Miami

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on May 7, 2015

Maybe it hasn’t been this way in recent years, but it always feels like we play our worst baseball against the Marlins in San Francisco. Rickey Nolasco is pitching today in Minnesota and I can feel his longing westward stare. His ERA is 10.12 this year but if he had been allowed to pitch against the Giants all season you could subtract the 0.

Still trying to figure out why the Dodgers let Dee Gordon go……

As usual, watch out for Stanton.

Giddy up.

_____________

no better example of the vast chasm between Baggs and the rest of the SF Giant beat writers. Haren gets a hit and these are the near simultaneous tweets from one guy who pays attention to stats and one guy who eats lots of hot dogs and fights with his twitter followers:

compare

1. willedav said, on May 7, 2015 at 7:04 am

No matter where he played, Gordon was defensive liability. Blogger comments I saw made mention of his second half OB last year being .280. Howie Kendrick is significant upgrade, a guy they’ve hit clean up and older vet type; seems like Mattingly kind of guy, the anti-Hanley.
    There is definite uncertainty on Dodger IF going forward tho.

Not sure when you’d have to get there, but Stanton is a guy I’d pay to watch take BP. I liked what I saw of Marlins last year, esp the OF. Morse gets his ring and should get good reception, well deserved.

• chipower9 said, on May 7, 2015 at 9:59 am

I got into the yard on Saturday a bit before 12 (for a 1:05 start) and the Angels were taking BP. Bottom line, gates open 2 hours prior to first pitch, and the Giants usually do BP first. But I agree…would love to see some of Stanton’s BP.

2. willedav said, on May 7, 2015 at 7:23 am

Nice report from Dirt. Years ago I went to an A’s game with my godson and his Aunt, who I think it was first game she had ever been to, of any sport, ever. Oh man, she’s excitable and kind of vocal, so when a guy from other team fouled one into stands with 2 strikes, she was up and yelling “He’s out. That’s 3 strikes right?” Her younger sister, godson’s Mom whose kids played LL ball for years and were way into all sports, laughed about stuff long time.

Point I mentioned last night about acquiring potential FA eligible pitching: A’s got Samarzdjia from Cubs but it cost them Russell, their top rated IF, and ultimately didn’t re-sign him and he went to ChiSox. Meanwhile, they are playing Eric Sogard still at 2b.
    They dumped off Cespedes in his walk year because Beane didn’t want to pony up, got Lester and then watched him sign elsewhere too. And that’s the same thing that happened to RedSox, who wound up without either guy, and whose SPs are the shits.

It’s a big risk, unless you can be sure the guy you get will re-up. At some point Reds are probably gonna let Cueto go, but he’ll probably want $200 mil over x amount of years. And of course if you don’t win like the A’s last year and SF in 2011 and lose top prospect to boot (Beltran deal), that kind of stings.

3. blade3colorado said, on May 7, 2015 at 7:36 am

Still cracking up over Dirt’s game day report. I dated a German national for 3 years and Dirt was spot on regarding my experience attempting to provide instruction (illumination?) about the game of baseball. I failed miserably. However, she actually liked going to the games (1983-1986), but couldn’t understand how I could watch a game on television. Very boring to her. Conversely, football was a game she really enjoyed watching . . . I can still hear her voice, “Gooooaaaal!” and my response, “No Marina . . . That’s a touchdown. The goal is when . . . umm, nevermind.” lqtm.

By the by, fuck Tom Brady.

• Macdog said, on May 7, 2015 at 9:22 am

Back page of today’s NY Daily News: GREAT BALLS OF LIAR!

• blade3colorado said, on May 7, 2015 at 9:57 am

Maybe these guys did it . . .

• chipower9 said, on May 7, 2015 at 10:26 am

That is fucking hilarious, Blade. Thanks for the morning humor…LMOA…

4. Carstie Clausen said, on May 7, 2015 at 7:43 am

“If a butterfly flaps its wings…” If Flappers flap their jaws about bouncing or trading Belt…the dude goes out and stings a couple of line-drives that went for a double and a triple, nearly busting the bricks in the wall in the process. Commenters have noted they would have been out in most ML parks. #9 is NOT a clouter, he’s a slasher. When he’s on nobody hits em much harder. Signs looking up after his slowww start. When his fellow too tall Texan returns it could make for quite the dynamic duo.

Duffster has taken full advantage of his couple outings at third, with good defense and base hits. He keeps that up and somebody may just get Wally Pipped.

Heston and Susac hit a couple of speed-bumps yesterday vs a team which suddenly remembered they can hit. Learning experiences in that 162 game marathon.

5. dirtnrocksnomo said, on May 7, 2015 at 8:37 am

I really like what Aoki has brought to the club and not just because I am a big Tarantino fan. Pagan really was a fantastic catalyst in the lead off spot but I think he’s better in the 3 hole the way this team is constructed. Plus, when he gets a day off you can live with Blanco in the 6-8 spot. Pence coming back will lengthen the LU to say nothing of the energy he brings.

Aoki’s walk up music for the record. From the coffee shop robbery scene/intro.

• chipower9 said, on May 7, 2015 at 10:30 am

Love EVERYTHING Tarantino. Giddy up on that shit, Aoki. Good synopsis on Aoki/Pagan (lead-off/3-hole). I agree in liking Pagan hitting 3rd. And on those days Aoki gets a day off, you can plug-in the Crazy Horse (no way I put Blanco in the lead-off when Aoki gets a puff).

6. giants54 said, on May 7, 2015 at 9:07 am

Pagan still looking for 1st hr. As a 3 hitter, is that an issue? Belt coming on Pence returning…think will get Posey going.

But Pagan probably won’t hit .340 all year either. Then again, couldn’t be worse at 3b.

Bottom line, they are 28th in runs scored. How much will that improve? Pitching is 10th, how long will that last?
    This team remains hard to figure.

• dirtnrocksnomo said, on May 7, 2015 at 9:28 am

Fair point regarding Pagan. I think he’d be better in the 2 or 6 spot with Posey or Belt in the 3 but Bochy Ball requires the second baseman to bat second and Pagan, more than any player on the club, needs his ego stroked to be at his best so I think he stays in the 3 or eventually goes back to leading off.

Bottom line, the 3 in 5 formula has been all about pitching and scrapping for runs. Is Heston the answer? Meh, not sure that I am convinced. Will Cain be Cain, Peavy return? Open questions I guess. As usual Sabean’s mid season move will be for an arm. Hopefully he can find this years Peavy.

• giants54 said, on May 7, 2015 at 10:39 am

Only fair? ๐Ÿ˜‰

I was wondering how many 3 hitters have there been with less than 8 hrs in a season?

• dirtnrocksnomo said, on May 7, 2015 at 10:42 am

I don’t know. Feel free to google it. It’s not a power club. I think they could do fine with Pagan in the 3 as long as Posey, Pence, Belt hit some bombs and everyone else contributes.

• Macdog said, on May 7, 2015 at 10:55 am

The low-power 3 guy I remember is Tom Herr for mid-80s Cards. From ’85-’87 he hit a combined 12 HRs (8 in ’85, 2 each in ’86-’87) hitting mainly from the 3 spot.

• chipower9 said, on May 7, 2015 at 10:33 am

I like Pagan in the 3 hole, and do not see it as an issue with a low HR total. This team isn’t constructed to bash, but to keep the conga line moving. And the top of the order has done exactly that. If the middle of the order gets their shit together, then we will see the run production go up. But I agree with Micah…pitching will again be key, and our boys will scratch, claw, and scrap for runs. Giants baseball, baby…with the correct amount of torture mixed-in.

7. chipower9 said, on May 7, 2015 at 9:47 am

Past stats be damned…all I know is that Gordon is currently hitting to a .430 clip. Stanton’s average isn’t that great, but dude has 7 bombs and 27 RBIs to go along with an 8+ OPS.

Haren has been dealing, too. Dude has gone 3-1, with a 2.70 ERA in five starts, and less that two ERs in four of those starts.

Giants need to excell in all facets of the game and take this series. A little momentum going into the bandboxes in Houston and Cincy would be great.

Giddy up, indeed! GO GIGANTES!

8. chipower9 said, on May 7, 2015 at 9:52 am

Blade – thanks for the link on the Bonds article. I know he got into bycicling right after he retired. Dude looks ripped. I printed it and will read it tonight while the Giants are kicking-off their four game “Fish Fry.” Marlin on a stick, anyone?

9. chipower9 said, on May 7, 2015 at 9:57 am

Dirt – enjoyed your descriptions of trying to spin-up your wife on the finer points of baseball. I got Gail (my better half) interested back in 2010, and she is still learning. Cool thing was we were sitting there getting ready to watch a game the other night, and she says “I am so happy baseball is back.” That’s my girl!

I still have to explain to her some of the more arcane nuances of the game, but it is fun. My favorite was when we were at a game a year or so ago, and the Giants won on a balk. So, here we are…runner on 3rd, people on the edges of their seats, and then the place ERUPTS (this after “apparently” nothing happened…IE, the balk). Everyone jumps to their feet, and Gail is sitting there going WTF just happened? It was hilarious…and then I had to explain to her exactly what a balk was. Good stuff.

10. zumiee said, on May 7, 2015 at 10:16 am

I’m going to San Francisco today, but not to the ballgame. I’ll be at the Emmylou Harris/Rodney Crowell concert tonight at the Fillmore. I’ll send good Flapper mojo across town to the Giants while I’m there. ๐Ÿ™‚

• chipower9 said, on May 7, 2015 at 10:36 am

How many times have you seen these two together, zume? I saw them last year at the Mondavi in Davis…spectacular show. I will NEVER tire of seeing Emmylou…I have a permanent crush on that woman. Enjoy the show…looking forward to some details.

11. Irish Kevin said, on May 7, 2015 at 10:18 am

Let’s see, 3rd place, 3.5 games out of First, 134 games to go, I am good. Prior to 3 in 5 I would be more vocal out here. I am not getting complacent, just more trusting of Bochy and Sabean. Plus the fact that every dynasty comes to a grinding halt at some point. The Steelers, Cowboys, Lakers, Celtics, Bulls. I could go on and on. So I am going to root and cheer to my dieing breath for the Giants. And I will always remember these WS.

• zumiee said, on May 7, 2015 at 10:23 am

And a half-game out of the Wild Card at the moment; they’ve hung tough without Pence, and battled back after the rocky start. And everyday gets closer to getting Pence back.

• chipower9 said, on May 7, 2015 at 10:37 am

Loved Loo’s comment that Bochy will soon get MadBum slotted for his start in the WC game. Good stuff…

12. giants54 said, on May 7, 2015 at 10:24 am

Dare to dream that Lincecum has found a way to succeed after three years of navel gazing, Peavy can be effective in the summer AND fall, and Cain returns and ….ugh. I just can’t envision him at full speed top form till late in the year. Certainly not seeing a #2 guy as hoped before the season started. That is their Achilles’s heel unless Timmy can miraculously be that. Waking up.
    Power.
    Remember when Bochy was saying Maxwell would remain in the lineup after Pence returns? He is now at .232, his career avg. Ishi has pop, but what shape will he be in? Bad backs prevent one from doing just about everything below the waist.
    #Lotsaquestions

• chipower9 said, on May 7, 2015 at 10:42 am

“Bad backs prevent one from doing just about everthing…” yep, just ask Scoots.

I don’t think Maxwell is an everyday guy. Pence comes back, I think the OF rotation will predominantly be Aoki, Pagan and Pence, with Maxwell getting an occasional start, and pinch-hitting opportunites to put one outta the park, and Blanco also getting a bone every now and then.

After a slow start, and sans a few stinkers here and there, overall the pitching has been pretty good. It is way too early still to begin tripping on that, or really anything else, IMO.

I would love to know what is going on in Sabes/Evans brains right now in regards to a more permanent answer at 3rd. Who in addition to Daniel Murphy is on the two-headed monster’s radar?

And as badly as he has sucked, I think Buzzkill will still get his chances. No way Bochy completely pulls the plug on him right now.

• unca_chuck said, on May 7, 2015 at 10:50 am

If maxwell smart keeps hitting I see Pine in McDeepee’s future.

• blade3colorado said, on May 7, 2015 at 11:02 am

Chi, possibly Cody Asche . . . http://www.thegoodphight.com/2015/5/6/8561981/the-phillies-giants-and-a-cody-asche-trade

Dunno.

• chipower9 said, on May 7, 2015 at 11:15 am

Charlie/Unca C – What does Maxwell’s Siver Hammer hitting have to do with 3rd/Buzzkill? I don’t get the connection. Bochy has said he is going to give McG some days off, but that he would continue to use him.

Many have talked about slow starts. Pence and Belt last year, Belt this year, Posey this year (everyone has their dry spells), and yet they are willing to give them some rope/benefit of the doubt. Why should McG not get the same? I am not trying to defend the guy…he has sucked balls, but I don’t see him going anywhere soon (unless Sabes/Evans make a deal for a more permanent 3rd sacker).

• dirtnrocksnomo said, on May 7, 2015 at 11:16 am

Nice link, blade. Asche is young so there’s that but he hasn’t hit for much power. Not sure if it matter but he bats from the left side. Would he be an improvement over Duffy? I can’t see giving up much for him so…

I have a hard time seeing a long term spot for Duffy but I hope he isn’t moved.

• chipower9 said, on May 7, 2015 at 11:19 am

Good link, Blade. I can see some validity in that article. We know that Sabes is beating the bushes hard…so it will be interesting to see if anything transpires, and if it does, who it will be and what the deal looks like.

• chipower9 said, on May 7, 2015 at 11:25 am

Dirt – I see Duffy’s long-term role as being a super-sub. He can play any of the IF positions and many have said that as good an athlete as he is, he could probably play in the OF, if required (I think we’re set in the OF, especially once Pence returns). Anyway, I don’t think you will see Duffy going anywhere…and hope like hell I am right on that note.

• unca_chuck said, on May 7, 2015 at 11:34 am

Brain fart. I meant the Duffster. Shit, he may end up like Kevin Frandsen, but I just couldn’t take the whole deal with Ray Ray sucking for so long while Frandsen was languishing on the bench.

When flying squirrel finally got in, he hit .370 to finish 2008. . . .

13. blade3colorado said, on May 7, 2015 at 11:53 am

In the same column I cited, they mention a Phillies prospect, Maikel Franco, who sounds way better then Asche, but he would cost us more. Me? As Dirt (I think) alluded to – I want to exhaust the possibility of Duffy at 3rd before we go outside the organization. Not tooting my own horn here (oh, yes I am. lqtm), but I was all in on both Panik and Duffy from the get go when they came up . . . I still think Duffy has the “it” factor that no one can exactly define or quantify, but nevertheless he has “it” in my opinion.

• Carstie Clausen said, on May 7, 2015 at 2:01 pm

Blade: Agreed pretty much across the board. The “it” factor is good. Kid is old school baseball ~something that rarely emanates from suburban baseball programs. Young jockulars in this country are waaaay over programmed these days. Somehow, despite all that Duffster seems to channel some gritty sandlot type from the Teens or Twenties, about a century ago.

• blade3colorado said, on May 7, 2015 at 2:38 pm

“Somehow, despite all that Duffster seems to channel some gritty sandlot type from the Teens or Twenties, about a century ago.”

You read my mind.

14. willedav said, on May 7, 2015 at 12:04 pm

Besides guys that start lousy, there are also guys who start well and taper off to come back to norm.
    Aoki last year was a .700 OPS guy, just like Blanco. If he gets closer to that kind of number, Pagan needs to take over leadoff, where he can run more. The more Aoki runs, the more funky shit you see.

Having the better hitters higher in the order would do more to produce runs, so…Pagan Panik Belt Posey Pence imo would be the best order getting the best hitters most ABs. Follow those 5 with some combo of Craw Duff and whomever in LF, hopefully Maxwell. Max is a good OF with some speed and power. Whether he can hit ml pitching over the course of a season, we’ll see. But that rbi the other night line shot into CF with RISP, was a good one.

• chipower9 said, on May 7, 2015 at 1:36 pm

I hope he proves me wrong, but I don’t think Max is an everyday guy. Unless Aoki seriously tanks, I think he has the lead-off spot for the year.

15. blade3colorado said, on May 7, 2015 at 12:17 pm

This is an advertisement . . . I’ve been wanting to purchase Pawlie’s, “Seeing the Signs: spirituality of the ordinary” book, but had forgotten to make the purchase. Looking forward to reading this, as I just made the purchase via Amazon.

OK, back to your regularly scheduled baseball rants, observations, etc.

16. willedav said, on May 7, 2015 at 12:39 pm

I realize what he did circumvented the rules, but I have a hard time justifying NFL suspending Gaylord Brady.

This is what you do to gain whatever edge you need, and in baseball especially it’s been that way for over 100 yrs. Roger Craig swore he’d catch infamous Mike Scott scuffing up the baseball and even as shrewd a guy as he could not catch him in the act, despite all the scuffed up balls he showed the umps afterward. And hey it could have been anyone on the IF, tossing it around after any out, K or otherwise.

17. unca_chuck said, on May 7, 2015 at 1:05 pm

Yeah, doubt it happens but really, hard to prove the whole chain of transgression.

18. zumiee said, on May 7, 2015 at 1:48 pm

Chi, I saw Emmylou and Rodney’s tour in April of last year, I think. Sheesh, maybe that was two years ago. Time flies! Excellent show; they were obviously having a lot of fun onstage together. It didn’t surprise me that they decided to do another album and tour together. They are longtime friends, but I think that is the extent of their personal relationship. And as you well know, the lead guitar player in their band is incredible. The Fillmore isn’t one of my favorite venues anymore, it has more crowd noise than I like; but it’s still a good place to see a show. We get in line early in order to get a table in the balcony. Our days of standing up for a whole show on the main floor are over, I think.

• zumiee said, on May 7, 2015 at 1:55 pm

The show I saw them in previously was in Santa Cruz, in a downtown auditorium. An interesting old place that used to hold boxing matches, amongst other events. The awesome Richard Thompson, solo acoustic, was the opening act that night.

• chipower9 said, on May 7, 2015 at 2:55 pm

Yeah, I pre-ordered their new CD on Amazon…think the release date is May 12. Looking forward to getting it. And if they play the Mondavi in Davis again, I will definitely check them out. That is one of the absolute best venues for live music. The acoustics are primo.

The lead guitarist, I believe, is Jedd Hughes. I know he has been their guitarist in the past…assuming he is still with them.

Have you heard of Sarah Jarosz? Young lady out of Austin? She and her band are fantastic (have not heard them live other than a set on Austin City Limits, but keep looking for her to play local again…I missed her show in Grass Valley last year). Anyway, Jedd Hughes also partnered with her on one of her CDs…co-writing a number of songs with her.

But yes, Jedd Hughes is one damned good guitarist. Enjoy the show and give Emmylou my love! ๐Ÿ˜‰

19. zumiee said, on May 7, 2015 at 1:52 pm

Willie’s still not an Aoki fan. ๐Ÿ™‚
    Aoki’s grown on me. There’s some quirky things I don’t like. He doesn’t run hard on some routine grounders. A fast lead-off guy should always run hard, IMO. Put pressure on the D to make that routine play. Plus the base-running gaffes.
    But, overall, Aoki has helped save the season so far. We’ll see how he does going forward.

• unca_chuck said, on May 7, 2015 at 2:25 pm

Yeah, the pickoffs and the rounding the bag too fars things are annoying.

• blade3colorado said, on May 7, 2015 at 4:01 pm

I hate that shit when players don’t run out routine grounders/popups. I guarantee you that shit wont happen when Pence is in the LU. Reverend will “preach” him up (regardless of whether he is Buddhist or Taoist).

20. Flavor said, on May 7, 2015 at 5:45 pm

Morse interviewed by Marty today. Video.

• blade3colorado said, on May 7, 2015 at 6:09 pm

I’ve thought this before, but never have said anything here – IMO SanDawg has an uncanny resemblance to Morse . . . Sort of a stockier version of him.

• Flavor said, on May 7, 2015 at 7:18 pm

I don’t see it, but he can chime in on that…….
        Morse is one of the all time most interesting Giants–dumb as a post (sorry, but when you fuck up tense multiple times in an interview, you just aren’t smart), strong as an ox, brittle as deer…..and you step up like a boss in the post season? And then POOF you’re gone before we even get to know ya?
        Not too many guys like this in Giants history.

21. Carstie Clausen said, on May 7, 2015 at 7:47 pm

When will this shit end of opposing pitchers driving in runs against the Giants. Could be a bad one developing as Hudson coughs up hairballs.

22. blade3colorado said, on May 7, 2015 at 8:01 pm

“This team remains hard to figure.”

Comment by giants54 which is spot on. A few days ago, world beaters . . . Last couple of days, a conundrum. Just my take Flavor, I think Morse was very nervous during the interview. I don’t know why, since no one was there, except him, Lurie and the cameraman. However, the interview was special in that it was his return to San Francisco and he probably did not want to say the wrong thing. He was well liked in the clubhouse and moreover, not too many baseball players are rocket scientists.

• Flavor said, on May 7, 2015 at 8:08 pm

there was lots of chatter from the Washington scribs about him being dumb. Don’t feel like searching it out, a lot of it was mean spirited, but it’s out there on the internet for anyone who wants to read it. And this interview lends support to it.

23. unca_chuck said, on May 7, 2015 at 8:11 pm

Yeah, here we go with the LOB again. . .

Haren with a 2 run double? He left a cripple pitch to Stanton that he only drilled into left. THEN he strikes him out.

24. Flavor said, on May 7, 2015 at 8:12 pm

8,700 fans watched the Rays game tonight. Now THAT’S a Candlestick crowd. Who knew they were such visionaries?

• xoot said, on May 7, 2015 at 8:20 pm

Were those fans in the climate controlled dome in Tampa? I dont’ think that compares to “crowds” at the Stick.

• Flavor said, on May 7, 2015 at 8:32 pm

imagine how many of those 8700 woulda shown in -19 degree windchill, right?

25. unca_chuck said, on May 7, 2015 at 8:14 pm

Waste those baserunners. This team turns into a DP machine

This game is over.

26. unca_chuck said, on May 7, 2015 at 8:15 pm

Morse is more than likely a dumbass. Most baseball players are.

• djloo27 said, on May 7, 2015 at 8:22 pm

What pro athletes do you think are smart?

27. unca_chuck said, on May 7, 2015 at 8:21 pm

Ahhh, that interview is fine, He does start out nervous but it’s fine,

Haren 2 for 2.

28. sandog said, on May 7, 2015 at 8:24 pm

I don’t know about the me looking like Morse deal. I like Loo’s comparison to the lead guitarist from Metallica for Morse.
    I used to get occasional comments that I looked like the Everybody Loves Raymond guy.

• Flavor said, on May 7, 2015 at 8:35 pm

I’ve had scads of people tell me I look like Jay Leno and George Clooney, so apparently we really don’t look a thing like anyone tells us we look like.

• xoot said, on May 7, 2015 at 8:41 pm

It’s probably the chin. I once had a guy who had appeared on Jay Leno’s show say I looked like Jay Leno. Bullshit.

• djloo27 said, on May 7, 2015 at 8:35 pm

Thanks Dog. I always felt Morse was a cross between Kirk Hammett (Metallica) and the Chief from One Flew Over The Cuckoo’s Nest…

• blade3colorado said, on May 7, 2015 at 8:46 pm

lol . . . Oh Lord. Chief, eh? That has me on the ground Loo.

29. Irish Kevin said, on May 7, 2015 at 8:33 pm

Hunter Pence starts his rehab in Sacramento tomorrow, Sacramento the place to be!

• unca_chuck said, on May 7, 2015 at 8:34 pm

No shit. 12 years in Roseville and the Giants move up there the year after I leave. Fuckers…

30. unca_chuck said, on May 7, 2015 at 8:33 pm

Flav’s certainly right about these guys coming in here and spanking our asses.

• Flavor said, on May 7, 2015 at 8:37 pm

we need Twinner to come in and smack down all this shit I’m right about. ๐Ÿ™‚

31. xoot said, on May 7, 2015 at 8:38 pm

Big Flavor noted the unique, meteoric quality of Morse’s SF stint. True. But what about Scutaro? When Pagan’s finger got spiked I thought about Scoots. Half a season, NLCS MVP, drink in the heavenly manna on prime time tv for all time? Wow. Then gutting it out (his two-strike ABs were highlights of the second half of the season) in 2013. Then a few games in 2014, in between back rehabs. Then gone, without a retirement announcement? Of course, he did get a good 3 year contract after that great second half and PS in 2012, so I’m sure he’s ok financially. But wtf? I didn’t watch the ring ceremony this year (work). Was Scoots there?

32. blade3colorado said, on May 7, 2015 at 8:59 pm

. . . and that’s your Giants replay. Pfffttt!

33. djloo27 said, on May 7, 2015 at 9:03 pm

Hard to win when you give up 15 hits, but not impossible:

• willedav said, on May 7, 2015 at 9:26 pm

wow. I could look at those all day.
      Marichal 12-2 and the team 33-29.
      Mac with .600 slugging and 1.000 OPS mid-June.

Mets, even, with Agee look like an awful team. JC Martin is batting cleanup? How did they get to ’69?

• djloo27 said, on May 7, 2015 at 10:03 pm

That Seaver-Marichal duel didn’t quite materialize…

34. James said, on May 7, 2015 at 9:19 pm

I think BF looks a little like one of the Hollywood greats, Laird Cregar:

• blade3colorado said, on May 7, 2015 at 9:31 pm

Was that dude in Superman II?

• djloo27 said, on May 7, 2015 at 9:59 pm

Good ones! I’m pretty sure last year I noted a resemblance between the Superman II villain and Yusmeiro Petit…

35. willedav said, on May 7, 2015 at 9:39 pm

Dang, watching Posey with that weak dribbler to 3b to end the inning sucked.
    Giants are 14th in league for runs scored, 7th in OB 10th slugging and OPS.
    Posey has 11 rbis here first week in May and .417 slugging coming into tonight, which is lower than: Panik Crawford (team leader) Pagan and Maxwell.

36. djloo27 said, on May 7, 2015 at 10:00 pm

Anybody got a clip of Clint Eastwood puking?

37. unca_chuck said, on May 7, 2015 at 10:29 pm

Close . . .

38. eddacker said, on May 8, 2015 at 12:20 am

Glad I am in Eureka, which is almost far enough not to smell the stink of Thursday’s Giants game.
    Lovely to see Morse ring thing before game. Everybody loves the gentle giants.tough day for Huddy, lots of called strikes and lots of sinking sinkers hit for hits. What ya gonna do?

I like what Boomer Esiason said on his show today: ‘All NFL quarterbacks mess with the ball.” endof.

39. sfsarge said, on May 8, 2015 at 9:37 pm

And it appears that the Sarge attendance win streak will continue.