A Place To Talk About Giants Baseball

The Adam (I’m So) Dunn Award

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on July 23, 2012

Today, we’re going to vote on the First Annual *Adam (I’m So) Dunn” award. It’s a made-up award created by me and voted on by Flapper Nation. It goes to the player who has had an inexplicably poor year after the previous year. I realize it’s only July 23rd but just play along and cast your vote. Consider the plight of Adam Dunn: In 2010 he hit .260 with 38 bombs and a sparkling .892 OPS for The Nationals. After signing a 4 year/56 million dollar deal with the White Sox, he packed his bags and headed for life in the AL. The ‘Sox like the idea of getting  a hitter who you could basically pencil in for 40 bombs a year (he hit 40 each year from ’06 to ’08). Who wouldn’t like that? But after homering in his first game of the 2011 season, his season started to take a long, slow, downward turn. It was a spiral that would have no end. He hit in the .160’s to .170’s virtually the entire year. At one point, I noticed he had struck out 161 times and his batting average was .161. “I bet that’s never happened before,” I commented to The Boney One as we boarded a flight headed down to San Diego. He nodded his head in knowing approval……

Dunn went on to hit 11 home runs in 496 at bats for the ‘Sox in 2011. He had 42 RBI’s. His batting average was an unsightly .159 and his OPS a limp .569. It was a spectacularly bad season……

Life’s turned brighter for The Big Donkey. He’s had a decent bounce back year. Through 404 at bats this year he’s blasted 28 dingers and his OPS is a healthy .844. The ‘Sox will live with his .204 batting average if he ends up hitting 40+ home run, which it looks like he’s going to do this year…….

_______________________________________________________

I will now give you the nominees for this year’s Adam (I’m So) Dunn Award. I identified 14 players and 5 will make the unceremonious cut to be voted on. A player qualified if they were having a much worse year this year than last year. If you had an extended injury I disqualified you and I didn’t pick any closers because they are all insane and no one knows why they pitch good or bad from year to year. In no particular order, here we go:

1) Jon Lester. Despite Fried-Chicken-And-Beer-Gate, Lester had a pretty good year in 2011. He was 15-9 with a 3.47 ERA. This year, he has not been able to overcome the dastardly ways of “The Colonel”. He’s 5-7 with a 4.80 ERA.

2) James Shields. In 2011 he went 16-12, 2.82 ERA, 1.04WHIP. He was a horse and known for reliably going deep into games. This year he’s still going pretty deep into games and his opponents love it, he’s given up the most hits in the league. His ERA has ballooned to 4.39 and his WHIP has jumped to 1.44.

3) Ricky Romero– 15-11 in 2011 with a 2.92 ERA/1.14 WHIP. This year? He’s lost 5 starts in a row, and his ERA is a bulbis 5.22. He’s rollin’ with a *Tyler Walker WHIP* of 1.50

4) Adam Lind. He swatted out 26 big flys in 2011 with 87 ribbies and a .251 batting average. This year, he went to the minors due to general suckitude and though he’s back now he’s only got 8 HR’s and 27 rbi’s for the year.

5) Carlos Santana—He hit 27 bombs and an .808 OPS in 2011. He was everybody’s wiseguy pick to have a big year in 2012. Who’s the wiseguy now? That’d be Carlos, he’s hit 6 home runs this year.

6) Dirrrrrrrrty Sanchez. I almost didn’t include him because he spent some time on the DL this year. But, he’s spent more time off it and plus, I miss typing that name. You all know the deal. In 2011 he was 4-7 with a 4.26 ERA/1.44 WHIP. He got flipped for the current NL hits leader and in return the Royals got 1 win, a 7.66 ERA and a mindblowingly unreal WHIP of 2.04. Her has since been sent on a one way bus ticket to Colorado…….

7) Albert Poo-holes. He hasn’t had that terrible of a year but I always enjoy the big dolla’ free agent signing taking a shit for their new team. Last year, he hit 37 bombs, .299  BA, .906 OPS. This year, he didn’t hit his first home run until May 6th. At the time, he was hitting .196. Since then, he’s bumped his HR total up to an *average*17 and his OPS up to .830. He won’t make the Top 5 to vote on but I thought I’d throw him into the Top 14……..

8) Mike Napoli. He went bezerko in the 2nd half of last year. After the all star break he hit .383 with an otherworldly 1.171 OPS. I loved what this guy did because it made The Angels look so impossibly stupid for trading Napoli *FOR* Vernon Wells. At the time of the trade, I remarked at how incredibly dumb it was to trade FOR a guy with 80 million left on his deal coming off a shaky, one-off bounce back year. Wells has sunk back into his customary spot in *the tank* and Napoli went on to bust out for the Rangers last year.

But this year has not been an encore year for The ‘Nap. He’s hitting .236 with a .783 OPS. His HR’s are still there (14) but that’s about it.

9) Jair Jurrjens– The guy with too many *j’s* and *r’s* in his name had quite a nice 2011. He was 13-6, 2.92 ERA and opponents hit .249 off of him. He made the all star game. Besides having a difficult name to spell, life was grand. This year, it’s the weird name and nothing else. He was so bad in 2012 that he got sent down to the minors. He’s back now and getting lit up like fireworks with a 6.20 ERA. Opponents are bludgeoning him at a .330 clip….

10) Cliff Lee. He went 17-8 in 2011 with a 2.46 ERA and a remarkable 1.03 WHIP. This year he hasn’t been pitching bad but he’s got 1 win. ONE. 1? Yes, 1……..

11) Justin Upton. He busted out last year for the Dirrrrrrrty Snakes by hitting .289 with 31 big flys and 21 sb’s. Hoping to take the next step towards *MVP territory* it has not happened for him in 2012. He’s got 8 measly home runs and only 11sb’s. He’s being booed by his home town fans and he’s rumored to be traded by the break.

12) Ian Kennedy. Another Dirrrrrrty Snake, he finished 4th in the CY voting going 21-4, 2.88 ERA and 1.09 WHIP. Like many of the D-backs, he’s having a down year. He’s 7-8 with a 4.33 ERA.

13) Cam Maybin. It never happened for Cam as a Marlin and they traded him to the Pads in 2010 for a couple of middle relievers. Boom! he went off in 2011 hitting .264 with 40 stolen bags. The Padres said “We Likey” and handed him a 5 year/25 million dollar deal. However in 2012, it has been a struggle. He’s been hitting .200 for most of the year, recently bumping his average up to .221. He’s stolen 18 bags. ZZZZzzzzzz. 25 million used to buy more……

14) Jesus Guzman. Yeah! I love this guy! He can’t field a lick but the Pads gave him a shot in 2011 and he had a very nice year at the plate. He hit .312 and had an .847 OPS. This year, he’s been caught between the moon and New York City: .240ba/.701 OPS.

I was going to include Timmy in the Top 15 and he definitely belongs there, but he’s had 2 nice starts in a row and it doesn’t seem right to include him on the list since this is a Giants blog. So that’s your list of 14 nominees for The 2012 Adam (I’m So) Dunn Award.

I’ve now cut that list to 5 for you Flappers to now vote on. The criteria to make the Top 5 was arbitrary and subjective. It took all of my mental strength to not put Dirrrrrrty Sanchez in the vote but I’ve managed to keep him out. I didn’t want him to skew the results….

By the way, Dennis deferred to me today, he will be taking my spot on Wednesday. WillieD, you are still up tomorrow……

1. Bozo said, on July 23, 2012 at 8:51 pm

Posey, baby.

2. Flavor said, on July 23, 2012 at 8:52 pm

Loo’s *Munson* call a week ago foretold the future…..

3. zumie said, on July 23, 2012 at 8:58 pm

We gotta get the Melkman signed to a longterm deal.

• Flavor said, on July 23, 2012 at 9:02 pm

He looked like he had a ball with that. He’s a completely different guy than the dude who showed up in ST, didn’t want to talk to anyone, and just told the media he’s here to do his job. What a fantastic career move this has been for him……

4. Flavor said, on July 23, 2012 at 9:00 pm

How awesome was that? All 3 of those guys tossed him back onto the field? In unison? Beautiful baseball moment……

5. pawliekokonuts said, on July 23, 2012 at 9:00 pm

Gee, I can see clearly now. We missed Buster Posey in 2011. (Is this what they call “litotes”? Not quite.)

6. Bozo said, on July 23, 2012 at 9:04 pm

Crawford – proving us all wrong.

• Bozo said, on July 23, 2012 at 9:05 pm

Ump missed that one.

• zumiee said, on July 23, 2012 at 9:06 pm

And the umps proving again why replay is needed on close plays at firstbase.

• Flavor said, on July 23, 2012 at 9:06 pm

all of us? I don’t know if ALL of us posted incessantly that he wasn’t a major leaguer. Maybe the sheer volume of posts *seemed* like it was all of us. But….

• twinfan1 said, on July 23, 2012 at 9:15 pm

Well, you did, off and on. I admitted I was wrong a quite awhile ago.

• Flavor said, on July 23, 2012 at 9:17 pm

I got tired of his failures and called for Arias to play ss now and again but you were obsessive with it. “He’s NOT a major leaguer!” You talked about that almost as much as you talked about Belt being a guy we HAD to be playing every day. Oops……..

• twinfan1 said, on July 23, 2012 at 9:24 pm

Oh, I’ll take my chances on Belt being the better major leaguer. I’m being a little rash, actually, in sayng I’ve been wrong about Crawford. When his OBP hits .300 and his OPS .700, I’ll be a little more contrite…

• Flavor said, on July 23, 2012 at 9:32 pm

you should put your tail between your legs and apologize to the blog for the way you treated Crawford. And the fact the you swung and missed on Belt too (not as often as HE swung and missed, but close) makes your stubborn, typical attitude all that more intolerable about Crawford. Try saying “I was fucking wrong. Again.” And maybe bloggers might treat you with a little more leeway—and respect…….

• twinfan1 said, on July 23, 2012 at 9:53 pm

You should apologize for once again breaking your own rules.
        The jury is hardly in on Belt *or* Crawford. As I said, I was rash in thinking I was wrong on Crawford.But look- I doubt that you *really* want to look up posts on both- you aren’t right on either one-unless you’re just going by your latest flip flop on it.

• Flavor said, on July 23, 2012 at 9:55 pm

7. Flavor said, on July 23, 2012 at 9:04 pm

Crawford has really blossomed this year. It’s not a surprise to me with the sweet swing he’s got.

8. Flavor said, on July 23, 2012 at 9:05 pm

that’s a fucking ridiculous call. You cannot make that call unless you’re certain of it and he was fucking wrong. Lame.

9. unca_chuck said, on July 23, 2012 at 9:09 pm

Yeah, it’s like they want to even out the trap play from earlier. You can’t call that shit unless you mis the bag by 6″.

• zumiee said, on July 23, 2012 at 9:13 pm

The “even up” call. Could possibly be it. It drives people nuts when umps and refs do that.

• zumiee said, on July 23, 2012 at 9:14 pm

Even though that call should have gone the Giants’ way, too.

10. Alleykat said, on July 23, 2012 at 9:09 pm

Boy did Crawford get screwed by that incompetent Ump.Clearly hit 1B.Loses a double,not even a hit that’s a.tough out.

11. Berger said, on July 23, 2012 at 9:12 pm

Do you think they might show the fans catching Melky on ESPN tonight?

• Flavor said, on July 23, 2012 at 9:15 pm

absolutely. That’s a vid-bite moment if I’ve ever seen one. It was the *in unison* thing that made the moment…..

12. Alleykat said, on July 23, 2012 at 9:15 pm

With the big lead,Boch didnt want to give him too much shit,knowing this idiot will be behind the plate tomorrow.Could be interesting how this dude calls a game though.Could get ugly on this newbie.

• Bozo said, on July 23, 2012 at 9:19 pm

He’ll see the replay and know he owes us one.

• unca_chuck said, on July 23, 2012 at 9:22 pm

Dude’s 6’8″. He couldn’t see that far down.

13. unca_chuck said, on July 23, 2012 at 9:18 pm

They might as well send Belt down if they start Panda at 1st more than as a one-off. Him sitting does no one any good.

• unca_chuck said, on July 23, 2012 at 9:19 pm

I mean if he’s struggling as a starter, he ain;t gonna do shit as a PHer,

• Flavor said, on July 23, 2012 at 9:22 pm

I know, I said that earlier. It’s time for him to go down…..

• Alleykat said, on July 23, 2012 at 9:27 pm

Belt will be.part of my Hellickson,Zobrist trade Chuck.Like Eddie D said to Marc Trestman,”Your gone” Boch and Sabean are sayin the same thing.Even if it’s not Panda over at first,they still can’t wait for rocking chair Huff to return to screw Belt more.

• twinfan1 said, on July 23, 2012 at 9:31 pm

Actually, there is exactly zero to support that he wouldn’t be a good PHer. But he’s their best trade bait. They should move him for a RH OF/1st baseman.

14. unca_chuck said, on July 23, 2012 at 9:21 pm

The only guy who seems to get better with less playing time is Nate . . .

15. pawliekokonuts said, on July 23, 2012 at 9:24 pm

The Yanks’ acquisition of Ichiro just blows, on so many levels.

• blade3colorado said, on July 23, 2012 at 9:28 pm

Yeah, I was sort of shocked by the trade too. Seattle has a large Japanese community that adores him . . . Sheesh, the entire Seattle populace loved the guy. Hard to understand why this went down.

• Flavor said, on July 23, 2012 at 9:29 pm

R U kidding? I’m 100% for it. First of all, Ichiro is at the end of the line. Secondly, it’s great theater. I fucking love to watch Yankee games. How do I love to watch them and one of my main shwag-wearing Nation members doesn’t watch the games? I must be crazy, and I’ve said this many times, but I am fascinated by the Yankees *brand* and I think the YES network is the best baseball network out there, by a million miles……

• pawliekokonuts said, on July 23, 2012 at 9:34 pm

one word…1962…plus try living in a sea of Yankee swag…vomitous

• Flavor said, on July 23, 2012 at 9:39 pm

I can’t get down with ’62 my man since I wasn’t alive but I support you and others who want to trip on it. Didn’t the WS in 2010 make up for it though?

• blade3colorado said, on July 23, 2012 at 9:45 pm

No total revenge entails Seppuku on the part of the entire 1962 Yankee team . . . We will be satisfied with nothing less. 🙂

16. Flavor said, on July 23, 2012 at 9:25 pm

the Crawford thing wasn’t an *even-upper*. There was nothing to even up. One stud umpire broke ranks and corrected his blind countryman. It’s incomprehensible that an umpire would make that call unless be misses the bag by at least 6 inches. No umpire EVER makes that call. Maybe he had a date tonight, who knows…..

• Alleykat said, on July 23, 2012 at 9:32 pm

Well that freakin Ump is taller then Herman Munster,maybe his his head was above the fog.

17. willedav said, on July 23, 2012 at 9:28 pm

Those HRs to right from Posey remind me …..Piazza is on HOF ballot for next year. Alongside some guys with “issues”–or maybe it’s the writers who will have issues with them: sosa clemens and bonds.

• blade3colorado said, on July 23, 2012 at 9:32 pm

Someone told me that Sosa bleached his skin ala’ Michael Jackson????

• zumie said, on July 23, 2012 at 9:38 pm

The “issues” guys might open things up for guys like Piazza and Bernie Williams. The Hall isn’t going to have years with zero inductees, probably. Has that ever happened?
      Baggarly has already said he will vote yes on the steroid guys. He’s not a big fan of the writers trying to be the ‘moral police’ of the Hall. There’s already a lot of cheeseballs in the Hall who happened to be great baseball players.

18. Berger said, on July 23, 2012 at 9:36 pm

Kotsay is a solid player. Can he play 1st?

• blade3colorado said, on July 23, 2012 at 9:41 pm

He played his first game at 1st last month in place of the injured Yonder Alonso (at the time). No idea how good he is, since normally he plays left.

19. Bozo said, on July 23, 2012 at 9:39 pm

He Tossed Crawford? What a fucking pussy. Back to the Carolina leagues for that ump.

20. Alleykat said, on July 23, 2012 at 9:40 pm

Way to hold your ground Crawdaddy.That ump deserved some shit.

21. Berger said, on July 23, 2012 at 9:42 pm

The cave is stoked. Start Nate, Giants win.

22. Bozo said, on July 23, 2012 at 9:42 pm

A solid win.

• zumiee said, on July 23, 2012 at 9:55 pm

A win without drama! Cool!

23. Bozo said, on July 23, 2012 at 9:46 pm

By the way – a tip of a Bochy sized hat to Theriot. That guy has really grabbed that second base job and well, grabbed it.

24. Berger said, on July 23, 2012 at 9:48 pm

Cain and Posey are my two favorite Giants. Stay hot Buster! Good night all!

25. Bozo said, on July 23, 2012 at 9:55 pm

Hey Ed – could you let your English landlords know that women’s volleyball HAS to be played in bikinis. Put some sand and heat lamps indoors and let the ladys romp. No coverups, please.

Night all – Go Giants.

• tedspe said, on July 23, 2012 at 9:59 pm

If I were ed, I’d reply “Well, considering you were the first asshole to make the Carlos Santana/Guitarist joke…
      Fuck you bozo”

But…I’m not ed

• Alleykat said, on July 23, 2012 at 10:39 pm

LMFAO Bozo….POTD!!! If we can’t have are gals.in bikini’s,perferably loose tops,then the Hell with London,those Stuffy Boring Wankers!

26. Flavor said, on July 23, 2012 at 10:01 pm

what a fucking crock of shit. I should expect nothing less coming from you. Fuck the jury. Where are we TODAY? The guy you said wasn’t a major leaguer has been winning games for us. The guy you’ve been beating off too has been having excuses made for him (by you).
    I would ABSOLUTELY put my posts about Crawford against yours. So fucking what if I had some *sit Crawford* posts? He had stretches of playing like shit,. offensively and defensively. I also have many where I supported him. BUt you were 100% ADAMANT about how he was not a major leaguer. Meanwhile YOUR major leaguer has been acting like a single A player all year with you making excuses for him like a protective mother.
    Listen, I don’t want to hear a single word from you about Brandon Crawford for the rest of the year. Got it? You can spend the time you would normally spend skewering him on making up a shitload of excuses for your pussy failure prediction of Belt……

• Flavor said, on July 23, 2012 at 10:03 pm

Sorry, this was for Twin’s 9:53pm…..

• tedspe said, on July 23, 2012 at 10:05 pm

Nevermind

• twinfan1 said, on July 23, 2012 at 10:08 pm

Well, when His OPB, OPS, and wRC+ are as good as Belt’s I’ll consider thinking about seeing if I hurt Crawford’s feelings. You can’t be serious you are banning me from discussing Crawford. That is so out of control.

• Flavor said, on July 23, 2012 at 10:09 pm

He’s a fucking SS and you are comparing him to a first basemen, Do you understand how fucking stupid that makes you look?:

• Flavor said, on July 23, 2012 at 10:10 pm

either admit you are ignorant right now, and you think all position players are the same, or apologize for being stupid. Again.

• Flavor said, on July 23, 2012 at 10:11 pm

You know what, I’m gonna start a poll on who has contributed more to the season, Crawford or your pussy friend Belt. Let’s see how many people side with your dumbass on this topic…….

• twinfan1 said, on July 23, 2012 at 10:20 pm

• Flavor said, on July 23, 2012 at 10:22 pm

hey buddy, you’re breaking the new rule. You are not allowed to discuss Crawford here UNTIL you admit you were are stupid fuck on him and equally if not more stupid on Belt. So, oops, that post just got deleted….

• twinfan1 said, on July 23, 2012 at 10:11 pm

For a guy who routinely trashes players, you’re extremely defensive about this. Settle down.

• Flavor said, on July 23, 2012 at 10:13 pm

So who is it, Crawford or Belt? Let’s have it be a poll of *1*. Who contributed to the team more this year?

• Flavor said, on July 23, 2012 at 10:14 pm

Oh my god, it can’t be the guy who isn’t a major leaguer, is it? If it is, what does that make the *other* guy?????

• Flavor said, on July 23, 2012 at 10:18 pm

should I take your silence as a vote for Crawford? OMG the horror! See, was that so hard?

• twinfan1 said, on July 23, 2012 at 10:25 pm

You are officially out of control. How about this: he’s better than Burriss.

• Flavor said, on July 23, 2012 at 10:32 pm

another pussy call from a fucking drama queen pussy. Expected……

27. twinfan1 said, on July 23, 2012 at 10:02 pm

Chi, don’t forget you took my day tomorrow.

• Flavor said, on July 23, 2012 at 10:15 pm

WillieD goes tomorrow and then Dennis for me. Are you trying to intentionally fuck the schedule up?

• twinfan1 said, on July 23, 2012 at 10:23 pm

Hardly, I saw you posted today, and saw I was after you…
        A poll of bloggers hardly settles anything.

• Flavor said, on July 23, 2012 at 10:33 pm

try reading the fucking schedule and my post where I clearly indicated at the end of it that I was taking Denny’s spot.

28. tedspe said, on July 23, 2012 at 10:15 pm

I was listening to KNBR on the weekend and the tards what was talking were pointing out the number of errors the Giants have this year that, by number alone, are high and how “You can’t win it all with those kind of errors”. But, and I’m sure youse guys know this..weren’t these errors in the first few months of the season and they’ve stabalized since then?
    Or am I just being a Polyanna?

• zumiee said, on July 23, 2012 at 10:18 pm

That’s a good point. That error total doesn’t represent where the team is at now, defensively. The defense has calmed way down.

• tedspe said, on July 23, 2012 at 10:22 pm

That’s what I’m thinking too, zumiee. I don’t have the stats on hand to back it up but it seems to me the Giants were weak at the beginning of the season but have been pretty good since mid-June

• zumiee said, on July 23, 2012 at 10:31 pm

It got a little bizarre in some of the early games, but now it’s a solid defense on a daily basis, overall. Nice catches by Nate and Melky tonight.

29. zumiee said, on July 23, 2012 at 10:23 pm

From the very excellent Flapper Code of Conduct:
    “try ignoring bloggers or posts that you don’t like. You can also try to respond with “I will not discuss this further” or “this is my last comment on this topic”. Those are 2 respectful ways of showing a blogger that you are done with the *argument*. And then prove it by leaving it alone and moving on.”

• tedspe said, on July 23, 2012 at 10:27 pm

Whatever happened to “Uncle”?

30. Nipper said, on July 23, 2012 at 10:28 pm

It’s nice to see Flappers get along so well. As for me I just ignore most of you except when you fight it out. I pay attention then.

• Flavor said, on July 23, 2012 at 10:34 pm

Fuck you Nipper, you’re a fucklng ambulance chaser. Go back to the fucking splash…….

• tedspe said, on July 23, 2012 at 10:42 pm

Ambulance chaser? I literally just laughed out loud

• Nipper said, on July 23, 2012 at 10:52 pm

Does this ambulance have the sirens sounding off?

31. twinfan1 said, on July 23, 2012 at 10:31 pm

• Flavor said, on July 23, 2012 at 10:35 pm

Negative. Admit, right now, that you were wrong about Belt and Crawford. Is that so hard to do? Are you incapable of admitting you are wrong about anything?

• twinfan1 said, on July 23, 2012 at 10:41 pm

So you delete my post and then fucking respond to it? I’m not wrong about anything yet- you are wrong to continue your personal attacks.

32. Salty said, on July 23, 2012 at 10:33 pm

I just got to thinking that list reminds me of 2010, when a few “dunn’s” saved our ass.

33. zumiee said, on July 23, 2012 at 10:37 pm

I happened to be reading a baseball history book today and one of the photos in the book was of the original layout in Dodger Stadium, with an insane amount of foul territory. Compare that to AT&T, where players are routinely challenged with making catches with minimal foul territory. Nate and Melky got it done well on a couple of difficult catches tonight.

• tedspe said, on July 23, 2012 at 10:45 pm

That’s the thing with Nate. We’ve all *loved* his defense since day one. But…his hitting has always been a big but.–Not that there’s anything wrong with a big butt

34. Flavor said, on July 23, 2012 at 10:38 pm

yes, I just removed your editing options. I’m out tonight and I don’t want you fucking with the back end of the blog. Do not email me…….

35. zumiee said, on July 23, 2012 at 10:44 pm

The book is “Our Game: An American Baseball History,” by Charles Alexander. The guy is a history professor, and he teaches a class in baseball history. That would be a pretty cool way to get some college credits. The book was published in the early ’90s so I don’t know if he’s still teaching. Heck, I don’t even know if he’s still alive. He wrote his own textbook for the class. And although it has some of the occasional dryness of a textbook, it does have a pretty engaging narrative, and does give a good solid history of the sport from it’s invention in the early to mid-1800s, to current times.

• tedspe said, on July 23, 2012 at 10:48 pm

See, you lost me with “engaging narrative”
      I had one of those and was divorced within 5 years

36. twinfan1 said, on July 23, 2012 at 10:45 pm

Whatever- and I already E-Mailed you. I have NEVER fucked with your blog, though. Once again- you are completely over the top.

37. Flavor said, on July 23, 2012 at 10:51 pm

And to anyone else still here as I make my way out: I break the rules of my own Conduct Code sometimes, and I clearly broke it tonight. But it’s a pot that bubbles over with a lot of shit. emails from lurkers, emails from vets, emails from someone else demanding fucking apologies and deletions NON-FUCKING STOP….There’s probably other things that influence my rule breaking, like life and shit. But none of you have ANY idea how this shit ends up wearing on me. It has nothing to do with a Giants win or loss anymore. Ha, that used to be all that fucking mattered. It’s this whole other level that I fucking HATE. Good night………

• Nipper said, on July 23, 2012 at 10:55 pm

Night.

• twinfan1 said, on July 23, 2012 at 11:02 pm

I have been just fine since the new blog- knock off blaming me, it’s bullshit. I didn’t say a goddamn thing to earn your attack(s). You weren’t driven to anything. You were abusive to someone who who doesn’t deserve your abuse.

38. tedspe said, on July 23, 2012 at 10:52 pm

Ooookay.
    Goodnight, gentlemen (?)

• tedspe said, on July 23, 2012 at 11:01 pm

Sorry, but I just realized I forgot to mention something.
      Ya know? For a cute chick athlete that doesn’t play tennis– Michelle Wie has a real nice rack.
      Okay, now.
      Goodnight, gentlemen (?)

• snarkk said, on July 23, 2012 at 11:04 pm

Ted — summa cum laude graduate of the Ben Wright school of golf broadcasting…

• tedspe said, on July 23, 2012 at 11:15 pm

hahaha! Well played sir

• snarkk said, on July 23, 2012 at 11:24 pm

And, given her paltry number of wins, she may be proving his theory Wright.
        Good night, sir…

• tedspe said, on July 23, 2012 at 11:35 pm

But in full disclosure–I don’t get it.
        Who’s Ben Wright?

• snarkk said, on July 24, 2012 at 12:06 am

In case you really didn’t get it, here’s a link.

39. snarkk said, on July 23, 2012 at 10:58 pm

Good game by Vogy tonite. Started a tad rough, then settled in for a solid, solid 7. About 10 more of that kind of effort would be just fine…

40. Macdog said, on July 23, 2012 at 11:05 pm

Gotta like Vogey, gotta like Posey, gotta like Melky, gotta like them Giants!

41. Alleykat said, on July 23, 2012 at 11:32 pm

Time to let it go BF,your gonna blow a gasket.When you and Twin go on a “Bitch Fest” nothing ever gets resolved.Does turn alot of us off, 2 stubborn heads always butting like Rams.I do feel you started the Stable Boys,Dirrty Dozen, cause of not just getting burned out doing it.But your constant back and forth verbal venom Twin and you spew out was getting to you even more.IMO
    Same goes with you Twin…Now you know it general, ive always been fair and supported of you.Though their are times on wanted to go ballastic,i have just screamed at my computer or phone instead.Flap is a special place for me and a whole lot of others.Plenty of personalitys I enjoy.But if someone wants to make trade suggestions and this is for everyone here,just let them
    say what they want without ripping them.Yes their are dumb and good ideas on trades,but “NO ONE”here should be “Judge and Jury” on what is said here.We are All “DieHard Giant Fans”with extreme passion for this team.Right now this team is rolling 8-2since the break.Let’s just keep that Mojo going .Giants Baseball,Humm Baby!

• tedspe said, on July 23, 2012 at 11:38 pm

REVRET!!!!!!

• twinfan1 said, on July 24, 2012 at 12:00 am

You state your opinions, I state mine. As you saw tonight, Flavor ( and others) are hardly shy when they think I’m wrong. What is it, 4 years? 5? since I thought that Ortmeier would be a 20-80 guy. I still hear about it.This idea that I’m tearing heads off while Lil Craig Fauntelroy is making nice nice is a crock. But I sure as hell don’t do what Craig did tonight- ENDLESSLY make abusive personal attacks over a difference of opinion on baseball. This should be clear- Craig and I have posted for years, here and on the Splash-and while we’ve had many an argument- make no mistake- he LOVES arguing with or without my participation. Anyway- it’s a fucking blog- if I think your trade is dumb, BFD. And vice-versa.

42. twinfan1 said, on July 23, 2012 at 11:33 pm

Lots to like and lots to not not like if they don’t get another first baseman if Belt is to sit or go down. Every internal option weakens the team. As I posted a week or so ago- if the Brewers are selling- a Belt+ for Corey Hart would be a reasonable trade for both teams.

• tedspe said, on July 23, 2012 at 11:56 pm

REVRET!!!!

• twinfan1 said, on July 24, 2012 at 12:02 am

What does that mean, I’ve never known.

• eddacker said, on July 24, 2012 at 3:10 am

it is a frog croak, I think.