Line Up Look Plus Curry v LeBron

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on February 26, 2015

So as soon as I say Aoki leading off is “not going to happen,” Bruce Bochy tells reporters that he’s considering exactly that. This is very good news.

Aoki, Panik, Pence, Posey, Belt, Pagan, McGehee, Crawdaddy, Pitcher.

You guy see it another way?

______________________

NBA time: Only two games on the slate (typical Thursday) but what a slate it is. Westbrook going 1:5 v Phoenix is interesting but the real deal is Golden State v Cleveland. If The Dubs want more info on how legit they are a road game vs LeBron, Love etc. The match ups in this game are endless. I can’t wait to see Draymond on James who takes every point scored on him as a personal affront to his family. And Curry should fiddle-de-do all over Irving’s face. Wild card could be Bogut’s ball movement and whether Klay is hitting his shots.

Regardless, WOWZA, what a game coming up tonight….

_______________________

So is this another “bad angle” or do the Red Sox already hate The Panda?

redsox

1. gianthead said, on February 26, 2015 at 7:16 am

Can’t wait for three Dubs game….if Aoki leads off that is probably the line-up 9 times out of 10…

2. dirtnrocksnomo said, on February 26, 2015 at 8:08 am

I saw Pagan quoted somewhere as saying he’s good with whatever Bochy wants to do. With the club having just won another championship with him on the DL I don’t know why he would think otherwise.

That bobble head is pretty funny. It looks like they just put a Sandoval head on a formerly used Ortiz promotion. Must be the overstock.

• unca_chuck said, on February 26, 2015 at 11:22 am

Ortiz is a lefty . . .

• dirtnrocksnomo said, on February 26, 2015 at 11:35 am

So is the pic. Right hand appears to be on the bottom of the bat.

• chipower9 said, on February 26, 2015 at 1:32 pm

Well, Pagan also said that he feels he was a contributor to it, and he felt good with sitting back in PR, knowing he contributed to the Giants winning their third in five. And I concur. Many forget the hot start the Giants got off to, and while I am not going to go look at game logs for the details, I am sure that Caballo Loco was a contributor. Many who started the season with the Giants were not there in the end. Pagan is one. Hicks is another. There were some amazing contributions early by players who were not there for the championship scrum in KC.

• dirtnrocksnomo said, on February 26, 2015 at 1:35 pm

Not seeing where I said he didn’t contribute in the regular season. He wasn’t there in the PS and the club got it done so I think he has some obligation to defer to Bochy which he has said he’s cool with.

3. Alleykat said, on February 26, 2015 at 9:23 am

I see Boch mixing and matching with Pagan& Aoki depending on pitching matchups.
    Aoki might be batting 8th as well turning over the LU with a pitcher not named Bum,sacrificing him over are a steal.Pagan will probably get some hacks in the 6th spot as well this year if Aoki leads off.

4. salty said, on February 26, 2015 at 10:17 am

Bochy does like to play the R-L matchup. Does he move guys around against LHP? Doesn’t have much backup from the right side. No Morse now, who gave them 8 dingers against lefties.

Does it bleeping matter? Pablo hit .190 against LHP. Pence had a better slg against rhp.

And Aoki has a career .319 career , Belt .266.

Panik .373 and Craw .320 against LHP last yr.

Still would expect Pence hits higher against lefties than Belt and vice versa against RHers, McG maybe moves up against Lhp.

5. stickman said, on February 26, 2015 at 10:25 am

Flav: You did miss on placement of Pence and Belt. Pence is pretty much a free-swinger and happens to be an ideal #5. Belt, contrarily, is naturally more of a nuanced hitter, works the count well, but can be relied upon for both slash and clout power when applicable situationally. Aside from those two you are pretty close to the mark.

6. unca_chuck said, on February 26, 2015 at 11:37 am

Cavs are playing better, but Love is still soft. Thompson was a pain in the ass when we saw the Cavs here a few weeks ago and he did well against Bogut. One of his shittier games.

Still and all the Dubs won going away without Bron Bron out there.

7. Irish Kevin said, on February 26, 2015 at 12:22 pm

I don’t remember where I read it but Bochy might bat Pagan 3rd depending on who is pitching.

• chipower9 said, on February 26, 2015 at 1:37 pm

Kev – there were two Pav articles on CSNBA (I shared the links a couple of days ago). One was from Feb. 6th, and the other was from like Tuesday where Bochy said he was looking forward to juggling the line-up and could see playing Pagan in both the 3 and 5 holes.

8. zumiee said, on February 26, 2015 at 12:41 pm

Ortiz was whining about how the new pace-of-play rules favor the pitchers, in his opinion. He shouldn’t be whining. It’s the Red Sox playing games with a 4-3 score that last 4 hours that’s a big part of the problem.

9. chipower9 said, on February 26, 2015 at 1:35 pm

As others have said, I don’t think you can pigeon-hole Pagan or Aoki and a few others into specific slots. Bochy, as others have alluded, loves to play the match-ups. What I read, he predominantly saw playing Pagan in the 3 and 5 holes…but at this point…it is all fluid. I am just ready to watch/listen to some ball, and to observe how it all shakes out. I said this yesterday, and I will say it again…I think this team will be fun to watch. SP is the wild card.

10. chipower9 said, on February 26, 2015 at 1:44 pm

Flav – I am pumped about watching the Cavs-Dubs game tonight. Many are calling it a preview to a potential championship series. It sucks that I live in the Sacto area, as via CSNBA I get only the Kings feed (I would much rather watch the Dubs). So, in that regards I did not get to see the Warrior’s last game, but I did see some of the highlights.

Curry is just unreal. He, on multiple occasions in that game, did a behind the back dribble/drive to the hoop and left the guy guarding him in another state. His tear-drop floaters and lay-ups high off the glass are all a thing of beauty. MVP all the way. I appreciate LeBron for his talent, but outside of that, I have never been a fan. Splash Brothers! GO DUBS!

• Irish Kevin said, on February 26, 2015 at 3:12 pm

Hey Chi, I have Direct TV, I get the warrior games, I forget the station, I will look it up when I get home from work. I think it is just Comcast sports net. Does not call out bayyarea

11. Macdog said, on February 26, 2015 at 3:34 pm

That lineup looks pretty good, only change I’d make is put MadBum 7th on days he pitches to get more power in there. 🙂

Wouldn’t mind checking out Warriors-Cavs, but I’ll be stuck with Rangers-whoever at work. Maybe I can catch the 4th quarter.

12. dirtnrocksnomo said, on February 26, 2015 at 3:36 pm

I’d go Aoki, Panik, Posey, Belt, Pence, Pagan, McGehee, Crawdaddy, Pitcher.

13. Flavor said, on February 26, 2015 at 5:10 pm

I still can’t get over that gut they put on Sandoval. And what the fuck kind of swing is that? That’s the worst bobble head swing stance I’ve ever seen. Can’t even tell what he’s doing there….

• Alleykat said, on February 26, 2015 at 6:27 pm

BF…Panda is doing his Bambino imitation calling a HR Shot.I mean WTF Babe Ruth was once a Redsox.Of course Boston fans now will just call it “The Curse of the Belly”

• DJLoo said, on February 26, 2015 at 6:37 pm

is one member of the Boston Red Sox a Red Sock? A lot of people say so.
        Same issue with the White Sox…

14. Nipper said, on February 26, 2015 at 5:23 pm

ST is practice. Period. Whatever the manager says is “hot air” and whatever the players say is filler for the media.

15. ODB said, on February 26, 2015 at 6:58 pm

I like men who have just turned 18. It’s just how I roll

• dirtnrocksnomo said, on February 26, 2015 at 7:34 pm

Poetic. Couldn’t do that in haiku?

• Flavor said, on February 26, 2015 at 7:45 pm

goodie. the pussy is back. Can’t wait to see all your inane shit dumped into the spam filter.

16. xoot said, on February 26, 2015 at 8:10 pm

Appears that both fat Red Socks, Big Papi and Pablo, will have trouble complying with the new batter’s box rules. Not that the umps can do anything about their violations. They’ll get tickets from mlb. Still, the inane announcer concern could make some of those fox games of the week a bit more interesting.

Also I saw some tweets this morning about McGehee hitting Casilla in the leg with a screaming comebacker LD that knocked the closer off the mound. Word from the clubhouse later–just a “contusion.” Reminds me, only good song I know with the word “contusion” in the lyrics:

17. snarkk said, on February 26, 2015 at 8:44 pm

Sitting here inthe Speisekammer in alameda with a bowl of great gulasch and a tasty northern German Pils. just back from two days in Phoenix. All biz. Didn’t even get near any baseball. I need another bier …

18. DJLoo said, on February 26, 2015 at 8:57 pm

Aoki leading off over a healthy Pagan? Doubt it.

• Alleykat said, on February 26, 2015 at 9:14 pm

Agree Loo,
      Split em up,Pagan Leadoff,Aoki 8hole,turns the LU over with speed at the top and bottom.

And Snarkk, Kill off another Pilsners you deserve it, it’s on me🍺🍺😄

• blade3colorado said, on February 27, 2015 at 5:56 am

Yep, I don’t see that happening too often either.

19. zumiee said, on February 26, 2015 at 10:01 pm

Not an awesome mascot:

• Alleykat said, on February 26, 2015 at 10:08 pm

All say,
      Looks like gumby dressed up as a butterfingers bar..

20. blade3colorado said, on February 27, 2015 at 5:20 am

Interesting perspective about how the Giants will miss Sandoval from this Boston writer.

I wonder which Giant said this . . . “One Giants player who wished not to be identified said, “I think maybe his time here had run its course. Sometimes you want to stay just long enough. Maybe things might not have gone as smooth if he had hung around over the next five years. And so maybe a change was good for everyone.”

21. Flavor said, on February 27, 2015 at 6:11 am

newer, better, faster, stronger thread…….