A Place To Talk About Giants Baseball

Finding Your Way To San Francisco at the End of Your Career

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on August 2, 2013

Last night, San Dawg started up a great discussion, maybe the best of the year, with his list of ex-Giants who came to SF at the tail end of their career. He fired off  Warren Spahn, Duke Snider, Steve Carlton, Goose Gossage, Tommy Herr, Joe Morgan, Reggie Smith, Dusty Baker, Gary Carter, Al Oliver, Manny Trillo.

When I quickly read that list I assumed he was talking about players who were still productive (except for Manny Trillo who I recalled sucking with us). Spahn and Snider I have no recollection of as I wasn’t born yet. So I’m not gonna look them up. Here’s what the other guys did with us.

Carlton:  That dude is 68 years old right now. Wow. Anyway, he pitched 6 games for us back in ’86. We picked him off the scrap heap after the Phillies released him. he was awful with us , going 1-3 in 30 innings pitched. He walked 16 and struck out 18. Amazingly, he pitched 2 more seasons (with the Twins and the Indians) after the Giants released him.

Gossage: He pitched one season for us (1989). He had good stats, going 2-1 with a 2.68ERA. He even had 4 saves. We waived him in August and he pitched the rest of the ’89 season with the Yanks. Anyone remember why we let him go?

Tommy Herr: no recollection at all of this dude. But we did pick him up off waivers in ’91 after the Mets released him. He hit .250 in 73 at bats, probably pinch hitting a little. He never played in the major leagues again.

Joe Morgan: This is the name that originally had me thinking it was a list of productive players at the end of their career. He played with us in ’81 and ’82. It was the ’82 year that I recall so well and he did put up nice stats that season: .289, 14bombs, 24 sb’s. Besides the big fly at the end of the season to beat the Dodgers, I think he was a major team leader in the same way Angel Pagan led us last year (and this year until he went down)……..

Reggie Smith: This is another dude I remember as a stud with us. Just looked him up and he was. In his final season (1982) he hit .289 with 18 bombs in 106 games…..

Dusty Baker: He played for us in 1984 hitting .292 in 100 games. He would go on to play 2 more seasons with the A’s.

Gary Carter: split catching duties in 1990 with, apparently, a bunch of guys. The Giants have 6 catchers listed on that team, lol. Mark Bailey, Bill Bathe, Steve Decker, terry Kennedy, Kirt Manwaring and Carter. He played in 92 games hitting .254 which was right around his career batting average of .262. Probably played the role of leader quite well….

Al Oliver: played with us in 1984. Did what he did, hitting .298. We traded him in August to the Phillies for Kelly Downs. Later we sent Renie Martin to them to complete the trade. He hit .312 for the Phillies the rest of the way. I have no evidence of this but it wouldn’t surprise me if he was pretty coked out that year and the Giants unloaded him because of it. Just a guess though.

Manny Trillo: played with us in ’84 and ’85. Sucked. And I remember he had a bad attitude, too. He went on to finish his career with the Cubs.

There were other great names thrown out last night: Darryl Strawberry, The Big Cat, Dunston, Benny Santiago, Blownitez, Eric Davis, Joe Carter, etc…..

It was a great list. Here’s one I didn’t see listed: Deon Sanders!

Hey, I’m going out of town for about 10 days so if I don’t get a thread up by 10 or 11am feel free to Stable Boy it till I get back.

1. PawlieKokonuts said, on August 2, 2013 at 7:53 am

Good stuff. Thanks for the research. It all proves the Marcel Proust thing about memory being very tricky and selective. (Mentioning Proust is my way of trying to make things snobby and pinkies out here.) Here’s why numbers never tell the whole story: my ONLY memory of Gossage as a Giant is that he walked in a bases-loaded run. In fact, I cling to the notion that it was worse than that, that he loaded up the bases and then walked a run in. Maybe against the Mets. Maybe DJLoo knows. As for Deion Sanders, I feel he was fun and fast and energetic, but he honestly did not understand baseball, neither as a fielder nor as a base runner. But that’s just me.

Enjoy your trip. Celebrate Jerry Garcia Day.

2. willedav said, on August 2, 2013 at 7:53 am

funny thread, what a great read. I remember trying to do the Montanez snatch catch in BP too in those days. Never had the cojones to try and do it in a game tho. It’s like a behind the back pass–you f one up, everyone’s all over your ass.
    SDawg, I was at the game in Oaktown when Worthy did his 360 move and finish off the glass. That was just jaw dropping–looked like he was cut off, and then whoosh. Finishing on the break or attacking basket in open court, he was unstoppable, like Bernard King.

3. willedav said, on August 2, 2013 at 7:58 am

O for oberkfell was a good one too. Used to watch a lot of braves baseball on *superstation* when they were on everyday, and in those days absolutely sucked; one year they lost 106. My buddies and I used to make fun of lot of their crummier players and Skip caray whining about them. These weren’t the famous types on last legs, they just plain sucked.

• chipower9 said, on August 2, 2013 at 9:00 am

Was on a couple of business trips to Atlanta area back in those days. Yes, the Braves sucked, but so did the Falcoons. I remember a guy in the office where we were working who had a saying: “Go Braves…and take the Falcons with you!”

4. unca_chuck said, on August 2, 2013 at 8:03 am

Didn’t Carlton get his 4,000th K with the Giants? Much like Randy Johnson and his 300th win . . .

5. willedav said, on August 2, 2013 at 8:03 am

Maybe it was just schadenfreude to laugh at the Braves, since SF sucked in those days too…times of guy sularz, johnny rabb and champ summers.
    I hope this season doesn’t turn into a schaden-type one, where only satisfaction comes from watching others f up. tho I do admit to enjoying watching Cards, ESPN’s NL darlings, drop 7 in a row and fall in second place.

6. Nipper said, on August 2, 2013 at 8:23 am

Yesterdays throw from left field. Damn it was great. Those are the plays I love to see and it sticks in my feeble mind bringing back the great throws from the past.

7. Alleykat said, on August 2, 2013 at 8:48 am

You never know what a baseball player is capable of…
    Example, Mike Benjamin a career .229 hitter goes off in 4 straight games back in 1985.
    6.straight hits tying a Giants record,followed up by 4 more,then 3 to set a Mlb record.of 14 in 3 games.Just measly,lol 1 hit.in the 4th.game to tie a record with 15 hits.

8. PawlieKokonuts said, on August 2, 2013 at 8:54 am

Andres Gallaraga was noted yesterday. I looked him up. Not a bad career at all. And beloved by all.

• willedav said, on August 2, 2013 at 9:12 am

yeah solid player PK. Could hit for avg., plenty of power, and good glove to boot. Expos had some players, just couldn’t quite get to the top. Terrible unis tho.
      Saw a comment about fan base etc., from a guy who claimed Montreal had 3 papers covering the canadiens full time–in July.

9. chipower9 said, on August 2, 2013 at 9:08 am

One I shared last night was Ernest Riles, who also hit (according to “some” sources) the 10,000th Giant’s HR (first club to hit 10,000). There are other sources who say it was Will Clark. Regardless, I remember him as I was at the game at the Stick…21-2 laugher.

• snarkk said, on August 2, 2013 at 10:16 am

Riles did the 10,000th. Book it…

• Alleykat said, on August 2, 2013 at 10:46 am

Agree it was Ernie Riles.

• chipower9 said, on August 2, 2013 at 2:08 pm

That’s the story I am running with (that it was Riles), but here is the article I found where they list the two sources, and explain how the controversy (over who actually hit number 10,000) came to be.

10. SanDawg said, on August 2, 2013 at 9:21 am

Pawlie-I think you’re on to something with that Goose Gossage walking the bases loaded and then walking in the winning run remembrance. That rings a bell.
    Neon Deion was too much in his prime for my list, but again a great guy to recall. Someone here (Chuck maybe) has a great story about being at the game at The Stick when the Giants gave away baseballs and the fans kept throwing them on the field. The person telling the story claimed that fans were tossing Deion balls and he was signing them between batters (or maybe during pitching changes) during the freaking game!
    I love that story. Please tell it again whoever you were.
    …and I loved the Ernie Riles reference!

• PawlieKokonuts said, on August 2, 2013 at 9:56 am

good story; doing a little research, instead of pretend-work

• chipower9 said, on August 2, 2013 at 2:13 pm

We were at a game during the time when Neon was with the Giants. It was one of those “hang-out and get some autograph days” where you could get players’ autographs after the game. So, while we are waiting in line (this right along where the players would drive out) Deion comes by and throws his batting gloves towards the crowd. My son just missed getting them.

11. PawlieKokonuts said, on August 2, 2013 at 9:55 am

What about Jim Deshaies? He is a rare MLB alumnus of my alma mater, Le Moyne College — a good baseball, and drinking, college (the latter when I was there).

• SanDawg said, on August 2, 2013 at 10:30 am

Deshaies is a good one. Reminds me of Danny Darwin, who is also a nice fit.

• chipower9 said, on August 2, 2013 at 2:16 pm

Darwin is a good one. How about Steve Bedrosian?

• SanDawg said, on August 2, 2013 at 2:53 pm

Nice Chi!

12. Alleykat said, on August 2, 2013 at 9:57 am

Had to feel bad for x-Giant good guy Robbie Thompson..
    Last night filling in for manager Eric.Wedge against the.Red Soxs,Robbie.pulled a Donny 2 step.Up 7-2 in the 9th their closer gettin lit up he heads out to make a change,he.makes a motion with his left arm which the umpire clearly saw but Robbie wanted a righthander,ump said no way Robbie , so the lefty had to come in to face Victorino who of course delivered a 2 base hit and they went on to beat the Mariners…Yikes!

• PawlieKokonuts said, on August 2, 2013 at 10:09 am

6-run ninth

• snarkk said, on August 2, 2013 at 12:01 pm

I don’t get it. Did the LHP in the Pen actually cross the foul line or something? What’s the rule on that? Signalling is the trigger for a reliever to enter the game, not actual entrance onto the field of play? That’s bogus, IMO. Equivalent to a PH standing on deck, but not being announced? Seems very rigid, especially with umps missing calls left and right these days — a manager gets no slack for momentarily signalling with the wrong arm? What if this manager signals everybody with his right arm, but uses 1 or 2 fingers to designate righty/lefty? What if Dravecky were a manager — he couldn’t signal in any lefties?. I don’t see any attempt at deception or to gain advantage, so what’s the problem here?…

• chipower9 said, on August 2, 2013 at 2:18 pm

Loved that year when Thompson and Clark came up as rooks. Robby will always be one of my all-time favortie Giants. Just loved the way he carried himself and played the game. Uribe, to Thompson, to Clark. Double Play!

13. PawlieKokonuts said, on August 2, 2013 at 10:08 am

OK. Here it is. Gossage sucked on this night in 1989. Seems like yesterday. And guess who hit a homer for us? Ernest Riles.

And I thought these recent games were frustrating! What a dismal loss. No wonder it was burned in my memory. Fuck Gossage.

• PawlieKokonuts said, on August 2, 2013 at 10:17 am

Well, we did win the pennant that year, with and without Gossage. http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/NYN/NYN198905190.shtml

• SanDawg said, on August 2, 2013 at 10:38 am

Nice work, Pawlie. And I like the ad featuring the hot seniorita hawking spanish lessons embedded within the article. Or was that just something on my computer? These crazy computers these days and their targeted ads. Big Brother knows SanDawg wishes he could habla and loves him some senioritas.
      Riles homered off David Cone and Caveman notched his 1,000th strikeout. Good stuff!

• blade3colorado said, on August 2, 2013 at 11:37 am

No shit. I am getting tired of these frickin’ ads . . . If I click more than twice on a yahoo email, a browser window opens up, trying to sell me something. No idea what is worse – Zappos sending me targeted shoe ads or the NSA spying on me with regard to planning my next Jihad.

• snarkk said, on August 2, 2013 at 12:22 pm

I haven’t looked at the Goose’s career stats, or Giants’ stats — meager as they probably are. I do vaguely remember he wasn’t very good when he was with the Giants. Bit boorish, too, as I remember. Anyway, he’s a guy I consider a real fence rider for the HOF. When I think HOF, I don’t think Goose. If he hadn’t had a stint in NY, I doubt he would have made it into the HOF. Now that he’s in, I’ve heard him say some things about letting others in that sound pretty self important. Goose in, and Clemens and Bonds not in, there’s something wrong with that, IMO…

14. SanDawg said, on August 2, 2013 at 11:19 am

Scott Sanderson

15. Bozo said, on August 2, 2013 at 11:58 am

Russ Davis. I don’t know if he was a stud before joining us but he sure went into the tank after that kid called him Roos.

• SanDawg said, on August 2, 2013 at 12:06 pm

OK, you got me on that one. I had almost totally forgotten about the Russ Davis era. Who was the kid who butchered his name—-a young Bozo perhaps?
      And Bozo, you SHOULD have been tarred and feathered for throwing Willie Mac’s name into the conversation last night (even though he fits the criteria perfectly)
      Joe Carter was epic though—maybe my favorite of the night.

• Bozo said, on August 2, 2013 at 12:16 pm

I was at the Roos game, they were bringing kids down from the stands to announce the batters for an inning or two. The minute the kid said it, it stuck. I think that poor guy left baseball after that.

16. unca_chuck said, on August 2, 2013 at 12:01 pm

I was at the Dodger riot. I remember the photo ball day but I wasn’t there.

• SanDawg said, on August 2, 2013 at 12:07 pm

Hmmm….who was it then—Alley Cat mayhaps?

• Bozo said, on August 2, 2013 at 12:13 pm

Are you talking about the photo ball day against the Braves? It was awesome, I think we came back from like 4 runs down 3 times that day and with the long delays to clean-up the field it was a long day. The balls were given to kids but once a few flew the parents must of bribed the kids because it began to shower balls from all over the stadium. Oddly, It seemed like a beautiful thing to me. I wish I had a photo of it.

• SanDawg said, on August 2, 2013 at 12:20 pm

Yes, that game! Someone here tells a story that involves Primetime signing balls during the game.

• Bozo said, on August 2, 2013 at 12:32 pm

That’s what chilled out the crowd. A kid dropped a ball between innings and Sanders went over, signed it and gave it back to the kid. The bleachers erupted in cheers and Dion was safe for the rest of the game. An inning or two before he had taken a full beer to the face when he was trying to catch a ball, so when he did the right thing for the kid, it went back to being a ballgame, sort of, if I remember right the game was halted a couple of times for balls and crap thrown. The umps almost forfeited the game.

• SanDawg said, on August 2, 2013 at 3:00 pm

…ahhh so Deion was still on the BRAVES at that time, not the Giants.

17. Bozo said, on August 2, 2013 at 12:25 pm

But look at some of the stiffs we got rid of, I mean that George Foster kid wasn’t going to do anything. And we got Frank Duffy and Vern Geishert. I don ‘t think Vern ever made it to the majors and ol’ Frank was with us for a few games before we packaged him up with Gaylord Perry for the Sam McDowell sucked after we got him, so I guess I’m back in.
    I knew we didn’t get much for Foster but I hat to cheat here to see how badly we fucked that one up.

• snarkk said, on August 2, 2013 at 12:28 pm

“Sudden Sam”, I think, might have been decent, not good, for one season. Then, I think he sucked thereafter and only lasted another year or two with the Giants, have no idea if he pitched anywhere else afterwards. Horrendous trade. In those dark days, it always seems the Giants got hosed in every trade, they were treated as a farm team by the top teams — Stoneham got rid of just about anybody that was heading for a higher paycheck. Good ‘ol Horace. Donald Sterling may have used him and Calvin Griffith as role models for being a cheapass owner..

• zumiee said, on August 2, 2013 at 12:43 pm

The Giants were the Stoneham family’s source of income, like the old days. The problem was, it wasn’t the old days anymore.

18. Bozo said, on August 2, 2013 at 12:36 pm

Do you all remember the break in where the visiting team’s unis and gear were swiped (I think it was the Stros)? It seemed like all the kids in Hunter’s Point were styling MLB gear after that,

19. zumiee said, on August 2, 2013 at 12:51 pm

Until right now, with last night’s and today’s topic, I had never fully appreciated the implications of that ’82 Giants team knocking the Dodgers out of playoff contention. I mean, I always could get a kick out of seeing Lasorda’s anguish after Morgan’s homerun, and knocking the Dodgers out was awesome; but I had never really fully thought about the fact that the Dodgers were the DEFENDING CHAMPIONS that year. And now, in the last couple of years, with the Giants trying to defend the crown a couple of times, I have a better understanding of the emotion of what happened that day. And what would be more painful, a slow-moving trainwreck like the Giants and their fans have experienced this season, or to get knocked out on a dramatic homerun in the last weekend of the season?

• xoot said, on August 2, 2013 at 1:03 pm

Well, the bums were the strike year champs–very strange PS.

• snarkk said, on August 2, 2013 at 1:07 pm

For me, I’d rather get knocked out by my team’s rival the last weekend. That means the season was a success. To go from first to worst is just flat embarrassing, and calls into play the “luck” factor argument about the legitimacy of the 2012 championship. I don’t subscribe to “luck” being involved much in winning a WS. You have to win too many games and series to be “lucky” at winning a WS title. You don’t sweep a WS opponent with “luck”. But, some will point to first to worst as proof, so I’d rather the Giants finish this season with a push, while they play youngsters to see what we have/not. Let the Rocks be bottom dwellers. The Immaculate Reception was luck. Dominant pitching is not luck — if it were, Bob Gibson was the luckiest dude alive in 1968…

20. xoot said, on August 2, 2013 at 1:06 pm

Great list last night. I just ran through mlb’s all-time Giants roster and noticed that Duke Snider finished his career in 64 with the Giants, batting .210 (etc.)

Man are there some entertaining names on that all-time list.

• SanDawg said, on August 2, 2013 at 3:09 pm

I mean, I shouldn’t care as it would still be a couple of months before I would be born, but what the FUCK were we thinking signing Duke Snider? Outstanding career to be sure, but both the Doggers and the Hapless expansion Mets had cut him loose and he had put up several subpar seasons in a row. There is desperate and then there’s THAT. Dodger fans from Brooklyn to Burbank had to be laughing their asses off at us for bringing him on board at that stage in his career.
      No wonder I have an inferiority complex when it comes to the Dodgers.

21. twinfan1 said, on August 2, 2013 at 1:16 pm

1. Gregor Blanco (L) CF

2. Marco Scutaro (R) 2B

3. Pablo Sandoval (S) DH

4. Buster Posey (R) C

5. Roger Kieschnick (L) LF

6. Hunter Pence (R) RF

7. Brandon Belt (L) 1B

8. Brandon Crawford (L) SS

9. Joaquin Arias (R) 3B

22. snarkk said, on August 2, 2013 at 1:19 pm

Any thoughts on the Zitman? Is he pitching Sunday? I say no. Skip him for [insert reason here]. I do think he’ll get at least one more start at ATT so he can be taken out early to applause or something. One last start. Then Voggy comes back, and it’s time to cut bait. Why would they put Zito in the Pen? Won’t happen. He’ll go on the DL for a few weeks with shoulder problems or something. Then, when Sept 1 hits, the rosters open up, they won’t need to do anything embarrassing before the season ends. Bad contracts never die, they just fade away…

• SanDawg said, on August 2, 2013 at 3:11 pm

I think you have a great plan and it should be implemented immediately. I won’t be surprised if that is exactly how it all goes down with Zito either.

23. Alleykat said, on August 2, 2013 at 1:54 pm

Cracks me up.Pill on a tear gets benched.Gotta hand it to Bork he plays no favorites.Instead of having Belt break 10,000 beatings by Bork (to Ernie Riles 10,000th HR) he throws him a bone tonight.No place left.on Belt’s body to bruise I guess?

• snarkk said, on August 2, 2013 at 2:11 pm

I’m surprised Kieschnick’s playing again. He’ll probably need to hit two HRs tonite to stay in the LU tomorrow over Torres…

• chipower9 said, on August 2, 2013 at 2:22 pm

AT LEAST two HRs. Let’s go 22! I’m pulling for the kid big time. I was calling for him to come up way earlier in the year. Glad to see he FINALLY is getting his cup of coffee. Was sweet that his first ML AB he got a hit, and also cool that mom and dad were there to see it.

• snarkk said, on August 2, 2013 at 2:27 pm

Belt could hit for the cycle tonight, and Pill will be in there tomorrow if the starter is a LHP…

• snarkk said, on August 2, 2013 at 2:34 pm

I don’t get Pablo as DH. Why not Pill as DH? Arias available off the bench. You’re likely going to need all the offense you can muster, and Pill’s been hot, he should be able to crank one out of this bandbox, if anybody does, with 4 shots at it tonight. Instead, off the bench he might get one AB. Who’s more likely to rip a dinger, Pill or Arias? If Panda is hurt, that’s the only explanation that makes sense. If he is hurt, this shows again how his “out of shapeness” degrades lineups and the offense, this time even indirectly…

• twinfan1 said, on August 2, 2013 at 2:45 pm

Kieschnick plays LF, Torres plays CF. Make a note.

• snarkk said, on August 2, 2013 at 2:51 pm

Yep, those Torres misplays of line drives and singles to LF have been a mirage, he’s screwed them up because he came over from CF to misplay them…

• twinfan1 said, on August 2, 2013 at 3:20 pm

I believe that Bochy has said that Panda, Posey, and Scooter will be the DHs. Pill will start at 1st against the LHer tomorrow. Moscoso starts for Zitboy Sunday.. Roger will start tomorrow if he has 12 RBIs tonight. Maybe.

• twinfan1 said, on August 2, 2013 at 3:32 pm

Wrong spot.

• twinfan1 said, on August 2, 2013 at 2:57 pm

Torres and Blanco have been platooning in CF and leading off. Kieschnick would not be supplanted by Torres because they have both been playing together, Roger in left, Andres in center. It’s important to bitch about the right guy- it’s Francouer who has been starting in LF against LHers.
      Try to keep up.

• twinfan1 said, on August 2, 2013 at 3:04 pm

Torres hasn’t started in LF since early July.

• snarkk said, on August 2, 2013 at 3:04 pm

Check the game logs. Torres has played the VAST majority of the season in LF. That was my point. He screwed up so much, they’ve demoted his ass to sharing CF with Blanco. The snark was that Bochy plays around so much with the lineup, he’d put Torres in LF, despite his screwups, instead of Kieschnick — if Kieschnick doesn’t hit his ass off every game. Just like my prior snark on Belt getting a cycle tonight, and out of the LU tomorrow anyway. Please follow along. Your knee/jerk love for Torres despite his horrible play in LF is making you miss the joke…

• twinfan1 said, on August 2, 2013 at 3:36 pm

No, you fucked up about who has been playing CF and won’t admit it. Roger and Torres play together. You’ll need to do your bitching about Francouer tomorrow. Torres and Blanco should have been platooning in CF from day one, BTW.

• twinfan1 said, on August 2, 2013 at 3:45 pm

I criticized Yungo’s play in LF as much as the rest here. I just didn’t make the laughable and ignorant assertion that he was a poor defensive outfielder. His troubles there remain a mystery, and he’s played his usual excellent defense in CF. What’s “knee jerk” is your trashing of him, even in 2010.

• snarkk said, on August 2, 2013 at 4:28 pm

Funny how you can divine what I know or didn’t know via bits and bytes. I know who has been playing the OF positions since Frenchy showed up, thank you. How could I miss Torres getting supplanted out in LF by dumpster diving trash from Kansas City, which I’ve talked about a lot, like everybody else? Do you think last night I mistook Frenchy’s great fielding and throw out assist at home for Torres? Uh, no. If you’d followed my mini-thread (the posts’ intent were to crush Bochy, if you hadn’t noticed) of Bochy not letting hot guys hit over several games, you would have gotten the point about Kieschnick probably getting sat after hitting well for Torres (despite his fielding woes). As I explained. I’m not into explaining my sarcasm or how to follow along, so if you can’t figure it out without every single point explained in minute detail, oh well. I can’t help it if Torres love immediately confounds your ability to follow along. He’s sucked in LF all year, and that’s part of why they got tire fire Frenchy to see if he could at least catch the damn ball out in LF, even though he’s basically been a RFer most of his career. He can field out there, but he can’t hit. Surprise. Torres has turned into what I expected, ho hum offense, but way way worse defense than expected, for some reason. He’s lucky he hasn’t been DFA’d. I even semi-defended him on his D because maybe it was medical. I’m not the only one to call him on horrid D, everyone and his brother has. You were last to that party. At least Blanco catches the damn ball most of the time while also hitting around .250, give or take…

24. WilcoJoe said, on August 2, 2013 at 3:13 pm

Haven’t read today’s thread yet, but I wanted to give a knowing head dude nod to Snarkk and SadDawg for the posts at the end of last nights thread…Sometimes the non-baseball chat is the best thing this place has going…The discussion about scotch/bourbon etiquette was priceless…Flav if you started charging a fee to read these posts, I would subscribe. Now excuse me as I go poor myself a nice George Dickel.

• SanDawg said, on August 2, 2013 at 3:19 pm

With or without cherry juice?

• snarkk said, on August 2, 2013 at 4:34 pm

EZ on the ice…

25. Flavor said, on August 2, 2013 at 3:49 pm

Just rolled into Reno for a couple of nights before heading to Sun Valley.
    Now, I wouldn’t ever bet against the Giants, but I’m staring at +145 on the Rays -1.5.
    That seems like free money right there. But I will resist.

• blade3colorado said, on August 2, 2013 at 4:50 pm

Win some money Flavor. We will understand. 🙂

26. twinfan1 said, on August 2, 2013 at 3:51 pm

Gametime Thread.

27. Bozo said, on August 2, 2013 at 4:45 pm

Love me a strike em out throw em out.