Off to St Louis

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on May 29, 2014

Grinding series coming up in St Louis and with no off day it’s go-time against Jaime Garcia tonight. I still remember a few years ago, it may even have been 2010, where we got completely shut down by Garcia. He pitched a complete game and I want to say he did it in 81 pitches. I recall being disgusted with our effort and venting long and loudly about it on the blog…..

And Garcia is arguably the EASY starting pitcher we have to face in St Louis. He’s a couple of starts back from torn labrum surgery last year. After Garcia, we *get* to face Wainwright, then Wacha, then Lynn. Actually, I guess Lynn is the weak link in that foursome.

The reason you don’t discount beating up on hapless teams like the Cubs is that you need those wins in the bank when you go on tough road trips like this one. I don’t see this series with the Cardinals as a measuring stick. I see it as something to survive, get through uninjured and move on through the rest of a long 162 game season.

Just don’t get swept, I’d consider that a victory…….

1. SanDawg said, on May 29, 2014 at 9:42 pm

Tentative deal in place to sell the Clippers for not one, but TWO billion dollars! That is some serious coin. I kinda scoffed when Flav said he thought they’d fetch a billion, easy.
    My hopes for a protracted, ugly, public, court battle are dwindling. I’m so disappointed.

• Nipper said, on May 29, 2014 at 9:59 pm

Yeah Sterling is too pathetic to put up a battle for anything let alone a sports franchise.

2. unca_chuck said, on May 29, 2014 at 10:37 pm

Shit, a part of me thinks Sterling did this shit on purpose to drive up the value of the team. Create a huge con-tro-ver-sy and watch the doo-gooders swoop in and throw down. Fucking Oprah offered 1.4 bill.

Between the 10 billionth truckload of shit I’ve been moving, I managed to catch Pagan’s game tying base hit, and Morse’s wicked double. These guys are smokin hot..

And, shit, I’m still baffled that Reuter is the winningest lefty in Giants history.

• Nipper said, on May 30, 2014 at 8:15 am

Moving a whole lot of Shit?

3. unca_chuck said, on May 29, 2014 at 10:43 pm

Plus, old friend El Tiburon Blanco is batting .221!!

4. unca_chuck said, on May 29, 2014 at 10:45 pm

Doggers lose! 6-3 . . .

5. willedav said, on May 30, 2014 at 7:21 am

Only caught the end of this one on TV, but flems and miller said the pitcher blocked Molina from seeing the ball when Blanco scored. Matheny confirmed it, guy should have been behind him backing up the plate. walking Sandoval, way hot and with an HR earlier, was not a dumb move–Morse made them pay for it.. Matheny’s players cost him this one.
    Romo doesn’t seem to be able to control his slider, esp vs. LH, where he leaves it over the plate. Hector has the target down and in (back foot) and instead it’s up and out over the plate. To RHs he was still bending it down/out away from their reach.
    Good for Blanco. I’ve said before he is a better player than he has shown so far and he comes thru with colvin on bench. Bochy pushing all the right buttons lately–Adrianza singled stole a base and scored the other night, Hector catches Lincecum and then all night yesterday and SF wins without Posey, again. Love seeing SF kick STL ass.

6. James said, on May 30, 2014 at 7:34 am

This year’s team after 54 games has scored 234 runs and has a 35-19 record. Last year after 54 games, they had 243 runs scored and a 29-25 record. The difference, of course, is that this year’s team has given up only 186 runs as opposed to the 245 they’d allowed last year to this point.

7. dirtnrocksnomo said, on May 30, 2014 at 9:23 am

Coming back three times. Are you kidding me? What a game last night.