Corey Black Sucks…….

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on March 6, 2015

But he’s no Scott Cousins. He’s not a malicious idiot. The reality is, this was just an unintentional mistake. An unfortunate fallout of spring training. I gave this guy shit on twitter last night and was blasted by Cubs fans and Black’s old college teammates. I could care less what twitter idiots think of me, I mostly use it just as a news source. Honestly, I’ve been more pissed off at some shitty rides Corey Black used to give me down in Southern California. lqtm

I get it, poor Corey Black feels bad. But this guy hit 14 hitters last year in only 124 innings (while also tossing 15 wild pitches). That ball he threw Pence? He can say he was trying to go inside but the fact is, he had no idea where it was going and if you saw the video, Hunter had no where to go. That pitch probably hit 14 other guys last year.

So whatever, he feels bad, he didn’t do it on purpose. It’s baseball, shit happens. But we’re now missing one of our best players because of this guy–so, fuck him.

I think we’ll be fine covering this internally. Blanco can cobble together a decent enough month. It would be a major problem if we asked him (or Perez) to handle the job for an entire season.

So this really isn’t that big of a deal…..

1. dirtnrocksnomo said, on March 6, 2015 at 8:12 am

I was saying the same thing this morning. The idea that making a move in response to this is a bit much. Its not going to happen. The club should be fine as long as there are not complications. Big Flavor trolling the guy on twitter is kinda funny.

2. Chipower9 said, on March 6, 2015 at 8:20 am

I agree Flav – not a big deal. Would we Giant fans prefer to have Pence in the middle of the line-up and roaming RF? Hell yes. But I think between the OF pieces the team has, all will be fine. And it will also give me an opportunity to possibly see Hunter do a few rehab starts in Sacto with the Rivercats.

3. zumiee said, on March 6, 2015 at 8:23 am

The Dodgers would love to unload Ethier on us, or the Red Sox/Craig; but those aren’t going to happen. That’s the kind of boneheaded move that some other organization would make.
    —–
    Regarding the NBA, here’s somebody’s list of the 50 worst draft picks of all time. It’s kind of interesting in a “whatever happened to that guy?” kind of way. But how did Jimmer not make the list?
    Adam Morrison made the list, and rightfully so, but who knew that he got two championships rings sitting on the bench for the Lakers?

4. Bozo said, on March 6, 2015 at 8:45 am

Give em hell Flav, like I said at the end of the last thread.

I saw the replay of the pitch that hit Pence, man, that was a heat seeker.
    Justin Maxwell, meet the Melky Way (just don’t get caught for a couple of months).

5. willedav said, on March 6, 2015 at 8:52 am

That next to last sentence, “It would be a major problem…” well, imo you already have if it Aoki is starting.
    He’s Blanco’s long lost cousin, with a similar .700 OPS and even less power while playing in a big yard last year in KC, and little more ability to steal bases successfully. Blanco had more triples and HRs and is probably a better OF, tho Aoki has more exp playing RF..

Unless all the dink singles hitters (and Giants have a lot of them) rock, losing Pence for any amount of time will make a difference, since SF becomes even more of station to station team–less pop and less speed, which there wasn’t a lot of to begin with.

So this is where everyone pulls together, pitchers and fielders, and does what they need to win games until they get healthier and stronger in middle of LU.

6. Bozo said, on March 6, 2015 at 8:54 am

Non sports related – For you North Bay music lovers, tonight at the Sweetwater in Mill Valley, New Orleans own Rebirth Brass Band will be playing. Rebirth brings a series party and there ain’t nothing like a Rebirth groove, y’all.

7. zumiee said, on March 6, 2015 at 9:19 am

That moment when you realize that you forgot about the new rule about keeping one foot in the batter’s box between pitches:

8. Lurker John said, on March 6, 2015 at 9:49 am

Get well quick Hunter. If anyone can, it’s you. Best it happened early.

9. Alleykat said, on March 6, 2015 at 9:53 am

Tough spring,even Willie Mays is out with a broken rib..

10. Flavor said, on March 6, 2015 at 10:10 am

I haven’t counted, but I probably have 500 people since last night who’ve tweeted me death threats, challenges to fight, telling me what an idiot I am, etc…. it’s hilarious.

• wilcojoe said, on March 6, 2015 at 11:03 am

Yeah, your “trending”. Next thing you know, Stephen A. Smith and Skip Bayless will be discussing you.

Stephen A.: This BigFlavor is despicable, reprehensible, and just plain disgusting for saying what he did about Corey Black. I am so disgusted, I cant even speak.

Skip: (long pause and deep breath) Stephen A, I have known you for a long time (Another deep breath) and while I respect your opinion, I have to disagree. Corey Black has been throwing inside and hitting hitters at a most alarming rate. I can only hope that my good friend and new commissioner Bob Manfred, will put a stop to this non sense. Hunter Pence is from Texas and you know who else is from Texas? My Dallas Cowboys.

• Flavor said, on March 6, 2015 at 11:17 am

Hilarious!

• dirtnrocksnomo said, on March 6, 2015 at 11:54 am

lulz, Skip would probably get something in about his high school state champion baseball team too.

• Chipower9 said, on March 6, 2015 at 12:54 pm

That is awesome, Wilco. Had me seriously LMAO…

11. Flavor said, on March 6, 2015 at 12:02 pm

here are some examples of some of them. there are hundreds.
    Austin Chipps ‏@a_chipps32 10m10 minutes ago
    @1flapdown77 all of this coming from a Twitter troll who looks like he’s never picked up a baseball before..

Mike Pendleton ‏@MP2310 18m18 minutes ago
    @1flapdown77 @CblackCHC please reconsider your life if you’re mad over something that can happen to ANY player

NAS and 7 others favorited a Tweet you were mentioned in
    15h: @CblackCHC @1flapdown77 YO FLAVOR, ARE U PEANUT BUTTER AND JELLY THAT BLACK GETS TO PITCH TO HUNTER PENCE WHILE YOU JACK OFF TO HIS POSTER?

Zachary Lavine ‏@Ror925 3h3 hours ago
    @1flapdown77 accidentS happen. Shut the Fuck up

Jason R. Rose and chenkaSF favorited a Tweet you were mentioned in
    14h: @1flapdown77 @CblackCHC I understand you are a Giants fan and losing a part of your team is frustrating, but what does trolling this man do?

Jesse Jensen and Matt Young favorited a Tweet you were mentioned in
    12h: @SmouseNTheHouse @1flapdown77 @CblackCHC this isn’t even trolling because trolling is funny. This is just ignorance. Sums up the SF fanbase.

Liam Bevan ‏@Liam_Bevan 3h3 hours ago
    @1flapdown77 You’re an idiot

Nick Massey ‏@NicholasjNick 4h4 hours ago
    @1flapdown77 @CblackCHC shit up retard. Tell bochy to pull out his starters like every other coach

Kaleb Earls ‏@K_Earls32 4h4 hours ago
    @1flapdown77 @CblackCHC you are completely ignorant. Things like this happen all the time. He didn’t intentionally try to hurt him. Grow up.

tscdigitalmag ‏@TSC_Digmag 12h12 hours ago
    @1flapdown77 @CblackCHC you are a menace yourself and a disgrace to #MLB fans and to the team you have chosen to support

Dan O’Leary ‏@Danoleary11 14h14 hours ago
    @Cubs I’m a @Reds fan but more over a baseball fan. Hope @CblackCHC gets the support he deserves because of dicks like @1flapdown77

Dan O’Leary ‏@Danoleary11 14h14 hours ago
    @1flapdown77 fuck you dude! You ever pitched or played a single inning of baseball the meant anything to anyone but your ego? STFU douchebag

Nicholas McManus ‏@nicholasmcmanus 15h15 hours ago
    @1flapdown77 dude you’re a fucking loser shut up

Cat Daddy ‏@RyanEgolf 11m11 minutes ago
    @1flapdown77 @JonMyers33 @CblackCHC and your still an idiot.

12. Nipper said, on March 6, 2015 at 12:41 pm

Worried sick about this Hunter misfortune? Hell NO! I’m worried about paying the rent.

13. zumiee said, on March 6, 2015 at 1:23 pm

Reddick made a great catch against the Giants in Spring Training last year doing this, but it didn’t work out so well this time:
    “Mesa, Ariz. – Right fielder Josh Reddick, who was off to a nice start in Cactus League play with three hits his first game, was scratched from the A’s game on Friday with a right oblique strain.
    Reddick was injured during defensive drills, leaping to try to catch a ball at the wall. “I went to grab the chain link to try to pull myself up and felt a pop,” said Reddick, who called the injury “something freak.”

14. zumiee said, on March 6, 2015 at 1:26 pm

Ishi’s having a nice game vs. Texas. 3 for 3, 2 RBIs. Petit pitched well.

15. Hargesheimer said, on March 6, 2015 at 3:05 pm

Pérez > Punter. And when Panik hurts himself, Hicks will be ready to step in.

16. Irish Kevin said, on March 6, 2015 at 4:12 pm

IMO, this is nothing, a bump in the road, last year through what June the Giants had one of the best records in baseball, and the they stumbled, bumbled into the playoffs. We all know what happened then. So this is nothing to worry about. People seem to want to bash Blanco, IMO he did a great job. At some point all you numbers guys have to let that shit go. Those are career/season numbers. A player can be hot at the begging of the season and that will be just fine till Hunter gets back. Wasn’t it Hicks last year?? He had a hell of a April and May start.

17. stickman said, on March 6, 2015 at 4:17 pm

Not too worried about Pence. Back when i was around his age i had a shattered ulna (along with other bone-jolts) and had it back together in a few weeks, pushing 350 pound loads in my wheelbarrow on the goatpath through the woods. Great way to get in shape, btw. Anyone wants to learn the techniques from an old pro just drop me a line. At this point it looks is worst case scenario eta being around second week of May for Hunter. Likely he will be back with a vengeance and will particularly look to do it vs the Cubbies.

• pawliekokonuts said, on March 6, 2015 at 4:51 pm

I can see Pence doing just that!

18. pawliekokonuts said, on March 6, 2015 at 4:49 pm

Gee. Some rough Twitter comments there. Sort of like the NCAA and Jim Boeheim har har.
    Hey, did you notice this name of a guy on the Rangers? Rougened Odor. Love it.

• pawliekokonuts said, on March 6, 2015 at 4:50 pm

correction: Rougned Odor

• Flavor said, on March 6, 2015 at 5:16 pm

yeah. He won me some dough last year. Cheapo second baseman who went off one day. I remember it well.

19. snarkk said, on March 6, 2015 at 7:27 pm

I don’t think the Pence thing is nothing, but it’s not major problemo either, unless he’s out 3 months, not 2. and doesn’t get back to the lineup until June 1 or so. This just further points out how shallow the depth is in the Giants OF positions. Seriously, Perez may now be considered a major rotation player for 2 months? Sheezus, give Gary Brown a chance. Perez is a AAAA player for sure, Brown may be, but he needs a chance to prove he’s not. And, Pagan isn’t exactly furnishing a lot of comfort on how well/much he’s going to play. We’ve got a pretty solid infield, even with McGehee in for Panda, but the outfield is a real concern, as usual…

• Flavor said, on March 6, 2015 at 7:46 pm

I really don’t think this is going to be 2 months. It’s March 6th, he’ll get the cast off in 4-5 weeks, and he’ll need 2-3 weeks to rehab. Maybe that’s being optimistic but that puts him back about a month into the season. Yes?

20. zumiee said, on March 6, 2015 at 9:08 pm

It probably seals the deal that Pagan will be in the middle of the batting order, with Aoki leading off. It would be very cool if those two had a decent start to the season. They could help pick up Pence during that time. Blanco does way better when he’s not leading off. I’m not sure that Bochy even still has gotten that concept. Aoki should be the lead-off choice at this point.

21. sportdude said, on March 6, 2015 at 11:08 pm

Not a big deal?…Delusional IMO..We have the worst hitting team of any contender and a shaky starting 5. Any win we don’t get because of Pence’s absence will be a game that will haunt later. What if we had lost 3 more games in April last year. No playoffs and no ring…

• zumiee said, on March 6, 2015 at 11:28 pm

Well, we’ll find out ‘WAR, what is good for’? If Pence’s WAR is about 4, then in the time he’s gone that should be a loss of, at most, 1 win, according to the SABR world.
      Sure, the Giants could miss the playoffs by 1 game, and we’d be pretty peeved about that.

I think the Giants finished 6 games ahead of the next contender, last season, if I remember correctly. I’ll have to check that.

• Hargesheimer said, on March 7, 2015 at 2:39 am