A Place To Talk About Giants Baseball

When 0, 1, 2 and 3 Just Isn’t Enough

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on August 5, 2013

See if any of you can guess what these numbers are:

2, 4, 1, 0, 3, 3, 2, 0, 1, 3, 9, 2, 4, 1, 3

I’m assuming the 9 gave it away. That was that glorious, bountiful windfall that our pathetic offense gifts us once a month or so. I should go back and look up how many times our O has scored 9 or more this year but I’m on a patchwork system up here in the mountains and it would take too long and either underwhelm me or piss me off so…..skip it.

In July we scored the fewest runs in the major leagues (78). Detroit, the team we swept in the WS last year, scored 153. I wonder who would sweep who now. Anyway, that’s how July went. In June we scored the 2nd fewest runs in the major leagues (90). So when Bochy says the offense is in a rut he needs to re-frame that to something more encompassing. When you’re going on your 3rd month of sucking and failing at the plate it effects everything and can easily be pointed to as the reason this season went into the dumpster so early and so spectacularly…….

And now we get to look forward to a change at lead off. Hmmmm, that only took going on 3 months…. “We are not getting any production from our lead off hitters,” Bochy declared.

Just the lead off hitters, Skip?

1. blade3colorado said, on August 5, 2013 at 7:15 am

Everything is pointing to another bountiful 9 runs on September 7th.

2. SanDawg said, on August 5, 2013 at 7:34 am

Anyone up for Frenchy in the leadoff spot? Didn’t think so.

James–make sure you brief the Benelux kid on the legend of Rikkert Fanneyte!

3. Bozo said, on August 5, 2013 at 7:49 am

I think I’d like to see Hunter leading off. I’m not sure if it’s because I think it would be productive or just humorous.

The Doggie Donnies are 61 and 49 and we are 49 and 61, that sucks. Having a better record in the loss column than the Cubs, doesn’t help much.

4. PawlieKokonuts said, on August 5, 2013 at 7:58 am

1. Dumpster is a proper noun. 2. I ate the spicy chicken, as Macdog and Kid watched, without wincing. 3. I walked the dog late last night, urged by my daughter despite my protests concerning the risks. Maggie and I got up to the entrance to Burnet Park. She darted. A cat curled up. In nanoseconds my mind said it might not be a cat, especially because Maggie was “sneezing.” So we bolted back home. It was not a cat. Too late. Even though I did not get sprayed I carried the skunk fragrance into the house. At Wegmans as I bought Simple Solution Super-Concentrated Skunk Odor Eliminator, I asked the clerk, Can you tell? Be honest. She said, A little. It’s subtle, she said kindly. 4. So stop whining.

5. Nipper said, on August 5, 2013 at 8:56 am

I agree with Flavor…….GIANTS SUCK! I’m not happy but what the hell. Life goes on.

6. eddacker said, on August 5, 2013 at 9:25 am

When Bruce says, “our lead off hitters”, I hope he means: any batter that has lead off an inning in any game during the last 3 months. Cause that is what he should have meant. The O must have started off the season strong; I am not sure. Any memories of how we were playing when we were in first place have been vandalized by the way we have played since.

I am wearing my SF Giants cap as I type this. I wear it because I am a fan. It was really great being a fan of a winning team. Unfortunately, today, being a fan seems like all too familiar old times.

The thought of winning a series against the Rays had me pumped up. Now? I could get more pumped up thinking about cleaning the toilet.

Go Gigantes!

• Flavor said, on August 5, 2013 at 9:38 am

He’s talking about the guys in the 1 spot— it doesn’t matter if they lead off an inning or not, their job is to get on base for the *big*bats behind them. And they haven’t done the job. Now I hear Belt ,might be slotted for the 5 spot? That should be worth a couple of walks a game. Anyone consider Belt for lead off? Makes the most sense to me—might as well take advantage of those walks cause thats not what the 5-hole guy is expected to do

7. snarkk said, on August 5, 2013 at 10:45 am

Obviously, there are players here this season that are not back next. That is the silver lining I see in this slide. It is a time that demands introspection, analysis and forward thinking. Where is this team headed? Strategically. Do you keep drafting the same way? What’s the focus of international scouting and signings? The advance of the Dodgers cannot be ignored. The money down there is amazing. LA will not be run any more by a couple of rich people in the middle of a divorce war. It will be run by rich people with good management. SF needs to compete, and has a pretty good sack of coin to do that. It’s going to take more than guys like Blanco, Torres, Juan Perez, Tanaka, etc., you know all the names, and probably Kieschnick, too. You need major league hitters to compete, because the absolute dominating pitching that got us two WS trophies, that window is closed now. Good pitching can continue, but dominating pitching that offsets offensive futility — that’s a once in a generation thing, IMO. You cannot win divisions scoring 3 runs a game, sending your MVP rounding third to home on a suicide mission with nobody out, and leadoff spots with a month long .265 OBP…

8. snarkk said, on August 5, 2013 at 10:55 am

Brewers are dogmeat. So are we, but we’re not quite as bad as Milwaukee. They are down the dumper, they have the Braun thing, their dauber is so far down, they can’t find it. Giants should, should win this series, get a little mojo going. I’d like to see Kieschnick play and play, there’s no good reason not to…

9. PawlieKokonuts said, on August 5, 2013 at 10:55 am

I’m in a “po-tay” state o’ mind.

10. snarkk said, on August 5, 2013 at 11:05 am

Looks like A-Rod is not ready to be po-tayed. I think it’s shameful the way the Budster is orchestrating a Yankees bailout from a stoopid contract. And, that’s what this A-Rod witch hunt far beyond the other users is largely about. If he were with the D-backs, he wouldn’t for a second be getting this hammer treatment, he’d just be another ‘roider with a really really stoopid contract…

• blade3colorado said, on August 5, 2013 at 11:26 am

I despise Rodriguez and I’m glad that he probably wont be able to go beyond 647 HRs with this 214 game suspension he’ll face soon. That being said, there is only one person I probably despise more than A-Rod and that’s the “Car Salesman” commissioner.

I agree with you snarkk, that this is total bullshit having A-Rod suspended under the commissioner’s powers versus the collective bargaining agreement, where it would allow A-Rod to keep playing while his case is being appealed.

11. blade3colorado said, on August 5, 2013 at 11:12 am

Interesting that all the suspended PED users are Latin players, with one exception, Ryan Braun. My Flap team (which is in 1st) had Peralta suspended; and another FL team I have (also in 1st), has Cruz suspended.

• snarkk said, on August 5, 2013 at 11:30 am

Maybe it has something to do with the S. Florida location? The ‘roiders come in all colors and ethnicities, obviously. In 2012, 27% of MLB players were Latin origin, from US or other countries. MLB got lucky with this mother lode source of juicers. There’s gotta be more out there, maybe the next clinic or source will have more varied ethnic clients, Balco seemed to. ManRam got his stuff from some doctor in the Miami area. Here’s a report on ethnicities in MLB, on the field and management. Pretty interesting stuff…

Click to access 2012_MLB_RGRC.pdf

• blade3colorado said, on August 5, 2013 at 12:20 pm

Belay what I said earlier, i.e., it looks like ARod will be allowed to play while he appeals. I thought that was a sticking point in MLB, ARod, and Union negotiations, but according to ESPN, “Rodriguez will be suspended through the end of the 2014 season in an announcement to come at 3 p.m. ET, sources told ESPN’s T.J. Quinn. Rodriguez is expected to appeal and will be allowed to play until his appeal is heard.”

• snarkk said, on August 5, 2013 at 12:58 pm

Chickens coming home to roost. MLB, the owners, the players union, all allowed this PEDs stuff to get out of hand. For the sake of money. Now, it’s blowing up, and this is some attempt to show they’re cracking down. Until the players and MLB agree on a draconian set of punishments and an Olympics type testing program, it’s a show. And, A-Rod is due so much money, he’s not giving up $35 million without a fight. What a circus…

12. unca_chuck said, on August 5, 2013 at 11:23 am

For all the angst around the Dodgers and their recently acquired acumen, they haven’t done a goddamned thing. Yet. Will they win the next 2 World Series? No. The next 2 out of 3? Doubtful. The next ONE? Possibly, but it ain’t a certainty. The point being, it’s a pretty stupid game to gun after the team that is spending wildly and hasn’t reached their goal. Yes, the Giants need to turn over some roster spots. Scoots and LF being the biggest holes in my book. Vogey is coming back, and we’ll see how he responds to being back in the mix. ZIts will be gone, and it looks as if Gaudin will stick as a starter. The pen needs some tweaking, what with Affeldt likely gone, and the struggles of Kontos and Machi, and the rest of the bottom-feeders, but those fixes shouldn’t be too hard to correct..But to think they need to retool the entire team is admitting defeat for next year. I don’t think they need to turn the roster over that hard to be near the top next year.

• snarkk said, on August 5, 2013 at 11:34 am

Do the RSox blithely ride along whistling show tunes as the Yankees make some mistakes blowing cash on dumb deals? No. They have to keep up if they want to compete. To me, the key is spending more in US and international drafting and development. The Giants simply must develop more top position players internally. That way, they don’t have to keep up as much financially on the FA end…

• unca_chuck said, on August 5, 2013 at 1:01 pm

No, Snarkk, but Boston didn’t join the spending race for about 18 years after the Yanks ramped it up. Yeah, they need to do more draft-wise. They’ve got a pretty good amount of current HG talent on the team compared to bupkis only a few years ago. No team hits the draft all the time. Can the do better? Sure.

• salty said, on August 5, 2013 at 12:50 pm

Did You mean Lopez instead of Affeldt?

13. unca_chuck said, on August 5, 2013 at 11:25 am

Shit, I’d like to see either Pence or Belt leading off. At least they’d likely see a few more fastballs. Both are fast and can steal. Put ’em 1-2.

14. twinfan1 said, on August 5, 2013 at 12:09 pm

of those who have tried the #1 spot, pagan’s obp in the 1 is .315, torres .313. and blanco .296. as snarkk says the lastt month has been terrible there. a change there is fine idea, the spot has been poor since the beginning of the season obviously. obp and speed are the two primary assets needed, so the new leadoff hitter should be the hityter who best combine the two. take your pick btween scutaro, pence, beelt, and crawford- i think it should be scooter, who only has average speed but the second best obp behind buster. i wont tell you who should be in the two. sorry for the lower case it’s easier on my hands.

• snarkk said, on August 5, 2013 at 12:18 pm

Oracle has exactly the right take on the leadoff. Scutaro’s the right choice. #2 OBP on the team. He’s not fast, but he’s not slow, either. Crawford, IMO, might be second choice, he’d get some pitches to hit, so maybe he’d up the .OBP some, and he has some speed with some doubles pop, which Scutz does not really have much. IMO Belt and Pence need to stay down the order, they’re part of the meager power guys we have…

15. snarkk said, on August 5, 2013 at 1:08 pm

Speaking of leadoffs. Gary Brown watch.
    So far this year at Fresno:
    BA .237
    OBP .295 (.274 last 28 days)
    OPS .696
    The SLG is pretty good, but sheezus, this kid needs to figure out how to get on base. I don’t know if he’s hurt or dealing with injury, haven’t seen anything. I looked at his last 10 games’ box, 5 had Ohfers, the other 5 just one hit in each, with 1 BB overall, and 10Ks. That has “struggling” written all over it, and unfortunately another over-hyped and underachieving Giants position farmhand…

• blade3colorado said, on August 5, 2013 at 1:24 pm

He sucks. Why mince words? He is what he is . . . Every scouting report I have read says that he is no longer a lock to be a big league lead off hitter. The tools are still there, however.

Here is a scouting report from Baseball America: Brown stands out most with his top-of-the-scale speed, but he brings a lot more to the table. He has a quick bat, fine center-field skills and solid arm strength. His ability to make adjustments will determine how much he gets out of his tools. Brown has an unorthodox setup and swing, choking up on the bat and pinning his hands behind his chest before beginning his load. He has modest power to begin with, and none when he opens up too much in his swing. He bears some similarity to a righthanded Randy Winn and destroys lefthanders, but he has trouble when righties pound him inside. For all his speed, Brown still has a lot to learn as a basestealer after getting caught 18 times in 51 tries last year.

In my opinion, he should be tearing up the hitter friendly Pacific Coast league at Fresno and he is struggling. I have no expectations for him turning it around. Next.

• blade3colorado said, on August 5, 2013 at 1:26 pm

Also – everything, EXCEPT his SLG should be good. If this guy is swinging from his heels, then he is hopeless.

• snarkk said, on August 5, 2013 at 1:57 pm

Blade, I’m thinking that there has to be a multitude of reasons why the Giants cannot internally develop top quality outfielders. Well, how about one. It’s not evaluating the right guys, not drafting enough OFers in the high rounds. It also has to be something inside the organization. It doesn’t focus on development of OFers or doesn’t have the coaching below to get it done. It can’t be just one thing, since this problem has gone on for so long now. You’d think in more than a decade and a half, they would have developed, even by accident, a top shelf outfielder of some sort…

• blade3colorado said, on August 5, 2013 at 2:06 pm

I have high hopes for Kieschnick next year. Remember, he was on the cusp of putting it all together in Triple-A in 2012. Then he ran into an outfield wall, sustaining a stress fracture in his left shoulder that knocked him out for three months. I am not certain, but this might have contributed and/or caused the back problems he has had for a couple of years. Before he got hurt, Kieschnick was showing vastly improved patience and pitch recognition that enabled him to punish mistakes in the strike zone.

Snarkk, fast forward today, my understanding is that no one out works this kid. According to one scouting report I have read, “. . . he has worked to shorten up his stroke and take a more direct swing path to the ball, though he still likes to take an aggressive cut when ahead in the count. He still has trouble covering the outer half of the plate at times, but he isn’t chasing as many pitches as he did earlier in his pro career. He runs well for his size and has a plus arm that plays well in right field.”

I am looking for good things from him next year and I would probably be comfortable with him there next season if he only shows some improvement the rest of this season while he is up with the big club.

• snarkk said, on August 5, 2013 at 2:18 pm

Well, I’m encouraged somewhat by some plate discipline and patience I’ve seen so far, in Knick’s small sample size. Just play him, and see what we’ve got the next 7 weeks. The worst thing for these young guys is to be yo yoed constantly. In and out of the lineup. We know what we have and don’t have with these other guys that aren’t going to be on the squad next season…

• twinfan1 said, on August 5, 2013 at 3:55 pm

i think that roger k and williamson will be our corner ofers by 2015, roger next year. since i got televised san jose baseball , i’ve had a chance to see mac and i really think he’ll be that rh power hitting left fielder we’ve all dreamt of for years. a sleeper among the many pitching prospects is edwin escobar, recently promoted to aa. we got him from texas for ben snyder. i think we’ll a get more sanguine report on the farm next year as i expect several prospects to get better marks. i’m sure that others will disagree…

tonight:

1. Marco Scutaro (R) 2B

2. Brandon Crawford (L) SS

3. Hunter Pence (R) RF

4. Buster Posey (R) C

5. Pablo Sandoval (S) 3B

6. Brandon Belt (L) 1B

7. Roger Kieschnick (L) LF

8. Gregor Blanco (L) CF

9. Chad Gaudin (R) P

16. snarkk said, on August 5, 2013 at 1:42 pm

Nelson Cruz blames his using just this once, of course, on having a gastrointestinal infection followed by related weight loss that weakened him. Yeah, whenever I get an infection, after I get some antibiotics, I go right down to Florida to a clinic run by some non-MD quack huckster to get a load of ‘roids and/or HGH to help me out. These guys must think we’re all morons…

• blade3colorado said, on August 5, 2013 at 2:13 pm

This dude is a free agent in 2014 and is trying to say all the right things. Yeah, he thinks we are all gullible.

17. Alleykat said, on August 5, 2013 at 1:44 pm

Ahh..Rickkert Fannyete, nice call SanDawg!!
    Saw the pride of the Netherlands back at the Stick..Dude flat out…”SUCKED”
    Couldnt hit a lick,had some speed but when you never got on base what good is that.
    Kuiper has some braggin rights on this chump with his 1 career bomb to his “ZERO” and his sterling career.batting avg of .174 OUCH!!

18. blade3colorado said, on August 5, 2013 at 2:12 pm

Also snarrk, I think I am hoping that Panik will be ready by the time that Scoots contract expires next year. This kid has no chance to play shortstop with Crawford at the position and moreover, I think his natural position is 2nd anyway. Panik already is showing that he works counts, makes consistent line-drive contact and flashes gap power. He has uncanny situational hitting acumen and a terrific two-strike approach. Hitting isn’t his problem. In fact, he would probably be ready next year, except for Scutaro at 2nd – which is fine in my mind. I like the fact that the Giants did this 2 year contract with him, expecting Panik to take over in 2015. No doubt he will be called up for experience in 2014 (August or September).

• snarkk said, on August 5, 2013 at 2:21 pm

It’s 3 years, Blade. Scutz is picking up checks through 2015 when he gets $6 million. Panik may be ready then, if so, Scutz hopefully can be a serviceable utility guy. Anyway, Panik’s holding his own at AA. .261 BA, .337 OBP, .690 OPS. That league is a tough one, so those aren’t bad numbers for a 2nd sacker. I’d like to see the production come up a little bit over the next month, then onto AAA next season. He’s progressing through the levels like a prospect should, so we’ll see…

• blade3colorado said, on August 5, 2013 at 2:24 pm

Really???? Wow! I would have bet money that his contract was a two year deal. OK, no biggie . . . He will probably start to show signs of wear and tear by the end of next season . . . Enter Panik after that. The kid will undoubtedly be ready in my opinion.

19. blade3colorado said, on August 5, 2013 at 2:22 pm

Tyler Thornburg (what a name, huh? Reminiscent of Poindexter) is pitching against us this evening. I’m wondering if we will see the guy who pitched 6 shut out innings against the Cubs or the guy who pitched 4 innings, with 4 earned runs against the Friars. Hmm . . . Ya never know with our Gmen as Flav illustrated in his opening monologue this morning (which was a good job Flavor!).

20. snarkk said, on August 5, 2013 at 4:04 pm

As far as I can tell, none of these Biogenesis users got caught with a dirty test. None. It’s all paperwork. So, if these guys all used, since I’m assuming they didn’t go to the trouble of getting PEDs and then flushed them down the toidy, this all means — the MLB drug testing regime is a joke…

• xoot said, on August 5, 2013 at 4:23 pm

On Fangraphs homepage, Wendy Thurm has an excellent piece analyzing the Biogenesis suspensions and the JDA (the CBA, to a certain extent as well, when she gets into ARod). I think evidence that a player deliberately purchased PEDs, over a long period of time, is far more damning than a first positive test. Players get suspended for positive tests even if they accidentally or negligently ingest the PED (e.g., Mota and the cough syrup). There’s nothing accidental about opening an account with Biogenesis.

• snarkk said, on August 5, 2013 at 5:12 pm

Agreed, but the point is here that MLB is not the police, the DEA, the FBI. This documentary evidence fell into their lap, essentially by happenstance, through use of civil legal procedures, perhaps some veiled threats by the local DA’s office, plus MLB supposedly paid a former employee for docs. Supposedly, testing is the first wall of defense against PEDs use. Since none of these guys tested dirty, the testing regime that has been going on now since the new CBA is by definition, a failure. Surely if it worked, at least one of these guys would have tested dirty. If some local ass newspaper guy in Florida hadn’t got wind of this Biogenesis place and Bosch being a Dbag, MLB would not have known about it, and none of these guys would be suspended right now…

• xoot said, on August 5, 2013 at 5:47 pm

I don’t know how to gauge the effectiveness of testing now. The big roid busts have all been via business evidence, of one sort or another — BALCO, the Clemens/Petite trainer in NY and now BioG. Hell, even Canseco’s book falls into the paperwork category. Maybe Victor Conte was right, that testing can’t keep up with the chemical innovations. But the testing regimen gets tighter all the time (mlb and the union revised parts of the joint drug agreement after the Braun appeal). The union’s cooperation in this BioG imbroglio, along with so many players speaking up for a clean game, may reflect the impact increased testing has had: maybe it has scared a lot of guys away from the juice. Maybe.

• blade3colorado said, on August 5, 2013 at 5:30 pm

“The penalties are a joke. If these players were in the Olympics or USA Track and Field, for example – the gold standards of testing – each player’s first major finding like this would cause a two year ban—a real penalty. Fifty games is less than a third of a season. These guys will be back for the playoffs! Baseball is not serious.”—former Clinton administration drug policy spokesman Bob Weiner.

21. Bozo said, on August 5, 2013 at 4:40 pm

Flav you dead head you, Bob Weir, Lucas Nelson, and our very own Tim Flannery (also his brother Tom?) singing the National Anthem tonight.

• Flavor said, on August 5, 2013 at 4:51 pm

wish I could see it. I’ve got access to no phone, one laptop that’s shared between 6 people, and no tv.

22. Flavor said, on August 5, 2013 at 4:50 pm

I couldn’t be happier that A-Rod is fighting this thing. With his team of lawyers he just might beat it, who knows. And I actually find it WORSE that Selig is trying to get the Yankees out of this deal than I do that stupid ass ARod got busted.
    Come on, this is gonna be great. Arod is gonna get booed mercilessly and that’s BEFORE he shows the world that he’s is 100% completely done, AND he gets paid? Fantastic. The Yankee fans will be doing a slow burn having to watch this guy play until they finally just waive him and then they still get stuck with the rest of his deal. And make no mistake, this isn’t chump change to the Yanks. They are legitimately trying to get under the luxury tax and this would get them there (or at least well on their way). They’ll looking at this the same way the Red Sox scored that golden ticket last year when the Dodgers magically made 256 millllion (or whatever it was) disappear.
    Fuck the Yankees, I hope Arod gets every last dollar they promised to pay him.

• xoot said, on August 5, 2013 at 5:31 pm

Teams pay more every consecutive year they’re over the luxury tax threshold. As I understand it, if a team gets under the threshold for one year, it drops back down to the bottom of the system, so there’s a real incentive to take that dive. (As I’ve noted before, dodgers look to be locked in for quite a while.)

As to ARod, very nice to see his assault on Barry B’s record go down the toilet.

• blade3colorado said, on August 5, 2013 at 5:37 pm

I doubt he breaks Willie’s record as well.

23. blade3colorado said, on August 5, 2013 at 4:51 pm

“I am disappointed with the penalty and intend to appeal and fight this through the process. I am eager to get back on the field and be with my teammates in Chicago tonight. I want to thank my family, friends and fans who have stood by my side through all this.”—Yankees third baseman Alex Rodriguez.

What Alex was really thinking – No one is going to fuck with my $100 million dollar (remaining) contract.

“Those players who have violated the Program have created scrutiny for the vast majority of our players, who play the game the right way.”—Commissioner Bud Selig, from a statement released by MLB.

What Bud was really thinking – Thank God our Drug Program is so weak at detection, that we didn’t catch the rest of the players cheating.

“The accepted suspensions announced today are consistent with the punishments set forth in the Joint Drug Agreement, and were arrived at only after hours of intense negotiations between the bargaining parties, the players and their representatives. For the player appealing, Alex Rodriguez, we agree with his decision to fight his suspension. We believe that the Commissioner has not acted appropriately under the Basic Agreement. Mr. Rodriguez knows that the Union, consistent with its history, will defend his rights vigorously.”—MLB Players Association executive director Michael Weiner.

What Michael was really thinking – MOFO (Rodriguez) is guilty as hell, but fuck that car salesman cocksucker.

🙂

24. Flavor said, on August 5, 2013 at 4:57 pm

Xoot I agree with you that opening a fucking account with the drug dealer is hugely more damning than a + test.
    Here’s what I don’t get: why are these dippshits opening up accounts in their own name? If I’m A-Rod I send one of my hommies down to Florida, tell him what to get, and make sure he’s paid like a king to keep his mouth shut and then inject myself with the great bounty he returns to my home with.
    What am i missing here?
    Also, if I’m a pro baseball player, I NEVER get a DUI. I pay some dude 60K a year to be around at night when I’m in town and he drives me every where. If I’m on the road, I take a fucking towwn car or have it written into my contract (like Zito with his luxury suites on the road) that I have a limo at the ready if I go out.
    Again, WHAT AM I MISSING HERE???????

• xoot said, on August 5, 2013 at 5:39 pm

If your homey’s as tough as Greg Anderson, you’re in good shape. The feds had his business records, but couldn’t authenticate them or get them past the hearsay rule (or, possibly, make complete sense of them) without his testimony. By contrast, Mr. BioG was ready to go.

Maybe some dealers want to have the players directly involved to prevent middlemen from messing up the chain, from free-lancing, from attracting the cops or the league. But I agree with you — if I had ARod’s money I’m pretty sure I could figure out a way to protect myself.

25. Flavor said, on August 5, 2013 at 5:43 pm

I’d love to know how Anderson,. or WHEN Anderson, is gonna get paid. He’s working as a personal trainer at some random gym in Foster City—according to everyone who knows him, not only have he and Barry not talked since he got out but he’s struggling to make ends meet on what he’s making as a personal trainer.
    Maybe he gets paid down the road? There’s no way Barry just abandoned this guy. I’m assuming there’s some legal shit that has to play out before he can hood him up?

• snarkk said, on August 5, 2013 at 5:49 pm

Barry’s appeal on the one conviction is still in the works in the 9th Circuit, for one thing. If the gov’t gets tossed on that one, it will have to decide whether to re-try him again on that charge — obstruction. I doubt they would do that all over again. There has to be some sort of pay day for Anderson down the road. There has to be an understanding somewhere. Barry is smart, he won’t F that up. Somebody will pay Anderson well for work, it’ll be legit, income taxes paid, everything…

• xoot said, on August 5, 2013 at 5:55 pm

I’d love to see that reversed. I think Bonds has a strong argument on appeal.

• snarkk said, on August 5, 2013 at 6:51 pm

Agreed…

26. SanDawg said, on August 5, 2013 at 6:05 pm

I gotta confess I don’t follow league-wide news very closely and I pay almost no attention to the American League. Having said that, please give me a few bullet points on why Selig has been so terrible—cuz I don’t get it. Please DON’T include his decision to declare a tie in that one All-Star game as one of your reasons. What the fuck else was he supposed to do?—-let someone screw up their arm or make a farce of the game by having a position player take the mound? The managers tried to get everyone in the game (which they should do) and ended up in a jam. Selig made the right call. Do you I like the winner of the AS game getting home field advantage in the playoffs? Not really, but I don’t lose any sleep over it.
    Please explain to me why so many of you trash him repeatedly.

27. SanDawg said, on August 5, 2013 at 6:13 pm

…and Flavor, you’ve made that “limo” argument before. It makes all kinds of sense, but I don’t see the modern day ego-driven, gotta be the man in control, ordinary rules don’t apply to me star athlete taking that approach in the great majority of cases.
    And alcohol is a tricky ass drug IMO. If you’re going to take a cab home, or crash at a friends, or have a designated driver, that plan has to be put in place before the drinking starts. Most guys I know–once they’ve had 3 or 4, its too late to use common sense and they’re gonna be behind the wheel. Athletes, hell–men in general, I don’t think have their shit together that well in most drinking situations, and unfortunately they end up behind the wheel.

• zumiee said, on August 5, 2013 at 6:17 pm

My list:
      – He’s been lord and master of the steroid era, with his indifference to it for so many years.
      – He’s glacially slow on adding instant replay.
      – He could have easily given that Detroit pitcher his perfect game, with the “good for the game” clause.
      – He made a lot of money selling cars. Who can trust that? 🙂

• zumiee said, on August 5, 2013 at 6:19 pm

Oops- I didn’t put that list in quite the right spot.

28. zumiee said, on August 5, 2013 at 6:24 pm

Here’s another possible item for the fast-food reviewers at the Flap. I’m going to pass on it, myself. It’s a demented concoction from Jack in the Box called the Big Waffle Stack.

• zumiee said, on August 5, 2013 at 6:26 pm

Seriously, it has to have sausage AND bacon on it, and TWO slices of cheese??

29. zumiee said, on August 5, 2013 at 6:27 pm

So Greinke gets a two-out hit, and knocks in Punto, for a 3-1 lead. And the national nightmare Dodger season 2013 continues.

30. zumiee said, on August 5, 2013 at 6:32 pm

So, what good could come of the Dodgers winning the World Series this season. Well…..
    on the positive side:
    It would mean the NL West is the dominant division in baseball; winning the World Series 3 out of the last 4 years. And it would be the NL winning the World Series 4 years in a row, and pundits around the nation could chew on that a while as they ponder all those “awesome” lineups in the AL.

31. zumiee said, on August 5, 2013 at 6:36 pm

Wow, weird move. The Cards have runners on first and second with no out, and Beltran does a sacrifice bunt.
    If Bill James was dead, he’d be rolling in his grave.
    The Cards broadcasters are mystified.

32. twinfan1 said, on August 5, 2013 at 6:56 pm

i’m not usually real big on the batter order stuff but it’s hard to see any reason to bat belt anywhere but 6th.
    He’s .300 ba .371 obp .511 slg percentage,.881 ops 144 ops+ 8 hr 25 rbi in 190 ab in the 6th spot. for whatever reason, he’s sucked everywhere else in the lu.

• snarkk said, on August 5, 2013 at 7:35 pm

Where do you find this stuff. That’s great info…

• salty said, on August 5, 2013 at 7:41 pm

If I’m reading it right, small sample for 1-4.

Just 2 PA in the leadoff spot, 10 hitting 2nd, 14 3rd and 3 in the cleanup spot.

• twinfan1 said, on August 5, 2013 at 7:51 pm

true, but about 130 total ab everywhere but the 6. and bad in every other spot. i’m not saying that it means he should *never* bat anywhere else, just no reason to fuck with it this year. those are posey numbers when he’s been in the 6.
        It’s from baseball reference, snarkk. go to his 2013 splits, and batting order positions.

• snarkk said, on August 5, 2013 at 8:21 pm

OK, thanx…

33. PawlieKokonuts said, on August 5, 2013 at 7:21 pm

I hope that notable Yankees third baseman hits 3 homers and his team loses. I just don’t get where he is infinitely worse than a notable Bay Area former left fielder. I. just. do. not. care.

• xoot said, on August 5, 2013 at 7:23 pm

Barry Bonds is the post-modern Jack Johnson. ARod is Madonna’s ex boyfriend.

• PawlieKokonuts said, on August 5, 2013 at 7:29 pm

tray cle-vair

• xoot said, on August 5, 2013 at 7:33 pm

I’m serious about my first sentence. Also, I’m surprised that Barry’s connection to Willie Mays doesn’t move you a bit. Barry never missed an on-camera opportunity to call the new ballpark “My Godfather’s house.”

• PawlieKokonuts said, on August 5, 2013 at 7:45 pm

No, I like your analogy. I’m neither informed enough nor interested enough to ignite a debate on Barry.Bonds. (I may know more about his father.) I respect his talents, have even defended his alleged actions as legal in his era. I just never warmed to the guy. That’s not something you can force. Respect, admire, be in awe of, even be proud of. I’ll concede that. I didn’t have to like him. And I for the most part simply couldn’t like him. Who knows why? (Or cares.) I think he’s actually a complicated person. As is Mr. Rodriguez, I suspect.

• xoot said, on August 5, 2013 at 7:50 pm

Ok. A lot of fans I know weren’t real warm toward Barry B. One of my son’s elementary school teachers, a season ticket holder, took the kid to the 2002 WS. Her favorite player was Jeff Kent. I never heard her mention Barry’s name.

34. xoot said, on August 5, 2013 at 7:22 pm

Buster guns Segura down!

35. Macdog said, on August 5, 2013 at 7:26 pm

I gotta confess, it’s going to be hard getting jacked up for this series with the Brewers.

• PawlieKokonuts said, on August 5, 2013 at 7:28 pm

Is “jacked up” a coded PED reference?

• Macdog said, on August 5, 2013 at 7:32 pm

If it is, I guarantee that Pettitte is no longer “jacked up.”

36. Alleykat said, on August 5, 2013 at 7:34 pm

Sorry Z…But there is no good”EVER” about the Dog Pile winning a W/S title.
    I’ll take any NL team in the other divisions before the Dodgers!!!
    Personally,the Pirates would be the story of the year for me and most of true baseball fans if they “Shocked the World” and won it all,after 20 straight losing seasons…

• snarkk said, on August 5, 2013 at 7:40 pm

Dodgers are on the bottom of my list of teams to win the WS. Absolute bottom.
      I’d go Pirates, Reds, in order, if I had to choose a winner other than the Gyros. I wouldn’t mind the Tigers, or the Rangers. Even yes, the A’s — I like Melvin, he’s doing a good job. Even though it would make their fans insufferable…

• PawlieKokonuts said, on August 5, 2013 at 7:49 pm

For me, it’s almost a tie between the Dodgers and Yankees as the teams I’d least like to win the WS. But “almost a tie” is not enough. The Dodgers win. They are indeed the team I’d least like to see win it all. I’d love the Pirates to win it all if our boys are out. Or Tampa Bay.

37. PawlieKokonuts said, on August 5, 2013 at 8:07 pm

I’m following “play-by-play” on ESPN. Sheesh. You don’t see this often: “Caught stealing home, catcher to third.” Was it as foolish (Milwaukee) or dramatic (SF) as it appears?

• Macdog said, on August 5, 2013 at 8:15 pm

It was a failed suicide squeeze by the pitcher.

• PawlieKokonuts said, on August 5, 2013 at 8:16 pm

Thanks, John. There was no way for me to discern that. (Well, a more astute observer might’ve assumed that’s what it was.)

• Macdog said, on August 5, 2013 at 8:33 pm

Yeah, the last thing I want to see is a player named Gennett hurt the Giants.

38. Alleykat said, on August 5, 2013 at 8:08 pm

Tampa Bay& Pirates would be a cool matchup Pawlie.Always liked Joe Maddon..aka Spencer Tracy he is one hell of a great manager in my book.
    He was awesome in “Guess who’s coming to Dinner” And of course Mad Mad Mad Mad World.
    Tracy that is not Maddon.
    🙂

• PawlieKokonuts said, on August 5, 2013 at 8:11 pm

THANKS. I intuitively knew he reminded me of someone, and Spencer Tracy it is. I love Joe Maddon. I especially listening to him in interviews. And someone in Tampa said he got my book BASEBALL’S STARRY NIGHT. I’m hoping he read it, but I have no proof. I mean, who wouldn’t want to play for him?

• snarkk said, on August 5, 2013 at 8:11 pm

Old Man & the Sea. Judgment at Nuremberg. Inherit the Wind. Woman of the Year. Fantastic acting by Spence. Bad Day at Black Rock. Tracy and Bogart. Giants those…

• PawlieKokonuts said, on August 5, 2013 at 8:15 pm

wasn’t he in Desk Set, fooling around w/ Hepburn? Where’s TedSpe???

• snarkk said, on August 5, 2013 at 8:17 pm

Sounds right. He did 3 or 4 with “Kate”. Pat and Mike, and several others. She had a damn good golf swing in that movie. Amazing they were a couple for a quarter century or more, but could not marry in those days, per his Catholic situation with his wife. Another time then…

• twinfan1 said, on August 5, 2013 at 8:57 pm

i forget which which film, but tracy gave kate the quintessional and beautifully brief fried chicken recipe- flour, salt, pepper in brown paper bag ,add chicken pieces, shake it all up, fry..

39. snarkk said, on August 5, 2013 at 8:20 pm

Blade, Mrs. Snarkk and the Snarkettes report all is well and beautiful in Estes Park. Went on a horse trail ride today in the mountains, having fun. The older Snarkette loves the horses, gotta make sure she doesn’t stay…

• blade3colorado said, on August 5, 2013 at 9:05 pm

Ask them how last night was? We had monsoon weather that I would stack up to what I saw in south east asia (Chiang Mai).

40. snarkk said, on August 5, 2013 at 8:28 pm

I’m ready to sign Gaudin for a starter role next year. It might be a bit early yet, but he’s done a fine job, except for maybe one game, as a starter. The guy is aggressive, throws strikes and can get out of jams. I don’t see why not. He’s another Voggy, only younger. What’s not to like, other than legal problems? He fixes that, I’m up for taking him on as a #4. I think he’s better than a #5…

41. Bozo said, on August 5, 2013 at 8:28 pm

The Braunless Bratwursts looked pretty shriveled up that inning.

42. Bozo said, on August 5, 2013 at 8:29 pm

Belt and Keesh getting it started, bring em home.

43. Bozo said, on August 5, 2013 at 8:32 pm

I’ll take it, hell yeah.

• Bozo said, on August 5, 2013 at 8:39 pm

I don’t mind getting the run on the error, but that’s it?

• snarkk said, on August 5, 2013 at 8:41 pm

These days, I’ll take the one run and be glad. Oh for 9 though with RISP so far in this game, though…

44. snarkk said, on August 5, 2013 at 8:32 pm

Kiesh is starting to grow on me. That bad throw is a sign of why the Brewers are bad. Otherwise, Blanco hits into a DP…

45. snarkk said, on August 5, 2013 at 8:40 pm

Sheezus, the Groper may be the worst hitting pitcher ever. What a disaster that AB was…

46. Macdog said, on August 5, 2013 at 8:43 pm

San Francisco, Juan Francisco — neither one can field.

47. Alleykat said, on August 5, 2013 at 8:54 pm

Voggy goes on friday according to Bochy,Voggy and Mrs.Voggy.
    Zits to the pen for now as even Bochy said:Dont need 6 starters right now.
    Thank god the light bulb is kicking in skipper.
    Grouper earned that 4-5 slot the rest of the season.

• PawlieKokonuts said, on August 5, 2013 at 8:56 pm

he’s become a group Groper?! something’s fishy here…

48. Bozo said, on August 5, 2013 at 9:03 pm

Go Dan, Giants.
    Sorry, just thought I’d try it out.

49. zumiee said, on August 5, 2013 at 9:06 pm

Ah, you lads misread my intentions about the Dodgers. I absolutely do not want the Dodgers to win the World Series. I’m just saying that if they DO win it, what’s a way to accept that? What silver-lining can we put on that crap-sandwich, if I can mix metaphors?

50. zumiee said, on August 5, 2013 at 9:11 pm

I have to admit I never “got” Katherine Hepburn. I don’t see the appeal.
    And one of the best quotes ever from a film critic, IMO, (Pauline Kael, maybe?) was when she said that “Hepburn’s acting range runs the gamut from A to B” or something like that.

• blade3colorado said, on August 5, 2013 at 9:17 pm

Is she the one with Parkinson’s disease? Seemed like she was shaking like a leaf throughout Rooster Cogburn and that movie with Jane and Henry Fonda (On Golden Pond).

• zumiee said, on August 5, 2013 at 9:24 pm

I think she said she had some shakiness her whole life, and it got worse when she was elderly. I don’t know that it was Parkinson’s. I know there are some people who just have conditions like that their whole lives.

• PawlieKokonuts said, on August 5, 2013 at 9:26 pm

Just looked it up in the estimable book The Quote Verifier by Ralph Keyes. Regarding Hebburn: “She ran the gamut of emotions from A to B.” Typical of this book, Keyes does great research. It is attributed to Dorothy Parker, but all we can get is Alexander Woollcott quoting Parker; he credits Parker, in conversation but not found anywhere in print directly by her. (I never got her either. Too patrician for me.)

• zumiee said, on August 5, 2013 at 9:28 pm

Thanks! Cool info.

• snarkk said, on August 5, 2013 at 9:38 pm

Kevin Spacey does an imitation of Hepburn that is uncanny…

51. zumiee said, on August 5, 2013 at 9:17 pm

I’m still peeved that Beltran bunted with two on, no outs in the 7th, and killed that rally. The Cardinals can have Beltran. He’s like Hepburn, I don’t “get” him either.

52. Bozo said, on August 5, 2013 at 9:19 pm

Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, FUCK.

• PawlieKokonuts said, on August 5, 2013 at 9:29 pm

I like the progression to all CAPS.

• Bozo said, on August 5, 2013 at 9:36 pm

Thanks Pawlie. I need caps to cover up my newly created bald spots.

53. snarkk said, on August 5, 2013 at 9:24 pm

Bochy was slow in getting guys up in the pen…

• zumiee said, on August 5, 2013 at 9:25 pm

Trying to shift the guilt after you jinxed Gaudin? Kidding. 🙂

• snarkk said, on August 5, 2013 at 9:27 pm

Hey, I’ll take the jinx. If we can get that kind of “quality start” every game, we’re golden. 😉

• PawlieKokonuts said, on August 5, 2013 at 9:28 pm

I blame Hepburn. 1-1. Could be worse. Unfortunately, this game is proving the title of this post.

54. unca_chuck said, on August 5, 2013 at 9:30 pm

Haven’t had a chance to see the game. Looks like the O is still, well, offensive.

• zumiee said, on August 5, 2013 at 9:33 pm

It’s trying to run the gamut from 1 to 2.

55. PawlieKokonuts said, on August 5, 2013 at 9:31 pm

For feck sake, you’d think we’d be able to get more than one lonely run off of a former U.S. Attorney General.

• Bozo said, on August 5, 2013 at 9:40 pm

POTD.

56. unca_chuck said, on August 5, 2013 at 9:31 pm

It just gets hard to take after so much frustration. Dare I ask how many LOB?

57. snarkk said, on August 5, 2013 at 9:35 pm

Nice DP, good pitch by Lopez. And, no, he still should have been traded.
    Anyway, Hepburn may not be everyone’s cup o’ tea.
    But, check out “Lion in Winter”, if you want to class up an evening’s watch of a DVD.
    Hepburn and Peter O’Toole. Circa ’68. He plays Henry II, one of the great English kings. She was wife, sort of, Eleanor of Aquitaine. This wasn’t a marriage, it was a fight for control. Bravura performances from start to end. He wants his youngest, John, to be heir apparent. She wants the oldest, Richard (later Richard I, the Lionheart, who later led the Crusades) to be heir apparent. So, he threw her into the Tower of London. Mayhem ensues. Anthony Hopkins in his first movie role played son John, later King John of England and Magna Carta fame. No explosions, no bikinis. Just great writing and acting. O’Toole would have been a great King…

• PawlieKokonuts said, on August 5, 2013 at 9:37 pm

nice; my 16yo and I watched “Lawrence of Arabia” on TMC Saturday. It is still great.

• unca_chuck said, on August 5, 2013 at 9:40 pm

Rented The Blues Brothers for my son tonight. . .

• snarkk said, on August 5, 2013 at 9:41 pm

One of the great movies, ever, that one. “Epic’ defined. David Lean was brilliant. Bridge on the River Kwai, Lawrence, Dr. Zhivago, wow. Julie Christie in Zhivago — my goodness, that was some fine caviar…

• zumiee said, on August 5, 2013 at 9:39 pm

O’Toole was great. I actually remember him most in “Zulu.” It was classic British ‘calm under pressure.’ Angry Zulus are carving up British soldiers all over the place, and O’Toole’s character is calming another soldier by saying things like “I’ve seen worse, Sunshine.”

• zumiee said, on August 5, 2013 at 9:42 pm

Or it may have been called “Zulu Dawn.”

• PawlieKokonuts said, on August 5, 2013 at 9:42 pm

One of my favorite O’Toole movies is the little-known “The Stunt Man” with Steven Railsback and Barbara Hershey.

• snarkk said, on August 5, 2013 at 9:43 pm

Seen him in My Favorite Year? Very good stuff. Nominated for 8 Oscars. Never won. And Tom Hanks has TWO? That is just horsemanure right there. Tom Hanks can’t hold O’Toole’s slippers as an actor…

• zumiee said, on August 5, 2013 at 9:45 pm

I remember seeing “My Favorite Year” a long time ago and liking it a lot. I just can’t remember much about it for some reason.

• snarkk said, on August 5, 2013 at 9:48 pm

Zumiee, as I remember it’s kind of a play within a play deal. I mean My Favorite Year. O’Toole plays kind of a washed up, once great actor, and a boozer. The boozer part he probably didn’t need to stretch much…

• PawlieKokonuts said, on August 5, 2013 at 9:49 pm

Funny, I just looked up My Favorite Year. Must see it. Orantz!

• xoot said, on August 5, 2013 at 9:55 pm

The Stunt Man is brilliant.

• xoot said, on August 5, 2013 at 9:59 pm

but to give you some perspective, last night my 22 year old and 16 year old kids and I watched Body Heat and Chinatown. Those uncut films just happened to be playing back to back on one of the free statiions that came with my cable package.

• snarkk said, on August 5, 2013 at 10:13 pm

Body Heat. Great film. I get sweaty watching it. There was one version I saw once where both of them were in the tub or something. Then, I never saw that scene again whenever I’ve seen it since. I think I wasn’t hallucinating. Very very steamy…

• twinfan1 said, on August 5, 2013 at 9:52 pm

the first i saw hopkins was in qb vii, a 4 part tv courtroom miniseries. hopkins was sensational as a doctor who was said to be nazi collaborator . it won a bunch of emmys. great series.

58. unca_chuck said, on August 5, 2013 at 9:38 pm

Wow. 7 pitch inning.

59. PawlieKokonuts said, on August 5, 2013 at 9:42 pm

Okay, Girls, score 6 runs here. It is 12:42 a.m.

60. unca_chuck said, on August 5, 2013 at 9:43 pm

WIfe’s watching Batchelorette, son’s watching the Blues Brothers with a friend, and I’m too lazy to go downstairs to watch the game. Game cast it is.

• zumiee said, on August 5, 2013 at 9:47 pm

Too lazy to walk down stairs? That’s….pretty lazy. 🙂

• xoot said, on August 5, 2013 at 10:02 pm

You have to walk back up.

• twinfan1 said, on August 5, 2013 at 10:26 pm

when we lived at 22nd and rhode island on pot hill we didn’t have a car for awhile. the likker store was at the bottom of everest. one day as i stared up at the snowy peak where our house was perched, i knocked on the door of the first house up from the store and asked if we could move in..trust me, that’s funny.

61. blade3colorado said, on August 5, 2013 at 9:47 pm

Way off Z . . . Zulu was with a young Michael Caine and Stanley Baker. I know because that was one of my favorite movies of all time.

• zumiee said, on August 5, 2013 at 9:53 pm

Blade, it’s two different films. That’s what confused me. The O’Toole film is “Zulu Dawn”:

• blade3colorado said, on August 5, 2013 at 9:56 pm

I vaguely remember this one, but would never have guessed O’Toole was in this movie, much less Lancaster. Any idea how many years after Zulu was made that this one came out?

62. SanDawg said, on August 5, 2013 at 9:50 pm

Zum–thanks for the bullets on Selig. I agree mostly with one about the Detroit pitcher perfect game. That poor SOB. Is he even in the big leagues anymore? That could have been his (very legit) one claim to fame.
    Didn’t Wilco already say he is a fan of the Waffle Stack—-or was he referring to yet another item?
    I love the TV show “Parks and Rec” and one time they had an episode about people wanting another location for the popular fast food restaurant in town. At a town hall meeting one guy said something like “then where am I going to go to get my triple-decker-pancake-breakfast-pizza?” I thought that was funny as hell and still mention that item to my kids as a possible breakfast choice. On one hand, it sounds ridiculous. On the other, it ain’t that far off from what some of these places actually serve.

63. snarkk said, on August 5, 2013 at 9:51 pm

My Kingdom for a Run!…

64. xoot said, on August 5, 2013 at 9:53 pm

Holy shit. I’ve been waiting for an intentional WP like that for my entire life as a fan.

• snarkk said, on August 5, 2013 at 9:54 pm

I was thinking the same. I’ve NEVER seen that…

• PawlieKokonuts said, on August 5, 2013 at 10:00 pm

splain, please

• snarkk said, on August 5, 2013 at 10:07 pm

Wild pitch when throwing an intentional walk to Panda…

• xoot said, on August 5, 2013 at 10:08 pm

Intentional walk call so the catcher steps out to receive the wide pitch, and the dumb fuck over-amped pitcher throws the ball way past the the wide-out mitt at about 90 mph. Bounces to the backstop. Etc.

65. SanDawg said, on August 5, 2013 at 9:54 pm

Dodgers far and away top my list of teams I don’t want to see win the series. Followed in order by Angels, Cards, Red Sox and A’s. The A’s used to be higher on this list for me, but I’m warming to them a bit in my old age. I’d actually like to see the Rangers get it done. Like Pawlie, I’m down with Pirates and Rays as well. I’m strangely indifferent to the Yankees.

66. PawlieKokonuts said, on August 5, 2013 at 9:58 pm

It feels as if we have not had a walkoff win since Angel Pagan’s inside-the-park homer, the one where he wasn’t injured or did not sustain injuries in the celebration. That one. But I’ll take a win even of the non-walkoff variety.

• xoot said, on August 5, 2013 at 10:12 pm

That was the turning point in the season. The combined currents of the 2012 PS and the WBC (and, maybe, the distractions of publicizing the world champions) took over after that moment the way an undertow drags its victim down. imo

67. snarkk said, on August 5, 2013 at 9:59 pm

Why the FUCK is Bochy flipping in Frenchy for Kiesch? All that does is bring in the righty to face Frenchy. I don’t get that. Give a young guy going well a shot at a clutch situation. How is he going to develop otherwise? Sorry, that’s just bullshit, regardless of what Frenchy does…

• zumiee said, on August 5, 2013 at 10:02 pm

Regardless? 🙂

• snarkk said, on August 5, 2013 at 10:02 pm

Well, good on Frenchy for the RBI. Now we’re ahead, cool. But, I still think it was a bullshit move…

68. Bozo said, on August 5, 2013 at 10:00 pm

Bases loaded, this could be tough.

69. unca_chuck said, on August 5, 2013 at 10:01 pm

Ok, so I made it downstairs . . Come on frenchy!!!

70. SanDawg said, on August 5, 2013 at 10:01 pm

I love me some Jeff Francouer!

71. Bozo said, on August 5, 2013 at 10:02 pm

Tour de Francoeur with a bases loaded hit.

• PawlieKokonuts said, on August 5, 2013 at 10:02 pm

just to piss off Snarkk

• snarkk said, on August 5, 2013 at 10:05 pm

Successfully done, yes. Ten years from now, Francouer will be a trivia question on this blog…

72. unca_chuck said, on August 5, 2013 at 10:02 pm

Hey! Fuck! Someone has to tell these guys to take fucking pitch.

73. snarkk said, on August 5, 2013 at 10:03 pm

Blanco, 4 for 49. Fuckin A. Don’t we have ANYBODY better than that? Get fuggin Murph out there…

74. PawlieKokonuts said, on August 5, 2013 at 10:03 pm

my boy Arias gonna come through

75. Macdog said, on August 5, 2013 at 10:03 pm