Another World Series Game at AT&T Park

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on October 24, 2014

Days like these are some of the favorite of my life. I don’t know if I’ll get into the game. Likely not. But the anticipation of the train, the swell of excitement ebbing and flowing, the spontaneous chants that the train drunkards start—I love it all. It’s a 55 minute joyride. I’ve got two train stubs (2010/2012) pinned to my wall at work. After today there will be a third.

I’ve got no expectations for the day and no real plans. But I can’t wait to get up there….

As usual, if you want to follow “Big Flavor’s Day Off” you can follow on twitter up until the point that I have to turn my phone over to the officer at SF county. 🙂

@1flapdown77

1. DJLoo said, on October 24, 2014 at 8:37 pm

It’s Vogey…

2. DJLoo said, on October 24, 2014 at 8:42 pm

I’ve had it with the expression “it’s their bread and butter”.
    I think I’ve heard it 20 times tonight.
    Can’t anybody improve on it?
    Who the fuck eats bread and butter anymore?

• blade3colorado said, on October 24, 2014 at 9:07 pm

In SE Asia, it’s “sushi and sashimi.” 😉

• tedspe said, on October 24, 2014 at 9:15 pm

In Greece, it’s tomatoes, cucumbers and yogurt

• tedspe said, on October 24, 2014 at 9:25 pm

And in retrospect…hell, if it’s offered…I always eat bread and butter. Fuck, at times it’s the staff of life

3. tedspe said, on October 24, 2014 at 9:17 pm

Well a big pffft. No biggie. Lots of baseball left. Just gotta win in Kansas City after they win another here in SF

• blade3colorado said, on October 24, 2014 at 9:34 pm

I invented Pfffttt! Just so ya know Ted. 🙂

• DJLoo said, on October 24, 2014 at 9:39 pm

Nobody does it better…

• tedspe said, on October 24, 2014 at 9:41 pm

I fuckin’ know that!!!
        I merely expand your genius. If any newbie ever asked, of course I’d give you credit. But as a oneflapdown77 veteran, I feel the right to use it. Just as I allow “Knowing dude nod”. That’s mine.
        Love and miss you blade. Where you at?

• tedspe said, on October 24, 2014 at 9:43 pm

And thanks DJLoo for the Carly Simon/James Bond reference

• DJLoo said, on October 24, 2014 at 9:45 pm

You’re welcome, Ted. I do many references that go unnoticed when you’re not around.

• tedspe said, on October 24, 2014 at 9:54 pm

Well, DJLoo, you know how it is when you have to deal with Giants fans who are very loyal but have no idea that the first film Peter Bogdnonononovitch made starred Boris Karloff.
        It’s rough.

4. tedspe said, on October 24, 2014 at 9:27 pm

Well, goodnight Gentlemen (question mark)

• blade3colorado said, on October 24, 2014 at 10:52 pm

In Vietnam until the first, then in Jakarta, Indonesia.

• blade3colorado said, on October 24, 2014 at 10:55 pm

Can I trade copy rights with you? I like “knowing dude head nod” better then Pfffttt.

5. Bozo said, on October 25, 2014 at 6:35 am

A well played ballgame, wrong outcome, but the defense was outstanding for both clubs. Fire it up and get them today. Go Giants.

6. Flash-in-the-Panik said, on October 25, 2014 at 8:07 am

Well, at least Charles Johnson won’t have to pay for another charter flight back to KC.

7. Nipper said, on October 25, 2014 at 8:43 am

Oh well………perhaps a little rain today will wash away last nights outcome.

8. zumiee said, on October 25, 2014 at 11:34 am

So, Hudson waits his whole career to throw that first pitch in the World Series, and he serves up…..I don’t know what that pitch was. It was some kind of off-speed pitch that hung up in the strike-zone, in the batter’s whack-me zone.
    Have a nice winter, Hudson. See ya again in the Spring.

I’m not feeling awesome about Vogey pitching tonight. If I’m Bochy, I’m sorely tempted to go Bum tonight. Then Peavey or Vogey, I guess, in the next game, and then Petit, maybe. And then Bum in a Game 7. And sorry, no hard feelings, Vogey or Peavey, whoever gets bumped from a start.

The Maddon situation is interesting. Rarely do you see someone in sports say they’re going to another team for more money. People in sports do it all the time, but they rarely just say it out-loud like that.

9. zumiee said, on October 25, 2014 at 11:47 am

Marty Stuart and his band were terrific in concert last night. Catch them sometime if you get the chance. Very entertaining show. There were lots of us Giants fans checking the score during the show, but the Giants game ended early in Marty’s show.

10. Flavor said, on October 25, 2014 at 11:48 am