Happy New Year Seminole Fans!

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on January 2, 2015

I can’t believe I was rooting for the Ducks last night. They’ve been a problem for the Cardinal for years. But it was a magnificent win over a despicable program. This vine gets my early vote for best vine of 2015. If you don’t lip read, he says, “Jamis, if you don’t calm the fuck down you’re going to the bench!”

Love it.

As far as the Giants go, it’s still a long, slow Winter. I’m just hoping we don’t sign James Shields.

1. unca_chuck said, on January 2, 2015 at 9:28 am

Yeah, kinda hard to root for the Criminoles.

2. wilcojoe said, on January 2, 2015 at 10:04 am

Congrats to the Ducks. As much as I hate Bama, I would have liked to have seen them play Oregon in the finale. Just remarkable what Meyer has done with the Buckeyes. Third string QB in only his second career start and they beat the almighty Tide, just amazing…

3. Chipower9 said, on January 2, 2015 at 10:22 am

I am with ya Joe. Would have loved to see Bama and Oregon tee it up. But I think Ducks-Buckeyes is going to be a very good game, too.

I had Florida State and 9 1/2 yesterday (swing and miss), and Ohio State plus 9.5, too.

This in a pool with a bunch from my local brewery/watering hole. Finals bracket I had Bama over Oregon (another swing and miss).

Still waiting for the other shoe to drop on a Zobrist trade.

Was trading messages with Blade last night…regardless of whether or not the Zobrist deal does down, I am impressed with Sabes off-season so far. Zobrist to play LF and as insurance for 2B if Panik panics would be a sweet addition.

Agree, Flavor…fuck Shields. I truly do not see Sabes/the Giants going all in on Shields, Sherzer, etc.

4. Chipower9 said, on January 2, 2015 at 10:24 am

Will be checking out the tropies (all motherfucking THREE of them) on Wednesday at Raley Field. Looking forward to it. Will send ya some picts Flav.

Oh, and only FORTY SEVEN days until pitchers and catchers report for YOUR World Series Champion San Francisco Giants! WHOOP!

5. ewisco said, on January 2, 2015 at 10:38 am

was just reading the BBOTD POTD and even without the pictures, most of that stuff is still hilarious. Mrs W went to Ohio State and has infected the boys. their mantra: just don’t get embarrassed.

6. Alleykat said, on January 2, 2015 at 10:44 am

Oregon is gonna smoke Ohio St.
    45-10 prediction!
    And yes I would like Ben Zobrist as well. He’s a versatile player LF, infield the type player Bochy loves to worked with. Would not include Susac in a deal however to get him.

• Chipower9 said, on January 2, 2015 at 10:56 am

Kat – all the early chatter I heard on a potential trade did not have the Giants giving up any top shelf talent in the trade. I say giddy the fuck up and make it happen.

Fuck, I cannot wait for baseball to be back.

• Alleykat said, on January 2, 2015 at 11:03 am

Agree Chi.
        Enjoy your Basking with “All 3 of those W/S Trophy’s” Wednesday.

• Chipower9 said, on January 2, 2015 at 12:16 pm

I don’t see it Kat. I expect a close game. But then, in my pool, we had eight games against the spread, and I went 3-5. But in our yearlong NFL pool (against the spread), I am in the lead at a 136-120 clip.

7. Flavor said, on January 2, 2015 at 12:37 pm

Oregon is playing on a different level and and different speed. I don’t know about 45-10 but I bet they cover that 7 pt spread easily,

• Chipower9 said, on January 2, 2015 at 12:51 pm

If laying a bet, I would lay the points and take the Ducks (at 7 or 7.5). But I don’t see a blowout to the tune of 45-10.

8. Chipower9 said, on January 2, 2015 at 12:53 pm

On a non-sporting, but sad note, Donna Douglas (Elly May on the Beverly Hillbillies) has passed. I think every strapping young American boy fanticized about taking her out for a dip in the concrete pond. RIP.

• Irish Kevin said, on January 2, 2015 at 12:57 pm

You mean every boys unilateral wet dream don’t you?? Cause she was one of many. The girl from Dukes of hazard comes to mind also!!

• Chipower9 said, on January 2, 2015 at 2:05 pm

Barbara Eden (I Cream on Jeanie), Linda Evans (let me check out your Big Valley)…yep, the list was looooong…

• Flavor said, on January 2, 2015 at 1:00 pm

I never really watched that show. First thought was that you were talking about the grandma and then I googled it and realized who you were talking about. At first I was like, “Damn, Chi is into the GILF’s” lol

• Chipower9 said, on January 2, 2015 at 2:01 pm

LMAO…I’d bag a grandma if she was hot!

9. pawliekokonuts said, on January 2, 2015 at 4:28 pm

There was a football game on? Last night?

10. pawliekokonuts said, on January 2, 2015 at 4:50 pm

You all MUST read this very, very entertaining piece by the very, very entertaining Jayson Stark about our very, very fabulous World Champs:

I would’ve copied it here, but too long. GREAT HOT STOVE BASKING MATERIAL.

• snarkk said, on January 2, 2015 at 6:57 pm

Yep, really good piece. Stark is always good re: the Giants. The very last para on Affeldt is very cool. Affeldt really deserves some kudos for this postseason, he was nails…

• pawliekokonuts said, on January 2, 2015 at 8:49 pm

Actually, I had missed the paragraph on Affeldt. I thought the rest was just about the Royals. Just amazing. It will never be repeated. How could it?

• zumiee said, on January 2, 2015 at 7:08 pm

Great stuff, Pawlie. Thanks for the link!
      The basking continues!!!!!!!!!!! 🙂 🙂 🙂

11. gianthead said, on January 2, 2015 at 6:56 pm

Thank the Lord we are out on Shields. Since the Red Sox won’t cough up the prospects the Phillies want for Hamels, maybe we can swing a deal by the trade deadline enticing enough.

A Bum-Cain-Hamels playoff rotation would be the best in baseball bar none.

To me Zobrist=Cody Ross so giddy up..Flav I have a new email that I will send you…

• Flavor said, on January 2, 2015 at 8:01 pm

cool. Send it on. BTW, who do you think Sabes would offer up in trade for Hamels?

12. sportdude said, on January 2, 2015 at 8:12 pm

Thanks Paulie..I knew Post season was crazu but to see how many crazy things happened was awesome. made my laugh!!! Basking:)

13. zumiee said, on January 2, 2015 at 8:39 pm

Street gangs were clean-cut in the 1950s:

• pawliekokonuts said, on January 2, 2015 at 9:07 pm

who is the narrator? great voice. poetic.

• zumiee said, on January 2, 2015 at 9:47 pm

The clip is from a 1961 documentary called “Ask Me, Don’t Tell Me.” And the narrator is William Winter. I googled his name but I didn’t find anything about him.

14. DJLoo said, on January 2, 2015 at 9:55 pm

I remember my dad bringing home this newspaper.
    One of my earliest childhood memories:

• zumiee said, on January 2, 2015 at 10:28 pm

That’s intense.
      My earliest memories of reading are trying to read “Gerald McBoing-Boing.”

15. willedav said, on January 3, 2015 at 7:41 am

I realize the round number fascination is odd, but watching GS get 40 in the first quarter last night was cool. They were on shooting the ball last night and way fun to watch. If that is the best the East has got…

Gotta admit I’m all in on the Anybody but Seahawks tees I saw in local store last week.
    One of my supes is a season ticket holder up there. He called from Seattle around Holiday time to check sales, and conversation went like this:
    Me: Sales are good it’s sunny here lot of people out.
    Him: Rub it in, it’s pouring rain here…but we got the Hawks.

Those guys win again they’ll be basking big time just like Giants fans.

16. willedav said, on January 3, 2015 at 7:48 am

I’d like to add a toast to those responsible for a tremendous innovation in women’s fashion—yoga pants for the cute butt set.
    And to all sales clerks that have convinced buyers of same that 3 sizes too small is perfect fit.

17. willedav said, on January 3, 2015 at 8:39 am

Yahoo sports had link to SB Nation story on Petit vs. Lincecum for SP spot (numbers rather sobering). I think TL has spent most of last 3 seasons giving considerable evidence he no longer has SP stuff. I also think it is possible he can emerge as quality set up; regardless there is much more likelihood of him doing well in limited innings role than as an everyday SP.

While Petit does not possess blazing fastball he is deceptive and much more effective. Imo he deserves way more innings than Lincecum, not other way around. The money is spilt milk–it’s already spent (and he has zero trade value unless Giants cover it) so SF better served to get best value out of it.

18. unca_chuck said, on January 3, 2015 at 8:54 am

BTW, that little vid clip is awesome. . . . ! Too goddamn funny.