My 2013 Baseball New Year’s Resolutions
I really don’t have any personal ones. I think resolutions, by and large, are pretty dumb. I don’t need an arbitrary day to make a bunch of proclamations that I’ve got about a 12 to 14.5% chance of keeping. I live by one *resolution*: Try to stay positive and patient in the present. Whether I fail at it or succeed in the moment, that’s how I try to live my life…..
But there’s nothing wrong with making a few baseball-related resolutions, is there?
In 2013 I promise to…….
1) have no expectations for Andres Torres and just appreciate his presence on the team
2) never forget Barry’s Zito’s contributions to the 2012 world series win (no matter how badly he will sometimes pitch in 2013)
3) never write a thread questioning a Bruce Bochy line up
4) not worry about how fat The Panda gets
5) go to at least 5 Giants games. This year I only went to 2 and felt lame about that
6) send Edd and GH their trophies
7) keep The Flap going for at least another full baseball season
8) not ever do again what I did today in the BBOTD widget 🙂
There are probably others but these 8 will do for now. January is always the darkest month of the year for me. I look to the right and see we only have 43 days to go before P/C’s report but that seems like a long time. And it’s still not actual real baseball games being played. I want to close my eyes and let the sunlight warm my face. I want to smell grass. I want to hear the crisp sound of a ball hitting a mitt perfectly. I want to be part of *the roar*. I wanna high five total strangers…… That’s what I want to do right now.