A Place To Talk About Giants Baseball

The No-Chance Teams in 2013

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on April 3, 2013

_____________________________

In the meantime, I thought I’d toss out my list of teams that can’t make the 2013 post season. It’s actually a very short list. The A’s and O’s proved last year that you don’t have to have a 100+ million payroll to make the playoffs. And there are many recent years that prove that anyone can win once they make it to the post season and get hot. And if you do some shifty book keeping and subtract Zito and Rowand’s salaries from the Giants 2010 team, we won that World Series with a payroll of about 65 million. So not only can you win a World Series on a budget, getting to the post season is doable for every team in the league. With the exception of….

The Houston (L)astros. Bud Norris is their highest paid player at 3 million this year. Their team payroll is 26 million. I love Altuve. And that’s about it. Obviously, they have no shot at the post season in 2013.

The Minnesota Can'(T)wins. Kevin Correia is their #1. ‘Nuff said.

The Miami Mar(losses). Loria is scum. And the team has no chance. Free Stanton.

The Chicago Flubs. I like what Theo is trying to do in Chi-Town but this is not the year. No chance for the playoffs.

The San Diego Patsy’s. They have a decent bullpen and a couple of hitters, but there’s no way they make the post season having to play so many games against LA, SF and Arizona.

God dammit I want to put the Yankees on this list. SOOOOOO badly. But I can’t, mostly because of their ability to add-on, if they choose to do so, before the break. But they are stuck right now. Their team is old and/or on the DL. They’re playing a boatload of games against a division that is rock solid right now. But I just can’t put them on this list.

But I will put The New York Mess on the list. They have a couple of starting pitchers that I like (Niese, Harvey and Gee) and their corner infielders (Wright and Davis) can bang when they’re healthy (never guaranteed) but I still don’t think they have a chance to make the 2013 post season. But what do I know, maybe a mid season call up of Zach Wheeler will put them over the top. 🙂

1. eddacker said, on April 3, 2013 at 6:50 am

it is just past 2 pm and I am listening to vin scully while watching last nights bumgardner game. the dodgers suck it is really ugly to see all the blue in the audience.g.
    Arias @ first is having a good game as is Madison.
    great ocean and you are right about dodger pitching – wry- as their number two pitcher with what’s his name from the red sox & Barbara injured.
    hahahaha
    Praying 4 Timmeh 2moro

2. twinfan1 said, on April 3, 2013 at 7:42 am

“The Dodgers can’t score unless Clayton Kershaw is starting the rally. Trip on that for a bit….”
    I wouldn’t be so smug considering what it’s taken for us to score. Really, It’s 2 games, both of these teams are to be there.
    Definitely time for a few of my “truthful and informative ” posts.
    James helped me with a golden nugget: The SF Great Hackers of 2012 !
    So, first, the quiz: how many players with 200 or more AB with SF in 2012 were harder to walk than Sandoval? 1? 2? 3? 4?
    You’re not even close yet.
    Keep going, and I’ll check back later see how you’re all doing.

3. eddacker said, on April 3, 2013 at 8:07 am

Nice game, until all y’alls comments got me looking for the snot-rockets. But Sergio saves. Excellent game for Madison and loved seeing Arias starting off well.

Hey, that guy is all right!

4. chipower9 said, on April 3, 2013 at 8:13 am

I would add the Rox, possibly the Tribe, and similar to you with the Yank-Mees, I am tempted to put the Red Sox there, too (but for the same reasons as the Yanks…would not).

I think it a matter of time before the Bums collectively find their hitting shoes. I think they’ll put up more runs than us this year, but the Giants still win the West.

Hoping for a good outing by Big Time Timmy Jim today. Would be SO SWEET to come outta the Latrine with a series win!

5. willedav said, on April 3, 2013 at 8:47 am

bloggers on cbs game tracker got off a couple good ones last night re: Sellers. One said he was going to be returned to AA at the half inning, other wondered if he would be first with more career errors than hits. Kind of reminded me of Billy Martin and Shooty Babbitt.
    Wasn’t Luis Cruz supposed to be the SS?

• chipower9 said, on April 3, 2013 at 9:39 am

I believe Cruz was pegged to start at SS, and HanRam at 3rd, but since HanRam is out, they moved Cruz over to 3rd.

• salty said, on April 3, 2013 at 9:54 am

I’m pretty sure Ramirez was going to be at SS… Everyone was comparing Han and Craw.

6. dirtnrocksnomo said, on April 3, 2013 at 8:47 am

Anyone else see Baggs story on Lincecum? Krukow spoke to the topic this morning and gave some of his insight on Lincecum. He talked about his relationships in the clubhouse, saying he’s so involved with his teammates and feel likes he has let them down. From the outside looking in Lincecum has always seemed to me to be on an island all alone. Remember Vogglesong reaching out to him in the dugout last season? It was as if nobody had even talked to him about what he was going through. Obviously I am not there day to day and I am sure others have talked to him but maybe it wasn’t sinking in or whatever. I think the path he has been on has been interesting. I hope he stays with the club after this year. Just not at $20M per which I don’t think he will get anywhere anyways.

• zumiee said, on April 3, 2013 at 9:18 am

I didn’t see the article, but I saw Baggs talking about it during one of the pre-game shows. He said Lincecum was leery of doing a longterm deal a few yeas ago because he saw what a thing it became for Zito, hanging over Zito’s head, and he was kind of concerned about that. Which, in retrospect, it was a good thing he didn’t do it. A good thing for the ballclub, but also for Lincecum. He’s got plenty of cash, and he doesn’t have the fans full of angst over his contract.
      If he struggles this season as a starter, he’ll be converted to a reliever. One of his big problems has been getting through the batting order a second time, and as a late inning reliever that’s not an issue.
      Hopefully, he finds a way to get it done as a starter.

• zumiee said, on April 3, 2013 at 9:22 am

I hope he’s a Giant next season, but I know the odds have decreased on that.

• dirtnrocksnomo said, on April 3, 2013 at 9:37 am

Hard to tell what motivates Lincecum. I think he’s already made close to $60-70M. Maybe he’s open to remaining part of the club regardless of results this year.

7. Alleykat said, on April 3, 2013 at 8:55 am

Twin…For Sure Hector,and I will guess Theriot,Arias,Crawford, Melky,Pence?,Scoots?

• twinfan1 said, on April 3, 2013 at 9:10 am

Yep. Even our lead off hitter- that’s bad.

8. zumiee said, on April 3, 2013 at 9:05 am

Very cool game last night. Watching the Dodgers unravel last night was fun. And what was with the Dodger pitcher barely jogging to firstbase on that grounder to third? Was he injured? He kind of put me off from the first by taking #99 as his uniform number. I thought- what a goofball. Then he stared down the umpire on a call, and got a stank-eye from the ump. And then he practically walked to first on a groundout.
    Their young replacement shortstop showed the yips, which is to be expected. The big leagues are the SHOW, and that’s big-time pressure. It takes some getting used to.
    Bumgarner was DOMINANT GIANTS BASEBALL, DEFENDING CHAMPS, WINNER OF 2 OUT OF 3 WORLD SERIES. Message got sent to L.A. and the L.A. Times, and reminded the Dodgers and their fans what’s up.

9. chipower9 said, on April 3, 2013 at 9:50 am

Here is a link to the article (Baggs/Timmy) that Dirt mentioned.

Have heard Belt is still a bit green…no decision yet on if he plays tonight.

10. eddacker said, on April 3, 2013 at 9:52 am

Scully said wry-you thought the ball was foul, he isn’t that slow a runner *grins* And did anyone notice the stands were (virtually) empty the last two innings? Just good to know that the 2013 new-owners-new-team company line hasn’t changed the fans habits just yet. Cannot wait for errors and loses to become dysfunctional dugout.
    Let me know what month is acceptable to begin gloating, in a respectful San Francisco sort of way. and play ball Your 2013 San Francisco Giants the reigning World Series champions.

• chipower9 said, on April 3, 2013 at 10:10 am

The Bums could have a “one BILLION (queue Dr. Evil) dollar payroll” and it would not change the LA fans. They will always be late to arrive and early to leave. Pussy-assed fans if there ever were any…

11. salty said, on April 3, 2013 at 9:55 am

Very satisfying to see Bum”s effort. LA will absolutely need Greinke because Ryu wasn’t impressive. He looked like he doesn’t give a shit.

• chipower9 said, on April 3, 2013 at 10:17 am

Yeah, I know it is only one start that I have seen, but the money they threw at this dude is questionable, at best.

They paid a 25.7 mil fee just to negotiate with his agent, and the contract itself is 6 years/36 mil (with an out clause after 5 years if he has pitched 750 or more innings).

• Macdog said, on April 3, 2013 at 10:23 am

Yeah, if that guy’s the No. 2 starter — for the time being, anyway — there’s no reason to lose much sleep over the Dodgers.

12. salty said, on April 3, 2013 at 10:16 am

Looks like Wheeler will be up this summer. Interesting the Mets AAA team is now in Vegas and part of the PCL.

• chipower9 said, on April 3, 2013 at 10:27 am

Ah, I did not know that the Mets changed AAA affiliates. The 51s are in the same division as the Sacramento Rivercats, and the 51s open in Sac tomorrow. Wheeler is slated to start. I won’t be able to make it, but if anyone goes, it would be cool to get a report on Wheeler.

13. dirtnrocksnomo said, on April 3, 2013 at 10:16 am

Check this out when you get a chance. http://tinyurl.com/bnfchva. Talk about an ugly finder. The dude I mean. Looks like his lady is tougher than him. Not seeing wedding bells in the future for these two.

• chipower9 said, on April 3, 2013 at 10:19 am

What a puss…I would have been trying to catch that bad boy, glove or not.

• twinfan1 said, on April 3, 2013 at 11:38 am

At least they didn’t ID him. It’s a regrettable( in this case) but common reaction to jump away as this poor guy did. That kind of crap (the video ) is one of the unfortunate consequences of the electronic age.

• dirtnrocksnomo said, on April 3, 2013 at 11:48 am

Sorry if it offends you Twin. I found humor in it.

• twinfan1 said, on April 3, 2013 at 11:57 am

It didn’t offend me, wrong term.Congrats, BTW. I hope it goes well, life is indeed beautiful when a child is born..

• twinfan1 said, on April 3, 2013 at 12:10 pm

I’d think we’ve all done things we pray weren’t captured for all to see. If one thinks the video is funny without passing judgement on this poor guy, that’s cool. Unfortunately many people will ridicule him. Just my opinion.

• dirtnrocksnomo said, on April 3, 2013 at 5:59 pm

Thanks Michael. I appreciate it. New beginnings are always exciting. Hope you’re doing well.

• twinfan1 said, on April 3, 2013 at 6:32 pm

We need to take advantage of every moment with our children, every memory. We just don’t what the future will hold for our children no matter how much we hope we’ve done well by them…

14. dirtnrocksnomo said, on April 3, 2013 at 10:38 am

Sorry for all the links fellas but trying to keep the mind occupied today. This one is especially good in my opinion.

• chipower9 said, on April 3, 2013 at 11:14 am

Awesome story…thanks for sharing. I just ordered the book.

15. Irish Kevin said, on April 3, 2013 at 11:35 am

So a couple of questions, this is only 1 game, so if Timmy faulters how many games does he start before they even think of moving him to the pen. and who will replace him in the starting rotation? from reports that I have read the Giants don’t really have any quality pitching in the minors and if the Giants do end up putting Tim in the pen, and heaven forbid should another starter go down. Again who would come up. One top analyst(?) brought this up during sping training. Didn’t hear about any replacements it something like this were to happen. The Giants have been very lucky that the injury bug has not bitten any of the starters. Knock on wood, say a little prayer whatever it takes to keep that bug away.

• twinfan1 said, on April 3, 2013 at 11:52 am

I think it depends on how he’s throwing. If it’s like last year, welcome to the 20 million dollar middle reliever. I’d guess that Petit would be the first option to replace Timmy,maybe Heston if it wasn’t an immediate thing. Shit, weird how now he wouldn’t be worth Alex Rios…

16. Macdog said, on April 3, 2013 at 12:04 pm

Read a Phillies story last night about Roy Halladay and how tonight’s game against the Braves is a big start after a lousy 2012 and a spring training in which he didn’t inspire much confidence. Sound familiar?

17. blade3colorado said, on April 3, 2013 at 12:20 pm

No chance teams? Rockies definitely. Down and out with flu. Good night all. New blog thread at my site. Go Giants!

18. unca_chuck said, on April 3, 2013 at 12:47 pm

As far as the video goes, who wouldn’t try to catch that? I’ve been to hundreds of games, and have only been close to getting a ball maybe 8-10 times. If one was coming right at me, I’d at least try. This doof lets his GF take it in the face? Bad form, dude.

Shit, my grandfather broke his leg at Wrigley somewhen around 1919 going after a foul ball. He got it. Unfortunately, my uncle got the baseball when papa died.. . .

• dirtnrocksnomo said, on April 3, 2013 at 12:54 pm

I thought that too. Maybe he thought it would hurt too much. As opposed to his GF taking it in the grill. My uncle and I would go to games together when I was a kid. He’s a pretty tall guy and we had a deal that if a ball came our way he would hold people off and I would go for the ball. Came close maybe once. As you said, it is so rare to even have one near you. This guy gets one on a rope right at him and goes all mamby pamby? Whatever.

• chipower9 said, on April 3, 2013 at 1:16 pm

Probably a Dodger fan…

• twinfan1 said, on April 3, 2013 at 3:00 pm

It looks like they both have rings so that changes everything.Maybe he saw the chance of a lifetime and he couldn’t pass it up. He moves from cringing sissy boy to calculating stud just like that. Probably has a bevy busty sluts on the side.

• twinfan1 said, on April 3, 2013 at 1:53 pm

More likely, he reacted as many have without thinking.Fans duck, dodge, and avoid foul ba;ls etc, all the time. I’m sure he’s mortified and I’m sure the the guy wwho shot the video is is proud of himself. Yeah, whatever,… I didn’t like many here making fun of Belt’s wife last year, either.

• twinfan1 said, on April 3, 2013 at 2:04 pm

The notion that that guy avoided the ball knowing that he was placing his lady friend in danger is very unlikely. As I said, the poor guy reacted as many have and is mortified by the outcome.

• unca_chuck said, on April 3, 2013 at 5:23 pm

Why dio you have to react so vehemently? It really is no big deal. When you poke fun at others, all’s well. But some poor anonymous internet dweeb is verboten. I mean this ain’t Bartman or anything.

• twinfan1 said, on April 3, 2013 at 5:50 pm

I wasn’t vehement with anyone here, Chuckles. Or anybody anywhere. In fact it’s kinda funny that Dirt can’t even acknowledge my well wishes for his great news.

Go bother someone else.

• dirtnrocksnomo said, on April 3, 2013 at 6:03 pm

Twin, I responded to you above and not because I saw this first but because believe it or not I work most of the day. Sorry if it wasn’t quick enough for you. I was taught that well wishes aren’t given in expectation of response or acknowledgement but from a pure heart. I don’t want to get into a back and forth with you. I have happiness and hope in my house and family as we anticipate this joyous occasion. I wish you nothing but the best.

19. Alleykat said, on April 3, 2013 at 1:42 pm

Let’s see BF,Your giving the Pirates with 19 straight losing seasons a shot at making the playoffs?
    Playoffs? Playoffs? Pirates in the Playoffs?
    Well alrighty then!!”

• twinfan1 said, on April 3, 2013 at 2:34 pm

Last year was a mistake.

• chipower9 said, on April 3, 2013 at 3:16 pm

Yeah, I was going to say the Pirates need to be included, but aren’t they a really looooong shot to make the playoffs? PLAYOFFS?! (Where in the hell is Jim Mora when you need him???)

20. zumiee said, on April 3, 2013 at 2:08 pm

Dirt, thanks for the book link. I’m always jotting down possible future books to read. And thanks, Pawlie, for your recommendation yesterday.

• dirtnrocksnomo said, on April 3, 2013 at 2:23 pm

No problem. Looks like a great book. On the topic of baseball way back when, I spent a lot of time talking with my wife’s grandfather over easter dinner. If I have it figured right he is 90-91 now. He seems like he is in his 70s though with his mind still sharp. He was telling me how when he was in high school baseball was deemed too dangerous for freshman. It was believed their bodies weren’t developed enough. As a results the freshman played with a larger softer ball which he said was comparable to a softball today but not as lively. He grew up somewhere in Missouri on a farm and talked of going to see the Stl Browns and how everyone went to games back then. It was cool stuff.

• zumiee said, on April 3, 2013 at 2:42 pm

Great story. It’s great to think of a time when baseball was the number one sport in America, truly America’s pastime, and I guess it won’t be that way again. Football seems to get more attention, especially from younger fans.

21. zumiee said, on April 3, 2013 at 2:09 pm

“If it’s like last year, welcome to the 20 million dollar middle reliever. ”

If that’s what ends up happening, then I’ll consider it money well-deserved for what he helped bring to the Giants organization in his time here.

• twinfan1 said, on April 3, 2013 at 2:20 pm

No, it doesn’t work that way.

• twinfan1 said, on April 3, 2013 at 2:24 pm

I don’t anticipate it coming to that, anyway,.

22. Flavor said, on April 3, 2013 at 2:39 pm

I wouldn’t put Colorado, Cleveland or Pitt on that list. I’m not saying I like them to make the playoffs, just that each of those teams has enough players to fiddle around at .500 or a little better, maybe make a move or two at the break and it wouldn’t shock me if one of them snagged the play-in WC game. Of the three I just listed, I’d say Pitt has the best pitching staff so if any of them were gonna do it, it would probably be them if a guy like Starling Marte went off out of nowhere. I’m very interested to see if Grilli can duplicate that unreal year he had last year (out of nowhere) and be a dominant closer this year.
    Colorado has some good hitters on it. They’ve got Tulo back and I love Josh Rutledge this year. And Cleveland is at least spending money for once, you never know what Bourn and Swisher will do for them.

• zumiee said, on April 3, 2013 at 2:45 pm

I picked Colorado to finish ahead of the Padres. I just can’t imagine the Rockies finishing in last place if Tulo plays all year. It just seems to me like he would single-handedly drag his team ahead of the Padres. But, his injury rate is high, so it’s questionable he’ll play a whole season.

• Flavor said, on April 3, 2013 at 2:59 pm

agreed. And obviously, for a team like the Rockies, Pirates or Cleveland to make the playoffs, they have to have no injuries + young players who surprise + add at the break. I don’t see any of that happening but it could. Maybe.
        Remember, no one saw the A’s or the O’s making it last year, or even gave them a chance to.

• twinfan1 said, on April 3, 2013 at 3:19 pm

I have the Pads ahead of the Rockies and not that far off the top three. The Rockies are terrible. If they played anywhere but Nepal they’d lose 110 games.

• Flavor said, on April 3, 2013 at 3:35 pm

The Rockies aren’t terrible. They’re not great, but they have some players. Car-Go, Tulo, Fowler’s ok, Cuddyer can hit the ball well if he’s not hurt and Rosario might lead the NL in HR’s for a C. ANd as I said, I’m a big Rutledge fan.
        There pitching sucks, at least their starters, but their bullpen is adequate. I think they’re going to have a better record than the Padres.

• twinfan1 said, on April 3, 2013 at 3:54 pm

Well, they’re not terrible in Nepal. I’m sure you’ve seen their splits. We disagree about them.

23. Flavor said, on April 3, 2013 at 2:44 pm

I’d be fine with the Giants turning Timmy into a super reliever again. It was an amazing move by Bochy last year. The timing is going to be a little off. Timmy has to suck for at least 2 months and then the Giants need to go get a pitcher at the break to replace him. But 2 months of Tim sucking doesn’t quite get us to the trade deadline.
    Still, Bochy could cut down on some of the innings for Bum, Cain, Voggy, Zito and New Guy (by having Tim do his thing a couple of times a week) and our staff would be fresh going into the playoffs. Bum’s arm was pretty dead by September.

• twinfan1 said, on April 3, 2013 at 2:56 pm

The “super reliever” worked then, but whether he’d hold up under a steady diet of it is questionable since stamina was a big issue. IMO. I have him with a nice bounce back year, but it’s hope more than anything else. Nothing would surprise me

• Flavor said, on April 3, 2013 at 3:01 pm

well, he’s definitely in better shape this year. physically, he looks like a different guy to me.I’m going to chalk his poor spring up to the blister. He gets two reg season starts before I start writing scathing posts about him. 🙂

24. Flavor said, on April 3, 2013 at 2:45 pm

I will say that I don’t think Tim is gonna suck this year. I really do believe he’s going to be productive. Not *CY productive* but something in the Voggy range or a little worse.

25. Flavor said, on April 3, 2013 at 3:12 pm

Uribe’s getting a start tonight at third…..

• chipower9 said, on April 3, 2013 at 3:34 pm

7.Uribe 3B
      8.A.J. Ellis C
      9.Beckett P

• Flavor said, on April 3, 2013 at 3:36 pm

fantastic! No Kershaw = no rallies. Timmy should mow through that shit 🙂

26. Irish Kevin said, on April 3, 2013 at 3:36 pm

Here is what women talk about baseball players

27. Flavor said, on April 3, 2013 at 3:41 pm

The fact that Rutgers didn’t fire Rice until this video went public is a disgrace to all who are involved. If I was a parent of one of those kids I would love to meet up with him privately for a bit. I wouldn’t do this to him, I don’t think, but I’d want to

28. Macdog said, on April 3, 2013 at 3:47 pm

I thought Vance Worley was the Twins’ #1 since he started the opener and Correia pitched today. No matter, if they’re the Twins’ top two pitchers, football season can’t come soon enough up there.

• Flavor said, on April 3, 2013 at 3:50 pm

it’s a fluid spot in Minnesota. 🙂

29. eddacker said, on April 3, 2013 at 3:58 pm

Do I read the schedule correctly in that there are 3 day games F-S-Sun?
    great news, if I can get some audio or video

• zumiee said, on April 3, 2013 at 4:20 pm

You must adapt, Ed! You must evolve! Do…the…evolution!!

• zumiee said, on April 3, 2013 at 4:29 pm

Hey, there’s actually a baseball connection. That video was done by Todd McFarlane, the guy who paid a million dollars for one of McGwire’s record homerun balls. D’oh!!!

30. Flavor said, on April 3, 2013 at 4:18 pm

The Tigers are gonna be in a shitload of trouble if they don’t get their bullpen sorted out. Coke is not the answer at closer. I don’t understand why they were fiddling around all Winter. They correctly identified that Valverde sucked and then they never replaced him. They should have signed Soriano. Shit, their payroll is already at 150 mil, bump it up a little.

• zumiee said, on April 3, 2013 at 4:30 pm

They raved all winter about their rookie Rondon, or whatever his name is, and how they were going to go with him, and then….they didn’t. He’s now in AAA.

• zumiee said, on April 3, 2013 at 4:33 pm

I guess Rondon’s ST appearances underwhelmed.

• Flavor said, on April 3, 2013 at 4:37 pm

I know. BUt how far off was their assessment of this guy that they didn’t even give him a shot this year? For a 150 mil payroll, that doesn’t seem like much of a plan to me. That’s *let’s hope this works* stuff. Now, they’re fucked, unless someone steps up (and I don’t see anyone on their roster who’s going to)

31. twinfan1 said, on April 3, 2013 at 4:43 pm

Christopher Walken saves the world from Martin Sheen, who outdoes the bad boy baseball fan..

32. twinfan1 said, on April 3, 2013 at 6:17 pm

Results of the “I can’t wallk, the guys will think I’m a Sissy” 2012 competition.
    1. Hector 1 walk per 43.6 AB
    2. Arias 1 per 24.5
    3. Scutaro 1 per 20.6
    4. Theriot 1 per 14.6
    5.Crawford 1 per 13.2 AB
    6. Melky 1 per 12.75 AB
    7 Pagan 1 per 12.6 AB
    8.Pence 1 per 11.5 AB
    9.Sandoval 1 per 10.4 AB
    10. Posey 1 per 7.7 AB
    10.Blanco 1 per 7.7 AB
    12.Belt 1 per 7.6 AB

• Flavor said, on April 3, 2013 at 6:23 pm

not really understanding the headline of these results but anyway….Pablo’s walk rate has tripled since he came into the league. I think we all saw his more ,patient approach last year. I’m more worried about him staying healthy than I am about how big he is. I’ll be very surprised if it’s the Giants who give him a mega deal. They know him best and they know as he ages the injuries will increase, not decrease………

• twinfan1 said, on April 3, 2013 at 6:58 pm

Oh, I’ve never thought they’d give him a mega deal. As far as the injuries, I don’t know what the future will bring. I do know, as I posted before, that other than the hamate injuries he’s only missed 42 total games in 4 full years,

33. twinfan1 said, on April 3, 2013 at 6:41 pm

It’s a follow up on walk rates from last night. It’s just some factual info, not just about Pablo, Does it bother you for some reason? But anyway, he was stiil the poster boy hacker last year, much more talk of that than talk of his more patient approach.

• twinfan1 said, on April 3, 2013 at 6:53 pm

The “headline” was just being silly.

• Flavor said, on April 3, 2013 at 6:54 pm

bother me? My post was saying that it was already known. Who didn’t know that Pablo got more patient last year? But thanks for reminding us….

• twinfan1 said, on April 3, 2013 at 7:06 pm

As I said, there was far more bitching about his hacking than talk of his more patient approach. It was already known that even our lead off hitter was more of a hacker? I don’t think so.

34. Sandy said, on April 3, 2013 at 6:57 pm

How about a new thread for the game?

• Flavor said, on April 3, 2013 at 6:58 pm