A Place To Talk About Giants Baseball

Spoiled With Riches

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on May 6, 2013

You know I’m getting spoiled when I’m bummed that I don’t have a walk off/late inning heroic video to post. You mean all we did is win 4-3? No come from behind? How does that even work?

sweep

Who sells off faster at the break? Blue Jays? Angels? Dodgers?

Brandon Crawford is 2 for his last 29. Just sayin’.

Cliff Lee in town tonight. One of the great memories of my baseball life was October 27th, 2010. Man, what a game….

___________________

Side note example of why hockey sucks. Outside of the bald dude who seems to know he’s surrounded by 4 d-bags, it’s hard to not both laugh and cry at this picture. The dude with the sign should be fucked with in as many ways as is disturbing possible to leave him with a litany of emotional problems. The 2 hair idiots are the worst possible fans you could ever be forced to sit next to. The black guy just makes me smile, it’s almost like he’s getting paid off to look like that.

fucktoronto

1. dirtnrocksnomo said, on May 6, 2013 at 6:36 am

The 27th? Was that when Lee was running off the field with his tail between his legs after getting knocked around by the Giants?

Not sure if it was mentioned on the other thread but ESPN threw up a comparison of Bumgarner and Lee last night. I think it was career numbers and they were pretty similar. I’ll take the younger 2 time WS champ thanks.

2. Ryan said, on May 6, 2013 at 6:36 am

Blue Jays. Angels and Dodgers will hold onto their hired guns with their cold dead hands. Josh Johnson anyone? Edwin Encarnacion (E-5) ??

3. PawlieKokonuts said, on May 6, 2013 at 6:57 am

Ah yes. 10.27.10. Met Herr Blogmeister Flaveur, waited in line by the Cove hearing reports of the game THAT LEE LOST, caught an inning or two in the Knothole, behind either Nate or Vlad, celebrated and whooped it up, feared the Mays statue might be toppled by wild fans.

Happy 82nd birthday today, Willie.

4. willedav said, on May 6, 2013 at 7:06 am

Yeah, bout time craw re takes the 8 spot from belt (never liked seeing belt down there). Over all tho, LU looks great to me with contributions from everyone. Torres got it started and Pence finished things off nicely last night, and pitching made 4 hold up.
    I realize neither team is at full strength but last two series I did not think LA or AZ were near the team SF was. Giants hammered both pens, defense was solid and the LU had more pop and balance.
    Carl Crawford looks like the real deal, but Kemp and Ethier just aren’t near as scary, and LAs left side of IF has major issues. AZ doesn’t seem near as scary offensively either beside Golds.
    Philly just got embarrassed by losing a series to the Stanton less Marlins, which is never good. Bet that was not a happy flight out here. Their bats seem to shrivel up and die at ATT. See if Lincecum and Zito can keep them quiet.

5. twinfan1 said, on May 6, 2013 at 7:38 am

Well, we’re not chasing the DBacks quite yet…

6. Bozo said, on May 6, 2013 at 7:50 am

The Giants – A thirst for first!

7. Alleykat said, on May 6, 2013 at 8:25 am

Sweeping the Dodgers always makes me happy!!:)

8. Irish Kevin said, on May 6, 2013 at 9:18 am

Yes, two walk offs, a swep, and landing in first all a lone!! great weekend

9. chipower9 said, on May 6, 2013 at 10:07 am

Awesome weekend. Was sweet to see Posey get his first walk-off. Then Quiroz…and on an 0-2 count, WOW.

Great to see Cain get off the snide (Giant starters with 11 NDs prior to yesterday…I could not believe that stat).

Wanted to drop-in on the Flap during the weekend games, but I always seem to get busy (dinner, etc.) and invariably put the game on pause and am on a delay (have to tell my close Giant friends that I am on a delay so they do not spoil my watching the game).

Lee vs. MadBum Snotmeister tonight. Should be a good one (I have class with the agility dogs tonight, so hope to get home to catch the end of it).

I had heard Pagan is day-to-day. Anyone see or hear updates?

10. twinfan1 said, on May 6, 2013 at 11:20 am

Crawford is going to have a fine year, as in .260 10-50 .720 OPS. With his defense that makes him one of the top 3 or 4 shortstops in the NL. But he’s still a 7 or 8 hitter in this LU. That’s not a bad thing…
    OK- a cranky guy rant: I know a lot of people think it’s cool for some bizarre reason, but MadBum’s snot rocket routine is disgusting. He should go a doctor if he can’t control it, otherwise his Mommy should tell him to knock it off or she’ll slap the snot out of him. Thank You, now back to the regularly scheduled programming…

11. unca_chuck said, on May 6, 2013 at 11:56 am

I was going to say, or maybe it was my imagnination, but I didn’t see near the usual amount of farmer sneezes by Bummie last game.

If he shoots and wins, fire away. I could care less. From a sport that brings you endless crotch grabs, tobacco spitting, gum chomping, and usually terrible reditions of the star spangled banner, what’s a few snot rockets among friends?

12. unca_chuck said, on May 6, 2013 at 11:58 am

Still have that 10/27/10 game on the ol’ DVR . . . Got to take a gander at that again.

13. twinfan1 said, on May 6, 2013 at 12:19 pm

When the old crotch grab ends up with…use you imagination here…
    it will out gross Madbums routine….which is disgusting whether he goes 28-3 or 3-28.

• unca_chuck said, on May 6, 2013 at 2:55 pm

You can supply your own happy endings, Mike.

14. twinfan1 said, on May 6, 2013 at 12:35 pm

There’s a blog for phlegm enthusiasts, http://bumgarnersnotrockets.mlblogs.com/
    It has official snot rocket totals.

15. dirtnrocksnomo said, on May 6, 2013 at 1:06 pm

I’ve seen in mentioned that a good manager will only give a club 1-2 wins in a season. How many games will a bad manager lose in the course of a season? Seems like more to me. Donny2Times made some suspect moves in the series over the past weekend and cost his team at least one win.

• chipower9 said, on May 6, 2013 at 1:48 pm

I will be surprised if Mattingly makes it through the season.

• dirtnrocksnomo said, on May 6, 2013 at 1:55 pm

Me too. Socia’s days are numbered in Anaheim. He’ll probably just make the move the the dodgers but who cares eh?

• Alleykat said, on May 6, 2013 at 1:55 pm

Me too Chi…What would be hilarious if they replaced him with Bobby Valentine.

• chipower9 said, on May 6, 2013 at 2:46 pm

I heard that (Scioscia) being kicked-around the other day (cannot recall where)…would not be surprised to see him back in Dodger Blue…

16. unca_chuck said, on May 6, 2013 at 2:41 pm

Yeah, someone on MSTI posted something like that. Replace Donnie 2x with Bobby V, let the train wreck occur, get a high draft choice, and move on from there with Scocia.

17. unca_chuck said, on May 6, 2013 at 2:56 pm

Just found that Mike Scoscia’s Termnal Illness site. Generally pretty good stuff, but Christ, they get a shitload of traffic. They are up to 570 posts and the thread was started this morning.

• Alleykat said, on May 6, 2013 at 3:13 pm

Nothing wrong with Scoscia is there Chuck?
      I mean he’s not Terminal like the Dodgers.

• unca_chuck said, on May 6, 2013 at 3:19 pm

Well, Scoscia was there for the time when the Dodgers were the most vile team in the history of sportsdom. But other than that, no.

18. unca_chuck said, on May 6, 2013 at 3:17 pm

Sometime you can’t outrun your name:

Yikes. Dropping the dime on your son? Father of the year candidate . . .

19. twinfan1 said, on May 6, 2013 at 4:09 pm

“Angel Pagan is out again, but he is running with the bullpen guys at the moment and doesn’t look hobbled at all. Shouldn’t be more than another day or two.”
    Angel: limp a *little*, dude.

20. salty said, on May 6, 2013 at 5:16 pm

Maybe the timing is right with Andres 4-6, a hr. Gives Peguero some ab’s. I see no reason to rush it with Angel.

• twinfan1 said, on May 6, 2013 at 6:00 pm

Oh, I was just kidding around. Maybe it would look better if he wore an AFO and he could kick it off in the on deck circle before his PH walk-off..

21. Flavor said, on May 6, 2013 at 6:07 pm

Jeez, I didn’t realize how long Otis Nixon played for. 620 stolen bases? That’s good for 16th on the all time list. We had his bro Donell–47 career steals for him. Otis made 19 million in his career. Donell is listed at having made $400K for his career.
    If getting busted for crack and blaming it on his son is what the *19 million dollar* Nixon is doing these days I can’t imagine what his bro is up to.

22. twinfan1 said, on May 6, 2013 at 6:15 pm

Merna’s still a little pissed that I fingered her on my skunk weed stash. I mean, it wasn’t like she did hard time or anything.

• Flavor said, on May 6, 2013 at 6:38 pm

there are a couple of different unsavory, juvenile ways I could respond to this post but now that I’m in my forties I’m trying to be more mature. 🙂

• eddacker said, on May 6, 2013 at 6:58 pm

the imagination boggles at 3am. I may still be juvenile. Penile even.

• twinfan1 said, on May 6, 2013 at 6:54 pm

That’s OK, it won’t work. I can attest from personal and observed behavior that unsavory, juvenile ways only worsen with age..

23. eddacker said, on May 6, 2013 at 7:00 pm

Woke just in time for K & K on the knbr. giving props to Hershiser talking about the ‘never say die’ Gmen.

not sure how you guys put up with this station. 2 minutes of talk 5 minutes of adverts.

• zumiee said, on May 6, 2013 at 7:17 pm

I hardly ever listen to KNBR unless it’s a Giants game while I’m driving. I used to listen to Tolbert once in a while, but since they’ve added Ray Ratto to his show, forget about it. Their chemistry together is awful, because Ratto is so negative.

• eddacker said, on May 6, 2013 at 7:22 pm

negativity in the press? quelle surprise
        youse guys have the option of CSBA. And I need to setup an internet feed on the telly at me mum’s new fairfield place.

• zumiee said, on May 6, 2013 at 7:34 pm

Ratto has the added awfulness of thinking he’s funny.
        He’s not.

• twinfan1 said, on May 6, 2013 at 7:38 pm

Kids your age sure have it good, Ed.

• Flavor said, on May 6, 2013 at 7:41 pm

Agreed. I don’t mind negative but Ratto isn’t funny or interesting. He’s like that weird old man on porch you try to pass quickly by on your way to an actual life

• James said, on May 6, 2013 at 7:50 pm

Ed, where in Fairfield does your mum live? Meine Mutter has a place off Rockville Road on the historic 40.

• PawlieKokonuts said, on May 6, 2013 at 8:05 pm

As I noted after the game, it was John Kruk — much more that Oral Hygiene, to my recollection.

24. eddacker said, on May 6, 2013 at 7:16 pm

I may be a nervous nelly, but I am not looking forward to the “east side” teams; even in our yard. St. Louis, Atlanta, Toronto, Cincy, it _could_be fun or it could harsh my mellow. Most of these teams have been very, very strong so far this year.
    Palo Alto school kids doing the national anthem..

25. James said, on May 6, 2013 at 7:26 pm

Utley lives in SF instead of a right wing desert or swamp? Good for him.

26. Flavor said, on May 6, 2013 at 7:45 pm

I’m primarily watching the Giants gm but I’ve clicked over to the Dubs game 6 times and they’ve been in commercial 5 times

27. Flavor said, on May 6, 2013 at 7:52 pm

It is beyond weird what Bum does with all these snot rockets. I don’t find it gross or disgusting, I almost laugh at it. Who does that? Seriously, who does that 30 times a game? Do any of you guys see this as a usual human behavior?
    Every blue moon I’ll see some dude running do it.
    I’ve done it a dozen or so times in my lifetime.
    But 30 times over the course of a 2 hour game?
    Hilarious.

• twinfan1 said, on May 6, 2013 at 8:38 pm

You think they end up on the underside of the table top of the postgame spread?

28. PawlieKokonuts said, on May 6, 2013 at 7:53 pm

Well, at least the first part of the comeback is all set up: the need to come back. (See what happened to the Rays? Blew 7-run lead. That’s all in a day’s work for the Giants, but with different results, finding a way to win. At least last week.)

29. PawlieKokonuts said, on May 6, 2013 at 7:56 pm

Looking at other scores, because I am slightly unsettled with ours, I see that Hanrahan gave up another bomb. I’m telling you, the Red Sox have a closer problem. And it will catch up with them.

30. PawlieKokonuts said, on May 6, 2013 at 7:58 pm

Hunter on fiyuh! Is it his scooter or his chick inspiring him?

• Flavor said, on May 6, 2013 at 8:03 pm

gotta be the chick. She’s a babe.

• Flavor said, on May 6, 2013 at 8:04 pm

although he is on that scooter all the time. Who do you think he rides more often, the scooter or the chick?

• PawlieKokonuts said, on May 6, 2013 at 8:06 pm

decorum prevents me from answering out loud (as if I have any decorum)

• eddacker said, on May 6, 2013 at 8:06 pm

If he is a real man it is obvious – the scooter

• unca_chuck said, on May 6, 2013 at 8:15 pm

Real men don;t have sex Ed?

• eddacker said, on May 6, 2013 at 8:17 pm

sorry, unca, when BF said ‘scooter’ my biker mind took over wherein women take second and love it.

• Bozo said, on May 6, 2013 at 8:05 pm

The caveman diet.

31. eddacker said, on May 6, 2013 at 8:16 pm

holy shit, it is a _scooter_ not what I thought.

32. Flavor said, on May 6, 2013 at 8:24 pm

I think my memory is lapsing. I don’t remember D-Green even taking a three in the reg season, much less making them. Now he’s knocking ’em down regularly in the playoffs?
    Ok….

33. unca_chuck said, on May 6, 2013 at 8:29 pm

KLAY!!!!

34. willedav said, on May 6, 2013 at 8:29 pm

Dubs backcourt lighting them up right now. Klay is abusing tony parker.

35. unca_chuck said, on May 6, 2013 at 8:33 pm

If the Dubs could control the ball better, they’d win going away. They turn the ball over with reckless abandon.

THREE!

36. salty said, on May 6, 2013 at 8:35 pm

Hanging primarily with the Warriors tonight. Showing they can flippin beat these guys. Just cut down on the to’s.
    Stephen 3Q Curry!!

37. Flavor said, on May 6, 2013 at 8:40 pm

this Dubs game reminds me a little of the Giants/Tigers series. The Fat Tigers sat around waiting for an opponent for a week, same shit with the Spurs. The big diff is that the Spurs are old and living off the back of their basketball cards.
    Warriors could shock the world tonight, and then there’s no telling where this series will go………

38. twinfan1 said, on May 6, 2013 at 8:44 pm

If they’d take Curry and Jack out for the last minute of each quarter, they’d be laughin’..

39. willedav said, on May 6, 2013 at 8:45 pm

wow what a quarter, they rebounded and out hustled spurs. And Steph was a monster.
    Finish strong, stay together, and be smart!

40. snarkk said, on May 6, 2013 at 9:16 pm

Dubs choking again, and refs will not help them, that’s for sure…

41. twinfan1 said, on May 6, 2013 at 9:46 pm

It’s a cruel world, Machi probably gets to pitch to Hector next..

42. snarkk said, on May 6, 2013 at 9:47 pm

Can the Dubs go more than a few possessions without turning it over? Wow…

43. salty said, on May 6, 2013 at 10:00 pm

Wide open. Wtf happened there?

44. unca_chuck said, on May 6, 2013 at 10:05 pm

fuck that. Major fail oin the Ginobli 3.

45. twinfan1 said, on May 6, 2013 at 10:06 pm

Nobody took it from them. They don’t have a calm head on the floor or the sideline.

46. unca_chuck said, on May 6, 2013 at 10:07 pm

16 points in 4 minutes is worse than the Denver game, if possible.

Ginobli shoulda been the goat.

47. snarkk said, on May 6, 2013 at 10:12 pm

One meltdown against the Nuggets, ok, learn from it. A second one, that’s on the coach. Jackson and coaches totally spit the bit…

48. snarkk said, on May 6, 2013 at 10:12 pm

As for Giants, hey, you lose once in a while…

49. twinfan1 said, on May 6, 2013 at 10:17 pm

They play in crunch time the way Desiree did the end of the anthem- off the rails.

50. sportdude said, on May 6, 2013 at 10:33 pm

Agony. W’s collapse painful. Why is jeferson on the floor to miss 2 FT’s? Not one second rest for Curry? Who left Ginobli so open??

Augh

• snarkk said, on May 6, 2013 at 10:38 pm

Jefferson there because Thompson and Green fouled out…

51. sportdude said, on May 6, 2013 at 10:43 pm

Green fouled out in OT, Jefferson misses in regulation after sitting all of the last 3 or 4 games..

52. sportdude said, on May 6, 2013 at 10:44 pm

tough game to lose. Still can’t explain why someone would leave MG open there? he should be the last guy you leave open right?

53. sportdude said, on May 6, 2013 at 10:46 pm

Ultimately the W’s going into a basketball version of a pevent defense cost them. Playing slow half court style doesn’t work for them. The need to be moving to make shots. Curry mssing all his jump shots down the stretch was hard to watch

54. twinfan1 said, on May 6, 2013 at 11:20 pm

Jackson is in total denial.

55. eddacker said, on May 7, 2013 at 12:48 am

who the fuck are the dubs?