A Place To Talk About Giants Baseball

Wild Card Thread!

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on October 1, 2014

This day went extremely slowly. But finally, it’s almost time to play ball.

My gut feeling today wasn’t good but I won’t dwell on that.

We have a chance, I love our starting pitcher and I feel like we have enough of a line up to not totally surprise me with a win.

Trolls, it would not be a good evening for you to frequent the Flap…..

Go Giants!

1. salty said, on October 1, 2014 at 8:24 pm

Peavy might have to win games 1&5, Bum game 3. But what a game tonight. Homegrown boys got it done. They had that look of focused swagger again.

2. Flavor said, on October 1, 2014 at 8:24 pm

Probably the most dominant pitching performance I’ve seen since Timmy executed the Braves in 2010.

3. Alleykat said, on October 1, 2014 at 8:25 pm

Undertaker dominating performance!!
    Complete game shutout 4 hits1 walk 10k’s

• stickman said, on October 1, 2014 at 8:43 pm

Alley: Sure pleased that “Undertaker” take took with you. He sure does have that look, doesn’t he. As i noted when first using the term a World Championship or two ago, Big Country has the sort of look that any funeral parlor in the country would practically give up their left one to have on their staff for their most lucrative engagements. He wouldn’t make a bad prosecuting attorney type either.

Imagine standing there with an ash stick in your hands, getting hit with that glower and then trying to get decent wood on the move from that flashing left arm. Pittsburgh has some pretty decent hitters on that squad. The Undertaker made them look like a highschool nine tonight.

4. Alleykat said, on October 1, 2014 at 8:28 pm

These clubhouse party’s never get old!
    Just wish I was in there with them spraying the bubbly!

5. Flavor said, on October 1, 2014 at 8:31 pm

because I’m in a great mood and I do want to give out an ode to ODB because I think he’s on the verge of joining society, here’s an example of what he tries to post here that the filter whacks down:
    Submitted on 2014/10/01 at 8:11 pm
    Crawford hid his Salami deep in the Pirates throats!!!!
    Submitted on 2014/10/01 at 8:17 pm
    Crawford hid his Salami deep inside the Pirates snatches!!!!!!!

I tell ya, I don’t get paid enough to sift through and sort out the idiots from the internet but I do enjoy reading the trolls who end up in my filter. It’s pretty funny shit watching them try to post their idiocy over and over…..

• dirtnrocksnomo said, on October 1, 2014 at 8:34 pm

Hey, I laughed. That’s some quality.

• chipower9 said, on October 1, 2014 at 8:34 pm

LMAO….

• DJLoo said, on October 1, 2014 at 8:34 pm

Maybe he’s our good luck charm…

• Flavor said, on October 1, 2014 at 8:38 pm

ODB is a loser dipshit who lives in his mother’s basement. But he’s a Giants fan and he does provide me with some entertainment in the filter system. If that’s not a life worth living I don’t know what is. I will keep re-posting his drivel just to make his day.

• chipower9 said, on October 1, 2014 at 8:40 pm

lqtm…He’s probably beating-off right now…

• Flavor said, on October 1, 2014 at 8:43 pm

hopefully not to these posts. lqtm

• willedav said, on October 1, 2014 at 9:00 pm

I think ever since he posted *concussed pussy* Belt’s been raking.

6. chipower9 said, on October 1, 2014 at 8:32 pm

Many said the Giants needed a big fly tonight. MudBug provided that, and more. First SS to hit a saiami in the post season. Unreal.

Look out motherfuckers cuz the Giant Express is coming through! Gonna put a Choo Choo on the nats!

7. stickman said, on October 1, 2014 at 8:36 pm

When it comes to that one-game gotta win situation during the post-season Bumgarner has a significantly better track record than Kershaw. What a performance by the four big B’s tonight: Bumgarner, Brandon, Brandon and Buster. Add Bochy if you prefer uneven numbers.

Pirates were simply outclassed this evening. Never knew what hit em. Though Pittsburgh and SF had totally identical records during the regular season the Giants took advantage of Bumgarner’s killer instincts when it comes to post-season pitching and a pile of position players who have been to the dance and walked off with the Homecoming Queen in two of the past four seasons. Imagine what this team would have been like if they had been able to get full seasons from Panik and Belt ~ and had Cain not been hurting. No doubt they would have bettered the LaBumbos and racked up a good 95 wins.

So its the Nats next. Peavy is the kinda guy who just might could rise to the occasion, switching over to A.C. in D.C. Nats have had a tough time advancing the past couple years while they have been heavy favorites. Giants know how to do it. Who knows, maybe Petit and the bullies will hold tough, if BB15 goes the logical route and picks him rather than Hudson. Hudson, though, might be good for a five-inning stint ~ about like Petit. Way the offense chopped up the Pirates they too may be ready for Urinations Capitol. Strategy may be to win one there and sweep em at home.

As of tonight momentum favors the Giants.

• chipower9 said, on October 1, 2014 at 8:39 pm

That’s exactly what I have been saying, Stix. Nats have been everyone’s darlings past few years and they don’the have jack shit to show for any of it. Fuck them. Bring it!

• Flavor said, on October 1, 2014 at 8:42 pm

totally agree Stix. I see Peavy rising HIGH to this occasion….hey, when the post season starts we start doing different shit. End of story……

8. chipower9 said, on October 1, 2014 at 8:36 pm

You know what is sickening. NONE of these ESPN fuckwads gave the Giants the time of day before this game, and now they are all stroking their fricking poles over our boys. Fuck off you two-faced bastards.

9. dirtnrocksnomo said, on October 1, 2014 at 8:37 pm

I still don’t understand a damn thing Sandoval says. Dude is awesome.

• Flavor said, on October 1, 2014 at 8:40 pm

did you catch Perez’ post game interview from last night? It was an impeccable impersonation.

• DJLoo said, on October 1, 2014 at 8:42 pm

You’re right. It’s like listening to a Latin Cousin Itt…

• Flavor said, on October 1, 2014 at 8:48 pm

I listen to it and I’m batting with myself to not be pissed off that he’s butchering my language vs appreciating how much I love how he hits a baseball and how he’s actually trying his ass off to learn the language and he’s speaking it infinitely better than I could ever speak his language…..
        And at the end of the interview I just feel confused wondering if I should even be thinking about this.

10. chipower9 said, on October 1, 2014 at 8:42 pm

I’m out. Been working some long daze here in Phoenix. G’Night Flap Universe!

Salute – FU!

• Flavor said, on October 1, 2014 at 8:45 pm

later Chi– hang in there, we need you big time for the next series.

11. dirtnrocksnomo said, on October 1, 2014 at 8:45 pm

Dallas Braden rocking the soul glow. Dead ringer for my brother in law.

12. pawliekokonuts said, on October 1, 2014 at 8:47 pm

I watched the game at the house of a local fan — raised out by San Jose. great food: meatloaf, mashed potatoes, corn, cheesecake. We fielded texts from another SFG fan across town. A very pleasant time had by all. ‘Let’s Get It On’ followed by ‘I Feel Good.’ Play it again, SanFran.

• Flavor said, on October 1, 2014 at 8:49 pm

awesome you found a friendly place to watch the game, PK. You know you always have a home here to watch one.

• pawliekokonuts said, on October 1, 2014 at 8:55 pm

True, and thanks. Actually, I thought of blogging while there, which I have done before, but naw. First time G-men have won since we’ve had one of these watch parties.

13. Macdog said, on October 1, 2014 at 8:48 pm

Hey snarkk, wherever you are, how do ya like the 1-game playoff now? 🙂

• Flavor said, on October 1, 2014 at 8:52 pm

Bang! Booyah! Are you smellin’ what I’m steppin’ in? Are you picking up what I’m throwing down?….. and anything else you can think of……..

14. DJLoo said, on October 1, 2014 at 8:56 pm

Game 1 – Friday- 3:07 Eastern (i think that’s what I just saw)

• DJLoo said, on October 1, 2014 at 8:59 pm

Game 2 – Saturday – 5:37 Eastern

• Macdog said, on October 1, 2014 at 9:02 pm

Yep. And Saturday at 5:30 EST.

15. blade3colorado said, on October 1, 2014 at 9:02 pm

In the streets of Luang Prabang, Laos, the villagers are going crazy. Firing off bottle rockets, dancing in the streets to Lao folksongs, tuk tuk drivers giving free rides to not only Giants fans, but all baseball fans. I’m tellin’ ya, this is some celebration here . . . Umm . . . uhh . . . Well, anyway – I am celebrating! 🙂

16. sportdude said, on October 1, 2014 at 10:27 pm

Win one of 1st two and we have Mad Bum waiting in game 3. Awesome!!!

17. snarkk said, on October 1, 2014 at 10:32 pm

I told you dudes we needed at least one HR and we’d be cool. And, what an HR it was!
    Awesome, clutch performance by a team that knows how to get it done when the heat’s on…
    This feels gooood….

18. snarkk said, on October 1, 2014 at 10:41 pm

And, BTW, screw the East Coast biased pundits that picked the Pirates…

19. snarkk said, on October 1, 2014 at 10:42 pm

Craw = 4 RBIs; Belt = 3 RBIs; Panik = 3 hits in his first post season game. These younguns are gettin’ er done…

20. Raymond said, on October 2, 2014 at 6:07 am

so pumped! Bring on the Nats!

21. unca_chuck said, on October 2, 2014 at 9:04 am

Awesome game. Couple things I learned this morning. One was 7 of the 9 Giants starters in yesterday’s game were home grown players. Crazy. Sabean used to catch a ton of heat for that, but nowadays he’s got a team that is literally stacked with homegrown talent.

Another thing I heard is, on one of the last road trips, the Giants bus broke down, and the bus driver pulled off the road. Madison got some tools out and fixed the bus. He fixed the fucking bus! How great is that? Just picture Sandy Koufax wrenching on the team bus. Doesn’t compute. Bummie? No prob. I’m sure he changes out tractor engines without an engine lift.

Also found out his nickname is ‘Country Breakfast’ No idea what that means, but I love it.

22. chipower9 said, on October 2, 2014 at 10:17 pm

Wow. What a fucking wild AL NLDS game. These Royals are something else. This is the “David and Goliath” AL match-up, as is the Giants and natty Nats in the NL! GO DOGS (under).