Mac-a-Looza

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on January 21, 2015

I’m not certain, but I think Saturday is the day the east coast gets overrun by the tsunami known as “Mac-a-Looza.” Head for higher ground. I’m hoping PK joins the flood too, just to push the party over the top. Please take pics and forward to me. Or dump them in the ‘bucket’ yourselves if you have authorization to do so.

And if today isn’t the day then just enjoy the pleasant weather than winter on the east coast is known for….

🙂 🙂 🙂

_________________________

in other news, the Giants have designated Marco Scutaro. So there’s that……

________________________

and in other other news, here are the updated odds to win this year’s WS. The Cubs? Do oddsmakers understand how difficult it is to actually win the WS? Let alone 3 in 5?

odds

1. Chipower9 said, on January 21, 2015 at 7:24 am

Is this in conjunction with a viewing of “The Triplets?” At Finnerty’s?

Enjoy gents! Looking forward to picts.

Only 28 days until pitchers and catchers report!

2. Chipower9 said, on January 21, 2015 at 7:28 am

Looks like the trophy will be at Finnerty’s on the 24th (how appropriate…24). In Sac (Raley Field – AAA Giant affiliate) they had all three…hence The Triplets.

Regardless, enjoy…

3. Alleykat said, on January 21, 2015 at 9:37 am

What the Giants can’t afford the shipping for all 3 trophys to NY?

4. Flavor said, on January 21, 2015 at 9:41 am

I agree, they should all be together. Separating them just dilutes the awesomeness of it all.

5. Chipower9 said, on January 21, 2015 at 11:03 am

I would be surprised if all three are not on display. It was bad ass to see all three of them together. Not a lot of great photo ops at Raley Field, but my bud Mike and I did get the professional pict with The Triplets.

Scoots was designated to open a slot on the 40 for Aoki. My understanding is the team intends to retain Marco.

6. Flavor said, on January 21, 2015 at 11:33 am
  7. pawliekokonuts said, on January 21, 2015 at 12:47 pm

it would be Saturday; we’re working on it

8. dirtnrocksnomo said, on January 21, 2015 at 1:23 pm

Maybe having to explain the whole thing to my kid just pisses me off but has anyone else seen Sandoval’s latest comments on free agency? Maybe it’s all getting lost in translation but I’ve moved him closer to the douche bag bucket. I know I should just let it go but still…

• Chipower9 said, on January 21, 2015 at 1:57 pm

Are you talking about the “I didn’t give the Giants a chance to counter” comment? Personally, it doesn’t bug me. Sounds like he had made up his mind at that point, so what was the value in wassting peoples’ time when he already knew he was accepting Boston’s offer. I am actually kind of happy the team decided NOT to throw all that coin at Pablo. I will love him for all he did in helping us win 3 in 5, but am ready to let the rest of it go. C’est la vie.

• snarkk said, on January 21, 2015 at 10:19 pm

I’m cool with Panda leaving. He seems to have just wanted to do something different. Plus, he’s moved his extended family to the East Coast in Florida. Adjusting for taxes, he’s probably better off in Boston, too. I don’t hold any ill will towards the dude, sometimes you want/need a change. If it is more than the above and some secret reason or some hidden hatred for Giants management, well, I can’t guess at that so I’ll assume there is no such reason…

9. Chipower9 said, on January 21, 2015 at 1:59 pm

I read this article on the Giants taking the trophy to NY, and from the details it does appear that only the 2014 trophy is making the trip. I think that sucks. There was something very cool in seeing all three of those bad boys sitting together on one table. You Flappers back in NY are getting short-changed. Ask Baer why they had all three in Sacramento, but short-changed the NY fans with only the 2014 hardward.

• Alleykat said, on January 21, 2015 at 3:09 pm

Giants didn’t want to pay for 2 more 1st class seats for the trophys Chi😄

10. zumiee said, on January 21, 2015 at 3:44 pm

Regarding Sandoval, that’s one of the things I’m real curous about for this season: how the Red Sox will do. They didn’t improve their pitching all that much, IMO. Sandoval and HanRam will need to put up some big numbers. If not, the whole thing has train-wreck potential.

• dirtnrocksnomo said, on January 21, 2015 at 4:10 pm

They’ll probably have an awesome bubble machine though.

• unca_chuck said, on January 21, 2015 at 4:48 pm

Plus hot and cold running Dunkin Donuts.

11. zumiee said, on January 21, 2015 at 4:46 pm

The Red Sox need to get off to a good start, or they’re going to hear a lot of this from their crusty fans:

12. Flavor said, on January 21, 2015 at 5:59 pm

I’m still laughing at those world series odds. The Cubs are at 12-1? I don’t care who they added, they’re the Cubs. They CANNOT win the world series. And the team that just won it 3 out of the last 5 years is 18-1? That’s good comedy….

• zumiee said, on January 21, 2015 at 6:11 pm

Yeah, the Cubs are pushing against 106 years of inertia.
      When I was reading the Hank Greenberg biography, I learned the story of ‘the billy goat curse.’ The Tigers were playing the Cubs in the World Series, and a guy showed up to Wrigley Field with a goat, and wanted to take it into the ballpark. The guy had bought two tickets, one for himself and one for the goat. He was (quite rightly) turned away from entering, and in anger he called out a curse upon the Cubs, vowing they would never win the World Series again.
      And, well, they haven’t so far. 🙂

• James said, on January 21, 2015 at 7:13 pm

After another 20 years of futility, they’ll be 2-1.

13. paulinasia said, on January 21, 2015 at 7:16 pm

I’m assuming that odds list is not all inclusive, right? I mean, I’d guess there are odds for all teams, and yet that list just looks cherry-picked for the sake of a discussion… or is that really the “top 9” teams with their odds? Hard to imagine that playoff teams from 2014 like Baltimore, Pittsburgh, and KC are upwards at around 20-1 or highter. Three things: 1) oddsmakers obviously don’t look at intangible things such “have shown they know how to win championships”…. 2) Lester is that good, huh?, that he’ll bring the trophy to Wrigley?? and 3) Guess the oddsmakers are even less impressed with Billy Beane’s off-season moves: A’s at 40-1…..

• Flavor said, on January 21, 2015 at 7:26 pm

a future thread I’m going to do: assign my own odds to who will win the WS. I think I’ll do a far more accurate job and it’ll be fun to check back on after 2015 is won……

• James said, on January 21, 2015 at 7:26 pm

They may be looking at a better than average but not great team ala the 2014 Giants and a franchise that hasn’t won anything for a preposterously long time.

14. Flavor said, on January 21, 2015 at 7:20 pm

not a single comment on Scoots getting designated? I get it, we needed a spot for Aoki-San.
    But has there ever been a Giant who blasted through our lives like Marco Scutaro and then left so quickly? That might be an upcoming thread. Too busy to do it tonight but if you guys can come up with a more influential Giant in SF history, that shot through our “fan-mosphere” like a shooting star basically never to be heard from again, leave your nominee in this thread…..
    hint: if you just think about the 3 WS wins there should be a few nominees……..

• xoot said, on January 21, 2015 at 9:22 pm

Schulman explained that Scutaro’s DFA is temporary–there’s no 60 day DL in the off season. They’ll move him there when ST begins, apparently.

15. Macdog said, on January 21, 2015 at 8:25 pm

From Rosenthal: “Sources: Vogelsong shifts course. No deal with #Astros. In serious discussions with #SFGiants.”

• James said, on January 21, 2015 at 8:43 pm

It may be time to join the dimwit ranters on KNBR.

• willedav said, on January 21, 2015 at 9:01 pm

Wow, I knew finally saying nice things about the guy was a mistake.

• snarkk said, on January 21, 2015 at 9:36 pm

I already said good by. Sabes, that is no way to run a relationship…

16. Macdog said, on January 21, 2015 at 8:53 pm

Looks like the trophy’s already in the Big Apple: http://tinyurl.com/o92jf8p

• DJLoo said, on January 21, 2015 at 8:59 pm

We should steal it.
      Panik still hasn’t publicly thanked us for jump-starting his career, Mac…

• Macdog said, on January 21, 2015 at 9:03 pm

Right on. He should show up at Finnerty’s on Saturday and buy us beers.

17. willedav said, on January 21, 2015 at 8:59 pm

Read a couple columns/comments (one on Yahoo/one on FanGraphs) about the lawsuits by Cubs rooftop guys vs. the Cubs and their scoreboard/expansion plans that are ongoing.
    Lawyers that are Flap regs, I’d be interested to hear your takes.

• xoot said, on January 21, 2015 at 9:28 pm

On that sort of thing I defer to the guy on Fangraphs, Prof. Nathaniel Grow. His writing’s a bit baggy, but he knows his stuff and he’s motivated to make a career of it.

• snarkk said, on January 21, 2015 at 11:29 pm

Basically, the rooftop owners think they have rights to stop / change the Wrigley rehab under terms of a deal they signed with the Cubs about 10 years ago. I think its a long shot, since they agreed in the deal that they would not contest any Wrigley expansion approved by the City. So, they’re also suing the City asserting that the expansion plan OK is bogus. Aside from the legalities, I have a problem with dudes claiming control and the right to make money over an activity run by someone else that they just happen to mooch off of by way of luck of location…

18. zumiee said, on January 21, 2015 at 9:40 pm

The Cubs fans really should be talking about the Curse of Merkle’s Boner, the play that helped the Cubs win the Pennant in ’08, en route to their last World Series championship.
    Although Merkle’s Boner gets over-stated. It happened in the middle of the season, and, sure, it cost the Giants a game, and the Giants and Cubs ended up tied for the Pennant. But the Giants could have still won the one-game playoff.

19. paulinasia said, on January 22, 2015 at 12:43 am

So Craig, will the next thread read “Re-enter Voggie”? …. Ah, so it looks like Nipper’s true identity is finally revealed. Who knew he was a prospect for the Blue Jays?