Another World Series Game at AT&T Park

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on October 24, 2014

Days like these are some of the favorite of my life. I don’t know if I’ll get into the game. Likely not. But the anticipation of the train, the swell of excitement ebbing and flowing, the spontaneous chants that the train drunkards start—I love it all. It’s a 55 minute joyride. I’ve got two train stubs (2010/2012) pinned to my wall at work. After today there will be a third.

I’ve got no expectations for the day and no real plans. But I can’t wait to get up there….

As usual, if you want to follow “Big Flavor’s Day Off” you can follow on twitter up until the point that I have to turn my phone over to the officer at SF county. 🙂

@1flapdown77

1. blade3colorado said, on October 24, 2014 at 7:47 am

Ahh . . . SF county police brings back fond memories. My friend Danny and I got busted near Broadway for disturbing the peace. My brother Mike was shit faced at this bar we were about to exit and as Danny and I went toward him, he literally melted from the wall he was propped against and went down to the floor. We picked him up, each of us on one side of him and guided him out of the bar. While walking down the street, Mike between both of us, we passed 3 guys and one of them mouthed off to Danny, about keeping the drunks off the street . . . Danny “handed” Mike to me and went up to the biggest guy and cold cocked him. I planted Mike against a wall, took off my new leather jacket and gave it to my brother, who mumbled something . . . I join Danny to even out the fight and all five of us our swapping punches. Eventually, we all end up on the ground and just as that happens, SF’s finest show up in 2 squad cars kitty corner to the street (Broadway still?) we’re on. The officers have their guns out and one of them says, “Hit the ground assholes . . .” Danny says something like, “We are on the ground.” All of us crack up . . . Fast forward to being booked at SF County, where the booking officer says, “This is the second time in the last 5 months, you have been arrested here.” WTF? I say, “No way sir . . . I haven’t ever been arrested in San Francisco.” He hands over the booking sheet and there’s a photo of my brother. LOL. My brother had used my ID when he got busted in SF five months before.

Story addendum . . . Danny and I got released on OR the next morning. We caught up with my brother 3 days later . . . I asked Mike for my leather Jacket and he said, “What leather jacket?” Ha.

OK, back to Giants baseball . . . Go Giants!

• Chipower9 said, on October 24, 2014 at 12:36 pm

Great story, Blade. Thanks for sharing…hey, can I borrow your leather jacket??? (Grin)

2. WilcoJoe said, on October 24, 2014 at 7:48 am

Sitting next to Brandon Finnegan’s uncle at the Southwest gate. Super nice guy.

• pawliekokonuts said, on October 24, 2014 at 8:10 am

he’s quite a story

• WilcoJoe said, on October 24, 2014 at 8:24 am

They are staying at the team hotel (St. Francis) and are going to games three and four but have to be back in Texas as they both are teachers so their not going to game five. If I had the balls, I would ask them if I can have their game five tickets.

3. pawliekokonuts said, on October 24, 2014 at 8:10 am

Is it always this sunny? Can’t sleep, though tired. Too excited. I’m on the same “train” as you.

4. Nipper said, on October 24, 2014 at 8:43 am

I hope Flavor passes the metal detectors.

5. dirtnrocksnomo said, on October 24, 2014 at 8:48 am

Orange Friday Boyz. Humm Baby!

6. paulinasia said, on October 24, 2014 at 8:51 am

I envy ya’ll who are there within palpable distance of China Basin, which, really, is the whole Bay Area, and beyond…FU… I have a friend here who is helping me look for a new apartment, taking me around Saigon on the back of her motobike. She made some appointments to view places tomorrow (Sat.) morning, which is… game time… We had this brief chat about it on Yahoo:

paulherethere: I want to stay in bed tomorrow morning for some time and watch my baseball team.
    amy vn lucky star: does your baseball team play everyday?
    paulherethere: No, remember, this is championship of baseball, like World Cup for football. Two teams remain, all others are done. My team is one of the two teams playing. Whichever team wins 4 games first, is the champion. Tomorrow morning (which is Friday night in California) is game #3, they both have won 1 game.
    amy vn lucky star: i see
    amy vn lucky star: what time the game will start and what time will end?
    paulherethere: It starts around 7am here, finishes around 10:30….
    amy vn lucky star: omg! i need to call her and re-schedule then…

Rescheduled. I love the “does your baseball team play everyday?” Ah, my dear, if I actually had a baseball team, you bet it would be playing everyday….. I’m a bit nervous about this one, feeling like whoever wins this game 3 will win the whole thing. Obviously statistically, this is not a *must win*, but I think it is anyway. Enjoy this day and the game, FU, as some of you meet up for the occasion, bring home a win…

• dirtnrocksnomo said, on October 24, 2014 at 8:57 am

So she’s not going to join you in bed?

For the game.

• zumiee said, on October 24, 2014 at 9:00 am

“amy vn lucky star”

That’s what is called…..a name!

• paulinasia said, on October 24, 2014 at 9:06 am

Easy, boys…. We all need our lucky stars :-p Dirt: Not yet…

• Chipower9 said, on October 24, 2014 at 12:43 pm

Teams who won game 3 have gone on to win the series like 67% of the time. Yet there are the DeadBirds who won game three last year, but lost the series. Statistically speaking…yes, a big game. Must win? Nope.

Good luck with the apartment hunting, and also with getting a bedwarmer to keep you cozy during the game. 😉

7. zumiee said, on October 24, 2014 at 9:10 am

I won’t be on the Flap again tonight; we’re going to a previously planned-for concert: Marty Stuart and the Fabulous Superlatives. I’ll catch updates on the game when I can; and watch it on DVR later. Have an awesome game tonight, Flappers, wherever you see it, and whenever you see it!

Marty and his band are great, but I would never claim that they are the most masculine-looking band of all time:

• Chipower9 said, on October 24, 2014 at 12:45 pm

Enjoy, Zume. I’m not sure. I missed the clinching game last week due to a concert (Hendrix Experience…and it kicked ass). But for a World Series game…I would probably eat the tickets and watch the game. Regardless, have an awesome time.

8. Macdog said, on October 24, 2014 at 9:13 am

Two years ago today: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQ5xfO1nYMU

• zumiee said, on October 24, 2014 at 9:17 am

It was more impressive than Reggie’s famous game. Two of Reggie’s HRs were barely over the fence in that short rightfield in Yankee Stadium.

• Macdog said, on October 24, 2014 at 9:30 am

True, but Reggie did his against the Dodgers, so major props for that.

• salty said, on October 24, 2014 at 9:28 am

Imagine Pablo’s postseason record may be his agents first card played in negotiating, with film of those 3 hr’s played, saying, “And that was when he was overweight!”

9. twinfan1 said, on October 24, 2014 at 9:31 am

Royals (Jeremy Guthrie) at Giants (Tim Hudson) 8:00 pm ET
    PECOTA odds of winning: 31% Royals, 69% Giants

• DJLoo said, on October 24, 2014 at 10:16 am

That’s surprising considering Pecota spent most of his career with the Royals.
      You’d think he’d be partial to them.

10. sfsarge said, on October 24, 2014 at 9:32 am

Anticipation is building, can’t wait to participate in my first flapaplooza! Pacing around the house like a caffeinated Chihuahua. Let’s do this thing!

• Flavor said, on October 24, 2014 at 9:54 am

think of the best thing you’ve ever been a part of. And then you find out that it’s better than that….

• Chipower9 said, on October 24, 2014 at 12:47 pm

Rub it in…I am jealous as hell that I cannot make it tonight to hang with you guys. It should be a memorable evening. Kick some ass, FU!

11. salty said, on October 24, 2014 at 9:36 am

Pretty cool getting a perspectice here from NY and SE Asia. Being at the game should be electric. I’m somewhat envious, despite my rambling objections the other day. Onset of early dementia. Hope ya’ll have a great time.
    I’ll be enjoying a late afternoon tea with Grandma to get revved up for the game. 😉

12. DJLoo said, on October 24, 2014 at 10:29 am

I understand the TV ratings for Game One were the lowest in HISTORY for a WS Game One.
    Not that any of us care, but so much for some of the nonsense talk I’ve been hearing that the Giants are becoming “America’s Team” and/or the Royals are the darlings of the baseball world.

• unca_chuck said, on October 24, 2014 at 12:06 pm

Ratings have been on a steady decline for the last 10 years. It’s not our fault.

Call it the cult of personality. If it was Jeter vs Puig, the ratings would be higher.

Not much, but higher.

13. dirtnrocksnomo said, on October 24, 2014 at 11:01 am

I saw the merc update yesterday on Lincecum but nothing else saying that he’s fit. Anyone seen anything?

14. unca_chuck said, on October 24, 2014 at 11:13 am

I heard Timmy was available to pitch tonight. The MRI showed no structural damage and he’ll get treatment today and hope is loosens up.

• DJLoo said, on October 24, 2014 at 11:16 am

It would be a shame if he was unavsailsablre…

• unca_chuck said, on October 24, 2014 at 12:04 pm

An editor is a terrible thing to waste.

• DJLoo said, on October 24, 2014 at 12:35 pm

You’re making me look bad, chuck…

• Chipower9 said, on October 24, 2014 at 12:49 pm

I heard the same…MRI was negative and that he is ready to pitch tonight…

• Chipower9 said, on October 24, 2014 at 12:50 pm

So, Zumiee can relax, as Kontos will not be getting the call to take Timmy’s roster spot…

15. TNTFour said, on October 24, 2014 at 11:28 am

1905, 1921, 1922, 1933, 1954, 2010, and 2012. Let’s go for 8!

• DJLoo said, on October 24, 2014 at 12:42 pm

I thought the 1905 team was gonna reel off a few in a row…

16. stickman said, on October 24, 2014 at 12:33 pm

Damn. Somehow there was a glitch between my machine and WordPress. Kept telling me a message written earlier was already posted. No such animule. Oh well, so long as the Gigantes win tonight it’s all good. Unusual 70 degrees and sunny here in Minn northwoods this afternoon. Just harvested beets, carrots and rutabagas. Looks like we get more typically late October weather by early next week.

Oonyhoo, was gonna (or rather did) post about the dude who’s starting for us tonight. This will be his first start in the BIG Show, even though he’s the MLB current victories leader, has won a number of awards and has played for mostly very good teams. So starting in the World Series is something extremely special. The guy may be as giddy as a girl on her first date, but once he hits the rubber he is likely to segue into totally professional mode.

Wish him well. Tim Hudson is the man on the spot tonight and i wanna see his name appear in the box score with a nice, fat “W” after his name.

• Chipower9 said, on October 24, 2014 at 12:53 pm

Yep. The Giants helped get him into his first WS game. Let’s hope he has something close to the game of his life and does his part to bring home a W. GO Huddy – GO GIANTS!

17. wswins said, on October 24, 2014 at 1:13 pm

Enjoy the FU gathering, aka Flapaplooza…and hopefully watch a game 3 victory authored by Huddy.

18. Flavor said, on October 24, 2014 at 1:26 pm

Quietest train of the 3. Either we’re supremely confident or I got on the train that hasn’t started drinking yet

19. gianthead said, on October 24, 2014 at 1:44 pm

This is the game I am most nervous about. I think we win games 4 and 5 easily. So confident that if we win tonight that we may not be going back to KC…

• chipower9 said, on October 25, 2014 at 2:00 pm

Good call, G-Head. I always felt we would win 4 an 5, too.

20. dirtnrocksnomo said, on October 24, 2014 at 1:59 pm

Blanco CF
    Panik 2B
    Posey C
    Sandoval 3B
    Pence RF
    Belt 1B
    Ishikawa LF
    Crawford SS
    Hudson RHP

Go Giants!

• zumiee said, on October 24, 2014 at 3:24 pm

It’s all about lightning in a bottle at this point. Somebody get hot for a few games.

21. Irish Kevin said, on October 24, 2014 at 2:00 pm

Let’s go Giants, Let’s go Giants, Let’s go Giants!! and the crowd goes crazy!!

22. Macdog said, on October 24, 2014 at 2:07 pm

Baggs tweet: Bochy/Righetti have discussed using Bum on short rest to start Game 4 if they lose tonight. “But right now Vogelsong will be our starter.”

23. Macdog said, on October 24, 2014 at 3:03 pm

I’ll be at a HS football game, should be back for the last few innings. Sounds like Todd Frazier will be in the house, so I hope he sees my 2012 World Series hoodie, haha.

GO GIANTS!

24. gianthead said, on October 24, 2014 at 3:09 pm

I think we can put a lot of people on base tonight and hopefully take advantage of KC’s lack of OF experience at ATT..

25. zumiee said, on October 24, 2014 at 3:23 pm

“I thought the 1905 team was gonna reel off a few in a row…”

Well, believe it or not, they ran into a great Cubs team for a few years.
    Of course, the Giants could have won the Pennant in ’08 instead of the Cubs; that was the year of Merkle’s Boner, when Merkle failed to touch secondbase in the swarm after somebody hit a walk-off hit in a crucial game.
    I say all that because I was kind of reminded of that during Ishi’s walk-off HR. I’m sure Ishi was having concerned thoughts that were somewhat Merkle’s Boner-ish when Giants were coming to him between second and third on his walk-off HR.

• unca_chuck said, on October 24, 2014 at 3:46 pm

I thought the same thing. Or that at the least he wanted to get around the bases to be credited with the HR and not a single had he been stopped or diverted from his path.

26. Flavor said, on October 24, 2014 at 3:36 pm

Hanging out with PAwlie for 5 mins and he scores an interview with the giants, check out the tweet

27. unca_chuck said, on October 24, 2014 at 3:39 pm

Per bleacher report, and Bochy himself, the Giants are “open to starting Bummie in game 4.”

Sounds like a smoke screen to me.

• DJLoo said, on October 24, 2014 at 4:10 pm

Sounds more like Bochy saw what I posted yesterday…

28. unca_chuck said, on October 24, 2014 at 3:45 pm

To make it a little more interesting, Bummie says he didn’t throw a bullpen session like he usually does between starts, to ‘keep his options open.’

• wswins said, on October 24, 2014 at 4:24 pm

Lets hope it’s a moot point…Hudson wins tonight’s game

29. Irish Kevin said, on October 24, 2014 at 4:07 pm

Sandoval 3B
    Pence RF
    Belt 1B
    Ishikawa LF
    Crawford SS

30. DJLoo said, on October 24, 2014 at 4:25 pm

It actually makes even more sense to pitch Bumgarner tomorrow if they win tonight. But he should pitch tomorrow no matter what happens tonight…

31. sfsarge said, on October 24, 2014 at 4:30 pm

So it looks like I’ll be the resident reporter from the knotholes in RF. My first World Series game, I’m pretty geeked up. Let’s do this!

• Flavor said, on October 24, 2014 at 5:26 pm

Great meeting you Sarge! Hold down knot hole fort for 3 and you’re good to go!

• sfsarge said, on October 24, 2014 at 7:12 pm

Likewise my friend. I emailed you the pics that were fit to print.

32. blade3colorado said, on October 24, 2014 at 5:11 pm

Not the start I was expecting.

33. DJLoo said, on October 24, 2014 at 5:14 pm

HP ump’s a clown…

34. blade3colorado said, on October 24, 2014 at 5:18 pm

OK, one down, but I am looking forward to seeing the Giants light up Guthrie. If you all recall, this dude was a member of the Sherpa pitching staff and he was run out of town. Yes, he was that bad.

35. DJLoo said, on October 24, 2014 at 5:32 pm

Bum. Vog, Peavy, Bum the rest of the way.
    Book it.

36. DJLoo said, on October 24, 2014 at 5:37 pm

Luckikawa!

37. James said, on October 24, 2014 at 5:56 pm

Being caught stealing is every bit as blameworthy and damaging as any other out on the base paths. Pence committed a “gaffe.”

38. sfsarge said, on October 24, 2014 at 6:06 pm

Ok FU, if you decide to come out to the park and go the knothole route. I suggest you come out early and go for the later inning wristband. I got 1st thru 3rd and we didn’t get in until the 2nd and got booted in the middle of the 3rd. Or you could pony up the $500 plus for a ticket

39. blade3colorado said, on October 24, 2014 at 6:08 pm

I can’t believe the Giants are allowing this piece of shit “zero” to continue pitching. Sigh.

40. DJLoo said, on October 24, 2014 at 6:12 pm

Sandy Amaros in reverse!

41. dirtnrocksnomo said, on October 24, 2014 at 6:16 pm

Panik has been hitting it at em. Time to drop one in. Let’s go!

42. blade3colorado said, on October 24, 2014 at 6:24 pm

Pfffttt! Our offense sucks.

43. salty said, on October 24, 2014 at 6:26 pm

Guthrie one of those pitchers who can give the Giants trouble with the off-speed crap. Two more shots before the pen takes over.

• blade3colorado said, on October 24, 2014 at 6:34 pm

It may only be one more shot Salty . . . He is due up to hit. Any indication that he is fucking up, Yost will pull him for a pitch hitter.

44. blade3colorado said, on October 24, 2014 at 6:30 pm

Guthrie has a lifetime 4.23 ERA and 6.35 ERA in his one year in the National League (Sherpas) . . . Here he is Cy Fucking Young.

“The horror, the horror!”

• James said, on October 24, 2014 at 6:41 pm

Several line drive outs in 5 innings, a caught stealing, and no walks can make any mediocre hunk of junk look ok.

45. blade3colorado said, on October 24, 2014 at 6:37 pm

8 total pitches to retire the side . . . I guess he will be back to pitch.

46. DJLoo said, on October 24, 2014 at 6:40 pm

We miss our secret weapon, Aoki.

47. blade3colorado said, on October 24, 2014 at 6:42 pm

When we come to bat, we have to make Yost PAY for leaving Guthrie in.

48. unca_chuck said, on October 24, 2014 at 6:43 pm

Fuck. We are hitting some shit hard, just right at folks. The first pitch has been the fucking deciding factor tonight.

49. unca_chuck said, on October 24, 2014 at 6:43 pm

If Guthrie giuves up one hit I’m sure he’s out.

50. unca_chuck said, on October 24, 2014 at 6:44 pm

We picked the wrong weekend to stop hitting

• blade3colorado said, on October 24, 2014 at 6:45 pm

For us? Quiting glue last week.

51. blade3colorado said, on October 24, 2014 at 6:46 pm

Game is just about over. 2-0 is big with their bullpen.

52. unca_chuck said, on October 24, 2014 at 6:47 pm

Fuck that. We better do something

53. dirtnrocksnomo said, on October 24, 2014 at 6:48 pm

2-0, 1-0. Don’t matter. Gotta score runs. Get em in the dugout Lopez

54. DJLoo said, on October 24, 2014 at 6:49 pm

Next time you see Hudson will be in Spring Training…

55. dirtnrocksnomo said, on October 24, 2014 at 6:57 pm

Fffffffffff…

56. DJLoo said, on October 24, 2014 at 6:58 pm

Wrong ump for Lopez…

57. salty said, on October 24, 2014 at 7:01 pm

In 2002, they won game 1, lost 2&3, won 4&5.

• Flavor said, on October 24, 2014 at 7:05 pm

nice recall

• DJLoo said, on October 24, 2014 at 7:08 pm

I remember Game 4 turning on a “stupid” infield hit by Lofton.
        I think the ball rolled foul, then back into fair territory…

58. blade3colorado said, on October 24, 2014 at 7:05 pm

MAKE HIM PAY MORSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

59. blade3colorado said, on October 24, 2014 at 7:08 pm

Fuck yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

60. Flavor said, on October 24, 2014 at 7:09 pm

and for those following along on twitter, I’m back home now. Couldn’t score a ticket, didn’t try to hard, and couldn’t find a decent place to hang out and watch the game. But had a blast with Pawlie and Sarge, totally bummed I didn’t hook up with WilcoJoe who ended up in Union Square. Maybe tomorrow if it’s early, but I’m an unlikely attendee in The City tomorrow…..

• blade3colorado said, on October 24, 2014 at 7:12 pm

Flav, what were the range of SRO scalper tickets?

61. DJLoo said, on October 24, 2014 at 7:14 pm

Bunt-nik?

62. DJLoo said, on October 24, 2014 at 7:21 pm

Not thrilled with Posey…

• stickman said, on October 24, 2014 at 7:23 pm

Yeah, he pretty much ain’t done shit so far this series. Even with the five day layover, he’s probably worn to a frazzle by the long season and now October.

63. stickman said, on October 24, 2014 at 7:21 pm

At least we’re in the ballgame now. So we got our second run in about the same way they got their first. Battle of the bullpens is ON. We get to find out which one owns the night.

64. DJLoo said, on October 24, 2014 at 7:34 pm

Is singing part of basic training these days?

65. DJLoo said, on October 24, 2014 at 7:47 pm

Would love to see Bum PH tonight…

66. DJLoo said, on October 24, 2014 at 8:05 pm

Affeldt is by far the greatest lefty reliever in franchise history.
    No matter what he does from here on…

• SanDawg said, on October 24, 2014 at 8:06 pm

Gary LaVelle? Nice try there by Blanco.

• DJLoo said, on October 24, 2014 at 8:18 pm

Lavelle had a longer and better career as a Giant than I realized, Dawg, although mostly with bad teams.
        I’d still give Affeldt the edge for coming up big so many times in the PS…

67. DJLoo said, on October 24, 2014 at 8:11 pm

Hold ’em here and we’ll have every shot to break their spirit in the 9th…

68. blade3colorado said, on October 24, 2014 at 8:13 pm

Whoa! Fantastic play by Panda.

• DJLoo said, on October 24, 2014 at 8:16 pm

If he wins the game in the bottom of the 9th his price goes to 6/120…

• blade3colorado said, on October 24, 2014 at 8:28 pm

Back to the qualifying offer of $15.3 million?

69. sportdude said, on October 24, 2014 at 8:14 pm

I started watching in the 2nd after work. Can’t remember one hard hit ball. Maybe Morse hard grounder double. Have we hit a line drive or deep fly yet?

• sandog said, on October 24, 2014 at 8:17 pm

Morse hit a foul ball that damn near hit Mel Ott’s retired number.

70. sportdude said, on October 24, 2014 at 8:14 pm

How about a Pence walkoff????

71. SanDawg said, on October 24, 2014 at 8:20 pm

It sucks we’re losing, but this is a pretty damn good National League ballgame.

72. Macdog said, on October 24, 2014 at 8:25 pm

Uh-oh.

73. salty said, on October 24, 2014 at 8:27 pm

They had their shot in the 6th…posey Pablo couldn’t connect. Lopez just missed on the 2-2. Good game.

74. blade3colorado said, on October 24, 2014 at 8:31 pm

Posey MIA again. Sigh.

• blade3colorado said, on October 24, 2014 at 8:34 pm

Top of the line up – Blanco, Panik, and Posey all hitting below the Mendoza line (.200, .154, and .154 respectively). Ugh.

• DJLoo said, on October 24, 2014 at 8:36 pm

Well, Blanco is sitting on it, actually…

75. DJLoo said, on October 24, 2014 at 8:32 pm

So who pitches tomorrow?

• SanDawg said, on October 24, 2014 at 8:33 pm

I’m down with your Bumgarner idea, but I think its gonna be Vogey.

• James said, on October 24, 2014 at 8:35 pm

Vogey = Livan

• SanDawg said, on October 24, 2014 at 8:36 pm

Bumgarner = Kirk Reuter??

• tedspe said, on October 24, 2014 at 9:45 pm

sebastion cabot = john cleese

or not

76. DJLoo said, on October 24, 2014 at 8:37 pm

It’s Vogey…

77. DJLoo said, on October 24, 2014 at 8:42 pm

I’ve had it with the expression “it’s their bread and butter”.
    I think I’ve heard it 20 times tonight.
    Can’t anybody improve on it?
    Who the fuck eats bread and butter anymore?

• blade3colorado said, on October 24, 2014 at 9:07 pm

In SE Asia, it’s “sushi and sashimi.” 😉

• tedspe said, on October 24, 2014 at 9:15 pm

In Greece, it’s tomatoes, cucumbers and yogurt

• tedspe said, on October 24, 2014 at 9:25 pm

And in retrospect…hell, if it’s offered…I always eat bread and butter. Fuck, at times it’s the staff of life

78. tedspe said, on October 24, 2014 at 9:17 pm

Well a big pffft. No biggie. Lots of baseball left. Just gotta win in Kansas City after they win another here in SF

• blade3colorado said, on October 24, 2014 at 9:34 pm

I invented Pfffttt! Just so ya know Ted. 🙂

• DJLoo said, on October 24, 2014 at 9:39 pm

Nobody does it better…

• tedspe said, on October 24, 2014 at 9:41 pm

I fuckin’ know that!!!
        I merely expand your genius. If any newbie ever asked, of course I’d give you credit. But as a oneflapdown77 veteran, I feel the right to use it. Just as I allow “Knowing dude nod”. That’s mine.
        Love and miss you blade. Where you at?

• tedspe said, on October 24, 2014 at 9:43 pm

And thanks DJLoo for the Carly Simon/James Bond reference

• DJLoo said, on October 24, 2014 at 9:45 pm

You’re welcome, Ted. I do many references that go unnoticed when you’re not around.

• tedspe said, on October 24, 2014 at 9:54 pm

Well, DJLoo, you know how it is when you have to deal with Giants fans who are very loyal but have no idea that the first film Peter Bogdnonononovitch made starred Boris Karloff.
        It’s rough.

79. tedspe said, on October 24, 2014 at 9:27 pm

Well, goodnight Gentlemen (question mark)

• blade3colorado said, on October 24, 2014 at 10:52 pm

In Vietnam until the first, then in Jakarta, Indonesia.

• blade3colorado said, on October 24, 2014 at 10:55 pm

Can I trade copy rights with you? I like “knowing dude head nod” better then Pfffttt.

80. Bozo said, on October 25, 2014 at 6:35 am

A well played ballgame, wrong outcome, but the defense was outstanding for both clubs. Fire it up and get them today. Go Giants.

81. Flash-in-the-Panik said, on October 25, 2014 at 8:07 am

Well, at least Charles Johnson won’t have to pay for another charter flight back to KC.

82. Nipper said, on October 25, 2014 at 8:43 am

Oh well………perhaps a little rain today will wash away last nights outcome.

83. zumiee said, on October 25, 2014 at 11:34 am

So, Hudson waits his whole career to throw that first pitch in the World Series, and he serves up…..I don’t know what that pitch was. It was some kind of off-speed pitch that hung up in the strike-zone, in the batter’s whack-me zone.
    Have a nice winter, Hudson. See ya again in the Spring.

I’m not feeling awesome about Vogey pitching tonight. If I’m Bochy, I’m sorely tempted to go Bum tonight. Then Peavey or Vogey, I guess, in the next game, and then Petit, maybe. And then Bum in a Game 7. And sorry, no hard feelings, Vogey or Peavey, whoever gets bumped from a start.

The Maddon situation is interesting. Rarely do you see someone in sports say they’re going to another team for more money. People in sports do it all the time, but they rarely just say it out-loud like that.

84. zumiee said, on October 25, 2014 at 11:47 am

Marty Stuart and his band were terrific in concert last night. Catch them sometime if you get the chance. Very entertaining show. There were lots of us Giants fans checking the score during the show, but the Giants game ended early in Marty’s show.

85. Flavor said, on October 25, 2014 at 11:48 am