A Place To Talk About Giants Baseball

Citizen Cain

Posted in Uncategorized by tedspe on October 11, 2012

What a confidence building game yesterday.

Not for the Giants, for me.

I’ll keep this fairly short. The only minor complaint was Zito. Man, 2 and 2/3 innings??!! Not a surprise just a complaint. And *still* the Giants keep up the uncanny “Zito Win Streak” (cue the TWILIGHT ZONE theme).

And did I does or does I didn’t ask youse all to stop talking smack about Lincecum? I believe I does. Just as I earlier asked ya’ll SHHAADDUPP!!! On Pablo Sandoval!!!

And what’s with Pagan? I mean, I always liked him but he sure flexes his All-Star plays in a timely manner. Who the fuck does he think he is? A more talented Cody Ross? And the whole offense after 3 games. Looks like the ex-lax finally kicked in. I’m not sure giving Posey the proverbial 1st base “day off” did anyone any good but at least it didn’t backfire.

Now–Men and ferrett– all this stuff you’ve heard about Giants not wanting to fight, wanting to stay out of the further post season, is a lot of horse dung. Giants traditionally love to fight. All real Giants love the sting of battle. When you were kids, you all admired the champion marble shooter, the fastest runner, big league ball players, the toughest boxers. Giants fans love a winner and will only reluctantly tolerate a loser. The Giants play to win all the time. I wouldn’t give a hoot in hell for a man who lost and laughed. That’s why The Giants have never really lost, and will never really lose a playoff series… because the very thought of losing is hateful to The Giants!!!!

Not saying it *can’t* happen cuz baseball is baseball. But the never say never attitude is so prevelant–it practically reeks.

That’s right, reeks…reeks? Wait a minute. I think I’m melting cheese in the oven. Hold on….

Okay, breakfast is ready. Anyway–CAIN vs. Lactose Intolerant

Flappers. Giants. All the way!!!

SEMPER FAI, MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!! HOOO-WAHHHHH!!!!

1. unca_chuck said, on October 11, 2012 at 9:05 pm

O;s up by one, bottom of the 13th

2. PawlieKokonuts said, on October 11, 2012 at 9:09 pm

Orioles win. Have all the ALDS and NLDS series ever all gone to five games????

3. tedspe said, on October 11, 2012 at 9:32 pm

Looking for an angle for another book? 😉

4. tedspe said, on October 11, 2012 at 9:35 pm

I noticed none of you mofos gave me any credit for paraphrasing General Patton this morning in my thread post that, at least to me was obvious, was the nucleus and the entire reason Giants are in the NLCS.
    For shame, gentlemen, for shame

• blade3colorado said, on October 11, 2012 at 9:40 pm

Snarkk did. Stop your groveling . . . It’s unbecoming of a great actor like yourself. 🙂

• tedspe said, on October 11, 2012 at 9:44 pm

Okay. I’ll stop groveling. Sorry. But…

NOW IS THE WINTER OF OUR DISCONTENT MADE GLORIOUS SUMMER BY THIS SON OF YORK, AND ALL THE…
      oops.

Sorry

• zumiee said, on October 11, 2012 at 9:48 pm

The A’s magic runneth out tonight. They had a heck of a season. Last night’s A’s game was a thrilling finish.

• blade3colorado said, on October 11, 2012 at 9:49 pm

Richard III . . . Act 1, Scene 1.

• tedspe said, on October 11, 2012 at 9:51 pm

blade, you never cease to amaze me.

• twinfan1 said, on October 11, 2012 at 9:55 pm

I was happy to see the A’s in, even happier to see them out. BTW, I’ve seen very little appreciation for Ibanez and his incredible night. Yankees or not, that was awesome- as was the call to PH for A-Rod.

• twinfan1 said, on October 11, 2012 at 9:51 pm

Well, I used LeMay. You inspired me. Wonder who’s heard of LeMay? No googling.

• blade3colorado said, on October 11, 2012 at 9:53 pm

Easy . . . He was the VP selection of big ears (Perot), right?

• blade3colorado said, on October 11, 2012 at 9:56 pm

Correcto amundo . . . maybe Wallace.

• twinfan1 said, on October 11, 2012 at 9:59 pm

Well, you’re old, too.;-) We’ve got people who never heard of Ben Gazzara, ferchrissakes.

• twinfan1 said, on October 11, 2012 at 10:03 pm

Good one, Steve. One of the benchmarks of successful googling is the intentional but occasional error 😉

• blade3colorado said, on October 11, 2012 at 10:03 pm

Yeah, old age is a bitch as my dog, Shasta, your dog Zeke, you, and I all know.

• blade3colorado said, on October 11, 2012 at 10:14 pm

LOL . . . I swear that I didn’t google Lemay . . . Only after I thought I had fucked up. By the by, who did Big Ears Perot select as his VP? I know it was some military dude that I seem to recall could barely answer the questions about his name, rank and serial number. Fucker stands out as being almost senile.

• zumiee said, on October 11, 2012 at 10:16 pm

John Stockdale. (I didn’t google it. I mostly remember it from an SNL sketch with Dana Carvey.)

5. blade3colorado said, on October 11, 2012 at 9:57 pm

Well Ted, I fucked up initially on Mike’s question . . . I should have known that one.

• tedspe said, on October 11, 2012 at 10:04 pm

I’ll never forgive you.
      NEVER!!!!!

6. blade3colorado said, on October 11, 2012 at 10:01 pm

Great, Alex is now a glorified utility player with 5 more years on that $275 million dollar 10 year contract extension. Hilarious.

7. unca_chuck said, on October 11, 2012 at 10:03 pm

I don’;t know who LeMay is, but I know who Lee May is

• zumiee said, on October 11, 2012 at 10:08 pm

And then there’s Lemmy….

• blade3colorado said, on October 11, 2012 at 10:10 pm

That really struck me funny Chuck . . . Both Curtis Lemay (Vietnam War and VP candidate in ’68) and Lee May (MLB player from 65-82) are essentially contemporaries, so theoretically, you should be familiar with both, yet you aren’t . . . For whatever reason, I don’t feel as old now, just smarter.

Just kidding 🙂

• unca_chuck said, on October 11, 2012 at 10:56 pm

Hah! Fuck you, Blade ! ! !

Yer just jealous I’m not as old as you. (’72 (I was 11) was the first pres. election I was really aware of)

And . . . . . LEMMIE IS GOD ! ! ! ! !

Funny thing is, no one remembers him for the work he did with Hawkwind. One of the original space rock bands. Had their epically weird album Doremi Fasol Latido.

• blade3colorado said, on October 12, 2012 at 8:30 am

Who loves ya Chuck? Only me and your dog. 🙂

8. zumiee said, on October 11, 2012 at 10:14 pm

Nolan Ryan was like a scene from “Airplane”…..”Josh Hamilton picked a bad time to give up chewing tobacco.”

9. chipower9 said, on October 11, 2012 at 10:15 pm

It was a wild ride today. I am almost happy that I had to work, as it forced me to catch the entire game on radio, and to hear our announcers (Craig mentioned the beauty of this, earlier). And it was so fucking cool to share it will all of you throughout the entire game, as we all watched and listened from different places and spaces (Paul in Asia, Edd in the UK, John on the right coast…). It was as tense as any Giant game I can remember. The Bruce AB…all 8 minutes plus off it was BRUTAL…until he finally flied out.

I am so impressed with this team. They have grit. They have heart. They ARE the epitome of TEAM!

And I want to thank Craig (as I have on numerous occasions) for giving us this blog. It is so fucking cool…beyond words cool, to have this place to share Giants baseball with the best fucking fans in the world.

As Paulie said earlier, and I feel it too…

I love you guys!

Been thinking about who I want the Giants to see in the NLCS. I want the Cards. Two reasons. First is it gives our boys four at home (and I had to think about this, as we won every series in 2010 on the road, and have played great on the road this year), and second, I want fucking redemption for 1987. They took us in that NLCS…I want to pay their sorry fucking asses back BIG TIME.

What a great day. Sigh…

It is a GREAT DAY to be a San Francisco Giant fan!

• zumiee said, on October 11, 2012 at 10:19 pm

And kudos to you, Chi. You were the Hunter Pence of the blog this week, giving inspirational speeches, willing the team on to victory, and letting us all know daily that THIS SERIES WAS NOT OVER!

• chipower9 said, on October 11, 2012 at 10:27 pm

Thanks, Zume – but I wasn’t alone…I had a lot of company right here on the blog. It is a great thing our team did, and it is absolutely awesome to share this time and experience with all of you on the Flap.

I’m with Steve I’m out. Catch ya all on the flip side.

10. blade3colorado said, on October 11, 2012 at 10:22 pm

Yeah, it was a great day to be a Giants fan . . . Not so much a Reds fan, huh? HAHAHAHAHAHA! OK compadres, I’m outta here. Good night and see ya all on the flip side of the flap.

11. twinfan1 said, on October 11, 2012 at 10:36 pm

The series showed the folly of premature dooming. and ridiculous questioning of Bochy’s pen management.

12. tedspe said, on October 11, 2012 at 10:40 pm

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    I’M SO FUCKING LOVING BASEBALL RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(ahem).
    Uhm…sorry for that.

13. twinfan1 said, on October 11, 2012 at 10:58 pm

There’s just one motherfucking MVP here and it’s the guy who feeds everybody, Ask any dog. Night all.

• ferrethead said, on October 11, 2012 at 11:06 pm

With cats, you’re simply the utility guy who also cleans up the litter box…

14. Macdog said, on October 11, 2012 at 11:33 pm

I’m just relieved that Flav didn’t run through a third-story window after Buster’s grand slam.

15. tedspe said, on October 11, 2012 at 11:34 pm

16. tedspe said, on October 11, 2012 at 11:38 pm

Shall we take a day off?
    BULLSHIT!!!
    I’m ready now. Bring ’em on. All of dem bums!!!(oops. Forgot. Dem bums didn’t make the post season)
    (hehe-hehe)
    Goodnight, gentlemen (question mark)

17. eddacker said, on October 11, 2012 at 11:51 pm

Two flaps down for NLDS 2012, the beauty, the spirit, the unbelievable, done.
    I know a lot of us knew this team has fight.
    What a game, what a blog, what a group of fans, what a win.
    we scored we won