CLINCH!

Posted in Uncategorized by twinfan1 on September 22, 2012

Well, I’m going to make this a little bit about me, me, me… In 2009….2010….2011… and now 2012… I didn’t think I’d be here for this. And you know, many fans waited their whole lives for the joy that 2010 brought us- and *weren’t* here for the moment. Baseball and how our team fares is a small thing in the grand scheme- but those small things are so much of why life is a beautiful thing. I’ve been lucky to have witnessed some of baseball’s memorable moments, as have many of you, and we’ve had the pleasure to come to know each other and share our love of this great game.  I was going to compare clinching days but none are alike, thankfully, they each write a new story for a new group of young men who, at the end of the day, perform a simple but wonderful thing- they make us happy….

Now do this, San Francisco Giants: make us even happier. Go get ’em…

1. PawlieKokonuts said, on September 22, 2012 at 10:04 pm

Very sweet meditation, Twin. Gratitude covers all sins. And I, for one, am grateful for being grateful. Go, 2012 Giants. Gangnam Style, whatever the heck THAT is.

2. Flavor said, on September 22, 2012 at 10:04 pm

That is a fucking fantastic picture and if it wasn’t 10:02pm i’d get up and turn that into the “0” magic number photo.
    Ah, tomorrow.
    And sleep well bitches, you don’t win a division easily or by accident….

3. tedspe said, on September 22, 2012 at 10:05 pm

Beautiful words, twin. Beautiful picture as well.
    Now, if you gentlemen (question mark) will excuse me I’m headed down to the local sports bar to watch a bunch of drunken, young band wagoners pretend to bask.
    I will have a beer and smugly watch these children. These very, very pampered Giants fans.
    Cynical? Perhaps. But I, as a veteran Giants fan, enjoy watching these priveleged little bastards pretend they’ve waited their “whole lives” for this.
    Peace and love and–good or bad–Giants forever

4. Bozo said, on September 22, 2012 at 10:16 pm

Cheers to that Twin. I toast your Clover with a clink from my Rum.
    Now off to bed for this tired ass clown.
    Happy Division Champs everyone.

5. twinfan1 said, on September 22, 2012 at 10:20 pm

Night all. Sweet baseball dreams…

6. willedav said, on September 22, 2012 at 10:21 pm

Hope Pagan and the boys are just starting in on bigger and better things.
    Every time I see him I’m reminded of one of the songs from (I think) B-V social club soundtrack, with the chorus:

A caballo vamos al monte
    A caballo vamos al monte

Hope you reach the top of the mountain, my friends.

7. Chico said, on September 22, 2012 at 10:41 pm

Hey Mike, Cheers my friend! Cheers to all you Giants fans on the Flap. It’s been a fun season with lots of ups and downs (more ups though), but good teams prevail at the end. Man, are we lucky to have Bochy on our side, who I think is one of the best managers in baseball, if not the best in the biz. Playoffs, here we come!

8. paulinasia said, on September 22, 2012 at 11:08 pm

Michael, we are all happy you are still here with us for this. Yes, it’s the small things, and baseball and its glories and division championships are certainly wonderfully colored and textured threads weaving through life’s tapestry. Just keep on weaving….

9. demp28 said, on September 22, 2012 at 11:14 pm

NL Western Division Champions!!!!!
    That never gets old.
    Congrats to our 2012 Giants. We have only begun.
    Now here’s a question: which 2012 Giants team was better? The one with Melky, or the one with Scutaro?

10. snarkk said, on September 22, 2012 at 11:41 pm

Congrats to the Giants on a great stretch drive and division win.
    I’ve been out all night on top of Mt. Diablo with the Snarkettes and friends, looking at the stars through some cool telescopes. Listening to the game on the Walkman as I looked at the M13 star cluster, I heard the clinching out hit to Pagan. I walked over and looked across the Bay from 3200 feet up, and could see the bright outline of ATT, glowing like the Ring Nebula. And more stars inside…

• eddacker said, on September 23, 2012 at 2:03 am

Is there any better place in the Bay?
      On top of Devils Mountain, watching Giants fans?

11. eddacker said, on September 23, 2012 at 2:01 am

UH? Yeah! We be together
    We be Giant!
    We be having some lesser days
    We be needing a few more wins.
    Fuck Me and Fuck any central, eastern wannabes
    We be Giants

12. Flavor said, on September 23, 2012 at 6:53 am

I still can’t get over what a great pic that is of Pagan and Panda. Love it.
    Loved the victory lap that the players did last night—
    Ted—“privileged little bastards” is the perfect description
    Snarkk, stopping to appreciate the moment–what a perfect spot to do so.

13. willedav said, on September 23, 2012 at 7:26 am

so, dodgers get to watch 2 teams celebrate division clinching wins yesterday, the first one right in their faces after Hanley with the game ending GIDP. If you watch this one, he hit a two hop grounder to 2b up the middle who flipped to SS who had his back to the mound and then spun around with an awkward looking pivot and throw to get Hanley out at 1b. Let’s just say Ramirez, now at an even .250, didn’t exactly look like usain bolt.
    The LA big four middle of the LU 2-15 with 5 Ks, zero runs or rbis, as they lost for 11th time in their last 16 and trail WC cards braves and surging brewers .
    Meanwhile Giants have romped home down the stretch and steamrolled their ass. SF still has legit shot at best record and has exploded since losing Melky. What a tale of two teams that shall hopefully light up blogosphere in next month, as one soars to new heights/one plunges to deeper depths.

14. Flavor said, on September 23, 2012 at 7:56 am

Just throwing out a little negativity on this otherwise glorious morning:
    I get that some guys will get some rest over the next 10 games but we are only 3 games behind the Reds right now.
    So I ask this with that consideration in mind….
    Yusmeiro Petit?

15. twinfan1 said, on September 23, 2012 at 8:28 am

Bochy said today and tomorrow are days he’ll rest regulars, then it’s back to work, “though Bochy said he obviously will not tax his starters and position players as much as he would if the Giants still needed to clinch a playoff spot.”

16. manny said, on September 23, 2012 at 8:53 am

I didn’t even know Petit was on the team until I checked the starting pitchers on mlb.com. I don’t take these Giant good times for granted having started rooting for them around 1965. I remember as a kid trying to figure out why they didn’t win the NL pennant more often with the great players they had back then. I figured I might go to my grave not knowing what having my team win the World Series, thankfully 2010 happened.

17. Salty said, on September 23, 2012 at 9:07 am

Well said, Twin.

If they win the best record, would they have to travel to Atl or Stl for the first two games? Not crazy about that.

• twinfan1 said, on September 23, 2012 at 9:33 am

Yes, they would. Thing is, Washington and Cincy are just 1/2 game apart. There are too many possible scenarios for Bochy to be concerned about who they face where. Getting his team ready in the best way he sees fit is his only concern, IMO.

• snarkk said, on September 23, 2012 at 12:09 pm

I’m down with that. Bochy will give guys needed rest, mixed in with enough work to keep them sharp. The starters and top Pen guys absolutely need to get some arm rest, for sure. They could pitch Gardy today for all I care…

18. blade3colorado said, on September 23, 2012 at 9:48 am

Pawlie and I connected via phone and discussed Bochy’s excellent bullpen/position player strategy; downfall of the Pirates; Giants clinching; and, what it would mean if the Giants went to another World Series again . . . For him, a trip out to the SF bay area again; and, for me, perhaps a 2nd trip out to the SF bay area (coupled with the one I am making this week). Damn, I would love to be forced to make that decision baseball Gods. Make it so . . . 🙂

• eddacker said, on September 23, 2012 at 10:01 am

Only when you admit your utter defeat, you bastard.
      Bask in the greatest team, die in FB

• blade3colorado said, on September 23, 2012 at 10:24 am

Keep dreaming bitch 🙂

• eddacker said, on September 23, 2012 at 10:49 am

you are the soupier team
        if only

• blade3colorado said, on September 23, 2012 at 10:53 am

Yes, my entire team eats soup.

• Flavor said, on September 23, 2012 at 10:58 am

British smack talk doesn’t quite cut the mustard when words like *soupier* start getting thrown out there. 🙂

• blade3colorado said, on September 23, 2012 at 11:03 am

Yeah, no idea if he was alluding to vegetable soup or “superior” with the Brit spelling. Regardless, this is fun my British friend. Just think “Revolutionary War,” because yer going down again limey. 🙂

19. twinfan1 said, on September 23, 2012 at 9:55 am

These two like each other..
    angel

20. PawlieKokonuts said, on September 23, 2012 at 9:56 am

This dawned on me, though it is now past dawn (it was after 2am when I put on my anti-sleep apnea bumper belt and succumbed to sweet dreams): in the San Francisco era, the giants have never entered the postseason with fresh memories of world Series victory. Ever. Don’t know how that affects anything. Just an observation. Still BASKING.

Nap time.

BTW, just love Snarkk’s POTD. Never been there. But sounds mystical.

• Flavor said, on September 23, 2012 at 10:03 am

*nap time* –that’s rad. Niner game for me.

21. eddacker said, on September 23, 2012 at 9:57 am

Into each life moments fall
    I was asleep during this game. But my love and understand remains!
    Woo Hoo to you my friend.

I feel there will be some standoffishness, tricky-ness, Bochy-ness, but let this team play.

love you man

22. PawlieKokonuts said, on September 23, 2012 at 9:59 am

One more thing, Columbo style: So touching to see BWheezy out there high-fiving the fans and hugging teammates. Loved that. Hope Freddy Sanchez — remember him? — was able to do the same. People on Twitter were making a big deal of Tim’s conspicuous absence. Anybody know anything?

23. ewisco said, on September 23, 2012 at 10:11 am

word on the merc site that lincecum was at home resting for his start and couldn’t get back because of the craziness outside the park.

24. SanDawg said, on September 23, 2012 at 10:13 am

Division Champs!
    I gotta give a huge tip of the cap to Flav, Willie, Twin and several others who didn’t blink an eye when the Dodgers pulled the trigger on the Gonzalez trade. I thought we were toast at that point, but you guys kept the faith and we did nothing but pull even further away from the pack. I’m still keeping an eye on LA re the Wild Card race and won’t rest easily until the wooden stake is fully driven through their heart, but it looks like that moment may be coming soon.

• Flavor said, on September 23, 2012 at 10:28 am

excellent reminder! HanRam has hit some bombs for them but he hasn’t hit one since Sept 3rd and he’s hitting about .250 for the Dodgers. A-Gone hitting ,245 for them. Victorino .225.
      You can’t just throw a bunch of dudes together in August and expect it to work. Baseball doesn’t work that way…….

25. Salty said, on September 23, 2012 at 10:25 am

49er’s look a little sluggish to start. Are they vulnerable going on the road after two big wins?

• Flavor said, on September 23, 2012 at 10:29 am

so far, it appears they are but Minnesota is playing really well. They looked bad against Indy last week. Look like a totally different team this week.

• snarkk said, on September 23, 2012 at 12:13 pm

Example 1A of why NFL is #1 followed sport. Literally, “on any given Sunday”, any team can win…

26. blade3colorado said, on September 23, 2012 at 11:10 am

Ed and I are exchanging Flap League smack talk and even though my Google Translator can’t translate half the smack he sends my way, I love him like a “brotha from another motha.”

🙂

27. tedspe said, on September 23, 2012 at 11:15 am

Flav’s September 20th thread, which I good naturally kidded, actually holds a little more weight with me now that the Giants finally clinched. Re-read it, Flappers. It was almost prophetic emotionally. This year, the only geezer (in baseball years) hero has been Scutaro. Everyone else are just kids. Cain has been, is and will be a no brainer leader but as much as I’ve always liked Posey, I’m frankly happily surprised by the role he took this year. I just hope this is a sign of what we are to expect for his entire tenure here. My gut told me he’d be a .300 avg/20 HR/90 RBI guy and he’s certainly exceeded those respectable numbers in 2012.
    Louis, this could be the beginning of a beautiful friendship

• willedav said, on September 23, 2012 at 11:33 am

good one ted…”Major strasser has been shot. round up the usual suspects!”

28. willedav said, on September 23, 2012 at 11:31 am

Meanwhile, just watched andrew luck throw his second TD pass of first half as he led team downfield last two minutes for another score, all through the air. They put anything around this guy that resembles a real team, look out.

29. twinfan1 said, on September 23, 2012 at 11:42 am

That was just awful play calling- and Frank whiffed a block.

30. Irish Kevin said, on September 23, 2012 at 12:01 pm

A little late with my comments, but here goes. I don’t look at the dudes privledged little bastards, maybe it is because I have one. For me I am glad my son has got to see the Giants win a WS. The look on his face when they won was sheer joy for me, and his whoop whoop was just plain great. He was only 20 in 2010. So this year for him to experience the bar crowd for the first time will be great for him. And he does know the agony of defeat, he was 12 in 2002! And he has yet to see the Niners win a SB. So no not privilege little bastards, just luckier than me!

31. ewisco said, on September 23, 2012 at 12:05 pm

from csn bay area:

1. Gregor Blanco (L) CF
    2. Ryan Theriot (R) 2B
    3. Joaquin Arias (R) 3B
    4. Xavier Nady (R) LF
    5. Brett Pill (R) 1B
    6. Francisco Peguero (R) RF
    7. Eli Whiteside (R) C
    8. Emmanuel Burriss (S) SS
    9. Yusmeiro Petit (R) P

• snarkk said, on September 23, 2012 at 12:15 pm

After a division clinching night win, that LU looks like the ’27 Yanks to me…

• Salty said, on September 23, 2012 at 12:17 pm

A preview of exhibition baseball 2013

32. ewisco said, on September 23, 2012 at 12:45 pm

vern and vera are delighted. extra cobbler for everyone.

33. twinfan1 said, on September 23, 2012 at 12:57 pm

Nice to know Harbaugh didn’t care if the 49ers won today…maybe he got confused and thought they clinched. And Fangio’s plan was awfful. They had a 2nd year QB eager to throw INTs and they didn’t go after him..

• Flavor said, on September 23, 2012 at 1:58 pm

Agreed. Terrible game plan on both sides of the ball

34. Salty said, on September 23, 2012 at 1:05 pm

Singletary brings out the worst in the 49er’s, even when he’s on the other sideline.

35. twinfan1 said, on September 23, 2012 at 1:10 pm

OMG, Alex threw a pick. Can’t we get it overturned because of, uh, well, how about icing the puck ?

36. tedspe said, on September 23, 2012 at 3:14 pm

I like how Bochy is using the Italian restaurant owner lineup today:
    “Every-a-buddy that-a got us a-here gets-a the day off-a. We look-a at the stats-a tomorrow”

37. PawlieKokonuts said, on September 23, 2012 at 4:18 pm

Well, my pick of clinching on 9/23 was off by a few minutes, because I think the game last night ended just shy of midnight in the East. Did anybody pick 9/22? If no one predicted 9/22, these boys exceeded our most optimistic forecast, which sounds suspiciously like marketing-corporate-lingo bullshit.

• Bozo said, on September 23, 2012 at 6:57 pm

” these boys exceeded our most optimistic forecast,which sounds suspiciously like marketing-corporate-lingo bullshit.”

Is that similar to picking the low hanging fruit? A saying that used to drive me nuts in meetings.

38. zumiee said, on September 23, 2012 at 4:27 pm

This phrase from TF: “I was going to compare clinching days but none are alike”…..
    “My” clinching day yesterday was a little different; I was at the Wilco concert at the Berkeley Greek Theatre last night, so my experience of the game was hearing the pre-game stuff on the radio, getting parked, walking a few blocks to the Theatre, standing in line, “watching” the game on a cellphone MLB.com gamecast, going into the Theatre, watching the gamecast some more, putting the phone away for the opening act (I will not use a cellphone during anybody’s show, even an opening act, who happened to be Jonathan Richman, whose set was either brilliant or awful (I haven’t decided yet), and then after his set, watching the gamecast some more, as Casilla came into pitch, and being reminded that the last time I watched some gamecast at a Berkeley show was before the Avett Brothers show, when Casilla came in and blew a save against the A’s as part of Casilla’s horrible week that cost him the closer job (pre-committee days), and then last night turning off the phone for the awesome Wilco show. Great, great show. And after the show, turning on the phone and finding out that the Giants had clinched. On the drive home, listening to post-game basking on the radio, and then hearing the start of the KNBR late-night replay, and then later on eventually watching some of the game on TV, recorded on the DVR.
    Now, the next big baseball event in our household will be the Braves clinching a playoff spot.

• Wilcojoe said, on September 23, 2012 at 6:04 pm

Very envious of you Zum…Just saw the setlist from last nights show….Not sure I have seen “say you miss me” live…Saw they opened with ” one sunday morning” which might be their best song yet….havent seen that one live yet either, as the left it off their show in Austin.

• zumiee said, on September 23, 2012 at 6:26 pm

Everything sounded great and compelling, they are at the top of their game in all aspects- songwriting, recordings, concert performance; no doubt they are the best rock band in the U.S., and a reasonable case could be made they are the best band in the world at the moment. Certainly U2 has a strong case, but U2’s last few albums are not as good as Wilco’s latest albums. There isn’t a better songwriter on the planet right now than Jeff Tweedy.

39. PawlieKokonuts said, on September 23, 2012 at 4:29 pm

C’mon, big finish here, The Riot.

40. zumiee said, on September 23, 2012 at 4:31 pm

I’m glad Huff has gotten some pinch-hits, and today in particular, got a huge ovation. It’s a nice way for Huff to close out his experience with the Giants. The vast majority of Giants fans will ultimately remember him for 2010 only, and it will be with very positive memories.

41. zumiee said, on September 23, 2012 at 5:40 pm

If you’re the Giants, do you even want the better season record in that first-round series? Of all the teams, it seems to me that the fluke of the schedule most favors the Giants in that situation, if they have the lesser record, having the first two games at AT&T, with a chance to turn the tables on ’97.
    So, I’m amongst those that aren’t that concerned about the season record from here on out, other than, obviously, the Giants want to play well to maintain momentum going into the playoffs.

42. twinfan1 said, on September 23, 2012 at 6:02 pm

I haven’t checked, but didn’t it seem that the magic number went down by at least one every day over the last couple weeks? I can’t remember a day where we lost and the Dodgers won over those last two weeks or so. This was truly an execution— so whoever said it- I think The Assassins should stick
    ass

43. twinfan1 said, on September 23, 2012 at 6:26 pm

Sorry for a foray into poltics- buit if interviewers like Steve Kroft on 60 minutes don’t challange the outrageous lie that Obama “stole from” or “raided” Medicare, the lie will be bought by the ignorant.

• zumiee said, on September 23, 2012 at 6:38 pm

Do you watch Stewart’s Daily Show? A few days ago he had a classic bit about Fox News and the GOP called “Bullsh#t Mountain.”
      But we basically expect that from Fox “News.” It’s really sad that the mainstream media is so weak. Sarah Palin was actually right, that it is the “lame-stream” media, but not for the reasons that she thinks. It’s the lame-stream media, because it is simply so LAME, period.
      I watch some of the MSNBC shows, but it’s basically preaching to the choir.
      I don’t get “undecided” voters. Bill Maher hammered undecided voters this week pretty well, on his show.

• snarkk said, on September 23, 2012 at 7:02 pm

I always hammer the undecided voters, in the ether anyway. If you’re still undecided about the presidential race, you’re an idiot, or not paying attention. Romney’s only been running for 6+ years, and Obama has been president now for over 3 1/2 years. What more information will make you “decided”? The so called “debates” upcoming are no more than sound bites fitted as answers to usually lame questions. If one of them picks their nose on camera, maybe that will decide it for somebody…

• snarkk said, on September 23, 2012 at 7:07 pm

And, as for Medicare voucherization, I can hardly wait for the fed gov’t to directly hand over money (via voucher) to all the health insurance companies to take care of the elderly. Those companies are lying, thieving bastards when it comes to servicing fairly healthy, younger people who have a chance to fight the usual denial of claims, delay of payments, and other outrages frequently put upon us. When it comes to servicing the elderly who haven’t the energy or smarts to fight back against these companies, they will be laughing all the way to even higher outrageous profits if vouchers come to pass…

• twinfan1 said, on September 23, 2012 at 7:11 pm

I also watch MSNBC, but like you say, it’s for those who already agree. I try to watch Fox just to see what they’re up to, but it literally makes me ill. I don’t watch Stewart much, I should, and I love Colbert. But this 700 billion dollar lie is among the most outrageous I’ve ever seen in a campaign and even though every fact check has exposed it- it’s repeated over and over- and it’s up to the media to counter the lie every time it’s raised. Kroft should hang his head in shame.

• twinfan1 said, on September 23, 2012 at 7:39 pm

To expand on the Kroft interview tonight, Kroft only noted that Ryan’s plan also took 700 billion + from Medicare- and that’s not even close to addressing the essence of the lie. It’s TRUE that Obama takes the 700 billion- from over payments to hospitals and drug companies, fraud, waste, and abuse. It makes zero cuts to benefits and in fact increaases them.-and extends solvency by 8 years.The Ryan/Romney plan takes the 700 billion and does not provide health services for anybody. There’s a lot more to this outrage- for another time. And another forum..

• zumiee said, on September 23, 2012 at 7:52 pm

Nate Silver, at his 538 blog, is an interesting dude. He came from a background of baseball Sabremetrics. He wanted to take some of things he learned from that and apply it to political projections. He did very well with his blog in ’04 and ’08. I check his site daily.
        Another of the big flaws of the media is always talking about the general election polls, and rarely about the Electoral College, which is how the race is actually decided. The polls for the general election are usually always closer than the Electoral College polls. The race is not as close in the Electoral College. In fact, at the moment, Romney is in a lot of trouble, and needs some kind of major game-change with the debates. But it’s hard to imagine the awkward wooden Romney outdoing Obama in the debates.

• Flavor said, on September 23, 2012 at 8:00 pm

I watched *BS Mountain* today at a buddy’s house. Classic and sad at the same time. Also, watched him interviewed Clinton after his speech at the DNC and it was riveting.

• zumiee said, on September 23, 2012 at 8:00 pm

One of Nate’s frustrations was that political shows weren’t as good as say….ESPN. Nate looked at it like…. sports fans wouldn’t put up with the baseless crap that gets served up in political shows. Sports fans want facts, data, stats, and generally trustworthy stuff. Obviously, crap does get served up at ESPN, too, but ESPN now has competition from the MLB, NFL, and NBA networks, who are all finding their stride. MLB has it going pretty well. The NFL network is getting there. The NBA network still seems to lag a bit. Its studio shows are strangely static and dull.

• twinfan1 said, on September 23, 2012 at 8:13 pm

I went to one of those motivational seminars a few years back-Bill Clinton was one of the speakers. The event was at the Cow Palace and what blew me away about Clinton was his preparation- he boned up on the Cow Palace to where I’d bet he knew more about it and it’s history than any San Francisco native. he didn’t mail in even a minor speech to some low level stock trade wannabees..

44. zumiee said, on September 23, 2012 at 8:09 pm

Fox News is frantically trying to save the Romney/Ryan campaign. The next 45 days will have much fodder for the Stewart and Colbert shows.
    Beyond the politics, those two shows are laugh-outloud funny.

45. zumiee said, on September 23, 2012 at 8:12 pm

I have no idea what the records are over the years, but do the Ravens ever beat the Pratriots? It seems like never.

• zumiee said, on September 23, 2012 at 8:56 pm

OK, they got ‘er done. It was a close one. (grin)

46. twinfan1 said, on September 23, 2012 at 9:10 pm

These poor refs are so much equal opportunity bad that it becomes impossible to know which team gets screwed more- I’m not referring to this game, but all of them. It’s not their fault of course- it’s time for intervention. There must be several games already where the outcome was decided by the officiating…

47. tedspe said, on September 23, 2012 at 10:05 pm

DAYUM!!!!
    Giants clinch the West and Flappers get lazy. Talking all politics or Niners and shit or nothing at all.
    But– ‘sall good. I guess you guys need a day off as much as the rest of the team.
    Just saw an ad for House of Prime Rib on CSNBA.
    Love that place. I actually chose my apartment based on the general vicinity of the neighborhoodishment of the proximility of the areal vocation of the…

Okay I live two blocks away
    HELLOOOOOOOOO

• twinfan1 said, on September 23, 2012 at 11:01 pm

Goodnight, Ted. Goodnight all. House of Prime Rib? Great spot. I want some…

48. tedspe said, on September 23, 2012 at 10:50 pm

And on that note–goodnight, gentlemen (?)

49. eddacker said, on September 24, 2012 at 12:47 am

NEVER! Letting Ted get the last word, it is early here, the anniversary of a terrible day in football (96 fans who died at Hillsborough), so I need to keep smiling and waving my arms over my head. I may be the only one here, but I am a celebratory one.
    The Giants win the West!
    WOO HOO!!

50. Flavor said, on September 24, 2012 at 6:25 am

in case any of you missed this Jon Stewart spot. It’s classic.

51. willedav said, on September 24, 2012 at 7:26 am

It’s becoming pretty obvious that the NFL replacement guys are just in way over their heads. The speed of the game and the players is just way too much for them, esp when it is combined with the incredible complexity of current NFL rules. They have a very difficult job for which they are completely unprepared. Even the regular season guys who are vets at it screw stuff up all the time; the Ref Jeff Triplett is a comedy routine waiting to happen. Plummer used to rag on this guy, who was always changing calls and explanations, all the time.
    When there is as much money involved as the NFL has to play with they wind up looking like a bunch of cheapskates where officiating is concerned. Pls, make some sort of face saving deal and get the current guys back to whatever level they came from, and stop cheapening the product on the field.