A Place To Talk About Giants Baseball

Garbage Trucks and Droughts

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on September 30, 2014

Today, I want everyone to look for garbage trucks. If you see one, take notice, you just saw yourself a good luck charm. Notice as many as you can, The Giants need all the help they can get….

But before tomorrow’s game, we have the AL wild card game. It’s shaped up to be quite interesting with Lester facing off against The 29 year Droughters. I think Oakland wins and I think KC plays too tightly tonight. All the pressure is on the Royals and when you’re carrying the hopes and dreams of 29 years gone by for 40,000 fans, that could easily tighten the players up to the point of failure.

So remember, look for garbage trucks today. If you don’t see one before game time tomorrow, we are in big, big trouble….

1. paulinasia said, on September 30, 2014 at 9:47 pm

Thanks, Mac. I was wondering about how many pitchers because I was reading that link from wswins about the roster, and Bochy said they’re considering 11 pitchers. That seemed to me like an awful lot of pitchers for one flippin’ game, as I’m thinking it would be best to have more bench guys for pinch running and pinch hitting, etc. But… if tomorrow’s game goes as this one has, might indeed need the pitching….. Although I’m expecting a complete game from Madison… 🙂

• chipower9 said, on September 30, 2014 at 9:50 pm

I like the way you think, Paul (MadBum complete game).

2. Macdog said, on September 30, 2014 at 9:53 pm

So Beane’s trades with the Red Sox and Cubs didn’t work out in the playoffs.

3. chipower9 said, on September 30, 2014 at 9:54 pm

Holy Moly! I don’the believe it! Un-fucking-real! Congrats Royals.

4. Rooster said, on September 30, 2014 at 9:54 pm

The KC Kids complete the comeback!
    The A’s blow the big lead late in the game. No surprise.

5. DJLoo said, on September 30, 2014 at 9:54 pm

Champagne party?

6. chipower9 said, on September 30, 2014 at 9:55 pm

And the winning run set-up by the passed ball. Wow….

7. unca_chuck said, on September 30, 2014 at 9:56 pm

Wow. The Royals come back from the depths twice to puli t out.

8. snarkk said, on September 30, 2014 at 9:56 pm

A’s with the greatest choke job in a season since the 30’s…

• ODB said, on September 30, 2014 at 9:58 pm

A complete choking of the chicken

9. DJLoo said, on September 30, 2014 at 9:58 pm

That Salvador Perez is a born orator…

10. Alleykat said, on September 30, 2014 at 9:58 pm

Just had to be the Royals moving on..
    How ironic Adam Dunn never In a postseason game and still didn’t get an AB in this one.

11. Macdog said, on September 30, 2014 at 9:58 pm

Salvador rally.

12. paulinasia said, on September 30, 2014 at 9:59 pm

Happy for the Royals. I was in KC on a business trip in the Fall of ’95, and I met a lot of locals talkin’ baseball. They were just really nice people excited about their team (which, of course, would go on to win it all that year). I’ve had a soft interest in them ever since. The A’s? Who cares. I’ve just always hated their uniforms…. :-p

• chipower9 said, on September 30, 2014 at 10:02 pm

Yes. A’s uniforms smoke some serious pole. Right down to thole funky-ass white shoes…

• Fettmucke said, on October 1, 2014 at 6:23 am

As opposed to Halloween costumes.

13. DJLoo said, on September 30, 2014 at 10:03 pm

The Royals just announced that if they make the World Series, Don Denkinger will throw out the first ball…

• paulinasia said, on September 30, 2014 at 10:07 pm

Good one…

14. snarkk said, on September 30, 2014 at 10:05 pm

I’m not going to diss the A’s here. I’m going to say congrats to the Royals after almost 3 decades of futility. Good luck to them…

• DJLoo said, on September 30, 2014 at 10:15 pm

What do I get for almost 6 decades of futility?

15. pawliekokonuts said, on September 30, 2014 at 10:09 pm

Now that was a thoroughly exciting game. Yoikes! I’ll tell you what: sure glad I wasn’t invested in either team. Would be exhausting. What will the banner hed be in the Sun Yat Sentinel?

• paulinasia said, on September 30, 2014 at 10:14 pm

The Hong Kong papers are talking about protests. The mainland papers are not talking about the protests…

16. pawliekokonuts said, on September 30, 2014 at 10:09 pm

G’night, girls.

17. chipower9 said, on September 30, 2014 at 10:37 pm

G’Night Flap Universe (it cannot really be Flap Nation with Flappers scattered around the world, right)?

• DJLoo said, on September 30, 2014 at 10:54 pm