A Place To Talk About Giants Baseball

2010…2012….2014?

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on October 3, 2014

Well, if heart and soul have anything to do with pitching, I like our chances today. And having watched Strasburg pitch a number of times, I’ll take the fire and moxie from Peavy over the robotic pitch counted Strasburg.

As we know as much or more than any baseball fan, anything is possible. If you had told me when I started the first Flap blog over at blogger.com (as a joke because the Splash blog kept crashing that day) that 6 years later two Giants fans who didn’t know each other would meet at my blog, become proud members of a supernova known as “Flap Nation” and one day meet up in Ho Chi Minh City for a “knowing dude head nod”, I woulda called you crazy….

And yet here they are yesterday (Blade on the right, PaulinAsia on the left with the peace sign):

hochiminhflapper

Let others have the day. We own the night. Flappers around the world, UNITE!!!!!!!!!

1. Chipower9 said, on October 3, 2014 at 7:28 am

Great story line, and awesome picture. I have had a pleasure to meet a number of the other Flappers in person (Blade a couple of times). Hoping to meet Paul sometime, too. Ed (who used to hold down the United Kingdom for us is back in California, and I hope to meet-up with him sometime soon, too.

I mentioned how special this blog is a thread or two back. And I will say it again…Thank you Craig, from the bottom of my heart. I love this place, and am lucky to have met some of the finest SF Giant fans on the planet through your blog.

What a fricking game last night. The Royals are interesting, to say the least.

The schedule has me pissed-off. Will have to follow the game from work. I am helping work a compliance audit in Phoenix. We have had a few slow days…hoping like hell for another today, so that I can follow the game.

Bring on the natty nats.

Let’s Get It On – Let’s Roll – GO GIANTS!

• pawliekokonuts said, on October 3, 2014 at 7:38 am

pretty crazy — but not all that surprising: as I was composing my post, you were saying much the same thing…and I didn’t know it until my comment popped up. Cool.

• Chipower9 said, on October 3, 2014 at 7:49 am

I think we all have a common love for the blog, and this special place that Flav has provided, and also, a keen appreciation of the friendshipt that we have kindled over the past six years or so. It is some cool stuff.

2. pawliekokonuts said, on October 3, 2014 at 7:36 am

First LurkerMike from Brooklyn, welcome. [I inserted the proper vocative comma.] Great email to Magnus and great post to end the previous thread, LurkerBoy. Your post and email, amplified and transmogrified by the photo of Blade and AsianPawlie above, illuminates why the Flap is beyond baseball. Whether it’d be rallying to Twin or Snarkk facing illness, or someone facing a loss, or a family triumph, or travail, or discussing food or Kierkegaard or obscure movies (ahem, Tedspe) or northern Minnesota winters or old rock or blues bands, this is a true brotherhood and sisterhood (Ferret, anyone?). All here, lurkers or exposers, even trolls, make it a vibrant and dynamic community. And at the core? The New York and San Francisco Giants and what they have meant and what they mean in our disparate lives. Magnus, once again, thanks for having us. It is not a gushy exaggeration to say this place has changed our lives. It has mine. [Awaiting wiseguy one-liner from DJLoo.]
    p.s. If I could’ve, I would’ve included the names of dozens of current and former regulars. But — as with the Academy Awards — I’d forget someone. Y’all know who you are. #OCTOBERTOGETHER

• Chipower9 said, on October 3, 2014 at 7:51 am

Great post, Pawlie. My sentiments, exactly. Well said, my friend.

3. pawliekokonuts said, on October 3, 2014 at 7:41 am

Hey, Gianthead, you going to either of the games? My friend Pat Hogan, former Syracuse mayoral candidate, is down there to see his Nats. We’ve been mildly taunting each other. I should’ve gone down there with him. But as I said on Twitter, I am just going to save my money and travel to the Giants in SF. In the World Series.

• Chipower9 said, on October 3, 2014 at 7:52 am

I like your priorities and the way you think, Mr. Kokonuts. Smart man.

• pawliekokonuts said, on October 3, 2014 at 7:55 am

ha, danke…and may it be so, may it be so.

• Chipower9 said, on October 3, 2014 at 8:01 am

Well, I love Flav’s title for today’s thread…

2010-2012-2014

As Jean-Luc Picard would say…”Make It So.”

4. Chipower9 said, on October 3, 2014 at 7:56 am

I had not gone back and read the end of the last thread (as I usually do), but it is cool that you decide to throw out at least one post, LurkerMike.

Hoping you reconsider and join the fracas on a more regular basis. It is always great to add new blood, and it appears (from the little you have shared) that you would be a good addition.

5. Chipower9 said, on October 3, 2014 at 7:59 am

Was in Scottsdale last night to exchange a bracelet for my lady (one I purchased while here for spring training). It was odd…the first time visiting that I was not here for Giants ST ball. Had my obligatory pizza from Grimwolds…great NY style pie (from a family that migrated out here years ago).

I will be going out next week on Wednesday and Thursday to catch a couple Scottsdale Scorpion games. There are, I think, six Giant prospects (well, Duffy is one of them) that is on the team. The guy I really want to see is Daniel Carbonell, the young Cuban OFer of ours.

Baseball is Life. The Rest is Just Details (well, almost).

• DJLoo said, on October 3, 2014 at 8:11 am

You sure you don’t mean Grimaldi’s, Chi?
      The Grimwolds are probably still in Wally World…

• Chipower9 said, on October 3, 2014 at 8:31 am

LMAO, Loo. Not sure how the hell I butchered that one. Still early out here. Yes, Grimaldi’s. Probably not as good as the pie you get on the street in NY, but pretty damned good in the AZ desert.

6. twinfan1 said, on October 3, 2014 at 8:04 am

NLDS Roster: ( Morse still a no-go, Duvall and Quiroz removed, no Kontos or Gutierrez )

Pitchers (12) Jeremy Affeldt, Madison Bumgarner, Santiago Casilla, Tim Lincecum, Javier Lopez, Jean Machi, Jake Peavy, Yusmeiro Petit, Sergio Romo, Hunter Strickland, Tim Hudson, Vogelsong

Catchers (2): Buster Posey, Andrew Susac.

Infielders (6): Joaquin Arias, Brandon Belt, Brandon Crawford, Matt Duffy, Joe Panik, Pablo Sandoval.

Outfielders (5): Gregor Blanco, Gary Brown, Travis Ishikawa, Hunter Pence, Juan Perez.

• DJLoo said, on October 3, 2014 at 8:14 am

Seems logical to me. Especially putting Hudson & Vogelsong back on…

7. Flavor said, on October 3, 2014 at 8:20 am

Aaaaannnnnd I just found out today is a day game. FML and fuck day games during the work week

• Alleykat said, on October 3, 2014 at 8:26 am

Agree, totally sucks BF, have to dust off my transistor radio at work today😞

• Chipower9 said, on October 3, 2014 at 8:34 am

I know. I will have to try and follow via the net. Sucks balls.

• Macdog said, on October 3, 2014 at 8:39 am

Me too, Flav. I’m gonna have to follow it on the phone.

• WilcoJoe said, on October 3, 2014 at 8:53 am

Can’t you guys take a sick day? Not only is it a Playoff game, it’s a Friday. Nobody actually “works” on a Friday anyway.

8. blade3colorado said, on October 3, 2014 at 8:20 am

Paul and I were in the Xu Bar (pronounced Shoo . . . Paul correct me if I am wrong) and I said, I am going to check the Flap out. I think Flavor is going to post our photo from breakfast at the Liberty Parkview Hotel . . . Lo and behold, he did, along with an excellent written post. Both Paul and I are humbled. We did the obligatory fist bumps and knowing head nod . . . Then Paul suggested a couple of photos at the bar we were at . . . Umm, along with the ladies who were chatting us up. I sent Flavor the photos, but have no idea whether they will grace this blog. Regardless, as Chi and Pawlie eloquently conveyed, we both love this place. Call it home away from home or whatever you feel is apt. I just know that this is where I get my fix for all things Giants.

More important though – as both Chi and Pawlie have pointed out – I have met some wonderful people here at the Flap and I have no doubt, I will meet the rest of you before my last breath.

P.S. No idea if this is true, but Paul indicated the game starts at 3PM and both Paul and I were wondering if we would wake up to the last few innings or a final score. Regardless – GO GIANTS!

• Chipower9 said, on October 3, 2014 at 8:53 am

Happy Trails, Brothers. Enjoy, and yes…GO GIANTS!

• paulinasia said, on October 3, 2014 at 9:01 am

Yeah, for the record, in China, Xu would indeed be shoo, but in VN, it’s soo….

• blade3colorado said, on October 3, 2014 at 9:02 am

This is why you are Master Sensei, while I am lowly grasshopper. 😦

9. Alleykat said, on October 3, 2014 at 8:23 am

It’s logical for Hudson Loo,since he’s pitching game 2.

10. dirtnrocksnomo said, on October 3, 2014 at 8:29 am

I didn’t realize Frandsen and Schierholtz were with the Nationals.

I heard on the radio coming into work that due to the 300 EST start time the shadows/glare could come into play. That works both ways so whataryagonnado? I’m hoping Peavy can harness his emotions today. It’s good to be intense but that doesn’t always help in the bright lights of the post season when everyone else picks it up a notch. Gotta Jump on Strasburg early and get it going.

• Flavor said, on October 3, 2014 at 8:38 am

maybe Peavy learned something from Bum the other day. He’s had a lot of playoff experience (mostly all failures) he needs to (like you said) harness his emotions a bit. Could go either way with Strasburg

11. twinfan1 said, on October 3, 2014 at 8:37 am

I wrote this yesterday, it seems in line with the tenor of this mornings comments. BTW, Steve and Paul- where may I find your Fountain of Youth, you guys look great…

“We’ve all come about our love for baseball in our own ways. I loved it as a boy and playing it made it even better. Then for many years it was a sometime diversion as my work took 12-16 hours of my day. I had season tickets for over 3 decades but my friends and customers went more than I did. Baseball as the National Pastime is a thing of the past- life is faster now, so much is available with a click and a tweet. I liken baseball to the foods of the Shaker women- the cuisine was in their heads and hearts, not put to paper. It was up to the food historians and writers like Ronald Johnson to find what was in their hearts and preserve it for today. And so it is up to those of us who remember the game of our youth, to pass along to a new generation the joy of baseball when it was the game that little boys dreamt of, when small towns were abuzz as the World Series approached and *everyone* wanted to see the powerful Yanks humbled.
    Which brings me to today. I rediscovered the game when I grew older and my health deteriorated. I became a NUT, a FANBOY-and miraculously became a young boy again. I often dream of the game, I remember the players of my youth in Pittsburgh. For years I had remembered what we now call a “walk off”. A player named Johnny Powers hit one of his few home runs into the teeth of a strong wind and raised his arms high into the air as he soaked in the cheers. It wasn’t until many years later that I found out that it wasn’t Powers, it was Bob Skinner. And then I realized that it didn’t matter, what mattered was that it made me recall what the game once was and I why I loved it as a boy and now again in my older years. It slows life down, it’s a game that you can savor as you savor a fine wine or a walk in the woods, a doze in a hammock, it’s a game that makes us realize that life is to be enjoyed slowly -as it passes by all too soon.”

• Chipower9 said, on October 3, 2014 at 8:59 am

What an awesome post, Michael. And like LurkerMike mentioned in his email to Flavor, I have learned much about the game of baseball from you, and others here. It is one of few of many benefits of being a part of this wondrous community. Hope you and Merna are well, Twin.

• Flavor said, on October 3, 2014 at 9:03 am

this one is going in the POTD-best of

• snarkk said, on October 3, 2014 at 9:53 am

Nicely said…

• WilcoJoe said, on October 3, 2014 at 10:17 am

Awesome post, Twin!

12. unca_chuck said, on October 3, 2014 at 8:41 am

Shit, I can’t even get radio where I work. Gamecast blows chunks . . . *sigh*. Wonder if MLB.com has some kind of deal going.

Great thread, Craig, and, as always, this place rocks!

And, Mike? Spectacular.

13. twinfan1 said, on October 3, 2014 at 8:50 am

Starting LU, I think it’s the same as the WC game. Why not?

1. Gregor Blanco (L) CF

2. Joe Panik (L) 2B

3. Buster Posey (R) C

4. Pablo Sandoval (S) 3B

5. Hunter Pence (R) RF

6. Brandon Belt (L) 1B

7. Brandon Crawford (L) SS

8. Travis Ishikawa (L) LF

9. Jake Peavy (R) P

• Chipower9 said, on October 3, 2014 at 9:00 am

Brandon and Brandon, Back-to-Back. Let’s hope one or both, comes up with a Jack!

GO GIANTS!

• dirtnrocksnomo said, on October 3, 2014 at 9:06 am

Blanco = 4 for 14 with a HR against Strasburg for .286. El Tiburón Blanco is going to be key today.

14. willedav said, on October 3, 2014 at 8:55 am

Great pic, great posts. Flap, as always, a good read.

The FU…can’t stop it, can’t even hope to contain it either.

15. blade3colorado said, on October 3, 2014 at 8:55 am

“It slows life down, it’s a game that you can savor as you savor a fine wine or a walk in the woods, a doze in a hammock, it’s a game that makes us realize that life is to be enjoyed slowly -as it passes by all too soon.”

You could select any sentence or your entire post – it all spoke to me (and I’m certain others here as well). However, this last sentence really encapsulates the way I feel about baseball. Thank you for eloquently saying what I feel . . . but would fail miserably in trying to convey.

* Also, thank you for the kind words . . . Travel invigorates and sates my curiousity for the world.

• Chipower9 said, on October 3, 2014 at 9:03 am

I agree re: Twin’s post. One of the best I have seen in some time.
      Blessed…
      Humbled…
      Appreciative…
      Just some of the by-products of time on The Flap…

16. willedav said, on October 3, 2014 at 8:57 am

Hey Snarkk, loss to U of A doesn’t look so bad huh? Put up a better fight than vaunted fighting Ducks did, and on road no less. PAC is wide open this year, and even L by Stanford shouldn’t hinder chances of league title.

• snarkk said, on October 3, 2014 at 9:56 am

Yeah, that loss really sucks now. Cal will be exciting in it’s future losses. If they just had 2 guys in the secondary that could play, they might win 2 or 3 more league games. I’m guessing they can get 1 more league win, and that’s it…

17. paulinasia said, on October 3, 2014 at 8:58 am

Wow… some nice writing on the Flap tonight. Um, this morning… Flap Universe…..

• Chipower9 said, on October 3, 2014 at 9:04 am

FU, Baby!

18. salty said, on October 3, 2014 at 9:26 am

It’s been pointed out similarities to Philly in 2010….ie: big favorite scary offense great pitching…
    Specifically, Philly pitcher (Holladay) was coming off a no-no, as is Zimmerman – game 2/starter. We know what happened to Roy.

Feel fortunate today to be self-employed and able to clear the calendar. One client, a big Giant fan, was all too happy to oblige.

19. twinfan1 said, on October 3, 2014 at 9:42 am

Thanks for all the positive feedback. I’d been down, literally, for a couple days, had to lay on my side ( one of my meds went haywire and I couldn’t walk). Lots of time to think when the world is sideways 😉
    Tough to type, though, so it took me awhile. Merna thought I was writing love letters to my old flames..
    Anyway- love to you all and go Giants..

• Flavor said, on October 3, 2014 at 9:44 am

hang in there Twin, sideways, upside down, right side up, etc…

• Chipower9 said, on October 3, 2014 at 9:46 am

Bring it any way you can, Michael. Hoping you are better soon, my friend.

20. Irish Kevin said, on October 3, 2014 at 9:47 am

Yeah whoever in MLB made the decision this should be a day game on the West coast is a fucking moron. That is one thing the NFL does right. Fuck the East coast. games start at 5:00 PM West coast time!! I don’t mind missing a few innings cause I get off at 5:00. but missing the whole game!! Fuck you commissioner!!

21. Chipower9 said, on October 3, 2014 at 9:48 am

I usually don’t read much from the Bleacher Report, but this article does a decent job of breaking-down the games keys, and laying out past trends, etc.

Of course, none of that shit really means anything…you have to go out there on any given day and get it done. Let’s Go Giants!

22. Rooster said, on October 3, 2014 at 9:55 am

Regarding twin’s POTD –
    Love it, twin – I’ll never forget when you and I first started going back and forth on The Splash. That exchange was epic, and I was instantly hooked. Over the years since then, as RL has gotten busier, I have disappeared for stretches, but it is posts like these that keep me coming back. I really love baseball, and I really enjoy stopping in here when I can and reading posts like these from you and others here.
    My favorite uncle (my Dad’s bro) lives in Santa Cruz and is a huge Giants fan – we go back and forth, texting during the games all the time – you remind me of him.

23. blade3colorado said, on October 3, 2014 at 10:00 am

Midnight here in Ho Chi Minh . . . Hitting the sack. Bring home a win you guys. 🙂

24. snarkk said, on October 3, 2014 at 10:00 am

Peavy’s history of playoff performances is less than stellar. Hopefully he’s due for a good one. Strasbird can be had, and the Giants have got to him before. The heavy velocity pitchers don’t seem to be a huge hindrance to the squad, and he’s RH, so that’s good. Matt Williams helping out by throwing RHPs against the Giants early. And, hey, it’s hotter out here than in DC, so that’s a good omen for the Gmen…

25. Rooster said, on October 3, 2014 at 10:04 am

Tigers getting ambushed in Baltimore. They lose this game, they are done.

• Rooster said, on October 3, 2014 at 10:18 am

Wow – disregard!

26. stickman said, on October 3, 2014 at 10:09 am

WE ARE IN. Postseason, Baby. Greetings to Twin. That was a great piece of writing ~ straight from the heart.

Are those nittery Nats nervous yet? They should be. They may be a tough Nat to crack, but we have a couple Crackers on our team, ready to set the stage for another four-beer shower.

May Jake be fully connected into his most powerful A.C. current today as currently the team is playing in D.C., Urination’s Capitol dontcha know. May our defense be stout and supportive and may the Nats offense be abortive. May that Panik button result in some more base knocks and may a White Shark attack give Strasburg the jitters while Panda, Buster, the Reverend and the Brandons create more clamor than has ever been heard in the Halls of Congress.

GO GIANTS!

• WilcoJoe said, on October 3, 2014 at 10:25 am

Great post Stix! You guys are in rare form today. Hope the Giants play is as good as the writing on the Flap today!

27. unca_chuck said, on October 3, 2014 at 10:14 am

Posted this on FB, but I’ll recount it here. School childern were tasked with writing haikus. One kid came up with this:

Five syllables here
    Seven more syllables here
    Are you happy now?

Love it!

• Chipower9 said, on October 3, 2014 at 10:31 am

LMAO. That is awesome.

28. wswins said, on October 3, 2014 at 10:15 am

Twin that post of yours could have been a monologue in “Field of Dreams”…fabulous.

For you guys at work you can watch it (if you can) here…

• wswins said, on October 3, 2014 at 10:17 am

choose the wiznet stream over the others…it usually works best

29. unca_chuck said, on October 3, 2014 at 10:19 am

Hope it works . . . Firewalls and such, I’m not holding my breath.

30. snarkk said, on October 3, 2014 at 10:31 am

Whatever happens in these playoffs, I’m grateful my team is IN.
    For those of us old enough to remember, there were so many years as Giants fans when we were in the wilderness, that we wondered if we could ever just become regularly competitive, let alone get into the playoff rota fairly regularly. In those days, a gritty win over the Doghairs in mid-season was about as great a success as we could enjoy. As far as I’m concerned, these past few years are the Golden Age of being a Giants fan. You’ve got to enjoy it while it’s happening…

• Chipower9 said, on October 3, 2014 at 10:33 am

Absolutely. But I would be lying if I said I wasn’t hungry for more. I love the possible poetic flow of 2010-2012-2014…

• unca_chuck said, on October 3, 2014 at 10:50 am

Got that right. ’62 was before my time, and ’71 was a small taste of playoff action that wouldn’t return for 16 years. Barely a blip in that Godawful stretch.

• pawliekokonuts said, on October 3, 2014 at 11:25 am

so true

31. Macdog said, on October 3, 2014 at 10:32 am

O’s taking it on the Chen so far in Game 2.

• pawliekokonuts said, on October 3, 2014 at 11:26 am

good hed

32. Chipower9 said, on October 3, 2014 at 11:18 am

A good friend of mine, Mike, just sent this to me. Had to share…

October 3, 1951: Bobby Thompson’s “Shot heard ’round the World”

October 3, 2010: Giants clinch NL West on final day of regular season en route to the first SF World Series championship.

October 3, 2014: The quest for three begins.

33. pawliekokonuts said, on October 3, 2014 at 11:24 am

Twin, your 8:37 am offering is right up there with the “baseball will break your heart” poetic meditation of A. Bartlett Giamatti.

34. Chipower9 said, on October 3, 2014 at 11:58 am

Well, here we go. I am so pissed with the schedule…having to follow the game on GameDay (total piece of shit).

35. unca_chuck said, on October 3, 2014 at 12:04 pm

Yeah, NL on the DL. Might have to to to Round Table for ‘lunch’

36. dirtnrocksnomo said, on October 3, 2014 at 12:06 pm

Go Giants!

37. wswins said, on October 3, 2014 at 12:09 pm

38. dirtnrocksnomo said, on October 3, 2014 at 12:12 pm

Panik almost goes yard. Whew!

39. Chipower9 said, on October 3, 2014 at 12:25 pm

Come on Peavy…we do not want a damned elevated pitch count!

40. Chipower9 said, on October 3, 2014 at 12:27 pm

Fuck yeah! Punch him out. Now let’s score some runs!

41. salty said, on October 3, 2014 at 12:32 pm

Anyone is due to get hot it’s Pence

42. pawliekokonuts said, on October 3, 2014 at 12:32 pm

I don’t ever like being lied to. MLB.tv lied. I am blacked out. Phuckyew, MLB.

• dirtnrocksnomo said, on October 3, 2014 at 12:41 pm

Not trying to pile on but it is working for me. When did you pay in?

43. pawliekokonuts said, on October 3, 2014 at 12:42 pm

listening to KNBR radio feed; does Kruk say stankeye or snakeeye?

44. Chipower9 said, on October 3, 2014 at 12:46 pm

Peavy needs to open each AB with strike one more often.

45. Chipower9 said, on October 3, 2014 at 12:49 pm

It is going to turn into a bullpen game for us, sooner rather than later.

46. dirtnrocksnomo said, on October 3, 2014 at 12:50 pm

Yeah, Peavy is running his count up 40+ through 2. Jebus.

47. Chipower9 said, on October 3, 2014 at 12:51 pm

Well, he is at 40, but way too many pitches through 2. He needs a really quick inning or two, now.

48. Chipower9 said, on October 3, 2014 at 12:55 pm

Ishi with the lead-off hit. Let’s turn it into some runs.

49. dirtnrocksnomo said, on October 3, 2014 at 12:58 pm

Nice call blue :/ gotta bring him in Blanco

50. Chipower9 said, on October 3, 2014 at 12:59 pm

Fuck yeah! Overturned call.

51. Chipower9 said, on October 3, 2014 at 12:59 pm

Come on Tiburone Blanco!

52. dirtnrocksnomo said, on October 3, 2014 at 1:00 pm

F-ing Blanco! Come on man. You got to just get that damn bunt down. Blew it there..

53. dirtnrocksnomo said, on October 3, 2014 at 1:03 pm

Panik just keeps getting it done. Nice

54. Chipower9 said, on October 3, 2014 at 1:03 pm

Fuck Yeah! SCORE FIRST!

55. Chipower9 said, on October 3, 2014 at 1:04 pm

I thought we had 1st and 2nd, and Panik got a hit? Not seeing a run on GayDay…

• unca_chuck said, on October 3, 2014 at 1:07 pm

Yeah, passed ball, runners to 2nd and 3rd, then Panik’s single, Ishi scored, Peavy didn’t, then Buster DPed.

56. ODDBB said, on October 3, 2014 at 1:04 pm

Blanco: you sack of shit

• dirtnrocksnomo said, on October 3, 2014 at 1:08 pm

Way to clean it up for us DB!

• unca_chuck said, on October 3, 2014 at 1:17 pm

No love for Buster, old dumb bitch?

57. Chipower9 said, on October 3, 2014 at 1:06 pm

Come on Posey…fucking DP. Jeez. All we needed was a sac fly for another damned run…fuck.

• unca_chuck said, on October 3, 2014 at 1:09 pm

No shit. or a faster Posey. Dude ain’t fat. Why is he sofa king slow?

• dirtnrocksnomo said, on October 3, 2014 at 1:10 pm

His bionic leg/ankle?

• salty said, on October 3, 2014 at 1:20 pm

Pence would have been doubled on that ball.

58. unca_chuck said, on October 3, 2014 at 1:16 pm

He was sofa king slow when he came up . . .

59. Chipower9 said, on October 3, 2014 at 1:17 pm

Where in the hell has the Clown been again? He was MIA for a while, and when I inquired about him, he showed up. You lurking, John?

At this rate, I will be real happy if we get 6 out of Peavy…especially if he continues to put zeros up on the scoreboard for the nats.

60. unca_chuck said, on October 3, 2014 at 1:19 pm

The 3rd was only 15 pitches. Progress . . .

• Chipower9 said, on October 3, 2014 at 1:20 pm

Yeah, but not great when you consider 15 the top end of what you want to see your starter throw per inning.

61. Chipower9 said, on October 3, 2014 at 1:19 pm

Panda rally! Come on boys…let’s put a hurt on Strasfuck…

62. Chipower9 said, on October 3, 2014 at 1:22 pm

Come on BB9!

63. salty said, on October 3, 2014 at 1:26 pm

Fucking A!

64. WilcoJoe said, on October 3, 2014 at 1:26 pm

Belt baby. Hook ’em!

• Chipower9 said, on October 3, 2014 at 1:27 pm

Yeah, he was a Longhorn. Boomer Sooner – SAW ‘EM OFF! 😉

• Alleykat said, on October 3, 2014 at 1:29 pm

Yeah that’s right Wilco,”Hook em Horns” Belt the pride of UT!!!

65. Alleykat said, on October 3, 2014 at 1:26 pm

Atta boy Reverand way to steal a bag!
    And followed up by a Belt RBIi!!!
    Yeah baby 2- zip!!!!!

66. unca_chuck said, on October 3, 2014 at 1:27 pm

Yessssssssssss!

67. Chipower9 said, on October 3, 2014 at 1:27 pm

BB9 you DA MAN! Fuck Yeah!

68. snarkk said, on October 3, 2014 at 1:27 pm

Belt with the clutch hit. The guy is getting his stroke back…

69. Chipower9 said, on October 3, 2014 at 1:28 pm

Come on MudBug…keep the line moving.

70. Chipower9 said, on October 3, 2014 at 1:30 pm

CRAW!

71. salty said, on October 3, 2014 at 1:30 pm

Yes!. Strasbirdy ain’t foolin no one. Just one K.

72. Chipower9 said, on October 3, 2014 at 1:30 pm

Does Stras throw ANYTHING besides a fastball. Seems all he has thrown is 2 and 4 seamers…

73. Chipower9 said, on October 3, 2014 at 1:33 pm

Come on Peavy…keep it rolling brother!

74. salty said, on October 3, 2014 at 1:38 pm