A Place To Talk About Giants Baseball

Joe Torre is Still a Numbskull

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on February 20, 2013

Last December I wrote a thread about what a dipshit Joe Torre was. You can read it here if you never saw it or, horrors, forgot about it.

His brain still isn’t working correctly. The article at the ‘Gate says “Torre Willing to Discuss Player Safety* and then Torre is quoted as saying, “My stance has never really changed.”

Well, your *stance* on catcher safety and rule changes related to it is THE PROBLEM, ya dipshit. And when he goes on to say “If something is going to make the game safer, and not affect the way the game is played, I’m certainly up for it.”

What is that even supposed to mean? So if it was a rule change that made the game safer but it would alter how the game was played he’d be against that? He cares more about the way the game has always been played than he does about player safety? Freaking sports change rules all the time. Baseball ADDS new rules to their rule book every single year……

I would think the player’s union would support a rule change for catcher safety—less catchers getting hurt is a good thing. The union should put pressure on Torre and not rely on Bochy and Matheny making their plea to him once a year.

Joe Torre is a dinosaur stuck in a 1970’s time warp. There isn’t a single sound argument against changing the rules to support better catcher safety on plays at home plate.

Athletes today are built much differently than they were 30 years ago. They’re stronger and faster. Go watch the play of Pete Rose blowing up Fosse. Rose stumbled a little before he made contact. He never even left his feet (but still separated Fosse’s shoulder). Cousins was a human missile and probably hit Posey with twice the force that the Rose collision created. And if Torre can’t see the difference between today’s players and the cats in his era, I just can’t say it enough times, he’s a FREAKING BRAIN DEAD NUMB SKULL.

No one should ever have to sit defenseless and absorb the force of a human missile. Jesus, football has made a ton of changes to support player safety. And Torre’s worried about how a rule change might affect the way the game is played? Does he really think it will change the game THAT dramatically? Fuck him.

_________________________________________

Steve and Paul. Enjoy the Flap *hook up* tonight (or whatever that’s called). 🙂 Flappers meeting up in Bangkok. Where next? The moon?

I think they’re somewhere around this place. Hopefully they aren’t hanging out at the 7/11. Aim higher. 🙂

blade

1. zumiee said, on February 20, 2013 at 5:27 pm

I was in a library today and saw Torre’s book “The Yankee Years,” and had absolutely no desire to check it out. His attitude toward catcher safety just sours me on him completely. Plus, he got kind of full of himself during those Yankee years.

• Flavor said, on February 20, 2013 at 5:38 pm

I haven’t been in a library in a while. What’s it like? Do they still have the newspapers on those long sticks?

• TedSpe said, on February 20, 2013 at 6:09 pm

“Let me tell you something, funny boy… You know that little stamp? The one that says New York Public Library? Well, that may not mean anything to you, but that means a lot to me. One whole helluva lot. Sure, go ahead, laugh if you want to. I’ve seen your type before — flashy, making the scene, flaunting convention. Yeah, I know what you’re thinking… Why’s this guy making such a big stink about old library books? Let me give you a hint, junior. Maybe we can live without libraries, people like you and me…. Maybe. Sure, we’re too old to change the world. What about that kid, sitting down, opening a book right now in a branch of the local library and finding pictures of pee-pees and wee-wees in The Cat in the Hat and The Five Chinese Brothers. Doesn’t he deserve better? Look, if you think this is about overdue fines and missing books, you’d better think again. This is about that kid’s right to read a book without getting his mind warped. Or maybe that turns you on, Seinfeld… Maybe that’s how you get your kicks… You and your goodtime buddies… I’ve got a flash for you, joy boy. Partytime is over.”
        – Lt. Bookman, in “The Library”

• pawliekokonuts said, on February 20, 2013 at 8:01 pm

I almost get aroused just being in the reading room of the New York Public Library. Of course, in the old days of 42nd Street, that would make sense. Anyway, it is exquisite. And I do have an NYPL card!

• xoot said, on February 20, 2013 at 10:08 pm

Libraries are great places. In the old days, whenever I had a side-track research interest, I always found what I needed in the UC Berkeley libraries. For example, every book Edward Bernays ever wrote — right there in the stacks. The downtown Berkeley library is pretty good, too. About 15 years ago, I had to spend 2 or 3 pages arguing over the meaning of the word “each.” I was billing by the hour, so why the fuck not? The room full of dictionaries in the Berkeley Public Library contributed greatly to the success of the effort. I remember that as a very productive yet serene afternoon’s work.

• snarkk said, on February 20, 2013 at 10:51 pm

I made a recent visit to the Boalt Law library at Cal. I used to study down in the old carrels of the old structure that had 4 or 5 levels of stacks below street grade. Fuzzy yellow lighting, metal sided carrels and chairs, and a slight musty smell made for some long study times, but I’d larder in a tall, no-foam latte from the old Cafe Roma across the street every 3 hours or so, and settle in for some serious study time. Now, the place has been totally revamped inside. There are no multiple levels of stacks anymore. Gorgeous, lots of glass, soothing woods and natural rock walls. Looks like a damn upscale spa.

Two main levels, with the lower one storing all the books in those automated, movable shelving units that store 5X the books in 1/4 of the previous space, or some such. Plus, very cool cafe on site, all online searchability stations, great natural and electric lighting, even direct online access for your own PC in the smooth wood, comfortable carrels, etc. with fixtures that look like they’re from Restoration Hardware. Sheezus, law school made easy. I actually got my degree from UC Hastings in SF, but also spent two years in seminar classes at Boalt, since I also was getting an MBA at the Haas Biz school at Cal. I must say, the Hastings students were every bit as good, if not better than many of the snot-nosed, wet behind the ears Boalt students right out of 4-years in college. Hastings often had a better, and still does, I think, first attempt bar passage rate, even better than Stanfoo Law. Hastings students were hard scrabble, older, and often worked during law school, which is not easy to do, I know. There are more judges from Hastings on the CA bench than any other law school.

Sounds like Xoot probably knows, the big reading room at the main Doe Library at Cal is one of the great, huge interior spaces ever constructed. http://tinyurl.com/auafgnj When lit by the natural light on a bright winter’s day, it is a special place. You get smarter just by sitting in there for an hour. Seriously. One day in Doe doing something else, I somehow came across a small collection of materials gathered from a TB sanitorium in Marin that operated in the early 20th Cent. through the late 30s. My mother had been a young TB patient there for about 3 1/2 years, and I remember she had told stories of how the doctors and nurses had the patients make sculpture and art as a means of therapy, mostly mental, to help them escape their situation. The collection was about that program, and the doctors who developed and ran it. My jaw dropped when I read about it — exactly as my mother described. In those days, there were no drugs to fight TB. The things the medicos then did to stop the disease might be considered barbaric now. Luckily, my mother survived and the disease was stopped, though most of one lung was gone. She had been a fine high school student, and had planned to go to Cal, but was then struck by TB, and never even made it to college, altering her life forever. I went there years later for myself, but somehow always felt I carried some of her spirit there, and am proud to have done so…

• James said, on February 20, 2013 at 11:16 pm

I was always amused that Boalt housed the “The Robbins Collection.”

• Flavor said, on February 21, 2013 at 6:14 am

when he calls him *Joy Boy*, that’s when I lose it with out loud laughter.

• chipower9 said, on February 21, 2013 at 8:09 am

I love libraries, though I haven’t been in one in a while…card carrying member of the El Dorodo County (Placerville Branch) library. I do have quite a few books (Gail is regularly giving me crap about my “queue” of books on my nightstand).

• blade3colorado said, on February 21, 2013 at 7:04 pm

LOL . . . Newspapers on a stick. I remember that shit. Great bamboo weapons too. 🙂

2. snarkk said, on February 20, 2013 at 5:52 pm

I’m coming around on the catcher safety thing.
    I don’t see why some rule like the second baseman protection rule applied to catchers wouldn’t help, and would not change the game much, if at all. The only thing is, it depends still on the umps calling the shit. Holliday massacred Scutaro at second, and there was no call. The rule is only as good as the enforcement. I am a believer in tit for tat enforcement. If you’re going to have a rule to deter player injury, I say that if a player violates the rule and causes injury to the “victim” player, the perpetrator is disqualified from playing (with pay) for as long as the injured player is out, up to a maximum of the balance of the season. So, if Cousins had been deemed to have violated an existing rule on not going out of the baseline to body slam a catcher NOT blocking the plate, then the injured catcher out for the season would mean Cousins were disqualified for the season, too. That stuff should apply to hockey, for example, with these a$$holes using their sticks to slash an opponent in the head that puts him out for half a season, and the perp only gets a 5 game suspension or something. The perp should be put out of commission if he puts his opposing player into the hospital and onto the DL…

• chipower9 said, on February 21, 2013 at 8:10 am

I would be down with that (on the enforcement) where the perpetrator would be suspended, without pay, for the duration that the hurt player was out.

3. snarkk said, on February 20, 2013 at 6:09 pm

Here’s a link to some cool pix of the Giants in Scottsdale.
    Note on the right is a little box where you can click on a link to a short ittle video with Sandy Koufax being in camp with the Dodgers for a while. The dude looks good, cool, for a seventy something. I have utmost respect for this guy, although he’s with the “enemy”. Can you imagine being a young minor league pitcher getting tips from Koufax on how and when to throw a curveball? Like getting schooled on composition and light from Titian, Vermeer or Leonardo. I’d probably be so in awe I’d totally miss what he’s saying. I think it’s great that the old vets come back to “help out” like this, and be seen again. It’s what makes baseball, baseball..

4. DJLoo said, on February 20, 2013 at 7:06 pm

I know what you mean, Snark. Sometimes I bump into Andy Beyer on the Belmont Special (that’s the LIRR train to Belmont Park). I watch and listen to him analyze the PP’s. It’s like getting cello lessons from Yo-Yo-Ma…

5. twinfan1 said, on February 20, 2013 at 7:32 pm

As Sciosia famously said, it’s considered the “last vestige of courage” in the game, the catcher blocking the plate. It’s that kind of neantherthal thinking that prevents a common sense rule protecting the catcher *and* the runner- who can be in graver danger than the catcher if he goes in head first.
    I’m so sick of even discussing it because the arguments for leaving things as they are so ignorant and callous.
    So fuck it- my joke about new equipment for the catcher would take care it after just one incident. And that’s the spiked chest protector.

• pawliekokonuts said, on February 20, 2013 at 8:22 pm

spiked chest protector — love it, in the spirit of Jonathan Swift’s “A Modest Proposal” for eating babies, if I remember from sophomore English

• twinfan1 said, on February 20, 2013 at 9:15 pm

Well, maybe the catcher can pack one those “common usage” weapons that the NRA objects to banning. Stay in the baseline or die, dude. Might cost a third base coach, ump, LFer, balldude, and a few fans…but that would be the last fucker going out of the basepath. Then again, it makes Hector the catcher for the next 25 to life..

6. pawliekokonuts said, on February 20, 2013 at 7:58 pm

I’m not even impressed with Joe Torre as a manager. I’ll put it this way: Casey Stengel was a *genius* when he managed the Yanks and got all those World Series rings. And then the Ol’ Perfessor managed the Mets in 1962. All of a sudden he turned dumb? Same idea w/ Torre: it didn’t take a smartypants to get those Yankees to win. Besides, isn’t Donnie Two-Trips an inheritor of all those Yankees “brains”?

7. Alleykat said, on February 20, 2013 at 8:11 pm

Bottom line,yeah Torre is old school,guess I.am as well.I use to take on catchers in Babe Ruth & High School. Breaking up DP’s as well.
    You don’t score from 2nd breaking up 2 though.It only puts you in position of getting home and helping your team.Collision at home is all about “Runs” those count more and can decide the outcome in the game.

8. DJLoo said, on February 20, 2013 at 8:21 pm

Mattingly’s improved and will continue to do so, I think. Torre was done the day he left Joba out there to get eaten up by the midges in Cleveland…

They should be more worried about splintering bats than anything. At least the catcher has a choice.

• twinfan1 said, on February 20, 2013 at 9:00 pm

It’s not “either or”, is it?
      “Sorry, boys, one common sense safety measure per decade…”

9. paulinasia said, on February 20, 2013 at 8:29 pm

It won’t exactly be Flapalooza, but after work today, this evening I’ll be winging to Bangkok, hopefully to find Steve wandering around the little alleyways somewhere. I think he gets in around 10pm local time, I won’t get there til about 1am, and hopefully by 1:30 or so, we’ll be sitting somewhere eating great food, sippin’ a beer (me) and club soda (him), with a couple of local lovelies at our side. So, gentlemen, at about the time you’re all doing your Thursday morning things between breakfast and lunch, Blade and I will be toasting the Flap and Flappers everywhere while sitting out in the Bangkok night somewhere along Sukhumvit Road. He sounds hesitant to post photos. I say it’ll all be good clean fun. Looking forward to meeting a Flapper, no matter how far from Flapland.

• pawliekokonuts said, on February 20, 2013 at 8:32 pm

“good clean fun” in Bangkok. Hmm. Either sounds boring or impossible. But that’s me and my imagination.

• blade3colorado said, on February 21, 2013 at 7:06 pm

Umm . . . Yeah, good clean fun. LMFAO.

10. paulinasia said, on February 20, 2013 at 8:34 pm

Actually, Pawlie, the cleaner, the better. Thais are famous for being very clean. They take several showers every day. And if one is lucky enough, one gets to shower with them from time to time. Neither boring, nor impossible… 🙂

• snarkk said, on February 20, 2013 at 11:51 pm

Too many showers makes my skin dry and flaky.
      But, I might make an exception for a fortnight in Bangkok.
      I am sure you and Blade will go only on an educational tour of the nightlife there, you being a teacher and all…

• paulinasia said, on February 21, 2013 at 2:53 am

The ensuing 2 hour oil massage takes care of your dry skin problem, Snarkk….

11. zumiee said, on February 20, 2013 at 11:50 pm

Good to see libraries getting attention on the Flap today.
    No, libraries generally don’t put newspapers on sticks anymore. It turns out no one wants to steal newspapers from libraries anymore. In fact, it’s possible nobody ever wanted to do that.

• snarkk said, on February 21, 2013 at 12:00 am

Those newspaper sticks probably wouldn’t even work well anymore.
      Now, the SF Chronicle looks as wide and long as the local Pennysaver…

12. Bozo said, on February 21, 2013 at 6:05 am

Baggs has this article on what it took to put Posey back together. Mr. Torre, I strongly suggest you read this, it is after all something to do with a “targeted collision at home plate”. http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/andrew-baggarly/how-giants-put-posey-back-together

Cousins by the way, is trying to get a spot with the Angels, our first ST game opponent. The Angels have a split squad that day so I don’t know if “Beam Me Up, Scotty” will be the first hitter beaned in Spring Training or not.

• chipower9 said, on February 21, 2013 at 9:35 am

Awesome story…thank for sharing, John.

13. Flavor said, on February 21, 2013 at 6:22 am

I guess my argument against the *old school thing* is that Joe Torre and Mike Un-Social is that they have no idea what it’s like to get slammed into by today’s player. That’s why I made the Rose reference. That was universally considered to be one of the most publicly remembered collisions at home plate of all time. But it was NOTHING like what Posey absorbed from Cousins. Rose was stumbling and bumbling into home plate. Scott Cousins was a rock hard-muscle-missile.

14. Flavor said, on February 21, 2013 at 6:26 am

thanks for the link, Bozo. I forget to read Baggs now and again, he’s tucked away over at csnbayarea, a website I never go to.
    Here’s the quote that hit home for me: When trainer Groeschner got to the plate the night of the accident:

“I mean, this was devastating. I’ll never forget jogging out there. We all knew instantly what he’d have to go through to get back behind the plate. It looked like a car accident.”

• Bozo said, on February 21, 2013 at 7:27 am

I thought it was a good read and it happened to fit in with the topic. The medical staff was amazing (IMO),not only to get Buster to walk again but also have him go on to become the MVP. Considering the extent of the injury, I’m just truly amazed.

“If Torre had to absorb the Cousins hit even one time, he’d change that rule in a second…….” Actually, Torre might not be around to change the rule if he took that hit. This quote about the injury from Groeschner really hit home for me.
      “He’ll wear orthotics for the rest of his career. Those cracks, snaps and pops he’ll have the rest of his life.”

15. dirtnrocksnomo said, on February 21, 2013 at 7:06 am

Two Flappers walk into a bar and one says……ow! Bangkok!

• Flavor said, on February 21, 2013 at 7:31 am

Lol.
      I just set one of my world clock times on my phone to Bangkok time. It’s 10:30pm– getting close to “night prowler” time!

• blade3colorado said, on February 21, 2013 at 7:08 pm

I actually got in at 830PM and was exploring the area by 9:15pm. Paul got in early too (12:15pm at the hotel) . . . we had plenty of time to discuss the Giants.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

16. willedav said, on February 21, 2013 at 7:34 am

we’ll see about mattingly…last year it was after he got the sudden infusion of talent that the Giants blew them away. Let’s see how League works as closer, and what he does with left side of IF. Luis Cruz was a 12 yr minors guy who suddenly exploded at the plate and is pencilled in as starter out of ST. Hanley’s days as a SS appear to be numbered. Kinda eye opening when your own C ellis lauds crawford as NL best–after all, he saw Hanley up close and personal.
    Public libraries of south bay are way cool and i’m in them a lot. You can look up stuff online to see if it’s available, and 5 of them are linked together. You can have something put on hold for you and have it sent to the lib of your choice to pick up. CDs and DVDs rented out for free. I just finished reading Le Carre’s “Constant Gardener”, and I’ll see if they have the movie version (which I know is a little different). Unfortunately, I can’t find the Lefty Gomez that Zum so highly recommended.

17. willedav said, on February 21, 2013 at 8:19 am

The thing about mattingly is that he is there to win, right now. Last season mgmt added in Victorino, League, Hanley and Agon to replace what he had and he couldn’t get it done. And of course watched the Giants win it all, by adding Pence scuts and mijares to what they already had. Reminds me of watching SF dispatch the phils 2010—Manuel has a ton of All Stars out there to write into the LU every day, including a couple Cy guys for SPs, but Cody Ross and co. ruined the parade and got to star in one of their own shortly thereafter.
    I’ve often thought that there are coaches who have a crummy team and get them to respectability are doing a far better job than others with tons of talent that win a lot of games. I think bochy is far superior mgr. to either mattingly or gibson, and that black is also better than either of them too.

18. Brian said, on February 21, 2013 at 8:49 am

Hanley got a 0.6 WAR, Crawford, despite a very shaky first half, received a 2.3. And he should be even better defensively this year.

19. twinfan1 said, on February 21, 2013 at 10:01 am

Maybe the best part of the “Two-Trips” episode is no one knew the rule. Actually, by rule, Broxton had to face the next batter…
    But Willie is right-Bochy and Black are by far the best managers in the division.

• Nipper said, on February 21, 2013 at 10:35 am

I concur.

20. Irish Kevin said, on February 21, 2013 at 10:38 am

Hey, Happy Birthday BF!! enjoy your day!! A toast to you and this blog. My brothers birthday is today also!!

21. unca_chuck said, on February 21, 2013 at 10:52 am

• TedSpe said, on February 21, 2013 at 12:49 pm

YouTube, at least for me, doesn’t seem to work here anymore. I tried it last night and it didn’t and twin’s Ben Gazzara the other day didn’t either. That’s why I just posted the script last night

22. big flavor said, on February 21, 2013 at 12:39 pm

It’s 3:38am in Bangkok right now. I’m just sayin’.

23. zumiee said, on February 21, 2013 at 12:42 pm

Bangkok? I’m envying Chi’s trip to Spring Training! Now we’re talking!

• zumiee said, on February 21, 2013 at 12:47 pm

Nothing against Bangkok. I hear it’s quite the city.
      (grin)

• chipower9 said, on February 21, 2013 at 1:26 pm

I would love to visit Bangkok…but nothing like a trip to Scottsdale to see our boys in the Orange and Black. It has become much more expensive and crowded…but I still love the vibe of Spring Training!

24. zumiee said, on February 21, 2013 at 12:46 pm

As y’all may already know, MLB network starts cranking out Spring Training games this Saturday. They also throw in some college games, and eventually some WBC games. Going through the MLB network calendar, DVRing games, is a fun thing.

25. twinfan1 said, on February 21, 2013 at 1:45 pm

Have siazure now emerg uhuh real clearlake no joke

• snarkk said, on February 21, 2013 at 3:09 pm

I just sent an email to BF about this. If anybody has Oracle’s number, maybe you should call…

26. James said, on February 21, 2013 at 2:19 pm

27. Salty said, on February 21, 2013 at 2:21 pm

Hope you’re ok twinfan.

28. unca_chuck said, on February 21, 2013 at 3:50 pm

I hope someone’s there with you, Mike.

29. twinfan1 said, on February 21, 2013 at 4:31 pm

I wayt for tabby to emerhgeny. cleerklake hosp soon. no talk

• TedSpe said, on February 21, 2013 at 4:38 pm

Okay Mike. Take it easy

• snarkk said, on February 21, 2013 at 5:08 pm

Oracle, if you can type YES or NO, do you know for sure someone is coming to help you NOW?

• Chico said, on February 21, 2013 at 5:28 pm

I hope to god this is a joke.

• snarkk said, on February 21, 2013 at 5:34 pm

Oracle, if you are still there and reading this, BF is getting hold of 911. If you’re gone off to emergency, well, then you’re not reading this, and that is even better…

30. Flavor said, on February 21, 2013 at 5:41 pm

Hey you guys– I had 9-1-1 track down his address with the ph # I had for him and they’re sending someone over there right now. If he’s already on his way to the ER it will have been unnecessary but I felt like I had to do it.

• snarkk said, on February 21, 2013 at 5:46 pm

Absolutely great work BF, even if he’s been transported already!…

• Flavor said, on February 21, 2013 at 5:49 pm

they just called me back. The 2nd number I gave them was a hospital and she’s calling to see if he’s there. She said there’s an ambulance and fire on the way to his house right now.

• snarkk said, on February 21, 2013 at 5:50 pm

I need a goddamn bourbon…

• Chico said, on February 21, 2013 at 5:53 pm

Good move..

• blade3colorado said, on February 21, 2013 at 7:11 pm

I just got to this part of the blog . . . I pray that Twin is all right.

31. Flavor said, on February 21, 2013 at 5:52 pm

They found him.

• snarkk said, on February 21, 2013 at 5:55 pm

Cool. Thanks for the update. I’m still heading for that bourbon…

• Flavor said, on February 21, 2013 at 6:01 pm

me too.

• snarkk said, on February 21, 2013 at 6:05 pm

You made the call, and damn straight it was the right call.
        His 4:31 scared me being so long after his original message, and that’s what got me thinking maybe he couldn’t call for help. I had visions of him sitting in front of his computer unable to move or talk, and either his wife gone or there, but in her condition, perhaps unable to help…

32. DJLoo said, on February 21, 2013 at 5:58 pm

Nice job there, Flav…you’re a good guy.

• Flavor said, on February 21, 2013 at 6:06 pm

I’ve had an unbelievably shitty week at work– had to hire a lawyer, going in front of review boards, it’s pretty gnarly. And today’s my birthday and my daughter just played me a song she wrote on her freaking recorder that got me pretty emotional. So when the chick called back to confirm he was safely in the ER, and I’ve talked to her at least 7 times in the last 20 minutes, I started crying like a girl. It’s been a tough week fellas.

• snarkk said, on February 21, 2013 at 6:09 pm

I love the Flap.
        I better get another finger of Maker’s, or I’m going to blubber right here, right now, with you…

• Flavor said, on February 21, 2013 at 6:11 pm

I need a Paul/Steve story from Bangkok STAT(!) to make me feel better, lol

• Chico said, on February 21, 2013 at 6:23 pm

Excellent move on your part, and happy B-day! I’ve had a shitty week too.. A tenant moved out of one of my folks units (4plex) in Berkeley and he sub-let it to a professional activist/squatter whose name is all over the internet — had to get an attorney and my folks are looking at no income for at least 8 – 10 months because of the crazy ass rent control laws over there.. You can actually get a place for free for 10 months if you play your cards right over there… Unfuckingbelievable. My brother in law has a very aggressive form of melanoma and he’s 31 years old.. Lots of other shitty news too..

My thoughts are with Mike.. I hope to hell he’s alright.

33. TedSpe said, on February 21, 2013 at 6:09 pm

Nice work, Flav. Thanks for updating us.

And, hell, Happy Freakin’ Birthday!!! My brother’s birthday is this Saturday as well.

34. snarkk said, on February 21, 2013 at 6:19 pm

Happy Birthday, BF. You deserve a bigass steak or lobster or something, so treat yourself and your daughter, and have some fun tonite. I’m off now to cook dinner for the Snarkkettes, as Mrs. Snarkk is off to a dance class for the evening. Ah, back to the mundane…

• Flavor said, on February 21, 2013 at 7:11 pm

Snarkk showed his true colors tonight with the email chain I exchanged with him. If something was going down, I would want him in my foxhole. I’d want him on my team. You had Twin’s back tonight, dude……..

35. blade3colorado said, on February 21, 2013 at 7:02 pm

Quick comment before I bang on Paul’s door to wake him up (what a wimp – I was easily up at least 24 hours straight yesterday). 🙂

OK, Thailand rocks . . . Paul rocks! The women – especially rock. Without Flav getting into some serious trouble with the FCC or the internet equivalent . . . I will only say that I really enjoyed myself last night. 🙂

P.S. We were in the Sukhumvit district. Look it up . . . The “definition” of entertainment.

• snarkk said, on February 21, 2013 at 7:08 pm

Just the sound of “Sukhumvit” sounds intriguing…

• blade3colorado said, on February 21, 2013 at 7:09 pm

Snarkk, like I said – it defines entertainment.

36. blade3colorado said, on February 21, 2013 at 7:03 pm

Happy Birthday Big Flavor!

37. Bozo said, on February 21, 2013 at 7:06 pm

What the fuck? Awesome job Craig.

38. blade3colorado said, on February 21, 2013 at 7:13 pm

OK, got through the blog and as a few others have indicated, good job Flav!

Any news about Twin? If one of you can send either Paul or I an email, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

• blade3colorado said, on February 21, 2013 at 7:14 pm

I meant when there is news about his condition. Thanks.

39. Flavor said, on February 21, 2013 at 7:20 pm

This day day did not start off well. I woke up feeling like shit. Long week. Long fucking week. I got to work, opened the door and 50 of my co-workers were standing there shouting out a “HB 2 You” thing. It was awesome, I don’t think I’ve ever had that many people sing HB to me.
    In the PM I beat a couple of liars who kicked off the critical incident review committee that I’m dealing with. Loved that, halfway home on restoring my good name (and keeping my job).
    I got home and my daughter belted out a song she wrote on her recorder, it was about 2 minutes long. Lots of missed notes but she was clearly reading the music and that made me declare it the most perfect song ever written.
    And then I found myself chatting with the 9-1-1 people and Fire and Po-Po in about 6 different counties trying to find Michael.
    I still don’t know how he’s doing but I know he made it to the ER. I don’t *pray* but I’m praying for good news.
    Gonna have dinner now with my bright shining angel and will go to bed happy tonight, the first time I’ve felt that in weeks………

40. dirtnrocksnomo said, on February 21, 2013 at 7:29 pm

Flav, you’re top shelf man. Top shelf.

Michael, I know your probably busy but we’re all thinking of you.

41. DJLoo said, on February 21, 2013 at 7:54 pm

The last time I got excited about my birthday was 1962.
    Grandpa got me Mr. Machine.

42. DJLoo said, on February 21, 2013 at 8:02 pm

Mr. Machine was sort of a wind-up transparent little robot.
    The only thing he ever did was chase me around the kitchen.

• snarkk said, on February 21, 2013 at 8:32 pm

Call up Pat Burrell.
      He might be able to accommodate you with another chase…

43. xoot said, on February 21, 2013 at 8:38 pm

Wow. Quite a day at the Flap.
    BF, I’m familiar with PSAP (911 dispatcher) protocols, and the whole point is for them to take charge with their questions. When you give them honest info., the protocol is supposed to determine whether to send the sirens. You clearly did the right thing, in light of the ambiguous distress messages from TF.
    As to the other distresses you and Chico are facing, I don’t know what to say except I sympathize.

Let’s hope TF’s seizure isn’t serious.

44. snarkk said, on February 21, 2013 at 9:01 pm

We should, too, keep Blade in our thoughts, he’s on the “Sukhumvit” trail with Paul, on a journey that could prove dangerous. I researched a bit. They may come across treacherous places like Soi Cowboy, Nana Plaza, G-Spot, Cassanova, Lollipop, Pretty Lady, Red Lips, Temptations, Tilac, Baccara, Kiss, and Deja Vu A Go Go. Blade, the only 911 help you’re going to get is Paul helping you decide whether that many bhat is worth a club soda and an hour of private tourguiding from one of the locals at the bar you did NOT tell to get lost …

• blade3colorado said, on February 22, 2013 at 2:37 am

Home run snarkk. 🙂

I am at the Sheraton now . . . Sort of like the exact opposite of the Park hotel where Paul and I were at. But guess what? For all the amenities that the Sheraton has, I like the Park better. Umm, correction – I like the area the Park is at. Hehehe.

I see below where Twin checked in. Very happy to hear that and I am sure the details will come out later.

Very big, big appreciation toward PaulinAsia, as he was instrumental in introducing me to Mimi, a travel agent, who has me booked for 8 days in Chiang Mai, a northern town in Thailand, where I am going to go on a two day elephant trek (yes, my mode of transportation is an elephant) and I will be among tigers and other exotic wildlife. As part of this trip, I am also going to Pai, a hot springs area for a couple of days of R & R, after the elephant trek in the north mountain jungle. Mimi – was able to get all of the aforementioned, airfare, bus transport, taxis, hotels, trek accommodations and food for under $700. Thanks Paul. Regardless of what happens, short of being trampled by an elephant or eaten as an appetizer by a tiger, I am going to have a great time!

• snarkk said, on February 22, 2013 at 11:11 am

Trek sounds great. But, a little less exotic and dangerous than your Sukhuvit Sojurns…

• blade3colorado said, on February 23, 2013 at 1:01 am

LOL. Yes, definitely Tom.

45. Macdog said, on February 21, 2013 at 9:12 pm

Hope everything is OK with Twin. And Flav, you’re one helluva guy. Enjoy the rest of your birthday.

46. twinfan1 said, on February 21, 2013 at 10:49 pm

As you know. Craig was aces. I’m done in today. Talk tomorrow.

47. twinfan1 said, on February 22, 2013 at 5:07 am