A Place To Talk About Giants Baseball

One. More. Win.

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on October 28, 2012

Two years ago, in this same spot, I was a blubbery mess. Here’s what I wrote the day we won the world series in 2010:

“I woke up this morning, rolled out of bed and noticed something unusual:

I was at the top of Mount Everest. I took off my goggles, looked around….It’s the biggest world I’ve ever seen. I would worry about sun blindness except for the fact that all the light is radiating from me, not towards me. So I’m just sitting here, quietly, writing the words that you’re reading now, atop this goddamn mountain. As a  Giants fan, I’ve been Sisyphus. And yet this morning, here I sit next to my boulder at the top of Mount Everest, unsure of what to do next. If any of you have any ideas, I’d love to hear them……..”

This year, I’m feeling none of that. There’s no mountain or sun blindness or metro-sexual *Sisyphus* references. There is just me making my coffee in the dark this morning and mumbling to myself about how freaking easy it is to beat this fat Detroit team.

And maybe this year I’ve just got too much perspective for my own good. I find myself focusing less on this impending accomplishment and more on my anger towards the national media. I’m not going to mention any names because it would be an indirect acknowledgment of their human existence and since I don’t think they deserve that I’m not going to go there. I have tweeted out my displeasure recently for at least one internet-media-whore.

I know why no one ever gives the Giants any credit. It’s for 2 key reasons.

1) Barry Bonds. There are countless writers and media people who will never let Barry Bonds stop them from carrying a personal bias against San Francisco. And they continue to punish the current team for their feelings about Barry Bonds. That makes no sense.

2) The Giants don’t have a bunch of players with standout saberstats. No one loves new numbers more than me. But the saber-stat world is not immune to a pendulum swing and that’s where we are right now. We’ve got lots of math-guys trying to force us into buying into every saber-stat out there. Go read articles at fangraphs for an hour and you’ll see countless examples of it. You feel stupid if you don’t just shrug and go, “Yeah boy, that x-FIP number really jumps out at you. That pitcher is SOOOOO much worse than his 15 wins were this year.”

Except for the fact that an xFIP number, just like almost every saber stat, has nothing to do with how many wins your team actually gets or how your team actually plays together. Saber-stats are good for one thing: possibly identifying a player who is either more or less valuable than the general population thinks he is based off the obvious stats that casual fans know about–HR’s, RBI’s, wins, ERA, stuff like that. This is very important in fantasy baseball and can make or break your season based on decisions you make to add/drop/trade/keep certain players. But in the real baseball world, saber-stats aren’t as important as wins or how a player will perform on a given day. The Giants don’t have too many fantasy studs on their team. And this concludes my second point for why the Giants so consistently get shit on by the national media.

The Chronicle published an article by Al Saracevic, who I suppose must be a writer in Detroit. It was a brilliant article that I read twice and it covers perfectly why we won last night, why we have won this post season and why we will be winning the 2012 world series. Here it is:

And you don’t need a calculator to figure out how the Giants are doing this. Just use your eyes. Momentum, confidence, cohesiveness, karma and a team performing successfully under pressure are the main reasons we are on the cusp of this great accomplishment.

I missed the parade in 2010.

I will not miss it this year.

1. chipower9 said, on October 28, 2012 at 9:05 pm

I woulda died happy with ONE, boys…TWO in three years! Fuck Yeah!

• blade3colorado said, on October 28, 2012 at 9:08 pm

Me too. Now? I WANT MORE. HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!! 🙂

2. wswin said, on October 28, 2012 at 9:06 pm

OUTSTANDING!!!!!!! WHAT A FEELING

3. Macdog said, on October 28, 2012 at 9:11 pm

MVPanda!

4. zumiee said, on October 28, 2012 at 9:12 pm

At some point in our past, we all chose to be Giants fans. We chose very well. All the years of adversity were leading up to this era of excellence and glory. 2 championships in the last 3 years. Incredible.
    Congrats to the Giants and the fans. And congrats to all the Flappers. You all are an awesome group of fans, intelligent and interesting, passionate and intense, and bringing your A-game every day to this blog.

• blade3colorado said, on October 28, 2012 at 9:13 pm

Feel the same Zum!

• eddacker said, on October 28, 2012 at 9:14 pm

thanks, zumiee, but I would have never know you if not for the Giants
      😎

• chipower9 said, on October 28, 2012 at 9:21 pm

Same to you Zumie. I mean this from my heart…I love all you guys on this blog like family…you feel like family. Most awesome group of fans for the most awesome team!

5. eddacker said, on October 28, 2012 at 9:12 pm

had to be 3 homers gets you a vette

6. twinfan1 said, on October 28, 2012 at 9:12 pm

Of course it’s Sandoval….
    But what a great game to win it- so many contributers tonight.

• twinfan1 said, on October 28, 2012 at 9:19 pm

Hell, the way that wind was blowing, Pagan’s catch might might have been play of the night. Don’t know that I’ve seen a guy fight it so hard. He was determined. But Scooter, Posey, Pence, Belt, Crawford, Theriot, Cain, Affeldt, Romo- a heck of a lot of contributers for a 4-3 game.

• eddacker said, on October 28, 2012 at 9:21 pm

yep, no let-down for this game, even giving them 2 homers we still stayed within ourselves and played Giants baseball for the win.

7. blade3colorado said, on October 28, 2012 at 9:12 pm

Pablo: Hey, put the fucking top up dude. You’re getting my interior wet bandejo.

8. PawlieKokonuts said, on October 28, 2012 at 9:13 pm

I’m sorry I’ll miss the parade but not sorry I burned the cash on game 1. Deo gratias ad infinitum.

• chipower9 said, on October 28, 2012 at 9:22 pm

So happy for you Pawlie to have those memories. I wish I could have made it down that day to meet you. One day we will meet…

• PawlieKokonuts said, on October 28, 2012 at 9:39 pm

Yes, it’s like Posey said in ’10: why not more?

9. PawlieKokonuts said, on October 28, 2012 at 9:14 pm

Pablo is so subdued it is even more moving. I’m choked up.

10. Salty said, on October 28, 2012 at 9:15 pm

Didn’t think it was possible, but it feels just as sweet the 2nd time.
    Bring everyone back for another one next year!

11. zumiee said, on October 28, 2012 at 9:15 pm

Those championship t-shirts are sweet, and I’m gonna get one.

• eddacker said, on October 28, 2012 at 9:16 pm

I got one after the NLCS, guess I could go again.

12. PawlieKokonuts said, on October 28, 2012 at 9:16 pm

I’m in love. with destiny. With fate. With reality. With the Giants.

13. SanDawg said, on October 28, 2012 at 9:16 pm

Congrats Flappers! 2 rings in 3 years!!

14. PawlieKokonuts said, on October 28, 2012 at 9:17 pm

Giants keep saying they are “blessed.” They are. We are. A waterfall of blessings. A TEAM. Heart. Soul.

15. eddacker said, on October 28, 2012 at 9:18 pm

154 days until opening day.
    I will be basking every one of them

• zumiee said, on October 28, 2012 at 9:22 pm

• chipower9 said, on October 28, 2012 at 9:24 pm

Fuck yeah, Edd…you and me both, brother!

16. Bozo said, on October 28, 2012 at 9:19 pm

OK, I’ve done dial a shots. Flav introduced me to skype a shot. Anyone want to do a blog a shot?

17. Macdog said, on October 28, 2012 at 9:19 pm

Hey Pawlie, hopefully they’ll bring that beautiful trophy back to NYC this winter.

18. twinfan1 said, on October 28, 2012 at 9:21 pm

Leyland is pure class.

19. zumiee said, on October 28, 2012 at 9:21 pm

Congrats to the Panda for the MVP! He set the tone from the get-go that the Giants could beat Verlander and the Tigers.
    The NL brand of baseball proves to be superior to the AL 4 out of the last 5 years.
    Hey national media, keep doubting the Giants every time. Being the underdogs each time works just fine for us.

20. PawlieKokonuts said, on October 28, 2012 at 9:22 pm

I’m not gonna lie. When were down 0-2 to Cincy, I was glum and doomy. I was. This is infinitely different from 2010. But infinitely sweet. I did not want to have the Tigers start making some kind of history. Leyland giving good props to the Giants. Said it was no fluke.

• chipower9 said, on October 28, 2012 at 9:27 pm

This year’s squad is more special to me than 2010. Because of the way they did it with all the adversity. Pablo injured twice, Melky’s shenanigans, etc. etc. Awesome!

21. PawlieKokonuts said, on October 28, 2012 at 9:23 pm

We got to the heavyweight fight and got beat. – Leyland

22. ewisco said, on October 28, 2012 at 9:23 pm

always hard to come up with actual, you know, words. but after celebrating with the boys, and the mrs. it comes back to you all. congratulations to the giants. congratulations to us, the fans. proud to be a flapper.

• chipower9 said, on October 28, 2012 at 9:29 pm

SO PROUD to be a Flapper. Thank you Flavor, wherever you are for making this a reality. You guys are awesome! Having this blog, and you all to share the experiences of the Giants with is great!

23. blade3colorado said, on October 28, 2012 at 9:24 pm

Watching Leyland being interviewed. He is a good man, quite humble and deserves our respect. In the interview, he didn’t make excuses and gave the Giants credit for what they accomplished.

• snarkk said, on October 28, 2012 at 9:30 pm

I’ll second that…

24. eddacker said, on October 28, 2012 at 9:26 pm

Pence and Scutaro how much did they have to do with this postseason?
    whata team, whata win, whata bask

25. Macdog said, on October 28, 2012 at 9:27 pm

Hey, even Buck sounded good just now.

• zumiee said, on October 28, 2012 at 9:30 pm

Yeah, that overview of the Giants’ season was well done by the Fox crew.
      And I’m a big Who fan, so I’m diggin’ all the Who music they used all week.

26. PawlieKokonuts said, on October 28, 2012 at 9:28 pm

How about Theriot when he scored? Karros: “The best definition of team in baseball.” AJ P.: “Once a Giant, always a Giant. I know we had our differences. Congratulations.”

27. stixwiz said, on October 28, 2012 at 9:28 pm

Several minutes ago an incredibly fast moving object was briefly tracked by radar scopes bearing WSW from Sweep City. Knowledgeable observers have surmised that it is indeed Broomhilda tracking from the scene where her boys and their Halloween Machine responded perfectly to her smallball blessings. She appears to be making a beeline for a well-known bay on the West Coast of the continent.

Broomhilda will appear in full-drag as one of the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence, but with one alteration to the habit. Instead of Black and White, her colors will be readily identifiable as Black and Orange, a more seasonal look and fully calculated for one Helluva party she is expected to hold an undisclosed location in the near vicinity of China Basin.

Keep your eyes to the skies, gang. Following Broomhilda’s flight a slower-moving flying craft will track a similar flight-pattern and the occupants are expected to make various public appearances to “Hallelujahs and Hosannas”. As is her wont, Broomhilda will be present, though that presence will only be known to the cognizant.

• chipower9 said, on October 28, 2012 at 9:33 pm

That is awesome, Stix. Hope to see you here more frequently!

28. snarkk said, on October 28, 2012 at 9:28 pm

I’m takin’ the Snarkkettes to a parade…

29. blade3colorado said, on October 28, 2012 at 9:29 pm

Congratulations to the Giants for an incredible epic comeback in the NLDS and NLCS, topped by their World Series win. I will sleep very well tonight! Good night Flappers! 🙂

30. PawlieKokonuts said, on October 28, 2012 at 9:32 pm

SF GIANTS STYLE #oppan_gangnam

31. zumiee said, on October 28, 2012 at 9:32 pm

Hey, MLB, “Meet the new boss; same as the old boss.”

• Bozo said, on October 28, 2012 at 10:21 pm

And we won’t get fooled again.

32. Chico said, on October 28, 2012 at 9:32 pm

Holy shit! High fives to all the Flappers!

World Champs! Cheers!

33. twinfan1 said, on October 28, 2012 at 9:33 pm

Good night all. Great night, great season. Panda and Zito, Scooter, Affeldt, Romo, the kids- hell, all the guys…but even more this stamps Bochy as one of the great postseason managers ever. IMO.

34. snarkk said, on October 28, 2012 at 9:34 pm

2010 was incredible, unbelievable, a lifetime of frustration released.
    Coming back from such depths, this one is fantastic in its own way.
    Like choosing between Snarkkettes, I cannot pick either as the better.
    They are both precious, to be cherished forever…

35. stixwiz said, on October 28, 2012 at 9:36 pm

WHEEEE are the Championsssssssssss of the WORLD.

36. chipower9 said, on October 28, 2012 at 9:36 pm

Yeah, I suppose you are right, snarkk. Both were equally special for their own reasons.

37. Irish Kevin said, on October 28, 2012 at 9:38 pm

I have to say I love Romo as a closer, his yell, and then the hops off the mound!! Way cool.

38. chipower9 said, on October 28, 2012 at 9:40 pm

You know what I am thinking, Flappers???

BACK-TO-BACK, BABY!

Let’s make it THREE in FOUR and give them something to REALLY TALK ABOUT!

39. PawlieKokonuts said, on October 28, 2012 at 9:41 pm

can.not.fathom.this.postseason.hurricane.blitz.

40. eddacker said, on October 28, 2012 at 9:42 pm

and victory settled on the warriors

41. snarkk said, on October 28, 2012 at 9:42 pm

I can only wonder what would have happened last year if Posey had not been injured…

42. Irish Kevin said, on October 28, 2012 at 9:45 pm

How appropriate that Theriot and Scutaro were the ones to win it

43. chipower9 said, on October 28, 2012 at 9:45 pm

Some great post-game video on CSNBA.

Wish I would have thought to cycle over to listen in via radio. Bottom of the 10th was Flemings, and he offered it to Miller, but Miller declined…said, no this is your time, kid. So classy…

44. Salty said, on October 28, 2012 at 9:48 pm

Completely different lineup from 2 years ago. Amazing job by Sabean.

45. paulinasia said, on October 28, 2012 at 9:52 pm

So sweet. Giants rule…. the Flap rules… Flappers around the world RULE….. oh happy day. Thanks for being here all season, Flappers, what a joy.

• PawlieKokonuts said, on October 28, 2012 at 9:54 pm

Thank you, Mr., not Miss, Saigon!

• chipower9 said, on October 28, 2012 at 10:39 pm

Thank you, Paul. You, as one of the many (Bozo, Pawlie, Edd, Stix…the list goes on and on) of the Flappers scattered around the world…it is so awesome sharing the experiences of this team with all of you! A pleasure…an honor!

46. PawlieKokonuts said, on October 28, 2012 at 9:53 pm

Let me get this straight. You’re telling me the San Francisco Giants just SWEPT the Detroit Tigers, with the best hitter and best pitcher in baseball, to win their second World Series in three years? You expect me to believe that psychotic fugue?!

47. snarkk said, on October 28, 2012 at 9:54 pm

I say one last time for this season; the question has been answered.
    Why the Fuck NOT?…

• Flavor said, on October 28, 2012 at 10:11 pm

we score we win

• chipower9 said, on October 28, 2012 at 10:41 pm

Flavor! Fuck Yeah! I said it earlier and will say it again…THANK YOU for giving us the wonderful place to discuss the best game and best team around.

48. PawlieKokonuts said, on October 28, 2012 at 9:55 pm

to be totally self-serving, makes an utterly sweet ending to my life as a fan; good work, boys

49. sandy32koufax said, on October 28, 2012 at 9:56 pm

Well, congrats Giants fans.

I actually thought the Tigers would take tonight’s game only to see that THAT wasn’t going to happen.

BTW, I didn’t think they could win the series after falling behind by two but had expected a more competitive match-up.

I HATE to admit it but the Jints may be the best team in the MLB for several seasons to come.

DAMNITALL!

• Flavor said, on October 28, 2012 at 10:10 pm

you are a Dodger fan I totally respect. And I hope you know how hard that is for me to even comprehend, much less say. 🙂

• sandy32koufax said, on October 28, 2012 at 10:35 pm

Thanks Flav.

Isn’t it a damn shame that it’s so hard for any of us to make a statement of that type? Pride or shame or hatred is a bitch, ya?

I sat in the TenderNob, at Mark’s Bar, tonight watching the game, recently “separated” from my lady love watching my latest horror come to pass. Damn I am missing her and my newffies tonight.

ALL I can hear out my window are the sounds of G-fan reverie, OY! Enjoy these times Jints fans, they are indeed rare.

• chipower9 said, on October 28, 2012 at 10:43 pm

That’s classy, Sandy.

50. twinfan1 said, on October 28, 2012 at 10:05 pm

For me, it’s another of many many great seasons I’ve enjoyed. The championships have been so exciting and I’m so happy for all the men who contributed to them- and I’ve also enjoyed the ones who never got to stand atop the baseball world. One of the great things about this organization is how they’ve remembered and welcomed the players of the past-the greats and not so greats. Right now I’m thinking of Pablo and Romo but I’m also thinking of Randy Winn and so many others… “good Giants” who never wore a ring…

• Chico said, on October 28, 2012 at 10:11 pm

I know he left for another team, but that’s business. Something tells me Rod Beck is smiling down at us right now with a clenched fist held high in the air.

• twinfan1 said, on October 28, 2012 at 10:32 pm

Over 1700 big league games without even a taste of the postseason is not just business. I won’t apologize for remembering the many players I’ve enjoyed watching. And Randy was joy to watch. Beck? I feel badly for his family…

• sandy32koufax said, on October 28, 2012 at 10:40 pm

TF, I miss the silence of the Oakland Hills even more tonight. I hear horns and tribal chants marching up and down the streets of San Francisco, a city of my forebears. Of all of the Jints that played before 2010, many were special and many were gifted but none won the biggest prize of all in SF. Twice in three years is not to be taken lightly.

Be well, Codger, I wish the best for you.

• twinfan1 said, on October 28, 2012 at 11:09 pm

And to you, Sandy. I would never dismiss what this means to the players, their families, the people who work for the team. I’ve been lucky to have enjoyed the game for over half a decade, and I may not remember every guy who played it, but they’re all a part of the fabric of the game, Somewhere deep inside I *do* remember them all. Baseball is not dying but it will never be America’s game again and that’s sad. Maybe it will be Doom VII for XBox.

• sandy32koufax said, on October 28, 2012 at 11:32 pm

I’m on Sutter between Van Ness and Franklin. Crazies and the sounds of people expressing their joy and relief is quite apparent. Even from blocks away.

Michael, IDK if I will ever to adequately express this to you but it has been a joy to get beyond our initial angst to sharing a love of baseball today.

Hell, that applies to most of you guys. And who is Steve Melikean? IDK just who you are, only that every time I sign into FaceBook, it asks me if I want to add you. Did you go to Wilcox High or to Fresno State? I was class of ’77 at WHS and SHOULD have been class of ’81 @Fresburg

51. Flavor said, on October 28, 2012 at 10:06 pm

Man. I got a call around 7pm and it was a call I couldn’t miss. Obviously the game was taped but as the call went on I finally put the tv on live in the room I was taking the call in (volume off). It was the 8th inning (I left in like the 6th I think), there was a man on and no one out and MIggy was coming to the plate. Now, I can’t impress upon you all the importance and seriousness of this personal call so I could not give off any kind of emotion that would disrupt or interrupt the call. But I watched those 3 strikeouts and gave 3 quiet, monsterously enthusiastic Ewisco fist pumps for each one of them. I finished the call, then turned off the tv and my phone (since I knew the texts would rain down upon me later if we won) and went and tried to have a normal dinner with my daughter who was hungry and not interested in talking about Game 4. Sadly.
    After dinner I was probably about a half hour behind and I went back to the tape and watched the rest of this unfold. My daughter hates baseball and that reality has officially ruined me. But after dinner she fiddled around and found a camera and decided to take a pic of me at the end of the game without me knowing, Her independent decision to do this while she hid in our hallway near the family room (on crutches with a sprained foot from her soccer game yesterday) makes me love her more than I ever thought possible. I’ll try to post later…..
    I have no message to impart tonight, I just wanted to share a summary of the 2 hours or so that I experienced before we won this thing. I can feel from all of your posts what was going on with you guys tonight the moment we won—the moment we won AGAIN. It is impossible to not swell with pride if you’re a Giants fan……..
    Before I started writing this post, maybe 10 minutes ago, I turned my phone back on and it sounded off like a fucking July 4th fireworks show, at least in terms of *pings*. I’ll check them all later. There are so many Giants fans who are so happy tonight………

• PawlieKokonuts said, on October 28, 2012 at 10:14 pm

you had better swallow your pride and make this POTD

• Flavor said, on October 28, 2012 at 10:19 pm

eh, everyone is properly tired of my scene. It’s easier and better to let the rest of you knock it out of the park for me. I had so much fun reading the posts tonight………

• chipower9 said, on October 28, 2012 at 11:25 pm

Great stuff, Flavor. So cool that your daughter snapped the picture.

Parade is Wednesday. I’ll be going down with my daugher, Demp28, and his wife Celeste! I will not miss it this time. Ready for the trophy tour, part 2!

And as Edd said earlier…only 154 days until pitchers and catchers report!

52. tedspe said, on October 28, 2012 at 10:12 pm

My apologies, lads, for the appearence of absence. I was driving me mum home in the 10th inning.
    And then..Romo DID IT!!!!
    I dropped me mum home, horn blasting all the way, and just spent the entire couple of hours driving around San Francisco, again, horn blowing, people on and in the streets, screaming, drunkards, horns honking, fucking San Francisco is fucking insane right now from (by my driving around perspective) Union Square to SOMA to the Richmond District to Civic Center to Pacific Heights to…(BTW, I skipped the Mission)…to Fisherman’s Wharf to back home just now to Pacific Heights.
    I’m fucking spent.
    I love baseball and I love the Giants. And I love that Chinese girl I saw on Mason Street with the orange and black mini-skirt

• PawlieKokonuts said, on October 28, 2012 at 10:16 pm

co-POTD candidate….what about the Sunset District?

• tedspe said, on October 28, 2012 at 10:26 pm

Sorry Pawlie, forgot to go to the Sunset. I wasn’t thinking logically

53. wswin said, on October 28, 2012 at 10:15 pm

The San Francisco Giants are World Series Champions….Again.

54. PawlieKokonuts said, on October 28, 2012 at 10:19 pm

G’night, girls. Been an exhausting but rewarding week for me. One last thing: our defense cannot be overestimated. A difference maker nonpareil.

• Flavor said, on October 28, 2012 at 10:23 pm

nite Pawlie. That *happy b-day* catch by Crawford was epic. And totally unrelated to nothing, man, the new century is just better than the last one, there’s almost no arguing that. 🙂 🙂 🙂
      And one last time……..
      MALLLLLLLLLfucking….TITS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

55. snarkk said, on October 28, 2012 at 10:23 pm

I watched the last inning at a brew pub with the Snarkkettes.
    We watched as Romo struck out those Tigers to seal the deal, and the pub erupted with joy.
    After high-fiving them, I raised my Alaskan Amber glass and hit their raised Sprite glass, and said to my Snarkkettes — I waited over 40 years for my FIRST championship; you’ve had 2 in 3 years before you’re even done with middle school. Do you two know how lucky you are?!!! Tandem answer: “No!!!!”
    I LUV my Giants, and my Snarkkettes….

56. tedspe said, on October 28, 2012 at 10:28 pm

Fuck, sounds like New Years out here. Fireworks, horns honking…
    GIANTS!!!! SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS!!!!!!

57. Bozo said, on October 28, 2012 at 10:29 pm

Flav – Yeah Buddy!
    Thanks man.

• Flavor said, on October 28, 2012 at 10:38 pm

Yeah buddy right back at ya, you fucking clown.

58. tedspe said, on October 28, 2012 at 10:31 pm

World Series Champions.
    San Francisco Giants.
    Goodnight, gentlemen (question mark)

59. sfsarge said, on October 28, 2012 at 10:32 pm

Hells yeah, I’ll be at the parade with two of my little ones. This is fantastic! I’m speechless. On top of the mountain we stand again!

60. snarkk said, on October 28, 2012 at 10:46 pm

Alright, I guess Bochy deserves a one year extension now… 😉

61. twinfan1 said, on October 28, 2012 at 10:46 pm

Well, goodnight again. I presume we still have a writing schedule, so I’ll be up Tuesday. Maybe I’ll talk about the Giants, baseball, something…who knows. No parade up here this year, the man behind that passed away this year. Maybe I’ll write about him- no greater Giants’ fan ever lived.

• Chico said, on October 28, 2012 at 11:24 pm

Mike, I messed up in my wording on my reply to your previous post. When I said “business”, i was referring to Beck leaving and playing for another team. I agree, Winn was a great Giant who never even got close to a WS. There are so many great (and favorite) Giant’s players that never got a a shot at the post season. What a great season! This was for them and the fans.

62. chipower9 said, on October 28, 2012 at 11:31 pm

Just keep catching up on the CSNBA post game…took a brief hiatus to chase the woman into the back of the house for a little celebration. These players are so awesome…loved the Posey, Pence, Affeldt, Pablo interviews…Zito’s was kick-ass, too. All of them were great.

63. sandy32koufax said, on October 28, 2012 at 11:35 pm

Whatever is ”up” keep “The Flap” alive, it’s a pretty cool cool place to hang or just to ”peek” into. That’s coming from a Dodger fan. Seriously.

• chipower9 said, on October 28, 2012 at 11:43 pm

It’s MAGIC Inside. LONG LIVE THE FLAP and THE FLAPPERS!

• blade3colorado said, on October 29, 2012 at 6:19 am

Sandy, I just woke up and checked the last 50 or so messages and in answer to your question, I am Steve. I think Facebook automatically sends “friends” requests out based upon prior email messages, which we have exchanged a few times. Anywho, you’re welcome to add me, since I’ve always found you a reasonable Dodger fan (grin). Take care friend . . . 🙂

64. chipower9 said, on October 28, 2012 at 11:47 pm

What a wonderful day in so many ways. Feeling very blessed.

G’night, Flappers. I salute you all as the absolute best fans in the world.

65. ferrethead said, on October 28, 2012 at 11:48 pm

Long stupid story, but I’m finally here, for the last time in the 2012 Season:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-
    HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love the Flap, love the whole lot of you Flappers, but mostly I LOVE MY GIANTS!!!!!!!!!

• shaman138 said, on October 29, 2012 at 12:28 am

Woooo hooo!

66. snarkk said, on October 28, 2012 at 11:59 pm

I give kudos to Leyland.
    Post game presser, he minced no words, gave credit to Bochy and the Giants in many ways.
    Class act…

67. shaman138 said, on October 29, 2012 at 12:27 am

Just another beautiful night for Giants fans…cheers flappers!

68. Macdog said, on October 29, 2012 at 12:34 am