Trying to Let The Melky Misery Go……

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on August 16, 2012

Pfffttttt…….I’m disgusted with this entire episode. Melky’s silence after Bagg’s issued that public apology still angers me the most. I know other things should, like his suspension and the lying and the fake stats and stuff…..But reading Baggs’ thread on 7/28 made me almost turn on the guy—one of my favorite Bay Area writers of all time—- and Melky just sat there in his little rat-hole, ignoring the apology, darting his eyes back and forth while he prayed for that *miracle ticket* out of this drug-induced mess….I guess when you’re a cheater and a liar you don’t give a sh!t about people that play the game by the rules—people that are living in a society– I wonder if Melky laughed out loud when he read Bagg’s public apology to him? To me, it was one or the other: “darting eyes” or “LQTHPS” (laugh quietly to his pathetic self). Maybe both. I can’t even think about this without wanting to spit in his face….And this has NOTHING to do with Barry or The PED Era or anything. Barry Bonds NEVER fucked his team like this.  No player of Melky’s status has done this to his team at this point in the season. Manny-Gate isn’t even a close comparision. He came to the Dodgers as an established star. He was just *Manny being Manny….” and he got popped.

The WORST part of all of this is that I got fucking tricked into believing something super-cool was happening. I knew in my brain that a guy on his 4th different team in 4 years who is leading the league in hits and runs and who’s hitting .350 and carrying around an all-star MVP trophy couldn’t really be happening.  But I still talked myself into believing it was real. I checked his near-.400 BABIP and dismissed it as an aberration. This was real.  I reveled and lol’d in the fall-out of us trading the guy with the worst ERA in the American League for the guy with the most hits in the National League.  THIS WAS FUCKING REAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And then to find out it was all fake bullshit?  It was so deflating. And it made me feel like a dumb ass……
But I’m getting over it. It’s just one guy. And if there’s one thing I am certain of it’s that I care more about the following than any one person: THE San Francisco Giants. And just typing that has already started the healing process……..

1. Flavor said, on August 17, 2012 at 7:59 pm

that is one big sweaty fuck. Reminds me of Tyler Walker.

• snarkk said, on August 17, 2012 at 8:18 pm

Didn’t we used to call him “Big Sweaty” or some such?….

• Flavor said, on August 17, 2012 at 8:22 pm

sounds about right.

• snarkk said, on August 17, 2012 at 8:32 pm

Remember that inning in Detroit when Big Sweaty K’d 3 guys in 9 pitches or something, setting a record? Seems like decades ago…

2. DJLoo said, on August 17, 2012 at 8:03 pm

I’ve had 3 meals and cleaned the bathroom since this inning began…

3. blade3colorado said, on August 17, 2012 at 8:06 pm

Doesn’t look like many Padre fans are in attendance tonight. At least, I haven’t seen too many.

• eddacker said, on August 17, 2012 at 8:09 pm

I had read somewhere earlier that the SD SFGs fans were going to have an Orange Friday today. I hope the fans at that pub in New York are enjoying this.

• Flavor said, on August 17, 2012 at 8:22 pm

san dawg is there and he’s been texting me happy thoughts. I just asked him the % breakdown on giants/pads fans and will update when I receive

• blade3colorado said, on August 17, 2012 at 8:26 pm

Thanks. Yeah, I am going to guestimate 40 percent Giant fans and 50 percent Padre and the rest are scoping or on the make for broads. What say you?

• Flavor said, on August 17, 2012 at 8:51 pm

well he hasn’t gotten back to me so I’m guessing the babes are monopolizing his interest……..

• Flavor said, on August 17, 2012 at 8:51 pm

haha, literally 2 seconds after I posted that I got a text back: “35% Giants fans, easy”

4. Bozo said, on August 17, 2012 at 8:09 pm

Now that was a fun inning.

5. unca_chuck said, on August 17, 2012 at 8:12 pm

Wow, I was hoping for a laugher, and here it is.

Yikes, Snarkk. You win . . .

6. blade3colorado said, on August 17, 2012 at 8:13 pm

I never understood the baseball “niceties” that K and K were talking about. Why go half-speed when you are up 8-9 runs? Your ass will be handed to you if you adhere to those unofficial bullshit etiquette rules at Coors or any of the MLB band boxes,

7. zumiee said, on August 17, 2012 at 8:13 pm

Braves win!

8. snarkk said, on August 17, 2012 at 8:14 pm

If that kind of boffo inning is the result, I’m going to start inserting Kate Beckinsale vids in here when we need a rally. It will at least do me some good. Now, Braves over LA!…

• unca_chuck said, on August 17, 2012 at 8:16 pm

Boffo. . . . .

LQTM.

• ewisco said, on August 17, 2012 at 8:18 pm

is kate the new goddess in a sun dress?

• paulinasia said, on August 17, 2012 at 8:19 pm

Good idea, Snarkk, whatever works, and … she seemed to work it tonight….

9. unca_chuck said, on August 17, 2012 at 8:15 pm

Ohhhhhhhh- ohh- oh-oh-ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    Ohhhhhhhhh-ohh-oh-oh ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Bravos win!

10. unca_chuck said, on August 17, 2012 at 8:15 pm

Petco ain’t no band box, Blade.

• blade3colorado said, on August 17, 2012 at 8:21 pm

Or where ever. I just don’t understand that crap. Even in football, you never see that anymore. Miami U was famous (or infamous) for running up the score.

11. blade3colorado said, on August 17, 2012 at 8:19 pm

If it’s any consolation to that Padres pitcher, Ohlendufus or whatever his frickin’ name is, Jared Weaver got lit up for 9 runs in 3 innings this evening.

• eddacker said, on August 17, 2012 at 8:23 pm

so after the game in the clubhouse he is saying, “I pitched that one just like Jared.”

against TBR at home? wtf?

12. eddacker said, on August 17, 2012 at 8:20 pm

as K&K announce the x-innings win in Atl. I am clapping out loud to my telly, in the dark of early Sat morning.

• unca_chuck said, on August 17, 2012 at 8:24 pm

You are a true die-hard, Eddddd.

Dial a shot!

Orrrrrrrrrrrr is it blog-a-shot???

• eddacker said, on August 17, 2012 at 8:27 pm

I don’t know chuck, it is 4:30 and I am having a salad and OJ. If I keep this up my body clock will not re-adjust until December.

• Flavor said, on August 17, 2012 at 8:28 pm

POTD– hey, are you and the *darkness* gearing up for your first Flap Author Post?

• eddacker said, on August 17, 2012 at 8:38 pm

of course, but the only thing I can think about is melk-men clothes on ebay???

13. Flavor said, on August 17, 2012 at 8:24 pm

Tennessee continued to run up the score against the team they played yesterday (I can’t remember off hand who it was). Even with a *mercy rule* that didn’t quite kick in, they were blasting the ball, running hard, taking bases, all the way to the end. In Little League……

14. eddacker said, on August 17, 2012 at 8:25 pm

How many of you use the WordPress tool bar? I is a nice feature they added this year.

15. paulinasia said, on August 17, 2012 at 8:27 pm

One more thing, last one, I swear, about the Melky thing — it’s been noted how nearly all the Giants players seem to have the same attitude about it; namely, a bit of disgust and time to move on. Was thinking, what if this was Buster, or Pablo, getting busted? Everyone loves those guys, it would just be total shock across the board, and I’m guessing a lot more empathy and show of support from the players. The lack thereof for Melky makes me think he might not have been all that well liked in the clubhouse, despite everything appearing to be all smiles all the time. In the end, could be a case of addition by subtraction, in a weird way, despite the offensive numbers the team has lost with him gone. The team sure seems to be enjoying itself tonight….

• eddacker said, on August 17, 2012 at 8:32 pm

does it hurt your head to twist around and view things from that angle? nice post my man. What is it? 12 noon in your part of the flapper nation?

• paulinasia said, on August 17, 2012 at 8:33 pm

10:30am Sat. morning, Ed, still sippin’ my morning coffee to chase away the midnight beers from last night…. 🙂

• eddacker said, on August 17, 2012 at 8:39 pm

ahh, that is right no daylight saving time there. hehe
        a day game for you

• Flavor said, on August 17, 2012 at 8:48 pm

I love how you have turned *Flapper Nation* into covering the Earth. That’s some strreeetch, my man……

• Flavor said, on August 17, 2012 at 8:35 pm

yes, I think that’s totally possible. Kruk and Kuip were MERCILESS, almost hateful, on their radio morning shows about Melky……

16. zumiee said, on August 17, 2012 at 8:32 pm

That middle-of-the-last-decade Giants bullpen was mediocre but it had some great nicknames from the fans. Big Sweaty, Trashcan, Blownitez…..

• Flavor said, on August 17, 2012 at 8:39 pm

absolutely. How about *The Refrigerator Mover* (Randy Messenger)

17. ewisco said, on August 17, 2012 at 8:33 pm

it’s 9-0, fifth inning. this is for bozo: clown, myth, legend:

18. unca_chuck said, on August 17, 2012 at 8:35 pm

That’s hard to say. With a boatload of these players being Latin or South American, I’m sure he warmed up to the clubhouse scene. I mean it’s a far cry from his “I’m just here to play” statement to start the year. He seemed to be fitting in very well, and getting into a groove here.

Sure, he wasn’t the presence that Buster or Pablo is, but he will be missed.

Like Timmy said though, you just have to treat it like and extended off day.

The thing about the te4am now is they cannot afford another injury to any one of the prodigious P’s . . .

• DJLoo said, on August 17, 2012 at 8:39 pm

I’m pretending he’s on maternity leave…

19. zumiee said, on August 17, 2012 at 8:49 pm

I hope the Dodger fans are enjoying the humble pie facial they’ve been getting tonight.

• Flavor said, on August 17, 2012 at 8:53 pm

they’re still *ouchy* after the last game where that 16 year old ump threw everyone out of the game who looked at him funny…….

20. willedav said, on August 17, 2012 at 8:52 pm

Blade, most of the “baseball code” stuff applies later in the game of a laugher, e. g. up 9-2 in the 8th, pagan or blanco aren’t supposed to be stealing bases if they get on. That kind of stuff would get somebody thrown at, and most old school mgrs like bochy know it. No need to be overdoing it and showing up opposition.
    I was surprised the other night when Washington’s Zim took second on a sac fly caught by pagan up 8-0, but it was early, so I guess that was OK. Later in the game I think it would be looked at differently.

• blade3colorado said, on August 17, 2012 at 9:22 pm

Yeah, I know willieD – I just don’t agree with it because I have seen teams lose games when it bit them in the ass. It was probably more applicable during the Gibson and Drysdale 60s era.

I forgot where I read this – maybe Zumie knows which book this came from – but Mays said that there wasn’t a pitcher in the league that he was scared up and then explained that he could be at bat and catch anyone’s fastball with his bare hands. He would do it with the pitchers on his team on occasion. I thought that was so cool. 🙂

• blade3colorado said, on August 17, 2012 at 9:22 pm

*up should be *of

21. James said, on August 17, 2012 at 8:53 pm

“You’re a NL 1st Basemen and you have 4 HR’s and thirty something RBI’s?”

Amusing that Will is so down on Belt. Clark’s first season wasn’t much better than Belt’s first 2 half seasons. Of course, if those 2 half seasons had occurred in 2011, Belt’s numbers might be more to the Thrill’s liking in 2012.

22. Flavor said, on August 17, 2012 at 8:57 pm

well, Will was talking about THIS year, not multiple years, but whatever. And Will hit 11 in his first season and then 35 the next. So if Belt does anything in between 11 and 35 next year, I bet Will gives him some props…….

• James said, on August 17, 2012 at 9:06 pm

I doubt that Belt comes close to 35 at ATT. Or that Will would have. One thing is for sure: Belt will have a better SB % than Will did in 87. Wow, was Roger Craig a fucking . . . . amazing clubhouse leader.

• zumiee said, on August 17, 2012 at 9:10 pm

Will was an impact player early on for the Giants, and Belt has his chance in the next month and a half to be an impact guy. If he does, it will be huge huge huge for the Giants.

• Flavor said, on August 17, 2012 at 9:17 pm

It’s tough to say what Will would have done at ATT. He went 35 in season 2 and then never came close to that again. Will was more about his OPS (lifetime .880). I’m surprised you don’t appreciate that about him, instead preferring to talk up Belt’s .748 (very average for a first baseman).

• James said, on August 17, 2012 at 9:47 pm

BF, I was only observing that over roughly the same number of major league PAs, Clark was not yet performing much better than Belt has. The context was not Clark’s career accomplishments, but his comments. I agree, Zumie, now’s the time.

23. paulinasia said, on August 17, 2012 at 9:00 pm

Well, I posted before that Melky’s numbers will be irreplaceable… surely they will miss the numbers, but maybe not all that much, and I’m starting to think they’re not going to miss the man very much at all. And yeah, someone was commenting on how the trade looks now; still a good trade, Dirrrty was useless and not needed, and the Giants would likely not be near first place without Melky’s pre-bust contributions. And yeah, Craig, it ain’t just Flapper Nation, it’s Flapper World…

• ewisco said, on August 17, 2012 at 9:19 pm

now you’ve done it Paul. the next thing we’re going to hear is “raider world”, then “whatever world”. and it’s all going to be YOUR fault.

• paulinasia said, on August 17, 2012 at 9:26 pm

I don’t think we need to worry about Raider World. Hard to find too many Raider fans beyond certain parts of the East Bay……. :-p But Whatever World, that’s another story. I hear that’s the name of the sequel to Costner’s Water World….

24. eddacker said, on August 17, 2012 at 9:08 pm

Looks like we will see our famous left-right-left bullpen in the 8-9 innings. Driving fear deep in the hearts of opposing teams.

• shaman138 said, on August 17, 2012 at 9:57 pm

You mean our “closer”?

25. Flavor said, on August 17, 2012 at 9:09 pm

another great national article that supports Baggs and targets that lying pussy-weazle-fuck Melky

• paulinasia said, on August 17, 2012 at 9:20 pm

And a new acronym is born to describe someone we apparently really really really don’t like… “He’s such a LPWF”…..

• ewisco said, on August 17, 2012 at 9:22 pm

melky was in a bit of a tough spot. can’t admit that he’s under investigation. but it would have been appropriate for him to say to bagg’s “you don’t owe me an apology.” he doesn’t admit anything while giving baggs credit in the long term and not lying.

• Flavor said, on August 17, 2012 at 9:33 pm

I hear that but I can’t support it. If Baggs hadn’t issued his apology this wouldn’t have bothered me so much. I really respect that guy and did not view him kindly after he apparently fucked up and jumped the gun on the PED call out on July 28th. Melky was in his rat-hole that day and there probably wasn’t a desirable response. But still, fuck him for letting Baggs twist in the wind and look like as asswipe after he rightly scooped this story weeks ago……….

26. Flavor said, on August 17, 2012 at 9:27 pm

B-Craw is hitting .247 right now. Who had him at that at this point in the year? Anyone? Bueler? Bueler? And his defense has been spectacular for nearly 2 months now. I’ll take .247 all day long from that dude……

• willedav said, on August 17, 2012 at 10:02 pm

looks solid out there, growing up each month. And still more rbis than *all star* bryce harper has, in less ABs.

• snarkk said, on August 17, 2012 at 11:45 pm

Yep, if Crawfish can hit around .250 for the season with the occasional double, and pretty much is pickin’ it now at SS with great range, that’s friggin golden right there. Compare that to the past of Rent with a crippled elbow, the occasional Miggy cement shoe two step, and Orlando Cabrera droppin pop-ups, fer Kreissakes. There’s no comparison…

27. zumiee said, on August 17, 2012 at 9:31 pm

Atlanta’s Kimbral went 1-2-3 in his non-save appearance in the 9th inning tonight, with 2 strikeouts. Dennis’s theory took a hit on that one.

• Flavor said, on August 17, 2012 at 9:36 pm

His theory takes a hit on that one all the time, he just only re-posts the times it supports his *case*—which he rested a long time ago. And yet he can’t seem to let it rest……

28. paulinasia said, on August 17, 2012 at 9:56 pm

This was an uplifting performance by the team. It kind of says, rearview mirror time, just moving forward, like they all said they would do. Good on them.

29. Nipper said, on August 17, 2012 at 9:57 pm

Nice to have a laugher for a change.

30. willedav said, on August 17, 2012 at 10:00 pm

bidness. And LA takes over second place again.

31. eddacker said, on August 17, 2012 at 10:01 pm

Rookie reliever George Kontos (0-0, 2.57ERA) has blanked opponents in 21 of 28 outings this season

32. Flavor said, on August 17, 2012 at 10:30 pm

Cishek with another save for the marlins tonight. Beltran continuing to spin his wheels– 3 for 22 with 1 run/3 rbi’s since the big “collusion trade”, LQTM

33. Berger said, on August 17, 2012 at 11:04 pm

It was fun blogging here until I was told of how I was about to be deleted by Zum E or whatever his name is. Who really trusts lawyers and communists anyway? Normally that doesn’t phase me. But here 8 people have the ability to delete. Communism at its finest. Tattle on your neigfhbor, right? You guys are great but the system sucks for anybody who doesn’t agree with the sewing circle/hanging posse.

• eddacker said, on August 17, 2012 at 11:31 pm

Hey, the cave has been dull without you. And no rota for cleaning the bidet.
      there is no clique here, just those of us that kiss BFs ass and the rest of you losers. 😈
      J/K things do fluctuate, but our little giants loving pico dysfunctional family works out well in the long run. and we can always get together outside the blog and say funny things about life, baseball and testosterone.

• Berger said, on August 17, 2012 at 11:45 pm

Ed- That was good! I don’t mind going toe to toe with 10 people that disagree. Problem is 8 here can delete my posts. Zum E let me know about that. Don’t you just love lawyers? I love you guys but I don’t stand a chance. I need not be here. The cave suffered when Nate hit a ball off of his toe and Pence is hitting about .260. The cave has been sold.

• shaman138 said, on August 17, 2012 at 11:52 pm

Hunter Pence thinks the cave can fuck off.

• Berger said, on August 18, 2012 at 12:20 am

Pence took over the cave. His inability to perform is what got the cave sold. I agree, fuck him.

34. SanDawg said, on August 17, 2012 at 11:45 pm

I agree Bermermeister….its good to have someone stir the pot from time to time—c’mon back, the water’s fine.

As for that bit about Willie Mays catching pitches with his bare hands, I heard Steve Stone tell that story during a Cubs game once. I think he said Willie would challenge any pitcher on the Giants to stand on the mound and fire a fastball that he couldn’t catch with his bare hands behind that plate. He said Willie had no problem catching them. That’s pretty damn impressive.
    The game was fun. Can’t wait to go back tomorrow.

35. shaman138 said, on August 17, 2012 at 11:57 pm

BTW, can’t we just abolish pre-season football? So far it’s accomplished nothing except injuries…Witten’s down for the count until probably after the season opener and now THREE key Raiders went down tonight…and they lost anyway. It’s boring, pointless, and total bullshit. If the NFL is so all about “protecting” players now, they should get rid of garbage games where players can and will get hurt.

• Berger said, on August 18, 2012 at 12:23 am

Are you as stupid as your posts sound?

36. unca_chuck said, on August 18, 2012 at 12:05 am

So, a 20 game season? Think there will be LESS injuries that way? Not on your life.

And the owners are NOT going to give up on the cash cow that the 4 preseason games are. No games will ever come off the table.

• Berger said, on August 18, 2012 at 12:25 am

Give him hell unca! I signed off on Skeebers blog. I’ll check back if you want to keep talking music! Otherwise, I’m off to bed.

37. Flavor said, on August 18, 2012 at 7:45 am

Beger–Zumie probably told you HOW people get deleted here. He didn’t threaten to delete you. You did get deleted for some shit you shouldn’t have said, per the conduct code. You stick to that and you’re all good here, brotha.