The Book Tour

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on July 8, 2012

I’ve been out of town and pretty detached from all things technological. Not sure who’s day it is. If it’s *yours* and you have something for today then just post it after this post.

I got a voice mail from Pawlie yesterday that said he had gone to the Pirate/Giants game and met K/K and discussed his book with them. There were other details about the game that seemed to have him in quite a good mood.

Ok, let’s finish on a high note….

1. blade3colorado said, on July 8, 2012 at 7:59 pm

“I have never said or even insinuated that others don’t have the right to say he sucks.”

Bullshit Mike. You always pull this revisionist history crap and I am calling you on it, just like Flav called you on the other stuff today. It wont stand . . . Oh yeah, here is where YOU HAVE NEVER SAID OR INSINUATED THAT OTHERS DON’T HAVE THE RIGHT TO SAY HE SUCKS . . . To wit,

“He sucks” is reserved for guys like Tomko, Livan, ZITO- guys who have proven that over YEARS, not 3 months. It does not apply to a guy having a mysterious pitching slump after years of excellence.”

Now spend the next hour/dozen posts spinning it whichever way you want it. Good night Flappers.

• twinfan1 said, on July 8, 2012 at 8:02 pm

I was obviously stating my opinion. Youi’re FOS.

• Flavor said, on July 8, 2012 at 8:04 pm

Blade, I saw that too but didn’t feel like bringing it up since I said I was dropping it about 20 minutes ago. No where in there did he say *I* or *my opinion*. He was educating us on the definition of *sucks*. I’ll *try harder* to drop it now.

• blade3colorado said, on July 8, 2012 at 8:05 pm

I apologize Flav . . . But, I get sick and tired of him having the LAST WORD.

2. twinfan1 said, on July 8, 2012 at 8:10 pm

You saw what? Me stating my fucking opinion? Nowhere do I say he can’t say Tim sucks . You are both being intentionally dense, as Flavor was when he tried to claim Loo and I weren’t discussing 1st half/second half.

3. PawlieKokonuts said, on July 8, 2012 at 8:13 pm

We left in the second inning. Maybe the third, by the time we *escaped.* It was hot but much less oppressive than yesterday and trending cooler. Breezier upstairs; yesterday, first base, 3035 rows back, HOT HUMID. Even in the first inning, I felt Tim was not locating his pitches. We ambled down from upper deck RF stands, w/ a family of mother (Mets), Giants (grown son), his brother (Dodgers!), Giants’ son’s wife (Cubs, Yanks; I scolded her for the latter), with me in a sour and almost depressed mood. Watched Timmy more closely from almost behind the plate, downstairs. Older guy (my age) and his presumptive wife, from State College, PA, see my hat and shirt. “Good to see Giants fan. There’s none here. I was afraid to wear my hat.” Me: “Naw. They’re here. I’ve seen them everywhere I’ve sat. Ya gotta look for ’em.” The Somebody teed off on Timmy to the CF hedges. Boom! Bye! The fan and I shake our heads. I’m in a foul mood all the way across the Roberto Clemente Bridge, knowing that any cheers were not good cheers for us.

• Flavor said, on July 8, 2012 at 8:15 pm

great update and sorry about your mood. Nothing that a mid day mall trip can’t fix 🙂

• PawlieKokonuts said, on July 8, 2012 at 8:30 pm

true,
        and the Pittsburgh faithful provided some visual, um, um, um, relief. More to come, perhaps tomorrow. BTW, no more Primanti Bros. sandwiches for me; nope. Although if Timmy wants to gain 25 lbs in one sitting, go for it.

4. PawlieKokonuts said, on July 8, 2012 at 8:14 pm

correx: Then Somebody.
    Fuckit.
    Cutch is a true star. Fun to watch. Well loved. Rightly so, Hanrahan? I’m not buying him.

5. Bozo said, on July 8, 2012 at 8:29 pm

A friend of mine has a tee shirt (in Disney script) that says Malt Whiskey. I only mention that because I’m clueless on the Timmy discussion. And leading with my stupidity, what the hell is a 13%er?
    OK, too much heat, I hear a pillow calling my name.

• twinfan1 said, on July 8, 2012 at 8:40 pm

If I recall, Denny started a discussion about who would have the better ERA at the end of the year. I’ve been told there was a poll but I can’t find it, not saying it doesn’t exist ( that’s the kind of statement I have to make to avoid having what I say distorted ). Anyway, I guess 13 percent went with Zits. BF, Denny, and Steve for sure, don’t know who else. If there was a poll, I don’t think I voted but I would have gone with Timmy. Obviously. Because I have not wavered since Zito’s second start here-he succcccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkks.

• twinfan1 said, on July 8, 2012 at 9:25 pm

And no one should be thinking or caring about who wins the ERA poll, anyway. They should be praying that Tim reverts to form and Zits doesn’t. IMHFO.

6. DJLoo said, on July 8, 2012 at 8:35 pm

Sometimes this place is quite amazing. Anyway, if the Brewers are looking to dump a little salary at the deadline, I think Corey Hart is just what we need. Righty power – plays OF & 1B – signed thru 2013.
    Do we have what it would take to get him? Nate plus what? Has Crawford made Panik expendable?
    As I’ve been saying for awhile, some low budget team out there would give Nate 500 ABs to sink or swim.

• twinfan1 said, on July 8, 2012 at 9:00 pm

He’s come up before- like with almost everybody, Dirrrty was to be the centerpiece on our side. That was in 2010, for good reason no one was much for it then. And now? 10 million bucks and everyone clamoring for us to re-sign Melky? Its hard to see unless they don’t plan to try keep Melky. Consider all my posts to begin and end with “IMO”.

7. PawlieKokonuts said, on July 8, 2012 at 8:37 pm

Around Buffalo, in the car, I threw it out to my trip mates (one an Indians and the other a Mets fan: what would YOU do with Timmy? Discussion ranged: shrink, mentor, Dad, rest, hypnosis, minors, BP, anger….

Very disconcerting.

I thought of something at PNC: someone should tell Tim: EVERYONE has a bad inning sometime, otherwise, everyone would have a 0.00 ERA. We also discussed Dontrelle. Seems Timmy needs some swagger, some confidence. BTW, my trip mates thought the Giants hitters didn’t care. I can see why they’d say that. In two days of watching (left early today; long drive; had had enough), the best swing was Gregor’s bunt ! — which I called beforehand. Hard to argue about the listlessness (my friends mocked me about the heat, etc.). Theriot seemed to be scrappy; more than the others.

8. twinfan1 said, on July 8, 2012 at 9:17 pm

No one knows what’s wrong with Tim, it’s conjecture for everybody right now. I disagree about the listlessness, it seems that way when a team has such a bad stretch. I’ve never known them to not play hard for Bochy.

9. twinfan1 said, on July 8, 2012 at 9:35 pm

Flavor said, on July 8, 2012 at 11:58 am (Edit)
    I don’t “feel bad” about it. I’m a Giants fan first, a fantasy fan second. If you aren’t one of those guys then my feelings about you are, at best, nostalgic. I wish him well for his time served, I just don’t care how he ends up doing for the rest of his career.
    But I’m not going to pretend to be sad that he’s having a shitty year. I’m going to focus on the trade, which was a godsend for our team, and be *happy* about that……..
    BF on not feeling bad for Dirtty…
    Since how Jonathan performs has exactly zero bearing on the fact that Melky has been so good, why would anyone NOT feel badly for JS? I’m perfectly focused on the trade- and our end is the same no matter how Dirtty does.

10. snarkk said, on July 8, 2012 at 10:06 pm

Agreed, nobody knows what’s wrong with Lincecum. And, if they do know, they are not saying. What I want for sure is this: I don’t want to hear next November that Timmy had some sort of injury all year (ala Whiteside), and was gutting it out all season instead of having some surgery to fix the issue. If he’s got an injury, get it fixed, deal with it and get somebody else in that can effort to get at least a .500 record in starts. If he’s actually NOT injured in any way, then at his age, even with all the high number of pitches he’s thrown since being up here, there seems to be hope IMO that he can right himself to be at least a serviceable starter, or if need be, a reliever at some point. This is so far from his performance in prior years and has gone on for so long now, that I have turned now to consider it quite unbelievable that there is no physical aspect to this fall off the precipice, whether acute or some sort of general, physical “breakdown”. Mental, sure, maybe mostly. But, his breaking pitches are extremely hittable, and he has lost velocity and location on all his pitches. It is just damn inexplicable, until it improves, or is explained…

• twinfan1 said, on July 8, 2012 at 11:52 pm

One of his opponents, I forget the guy’s name, I think it was a DBack, said that his fastball was now his third best pitch- and that’s correct, IMO. So whatever the reason for it, that’s a huge problem. It’s entirely possible, as I’ve said today and before, that the guy is simply pitched out. That’s not my Numero Uno theory, but it’s a consideration. More likely is what I alluded to earlier- it’s not just one thing, when is it ever that? Mechanics, conditioning, and mental in the sense that he doesn’t have confidence in his pitches. And no wonder, MLB hitters can turn around 100 MPH if it’s in the zone, 88-93 is BP if he doesn’t throw it where he wants to. He has had stretches-not just against weak hitting teams, where he’s been close to what he was, I don’t think that he’s unable to maintain it points to “headcase” but more to an ongoing mechanics problem where he’s not able to repeat what he does successfully on a consistent basis- muscle memory is not as it should be.
      IMO.

11. demp28 said, on July 8, 2012 at 10:30 pm

Good evening gentleman! Sorry I was out this weekend with the Mrs. in Reno, so I didn’t get a chance to catch the entire series this weekend against the Pirates, although I did catch the Highlights…or lowlights.
    first of all, I want to say hello to blade and thanks for the comments from Friday. I didn’t know Jose Tabitha was optioned to the minors. I didn’y have my Indianapolis Indians media guide at the ready. Just kidding.
    I saw yesterday where the question was “what ballparks have you been to”. Well, I will give you a quick list of where I’ve been. Seems the Mrs. wants to read some pages of “Fifty Shades of Grey” together. Yes, I will leave my man card at the door.
    The parks, in order of worst to best:
    7) Astrodome
    6) Chase Field
    5) Oakland Coliseum – pre Mt. Davis
    4) Kauffman ( Royals) Stadium
    3) Petco Park
    2) The ‘Stick ( yes, I never had a bad day weather wise there)
    1) AT&T Park ( do you really even need to ask?)
    It is the break finally, and I think we all need a break: especially after that debacle today. Yuk!

• twinfan1 said, on July 8, 2012 at 11:25 pm

I was glad to see that Blade reconsidered his original thoughts after I E-mailed him about it. Nice to see you again, Demp.

12. Sportdude said, on July 8, 2012 at 10:36 pm

At the highest level sports is about confidence. Timmy has none, and now the hitters do. Even the pitchers are getting in on it. A comparable might be Tiger Woods. Now that he has lost some leads after the 3rd round, he has lost leads more times if you follow me. If you look back many of his wins were when his opponents failed on Sunday vs. Tiger shooting a very low score..Now the playing field for him is level..Not saying that totally explains it, but a part anyway..

13. twinfan1 said, on July 9, 2012 at 12:00 am

I have zero doubt that confidence, or lack of it, is a big part of his problems. One of the questions would be a chicken and egg kind of deal, though. Did he lack it going in or lose it after one too many Cowsills beat him?