Gee, Dillon?

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on January 12, 2015

#sfgiants are now rumored to be interested in Dillon Gee. Interest and action are 2 different things. Here’s a link to Gee’s stats:

He’s ok, I’d take him on the team as insurance. But at 28 years old there will be competition for him and we all know what direction the flow chart takes us with Sabean when competition is involved…..

Next.

____________________

If you’re interested, please leave your national championship predictions in the thread below. I’m on Oregon winning 45-24

1. willedav said, on January 12, 2015 at 8:56 am

I’d say more like 27-17. I think Oregon has been able to recruit very good athletes that can excel in the style they play, for years now, under different coaches. So imo it’s more about your players making plays for the no name guy than the coach and his “toughness.”

Anyway the playoff has worked great. 1-AA level has been doing it for years with 16 teams in and it works fine, though I realize none of these teams are going to other bowls. I’m sure those left out will heighten clamor for 8 teams but even still it’s great theater and good football too. And maybe if issue of wear and tear on college kids is raised (unlikely given the $$$ involved) the big powers will schedule one less cupcake chump team game.

2. twinfan1 said, on January 12, 2015 at 9:04 am

The good news about the Gee pursuit- we’ll finish second.

• Irish Kevin said, on January 12, 2015 at 9:38 am

LQTM

3. Irish Kevin said, on January 12, 2015 at 9:39 am

I am going with Ohio. 35-28.

4. Irish Kevin said, on January 12, 2015 at 9:40 am

Pawlie. sorry for being late. I think that is Ishi kissing the baseball on the back cover of the book. I think it is the homerun ball he hit.

5. gianthead said, on January 12, 2015 at 9:44 am

I say Oregon 80-70….ok 45-35.

Gee would be a competent #5 and probably above league average and better than Voggy or Timmy.

6. DJLoo said, on January 12, 2015 at 11:52 am

Can we bring back Willie McGee?
    Then we’d have Gee, McGee and McGeehee…

• zumiee said, on January 12, 2015 at 12:42 pm

Gee Willikers!
      (What’s a Williker?)

• DJLoo said, on January 12, 2015 at 2:04 pm

And what the hell are druthers? And why do people always with they had them?

• DJLoo said, on January 12, 2015 at 2:05 pm

“wish” not “with”

7. zumiee said, on January 12, 2015 at 12:50 pm

Oregon- 38
    Ohio St.- 34

And….
    New England vs. Seattle in a battle of schmucks in the Super Bowl.
    There’s a giant earthquake, the ground splits open, and both teams fall into an enormous chasm.

8. zumiee said, on January 12, 2015 at 12:56 pm

All the problems NCAA football and basketball have had….and yet tonight, Nike’s Phil Knight will be allowed to be right there on the Oregon sideline tonight chatting it up with whoever he wants to.

9. DJLoo said, on January 12, 2015 at 2:07 pm

Oregon: 53
    Ohio St: 44

10. Nipper said, on January 12, 2015 at 2:09 pm

Prediction: Somebody will win.

11. DJLoo said, on January 12, 2015 at 2:33 pm

i know for a fact Nipper thinks predictions are a stupid waste of time.
    Even though I made one, I agree with him.

12. zumiee said, on January 12, 2015 at 3:09 pm

In ESPN’s “30 for 30” documentary series there was a good one about the late ’60s/early ’70s Knicks. But the whole starting five and one of the subs is in the NBA Hall of Fame?? A little NY/East Coast bias there.

• zumiee said, on January 12, 2015 at 3:12 pm

I’d forgotten that Dave DeBusschere had passed away. Sad part of the story.

• Macdog said, on January 12, 2015 at 3:18 pm

From what I can tell, the hoops Hall of Fame isn’t just for the NBA, but honors collegiate and international players as well.

• zumiee said, on January 12, 2015 at 3:25 pm

Good point. I should remember that it’s the Basketball Hall of Fame, not the NBA Hall of Fame.

13. Macdog said, on January 12, 2015 at 3:18 pm

Ohio State 41
    Oregon 33

14. Flavor said, on January 12, 2015 at 4:42 pm

Gonna be shocked if Oregon doesn’t win this gm easily

15. eddacker said, on January 12, 2015 at 4:46 pm

Waiting to have a picture of the triplets in sunny Concord

16. Macdog said, on January 12, 2015 at 5:18 pm

Check it out: “ESPN is set up to use “pylon cameras” during Monday night’s broadcast. There were two wireless cameras in the pylons in each of the four corners of the end zone, 16 extra cameras in all.”

I’d much rather see cheerleader cam.

17. paulinasia said, on January 12, 2015 at 5:30 pm

Travis Blatchly.

• paulinasia said, on January 12, 2015 at 5:32 pm

Blackly. Huh. Who knew.

18. unca_chuck said, on January 12, 2015 at 5:57 pm

I had 52-14 yesterday and I thought I posted that earlier. Oh well. Can’t drop that pass

19. unca_chuck said, on January 12, 2015 at 6:27 pm

Wow. Oregon is playing tight. They may go down by 14 here.

20. pawliekokonuts said, on January 12, 2015 at 7:00 pm

BBOTD. 67. Whew. Older than I am. Technically speaking. Yoikes.

21. unca_chuck said, on January 12, 2015 at 7:48 pm

Yikes. If not for the turnovers, Oregon would be down by 28.

22. unca_chuck said, on January 12, 2015 at 7:57 pm

Shit, whatever Dawg has, i got some creeping crud of my own. Sore throat and a sinus headache that won’t quit. Whiskey doesn’t work on sinus headaches, goddamnit,

Oregon WR nearly drops the ball before scoring, Hard to believe Oregon is only down 4. They need to blitz all the time. Oregon cannot stop the run tho and that will kill them.

23. unca_chuck said, on January 12, 2015 at 8:01 pm

Holy shit. Oregon with ANOTHER turnover.

24. DJLoo said, on January 12, 2015 at 8:09 pm

In 1985, the awful NY Knicks were nicknamed the “Big Apple turnovers”
    Waiting for something better this year…

• unca_chuck said, on January 12, 2015 at 8:45 pm

Bite the big apple. Don’t mind the maggots.

Joe’s on fire with these commercials. The 5 ring one is epic.

25. unca_chuck said, on January 12, 2015 at 8:47 pm

Can’t believe Oregon is punting. Lame. They are coming up ant-smalll again.

Props to SanDawg fro the call. . .

26. Alleykat said, on January 12, 2015 at 9:01 pm

Can’t believe how Oregon self-destructed tonight!
    Totally out- played by a 3rd string QB who wasn’t fazed at all, props to C Jones & that RB Elliott and that OL blowing out holes all- night!!!

27. xoot said, on January 12, 2015 at 9:11 pm

I think the Ohio State U played a good game tonight, overcoming some unlucky and some sloppy turnovers. Apart from the gaffes, they were strong all around–very balanced. I dislike Nike U and I have nothing against the young pros at OSU. Entertaining game. Playoff college football looks good, so far.

28. twinfan1 said, on January 12, 2015 at 9:27 pm

Geez, I forgot the game was on. Spent 3 hours looking for my frigging slippers. Yes, it’s true- I’ve gone bonkers. My worst fear- I’m now a dunderhead. GNight, guys.

29. Flavor said, on January 12, 2015 at 9:29 pm

Totally wrong about this game, congrats to OSU. Anyone come close to hitting the score?
    On my ph now, will check a little later

30. sportdude said, on January 12, 2015 at 9:29 pm

Total Beat down in every way. Did OSU have a drive of LESS than 60 yards the entire game? I missed the opening 5 minutes, and after that they never punted till 5 left and the game over already. Wow!

31. SanDawg said, on January 12, 2015 at 9:32 pm

Buckeye Beatdown!!!

32. SanDawg said, on January 12, 2015 at 9:48 pm

The other thing I loved about this game, other than the fact that I was one of the only few in any of my circles of friends to call for a big OSU win was that the “turnover battle” theory shit the bed as well.
    “Its all going to come down to who wins the turnover battle…..” Blah Blah Freaking Blah….
    NOW, I know turnovers are bad, but I get tired of hearing over and over and over how every game hinges on the fucking turnover battle. These heads make it sound like you could just fall on the ball all night long and make sure you never turn it over and you should be well positioned for the win.

• willedav said, on January 13, 2015 at 7:20 am

You nailed this one, SD. Kid QB made all the yards when he had to, leaping over guys and bouncing LBs off him. Only saw second half, but they were dominating. Meyer’s guys got job done, something that won’t go unnoticed in Ann Arbor either, where they will have to hear about National Champion Ohio State.

Tom Tolbert says even for Dubs there are bad turnovers and some you can shake off. Sure they sometimes make one too many flashy high risk passes, but more often than not are converting their own steals into easy hoops. And those are the momentum ones for both sides.

33. dirtnrocksnomo said, on January 13, 2015 at 8:19 am

Travis Blackley? Sabes is just trolling at this point.

34. eddacker said, on January 13, 2015 at 9:31 am

Trophy tour yesterday in Concordia, the city Oakland aspired to be. WAAY oversubscribed as it could have gone 5 hours -v- the requisite 2 for photos. Amazing that it goes to Oregon, Nevada, San Luis Obispo and numerous stops in the central valley. Wonder which stop, if any, Zumie will go to visit the triplets?