RIP Edilia Arvelo

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on April 1, 2015

Great post by Twin at the end of the last thread. Very weird that the Cardinals will be honoring this guy who basically murdered himself and his girlfriend last year in a horrific drunk driving crash. Six times the legal limit? I don’t know if you guys have ever blown into a straw. I did once and I came up .11 BAC and I was actually pretty surprised it was that low. I felt pretty hammered. I can’t even imagine what .28 (or whatever he was) must feel like and the fact that he thought it a good idea to go blazing around in his car with a passenger is just unreal to me.

The Cards say they’re doing it to educate young ballplayers about the dangers of drinking and driving but I would think at this point everyone knows about that. To me it looks an awful lot like the way Darryl Kile was *honored* and I those 2 deaths aren’t even in the same ballpark.

If you are drunk off your ass and you decide to drive a car you’re a freaking idiot. Come to think of it, maybe people this dumb do need to be educated……

_______________________

On a separate note, I’d like to encourage all of you not to participate in what is far and away the dumbest day of the year……

1. gianthead said, on April 1, 2015 at 7:26 am

My Gary Brown thoughts was that when drafted the tag line was that he may be the fastest white guy ever to play baseball. Went to see him at AA in Richmond and as expected he hits a ground ball to second and flies down the line and beats the throw. He then promptly gets thrown out trying to steal second and I learned he had a high thrown out rate in AA. If you are that fast, then something is wrong if you can’t steal in AA like a white Ricky Henderson. Guys don’t stay that fast throughout their career and if they can’t hit then that is it…he could not hit…

2. unca_chuck said, on April 1, 2015 at 7:34 am

Yowza. 0.28 is like a noon to midnight drinking binge.

And what I do with straws is my business.

Terrible shit, but one that happens all the time unfortunately.. The tragedy is taking people with you when you are incredibly stupid.

3. willedav said, on April 1, 2015 at 7:41 am

End of thread I posted something about Gary Brown and the giants, just that it’s hard to figure out what went wrong. Maybe he isn’t smart enough to figure things out and doesn’t have enough talent to play at ml level.
    Maybe he isn’t coachable, maybe he never got the right kind of it.

I know I’ve felt that way about a lot of kids, that I didn’t do enough to help them improve and impart things in a way that would be more beneficial. And some kids just didn’t want to hear it or heard something completely different from parents or other coaches they played for, and just hit a wall and never got better.

Given what Giants have gotten out of the farm system in terms of all the quality pitching, plus Belt Craw Panik Posey Susac Sandoval plus Duffy, that’s a pretty fair haul. But if the best you can get out of the OF is Nate, Brown, Ford and Kieschnick (let go by the D-Backs too), then you gotta wonder.

• Lurker John said, on April 1, 2015 at 8:49 am

You do some coaching, williedav?

• willedav said, on April 1, 2015 at 9:02 am

yeah, b-ball for last 25 yrs or so…high school, middle school, traveling teams, Asian church league.
        And I still feel same way after rec league season just ended, that I let down a few kids and didn’t do enough to help them along.

• Lurker John said, on April 1, 2015 at 9:23 am

I’m guessing you helped them more than you might think. You’re close to it so it can be hard to see. I coached some boys club basketball with a friend and had similar thoughts. I know now the kids didn’t see it that way and have nothing but positive memories of those times. It can be a tough thing to do, coaching. You have to admire the people that do it well.

• Bozo said, on April 1, 2015 at 9:47 am

willie, I checked out that list of the top 32 in the 2010 draft that zumiee posted last night and I’m thinking it was just a shitty draft for OFers (although it seems, Texas loves these guys) . Here is a list of the Ofers, the position they were selected and where they are today.

1. Bryce Harper – All Star
      8. Delino Deshields Jr. – 2B/CF Texas Rule 5 grab from Houston, just made their 25 man with ST stats of .235/.278/.382

10. Michael Choice – traded from A’s to Texas. Had 253 ABs with the Rangers last year with a line of .182/.250/.320

15. Jake Skole – Texas AA 2014 line, .216/.297/.327
      17. Josh Sale – Released from Rays.
      23. Christian Yelich – 1B/OF Went from AA to Majors in 2013, Miami locked him up with a 7 year $49.57 contract extension this year.

24. Gary Brown – DFAed by SF.
      26. Kyle Parker – 1B/OF Optioned to AAA by Colorado.
      30. Chevy Clarke – Best name of the bunch was released by the Angels last year. Never got above high A league.

If Brown clears waivers and isn’t traded, it’ll mean Texas doesn’t want all of the Ofers from the 2010 draft and SF can option him to AAA.

4. willedav said, on April 1, 2015 at 7:50 am

In the POTD wilco mentions Tim Hardaway. Guy shot a knuckleball jump shot, with form and rotation you would never ever teach a kid. Had to be something he developed on the playground along with that famous killer crossover and it served him well to a nice career in the NBA. I’m sure there were people who tried to change that, but it worked for him.

His kid is in the NBA (well, the Knicks) so you wonder if Dad left him alone or taught him backspin.

• gianthead said, on April 1, 2015 at 8:31 am

Jr. threw out the ball in the Giants – Mets game we went to last year at Citi Field. We had our Giants gear on and told him to say hello to his dad…

5. Alleykat said, on April 1, 2015 at 7:58 am

Kevin Frandsen DFA
    Kruk shocked! Why?

6. willedav said, on April 1, 2015 at 8:14 am

Speaking of killer crossovers, none better than Curry’s posterization of Chris Paul last night.
    Paul has best seat in house as Curry puts him on the deck, nails a J and Dubs bench explodes.
    Dunno how to link it but this one is everywhere. Enjoy!

• gianthead said, on April 1, 2015 at 8:28 am

That was so awesome

7. Flavor said, on April 1, 2015 at 8:42 am

in case you missed it last night:

• chipower9 said, on April 1, 2015 at 8:50 am

I have seen that, or a similar move by Curry a few times this year. Just absolutely sick. I am amazed that Paul didn’t break his ankle there!

I was listening last night while heading to a class with my dog. Warriors were down 15 when I turned off the radio. I thought to myself, they have done this before, they can do it again. Not surprised at all with their come-back win. This fucking team continues to amaze me.

• willedav said, on April 1, 2015 at 9:07 am

Awesome.
      On the cbssports site are a couple others where he breaks down paul completely.
      One is a nice low cross into a 3, the other he changes speed rises as if to shoot then dribbles around paul who bought the fake and went airborne, then nails the J.
      good stuff…I’m sure playgrounds everywhere will be hopping with Steph moves.

8. chipower9 said, on April 1, 2015 at 8:46 am

I don’t get what the Cards are doing. Whatever. If you are ANYWHERE close to being over the limit…get a fucking cab. Please!

9. chipower9 said, on April 1, 2015 at 8:47 am

Gary Brown DFA’d. My thoughts: WTF took so long!

Maxwell, as expected makes the club. I like that move.

Final spot goes down to a utility IFer. Will it be Ehire or Duffster (well, they could DFA Arias, and he, with a guaranteed 1 million contract probably has the best chance of clearing waivers)? But since Arias is the only guy with considerable experience at 3rd, I don’t see that move. I know Bochy wants Duffy, and some say he would be better served playing every day in Sacto. Fuck that…I would put Duffy on the 25 and DFA Adrianza.

• blade3colorado said, on April 1, 2015 at 10:40 am

Baggs said they are trying to make a trade, whereby Duffy stays on the roster. Personally, they could shit can either Arias or Adrianza – no big loss IMO.

10. Lurker John said, on April 1, 2015 at 8:48 am

Yeah, .28 is completely gassed. Really, stupid to even think about getting behind the wheel. I remember when Dennis Erickson was coaching the Seahawks he was nailed a few times for DUI. One of the times his BAL was in the same vicinity. One of the local sports columnists described him as a “hard drinker,” and Erickson reacted violently, claiming that was not the case. Right pal. Just a social drinker

11. chipower9 said, on April 1, 2015 at 8:52 am

Just realized last night that the evening of opening day I have tix to see Bruce Hornsby in Folsom. It is going to be one long-ass day, but a very fun day! Time to Play Ball!

• Lurker John said, on April 1, 2015 at 8:54 am

I saw Horsnby years ago, in the 80’s, and he put on a really good show. I believe he opened for Huey Lewis and the News at Seattle’s Bumbershoot Festival. Both bands were at the top of their games.

• Flavor said, on April 1, 2015 at 9:07 am

I saw Hornsby open for The Dead at Laguna Seca back in ’87. That was some old school shit, lemme tell ya

• Lurker John said, on April 1, 2015 at 9:12 am

That’s one eclectic pairing there, Flavor. I forgot to mention that Huey Lewis had the Tower of Power horn section behind him and they sounded terrific. You put those guys behind just about any band and they’ll sound good. If you need punch, those guys have it.

• chipower9 said, on April 1, 2015 at 11:10 am

Lurker John – Hornsby opening for the Grateful Dead isn’t really that eclectic. Hornsby played with the Dead regularly in the early 90s as the band dealt with the loss of Brent Mydland. He also sat in regularly in the 80s and mid 90s.

Sure as hell wish I had the coin to fly to Chicago and see the Dead’s final shows. Hornsby will be a part of that band, too.

12. Lurker John said, on April 1, 2015 at 8:52 am

Bummer about Brown not panning out. After his year in SJ, he looked like a sure bet to make it to the majors. Sorry, pal, this ain’t the California League.

Have you guys been watching this Austin Slater kid? Came out of Stanford and is off to a nice start in the low minors. He hit a dinger in one of the spring games against the big club. He’s someone to keep an eye on.

13. Bozo said, on April 1, 2015 at 8:59 am

Oscar Taveras, sponsored by Busch.

• Lurker John said, on April 1, 2015 at 9:09 am

Yikes.

• Bozo said, on April 1, 2015 at 9:49 am

Bad joke. Sorry.

14. Lurker John said, on April 1, 2015 at 9:10 am

Watching the Dubs last night against a solid Clippers club (the starting 5 at least) and I was struck again by how impressive their bench is. Paul, Griffin and Jordan played big minutes for the Clips because they have to, while the Warriors can basically bring in a whole second 5 and keep the pressure on. I think that’s what will put the W’s over the top in the playoffs. It’s also allowed Kerr to ease off the minutes on the Splash Brothers and other starters all season. Iggy, Speights, Livingston, Ezili and Barbosa are all contributors. We got Speights for nothing and he’s fullfilled his promise and turned into an excellent player. Inside, outside, has a nice little 18 ft jimmy that he nails consistently. David Lee was a stud last night and we haven’t heard a peep out of him this year about having to come off the bench. Good stuff.

And Bogut. They run plays through him at the high post all the time and he’s phenomenal. What a great passing big man, blocks shots, rebounds, scores when you need it and plays great D. He gives them that toughness inside that they were missing for years. Like, since Nate Thurmond. ๐Ÿ™‚ We don’t hear much about the Monta trade any more.

The Warriors win it all this year. Too much balance in all aspects of the game for anyone to handle.

15. dirtnrocksnomo said, on April 1, 2015 at 9:13 am

I’ve been pretty hammered a few times in my life. .28 BAC is tow up as they say. Considering the Cardinals fans drunken response to Ferguson protesters last year I take this “honoring” with a grain of salt. They’re just playing to their base I suppose.

16. zumiee said, on April 1, 2015 at 9:46 am

If I were the Cardinals, I wouldn’t do the patch, for all the reasons that have been stated. But they’re dealing with their grief in their own way. Maybe it’s something the players were pushing real hard for.

17. salty said, on April 1, 2015 at 10:08 am

Did they honor Josh Hancock?

18. Macdog said, on April 1, 2015 at 10:14 am

The Steph move in Super Slo-Mo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHdahxlUPac&feature=youtu.be

19. blade3colorado said, on April 1, 2015 at 10:21 am

Curry owned Paul last night . . . However, Chris Paul is one of the best on-ball defenders in the NBA. He seems to take it personally when his opponent scores against him. While I love watching Curry, in three previous meetings against the Clippers this season, Curry was only averaging 18 points, 5 rebounds, and 6 assists per contest. It will be interesting the next time they meet.

• Chipower9 said, on April 1, 2015 at 11:08 am

“Only 18 points, 5 rebounds, and 6 assists per contest.” 18 would put Curry right about were Paul is for the season (18.9/gm). Curry’s season stats on assists is 7.8/game, so not that much of a drop-off, and his season stats on rebounds is 4.2. Bottom line, Warriors took the season series. Individual stats really mean nothing to this team with their depth, and that was proven again last night.

• blade3colorado said, on April 1, 2015 at 11:17 am

I follow basketball every night Chi . . . Just saying, don’t discount Paul. He is one of the best defenders in the NBA (which makes what Curry did last night even more impressive). Also, Paul is exhausted, i.e., Paul normally isn’t a scorer, but rather a facilitator – he has been taking up the slack for Griffin’s absence the last month and some weeks. Consequently, he is playing way more minutes then Curry is.

• chipower9 said, on April 1, 2015 at 2:45 pm

I know you follow basketball every night, and I do not (I had to go look up the stats). And no way was I trying to discount Paul. I was just pointing out that Paul really has not had a significant impact on Curry’s game when they are matched-up, and that the Warriors are so deep, it matters little, as they have the depth to overcome off nights, and a guy getting shut down, etc. Paul is a damned good player, but I would take Curry over him every day, and twice on Sundays.

20. ewisco said, on April 1, 2015 at 11:48 am

At the game. Duffy working with witus at third. Someone taking his throws. Witus hitting.

21. chipower9 said, on April 1, 2015 at 12:35 pm

Belt getting a start in LF and Duffster one at 3B in the Giants FINAL game in the Valley of the Sun.

And Bowker is getting a start at 1B, too!

22. zumiee said, on April 1, 2015 at 12:44 pm

Cynthia Lennon passed away today; her son Julian was at her bedside.
    McCartney wrote “Hey Jude” originally as a song of comfort for Julian when John and Cynthia were getting divorced.
    Julian had 2 or 3 hit songs of his own in the 1980s.

23. Irish Kevin said, on April 1, 2015 at 12:56 pm

Dumbess day of the year?? Harrumph my B’day is not that!! ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜œ

• ewisco said, on April 1, 2015 at 1:19 pm

Happy bday to another fool.

• Irish Kevin said, on April 1, 2015 at 5:49 pm

Thanks ewisco you too!!

24. snarkk said, on April 1, 2015 at 1:50 pm

Mrs snarkk b-day today. We’ll go out for dinner. I’m planning on falling about .25 short of a .28 at the end of dinner. I doubt I could get near a .28, I’d keel over at about a .12 or some such …

• Irish Kevin said, on April 1, 2015 at 5:50 pm

Well happy birthday to Mrs.Snarkk!!

25. wilcojoe said, on April 1, 2015 at 2:17 pm

How awful are the Phillies going to be this year? They must be following the same blueprint of the Astros last six or seven years. Jerome freaking Williams is their #3 starter! Talk about a team falling hard from the peak. Philly fans must be counting down the days till the Ducks, er Eagles season starts.

• Bozo said, on April 1, 2015 at 2:26 pm

Didn’t the Phils and Stros have the same GM for awhile?

• wilcojoe said, on April 1, 2015 at 2:40 pm

Yep, Ed Wade.

• ewisco said, on April 1, 2015 at 2:43 pm

I’ll confess, it might have been a bit wind aided.

26. ewisco said, on April 1, 2015 at 2:39 pm

Duffy goes yard. Ehire worried

• ewisco said, on April 1, 2015 at 3:03 pm

Ehire in at short. Makes a nice play deep in the hole. Great throw to panik who almost turns two. Later ehire makes solid play and they do turn two. 3-2 us bottom of 6

• ewisco said, on April 1, 2015 at 3:03 pm

Adrianza grounds out to pitcher.

• ewisco said, on April 1, 2015 at 3:24 pm

Bowker delivers a double to right center! Two out RBI. 4-2 going to eighth.

• wilcojoe said, on April 1, 2015 at 3:06 pm

How did Bum look? Why only four innings? I haven’t seen a pitch count, but you would think this late in the spring, these guys would be stretched out further.

• zumiee said, on April 1, 2015 at 3:11 pm

I don’t claim to know, but Kershaw only pitched 3 innings for the Dodgers today. It’s possible that both pitchers finished up with bullpen sessions/simulated game type of thing.

• ewisco said, on April 1, 2015 at 3:27 pm

Bum looked good. Blanco dropped a catchable ball in the right center gap but it wasn’t called an error for some reason. Bochy looked ok but had trouble overcoming Sanchez throwing error. He doesn’t really seem to have an “out” pitch. Gets ahead but they foul off a bunch.

• wilcojoe said, on April 1, 2015 at 6:30 pm

Yeah Zum you are probably right. Seems like teams have been doing that more lately.

27. zumiee said, on April 1, 2015 at 3:21 pm

Governor’s ordering a 25% water usage reduction. Would that affect golf courses? Probably not somehow. The golfers will find a loophole.
    I read something a little mindblowing yesterday. It takes about 12 gallons of water per regular tomato grown. Man, that water adds up.

28. ewisco said, on April 1, 2015 at 3:35 pm

Bowker in at first. Saves his own life fielding shot down the line. Steps on bag for two.

• ewisco said, on April 1, 2015 at 3:39 pm

Williamson goes yard to right. Wind blowing out that way but off the wall at least at AT&T.

29. blade3colorado said, on April 1, 2015 at 3:36 pm

Thanks for the updates Eric . . . Do they announce the final cuts tomorrow?

• ewisco said, on April 1, 2015 at 3:40 pm

Doubtful as they still have the a’s. Ehire grounds to third.

• ewisco said, on April 1, 2015 at 3:43 pm

Romo to close. 5-2.

30. zumiee said, on April 1, 2015 at 3:39 pm

Tomorrow night’s Giants/A’s game is on the A’s Comcast network, I think. And then Friday night and Saturday afternoon are on the Giants Comcast network.
    Sunday night’s MLB opener, Cards/Cubs, is on ESPN 2, I think. The women’s college basketball championship is on ESPN at that time.

31. blade3colorado said, on April 1, 2015 at 5:27 pm

ESPN Online better go back to the drawing board. I hate their new web page.

• Flavor said, on April 1, 2015 at 6:02 pm

it’s the worst. I have bookmarked Yahoo NBA. You can’t even get to a fucking box score without having to watch a 30 second game cast ad unless you first click on “scores” after you get to the main NBA page. Totally stupid

• blade3colorado said, on April 1, 2015 at 6:21 pm

The ONLY thing I like about their new web page is that they stopped making Los Angeles, New York, Boston and Chicago the center of the sports universe (i.e., got rid of their stupid dedicated pages).

• chipower9 said, on April 1, 2015 at 7:45 pm

Yep…sucks big time.

32. pawliekokonuts said, on April 1, 2015 at 5:30 pm

Illegal drugs get a lot of attention, but old-fashioned booze can be pretty lethal, especially when combined with driving. Maybe the Cardinals need to look at this more deeply. I mean, this is the organization that had their skipper passed out, drunk, at a traffic light. And yet I’m not saying they are necessarily worse than anybody else. You won’t be seeing postseason revelers spraying Coke or Pepsi any time soon.

33. blade3colorado said, on April 1, 2015 at 6:36 pm

Too bad Gary Brown didn’t get instruction from George Brett . . . Awesome video where he goes off on today’s stupid hitters:

34. chipower9 said, on April 1, 2015 at 7:44 pm

Ishikawa (back) staying in the AZ to get some minor league ABs. Boch says DL is a possibility. That means Arias, Ehire and Duffster all make the squad for now.

• wilcojoe said, on April 1, 2015 at 7:48 pm

Did Bochy give a “wink-wink” when he said Ishi has a sore back. The old opening day “phantom injury” bug strikes again.

• wilcojoe said, on April 1, 2015 at 7:49 pm

Of course I would have choosen Ehire to “take one for the team.”

• chipower9 said, on April 2, 2015 at 7:41 am

Yeah, you could smell this one (phantom injury) coming from 10 miles away. I agree with Flav, I would have prefered to see Ehire “take one for the team,” but I get the logic…I think this is his last chance to really prove he belongs. In Baggs’ piece yesterday, Bochy said Duffy had made the team regardless, so it appears the jig is up with Adrianza, unless he can make some serious noise over the next week or so while Ishi is back in Zona.

35. Flavor said, on April 1, 2015 at 7:51 pm

totally not cool with Ehire making the team over Ishi unless the back thing is legit. I don’t think it is though, I agree with Wilco

36. snarkk said, on April 1, 2015 at 8:07 pm

I don’t get this Adrianza fetish. I never heard of the guy until last season, then suddenly he’s pushed as some defensive genius who can’t be let go because he’s out of options. Nunsense to me. If they’re worried about backup for Crawford, then let Arias and Duffy do that backup. Arias has a MLB deal, so they can’t cut him, I believe, else lose the dough. At least not this early. Maybe Ishi developed the bad back to give management some time to find a place to deal Adrianza. I wouldn’t give much for him in return…

• chipower9 said, on April 2, 2015 at 7:43 am

Yep…they “could” DFA Arias, but the Giants would be on the hook for his contract (1 mil).

37. paulinasia said, on April 1, 2015 at 8:10 pm

It seems the only option Adrianza is not out of is staying on the Giants roster….. which is the one I wish he was most out of….

38. DJLoo said, on April 1, 2015 at 8:24 pm

Who among us hasn’t driven drunk? You only get vilified when you kill someone.
    Not an excuse, just a fact of life…

• Flavor said, on April 1, 2015 at 8:26 pm

I agree with you to a point. But I am quite sure I’ve never driven with 6X the legal limit in me. I doubt most people have.

• DJLoo said, on April 1, 2015 at 8:30 pm

Like anything else, Flav people are only sorry, only apologize, when they get caught…
        When are you coming to NY???

39. wilcojoe said, on April 1, 2015 at 8:43 pm

There is some truth to the old adage “I drive better drunk.” I think it just depends on the individual. Even when I was in college, I always made a concerted effort to pay more attention than usual while driving home from downtown Austin after a long night on 6th street. Yet we all know those dumb fucks who did not. .My problem was driving stoned. I was a paranoid stoner on the roadway. I would be the guy going 40 in a 65 zone. Talk about a way to get pulled over. A ten minute drive would feel like six hours. I avoided driving after smoking at all costs as I knew I was a serious hazard to society.

40. Irish Kevin said, on April 1, 2015 at 9:26 pm

I have to say I drove more times stoned than drunk. I just was not into beer. The 70’s Budweiser owned the beer world. Of course in high school it was Mickey big mouths!! Cheap beer everywhere!! But for me it was golden bud. I remember driving home one night looked up and a flair of red break lightship I damn near locked my breaks thinking I was going to rear end the car in front of me. I looked again and the car had to be a mile a way. I slowed and though whoa that was some good shit tonight. Started laughing my ass off. Drove the rest of the way home just fine!!

41. paulinasia said, on April 1, 2015 at 10:49 pm

Yahoo has its picks for the post-season. Looks like Nationals and Dodgers are the darling picks for the NL, although they’ve also got the Cardinals, Cubs, Marlins, Pirates, and a little bit of Padres in the playoffs. Cubs and Marlins? They might be more competitive this year, but I don’t see them making the playoffs. For the AL, 5 writers have 5 different teams going to the World Series, all to be beaten by Dodgers or Nationals. I don’t really care where the Giants finish in the standings, just as long as they make it into the postseason so they can turn it all on its head again…..

• chipower9 said, on April 2, 2015 at 7:48 am

Thanks for the link Paul. These always crack me up…hell, this article could have been written in any of the years 2010, 2012, or 2014. I love it when the Giants don’t get the love…flying under the radar, baby!

42. chipower9 said, on April 2, 2015 at 7:46 am

I heard a tidbit on the evening news last night that most will be interested in…the Giants pay off the mortgage on the Phone Park in two years.

• wilcojoe said, on April 2, 2015 at 7:57 am

Yeah but I’am sure we will have to hear how their money is now tied up in the adjacent development project.

• dirtnrocksnomo said, on April 2, 2015 at 8:19 am

haha, yep. The cost of those pop up beer gardens is off the charts. No FA signings for you Giants fan!

43. willedav said, on April 2, 2015 at 7:57 am

Dodgers Nats Cards, ho hum. They all won last year too right, but all of them went down in playoffs.
    And all those teams should be strong again, but not without issues.
    Nats have expensive pitching staff, lost Clippard, and have a bunch of contract issues that could make this year their last best shot. And of course Matt Williams with a lot to live down.
    Cards have retooled adding Heyward, potential FA, at the cost of an SP, and of course Taveras. And same ? to answer as to what went wrong vs. SF, Matheny certainly being an issue himself.
    LA has a big sword over their heads in health of Ryu, and Jansen. While I think they’ll be better off without Hanley Gordon and Kemp, there is always lot going on under the surface there. Another team with too many OFs and an aging IF.
    The favs are always the ones with the targets on their backs and in case of these 3, every time they see the Giants, reminder of what they don’t have.

• blade3colorado said, on April 2, 2015 at 8:08 am

Nats will not have Rendon to start the season – he is out with a sprained MCL (probably the best 2nd baseman in the NL).

44. chipower9 said, on April 2, 2015 at 7:57 am

Good read on Caballo Loco…discussing his relationship with Mays, among other things.

• blade3colorado said, on April 2, 2015 at 8:13 am

Did you see the video Chi? Nice tumbling catch of Cargo’s soft liner to center. Back problems? Right there it sure as hell didn’t look like he had an issue . . . Moreover, he didn’t hesitate – straight route to the ball.

• chipower9 said, on April 2, 2015 at 8:35 am

I did see that Steve…same old Crazy Horse we have come to know and love. I don’t give a rat’s ass about how many starts the guy has made, will make, whatever. When he is healthy, he IS a catalyst. I stand by my (and you were one too) prediction that he plays in over 100 games this year. As the article states, he played in 154 as recently as 2012, and even with the back injury nagging last year, the dude played in 96.

• blade3colorado said, on April 2, 2015 at 8:39 am

Exactly. Without those 96 games (.300 BA, 21 doubles, 16 SB) – we don’t make the playoffs ——> 2014 World Series Champions.

45. Nipper said, on April 2, 2015 at 8:18 am

The “Phone Yard” would be nicer name than ATT. Especially since Dallas has the same basic moniker. Eck!

• chipower9 said, on April 2, 2015 at 8:36 am

Of the three names this yard has had, I have always like the original “Pac (Pacific) Bell Park.”

46. Flavor said, on April 2, 2015 at 8:43 am

NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW TTTTTTTTTTTTTTHHHHHHHHHHHRRRRREEEEAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD