Two Flap Up Holiday Salute to Denniszud

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on December 24, 2014

I left the house early this morning to hit the gym—it was dark and cold. Heavy fog. I was like a *ghost into the fog*. Thank you, Counting Crows. Anyway, KNBR was re-playing the wild card game in Pittsburgh. The atrocious weather said it was not a good day for a baseball game. But it took all of one batter for me to get right back into it. Crawford had already hit his grand slam and Krukow was talking about Bumgarner “gaining confidence.” It was an odd thing to hear him say knowing the greatness that would unfold later.

KNBR is re-playing the entire post season starting now and running till the end of Christmas day. You out-of-towners should check to see if they’re also streaming it online. I’m going to have it on in the background whenever possible. I hadn’t realized how much I didn’t remember about that wild card game. I mean, I remember the Craw grand slam and….that’s about it. If pressed, I could recall Bum pitched the game, but I remember very few details. For instance, on my way back from the gym it was the 8th inning. The Giants were up 8-0. I was surprised to hear two straight runners got on because of back2back errors by Craw and Arias. No matter to Bumgarner who promptly struck out Jody Mercer and got MVP McCutchen to ground out meekly to shortstop.

I’m looking forward to hearing the rest of the post season games called by the home town broadcast team who always disappears come playoff time getting replaced by Joe Buck and Troy Aikman or whoever the fuck his broadcast partner is now. 🙂

It’s Christmas Eve and I am appreciating two things: 1) what I have and 2) memories of my life. Last night, one of our Flap friends *Denniszud* revealed some personal information that made me feel some of the pain he must be going through, especially at this time of year. Dennis, hang in there. Two flap up salute to you and Flap Nation has your back. I hope you know that.

Merry Christmas everyone….from the Flap Photo Bucket: denniszud in his best 1-flap down pose. lqtm

dz

1. wilcojoe said, on December 24, 2014 at 8:43 am

Our thoughts are with you Denniszud! I still remember my Grandmother telling me stories after my Grandfather passed about how she would dream of falling asleep and then being awakened by a tap on her shoulder. That is what he would do after every Giants night game, which they would sit and listen to on his transistor radio. Each one sitting in their own chair. Grandma never paid any attention to the games, but would usually sit and knit and eventually dose off. Grandpa would tap her on the shoulder when the game ended, and off to bed they went…Years after his death, when she would fall asleep in her chair, she would nod off and later awaken, swearing that she felt his tap…Your post reminded me of that. Merry Christmas!

• chipower9 said, on December 25, 2014 at 8:31 am

Great story, Wilco. Love it..thanks for sharing.

2. wilcojoe said, on December 24, 2014 at 8:48 am

Thanks for the heads up Craig. Iheartradio is indeed playing the games on their KNBR feed.

• Flavor said, on December 24, 2014 at 8:52 am

sweet. Enjoy. And that’s an amazing story about your g-ma. Gave me chills.

3. pawliekokonuts said, on December 24, 2014 at 8:52 am

Per wilcojoe’s lovely vignette, a Christmastime tap on the shoulder to all here, actively or passively, directly or indirectly.

4. Irish Kevin said, on December 24, 2014 at 8:57 am

I am at work, probably going to gain 25 lbs over the next two weeks. Candy, food, drinks, but it will be with family and friends!! Merry Christmas everyone. I will tell you all the same thing I tell my Son and Daughter when they goes out at night…Have fun and be safe.

5. Irish Kevin said, on December 24, 2014 at 10:03 am

Happy Birthday Gregor Blanco

• Flavor said, on December 24, 2014 at 10:16 am

speaking of the Flap Photo Bucket, there’s a rad pic of Chuck and Blanco with Chuck wearing White Shark’s ring. Check it out if you haven’t seen it

• Irish Kevin said, on December 24, 2014 at 10:54 am

ha ha, that was cool.

6. stickman said, on December 24, 2014 at 10:28 am

Three in Five. Man alive! Heh, heh, heh.

7. dirtnrocksnomo said, on December 24, 2014 at 11:20 am

We’re going German this year for Christmas eve with schnitzel and spetzle for dinner. Happy holidays fellas.

• chipower9 said, on December 25, 2014 at 8:35 am

There is a restaurant in Camino (Hiway 50 – going to Tahoe) called the Forrester. It has excellent spetzle. Merry Christmas Micah to you and yours!

8. Bozo said, on December 24, 2014 at 11:33 am

With a Cuba Libre in hand, I just wanted to send best wishes to all you Flappers!
    And, denniszud, so sorry for your loss, please take care.

9. pawliekokonuts said, on December 24, 2014 at 11:38 am

I just got a package from Tedspe. Holy shit! I got chills opening it. Seven or eight Chronicles celebrating our WS and leading to it. To me, these are priceless. Maybe y’all take those newspaper issues for granted. I do not. Some day, when older and grayer, I will bathe myself in the aura of wonder of these events. Ted, a very public hug and thanks. You gotta love the Flap.

• chipower9 said, on December 25, 2014 at 8:36 am

What a great gift. I always gather and collect newspapers like these, and some of them were hard to come by, even out here in California. What a great gift. You da man, Ted! Merry Christmas, Pawlie.

10. pawliekokonuts said, on December 24, 2014 at 11:40 am

So, I deduce that Dennis is posing at the close of the 2012 season? I like that the HOF puts those standings up there.

11. pawliekokonuts said, on December 24, 2014 at 11:50 am

OK. I have comfortably settled into the conclusion that 2010 was the most emotional WS, after The Long Exile. 2012 was the Anti-Elimination Epic. And 2014 was the most Fantastic Season Finale, the “weakest” team exceeding wildest expectations. It’s like having three kids and loving each differently.

• chipower9 said, on December 25, 2014 at 8:37 am

Great analogy.

12. zumiee said, on December 24, 2014 at 11:51 am

Best wishes to all Flappers everywhere; Dennis, thinking of you in particular. As others said, anytime you want to chat, there’s usually at least one of us on the Flap at any given time.
    —-
    I’ve been reading the 3rd book in Ken Follett’s trilogy of historical novels about the 20th century. It’s amazing what we’ve all seen over the years. And in some way, baseball has helped connect it all together, too. The SF Giants story itself is an amazing story arc. The trials, tribulations, and disappointments of so many years, all eventually leading to wonderful joy of championships arriving like some kind of amazing finale at a fireworks show, where the wonders keep topping each other.
    We chose our team well when we chose to be Giants fans. We don’t know what the future holds for the Giants, but we know it will be an amazing, interesting ride.

13. Irish Kevin said, on December 24, 2014 at 12:21 pm

Comcast SportsNet Bay Area

23 hrs · .

Attention San Francisco Giants fans! We’re re-airing World Series Game 1 tomorrow at 7pm. Set your DVRs and relive the magic!

14. zumiee said, on December 24, 2014 at 12:22 pm

A few years ago, a somewhat surprising album was released: Aimee Mann made a Christmas album! Well, who’da thunk it? 🙂
    It’s very nice. Here’s one of the tracks:

15. zumiee said, on December 24, 2014 at 1:57 pm

Pretty interesting article on baserunning. It references McRae, Puig, Rose, and others.

• zumiee said, on December 24, 2014 at 2:09 pm

Some of the metrics in the article are suspect, like it rates McGehee a bad baserunner because of the amount of doubleplays. But I don’t think most baseball fans consider hitting into doubleplays as meaning a person is a bad baserunner. It just means they’re a slow runner.
      Pete Rose got thrown out at the plate 11 times (!) in 1977. But isn’t a lot of that on the third base coach for sending him?
      Harold Reynolds doesn’t come off well in the article, either:
      “And honorable mention for worst baserunner: Harold Reynolds, a player from the Mariners of my youth. Reynolds was pretty fast. He led the American League in 1987 with 60 stolen bases — but he was caught stealing 20 times. He made 13 outs on the bases, including seven at home plate. He was also picked off 10 times, seven of which weren’t included in the caught stealing total. Reynolds led the league in steals but his overall baserunning value was minus-3 runs.
      He was even worse the next season, when he was just 35-for-64 stealing bases, made seven outs on the bases (four at home) and got picked off seven times. His baserunning value was minus-7 runs.”

• Flavor said, on December 24, 2014 at 3:49 pm

back in the day, all those guys got caught a shitload of times. In ’82 Richey stole 132 bases….and got thrown out 42 times.

16. Flavor said, on December 24, 2014 at 3:50 pm

Hunter Pence had 10 triples last year. I had no idea it was that many.

17. Flavor said, on December 24, 2014 at 3:52 pm

Angel Pagan is not known for the huge bounty the selling team gets in return for him. He was traded twice and the 4 players that went the other way were Corey Coles, Ryan Meyers, Ramon Ramirez (done) and Andres Torres (also done).

18. Flavor said, on December 24, 2014 at 4:16 pm

Earlier today went to the store for some last minute supplies before battening down the hatches for tomorrow and caught the 9th inning of the 18 inning game. Jon Miller gave such a brilliant call of Sandoval’s double that tied the game (with Posey getting nailed by a whisker at the plate). Gave me chills.

• chipower9 said, on December 25, 2014 at 8:40 am

Ha. I was out and about yesterday at the same time, and caught that same segment. Last inning I caught was I believe the 12th before getting home for the day. Merry Christmas Big Flavor. Blessings to you and yours…and thank you again for providing us with The Flap.

19. Flavor said, on December 24, 2014 at 5:18 pm

a tweet from Anthony Davis today that’s still on his twitter page. Man, so glad the Giants don’t have to deal with this type of dysfunction
    Bam DavisVerified account
    ‏@AnthonyDavis76
    Greg Roman to me when I was 21: “You know we can get someone off the street to do what you do.” #LifeComesAtYouFast

20. zumiee said, on December 24, 2014 at 5:50 pm

This tweet from Pedro Guerrero is pretty funny:

@PedroGuerreroLA: Felice navidad to all. To my family to your family to the dodger family. Exccept to the giants. coal for the fucking giants.

• chipower9 said, on December 25, 2014 at 8:41 am

Line up all those lumps of coal…right next to those THREE WORLD SERIES TROPHIES! BOO YAH…take that bitches!

21. paulinasia said, on December 24, 2014 at 7:21 pm

I wish the warmest and most festive of holiday times to all Flappers everywhere in Flap Universe. Christmas morning in Saigon now, a balmy and tropical 82 degrees. Last night, went out with a special friend for a nice dinner and then listening to Latin music at Carmen, my favorite Saigon bar, of course many Christmassy songs, excellent musicians. A year ago, in my self-imposed one-year-plus exile from Vietnam, I spent Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve completely alone on a backwater university campus in the north of China, cold as frozen shit and no one to speak English to within miles. And, no basking, last year. This year…. the basking continues en force, and I feel more “home” again being back here. Just Skyped a quick hello and merry Christmas to my 98-year-old Dad and almost-as-old Mom; they’d been dozing in their recliners while sipping some good scotch and watching a Christmas special on TV when I called. Thankful for so much this year. Dennis, my heart goes out to you during this time. The holidays can be difficult sometimes, we’ve all been there…. here’s hoping this year is something special, in some small way, for everyone……

• Flavor said, on December 24, 2014 at 7:33 pm

to good of a post to make POTD so I’ll just leave it alone. Merry Christmas to you, Paul

• paulinasia said, on December 24, 2014 at 7:40 pm

Thanks, Craig, and to you and yours.

• dirtnrocksnomo said, on December 24, 2014 at 8:33 pm

Cheers, paulinasia. Merry Christmas…

• paulinasia said, on December 24, 2014 at 9:05 pm

Thanks, Dirt, you too. G’nite, John-Boy. G’nite, Mary Ellen. G’nite and g’day wherever you are….

• chipower9 said, on December 25, 2014 at 8:42 am

Merry Christmas, Paul. Blessings to you and yours and wishing you a healthy and happy 2015.

22. ewisco said, on December 24, 2014 at 9:33 pm

happy holidays knuckleheads.

23. sportdude said, on December 24, 2014 at 11:07 pm

Merry Xmas Flappers. It is with great Joy that we end 2014. 3 in 5. @ Dennis. My heart goes out to you. In 2003 my mom died mid September. My brother is a huge A;’s fan They chunked against the Red Sox after being up 2-0 in 5 gamer. Next day Giants lost to Marlins when JT took seemed like hours to get home on a 2 out single. Baseball gave us something to root for and keep our spirits up. It was harder when it was over. I’m glad you have this site to go to…

24. willedav said, on December 25, 2014 at 7:03 am

Thinking about this now that Christmas rush, which can be difficult when you are in retail sales, is finally over and I can take a deep breath and a full day off.
    Lost in all the post season basking stuff is contribution of Posey to regular season. He only drove in 2 runs vs. KC and 3 vs. STL, with 0 HRs and isn’t mentioned along side bum Ishi Pence to the Fence, Sando, Craw salami, Belt bomb in the 18th, et al.

But no question he was offensive leader 2014 even though 22 HRs/89 rbis seems pedestrian.
    OPS of .854, with Morse second, Belt at 100 points less and Pence 75 less.
    OPS + of 143–Morse at 130 Pence at 121 Sandoval 111.
    .490 slugging, Belt at .450 Pence at .445
    B-R has him as 5.2 WAR player, Sandoval Craw Pence no higher than 3.6 for position players

Second half stats–.354 avg .978 OPS. August he hit .336 with .971 OPS Sept .393 with 1.048 OPS
    RISP for season of .346 and .941 OPS on the road with .524 slugging.

After the way he finished 2013 I think he deserves major props for how he got himself into better shape and stayed strong enough to finish the way he did when it counted. He wound up playing 147 games and had 600 ABs and he remains their offensive rock in middle of order and Cs everyone all the way through post season.

• zumiee said, on December 25, 2014 at 7:53 am

And catches a nice game, too.
      We were watching the replay of Game 1 vs. KC last night on Comcast; Bum pitching brilliantly, and I don’t remember a single time he shook off Posey. They were locked-in together. They kept to the gameplan that Bum would use so well throughout the Series: use KC’s aggressiveness against themselves. Lots of high fastballs to certain hitters.
      I’d forgotten Bum had that one perilous inning: runners on second and third, no out, in the third inning. He then proceeds to strike out the side, I think.
      Strickland pitched a strong ninth inning. He mowed down the middle of the KC batting order. If he could get consistent, he could really be something.

• eddacker said, on December 25, 2014 at 9:11 am

and though he looked, after that inning, like he did not have it he came back the rest of the game AND the rest of the series. BRILLIANT

• chipower9 said, on December 25, 2014 at 8:44 am

Awesome stuff. And he caught all 18 innings of that marathon with the Natty Nats. STUD.

25. zumiee said, on December 25, 2014 at 8:00 am

Cute essay; the author compares baseball projection methods, like PECOTA, to ancient Mesopotamians trying to predict the future by reading animal entrails.

26. zumiee said, on December 25, 2014 at 8:25 am

Speaking of projections, Nate Silver believes there’s a good chance the Warriors will win a championship sometime in the next five years:

• zumiee said, on December 25, 2014 at 8:28 am

Funny opening paragraph:
      “I can see Madison Square Garden from my Manhattan apartment. This year, the arena installed LED lights along the exterior columns of the building — blue, red and white for New York Rangers games; orange and blue for New York Knicks games. They outshine everything else along a drab stretch of Eighth Avenue. When the Knicks colors shine, I’m reminded that there’s a dreadful basketball team playing a few blocks from me.”

27. chipower9 said, on December 25, 2014 at 8:46 am

Happy Holidaze to all of you out there in Flap Universe. Dennis, you are in my thoughts, brother. Wishing you peace and comfort. You know you have a ton of brothers here who, as Flavor said, will always have your back.

Blessings to you all and wishing you the best of health and happiness in 2015!

Humm Baby Let’s Do It Again!

28. Macdog said, on December 25, 2014 at 8:51 am

Merry Christmas to all

And to all 3 in 5.

29. Alleykat said, on December 25, 2014 at 10:49 am

Merry Christmas to all the Flappers!!
    Have a wonderful holiday season with family&friends!!
    And a final Toast out to our #1 team in baseball.. Your San Francisco Giants World Series Champions 2010..2012..2014!!!
    3 in 5 keeping it alive.What an extra special Christmas season it makes to keep basking thru the New Year 🎭🎉and beyond!!

30. SanDawg said, on December 25, 2014 at 2:58 pm

Merry Christmas Fellas! (Or Season’s Greetings as the case may be!) My kids are coming over at 3:30 and I can’t wait. My sister was in town the other day and gave me some shit for not having much holiday cheer going on around my house, so I scrambled like Jeff Garcia and must say I have thrown together a decent scene here at Casa SanDawg. They were giving away trees at the mall 2 days ago, so I grabbed one and trimmed it yesterday. It had been been a few years since I have had a tree and I forgot how many ornaments I have that give a timeline of the years gone by. Several made by the kids at school that have their pictures from elementary school in the center, A couple others from family get-togethers, a couple of old High School Musical ornaments (Gabrielle is still hot) and even a few from former students over the years. The menu today is baby back ribs, ranchero beans, and brussell sprouts–actually using a recipe from Paul Stanley from KISS if you can believe that. I’m fighting a cold and have found that a stiff bourbon helps to keep the symptoms at bay.
    Love the line “and to all 3 in 5.”
    I hope you all have a “3 in 5” holiday season and thanks for all of your friendships. It is really an awesome thing that we have going with this team and this blog.

31. Flavor said, on December 25, 2014 at 2:58 pm

Merry Christmas, dudes. Life is short. Lots to be thankful for, especially the last 5 years. And I’m not just talking WS’s. Just lots of good shit. I appreciate all the good shit in my life. lqtm….

• SanDawg said, on December 25, 2014 at 3:02 pm

How weird/awesome is that that we both posted at exactly 2:58 after 4 hours of no posts on here?
      Merry Christmas my man!

• Flavor said, on December 25, 2014 at 3:06 pm

it’s actually been done before by us, bro. And I always trip out on it. Crazy.

32. snarkk said, on December 25, 2014 at 3:00 pm

Just heard the replay of the Juan Perez triple off top of the wall in WS game 5 to ice the game. So many crazy good memories from this past playoff season. Game 7 re-broadcast now starting…
    Merry Christmas to all, from the Bay Area to Vietnam to NYC and all points in between…

33. Flavor said, on December 25, 2014 at 3:03 pm

I used to love Twin’s posts about food on holidays. So I’ll get it started and if anyone’s around, add….
    Had a quiet Christmas with my daughter today, but she cleaned up. After that she went to her grandparents and now they’re off to Sun Valley for a week. Big Flavor doesn’t do snow unless it’s piling up outside of a casino.
    So here I sit, by myself, watching Wade take the upper hand on LeBron (so far). Dinner is going to be pan fried sea bass and garlic mash. And then more basketball. I’m assuming most of you can beat that.
    Again, Merry Christmas to anyone reading this.

• snarkk said, on December 25, 2014 at 3:10 pm

Frohe Weihnachten, Alle.
      I will start with A Makers dirty Xmas Manhattan:
      1/2 tsp of chilled dark cherry concentrate, 1/2 jigger chilled Punt e Mes, one jigger of Makers, 6 drops Angostura bitters, 1 ice cube for 30 seconds, then out. Stir. Enjoy.

Mrs. snarkk will have a Lillet martini.
      1/2 jigger of blond Lillet, 1 jigger of Absolut Mandarin, a fresh strip of orange zest. Chilled. Enjoy.

Snarkettes will have a Martinelli’s cocktail.

Following, we’re doing spiral cut ham, french onion soup, spaetzle, German-style rotkohl (braised red cabbage with apple chunks, orange juice, a bit of brown sugar and caraway seeds), fresh cut buttered blue-lake green beans flash cooked in boiling, salted water with ham fat, washed down with a 2011 la Marea Grenache (Spur Ranch vineyard, San Benito county). Apple pie will follow…

• Flavor said, on December 25, 2014 at 3:32 pm

Jesus. Can I come over, lol? I think Dirt went the German route, too

• snarkk said, on December 25, 2014 at 3:40 pm

Love to have you! Bring the damn bat… 😉

34. snarkk said, on December 25, 2014 at 3:13 pm

Santa brought me some Giants-oriented gifts. If I can figure it out, I’ll post a photo. If not, I’ll send to BF…

• Flavor said, on December 25, 2014 at 3:31 pm

• snarkk said, on December 25, 2014 at 4:06 pm

Just uploaded two jpegs onto your library. Use or lose, up to you.

Santa brought a Buster Backpack, and a Frosty the (SF Giants multi-color lighted) Snowman.

Now, that’s a Giants Christmas…

35. snarkk said, on December 25, 2014 at 3:53 pm

BTW, Panik and Craw just made a helluva double play in game 7…

36. snarkk said, on December 25, 2014 at 4:12 pm

Morse just singled to right, knocking in Panda to take the lead 3-2 in game 7, top of the 4th. That, after Panda incredibly took 3rd on a tag up from 2nd on Belt’s fly to deep left. Awesome. Can they hold this lead?…

37. zumiee said, on December 25, 2014 at 6:35 pm

The confusingly named “30 for 30” documentary series on ESPN has produced some interesting films. The one on Marcus Dupree was on this week. It’s very good, and takes the viewer on quite a journey deep into the darkness of college football of the early 1980s.

The opposite of darkness was the replay of the Giants’ 2014 championship parade, on Comcast today. Let the basking continue…… 🙂

• SanDawg said, on December 25, 2014 at 7:26 pm

I love those 30 for 30’s and that Marcus Dupree one is my favorite. I’ve watched it at least 5 times.

38. paulinasia said, on December 25, 2014 at 10:36 pm

I watched that excellent 6-minute video again from a couple threads ago, and after it finished, it showed (as YouTube always does) others you can watch. I saw one called Dynasty Cemented, some 23 minutes, wasn’t sure I was up for another video for that long, but…. another great viewing, just for the 2014 post-season. Loved the comment in game 5 I think from Reynolds, after Bum struck out another KC hitter on something nasty: “That’s not even fair”…. hah. And, I could watch another million times the little so perfectly choreographed celebration of Bum and Buster as Pablo caught the last out. Just… well…. it’s all been said.

39. Bozo said, on December 26, 2014 at 9:44 am

Craw wrote this on his Brandon and Brandon blog a couple of weeks ago. So I imagine everyone has already read it, I thought what he had to say about Bum and the Panic double play were pretty cool. So thought I’d post the link in case someone else missed it. http://brandon.mlblogs.com/2014/12/10/as-i-was-saying/

Happy Boxing Day.

40. pawliekokonuts said, on December 26, 2014 at 1:19 pm

The Nats signed Dan Uggla, he of four utterly ugly miserable games with the Gaints, to a minor-league deal. The Braves owe Uggla $13 mil for 2015. I tell ya, if Uggla plays here in Syracuse I should hold up a poster declaring: GIVE BACK THAT RING!

Happy St. Stephen Day. Song by the Dead.

41. pawliekokonuts said, on December 26, 2014 at 1:22 pm

The only bit of WS swag I got was from my younger daughter: CHAMPIONS TOGETHER, the handsome coffee table book. Nicely done! Intro material by Bruce Bochy and Jeremy Affeldt; closing essay by Roger Angell. Have not read any of those, but I will. “It’s a wonderful life.”

42. wilcojoe said, on December 26, 2014 at 1:49 pm

Santa brought me a replica Hunter Pence home jersey with the 2014 World Series patch on the sleeve. Never been a big jersey guy, and I always preferred the road gray but I have to admit this is pretty sweet…I guess I never realized how cream colored their home unis look Until I saw one up close. Can’t wait to wear it when the Giants come to Houston in May!

• pawliekokonuts said, on December 26, 2014 at 2:19 pm

…and someplace on the Internet there was a story about Hunter reaching out to kids in Houston…something like that.

43. Hargesheimer said, on December 26, 2014 at 3:55 pm

Sabean lets one get away: http://tinyurl.com/pnm5sla

• pawliekokonuts said, on December 26, 2014 at 3:58 pm

goodfeckingriddance

• Hargesheimer said, on December 26, 2014 at 4:28 pm

Sooner, rather than later, he’ll wish he hadn’t…

44. paulinasia said, on December 26, 2014 at 7:21 pm

Pawlie, saw that article about the Nats signing Uggla. It made me laugh, really, because the lead story on the MLB site was about the Nats taking their place as one of the league’s best teams this past season, full of “star power”…. juxtaposed with the story about signing Uggla. Ha. Do the players vote on who gets a World Series ring? If anyone ever deserved to receive a vote of *no*, it would be Uggla. Although some have said he deserves a ring for being so f-ing horrible that he opened the door for Li’l Joe Panik to slide right in.

• DJLoo said, on December 26, 2014 at 7:34 pm

You know Paul, “Li’l Joe” is actually 6’1/190. I’d like to see a little more power out of him to compensate for the Panda/McGiggles swap.

Sending condolences to you, Dennis. Hope you might find your way to Finnerty’s on trophy day and have a few beers with the east coast Flap contingent…

45. paulinasia said, on December 26, 2014 at 7:31 pm

Damn, you guys talking about the Giants swag you got for Christmas, and here I sit, lamenting the departure of my only Giants thing, that t-shirt that I asked one of the bartenders at a bar here to wear so Steve and I could pose with it during the Series and post the pic here for… um… good luck? Yeah, well, it worked…. 🙂 But she said she’d pose for us wearing it only if she could keep it. What could I do. Haven’t seen her for awhile, but here’s hoping she’s tying it up at the bottom like she did in the pic and walking around all of Saigon with some knowing dudette head nodding going on….

46. pawliekokonuts said, on December 26, 2014 at 8:09 pm

Merry Christmas, girls.

• DJLoo said, on December 26, 2014 at 8:30 pm

My good friend’s grandfather used to address him and his little brother as “girls”.
      Unlike you, Pawlie, they sensed a derogatory tone and didn’t much care for it.
      Years later they danced on his grave.
      Literally.

47. sportdude said, on December 26, 2014 at 8:34 pm

Got a sweet orange antigua polo 2014 WS champions for xmas to add to my collection!

• DJLoo said, on December 26, 2014 at 8:42 pm

Does it have a 3 button placket?
      I prefer 4.

48. Macdog said, on December 26, 2014 at 8:54 pm

My buddy got me a Giants ugly sweater: http://www.clarktoys.com/sanfrgimlbug1.html