A Place To Talk About Giants Baseball

Just When You Think it Couldn’t Suck Any Harder……

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on July 6, 2013

When Juan Uribe drops 7 ribbies on you it very likely was not meant to be your night. I can’t tell you how he acquired those 7 ribbies having turned the game off after the third inning. For all I know they were gifted to him by the ghost of Ron Cey.

Cain pitched terribly and that was surprising considering his recent success and the stakes last night. The hitting continues to be pathetic and if this team wide breakdown wasn’t so pervasive it would simply be embarrassing. As it stands, it’s shocking. At least to me.

Here’s an excerpt from Carl Steward who sits in for Pav at the Merc from time to time. He’s an old timer who’s been around the game a long time and I enjoy the honestly in his posts: “Maybe they’re still proud but they aren’t showing it much. The clubhouse is like a morgue….and that’s BEFORE the game. No lively banter. No pranks. No nothing. There is just no soul to this club right now and that may be the most disturbing aspect of the horror story that’s unfolding. There’s no alchemy and there’s no energy…..”

Amen, Carl.

The Giants have to play 9 more games before the all star break and this could get painful to watch. Wincing regularly and training yourself to look away quickly should get you through this difficult time. Turning the sound down on the tv to avoid Kruk’s excuses will be mandatory. Taking Β thoughtful, introspective walks around the block, during the games, should be in your tool box. Deep breaths and calls for *Serenity now* will be part of my pre and post game ritual…..:) πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

Truthfully, I find it much easier now for me to deal with games like last night’s than it was before the 2 recent World Series wins. I’m not trying to be corny or pompous, but it’s true. Those 2 championships are fresh and provide a lot of fuel for me as a fan. I’d like the Dodger fans to chime in on this, but doesn’t having not won a WS in 20+ years bother you a little? A lot?

1. willedav said, on July 6, 2013 at 8:58 am

I’m starting to wonder if nip’s post from yesterday (can’t win every year) is prophetic. There were a few bright spots in balls whacked by Sandoval Belt and Crawford, but not near enough. I thought they had a chance to f ryu up early and didn’t, and then Cain fell apart yada yada. Kickham still has trouble getting ml hitters out, Gillespie an 0-4 and a tough night in the OF.
    Hard to watch LA rolling and climbing back up the standings; series down there earlier was irritating. They are going to be fired up and playing with a lot of confidence…wonder what it will take to get Giants fired up and doing same.

2. Flavor said, on July 6, 2013 at 9:27 am

Thoughts on the enormous Dubs move yesterday?

3. xoot said, on July 6, 2013 at 9:40 am

Aren’t you really asking what does it mean to be a fan? Age-old question. It’s like asking what does it mean to be a parent or spouse or friend. Everyone has a slightly different take, and some arbitrary and capricious assumptions can develop, but deep down we all know what we’ve agreed to. Loyalty to the team fighting to win, even when they lose and lose a lot, is essential. I’m not sure how that virtue relates to our own lives, our own fights; or maybe I just can’t articulate it. But elite sports offer more than entertainment. If you’re really aware of a team’s day-in-day-out successes and failures, and if you really care, the seasons, even the off seasons, provide a sort of essential counterpoint to your own life. Or so it seems to me. I think it’s understandable that a few seasons of absolute triumph have changed the way we’re experiencing this disaster of a first half now.

We are experiencing it, though. No doubt about that.

• Flavor said, on July 6, 2013 at 9:59 am

Great post. I’m trying to remember what fueled me before 2010. It was some delicate balance of love and angst. Maybe something else, gotta ruminate on that one.
      But the 2 titles definitely changed me as a fan. Maybe made me less hungry? I don’t know. But it’s definitely different

• snarkk said, on July 6, 2013 at 12:03 pm

Maybe the 2 championships made the team and organization less hungry. It’s not beyond questioning. Steward’s take on lack of energy is telling, but we’ve been saying that for several weeks now, from what we see on the field. Mistakes, physical and mental, horrible ABs up and down the order, pitchers throwing gopher balls at 0-2 and giving up walks and hits to the oppo pitcher — all signs of a team not in focus. You can’t blame this all on injuries. The guys playing that aren’t injured don’t have to stink it up this badly…

4. eddacker said, on July 6, 2013 at 9:45 am

1.) I think even the normally brilliant Bruce Bochy is dazed and confused. I hope management takes a deep breath and does not do anything like ~”panic mode”. The team that was built around the idea of team has lost its team and that ain’t pretty.
    2.) I think winning does make one a ‘different’ fan. A fan where losing is not acceptable. This may be why Yankmee fans are such wankers.
    3.) You forgot a part of dealing with difficult times: fur-in-ner fans can get a good night’s sleep not worrying that they are missing anything good. And that sucks.

5. salty said, on July 6, 2013 at 9:49 am

I love what the Dubs did. Wasn’t crazy about Howard.

Amazing how quickly it changed…the giants are now the team with no soul, no life no chemistry…and the Bums look like a “team”. Hard to see this turning around. Nipper was being realistic. Tough to repeat and guys follow good years with bad ones. It’s a lot easier to accept having won 2 of 3.

6. twinfan1 said, on July 6, 2013 at 9:58 am

Well, I try to be a silver lining guy but this quarter season has made it hard. Last night- “The Horse” takes another dump out of the gate, we threaten ever so teasingly to get in the game and our 2 RBI leaders get us nothing with 2 runners in scoring position..so where’s last night’s positive(s)? Believe it or not- there are some. Sandoval had a couple good at bats, and despite the 2 off of Kickham, the pen continued it’s rebound ( Kickham showed why they still like him).. and, and, well, don’t be greedy, I didn’t say there was LOTS of good stuff…
    the big night by Uribe reminded me of a similar hitting funk in 2009 and then it was a bases clearing double by Juan that lit up the dugout and got the team out of their slumber. Well, I’m going to pick a guy to be the one- the guy to light the fart, the dude to spark the plug, the man who has never let us down, and it may surprise you- I’m going with Gomez !

7. twinfan1 said, on July 6, 2013 at 10:20 am

“Red Sox Agree To Terms With Teddy Stankiewicz”… who else could a Teddy Stankiewicz sign with?….
    Carl Crawford: what a face. Forget Rowand, Carl is the new spokesperson for Dulcolax Stool Softener…
    From the Hit List:
    “On a pop up down the left field line three Cubs converged but only two collided. Progress!”
    “Juan Pierre, leadoff hitter: .237/.283/.292 ”
    Hey, at least he can throw… oops.

There’s nothing like trashing other teams to brighten up a dismal morning highlighted by the dog getting your doughnut again. When will the “Master” of the house ever learn? The chopping block is Zeke’s dining room table…

8. salty said, on July 6, 2013 at 10:21 am

I’m repeating myself, but one key disappointments imo this year is the progress of some farm hands. Now is when they could use a spark from one of the “kids”..Brown, for example taking over CF. or if kickham or Heston had given them a couple of great starts or Hembree was solidifying the set up role allowing Rosario or Dunning to handle the long role. All of these guys were coming on and appeared to be ready to make the leap. Granted a lot of prospects struggle but this comes at a time when they could have made a significant impact.

9. zumiee said, on July 6, 2013 at 10:56 am

Well, at least Kieschnick wasn’t in the lineup last night; that would have been disastrous.

• James said, on July 6, 2013 at 11:15 am

When Zumie resorts to my MO of cheap irony and sarcasm, things are getting low indeed.

10. twinfan1 said, on July 6, 2013 at 11:07 am

The Giants are still high on Roger K and Gary Brown as possible starters. That’s why they’re not here.

11. Bozo said, on July 6, 2013 at 11:22 am

Dear SF Giants.
    Nap time is over. It’s time to get pissed off. Teams are slapping you around like a redheaded step child. You, are the World Champs and the rope a dope plan is over, it’s time to start punching back. We will lead with the left hook today but we need more, we need fight. I don’t care if it takes sliding cleats high, a shoulder into the first baseman, stepping on the catchers foot, hell rush the mound before the pitcher throws a pitch. These Dodgers just came into your house and shat on your carpet, I’d say it is time to get fired up and make these Cheez Whiz.Lit’l Smokies pay. Bust them up.
    Signed.
    Clowns for a Happier World.

12. James said, on July 6, 2013 at 11:34 am

There’s a fine line between high spirits and indifference. I’d prefer to hear about the acquisition of a competent starting pitcher to reassurances that, despite it all, the clubhouse is still one big revival tent.

13. twinfan1 said, on July 6, 2013 at 11:47 am

Pence’s recent troubles are a lesson as to why early season extensions are rarely a good idea. And every time he thinks he’s been AT&Ted, it’s just another reason why he wouldn’t be going for it anyway. He’s probably not doing much worse than he would in all but a very few ballparks, but perception, even a misperception, can go a long way. He’s gone…

• Flavor said, on July 6, 2013 at 11:51 am

I never actually thought he was coming back. Another reason to acquire Rios. We’re gonna have 2 OF spots open next year and Brown and Keish ain’t gonna fill either of them

• snarkk said, on July 6, 2013 at 12:10 pm

Sabes will need to do his best work the next year or two, because he’s dropped the ball in the farm system the last few. The farm system is rated on the floor for a reason. There’s no there, there. You need two FA starters next season, minimum. And probably three, since if one of five gets hurt, they’ve got nobody in the minors ready to step in, just like now. Brown and Kieschnik taking on an OF spot is a pipedream, IMO. Neither reminds anybody of an impact OFer now, unless some incredible light bulb goes off in one or both of them. It’s time for the Giants to spend money again, and they’ll have some with Zito and Timmy’s combined $40M off the books. Get some damn players in here that can hit, and some FA starters that at least keep the team in the game…

• Flavor said, on July 6, 2013 at 12:14 pm

The one thing I like about Kiesh is, he can take a walk. 32 in 313 at bats. That’ll more than work. Otherwise, these guys just come up here hacking at everything and if you don’t establish that you know what a strike zone is AND you won’t take your walks then a major league pitcher is just going to toy with you……..
        Gillespie took a shitload of walks down there 32 in 235 at bats and I’m positive that’s one of the main reasons he was brought up here.

• twinfan1 said, on July 6, 2013 at 12:28 pm

Rios’ 2009 with the Sox and his 2011 may not scare you, but they do me. Even this year, he’s putting up the numbers that Belt is. We know how I like Brandon, but those ain’t 12 million buck numbers… As far as Brown and Kieschnick, I think they *are* still viewed as possible big league starters, by the Giants. I no longer view them that way. We may get a chance to get a look in September if the team doesn’t turn it around, however.

14. snarkk said, on July 6, 2013 at 12:18 pm

I chuckle when I see posters on other boards and these call in callers that bemoan the last 6-7 weeks as incredible and the worst they’ve ever seen. Yeah, it’s bad. But, two, recent WS wins makes it very palatable, to me. How about a decade and a half of this kind of crap? We veteran fans were used to this kind of play seemingly forever in that Dark Age of ’70s to mid-80s, with a burp of competitiveness a couple of seasons in there somewhere. That was real fandom. When you listened to the Giants just because you were a fan, and because you loved the game, and loved to hear about the other teams’ players. When an unexpected tight game win against a really good squad like Cincy or the Doghairs was the only reward you could hope for in an otherwise dismal season. Heck, at least now the ballpark is great, it never goes into a slump…

• twinfan1 said, on July 6, 2013 at 12:38 pm

There’s something positive to take from every game. Hell, Kickham has emerged as a Puigie killer πŸ˜‰

15. snarkk said, on July 6, 2013 at 12:52 pm

If you think about it for a bit, the starting pitching since 2009 til now has been remarkable, from an injury perspective. Hardly anybody went down for an extended period, except Zito in 2010 (or was it 2011?) when he had that mysterious foot injury in Arizona that put him out to pasture more than half the season, just when he needed to go out to pasture. So, with a starting staff pretty much intact for 3+ years, including the emergence of Bum, you’d think the high minors would now be brimming, or have at least some, starting guys ready to step into the breach and start taking names and kicking ass. Wheeler got traded, but that’s just one guy. Instead, we get Kickham? He makes Surkamp look like a grizzled #3 starter. The several year hole in the farm system of even serviceable starters is perplexing…

16. twinfan1 said, on July 6, 2013 at 1:27 pm

I expect Surkamp to take the softballer torch from Zito next season and a starter to be added either at the deadline or this winter. And I haven’t given up on Vogelsong returning as a solid 3 or 4. Nor have I given up on Kickham. Meanwhile we have more depth in good young arms that I’ve seen here ever. We’ll get a better picture next year as they move up.

1. Gregor Blanco (L) CF

2. Marco Scutaro (R) 2B

3. Buster Posey (R) C

4. Pablo Sandoval (S) 3B

5. Hunter Pence (R) RF

6. Brandon Belt (L) 1B

7. Andres Torres (S) LF

8. Brandon Crawford (L) SS

9. Madison Bumgarner (R) P

• twinfan1 said, on July 6, 2013 at 1:59 pm

BTW, minor league baseball TV is just 10 bucks a month.Of our teams, San Jose and Fresno participate, it’s a good way to get a peek at the up and comers and down and outers.. a kid who looks like one of the former is Adalberto Mejia at San Jose. I caught a few innings the other other night, he’s a LHer who just turned 20 and hit 92/93 MPH as a teenie.

• Flavor said, on July 6, 2013 at 2:25 pm

we have depth of good young arms in the lowest levels of the system. Snarkk’s point about Kickham being the single decent alternative at AAA is a good one. And I say *decent* only in regards to the org’s decision to bring him up. They clearly didn’t think anyone else at that level was remotely ready to pitch up here if Kickham was the choice…….

• twinfan1 said, on July 6, 2013 at 3:08 pm

Well, it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out he was the best choice with Boof and company being the other choices. But how many teams do have guys ready to step in and “kick ass”? If they have ’em they’re doin’ it. And trashing Kickham because he has had trouble now is ridiculous, he’s considered a potential middle of the rotation guy and as poor as his numbers are now, anyone can see he’s a talent. Either he or Surkamp should be in the rotation by next year if not this year still.
        The notion that we, or anybody else, has or should have a stable of pitchers always ready for prime time when needed is an incredibly unrealistic viewpoint. IMO.

• Flavor said, on July 6, 2013 at 3:27 pm

“kicking ass” is hardly the expectation. Checking in with an ERA under 12.15 after 3 starts and a relief appearance? Um, yeah, we should have someone in AAA who can do better than that.

• twinfan1 said, on July 6, 2013 at 3:38 pm

Well, kick ass is Snarkk’s expectation. But whatever, I’m not judging Kickham off of a few outings. He’s going to be a good pitcher up here, IMO. BP and most scouting reports I’ve seen seem to agree with me. Not a top of the rotation guy but a mid to back end of the rotation workhorse.

• Flavor said, on July 6, 2013 at 3:58 pm

What Kick turns into wasn’t the topic posted by Snarkk. You conveniently changed that to fit your agenda.

• twinfan1 said, on July 6, 2013 at 4:12 pm

I don’t have an “agenda”, I’ve posted on our prospects for years and comment on them regularly.Snarkk’s “agenda” is not the be all and end all. He has always had his pessimistic view about our farm, he’s still tripping on Tony Torcato, ferchrissakes… His view that we should have a stable of ” starting guys ready to step into the breach and start taking names and kicking ass” is an amazingly unrealistic view. And, like you, he takes an incredibly short sighted view of Kickham.

• Flavor said, on July 6, 2013 at 4:18 pm

You either don’t git it or you’re steering the direction of the point. I don’t have an opinion about Kick. He’s young, he’s got good stuff, he’s not ready. I’ve posted this more than once. His talent is not what I’ve commented on. He’s sucked, plain and simple. And this was the one guy the org decided to bring up. Does that not indicate anything to you about the other pitchers?

• twinfan1 said, on July 6, 2013 at 4:33 pm

I’ve already addressed the other pitchers. And listen, stop your incessant BS that I don’t “get” something. I know this game, I know what I’m talking about. I wasn’t addressing you about the pitching anyway- my comments were directed to Snarkk, who I respect as a commenter although we often disagree. We’ve come to have spirited but civil discourse. My POV is totally relevant to his comments. Maybe you can try a less hostile demeanor when replying to my comments. Enjoy the game…

17. Flavor said, on July 6, 2013 at 2:38 pm

I never got WIllieD’s take on the Warriors amazing move yesterday to ditch expiring contracts and 4 picks for the opportunity to sign Iguodala. Some callers on KNBR were trippin about the 2 1st’s and two 2nd’s. That’s absurd. The Warriors are good now, their picks will very likely be late in the draft for several years anyway. And if there’s one thing ownership has proven it’s that they have no problem buying picks along the way. It was a brilliant move by Bob Myers–the dude has got to be the favorite for GM of the Year after yesterday’s moves.

• blade3colorado said, on July 6, 2013 at 4:24 pm

I agree with regard to the Warriors acquiring Iguodala. This equates to STEALING THE NUGGETS LUNCH MONEY IN THE SCHOOL YARD. Their top target this offseason WAS THEIR OWN free agent, Iguodala. I’m not certain you heard this Flav, but according to one source, the Nuggets offered Iguodala a five-year contract worth $60 million β€” with $52 million guaranteed. That’s right, the Nuggets presented a more lucrative offer than did Golden State.

This is how bad it has gotten in Denver . . . the owner made monumental mistakes in regard to their GM and coach, whom both were allowed to leave or were fired (in the case of Karl). Consequently, Iguodala hasn’t returned repeated calls from The Denver Post. But he told the San Jose Mercury News – which you might have read about – on Friday that he likes Warriors coach Mark Jackson and the organization’s “culture.”

“Mainly, the coach and the culture, the environment,” Iguodala told the Mercury News. “I feel like they have a good culture there, a lot of great guys, great locker room. The way they’ve got those guys playing with such confidence, that comes from the coach. The way those young guys were playing against us (in the playoffs), that’s confidence.

“I saw Klay Thompson running full speed down the court, caught the ball, took two steps and shot the 3. His feet weren’t even set. That comes from coaching. I want to play with that kind of confidence.”

This is big. Iguodala was on a couple of my FL teams and he is an excellent baller.

18. Flavor said, on July 6, 2013 at 3:56 pm

Knbr needs to re-work their promos. They’ve got one they’re running for The White Shark and one for Crawford that theyre running over and over. They’re absurd, what are those 2 hitting over the last 3 weeks?

19. Flavor said, on July 6, 2013 at 3:57 pm

Scoots made the all star team that’s rad

20. twinfan1 said, on July 6, 2013 at 3:59 pm

Joe Frisaro on MLBTradeRumors says that the Dodgers and Marlins are expected to complete a Nolasco deal as soon as tonight. Good. Now let’s turn this around and go get a better guy.

21. Flavor said, on July 6, 2013 at 4:11 pm

4:15 starts should be outlawed. The players can’t freaking see the ball. Hopefully no one gets injured

22. Flavor said, on July 6, 2013 at 4:12 pm

Buck and McCarver on mute. They’re significantly better like this

• blade3colorado said, on July 6, 2013 at 4:29 pm

I’m stoked – thanks for mentioning that the game is on National TV. I just got my new TV last week and I get to watch the GMen! πŸ™‚

23. zumiee said, on July 6, 2013 at 4:19 pm

1B Allen Craig, Cardinals
    1B Paul Goldschmidt, Diamondbacks
    OF Carlos Gomez, Brewers
    SS Jean Segura, Brewers
    2B Marco Scutaro, Giants

• Flavor said, on July 6, 2013 at 4:22 pm

That’s some serious pitching power on both sides. Could be another hands in air shrug from Selig. I think they added a rule for that right? More players something like that.
      AL looks stronger overall to me

24. Flavor said, on July 6, 2013 at 4:20 pm

That’s how you pitch a hacker, excellent 1/2 pitch

25. blade3colorado said, on July 6, 2013 at 4:26 pm

Flav, by the by – back in town, i.e., thank you much for watching my Flap team.

• Flavor said, on July 6, 2013 at 4:31 pm

No prob. It looked like you were managing it, I made one move early on

• blade3colorado said, on July 6, 2013 at 4:37 pm

Yeah, I had no idea if I would have a WIFI connection in the Canadian hinterlands. πŸ™‚

26. blade3colorado said, on July 6, 2013 at 4:30 pm

Are you kidding me? Batting out of order????????????????? FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCKKKKK!

27. Flavor said, on July 6, 2013 at 4:30 pm

I can’t hear any of this WTF is going on?

28. willedav said, on July 6, 2013 at 4:31 pm

Holy F what a whack job taking a run off the board. Two trips gets a payback. Hope Posey f’s it up.

29. manny said, on July 6, 2013 at 4:31 pm

Are you fucking shitting me, someones ass needs to fry for this bush league shit.

• Flavor said, on July 6, 2013 at 4:32 pm

I want to know who or how this got fucked up.

• Flavor said, on July 6, 2013 at 4:33 pm

Twin posted a LU at 1:27 that had Pablo batting 4th that did seem unusual. Someone fucked up epically. What did the Lu say in the Giants dugout?

30. mannyman46 said, on July 6, 2013 at 4:35 pm

Sabean needs to get someones ass for this shameful bull shit.

31. Macdog said, on July 6, 2013 at 4:37 pm

Following online, WTF just happened?

• blade3colorado said, on July 6, 2013 at 4:38 pm

Frickin’ double wasted, which results in a run being removed.

32. willedav said, on July 6, 2013 at 4:37 pm

flav, I like W’s move to get Iguodala. He’s a more physical player and will drive the ball to the basket and get to the FTline. Also more reliable than either Jack or Landry and a tough match up for other team. Too bad they had to give up Rush, but being able to hold onto Thompson and Barnes (one of which would have been gone in the Howard deal) is great. So is dumping off Biedrins and Richard Jefferson, non contributors.
    They have pieces still to add (back up C and point), but now we’ll see what Jackson can do, esp if Bogut is able to return healthy in November. They are going to be a force, I think.

• Flavor said, on July 6, 2013 at 4:40 pm

Thanks. You are are The Flap’s hoop guru and I care about what you think

• snarkk said, on July 6, 2013 at 5:34 pm

Shifting the sad sack ass of Biedrins is a huge accomplishment in itself, Jefferson almost as much, but both together was huge. But, they gave up two first round future picks, so that’s what stooopid past moves cost…

33. Flavor said, on July 6, 2013 at 4:38 pm

As I said I can’t hear this gm, watching it at a bar. Obviously Posey read the same Lu that Twin posted at 1:27. How was that not the official LU? And how could this mistake occur all the way up to the highest level of the giants dugout but not the Dodgers dugout?????

• zumiee said, on July 6, 2013 at 4:40 pm

The cards handed to the umps and Mattingly had it differently, for some reason.

• zumiee said, on July 6, 2013 at 4:41 pm

Bochy made a last-second change, and the players missed it? But then how does Bochy miss it when the wrong batter starts walking to the batter’s box?

• Flavor said, on July 6, 2013 at 4:46 pm

Again, the Lu Twin posted at 1:27 had Posey batting 3rd, Psblo 4th. That does seen like a mistake. But where did it happen? Was it listed that way in the Giants dugout too? Cause it wasn’t in the Dodgers dugout. This was an embarrassing fuck up of communication, on national tv no less.
        Somewhere posey and Sandoval read the same LU that twin posted at 1:27.
        So when did this get fucked up after that?

34. unca_chuck said, on July 6, 2013 at 4:39 pm

Can’t find they game here. Batting OOO? Bochy may go down if they can’t right the flicking ship soon.

35. PawlieKokonuts said, on July 6, 2013 at 4:44 pm

Do I love the Giants? Certainly. Do they love us? Doesn’t feel like it. Sure, I’m loyal and all that. But I am acting as I do when I go to the Adirondacks. News blackout. Emotions under protective custody. In other words, “I don’t wanna know nothing. No scores. No trades. No injury reports. No wins. No losses. No nothing.”

36. willedav said, on July 6, 2013 at 4:48 pm

Flav, I know you *invited* Dodger fans to chime in on today’s thread, but I’m with wsw. A dodger troll decides to chime in on a giants blog for the first time with the season 3 months old with a series of posts on a night they are sticking it to us. That’s not talking baseball it’s rubbing it in. As far as I’m concerned he can FOffNDie.

• Flavor said, on July 6, 2013 at 4:50 pm

Yeah, I’m with you. I thought about that later in the day. Rooster and Sandy were around yesterday and I like both of them that’s why I threw it out there.

37. Macdog said, on July 6, 2013 at 4:48 pm

Batting out of order. That’s something I saw this spring when one of the players on my daughter’s high school softball team caught the other team doing it. But in the big leagues? This is beyond embarrassing.

38. Flavor said, on July 6, 2013 at 4:48 pm

Bochy was dealing with all star game bullshit all day but I am still thinking this is a fuck up at another level. Did someone transcribe this wrong for Boch? Posey thought he was batting 3rd that is clear. Twin’s LU confirms that.

39. twinfan1 said, on July 6, 2013 at 4:49 pm

Well,all I’ve got is the plane crash coverage. And I can’t post anything anyfuckingway. Enjoy the game, boys…

• Flavor said, on July 6, 2013 at 4:51 pm

It’s on KICU if you get that. Channel 36 on direct tv I think

• blade3colorado said, on July 6, 2013 at 4:52 pm

Mike, it isn’t on Fox (or is the crash preempting that too)?

40. salty said, on July 6, 2013 at 4:53 pm

All I’m seeing is a burned out plane. Where’s the game?

• Flavor said, on July 6, 2013 at 4:54 pm

KICU 36

• salty said, on July 6, 2013 at 4:59 pm

Thanks didn’t see the above comments

41. Flavor said, on July 6, 2013 at 4:53 pm

Punto doing the worst Brandon Philips impersonation of all time.,

42. zumiee said, on July 6, 2013 at 4:57 pm

Very nice but strange rally.
    McCarver actually had a pretty good line: “This whole game is out of order.”

• xoot said, on July 6, 2013 at 4:58 pm

He was just describing his own mental state.

• zumiee said, on July 6, 2013 at 4:59 pm

Good point. πŸ™‚

43. Macdog said, on July 6, 2013 at 4:59 pm

I assume these runs count?

44. PawlieKokonuts said, on July 6, 2013 at 5:10 pm

xoot, your 9:40am post is a wonderful meditation: poetic, too. Thanks.

• Flavor said, on July 6, 2013 at 5:40 pm

agreed. Dumped it into *POTD-best-of*

• xoot said, on July 6, 2013 at 6:07 pm

I’m glad you liked it. Also nice to see you following the game, Pawlie. I’m not sure they can win without you.

• PawlieKokonuts said, on July 6, 2013 at 7:34 pm

too kind…but “they” don’t know I exist, except for maybe on some imperceptible-seismic-metaphysical level

• xoot said, on July 6, 2013 at 9:38 pm

well, that’s more or less what I had in mind

45. blade3colorado said, on July 6, 2013 at 5:12 pm

No shit he was safe. Blind ump.

46. blade3colorado said, on July 6, 2013 at 5:21 pm

Fuck Nolasco.

47. blade3colorado said, on July 6, 2013 at 5:28 pm

HAHAHA. Dumb fuck HanRam just watches his error, expecting someone else to get the ball.

48. xoot said, on July 6, 2013 at 6:08 pm

The bums got lucky, smacking their hits before the shadow covered homeplate.

49. salty said, on July 6, 2013 at 6:11 pm

Found the hole in the Puig?

• snarkk said, on July 6, 2013 at 6:16 pm

3 Ks for Puig. Teams will be watching video of those ABs…

50. snarkk said, on July 6, 2013 at 6:31 pm

WTF?
    Can we get a LFer that can field the position? That might be nice.
    Panda saves Torres with a very nice play…

• twinfan1 said, on July 6, 2013 at 6:41 pm

It was a VERY difficult play. Torres has been playing a nice LF since his fielding slump earlier.

• snarkk said, on July 6, 2013 at 6:49 pm

A good LFer makes the play, or at least doesn’t play a double into a triple. Later, he made a nice play on a liner, just a minute ago. Very inconsistent defense, to say the least…

• twinfan1 said, on July 6, 2013 at 6:55 pm

He made a good effort on a screamer. He IS a good LFer. Most LFers don’t come close to making the play.

51. twinfan1 said, on July 6, 2013 at 6:38 pm

Nolasco to Bums is done…

• blade3colorado said, on July 6, 2013 at 6:41 pm

Yeah, heard it earlier. Me? I was never interested.

• twinfan1 said, on July 6, 2013 at 6:42 pm

Sorry, didn’t mean to be redundant.

• blade3colorado said, on July 6, 2013 at 6:48 pm

Not at all Mike (good post). Just saying that I don’t care for Nolasco. πŸ™‚

• twinfan1 said, on July 6, 2013 at 6:58 pm

As I posted before, Nolasco going to the Dodgers is a good thing for us. Now we know who to go after.

• snarkk said, on July 6, 2013 at 6:51 pm

Whatever. Then he can move to the Giants as a FA after the season…

52. Flavor said, on July 6, 2013 at 6:56 pm

The Nolasco move is no small thing. Besides likely pitching against us at ATT a time or too, this trade has established a market for a #3. Did I read this right? The Dodgers sent 2 or 3 mid level pitching prospects plus they’re taking on the 6 mil?
    Sabean don’t play that, if that’s the price we won’t be sniffing Norris or Lee or Peavy or anyone else available. And that’s not really a surprise to me, these guys cost a lot at this time of year (though 2-3 + salary is surprising to me. It should have been one or the other).

53. Flavor said, on July 6, 2013 at 7:11 pm

Puig striking out 4 times in this game on national tv makes up for a lot of shit that the Giants have gone through the last couple of weeks. Fantastic.
    Take note scouts and people with brains and start pitching this dude the way we did tonight….

54. Macdog said, on July 6, 2013 at 7:14 pm

Big man, Puig man, ha ha charade you are.

55. PawlieKokonuts said, on July 6, 2013 at 7:18 pm

Puig Pukes at Plate: SF Pitchers

56. twinfan1 said, on July 6, 2013 at 7:18 pm

Not exactly midlevel prospects from what I see. BTW, the Angel Sanchez link in the MLBTradeRumors piece is the wrong one. These are three grungy looking prospects.
    Sanchez:
    Ames:
    Wall:

• Flavor said, on July 6, 2013 at 7:44 pm

I’m on my phone drinking beers and BBQ so I don’t know what they gave up. “Mid level” to me means not much. Still, that’s what we have a lot of, we couldn’t have cobbled something mid level + salary to compete for Nolasco?
      And all of you who scoff, you’re basically saying you don’t want a SP. because if u can’t get down with some mid levels and some dough, then you aren’t getting the guys who follow…

• twinfan1 said, on July 6, 2013 at 7:59 pm

I’m not scoffing at the deal once I saw the shit the Bums gave up, the Dodgers made out. If we gave up 3 guys of that caliber we’d all say Sabean came thru again. I wasn’t all in on Nolasco but the Dodgers gave up NOTHING.

• Flavor said, on July 6, 2013 at 9:27 pm

Of course they made out, Nolasco was there to be fucking HAD. They traded 3 of their top 30 prospects + salary to get him? “The three prospects that will join the Marlins each ranked among the Dodgers’ top thirty farmhands going into the season, according to Baseball America.” The salary is a HUGE part of the deal. Get it?
        Look man, you just don’t get what these guys cost. You want to offer bullshit nothing. I get it. Good luck with that. You’d be the worst baseball GM on the planet. How about this Twin, what do you think Norris will go for? Not what YOU would pay for him since what you would pay for him would get laughed at. What do YOU think HE will go for?

• twinfan1 said, on July 6, 2013 at 10:19 pm

You don’t even get my post, I’d be *happy* to give up what the Dogs did for Nolasco.
        Norris? I can tell you he ain’t getting anybody’s top two prospects. Anf If Sabean gave up what you propose, he’d be a laughing stock again. I already posted what I’d give up for Norris. And Nolasco. And i’d pay all of Nolasco’s salary, too.
        So I have no fucking idea where you get the fiction that I wouldn’t give up anything for him. Baseball America has those guys as 20.21, and 25 on the Bum prospect list. Like I said if you actually read my post, we’d all be toasting Sabean if that’s all he gave up for Nolasco. Three guys 20+ on the prospect list? They’re all yours, Jeff, and here’s my check for Ricky’s salary. Nice dealing with you…

• twinfan1 said, on July 6, 2013 at 11:16 pm

Heck, I only had 10 or 12 prospects I wouldn’t give up for a rental pitcher. If I’m the GM, Nolasco is penciled in for Monday against the Mets, Hold your applause,I’m just doing my job… Durn it though, Bochy isn’t going to like having to tell Zits that he’s out for the postseason agaIn πŸ˜‰

• twinfan1 said, on July 6, 2013 at 11:42 pm

Finally, I was agreeing with your 7:44. “If we gave up 3 guys of that caliber we’d all say Sabean came thru again”… Sabes probably backed off because he din’t have faith the team would turn it around and he’d be stuck with a rental to pitch meanlngless games. I’d have Nolasco in hand and thinking about another guy, a non-rental. And a RH reliever.

57. willedav said, on July 6, 2013 at 7:24 pm

Bum sets the tone, outstanding. A solid outing by the SP and SF is back in business. Stellar D from Sandoval too. Hey if you really want to dump this guy, today would make a good highlight film, along with the blast off the wall over puig’s head in RF last night.

58. PawlieKokonuts said, on July 6, 2013 at 7:27 pm

Not exactly out of a hitting slump or a model of success if your team has to rely on your starting pitcher to knock in half of your runs. But it’s a W. As Gertrude Steinbrenner said, “A win is a win is a win.” I am infinitesimally cheerier. But still on the ledge, on meds, suicide watch, all that good stuff.

59. PawlieKokonuts said, on July 6, 2013 at 7:32 pm

So Bum, Scutaro, and Posey get picked for the ASG. Pence is up against Puke K-Master Puig and Ian Desmond, Freddie Freeman, and Adrian Gonzalez for the Freecreditscore [I kid you not] Final Vote. What.a.farce.

60. twinfan1 said, on July 6, 2013 at 7:42 pm

Panda’s defense,MadBum, the pen, the Platooners having nice nights, lots of good stuff tonight..

61. twinfan1 said, on July 6, 2013 at 8:07 pm

This is said to be Romo mocking Hanley after the game

i.imgur.com/BKZStBO.gif

• twinfan1 said, on July 6, 2013 at 8:09 pm

Just click on the link above if you want see the Romo thing. I hope it’s fake.
      Night all.

• Flavor said, on July 6, 2013 at 9:17 pm

Why do you hope that’s fake? And gamerbabe doesn’t post fake shit you should know that. That was a modest mock of a total d-bag who went over the top with his bullshit eye goggle pussy shit. Romo’s response was perfect, it was actually understated……..

• twinfan1 said, on July 6, 2013 at 9:52 pm

He’s rather over the top himself, as you’ve noted.I have no problem with his routine after he’s closed out a game but he’s hardly a dude who should mocking someone else’s schtick. He should leave the douchebaggery to the douche bags.

62. blade3colorado said, on July 6, 2013 at 8:57 pm

In Brazil, they take their soccer very seriously . . . http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_23611077/fans-kill-and-quarter-football-referee-brazil

63. twinfan1 said, on July 6, 2013 at 10:42 pm

Surkamp went 6, 7 hits 2 runs 0 BB 2 K 82 pitches/52 strikes. They need to him up to get a couple or 3 starts before the deadline.