And it Comes to This……

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on October 29, 2014

Well, whoever wins tonight can say they genuinely earned it. Nobody plays 6 weeks of spring training, 6 months of baseball plus nearly a month of playoff ball to find out they “lucked” into the crown.

This will be the 38th Game 7 in World Series history (I counted that myself so it could be off by one or two). It’s the second Game 7 since 2002 and I have blocked out that game from my memory bank.

Truly, I’m not really sweatin’ this game. I think we will win. You know who also isn’t sweatin’ it? These guys…..

theseguys

Lost in all the drama approaching tonight is this sad fact: no matter what, this is the final baseball game of the year and that bums me out a little bit. Here’s to a great season FU—-whatever happens, happens.

Four years ago, nearly to the day, twin posted this:

twinpost

and even with one win still yet unsecured I feel the same way about the guys on this team. I’ll never forget this team….

1. stickman said, on October 29, 2014 at 8:45 pm

Guess who II: Graces the covers of most pre-season Baseball magazines such as Street & Smith (if they’re still around) come February or so. Who signs a blockbuster free agency deal over the next several weeks; Who gets a huuuuge new contract (with the old one being torn up) by a grateful organization: Which baseball wife may get a whole new herd of prime breeding heifers?

• Alleykat said, on October 29, 2014 at 8:55 pm

Love that Stix!!
      Especially “Undertakers” wife getting a whole herd of Heifers πŸ‚πŸ‚πŸ‚πŸ‚πŸ‚πŸ‚πŸ‚

2. Lurker John said, on October 29, 2014 at 8:46 pm

And because he pitched the last 5 innings of the game, Bum gets the win. 3-0 in the 2014 World Series.

3. pawliekokonuts said, on October 29, 2014 at 8:48 pm

All three are different, but this was the hardest.

4. wilcojoe said, on October 29, 2014 at 8:50 pm

This Royals club has a bright future ahead of them. Class act all the way. Wish them the best in the years ahead.

5. Flavor said, on October 29, 2014 at 8:51 pm

new thread!

6. stickman said, on October 29, 2014 at 8:52 pm

Napoleon met his Waterloo.
    The Royals met up with the Undertaker.

7. Lurker John said, on October 29, 2014 at 8:59 pm

They won it like only they can, pure torture. I wouldn’t have it any other way. Go Giants.

• pawliekokonuts said, on October 29, 2014 at 9:07 pm

well said……the other WSeseses were not torture like this but maybe that makes this sweeter; who knows? too numb

8. snarkk said, on October 29, 2014 at 8:59 pm

Congrats to the Giants, Bum and all Flappers all over the World. What a ride !!

9. pawliekokonuts said, on October 29, 2014 at 9:06 pm

So much for history not being on our side. But seriously, down to the very last pitch, that game, and the Series, could’ve gone either way. KC must be very disappointed, but deservedly proud.