Walk on the Wild Side

Posted in Uncategorized by pawliekokonuts on September 12, 2012

I just heard a snippet of ESPN Radio’s Mike&Mike. (After about 47 seconds their morning verve is virtually unlistenable.) One of the coffee con brio Mikes was referring to a Jayson Stark (I like him, and not only for the favorable blurb he gave my book) piece declaring that this new Wild Card regime could result in a team playing in four cities in four days. I’ll take Mr. Stark at his stark word.

So, girls, do you like the new Wild Card scheme, with two teams doing a play-in game — and 101 other potentially exciting, or disastrous, configurations?

Who will be in those games? Who are your picks? And who moves on?

And while you are at it, when will the San Francisco Giants clinch the NL West? (My guess: September 23.)

1. Macdog said, on September 12, 2012 at 9:06 pm

Dodgers lose!

2. Salty said, on September 12, 2012 at 9:07 pm

The number is about to be 13.

3. Alleykat said, on September 12, 2012 at 9:09 pm

Giants 7 games up as.Doggy’s lose again 19 games left,Oh Yeah!!

4. PawlieKokonuts said, on September 12, 2012 at 9:09 pm

Has Romo always had The Shining smile? I’ve just noticed it the last four or five appearances.

• TedSpe said, on September 12, 2012 at 10:12 pm

hahahaha. I think he developed the “Here’s, Johnny” look after that he gave up his first HR. Brother stopped everyone before cold and then started giving up the long ball here and there.
      That’s when the weird look came in

5. snarkk said, on September 12, 2012 at 9:12 pm

Great win. Great series win.
    7 games up with 20 to play?
    There is no jinx in what I’m going to say, but the Giants would have to fuckin’ crater to lose this division now.
    (fingers crossed)…

6. PawlieKokonuts said, on September 12, 2012 at 9:12 pm

I never mind seeing the Rockies lose. Correct me if I’m wrong, but in ’93 and again in ’04, we needed them to beat our other contenders once, just once, and, no, they couldn’t do it, so fuckem. G’night, girls.

7. snarkk said, on September 12, 2012 at 9:15 pm

Manager of the Year for the Giants: Mattingly…

• TedSpe said, on September 12, 2012 at 9:38 pm

You really hate Bochy that much? You don’t think how he handled the pen knowing he had no offensive firepower and no true closer…you really think (and here I’m giving you the benefit of the doubt) that Donny Two-Times ineptness was the reason the Giants will win the West?
      Or are you just being contrarian?

• TedSpe said, on September 12, 2012 at 9:41 pm

Cuz I like you snarkk. But I hate contrarian

• snarkk said, on September 12, 2012 at 9:47 pm

What’s my moniker, Ted? ;)…

• TedSpe said, on September 12, 2012 at 9:50 pm

Good point.
        😉

• snarkk said, on September 12, 2012 at 9:53 pm

Ted, up above I said give Bochy or Melvin the MOY.
        IMO, Bochy’s job this year is better in the regular season than 2010. Way more adversity to deal with. Significantly worse pitching. Not much pop. He does have some speed to work with. We’ll see if he can spin gold in the playoffs again…

• TedSpe said, on September 12, 2012 at 10:06 pm

Well, you “implied” Bochy if one can read between the lines. Too subtle for my wee brain

8. Bozo said, on September 12, 2012 at 9:17 pm

9. snarkk said, on September 12, 2012 at 9:21 pm

Blade, don’t know if you’re out there, but howinhell do Rockies fans deal with this kind of crap night in, night out? Crazy baseball, and bad baseball. And 75 pitch counts for starters. Craaazy…

10. twinfan1 said, on September 12, 2012 at 9:33 pm

Well, I said they’d take it easily so blame me if they lose it.It’s a burden I can bear. LOL…

• Flavor said, on September 12, 2012 at 9:42 pm

You had your panties in a bunch about The Dodgers and their “big moves”. You also said we’d win easy. It’s nice when you straddle both sides of the fence, isn’t it?

• twinfan1 said, on September 12, 2012 at 9:53 pm

I said that Gonzlalez was an improvement on Loney and Ramirez on Uribe. Only had one position on how we’d do. Win easily…never indicated concern at all..

• twinfan1 said, on September 12, 2012 at 10:07 pm

Noting those two imporovements is hardly having my “panties in a bunch”. I never took two positions.

11. paulinasia said, on September 12, 2012 at 9:35 pm

Yeah, Giants would need to crater ala Atlanta and Boston last year.. but that’s not going to happen. Getting into the pea brain minds of the Dodgers, they’re likely thinking wildcard now, forget the division, and still likely needing that last weekend series against SF to get in. Giants will have clinched and can be bad-boy spoilers. The problem for LA even just thinking about the wildcard is, they still have to win games, which is proving difficult for them now. Breaks my heart.

12. snarkk said, on September 12, 2012 at 9:41 pm

Baggarly reports Giants season series at Coors they went 7-2, averaging 8.4 runs per game…

13. Alleykat said, on September 12, 2012 at 9:42 pm

Scutaro”The Ultimate Pro” 3 more clutch hits,2 more Ribbys,An amazing 30 RBIs,.since we picked him up( Oh btw Thanks Rockies) just a line drive machine
    Lots of hero’s tonight,Blanco,Crawford,Sanchez,Timmy gutting another one out,etc..Rest tomorrow and enjoy it, as Boch plans out that 19 pitchers game after they clinch the West!

14. snarkk said, on September 12, 2012 at 9:50 pm

IF, IF the Giants can keep up this kind of lead, and clinch with at least a handful of games to go, they could skip a start on their playoff starters and get those guys healed up, rested a little. That would be nice. Although a Dan Otero start might be a little brutal…

• TedSpe said, on September 12, 2012 at 10:14 pm

IF, IF….you are such a fucking snarkk

15. TedSpe said, on September 12, 2012 at 10:19 pm

Well, I’m taking my raggedly ass outta here.
    Giants–I’m calling it!!
    NLWest Champions!!
    No jinx. FACT
    Take care, lads, and drive safely and sober.
    Remember, the life you save may be that cute Cambodian barrista I’ve had my eye on for some time now.
    (yeah. good luck with that, old man)
    Gentlemen? I think not.

16. snarkk said, on September 12, 2012 at 10:21 pm

I’m envisioning a Giants vs. Orioles WS.
    The Orange and Black possibilities seem endless…

17. twinfan1 said, on September 12, 2012 at 10:33 pm

Next step is the Bums falling out of the WC race so Bochy doesn’t have to worry about doing rhe right thing…

• eddacker said, on September 13, 2012 at 2:23 am

Good point, last thing we need in the last games of the season.
      I would love to see a WS bay bridge , without earthquake, please

18. James said, on September 12, 2012 at 10:50 pm

The only suspense left in the 2012 season is the imminent collapse of the Dodger’s pitching and the tragedy that awaits their clubhouse: