A Place To Talk About Giants Baseball

Game Thread- Double Orange Friday!

Posted in Uncategorized by zumiee on August 9, 2013

The Orange and Black vs. the Orange and Black!! Go Giants!!

By the way, I’m really enjoying this book:

Image

1. snarkk said, on August 9, 2013 at 6:46 pm

The Baltimore Orioles’ 2013 season is the 113th season in franchise history, the 60th in Baltimore, and the 21st at Oriole Park at Camden Yards. As they roll into ATT, the Orioles are currently in 3rd place in the AL East, with year to date record: (63–51) – home (33–25) – road (30–26), 5 ½ back of the leading RSox, and just behind Tampa Bay. The big story of their year, of course, so far is Chris Davis, the 27-year old 1Bman out of Texas. This dude is at BA of .302 and an OPS of 1.052. and 41 HRs, and 106 RBIs . Is this guy on PEDs is the question swirling around – but, we won’t know and can’t know under this bullshit testing regime. So, we take it for it’s worth, this guy is having a monster year. And, the next big story is Manny Machado, the 20-year old 3B prodigy, hitting BA .297 and OPS at .787 with 10 dingers and 54 RBIs. I submit this kid may be a bit of an East Coast overhyped player, but we’ll see. He’s really young, and doing very well for that age. I see somebody named “Ishikawa” on the roster, too. We’ll see if he is around and remembers where the garlic fries are. Anyroad, this looks like one of the biggest orange Friday’s yet. Black and orange, or orange and black, those colors are rampant this weekend at the yard, regardless of the loyalty of the butts in the seats…

• zumiee said, on August 9, 2013 at 6:55 pm

Baltimore was my pre-season pick to win the AL East. Basically no one foresaw Boston having the season they’re having. A lot of the pundits picked Toronto. The pundits believed their own hype.

2. xoot said, on August 9, 2013 at 6:48 pm

My kid and I are watching tonight’s game with double interest because we have good seats behind home plate for tomorrow’s. Gotta know the players.

The Giants August surge begins now!

• PawlieKokonuts said, on August 9, 2013 at 6:55 pm

yes, yes, and yes again, to sort-of paraphrase James Joyce’s Molly Bloom

• xoot said, on August 9, 2013 at 7:14 pm

Stately plump fan xootsuit came from the stairhead, bearing a Cha Cha Bowl on which a churro and a cocktail lay crossed.

• snarkk said, on August 9, 2013 at 7:17 pm

The only Molly I ever met was when I was in my 20s on my post college sojurn in Europe. We met at the Monkestube beer garden in Salzburg, over some beers and potato salad. She was from Dartmouth, I wasn’t, and that was that. I held my intellectual own against East Coast feminine Ivy League snobbery, in fact, more than my own. At least, after two steins of beer, I think I did. After defending her attacks on my intelligence, and being from the WCoast, for about two hours, I doubt I would have deigned to bring her back to my sleazy pension room, had she even consented to engage in dirtying herself with me (since nobody she knew was there). At least I don’t think I would have “deigned”. Too bad she didn’t put my deigning to risk…

• PawlieKokonuts said, on August 9, 2013 at 7:20 pm

xoot, no shit, that made me chuckle out loud. It is truly one of the wittiest things I’ve ever seen posted, anywhere, by anyone, not that I understand it any more than I do Joyce’s purposely confusing shit. FECKING BRILLIANT, MY MAN!!!!! And very funny. BRAVISSIMO!

• PawlieKokonuts said, on August 9, 2013 at 7:22 pm

Salzburg! In 1973 I made whoopie there with Marit, a bare-foot-in-the-Sound-of-Music-cathedral Norwegian chick, for a few days. She was naughty. Me too. Met, drunk, on the train.

• xoot said, on August 9, 2013 at 7:31 pm

Pawlie, thank you. Giants fans who are Joyce fans may appreciate the effort.

I had a great time with a woman named Molly in the late 70s, early 80s, when I moved to the Bay Area, first in SF, then in Berkeley. Ah, youth.

• PawlieKokonuts said, on August 9, 2013 at 7:33 pm

Even I had to look it up, folks. Here is what xoot was parodying, the first line of “Ulysses”: “Stately, plump Buck Mulligan came from the stairhead, bearing a bowl of lather on which a mirror and a razor lay crossed.”

3. PawlieKokonuts said, on August 9, 2013 at 6:57 pm

On the other thread, I declared that I agree with Mark Cuban. Just saying. AND TODAY I BOOKED A FLIGHT FOR $331 R/T TO COME OUT FOR ORANGE SOMBRERO NIGHT. hashtag excited

• snarkk said, on August 9, 2013 at 7:04 pm

Very nice. At that price, you riding on the wing?…

• PawlieKokonuts said, on August 9, 2013 at 7:11 pm

maybe yes, since United has yet to assign me seats

• snarkk said, on August 9, 2013 at 7:12 pm

United? Oy vay…

• snarkk said, on August 9, 2013 at 7:15 pm

Before every weekend game at ATT, Marty Lurie holds court and his radio show at the Public House. All the Flapalooza Flappers could gather and force him to give you an on-air interview about your books…

• PawlieKokonuts said, on August 9, 2013 at 7:17 pm

power to the people! Mario Savio! Berkeley! free speech!
        Is United THAT bad? Hey, we have US Airways, formerly Mohawk [as noted in “MadMen”]

• snarkk said, on August 9, 2013 at 7:42 pm

No, I just meant I had a bad experience with United two summers ago flying the snarkk family back to DC and return. Both outbound and return were nightmarish on many levels. Not safety, but customer service. I vowed never to fly United again…

4. PawlieKokonuts said, on August 9, 2013 at 7:15 pm

This thread is winning, 9-5, maybe 10-5 now.

5. xoot said, on August 9, 2013 at 7:25 pm

Davis is hitting 5th? Maybe that’ll soothe Pablo’s hurt feelings tonight.

6. unca_chuck said, on August 9, 2013 at 7:42 pm

Can’t find the game in Aptos . . .

All these weird channels.

7. unca_chuck said, on August 9, 2013 at 8:09 pm

CHannel 187? DOwn 2-0? What happened?

• PawlieKokonuts said, on August 9, 2013 at 8:11 pm

Buck Mulligan Showalter’s boys with a bloop and a blast, sort of.

8. Flavor said, on August 9, 2013 at 8:22 pm

Hey–I’ve got about 3 minutes and counting to post something—there are 2 people in,line behind me for their 10 minutes of internet time and 3 kids behind them who are threatening to kick mm ass in Othello (again) after I get offline.
    What The FUCK is so difficult about Othello that 9-10 year olds can waste me with such ease?
    I appreciate both Zumiee and Blade for posting threads today. thanks.
    Carry on.
    Flavor.
    and now, back to humble pie………

9. PawlieKokonuts said, on August 9, 2013 at 8:23 pm

I am merely following the game online, but I get the sense that we should be encouraged and hopeful that Vogey has found his form after settling down, eh?

10. blade3colorado said, on August 9, 2013 at 8:33 pm

Pawlie, you need to be patient. The ads will disappear eventually, if they don’t, then try the various “x’s” that are there. Give me a shout, if you can’t get the feed and I will try to assist via phone or here.

• PawlieKokonuts said, on August 9, 2013 at 8:41 pm

thanks, Blade; reason says I should be sleeping; fandom disputes that.

• PawlieKokonuts said, on August 9, 2013 at 8:45 pm

it says, “Ana is calling”
      Can I answer with video??
      if she is hot enough, should I give her any data requested?
      I’m a weak man; get me some runs!!!

• PawlieKokonuts said, on August 9, 2013 at 8:47 pm

dang, I tried to x out Ana and it brought me to Russian brides, ain’t kidding

• blade3colorado said, on August 9, 2013 at 8:52 pm

You didn’t get the feed?

• blade3colorado said, on August 9, 2013 at 8:54 pm

Try this . . . http://www.vipboxonline.eu/

Then click on baseball icon, then click on SF vs. Orioles, then a drop down menu will appear and click on AU stream, Link 1.

Got it?

• PawlieKokonuts said, on August 9, 2013 at 8:54 pm

got the feed, tnx; enjoying Miller and Krukow, but “Ana calling” window in the middle won’t go away; when i X out it brings me to russian brides site (really); driving to Adirondacks tmrw, so sleep soon

• blade3colorado said, on August 9, 2013 at 8:58 pm

There is a smaller x if you look really hard . . . Weird site. 😉

11. TedSpe said, on August 9, 2013 at 8:46 pm

Chris Davis…roids

12. blade3colorado said, on August 9, 2013 at 8:51 pm

Two of those guys on the HR graphic took PEDs in my opinion (Anderson and Palmeiro).

13. blade3colorado said, on August 9, 2013 at 8:57 pm

Sheesh, it’s a good thing we didn’t face the Brewers tonight. They are still up, after batting once around the line up. Segura is batting for his 2nd time in this inning. Score is 10-2 against the Mariners.

14. unca_chuck said, on August 9, 2013 at 8:59 pm

Brady? Yeah, he went from 17 HRs to 54? Gee, all that spinach musta really helped.

15. blade3colorado said, on August 9, 2013 at 9:02 pm

Agree with Miller – Vogie did really good this evening. Too bad no offense (again).

16. unca_chuck said, on August 9, 2013 at 9:08 pm

Wow. Not a cheapie.

17. blade3colorado said, on August 9, 2013 at 9:09 pm

Yeah, that was one of those whatchamacallits . . . Umm, a home run, right?

18. snarkk said, on August 9, 2013 at 9:09 pm

Belt belted it!
    Maybe I was wrong to be skeptical of Kruk. He said they changed Belt’s “grip”. Maybe it worked, he’s hitting lately. Maybe they ought to change the whole squad’s “grip”…

19. Macdog said, on August 9, 2013 at 9:15 pm

Good Golly Miss Molly, that was some Belt.

• xoot said, on August 9, 2013 at 9:33 pm

“sure like to ball”
      Yeah, that’ts the Molly I knew.

20. snarkk said, on August 9, 2013 at 9:34 pm

Sheezus, can’t Torres even get a sac bunt down?…

21. snarkk said, on August 9, 2013 at 9:43 pm

Jack Clark, barely a week into a radio job, has accused Pujols and Verlander of being juiced. Pujols says he’ll sue…

• blade3colorado said, on August 9, 2013 at 9:53 pm

In defense of Pujols and Verlander, Clark has no proof. Moreover, Clark is a shit disturber, e.g., see Tony Gwynn and how he defamed him with his off the wall comments.

• snarkk said, on August 9, 2013 at 10:05 pm

Could get interesting. I’m guessing Pujols won’t go through with with filing a lawsuit.
        I’d be surprised, anyway…

• blade3colorado said, on August 9, 2013 at 10:10 pm

Does Pujols speak that way? I’m wondering if those were his words or his attorney’s words. I can’t recall hearing him speak before, so no idea if that’s how he talks.

22. snarkk said, on August 9, 2013 at 9:46 pm

Come on Buster, let’s have a walk off…

23. Macdog said, on August 9, 2013 at 9:50 pm

Tie game!

24. snarkk said, on August 9, 2013 at 9:50 pm

Yes, that was nice. Keep the energy going, Panda…

• snarkk said, on August 9, 2013 at 9:51 pm

Or, hit the first pitch into a fielder’s choice…

25. blade3colorado said, on August 9, 2013 at 9:51 pm

No worries. Giants will win this. I guaranteed it. 🙂

26. chipower9 said, on August 9, 2013 at 9:51 pm

Just back from listening to live music…Fuck yeah…let’s win this bitch!

27. chipower9 said, on August 9, 2013 at 9:52 pm

Come on 22!

28. snarkk said, on August 9, 2013 at 9:53 pm

Alright Kiesch, take a breath and focus. Get a good pitch…

• snarkk said, on August 9, 2013 at 9:55 pm

Oy vay. You gotta know they’re going to not throw a strike, cuz a walk just loads ’em up for the DP at home anyway…

29. blade3colorado said, on August 9, 2013 at 9:54 pm

K is spot on. Don’t swing at that BS.

30. Macdog said, on August 9, 2013 at 9:58 pm

Damn, that’s frustrating.

31. snarkk said, on August 9, 2013 at 9:58 pm

Time for a Maker’s…

32. xoot said, on August 9, 2013 at 10:03 pm

I realize that quiche is a rookie, but there is no way anybody shoud’ve swung at that pitch.

• willedav said, on August 9, 2013 at 10:11 pm

or any of them. He never saw a strike.

• xoot said, on August 9, 2013 at 10:24 pm

yeah, I agree, but after seeing and fucking up over some of the earlier pitches, swiinging at the last one?

33. chipower9 said, on August 9, 2013 at 10:07 pm

You all nailed it…no way in hell ANYONE should be swinging at that shit with a base open.

34. snarkk said, on August 9, 2013 at 10:07 pm

Gnight Flappers…

35. chipower9 said, on August 9, 2013 at 10:08 pm

Un-fucking-real. The Giants had the PRIME opportunity to close this bitch out, and can’t, and now they give up two fucking runs. This song is getting SO old. I’m with snarkk…time for a Makers (for me it would be a vodka)…

• blade3colorado said, on August 9, 2013 at 10:11 pm

I don’t drink, but I think I am going to start mainlining heroin again. 🙂

36. Macdog said, on August 9, 2013 at 10:08 pm

O no.

37. PawlieKokonuts said, on August 9, 2013 at 10:09 pm

why walk Jones to get to Chris “I Am Chasing Ruth” Davis, for feck sake?????

• blade3colorado said, on August 9, 2013 at 10:11 pm

I thought you were in bed?

38. chipower9 said, on August 9, 2013 at 10:09 pm

Don’t Stop Believin’…night Flappers…

39. xoot said, on August 9, 2013 at 10:09 pm

The great LOOGY vs. Davis and Davis wins that battle. But i don’t think his FB was hit very well. And now another bad luck hit. Damn.

Maybe the August surge starts tomorrow.

40. chipower9 said, on August 9, 2013 at 10:10 pm

I will ALWAYS love my Orange and Black…but damn, they sure know how to crush a guy’s soul…

41. PawlieKokonuts said, on August 9, 2013 at 10:14 pm

goodfuckingnight…..nice way to ruin my whole fuckin night, Gigantes…..tie the game and then BLOW it, as in b.l.o.w. it. Awful.

42. blade3colorado said, on August 9, 2013 at 10:21 pm

I feel like the Anti- George Zimmer of Men’s Wearhouse . . . Sorry Flappers 😦

43. xoot said, on August 9, 2013 at 10:32 pm

So Lopez was supposed to hit one spot that would maximize a defensive shift, but he missed his spot, so the defense was unable to track down a routine fly ball? What the fuck? Have you ever heard the term “over engineered”? Let Lopez induce a routine FB and let the D put it away.

• xoot said, on August 9, 2013 at 10:37 pm

well, maybe not “maximize”; perhaps the better predicate would be “capitalize on” or “take advantage of”

44. unca_chuck said, on August 9, 2013 at 11:13 pm

It was a shit pitch, that’s for sure.

45. unca_chuck said, on August 9, 2013 at 11:18 pm

Shnickerdoodle saw the same pitch 8 fucking times. He shouldn’t have swung at any of them. Insanely pisserific.

• unca_chuck said, on August 9, 2013 at 11:22 pm

He’s got to know that he’s going to see nothing but sinkers to avoid the fly ball. AAAAAAAahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh fuck it. Again, why do I get my hopes up that these guys’ll play better ball?

• Nipper said, on August 10, 2013 at 4:52 am