No Headley/Go Niners

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on December 7, 2014

Football all day today, but I did have a quick SF Giants thought: I was happy to hear that the Giants are not in on Headley “at the 65 million dollar level.” If we signed Headley it would remind me of the Edgardo Alfonso signing back in ’03–with significantly more dough tied into it.

Niners/Raiders today. Winner will celebrate not being a piece of shit.

1. snarkk said, on December 7, 2014 at 11:57 am

Giants nearly won a WS in 2002 with David Bell at third, his only year with the Giants.
    His line at age 29 was .261/.333/.429/.762 with 20 dingers and 73 RBIs. I’d take that all day long at 3rd, but if you upgrade LF and get another decent starter, that level of production at 3rd isn’t required to make it at least into WC contention, IMO. BTW, Panda’s line this past season at age 28?
    .279/.324/.415/.739 with 16 dingers and 73 RBIs. Would you pay David Bell $100M over 5 years?
    Last season Headley at age 30 was at .250/.347/.400/.747 with 13 dingers and 50 RBIs. His numbers definitely have been falling the last 4 seasons. He does, though, seem to have some durability, at 141, 161, 113, and 161 games played the last 4 years…

2. James said, on December 7, 2014 at 11:57 am

Funny, we’d probably be thrilled with Alfonzo’s 2004 SF season out of 3rd base next season, and not too disappointed with his 2003.

3. snarkk said, on December 7, 2014 at 12:08 pm

BTW, if the Raiduhs win, they will be 2-11. Does that qualify them not being a POS? I would argue the Raiduhs winning means they are not only still a POS, but a dumb POS for putting themselves in jeopardy of not getting the #1 pick. That’s the Mariota pick, which should be traded out to somebody for a handful of picks the Raiduhs can use to load up the roster. The Dubs obviously lost on purpose a coupla years ago to keep their pick that ended up being Harrison Barnes, a big contributor now. There’s no reason for the Raiduh’s to win another game this season. Everybody but the janitor in that building is going to get fired when this tire fire of a season is done…

4. snarkk said, on December 7, 2014 at 12:29 pm

TCU and Baylor, each with one loss in the Big 12, got hosed in this college playoff deal, with Ohio State getting into the playoff having one loss in a crap Big 10 league. History and TV attraction wins out over the reality of who is a better team. And, Florida State gets in because it has 0 losses, but plays in a crap league. In the Pac 12, Florida State and Ohio State probably have 2 losses or more in league play. A 4 team playoff is way better than picking two to playoff via a computer, but as expected the teams left out have reason to be PO’d and feeling jobbed. They should immediately go to an 8-team playoff next season. The 5-8 ranked teams were Baylor, TCU, Miss. State and Mich. State. The first two of those are worthy of being somewhere in the top 4, and the last two certainly could be in the mix to knock off anybody in the top four on a good day. To have an 8 team playoff, you’ve got to limit teams to 12 games before the Bowl season, else that’s too much — the champ game would be the 15th game in one season for these kids. Too much. As it is, Ohio State is 12-1, so if they win out, they’ll have played 15 games, albeit with a decent break in December before the bowls. If a kid plays 3 years of college ball, he’s played about 35 games, plus all that practice time, plus high school ball. That’s a lot of concussion opportunity time…

5. twinfan1 said, on December 7, 2014 at 12:37 pm

This has probably been covered already but congratulations to Ishi for his Gibby award for postseason walk off -there were 4 nominees- it was an easy choice. Here’s a video of the award winners. On the left is the link for the postseason walk-off including an interview with Travis.

6. Nipper said, on December 7, 2014 at 12:38 pm

Niners barely beat the Raiders. Both teams are inept. I bet the Niners win it with picks off the Raiders QB.

7. Alleykat said, on December 7, 2014 at 12:38 pm

Lol Snarkk,
    The Raiders will fuck up the #1 pick anyway they go. They take Mariota when Carr should be their future, are they trade out, with needed extra picks “Everywhere” and as usual will fuck up those picks as well.Of course their best move for this franchise is for Bucky Larson ( Mark Retard Davis) to sell the team.

8. snarkk said, on December 7, 2014 at 12:54 pm

Baggs done at CSNBayArea…

• Alleykat said, on December 7, 2014 at 1:22 pm

To bad about Baggs.
      Think that Romo/Dunston flair up he reported on left a bad taste in his mouth, and being banned from the clubhouse I believe? didn’t help.

• Flavor said, on December 7, 2014 at 5:18 pm

yeah, I thought the same thing. Baggs has credibility, he won $$$ in the Jeopardy thing (not sure how much, didn’t follow it). Maybe he’s just tired of interviewing guys in shitty moods with their junk swinging to and fro.

• pawliekokonuts said, on December 7, 2014 at 2:30 pm

He’s writing a book.

• Macdog said, on December 7, 2014 at 3:56 pm

You have competition!

• pawliekokonuts said, on December 7, 2014 at 5:44 pm

Yeah, I almost went on Twitter to challenge Baggs to see who finishes first his book first . . . .but naw. Besides, two completely different kinds of books. I do like his writing, as do most of us here.

9. Flavor said, on December 7, 2014 at 3:36 pm

The niners are a joke. I’d take Carr in a nano second over Kaep

10. Flavor said, on December 7, 2014 at 5:17 pm

I think we now know which team is the piece of shit.

• zumiee said, on December 7, 2014 at 5:21 pm

You know a game is bad when I’d rather do yard work.

• DJLoo said, on December 7, 2014 at 5:22 pm

In the meantime, your old pal Alex and my Chiefs got royally screwed by the most fucked up replay reversal ever…season over.

• twinfan1 said, on December 7, 2014 at 7:47 pm

Not quite over but they’ll need to win out to have a shot. They have Oakland at home, Steelers in Pgh., San Diego at home. Tough.

• DJLoo said, on December 7, 2014 at 8:03 pm

Yeah, not impossible. You know I’m a doomer from way back. I wouldn’t know if Smith can throw a deep ball cause KC doesn’t have anyone who can get downfield for him to attempt it. I think Beckham went to NY one or two picks before them in the draft. They had their sights on him – could’ve made a huge difference.

• gianthead said, on December 7, 2014 at 9:11 pm

I had Kelce in my fantasy playoff and that was a ridiculous replay call. Of course I also had the Cardinals defense:)

One fantasy playoff win and win loss…

11. zumiee said, on December 7, 2014 at 5:22 pm

Now, the Chargers and Patriots. Two real offenses.

12. zumiee said, on December 7, 2014 at 5:26 pm

I don’t like the Patriots, and I hope the officials crack down on Gronkowski’s pushing off, which he does a lot of. He runs right at his defender and then shoves off to get open. It’s against the rules, but the refs let him get away with it. He’s as bad about that as Michael Irvin used to be. But the NFL does the NBA thing sometimes: the officials allow the stars to get away with more.

• Flavor said, on December 7, 2014 at 6:53 pm

totally agree. Why isn’t that ever a penalty?

13. James said, on December 7, 2014 at 6:00 pm

I’ll bet Kaep’s birth mother knew Alex was better all along.

• Flavor said, on December 7, 2014 at 6:53 pm

I wonder if she’s still tweeting her dumb ass off to get him to come meet her?

• James said, on December 7, 2014 at 6:55 pm