A Place To Talk About Giants Baseball

The Difference Between Those Who Have Won and Those Who Haven’t

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on July 8, 2013

I asked a question for Dodger fans the other day and since we only have 2 of them who barely even infrequently come to the blog I wasn’t expecting an answer. But The Rooster (formally *gloating* and probably soon to be gloating again after this past weekend) was kind enough to come back with a detailed post. I really appreciated that and wanted to make it it’s own thread…..

Rooster said, on July 8, 2013 at 3:31 pm (Edit)

Hey, hey G’s fans – good to see you all still going at it here in BF’s own private “Splash” – just got back from camping out down the coast in Carlsbad, so missed the Sat & Sun games – looks like the Dodgers gave away Sat’s game with the 3 unearned – shoulda been a sweep.
Anyways, congrats on the 2nd WS win last season – I really thought Giants were doomed after going down 0-2 to Cincy – hell of a run they put on after that.
Obviously I got out of blogging a few years back, but when the Dodgers-Giants get together I still remember way back all those years ago when I came across all you nuts @ the Splash. Lucky for you guys BF took the best of the posters from there and brought ‘em here – just been browsing back thru the weekend posts and you guys got a great spot here for talkin’ hardball.
Just to answer your question BF – the one from a couple posts back about am I bothered about the Dodgers not winning a WS in so long? It’s been so long I’ve grown kinda used to it to tell you the truth. I still remember vividly where I was when Gibby hit that HR off Eck and limped around the bases – remember it like it was yesterday – also remember that that would have never happened if Scioscia hadn’t popped one out off Gooden and the Mets in the NLCS to keep that series going.
Does it bother me that the Dodgers haven’t won a WS since then?
I don’t really think much about it – I watch the games when I can – which isn’t nearly as much as I used to be able to when I first met you guys – and I still root for them to win, but I don’t put expectations on them to do so. I still read the box-scores every morning – check on how Loney’s doing over with the Rays (still hitting above .300 ! unfuckingbelievable) – yes I still get the Times delivered every morning – I’ll be doing that ’till the day I die – just love the old-school box-scores in the morning paper.
So, yeah, I wouldn’t say it really bothers me all that much – If they don’t have a good enough team to make the playoffs, so be it – I’ll watch the MLB playoffs anyway, I love good baseball – and sure it would be great for the Dodgers to make the playoffs and win, but you have to play good baseball to get there – Dodgers have come close (Phillies had their number) recently but haven’t been able to close the deal.
Giants 2 out of the last 3 – that’s gotta feel good.

__________________________________________________-

Rooster, thanks for this detailed response. I was hoping either you or Sandy would respond. I don’t think we have any other Dodger fans here. Thank God. 🙂
You said “I don’t really think much about it” and that triggered something for me. We had never won a WS in my lifetime (and I don’t give a shit about the other five they won in NY) so it just wasn’t something I ever thought about or could think about since I’d never gotten to experience it what it felt like. So I couldn’t really think about it. It had never happened.
I do recall more frustration before 2010. Like, “WTF, why do we lose EVERY year!?!?!!?”.
Then 2010 happened. And 2012 was even better in some ways because of all the elimination game wins. But nothing touches 2010 in terms of the first moment of winning it all–emotions overwhelmed me, memories of the Stick and all the games I’d been to suddenly crashed down upon me, the thousands of hours I had invested in watching games, following the team, reading about them, THINKING about them….” It was like all of a sudden it became worth it. And I suspect it was like that for many of the rest of us….

These days, the Giants are smoking copious amounts of  pole. Strangely, I am not frustrated. I want them to win but I don’t need them to win. And I don’t think about what it felt like pre-2010 because I don’t really remember what it felt like except as if someone was reading me a story about being a Giants fan and I was in one of the chapters. I remember it happening, I just don’t remember the pain and the suffering……

I don’t feel complacent or less hungry for another World Series win. I’m hoping for several more before I die and I’ll be doing what I can after death to bring SF a few more. But the 2010 win did get me off The List and into The Club. And while I will always be able to walk the earth with those on The List I am perfectly fine basking in this never ending supernova that burns so brightly in The Club……

1. Flavor said, on July 8, 2013 at 5:29 pm

Jeez, Sabean basically said everything but “I give up” in this article at the Merc.

2. unca_chuck said, on July 8, 2013 at 5:30 pm

Well, short-term, watching them flail at the plate and make miscues of the boneheaded variety, this shit still pisses me off. Mainly because they have showed they CAN win it all. I’m not deluded into thinking they should win every year, but I also expect them to play fundamentally sound. They HAVE been so good these past few years that it irks me when they do shit like last night. Shit that could be avoided, it seems to me.

BUT, yeah, when all is said and done, we ARE still the defending champs. Yes, I regularly bask, but that will likely fade if these guys keep spiraling downward. We may lose the crown this year, and I think they will, but I just hope they at least clean up the sloppiness and play sound baseball.

3. blade3colorado said, on July 8, 2013 at 5:39 pm

Just my opinion, but what he says is being realistic about the current situation. Everyone wants to “fuck us in the ass” on a trade deal and as he says, we really don’t have “leverage.” The current team has to do better for him to think any add-ons will make a significant difference. This team is mostly what got us to the dance last year. They need to start dancing . . . Sabean is brilliant in his evaluation of this team.

• Flavor said, on July 8, 2013 at 5:46 pm

disagree only from the standpoint of “everyone wanting to fuck us in the ass”. We don’t know what teams are asking from us. And the Dodgers just gave up 3 beyond mediocre prospects for Nolasco. You’re telling me Sabean can’t find some mediocre prospects to trade? Shit, that’s half the system, lol!
      He’s got his Alderson’s and Culberson’s still in the stable. Fucking trade them and at least TRY. Don’t sit there on your hands holding on to a bunch of AAA filler. There’s always AAA filler out there to put together your AAA rosters. And that’s the shit the Dodgers traded so don’t say they gave up anything good for Nolasco……

• blade3colorado said, on July 8, 2013 at 5:52 pm

It’s a waste of time Flav. Per Sabes (and I agree), until the team plays better, you could add Cy Young and this team isn’t going anywhere. By the by, thanks for sharing – I don’t normally read the Mercury and this interview provides an excellent overview/evaluation from Sabe’s perspective.

4. Flavor said, on July 8, 2013 at 5:42 pm

I just re-read that Sabean article. WTF? If I’m a season ticket holder, shit even a Giants fan, I’m like “wake the fuck up!”
    “You can’t remake the whole lineup; you can’t remake the whole team.”
    “We pretty much know who’s available and what it’s going to take. At this point, its not in best interests of our organization to move forward with anything from the outside.”
    “Do you go out and trade for a whole other team that goes on the road and keep the other one on the road? That’s said tongue-in-cheek, but it’s a reality.”
    “No, to answer your question, no. We have an amount that could be enough to tweak some things, but it’s not going to be anything drastic.”
    “We’ve had our place in the sun. If this is the year that’s been dealt to us, we have to handle it.
    We’ve had a lot of things go right. Apparently this is the year that things go haywire.
    We have to do what we can without forsaking the future.”

My response to these comments is, FUCK THAT. He’s completely given up. What do the players think after reading this shit?

5. blade3colorado said, on July 8, 2013 at 5:56 pm

“What do the players think after reading this shit?”

We obviously disagree and see this from different perspectives (which is cool. 🙂 ).

Regarding the players opinion? They better get their shit together; and quick or some of them wont be here next year or even the rest of this season. He just warned every one not named Posey (and maybe 1-2 others), that their job – at least with the Giants – isn’t a given.

• Flavor said, on July 8, 2013 at 6:03 pm

Well, we definitely disagree. We’re getting Voggy and Casilla back, we MIGHT need one more #3 that’s easily acquired via trade (as the Dodgers just did) and we need a competent starting LF. Again, that’s not impossible to get, it wouldn’t cost a “Crick”.
      And we’re gonna hold on to Blackburn and Heston instead of getting a decent LF? Why? They’re currency, you said it yourself…..
      What other position needs upgrading? If you believe Sandoval’s career isn’t over (it isn’t, he’s playing hurt) and that Craw and Scoots are healing their fingers and that Pence can do what he did earlier this year (and his whole career) then we don’t need anything other than a LF and, maybe, a SP………

• blade3colorado said, on July 8, 2013 at 6:10 pm

Yes, absolutely – they are currency. I would definitely use that “currency” if the existing roster showed a pulse. They haven’t. This is what concerns Sabes. Besides, the pitching isn’t really the problem (the last few weeks) as he pointed out. Again, I have said this as well. The position players have gone south and until they start playing to their capabilities, a trade would be a waste of “currency.” I think this is the gist of the interview, i.e., existing players have to hit and score more than 2-3 runs every game (which has been their MO for the last few weeks). Anywho, great interview and again, thanks for sharing.

6. Nipper said, on July 8, 2013 at 6:09 pm

The season is lost until further notice. My mind may change but I doubt it.

• blade3colorado said, on July 8, 2013 at 6:12 pm

Bullshit Nipper. It isn’t lost. Sabean will be all in and support this roster when they start playing MLB instead of the AAA version . . . I’m realistic, but am hopeful they can turn it around because they have been there before (WS level play).

7. salty said, on July 8, 2013 at 6:31 pm

What will it take to win the west? 88? 86?
    So they need to go 48-27 or 46-29.

• Flavor said, on July 8, 2013 at 6:42 pm

Cleveland and Baltimore, 2 teams totally in it right now, are both 25-17 at home (as we are). The one thing Sabean is right about is our road record that has doomed us up to this point. But there is no sound reason why we are 15-31 on the road. It’s statistically an aberration (James????) and if they revert to something like .500 on the road the rest of the way they can take advantage of their home heavy schedule the rest of July to re-right the ship and take a major run at this. But they do need a starting LF, the health of Pablo, Scoots and Craw and possibly a starting pitcher. Shit they are 6.5 out and we haven’t even hit the break yet! And they play a shitload of games in Aug and Sept against the division and in case anyone bothers to notice, even at our lowest point right now, we still have the best record in the NL West against our division. I wish Sabean would read this…..

8. Flavor said, on July 8, 2013 at 7:21 pm

Really excited to see Harvey pitch. Macdog wondered if we’ve seen him, I haven’t, just the box scores.

9. zumiee said, on July 8, 2013 at 7:29 pm

Given the situation the Giants are in, if they can’t impose their will, at home, on a pretty mediocre Mets team then it just bodes very badly for the rest of the way. Anything less than 2 wins in this series is pretty grim.

10. blade3colorado said, on July 8, 2013 at 7:31 pm

Well, he’s no mystery to Buster.

11. Flavor said, on July 8, 2013 at 7:32 pm

Against the current NL CY leader? Again, I hope Sabean is paying attention

12. PawlieKokonuts said, on July 8, 2013 at 7:35 pm

I haven’t seen him either; have just heard Mets radio announcers rave about him. I don’t mind these Mets TV guys. Ron Darling is very good. BOOM! Posey homer!

• zumiee said, on July 8, 2013 at 7:36 pm

Yeah, I like the Mets broadcasters. They call a good game. I’d rank them in my top 5 with K&K.

13. Macdog said, on July 8, 2013 at 7:35 pm

Hey, a good start! When Sandoval flails away at lousy pitches like he just did in striking out, why would anyone give Posey something to hit?

14. zumiee said, on July 8, 2013 at 7:35 pm

Who to pull for in the AZ/LA series? I would rather AZ wins 2 out of the 3. I think ultimately LA is the bigger concern.

• blade3colorado said, on July 8, 2013 at 7:40 pm

Well, whomever wins, I hope the other team loses 2-3 players to the DL. 🙂

• zumiee said, on July 8, 2013 at 7:41 pm

Surely you’re not hoping Puig runs into the wall again? 🙂

• blade3colorado said, on July 8, 2013 at 7:42 pm

Hehehe. Only injuries that don’t cause brain damage.

15. blade3colorado said, on July 8, 2013 at 7:45 pm

By the by, before I forget – someone said that Amy has a nice rack – so why is she covering it up with that ugly (albeit, Giants approved) orange heavy coat? If I am the television producer and have to put a broad out there, I am going to make sure she follows the 1960’s Stewardess Dress Code. 🙂

• zumiee said, on July 8, 2013 at 7:48 pm

According to the Mantle biography, Mickey once signed a ball:

“Hey kid, your mom has nice tits.
      Mickey Mantle”

• PawlieKokonuts said, on July 8, 2013 at 7:53 pm

Hahahaha. I’ve heard that. I don’t doubt it. You’ve given me a brilliant idea! I should start signing books that way — but just leave that kid out of it.

• blade3colorado said, on July 8, 2013 at 8:04 pm

Hilarious. I had never heard that before . . . Sheesh, if he did that today, he would be crucified in the press.

16. PawlieKokonuts said, on July 8, 2013 at 7:50 pm

This might actually cheer you up, and provide historical context. I admit to having been a doomer even in the “best of times.” I sent an email to Blade in 2010 giving up on the season in — wait for it — JUNE!! Last July, in Pittsburgh, the Giants looked flat, tired, bedraggled, defeated. World Series? I didn’t see it. In each of those years I hardly saw them as being in — never mind winning — the World Series. Oh sure, I HOPED for it, but brushed it off as wishful and magical thinking. So, what I’m saying is: I’ve been skeptical before and am skeptical now about our prospects. I’ve been wrong before, and would gladly be wrong again. Which brings me to the thread topic. The two rings do two things for me: A. I can never ever feel like I did before. We’ve won the Series. That hunger can never be as painful as it was. B. Deep down, there is a whisper in my soul that says: Paul, you never know. You never really know. They could do it again. They’ve surprised you and shocked you before. Twice recently. Stunningly. They can do so again. (I mean “surprised and shocked” in a good way.)

17. PawlieKokonuts said, on July 8, 2013 at 7:55 pm

I don’t know if it’s this channel, better HD or whatever, but everything looks so clear tonight.

18. PawlieKokonuts said, on July 8, 2013 at 7:58 pm

ESPN Radio tonight was continuing the teenage-girl infatuation. Regarding the four times he struck out Saturday, they quoted Mattingly saying he even looks great striking out. Say what? Puhleeeez.

• zumiee said, on July 8, 2013 at 8:03 pm

The broadcaster love of Puig is sickening in its slobbering-ness. One of the guys on the MLB network today said the whole nation knows about Puig. Really? The whole nation? A poll in the summer of 2012 showed that only 80% of the nation had ever heard of Mitt Romney.

• blade3colorado said, on July 8, 2013 at 8:08 pm

I love when Letterman and Leno do those “man in the street” interviews, asking Americans questions that you think they should know, but stump them. Never underestimate the idiocy or cluelessness of the American public.

• blade3colorado said, on July 8, 2013 at 8:14 pm

Conversely, ask anyone about Nicole Elizabeth “Snooki” Polizzi and they have that down 7 ways from Sunday.

• xoot said, on July 8, 2013 at 8:38 pm

“John Roberts is one of the most powerful citizens of the United States right now. What does he do?” “Uh, make tv commercials?” “Um, Roberts, um, he’s married to Julia Roberts and he manages her career, right?” “I know this. He’s speaker of the houses.”

19. twinfan1 said, on July 8, 2013 at 8:19 pm

Good night all, enjoy the game…

• blade3colorado said, on July 8, 2013 at 8:20 pm

Good night Twin. You feeling all right????

20. Bozo said, on July 8, 2013 at 8:34 pm

Nice five by Mr. Tim,

21. Flavor said, on July 8, 2013 at 8:35 pm

Timmy’s been brilliant tonight. And the mets never score runs for Harvey. Let’s see this one end 2-1

• xoot said, on July 8, 2013 at 8:44 pm

One bad pitch. But very good pitch count and overall he’s been keeping it down. It’s easy to root for him, isn’t it?

• xoot said, on July 8, 2013 at 8:46 pm

Well, that pitch to Young wasn’t really bad. But . . . .

22. blade3colorado said, on July 8, 2013 at 8:47 pm

Damn.

23. salty said, on July 8, 2013 at 8:48 pm

This team is absolute horseshit

24. Flavor said, on July 8, 2013 at 8:49 pm

Torres just needs to stop playing LF. That was totally catchable and he didn’t come close to putting a glove on it. Cf seems to be an angle he can handle

• blade3colorado said, on July 8, 2013 at 8:50 pm

Ditto. What was Torres thinking?

25. unca_chuck said, on July 8, 2013 at 8:49 pm

And the fun continues with Torres. And the terrible offense. And the shoddy defense.

26. blade3colorado said, on July 8, 2013 at 8:49 pm

Scoots should have held onto the ball. Nice play and attempt to get the lead runner by Pablo.

• xoot said, on July 8, 2013 at 8:50 pm

Yep. And the game would be tied right now.

27. xoot said, on July 8, 2013 at 8:50 pm

I can’t say Torres misplayed the double, but he fucked up that dink from Murphy. He’s got to have a vision problem. The guys’ half blind. There’s not other explanation for his OF blunders. imo.

And the Giants are throwing this game away in the IF. Just what Lincecum needed.

28. James said, on July 8, 2013 at 8:52 pm

Th

• James said, on July 8, 2013 at 8:53 pm

This looks even worse live, folks. My bro is holding back his laughter.

29. blade3colorado said, on July 8, 2013 at 8:52 pm

Arrrrggghhh! WTF Blanco???????????? This game is in danger of becoming a rout.

30. Macdog said, on July 8, 2013 at 8:55 pm

It’s something every freakin’ game. Man, this team is so bad.

• blade3colorado said, on July 8, 2013 at 8:56 pm

Yeah, that inning was a microcosm of the entire season to date.

31. xoot said, on July 8, 2013 at 8:57 pm

Lincecum took that nightmare on, shook off the pressure, and pitched through his team’s fuckups. You could see it in his eyes, the way he asked for the ball after the Blanco fuckup. Lincecum may not be the same pitcher who won two CYs, but he’s a great player still.

• Flavor said, on July 8, 2013 at 9:01 pm

He has been brilliant tonight, never more so than after Torres and Blanco failed, miserably.

32. salty said, on July 8, 2013 at 9:00 pm

Amazing Posey gets anything to hit.

33. salty said, on July 8, 2013 at 9:05 pm

Tim has a chance to go 8 for the first time this yr.

34. Bozo said, on July 8, 2013 at 9:10 pm

35. xoot said, on July 8, 2013 at 9:11 pm

I think Linecum’s done tonight. His FB is down 3 mph; his pitch count is up. But he has pitched well and he has shown real guts tonight. Somebody in that dugout better be as moved as I am.

Well, that triple by Pence is a good sign. 🙂

36. blade3colorado said, on July 8, 2013 at 9:11 pm

No idea if it was out, since I am watching the video on the PC.

• salty said, on July 8, 2013 at 9:12 pm

37. Bozo said, on July 8, 2013 at 9:14 pm

Yes II

38. blade3colorado said, on July 8, 2013 at 9:15 pm

Moot point with that drive up the middle that almost decapitated Harvey.

39. PawlieKokonuts said, on July 8, 2013 at 9:16 pm

THAT is the Reverend preaching to the choir! Plus, I agree w/ Ron Darling that it was a bit of gamesmanship by Bochy. Have the umps do the review of Pence’s hit; break Harvey’s rhythm.

• Macdog said, on July 8, 2013 at 9:23 pm

Pretty sure that it’s Keith Hernandez.

• PawlieKokonuts said, on July 8, 2013 at 9:47 pm

You’re right. Darling back East, in the studio. So I have to conclude Keith Hernandez is better than I had thought he was.

• salty said, on July 8, 2013 at 9:23 pm

That’s nonsense, imo. It was very close to being out.

40. Macdog said, on July 8, 2013 at 9:16 pm

Now Torres bunts.

41. PawlieKokonuts said, on July 8, 2013 at 9:19 pm

Is Pablo Abreu’s personal hitting coach? Sheesh. Some swings.

42. PawlieKokonuts said, on July 8, 2013 at 9:20 pm

Timmy was terrific tonight; not so for the defense behind him.

43. Bozo said, on July 8, 2013 at 9:24 pm

Ain’t no thing, ain’t no thing. BP time, shut these fuckers down.

44. Macdog said, on July 8, 2013 at 9:26 pm

Moot point thanx to Crawdad, but . . .

Mets announcer on the Pence triple: “The wall is 24 feet high in honor of Willie Mays.”

Me: “If only Mays had worn No. 23.”

45. PawlieKokonuts said, on July 8, 2013 at 9:33 pm

fuckyeah! now get five runs!

46. Bozo said, on July 8, 2013 at 9:54 pm

Mac, Pawlie, What do you say we get one here? I don’t know about you guys, but I’m tired and wanna go to bed.

• PawlieKokonuts said, on July 8, 2013 at 9:55 pm

no kidding; how about a REAL Pence homer?

• Macdog said, on July 8, 2013 at 10:08 pm

I hear ya, Clown. Let’s end this sucker!

47. PawlieKokonuts said, on July 8, 2013 at 9:54 pm

This game has had the good (Timmy; very good; Pence’s triple), the bad (the defense and Sandoval’s hitting), and the ugly (ditto). Hey, did anyone mention Arias going on the 15-day DL? As Snarkk always says, why now? Why not when he hurt his hamstring?

48. blade3colorado said, on July 8, 2013 at 9:55 pm

“These are our guys, though,” Bochy said. “These guys have done a lot of good things here. You know [the slump] feels like it’s been forever, but it’s been maybe three weeks. It’s getting long, but still, they are our guys and we’re going to stay behind them.”

This is why I am not panicking . . . Read the rest of the column here:

49. PawlieKokonuts said, on July 8, 2013 at 9:58 pm

I honestly don’t recall the last hit by Crawford …UNTIL NOW. (OK, so he had a hit earlier in this game.)

50. Macdog said, on July 8, 2013 at 9:59 pm

Two teams that find ways to lose going extra innings. This should be fun.

51. unca_chuck said, on July 8, 2013 at 10:00 pm

Pawlie, Arias had an appendectomy. Oh joy. Extras.

52. PawlieKokonuts said, on July 8, 2013 at 10:06 pm

Here’s what I do like, from what I can discern: the crowd has not given up on this team, and the team itself has shown some spark. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE WIN THIS GAME, GIANTS.

53. salty said, on July 8, 2013 at 10:14 pm

For morale alone, this feels like a must win for the beleaguered lads.

54. blade3colorado said, on July 8, 2013 at 10:18 pm

I don’t like this at all . . . Murphy, Wright and Davis due up.

55. Bozo said, on July 8, 2013 at 10:27 pm

“Not a bad three and one pitch” – Kruk.

Yep, those pitches two or three feet off the plate, always a good idea.

56. blade3colorado said, on July 8, 2013 at 10:33 pm

Holy shit. Brandon!!!!!!!!!!!

57. Macdog said, on July 8, 2013 at 10:33 pm

The Craw!

58. unca_chuck said, on July 8, 2013 at 10:34 pm

Not the Craw. The CRAW!!!

Wow! THAT was some defense.

59. PawlieKokonuts said, on July 8, 2013 at 10:34 pm

Great play by Crawdad. The Giants get one more chance. Then Snoozeville for me. (It is not rational to be up, watching this game.)

• blade3colorado said, on July 8, 2013 at 10:37 pm

Yeah, me too. Exhausted from the last week on the road. Let’s end this here and now.

60. unca_chuck said, on July 8, 2013 at 10:36 pm

Time to win this for Pawlie . . .

Let’s go Belt!

61. PawlieKokonuts said, on July 8, 2013 at 10:37 pm

That was your pitch to hit, Belt.

62. unca_chuck said, on July 8, 2013 at 10:37 pm

Belt has to start swinging and stop looking.

• PawlieKokonuts said, on July 8, 2013 at 10:38 pm

esp. on stuff in his zone; Keith Hernandez practically told him to swing

• unca_chuck said, on July 8, 2013 at 10:38 pm

Uh, nevermind. 2-0 count leverage and he wastes it.

63. unca_chuck said, on July 8, 2013 at 10:40 pm

David Aardsma. No 1 in the Baseball Almanac.

Who wants to lose this more?

• blade3colorado said, on July 8, 2013 at 10:42 pm

Dude was a good closer once upon a time for the Mariners.

• PawlieKokonuts said, on July 8, 2013 at 10:43 pm

is he not a former Giant?

• blade3colorado said, on July 8, 2013 at 10:45 pm

Yes, I think so . . . Again, once upon a time.

64. snarkk said, on July 8, 2013 at 10:42 pm

I heard on radio earlier that Noonan was 0-21 as a PHer, then made out. Sheezus…

65. blade3colorado said, on July 8, 2013 at 10:44 pm

How appropriate – Craw saves the game with his glove and gets the game winning _________ (fill in the blank).

66. PawlieKokonuts said, on July 8, 2013 at 10:46 pm

sorry, girls; g’night

• PawlieKokonuts said, on July 8, 2013 at 10:48 pm

win? I’d be amped up for another hour
      lose? I’d be depressed so much I couldn’t sleep
      but it’s gonna be very hard not to check the score
      good luck, boys

67. blade3colorado said, on July 8, 2013 at 10:46 pm

Pfffft! Beddie time for me. Move over Twin . . . 🙂

68. snarkk said, on July 8, 2013 at 10:48 pm

My imagination or do the Giants v. Mets specialize in extra inning affairs? I’d like to see lifetime stats on who we’ve played the most extras against.
    Tim deserved better. He pitched very well, and for some reason, as usual gets shitty defensive support…

69. snarkk said, on July 8, 2013 at 10:49 pm

This one is now officially frosting my ass. The Giants look like they don’t want to friggin win this thing…

70. PawlieKokonuts said, on July 8, 2013 at 10:50 pm

It’s like I keep looking at — at — what? — car crashes? g’night

71. unca_chuck said, on July 8, 2013 at 10:55 pm

Nice D after all. However, with no offense to speak of . . .

72. unca_chuck said, on July 8, 2013 at 11:00 pm

Yeah, Aardsma got his 1st career win as a Giant. 2002?

73. Macdog said, on July 8, 2013 at 11:09 pm

So much for Belt in the 3 hole.

74. xoot said, on July 8, 2013 at 11:13 pm

Well, I guess we’re down to the grit here now, huh? Can this kid Dunning hang on? I hate the 13th inning. Unless we win.

75. salty said, on July 8, 2013 at 11:15 pm

Where would this team be without Gaudin Rosario and Dunning…the unlikeliest of saviors.