Resilient. Strong. Winning.

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on October 26, 2014

The Giants are 7-0 in playoff games started by Voggy so clearly Bochy knew what he was doing. 🙂

Don’t forget that Petit’s dad, who hates to fly, got to watch his son win that game yesterday.

I’m quite positive that I’ll never forget that game. That one will stand out among the rest regardless of the outcome of this series. What did they have? 14 singles? Never have that many singles been louder.

So here we go. Critical Game 5 with Country Breakfast on the hill. I feel confident about our chances……

1. gianthead said, on October 26, 2014 at 8:32 pm

Easiest $500 I ever made. Add in $350 NFL parlay and what a good day this has been. If the Ravens had stopped the Bengals on the 4th down on the goal line. That would have been another $360:(

But I am continuing to give the team my best mojo by not commenting during the game since it began working yesterday in the 3rd!!!! So talk to you all when we are World Series Champions once again…

2. snarkk said, on October 26, 2014 at 8:33 pm

Pawlie, dude you need to go to your daughter’s ballet Tuesday night!…

• gianthead said, on October 26, 2014 at 8:43 pm

I second that

3. blade3colorado said, on October 26, 2014 at 8:33 pm

ESPN said there was a “mini-drama surrounding manager Bruce Bochy” regarding his decision not to go with Bum in game 4. Glad he didn’t alter his original plan by pitching Bum on 3 days rest. Obviously paid off this evening. Bochy is a genius.

• gianthead said, on October 26, 2014 at 8:42 pm

Totally agree Blade. We have every chance to win it in 6 and no worries about a Game 7….

4. gianthead said, on October 26, 2014 at 8:39 pm

Why we are God’s team…Juan Frickin Perez nearly jacking it out was Biblical!!!!!

5. chipower9 said, on October 26, 2014 at 8:44 pm

One more!

6. chipower9 said, on October 26, 2014 at 8:44 pm

One more!

7. James said, on October 26, 2014 at 8:47 pm

Almost every player we have dissed at one time or another this year has contributed in a significant way this post season. This is my favorite of the 3 WS teams.

• blade3colorado said, on October 26, 2014 at 8:52 pm

Good point. Top of my head, only Pence comes to mind as a player I haven’t criticized this season (although I have in other seasons). Your last statement I’ll probably agree with too if they win the Series. Resillient as hell. This team is special. No doubt about that regardless of what happens.

• gianthead said, on October 26, 2014 at 8:52 pm

Juan Perez being my favorite target and he has 3 or 4 of the most important at bats this post-season…He still sucks but does not stop the magic…

• pawliekokonuts said, on October 26, 2014 at 9:20 pm

I would have to think this crew is the most unlikely of the three WS teams. But I’m sure I said/felt that in 2010 and 2012, too. Not there yet. But getting there.

• Lurker John said, on October 26, 2014 at 10:13 pm

I was thinking the same thing after Perez cranked that 2 run double.

8. sportdude said, on October 26, 2014 at 9:08 pm

Just win Baby! So much fun to watch!!!

9. pawliekokonuts said, on October 26, 2014 at 9:09 pm

Wow. Just wow. Like, wow.

10. DJLoo said, on October 26, 2014 at 9:15 pm

Focused, Blade, focused!!!

11. pawliekokonuts said, on October 26, 2014 at 9:18 pm

So I missed the first several innings. Misconduct Tavern had a football game on and wicked loud. Too bar-ish. No-go. Meet Ballet Evelyn at The Cambridge. South Street, between 15 and 16. Reasonably quiet. Game on. I go to the bar and sheepishly ask if they’ll serve me coffee. Sure. Craw drives in run number 2. Ballet crowd wildly unwinding like doctors or nurses off-shift in the back. The rest? You saw it. I texted my 17yo back home to watch history being written. To be honest, in those later innings, whenever KC had a man on, I was really apprehensive and fearful. A game-tying homer would have crushed me. But, no. The Undertaker dispatched the dead bodies. Let’s face it: anyone who saw that game is likely to remember it for a long time, a lifetime if you’re a serious fan. But it won’t be a crowning achievement without a Crown. I like the look in the eyes of the Giants. And the doubt being sowed in the eyes of the Royals. The demons of 2002 must be cast out, exorcised. Must win on Tuesday, at all costs. Yes. Yes. Yes.

12. pawliekokonuts said, on October 26, 2014 at 9:19 pm

Loved coming back to my daughter’s place and reading all y’all’s great comments here.

13. pawliekokonuts said, on October 26, 2014 at 9:22 pm

The sound was off but CC was on. The announcers were comparing Bumgarner to Koufax, Schilling, Matthewson. Sheeesh. Imagine that.

• DJLoo said, on October 26, 2014 at 9:25 pm

Sheesh might’ve been a little better than Bum…

• pawliekokonuts said, on October 26, 2014 at 9:37 pm

astute editor, you

• DJLoo said, on October 26, 2014 at 9:43 pm

Good night, good night, everybody
        Everybody everywhere
        Good night

• pawliekokonuts said, on October 26, 2014 at 9:48 pm

I second that, Loo.

14. zumiee said, on October 26, 2014 at 9:49 pm

Awesome game, awesome Bum. Questionable decisions by Yost to pitch to Craw instead of Bum. Nice to score on the “big 3.” Beautiful the way the Giants moved runners around the bases. Nice bunt by Belt; beat that shift! Great hit by Perez.

Unbelievable shocking and sad news about Taveras. Heartbreaking. I feel so sorry for his family.

• zumiee said, on October 26, 2014 at 9:52 pm

Tough thing to have to accept, for the Cardinal fans, and all baseball fans.

15. zumiee said, on October 26, 2014 at 9:57 pm

It seems like a long time ago when Taveras hit his first HR in the majors, in May, against the Giants, in the rain. And also hit one against the Giants in the playoffs.

16. zumiee said, on October 26, 2014 at 10:10 pm

From the True Blue L.A. blog:

Panik pisses me off because he looks like
    he’s 10 years old. Fuck this team, the only thing worse is if they were the Yankees.

by Freddy V on Oct 26, 2014 | 7:56 PM up reply

they look like players I would like having on my team

by Hollywood Joe on Oct 26, 2014 | 9:06 PM up reply

I know, their winning make this a hate mixed in with jealousy thing. Wish we had guys the worked counts and showed up in October.

by lasportzphan on Oct 26, 2014 | 9:17 PM up reply

• James said, on October 26, 2014 at 10:21 pm

The Dodgers work counts a whole lot more than the Giants do. You should let lastsportzphan know he needn’t feel quite so bad, Zumie.

BTW, I saw Marty Stuart at the Paradise Lounge in SF in the early 90s. Good show, but wrote him off as yet another slick revivalist. Didn’t anticipate the whole Hardly Strictly thing.

17. pawliekokonuts said, on October 26, 2014 at 10:23 pm

I just found out about Taveras this evening. Tragic. I readily admit I don’t know the facts, but alcohol and speed as factors would not be shocking. Still tragic.

• pawliekokonuts said, on October 26, 2014 at 11:00 pm

I should clarify: Taveras and his girlfriend themselves could have been victims of someone else’s driving irresponsibly. The fact is, I do not know, so I should just hush up. As snarkk noted, if it were one of our guys, we’d be terribly upset. Condolences to fans…even more to his family, friends, teammates.

18. pawliekokonuts said, on October 26, 2014 at 10:24 pm

If Bumgarner didn’t make that errant throw against the Nationals, his postseason stats would almost certainly be even better.

19. snarkk said, on October 26, 2014 at 10:36 pm

I just was reading about this Taveras thing.
    Dang. Yeah, I know that people are killed in car wrecks practically every minute in this country. Still, this kid was alive and hitting HRs against our guys 10 days ago. I’m trying to imagine our reaction if one of our Giants kids were tragically taken like this. It just doesn’t bear such tragic imagination. Good thoughts to all the Cards fans and organization from here…

20. James said, on October 26, 2014 at 10:43 pm

I remember the photo of Taveras, with downcast eyes, tipping his cap after the Giants won the NLCS.

21. snarkk said, on October 27, 2014 at 12:02 am

As great as yesterday’s and today’s games were, it ain’t over yet.
    One game at a time. Go Giants!…

22. sfsarge said, on October 27, 2014 at 5:10 am

I had a whole lot going on yesterday, missed all the fun. Just got finished watching the game on the dvr undertaker was stone cold dealing, how about Perez? Now that was a clinic, very impressive win.