Reliving The Glory Over and Over

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on January 30, 2015

Confession: I love the “27 outs” videos. The first one I found is this one:

I don’t like Cold Play but I really like the song for this video. And if anyone wants to remember what Timmy was like before his great slide into obscurity, watch this video again. I’m sure you’ve all seen it. My favorite moment is looking into Timmy’s eyes as he walks off the mound after the 7th. He’s got this.

The 2012 “27 outs” video, at least the one I’m uploading, wasn’t as good as 2010. For starters, it was 30 outs. And the music sucks. But still, awesome moments.

And that leads us to 2014. I can’t find a “27 outs” video for our most recent dominant triumph. If any of you have seen one or could upload one, go for it….

1. wilcojoe said, on January 30, 2015 at 6:30 am

Mike and Mike just had Joe Buck on as they like everyone else in the media is in Phoenix this week. When Greenie reminded listeners of Buck’s lifelong association with St. Louis, Buck responded, “which I am continually reminded of to this day. I never had so much thrown at me, including trash, as I did when I broadcast the baseball postseason in San Francisco last year.” Ha!

• blade3colorado said, on January 30, 2015 at 6:51 am

Pobresito . . . Buck, if you can’t “hang,” then quit – a dozen other media hacks to take your place.

2. gianthead said, on January 30, 2015 at 7:47 am

Take that Buck!

3. unca_chuck said, on January 30, 2015 at 7:50 am

Gee Jack. Maybe it had something to do with the abject disappoonemt on your voice when Rent hit the 3 run homer. Or the entire series pulling for Texas. And Detroit. Grow a pair, skippy.

• xoot said, on January 30, 2015 at 2:26 pm

I thought his call of Uribe’s HR in the LCS was the most craven. He really didn’t want that ball to land in the RF stands.

4. dirtnrocksnomo said, on January 30, 2015 at 7:59 am

These never get old but I especially like the 2010 video. Lincecum was just a supernova man. I still miss Uribe. He and his uncle are two of my favorite Giants.

On another note, one of the things I do at my job is write reports for end customers regarding product failures. Lo and behold this week I have been composing one for the Red Sox. I’ve spent the last few days working in baseball references for my own enjoyment. I’ve got a few that I am still cleaning up but one of my favorites; “Excessive consumption at reference location 3b has resulted in over inflation and field failure.”

5. willedav said, on January 30, 2015 at 8:04 am

His dad was far better broadcaster. And I’m sure Cubs fans would beg to differ and take credit for laying out as much abuse as they could in Cards direction. These 2 cities fans have been going at it for at least 100 years and haven’t moved like Dodgers and Giants.

Vid of Tim is great, just too bad those days are long gone. Caught some of Bags last night on KNBR, who didn’t think Tim had a rotation spot.. I.sure hope not. I could see renaissance out of the pen, maybe even to the point where he could stick around and be re-signed. As an SP, no.

6. eddacker said, on January 30, 2015 at 9:21 am

In light of the timmeh video, which is awesome and nothing but awesome, I post this rom yesterday’s trophy tour in beautiful downtown Hayward (free parking is only the beginning):

Top 10 things overheard in line yesterday at the Trophy Tour in Hayward California

The Hayward junior Giants are only two years old and already they’re the biggest club in the East Bay.
    What do you think the Freak is going to do after baseball?
    What are you doing for the Super Bowl?
    I have no need for Sandoval – the Panda is dead to me.
    There’s a tennis tournament on?
    I sure hope -insert any starting pitcher not named Madison- has a good year.
    What the heck happened to the A’s?
    What are you doing for the Super Bowl?
    No you can’t have your picture taken while kissing the trophy.
    March 3rd spring training starts – damn we will miss Morris.
    During July I was positive there was no way in hell the Giants would make the playoffs
    $40 for a photo?

following Pawlie’s lead

• Bozo said, on January 30, 2015 at 10:20 am

Looking good Ed.

• blade3colorado said, on January 30, 2015 at 10:33 am

Very nice Ed!

• Flavor said, on January 30, 2015 at 12:07 pm

yeah! awesome. I’m looking at the pic on my desk right now of me with just the one. Feel significantly inferior to you right now. 🙂

• snarkk said, on January 31, 2015 at 12:56 pm

Nice one, edd…

7. blade3colorado said, on January 30, 2015 at 11:05 am

Agree with this Buster Olney video analysis about Belt.

8. wilcojoe said, on January 30, 2015 at 11:07 am

I just saw that Brandon Belt is going to play in tomorrows UT alumni baseball game versus the varsity. Pretty cool of him to represent the alma mater. It should be televised on the Longhorn Network, for those that want to catch it.

• dirtnrocksnomo said, on January 30, 2015 at 1:30 pm

We’re depending on you to attend and put a halt to any of Belt’s attempts at pitching.

9. blade3colorado said, on January 30, 2015 at 11:47 am

Who in the fuck is Geep Chryst? OK, I jest . . . I know who he is, but is it true that the 49ers are going to hire this guy for the OC position? Dude was a face plant as Kaepernick’s QB coach. No idea how this will improve the Niners. Moreover, all the coaching changes to date are head scratchers . . . Seems like ownership is going the cheapo route by hiring in-house for all the key positions (exception of the Mangini hire).

• Irish Kevin said, on January 30, 2015 at 3:51 pm

They hired a QB coach, Chryst will be coming up with the plays.

10. dirtnrocksnomo said, on January 30, 2015 at 11:47 am

These videos remind me that the closing game starting pitchers over the 3 in 5 run went Lincecum, Cain, Bumgarner with a healthy dose of Affeldt and of course the huge stones of Wilson and Romo. I don’t see Peavy or Hudson adding their names to the mix.

11. blade3colorado said, on January 30, 2015 at 3:29 pm

More “Deflategate.” This is frickin’ hilarious . . . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feuNeJewzDo&x-yt-cl=85114404&x-yt-ts=1422579428

12. zumiee said, on January 30, 2015 at 5:40 pm

Today’s Puig gif:

13. zumiee said, on January 30, 2015 at 5:53 pm

Great photo, Ed!
    Flappers rule the baseball world!!

14. paulinasia said, on January 30, 2015 at 6:58 pm

Yeah, Zum, your daily Puig gifs are tremendous. And Steve, thanks for that clip, hadn’t seen that. Hilarious. That pretty much sums up any Pats’ fans attitudes about the whole thing… including me… 🙂 Although I’d bet the ‘Hawks are gonna fry their asses in the game….

15. willedav said, on January 30, 2015 at 9:09 pm

Blade, Steve Young’s take echoed by radio guy Woodson was that Niners are a don’t go there zone for coaches.
    Owner/GM combo has run off 2 highly successful guys in Harbaugh and Fangio so no one wants to come in and have to deal with them. Questionable you’d be able to do your own thing without interference.
    Plus, given the current staff is pretty underwhelming you’d be lumped in as part of a sinking ship if things didn’t improve.

• blade3colorado said, on January 31, 2015 at 6:40 am

Yeah . . . In my mind, the owner is an imbecile and his GM is insecure to have anyone who knows more/challenges him on his decisions. Pathetic combination = mediocrity going forward.

16. Macdog said, on January 30, 2015 at 9:24 pm

Trophy tour and hookup with Loo last Saturday in NYC. And today, my daughter scored her first points in a varsity hoops game on a layup off a steal. Pretty cool week indeed.

• blade3colorado said, on January 31, 2015 at 6:43 am

That is fantastic Mac. The only thing I regret in my life is not having a daughter or son . . . In a good way, I am envious of you, Flavor, Kokonuts, SanDawg, Snarkk, Dirt, Chuck (both), etc., who get to experience these moments . . . I WANT A FUTURE WNBA OR MLB STAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 🙂

• snarkk said, on January 31, 2015 at 12:58 pm

Yeah, but you get to go to Bangkok…

• blade3colorado said, on January 31, 2015 at 3:46 pm