 5:42 pm

He has always had productive stretches- why don’t you work on explaining all of them ? Get back to me. And do not fabricate that I’ve dismissed Tim’s bad starts- that is so incredibly ignoranmt of what I’ve actually posted. it’s a fucking joke. Now I’ll make it short again, get a pen-his ERA, not his FIP, FLIP, or DIP is 4.67 since April. He is not pitching “great”, he’s pitching like shit- again. Which has nothing whatsoever to do with how Tim is pitching except to the troll Denny and his elite 13%. Can you get to work on the explanations for his other tempoary spasms of success. With his performance since April, maybe I’d skip the slider theory..

• Flavor said, on June 14, 2012 at 5:57 pm

seriously, you are making a fool of yourself. Only an idiot would start yapping about his ERA since April after a bad start like today. As I said, what was it after the June 3rd start? Don’t wanna talk about that do you? And that was only 2 starts ago. And to discount April is also idiotic since, and I thought you knew this, ALL his starts get counted into his end of season stats.
      They also don’t count spring training stats or triple A rehab stats. Please make a note of it……..
      If Zito has an END OF THE YEAR ERA of 4.67 then congrats, you were right about him. His ERA, for the year, is 3.61 ya dumbass. What’s Tim’s????

• twinfan1 said, on June 14, 2012 at 6:23 pm

Only an idiot can say Zits is pitching “great”. The point of his ERA since April , dumbass, is that any one with a brain has seen this before.He actually pitched BETTER to this point in 2010, when he was 7-2 with a 3.10 ERA. If you want to ignore the lesson he’s taught us over and over, go for it, you have Denny on your side. I’m not ignoring April, get a dictionary- I’m just more cognizant of how little a good month has meant before.

• Flavor said, on June 14, 2012 at 7:55 pm

thanks. Go talk to your animals, I’m done talking to you tonight.

21. Alleykat said, on June 14, 2012 at 6:09 pm

Why don’t you 2 Bitches get a room…
    I’ m still on “The Tennessee Lighting Matt Cain” high right now smoking Romeo Y Julieta Havana Cuban Cigar with Some very smooth 17 year Scotch..Life is great when Matt Cain dominates.Every Giant Flapper should be toasting this guy!!
    And every female that attended last night’s game are pregnant today with Matt Cain’s baby!
    Of course the Giants have first rights on all the boys for future siginings as well.

• twinfan1 said, on June 14, 2012 at 7:08 pm

Final word on this, promise: I make one comment that Zits had a bad game and Flavor is calling me and others who dared to knock him “pussies” . Fuck that. And for the majority who agree with me that Tim will turn this around and who are smart enough to know that Zits is the same guy he always was – speak up.

22. Nipper said, on June 14, 2012 at 6:52 pm

Like old times. BF and Twin punching it out with posts.

• Nipper said, on June 14, 2012 at 6:53 pm

Who’s Dumb and who’s Dumber? Let the votes begin!

• Flavor said, on June 14, 2012 at 7:38 pm

I’ll take either and just move on from this shit……..

23. Bozo said, on June 14, 2012 at 6:53 pm

Belt and Crawford share a blog. Belt wrote a nice little blurb on last night’s game.

• blade3colorado said, on June 14, 2012 at 7:07 pm

John, this stuff is great . . . I had no idea they had been doing a blog. I read all the posts – they both write well. Thanks for sharing.

• Flavor said, on June 14, 2012 at 7:37 pm

the best part is how human they seem. 2 guys struggling to find their way at this level. It’s brilliant.

24. Alleykat said, on June 14, 2012 at 7:09 pm

Great read Clown ..Uh Bozo..
    Heard something about that in the postgame show,where Cain gave Belt the “Snake Eye” knowing he was sitting in his spot in the dugout.Cain was probably thinking by “Damm Rookie.”
    Nice comeback by Belt though,securing that last ball in his hip pocket…Vet move their!!

25. Alleykat said, on June 14, 2012 at 7:20 pm

You know the US OPEN really fucked up.After a “Perfect” game Matt Cain would have been the “Perfect ” choice as the Honorary Starter at the Olympic Club..Hell he probably beats Phil and Bubba today as well..
    Cause Matt Cain can do no wrong.

26. Flavor said, on June 14, 2012 at 7:36 pm

that is awesome that the 2 Brandon’s have a blog together. I bookmarked it. Thanks for sharing, BOZO.

27. blade3colorado said, on June 14, 2012 at 7:49 pm

I just received an email from Mike – which was civil and will remain private – that has caused me to reflect on my 2:36pm post. When I post something on here, I try not to do harm, e.g., call someone a name or denigrate their opinion harshly. I failed. Mike, I apologize for my post because I can see where it could be construed as attacking you. Moreover, I think I set off war of words between you and Craig, which was not my intent. Regardless, my behavior was poor and I hope you (and Craig) accept my apology.

I did this the other day with regard to Dennis too. Even though I thought he was wrong, what I said to him exasperated the situation and this was also poor behavior on my part. In short, two wrongs don’t make a right. I apologize to Dennis too.

That’s all I have to say about both situations . . .

• Flavor said, on June 14, 2012 at 7:53 pm

you are allowed to post your feelings and I appreciate your honesty. But you did not *set off a war of words* between us. Neither one of us seem to be able to stop when we start arguing about something. I don’t seem to have this deficit in my personal life. I’ve actually gotten a lot better over the years in the blog world but today I failed.
      But you didn’t fail shit, Steve.

• twinfan1 said, on June 14, 2012 at 8:01 pm

Here I agree with Flavor- Steve is not responsible for anything other than now making two idiots properly sorry about being jerks, to the detriment of the other commenters. Thanks for showing me some class, Blade.

28. DJLoo said, on June 14, 2012 at 8:01 pm

Well, he might’ve failed English. The word is “exacerbated”.

• blade3colorado said, on June 14, 2012 at 8:15 pm

Good eye Loo (grrrrrr . . . I hate it when I make grammatical and spelling errors. Usually happens when I am typing fast).

29. twinfan1 said, on June 14, 2012 at 8:12 pm

Well, now I have an upset stomach. It was either the pork belly pizza or this brief period of amity..

• DJLoo said, on June 14, 2012 at 8:23 pm

Well, forget about Maalox. I found out today you can’t get it anymore – at least here you can’t.

• twinfan1 said, on June 14, 2012 at 8:50 pm

I just throw the computer against the wall…wait a minute, that was sensitive tech advice. I’ll try pepto

30. DJLoo said, on June 14, 2012 at 8:43 pm

And congratulations on your amazing prediction, BF…no one’s ever gonna top that one.

• Flavor said, on June 14, 2012 at 9:01 pm

I know. That’s one of those things that’s gonna go down quietly in the history of predictions. And I’m taking about all time predictions in the history of the world. I took some dude who hadn’t homered all year in 120+ at bats and said he’d hit a homer that night. Boom. He blast one. The next night I predict that the fucking pitcher for the team who has thrown 3 no hitters in my lifetime will throw a no hitter. He throws one. And as all of you know, I almost never throw out predictions in the main thread. Not specific ones like that………
      I mean, come on, regardless of the reasons why I predicted either, that’s insane, right?

• DJLoo said, on June 14, 2012 at 9:30 pm

Not too many gamblers here. They may not realize the enormity of the odds. It’s paralyzing to think about.

31. twinfan1 said, on June 14, 2012 at 9:56 pm

Well, who would bet on that? I’d guess it never crossed Craig’s mind, either. But I put him in the Predictor HOF, waiving the waiting period. He’s right next to the dude who called Vander Meer’s double- elite company indeed.

32. unca_chuck said, on June 14, 2012 at 10:09 pm

Shit, what;d I miss? My son has me watching The Walking Dead, and we just watched the last 2.5 episodes of season 2 . . .

Kumbaya?

33. unca_chuck said, on June 14, 2012 at 10:20 pm

Wow, quite the little bitch-slap-fest there.

You know my take. Fuck the numbers. . .

Anyhow, cool little blog that Brandon and Brandon share . . . There was that . . .

• twinfan1 said, on June 14, 2012 at 10:30 pm

Your contribution is always a pleasure, Chuckles. What a bummer you weren’t here.

34. twinfan1 said, on June 14, 2012 at 10:27 pm

Seems Tuesday was quite the night for predictions-Estes called Bumgarner’s and Belt himself called his own. Craig stands alone on the no-no, however .